Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 03:47 AM   #2761
Gabfest Goddess

Today I circle back to the little prizes that are long overdue for our eyelet challenge! Thanks for your patience with me. Even I can't believe how quickly time has passed and that it's been so long. Ugh.

Made a set of cards for a swap on SCS yesterday, playing music from some of my favorite pianists all the while. Bijou supervised from either my shoulder or up on my lamp. He likes music also. It was a good day, a day to recharge after such a long week.

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-07-2012, 07:27 AM   #2762
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
GOOD MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, yesterday Jim and I cut huge dead limbs off a tree in the front. loaded them, and then hauled it off......I'm so sore I can hardly move! MUCH too old for that sort of stuff.
This morning, we're loading up a truck load of junk that needs to go to the landfill.......another long day it seems! Hopefully this afternoon I'll be able to get in my laundry room and clean up the craft table. No stamping until that's finished!!!

Will check back in later.

Lynn
Are you all cleaned up now?????

I have to do some work in my closet and get the summery things put away and get the Fall clothes out. Our temps are down today, chilly, and windy outside.

I worked in my stamp room yesterday and will again today. Got a card done and one almost done.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 10-07-2012, 07:31 AM   #2763
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcardmaking View Post
Hello to my fellow Addicts!! How is everyone?

Maggie, sounds like you had a productive day off, good thinking to take one every now & then.

What a grueling week at work this was. Glad that it's over and I should have more time for a life - and being here on SCS! I miss everyone when work swallows me whole, LOL

I've been thinking of starting back up the TAT challenge, what do you all think? I have an idea, not a hard one. Maybe we can start off with that. Let me know if you're game! (for any new addicts, TAT is "Try a Technique". We usually give ourselves about a month to post a card with the technique if agreeing to participate in that month. no pressure, just a fun nudge)
I do need a day off every so often. I can never be one of those people that has "perfect attendance." It gets to me sometimes. I am still looking forward to retirement, but when I think the time is right. I heard from a friend of mine at work that our OM was talking to someone else wondering when I was going to retire from work because there is a girl that lost 2 of the 3 people she worked for - one was our old OM and the other an attorney. She only has 1 attorney now and he doesn't do much work. What do you think about that? I'm not even gone yet and they're planning on who my replacement will be. Well, she's going to have to wait awhile longer, because the earliest will be December 2014. Then it will depend on the financial situation of me and the country and whether I can have a part time job somewhere that I'll enjoy doing.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-07-2012, 07:32 AM   #2764
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Hello to my fellow Addicts!! How is everyone?

What a grueling week at work this was. Glad that it's over and I should have more time for a life - and being here on SCS! I miss everyone when work swallows me whole, LOL

I've been thinking of starting back up the TAT challenge, what do you all think? I have an idea, not a hard one. Maybe we can start off with that. Let me know if you're game! (for any new addicts, TAT is "Try a Technique". We usually give ourselves about a month to post a card with the technique if agreeing to participate in that month. no pressure, just a fun nudge)
Glad that your grueling week is done. I hope that doesn't happen too often.

TAT challenge sounds good. I think I"m so far behind on the previous ones.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-07-2012, 07:37 AM   #2765
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
That challenge sounds great Darlene.

Thank you all for the prayers - DH is doing well, albeit some of the improvement is actually due to prednisone - but the antibiotics are also kicking in too.

I have managed one card for WCMD, which I made today - I have just blogged it At least I got it done after church and mowing the lawns before the rain comes - again!!

Hope you have all had/are having a great weekend and have managed some craft time in it all.
I hate having to take that Prednisone. It's what has put on all this weight that I can't get off and it's been years since I've taken that stuff. I'll never do that again.

Love the card you made.

It's a big chilly here today and overcast, but no rain. Temps are down to the low 50's. At least I don't have to put the furnace on.

