Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 10:12 PM   #2801
Pearl-ExPert

Hi there - I have had a most frustrating day - went to print out an image from the old computer (will have everything sorted after SIL has visited this weekend, God willing) and the darn thing would not go ARGHHHH.
I was trying to get ahead before DD, SIL and family arrive, and DD and babies are staying for the week....
Then when I changed tack and decided I would try some Acrylic daubers I bought in July, and one was 75% dry, and the others too thick (i.e. half dry)... not impressed. Thankfully I had got two cards made before all that drama started

Hope you have all had a better day than me!!

When I read about your long trecks to get to the doctor, Lynn, I am so glad that I live in a small town and it is only 10 minutes (max) to get there.

Talking of being Queen of Crooked - I stuck something on today, then removed it and tried again. I got it on straight, but too far to one side, so I simply trimmed the card - all of 2mm- to centre it!! I had stamped my own background so it did not matter, all I had to do was sponge the edge again!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-12-2012, 03:17 AM   #2802
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Yes, Maggie, I'm going to try to play in the challenge! And.....all our doctors except the primary physician are in San Antonio - and usually on the other side of town. It just takes forever to get to any of them over there! Guess that's the price I have to pay for living in the "boonies"! LOL! I'm not real sure what I was trying to do with the card - but dismantled it all this morning - had some things I had to do - then this afternoon, finally got it finished! I know it must have taken at least an hour to get a good picture of it. It was so windy and kept blowing away, then I get it photographed, came and put it on the computer and realized I had one of the panels crooked! I swear they should have named me the crooked stamper! LOL! Anyway, did a couple of things different and will have it posted in the morning. It's so stinking CAS it hurts - but it's done. I HATE struggling with something like that. Usually if I walk away from it, I can come back and do better.....but that just was not happening yesterday. Sigh!!!!!

Hope everyone has a good evening. I get to go play cowboy again tomorrow (I already know it's going to be another long day - but don't have to leave until about 11:00 - so will try to check in then.

Lynn
Can't wait to see it. I had a time getting my card done last night. Turned out completely different from what I started with. For some reason one of my markers blotched on the image I was coloring. It was a gray that I don't normally use, so I'm thinking that it's just been sitting there since I traveled one time. That can happen from the air pressure difference if you take them on a flight. Anyway, I had another different image sitting there that I could use, so I did and it all came out really nice.

Have fun riding and roping!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 10-12-2012, 03:18 AM   #2803
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcardmaking View Post
Well...ahem...as a mediator of such high standing, you'd think he'd be more astute about rummaging through someone's desk while they're sitting there instead of just ASKING THEM. just sayin'.

Aren't mediators supposed to be trained in seeing things from another's perspective? hmpf.
LOL! Yes, but first and foremost, he's an attorney! That says a lot.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-12-2012, 03:22 AM   #2804
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
Hi there - I have had a most frustrating day - went to print out an image from the old computer (will have everything sorted after SIL has visited this weekend, God willing) and the darn thing would not go ARGHHHH.
I was trying to get ahead before DD, SIL and family arrive, and DD and babies are staying for the week....
Then when I changed tack and decided I would try some Acrylic daubers I bought in July, and one was 75% dry, and the others too thick (i.e. half dry)... not impressed. Thankfully I had got two cards made before all that drama started

Hope you have all had a better day than me!!

When I read about your long trecks to get to the doctor, Lynn, I am so glad that I live in a small town and it is only 10 minutes (max) to get there.

Talking of being Queen of Crooked - I stuck something on today, then removed it and tried again. I got it on straight, but too far to one side, so I simply trimmed the card - all of 2mm- to centre it!! I had stamped my own background so it did not matter, all I had to do was sponge the edge again!
Ugh! Sorry about the printing problems.

Hope you have a fun time with your DD and family visiting.

I bought a bunch of glue sticks to use for the women's conference we had a church a couple weeks ago for the card making project we did. I still have all of them left over, so I've started using them on my cards for layering mats and putting my b/g paper on my card base. I think it's really working out well. Do any of you use glue sticks? I still use my double sided tape to attache layers.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-12-2012, 03:24 AM   #2805
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts. Last day at the office without the boss. I hope I can get some of what I wanted to do done!