I did work on cards yesterday and planning to do some more today. These are all for my DT's. For those interested, Perfect Sentiment is having a 4 day blog hop starting next Wednesday. There will be cards posted on the individual blogs each day. Besides the prizes being given away by PSC, I'm also giving away a few prizes myself. I have 2 things that I'm celebrating which I'll mention on my blog on Wednesday.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-07-2012, 07:39 AM   #2766
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Today I circle back to the little prizes that are long overdue for our eyelet challenge! Thanks for your patience with me. Even I can't believe how quickly time has passed and that it's been so long. Ugh.

Made a set of cards for a swap on SCS yesterday, playing music from some of my favorite pianists all the while. Bijou supervised from either my shoulder or up on my lamp. He likes music also. It was a good day, a day to recharge after such a long week.
Darlene, you are so sweet. I can't believe you are still concerned about those eyelet prizes.

I think sometimes Maggie Mae would like to sit on my shoulder when I'm working, but that's not a good thing.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-07-2012, 08:00 AM   #2767
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Darlene, you are so sweet. I can't believe you are still concerned about those eyelet prizes.

I think sometimes Maggie Mae would like to sit on my shoulder when I'm working, but that's not a good thing.
...Giggling here...! It would be a bit awkward, wouldn't it?!

RE: Retirement. Mine is 3-4 years out and we have already begun some of the preliminary planning with our Board. But that's just good governance considering where I work and all.

I'm with you on the timing and various issues surrounding the change. I sincerely hope to find a less-demanding job that provides enough income for us until I start to draw on my retirement funds. We should have the house all paid off by then so that gives us some flexibility.

Old 10-07-2012, 03:15 PM   #2768
Pearl-ExPert

Hi everyone!! Finally checking back in here. I got some commenting done on blogs this morning and got back in the laundry room this afternoon. I only got one card made but that was really an accomplishment for me! I just can not for the life of me make a quick card! Even my very clean and simple ones seem to take forever!

Yes, we got everything done (at least all we were going to do this weekend) and everything looks much better. It's awful how two people get so much junk stacked up around here - well..........I say it's mostly Jim that collects so much junk!!! LOL! (How's that for putting the blame somewhere else!!!)

Darlene, what ever you want to do about the TAT and all that is fine. As they say in football......you make the call! Glad you had some time to yourself this weekend.

I know you and Maggie are looking forward to retirement and all. I retired EARLY and actually am glad I did - except for the extra money of course. I was having to work three different counties and found myself coming to the main highway each morning and not remembering where I was suppose to go that day. I really think I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown...........went fishing one weekend, came to work on Monday, and said I'm outta here the end of the following month! It was what I think I HAD to do to save my sanity. That, plus all the probationers were getting younger and I was just getting older and it was getting hard to relate well with them. Probably the tip of the ice burg was when I had this one young man on probation and for the life of me I could not get him to talk. He'd answer a direct question and that was it. One day he came in and I was so frustrated that day and just blurted out - What do you want to do with your life..........He looked at me, his eyes lit up, got a big smile and said he wanted to be a rap star..............YIKES! I couldn't shut him up after that! All he talked about was rap music.........and trust me, this old lady here does NOT know RAP!!! LOL

I'm hoping to have a little craft time this week.........not tomorrow though as laundry will take over for crafting back there! LOL!

Lynn
Old 10-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #2769
Forum Fanatic

Default Hello

I am studying my Chinese-needed a break : ) We went out to dinner with friends last night and again today.... No cooking or dishes : )

I made 10 ATC's yesterday- at the last minute, and had an exchange at 3:30- just made it to the Swap. It was a fun time- what a great group of ladies. Like us- we are all different but with like interests- and I love the inspiration!
A few of the ladies are soooo talented in whatever they do, and are very willing to share their talents. Love this group!

Glad to hear you had a good trip Darlene. I am with Maggie- it is so nice of you - but don't make yourself crazy! I love challenges- I still have not done all of the CASE challenges- techniques are easier for me.

I will get to blogs later- need to finish this chapter!

Hugs
Shelly
Old 10-08-2012, 03:33 AM   #2770
Gabfest Goddess

Morning!! I think I will take today off. I need it, LOL

Lynn, what a story about the rap star wanna be!! ha ha, had me giggling, you were his new best friend! How you decided to retire early, all of a sudden, sounds exactly like something I would do. I would have done it already, but my hubby is semi-retired (also early) so I'm sorta stuck for a while.

What's on tap for today? I need to do a bit of laundry and vacume, and tend to the bird's cages. Not too many chores though, so should be able to sneak in some crafing time.

Old 10-08-2012, 03:34 AM   #2771
Gabfest Goddess

Shelly, when I look at your work, I am simply amazed. So I count you in as being one of those who are soooo talented in all that you do! Your work knocks my socks off!

Old 10-08-2012, 03:38 AM   #2772
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

We are home from our trip - and I'm trying to play "catch up"... not doing very well in that department. So if I missed something important, please let me know.

Happy Columbus Day! (to the Americans)
and Happy Thanksgiving! (to the Canadians)
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin Twisted Tuesday

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: Camping in the Forest
Old 10-08-2012, 10:15 AM   #2773
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
...Giggling here...! It would be a bit awkward, wouldn't it?!

RE: Retirement. Mine is 3-4 years out and we have already begun some of the preliminary planning with our Board. But that's just good governance considering where I work and all.

I'm with you on the timing and various issues surrounding the change. I sincerely hope to find a less-demanding job that provides enough income for us until I start to draw on my retirement funds. We should have the house all paid off by then so that gives us some flexibility.
Even 3-4 years would be doable in my book although I really would like to by the end of next year.

I really would like to have a job that is fun and that I would be happy to go to every day. I only want to work part time though. I need more time for other stuff. Unfortunately, I'll still have a house note for my house. The mortgage is paid off, but I took out a loan a number of years ago to make some much needed repairs and do some upgrading - like the kitchen. I'll still have that to take care of, but I look at it as rent for an apartment. I may at the time also redo the loan to bring the payments down if the interest is lower or do a reverse mortgage. Still a lot to consider.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-08-2012, 10:22 AM   #2774
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Hi everyone!! Finally checking back in here. I got some commenting done on blogs this morning and got back in the laundry room this afternoon. I only got one card made but that was really an accomplishment for me! I just can not for the life of me make a quick card! Even my very clean and simple ones seem to take forever!

Me either! I was able to spend lots of time in my stamp room, but only got 3 cards made. First having to choose a stamp or a digi, printing out the digis, deciding on what paper/colors to use, finding a layout, coloring the image and then figuring out all the extras I want to add to it. Ack! Takes forever!

Yes, we got everything done (at least all we were going to do this weekend) and everything looks much better. It's awful how two people get so much junk stacked up around here - well..........I say it's mostly Jim that collects so much junk!!! LOL! (How's that for putting the blame somewhere else!!!)

LOL! It's so easy.

Darlene, what ever you want to do about the TAT and all that is fine. As they say in football......you make the call! Glad you had some time to yourself this weekend.

I know you and Maggie are looking forward to retirement and all. I retired EARLY and actually am glad I did - except for the extra money of course. I was having to work three different counties and found myself coming to the main highway each morning and not remembering where I was suppose to go that day. I really think I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown...........went fishing one weekend, came to work on Monday, and said I'm outta here the end of the following month! It was what I think I HAD to do to save my sanity. That, plus all the probationers were getting younger and I was just getting older and it was getting hard to relate well with them. Probably the tip of the ice burg was when I had this one young man on probation and for the life of me I could not get him to talk. He'd answer a direct question and that was it. One day he came in and I was so frustrated that day and just blurted out - What do you want to do with your life..........He looked at me, his eyes lit up, got a big smile and said he wanted to be a rap star..............YIKES! I couldn't shut him up after that! All he talked about was rap music.........and trust me, this old lady here does NOT know RAP!!! LOL

LOL! That is a high stress job and I can see why you would want to take early retirement. Of course, in my case, it's only me here, so I have to make sure there's enough $$ coming in to pay the bills.

I'm hoping to have a little craft time this week.........not tomorrow though as laundry will take over for crafting