I have plans tonight to have dinner with a GF and then going to the movies. We're going to see Pitch Perfect. It looks really good. So far no other plans for the weekend. Maybe I can get a handle on things around here.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-12-2012, 05:20 AM   #2806
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin Twisted Tuesday

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: Camping in the Forest
Old 10-12-2012, 01:49 PM   #2807
Pearl-ExPert

I prefer to use either double sided tape or wet glue - glue sticks tend to blob in my experience although that said, I can usually get rid of them with a couple of passes through the cuttlebug.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:42 PM   #2808
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4
Default Prayer Request

Oh Ladies, please keep the Valdes family in your prayers tonight - they have just lost their 17 year old son I got a frantic call from my daughter 10 minutes before the bell rang for dismissal saying they were on total lockdown - Code Red. The entire school was gridlocked surrounding it and we all feared the worst - stranger on campus with a weapon, etc ...

Turns out that an active case of Meninggococcal from a student had been dx and he passed away this morning We are all in shock and such sorrow for the parents of this young man. Since he was a Senior like my daughter, we were told anyone who came in direct contact with him must seek immediate medical attn. We have been sitting for hours in the ER - all of our girls have had the vaccine previously but were tx tonight anyway just as a precaution. Just being there made me so very sick at heart

This is such a sad loss, and it hits so close to home. Thank you for thinking of them and keeping them in your prayers!
xoxo
Old 10-12-2012, 05:02 PM   #2809
Pearl-ExPert

Oh Kelly, I'm SO sorry! How terrible for the family and all of his friends. I'll say a prayer that none of your family has been infected!! And prayers for the young mans family to help them get through this terrible ordeal. Sending hugs!

I'll check back in tomorrow sometime....exhausted again.

Lynn
Old 10-12-2012, 05:16 PM   #2810
Pearl-ExPert

Oh what trial for you all - praying.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:18 PM   #2811
Forum Fanatic

Default Hello

Kelly- so sorry to hear this awful news- will keep this young man in prayers!

My Mom was admitted to the hospital with a bowel obstruction- they are watching her - she may need to have surgery- we just have to wait and see. She is 6 hrs away from us...so I have alerted my boss- I sm trying to decide if I need to head out there......

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Shelly
Old 10-12-2012, 07:26 PM   #2812
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
I prefer to use either double sided tape or wet glue - glue sticks tend to blob in my experience although that said, I can usually get rid of them with a couple of passes through the cuttlebug.
Maxine! What a surprise today. I love happy mail. Thank you so much for your cute card. I love it and remember seeing it on your blog. I couldn't imagine who was sending me something from so far away.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-12-2012, 07:29 PM   #2813
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
Oh Ladies, please keep the Valdes family in your prayers tonight - they have just lost their 17 year old son I got a frantic call from my daughter 10 minutes before the bell rang for dismissal saying they were on total lockdown - Code Red. The entire school was gridlocked surrounding it and we all feared the worst - stranger on campus with a weapon, etc ...

Turns out that an active case of Meninggococcal from a student had been dx and he passed away this morning We are all in shock and such sorrow for the parents of this young man. Since he was a Senior like my daughter, we were told anyone who came in direct contact with him must seek immediate medical attn. We have been sitting for hours in the ER - all of our girls have had the vaccine previously but were tx tonight anyway just as a precaution. Just being there made me so very sick at heart

This is such a sad loss, and it hits so close to home. Thank you for thinking of them and keeping them in your prayers!
xoxo
Oh, how horrible. Certainly I will keep them all in my prayers. I'm so glad that your girls have had the vaccine. I hear about this on the news all the time and also that College Freshman are required to have been vaccinated against it. It's very rampant on the campuses.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-12-2012, 07:30 PM   #2814
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
Kelly- so sorry to hear this awful news- will keep this young man in prayers!

My Mom was admitted to the hospital with a bowel obstruction- they are watching her - she may need to have surgery- we just have to wait and see. She is 6 hrs away from us...so I have alerted my boss- I sm trying to decide if I need to head out there......

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Shelly
Prayers for your mom also Shelly. I hope that she doesn't have to have surgery, but I know you'd probably feel better being there with her.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-12-2012, 07:31 PM   #2815
Quacker Stamper

Just got home from dinner and the movie. I'm so tired. I'm heading off to bed.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-12-2012, 07:32 PM   #2816
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you ladies ... I know your prayers will help them as they struggle with the passing of their young son. He was just so,young and this came on so suddenly I'm told. It presents with flu like symptoms. It's not the same meningitis that has been in the news. Mathis is viral, air-borne, spread through contact. So frightening.

The ER saw us immediately and placed our family in quarantine. We tried to tell them there would be hundreds of parents behind us. I raced there after talking to a DR colleague of my husband. She scared the life out of me. Both our oldest girls got shots ... Antibiotics, penicillin as tx precautions.

But this isn't about me . My kids are sad and I'm devastated for the family. I know prayers will help.

Shelly will keep mom in prayer. That just happened to my BFFs mom .. She had to have emergency surgery ... Praying your mom will not need it. Xoxo
Old 10-12-2012, 07:39 PM   #2817

Kelly, my thoughts/prayers are with all of those who knew this young man... how very sad and scary, too! I am sorry!!! HUGS!!!

Shelly, I'm also praying for your mom. I can fully understandy why you would want to go and be with her right now. HUGS!!!

Old 10-12-2012, 08:29 PM   #2818
Pearl-ExPert

Praying for your Mum Shelly.

Glad you got the mail, Maggie I had fun making it.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:58 AM   #2819
Gabfest Goddess

Good Morning Stamp Addicts!

As I said in other threads, Kelly: your family and the young man's family will be in my prayers. Such a tragedy.

Shelly: Prayers for healing for your Mom and safe travels for you too. Please check in when you can and update us.

Waving to everyone else!

Lynn, how's our cowgirl today? he he he

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 10-13-2012, 06:59 AM   #2820
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts! Got lots on the agenda today and need to get get my day started. Will check back later.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-13-2012, 03:41 PM   #2821
Pearl-ExPert

Kelly, still keeping you and your family in my thoughts.
Shelly, even though I already e-mailed you - I'll say it again.......hugs to you and just be careful traveling so far if and when you go. Since your mom is in the hospital, she's in right spot! Hopefully they can get it all taken care of without the surgery.

Sending hugs to both of you ladies!

"Cowboy" day went ok.....LOL! Just long as I expected. Got home, put on p.j.'s and was fast asleep very early! Today I've just been worthless.....watched a little football and stitched up some net "scrungies" that I use for washing dishes. I did whip out one card - that was needed IN A HURRY! But got it done and it's in the mail! I should have just taken one I'd made a long time ago, but Jim wanted a certain image on it so I tried to comply! I've got to get my act together on this card making stuff and just don't know what kind of fire to light under my buns to get it going....!!!!!

My brother turns the big SEVEN ZERO tomorrow so I may try to run up to see him
(a two and half hour trip......sigh!).

Will check in later.

Lynn
Lynn
Old 10-14-2012, 03:38 AM   #2822
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamps Addicts. Good to see you're all busy this weekend.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-14-2012, 01:10 PM   #2823
Pearl-ExPert

Morning - well, actually early afternoon!

I ended up not going to my brothers birthday bash.......it was just a crazy morning around here in so many ways! So, I watched a little football with hubby, did some computer stuff, and now I'm off to craft until time to cook! UGH!

Lynn
Old 10-14-2012, 03:19 PM   #2824
Pearl-ExPert

Hi everyone! Remember me? LOL! Sorry to be so absent. No excuse other than being away from home a lot and my new addicition...swaps!

I do have a question for you all. Is anyone else getting a lot of spam comments on their blogs? I've been getting 3 or more a day for the last couple of weeks. I do use comment moderation, so I can delete them and they don't get published, but still it is a nuisance. I just hate thinking of using those annoying codes that no one can read.

I'm watching the Vikings lose, DH and I'm sure our kids are bummed.

Hope everyone is doing well and having a good day.

Old 10-14-2012, 03:50 PM   #2825
Quacker Stamper

Hi Paige, no, I don't get very many spams on my blog. When I do, I get the notice in my e-mail, but I never see it on my blog.

I've just been around and visited everyone's blogs. I'm really loving what everyone is doing.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-14-2012, 05:57 PM   #2826
Forum Fanatic

Default Hello SA's

Hello- hope everyone had a great weekend. I worked Sat- spent the evening studying Chinese..... Not sure about this- so dang hard!!!

I am heading to Ky tomorrow- surgeon says obstruction for Mom should clear 2-5 days and tomorrow is day 5...and it is not resolving. The nurse tonight told me her surgeon is the best one on staff- that all of the nurses go to see hin, so feel good about that. I am going to miss a couple of days of work, I am feeling bad about it but Mom comes first....

I signed up for a couple of swaps- Oriental Arts- I just had to send in 4 cards, and ATC swaps..... I love doing the techniques swaps- so fun.

I met a blogger I have been familiar with on-line from The Netherlands last week- how exciting that was! I spent some time in the afternoon stamping with her and a couple of other ladies- I brought my Pan Pastels and we played with them a bit. The ladies do altered book pages- they showed me their books and gave me one- so guess what my next adventure MAY be.....hahahaha Has anyone ever tried anything like that?

Off to make one more card before I head to Ky tomorrow!

Hugs
Shelly
Old 10-14-2012, 06:13 PM   #2827
Pearl-ExPert

Shelly, be careful going tomorrow and hopefully all will be well with your mom. We'll be thinking of you and keep us up to date if you can.

How exciting to meet the blogging friend! Yes, I fully expect to see the altered book pages from you now! We all know you have plenty of time for this! LOL! You DO have the talent and so I think that'd be a good adventure!

Paige, glad you're back......and yes, I get a TON of spam!!! I have the blogger moderator too so just delete them but am really tired of seeing all that! Anytime I publish my comments through the dashboard I always check the spam button too - and they're there! Wonder why this happens so much.?????

Maxine, you were talking about glue the other day. I, for one, HATE that stuff!!! I use it at times and even use the glue sticks like you, Maggie, but no matter how careful I am, I seem to get it everywhere! And yes, it dries clear just like it's suppose to - but then leaves a shiny spot there. Hate it!!

Hope everyone is ready for another week..............

Lynn
Old 10-14-2012, 06:27 PM   #2828
Pearl-ExPert

I comment moderate and generally catch it - sometimes it is already in the spam box.

Missed the excitement this afternoon - we had a 5.2 quake only 15 kms away from us, but it was so deep that no locals felt it, but folks as far away as Weelington (bottom of the North Is) felt it!!

Stamping is off for me this week with family being here - but loving it. Have go most of the computer issues sorted now - a few to be ironed out next weekend. Phew - it's been quite a saga!!
Old 10-14-2012, 07:46 PM   #2829
Pearl-ExPert

Maxine - YIKES!!! An earthquake - that's scary!!

Have FUN with your family being there! Good that you're getting some of the computer problems solved!

Lynn
Old 10-15-2012, 03:07 AM   #2830
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts.

So glad that earthquake wasn't near you Maxine. My oldest DD lives in CA and they are always having earthquakes. I've even heard recently about an earthquake here in Texas! They make me nervous. Have fun with your family there and great news that you've almost got the computer back to normal.

Safe travels Shelly. I hope your mom's going to be okay. I'll be keeping you guys in my prayers. I was wondering how your meet up went with your friend from The Netherlands. How exciting. Sounds like they are a fun bunch and such great ideas. I"m really wanting to do a SMASH book but just haven't had the time. One of these days.

Lynn, sorry you had to miss your brother's birthday bash, but sounds like you had a nice quiet day there.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-15-2012, 05:16 PM   #2831
Stazon Splitcoast

Good evening!!

I'm sorry to check in so late -- loooooooong day, super busy weekend! But had to at least say hi!!

Wishing you all hugs and happy stampin and I'm heading straight to bed!
Old 10-15-2012, 06:02 PM   #2832
Gabfest Goddess

Evening Fellow Addicts!!

Can you guess what I actuall did last weekend? Can you? And then can you imagine what I did today? Hmmm???

I'll give you a hint or 2:

1. they're long overdue.
2. I sent some packages out to Canada and New Zealand.
US gals, you're just gonna have to wait a week until I send yours out. (to give our overseas addicts a head start)
3. it was so much fun making them - a learning experience for me and {gasp} one that I could master! LOL

ALERT: if you use a knife to slice open the package, be careful of the contents!! It's an exact fit so you may cut into the surprise!

Old 10-15-2012, 06:04 PM   #2833
Gabfest Goddess

Forgive my manners:
Shelly, my prayers continue for you and your mother. Safe journey for you. keep us updated when you can, OK? Hugs!

Old 10-15-2012, 06:31 PM   #2834
Pearl-ExPert

Can't wait to see what you did Darlene! I'm sure we'll all love the package!

Ok, ladies.......here's the deal........I woke up at around 3:30 this morning and thought of a WONDERFUL discussion of the week!!!! YES!!!! I laid there and keep thinking about it and decided I'd better get up and write it down so I didn't forget! Well, I closed my eyes and went fast asleep. This morning I got up and ........ yeah, you know the rest......Could not for the life of me remember what I'd thought about!!!!!!!!! EEK!!!!!
So, no discussion of the week unless I get another light bulb moment (just hope it doesn't come at 3:30 a.m. again!!!!!
This just tells me I need to "get a life" and quit thinking about all this card stuff so much! LOL!

Lynn
Old 10-16-2012, 02:40 AM   #2835
Gabfest Goddess

Morning Addicts!
Maxine: Enjoy your family's visit. Hopefully DH is healthier now and can enjoy their time with you too.

I turned comment moderation off. The spam always ends up in my "Awaiting Moderation" or "Spam" folder and I just delete it.

I noticed that those type-in-the-secret-word thingies have gotten a lot harder for me to get right when I go to comment on someone's blog. Must be my eyesight (really need new lenses but am putting it off, it's so expensive) Anyway, it ticked me off so badly one day that (lightbulb) I disabled it on my blog. Found out that I dont really get that much spam anyway.

But then again, I don't have very many followers, so my practically unknown little blog is much different than some of yours where you have scads of followers and loads of traffic.

Old 10-16-2012, 02:44 AM   #2836
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Ok, ladies.......here's the deal........I woke up at around 3:30 this morning and thought of a WONDERFUL discussion of the week!!!! YES!!!! I laid there and keep thinking about it and decided I'd better get up and write it down so I didn't forget! Well, I closed my eyes and went fast asleep. This morning I got up and ........ yeah, you know the rest......Could not for the life of me remember what I'd thought about!!!!!!!!! EEK!!!!!
So, no discussion of the week unless I get another light bulb moment (just hope it doesn't come at 3:30 a.m. again!!!!!
This just tells me I need to "get a life" and quit thinking about all this card stuff so much! LOL!
Lynn

That's so me. Last week or the week before I had a DOTW for us, now...Poof! Gone. Maybe we'll think of ours at the same time and then we'll have one lined up for the following week, LOL.

Old 10-16-2012, 04:29 AM   #2837

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!!!

Old 10-16-2012, 05:25 AM   #2838
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Evening Fellow Addicts!!

Can you guess what I actuall did last weekend? Can you? And then can you imagine what I did today? Hmmm???

I'll give you a hint or 2:

1. they're long overdue.
2. I sent some packages out to Canada and New Zealand.
US gals, you're just gonna have to wait a week until I send yours out. (to give our overseas addicts a head start)
3. it was so much fun making them - a learning experience for me and {gasp} one that I could master! LOL

ALERT: if you use a knife to slice open the package, be careful of the contents!! It's an exact fit so you may cut into the surprise!
WOO HOO! Can't wait to see the surprise! Thanks so much Darlene. You're so sweet.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-16-2012, 05:25 AM   #2839
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Lynn
Ooops! Senior Moment!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-16-2012, 05:26 AM   #2840
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Morning Addicts!
Maxine: Enjoy your family's visit. Hopefully DH is healthier now and can enjoy their time with you too.

I turned comment moderation off. The spam always ends up in my "Awaiting Moderation" or "Spam" folder and I just delete it.

I noticed that those type-in-the-secret-word thingies have gotten a lot harder for me to get right when I go to comment on someone's blog. Must be my eyesight (really need new lenses but am putting it off, it's so expensive) Anyway, it ticked me off so badly one day that (lightbulb) I disabled it on my blog. Found out that I dont really get that much spam anyway.

But then again, I don't have very many followers, so my practically unknown little blog is much different than some of yours where you have scads of followers and loads of traffic.
The ones I really hate are the verifications with numbers. Some of them are so blurry, even with good eyes you can't tell what it's supposed to be.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts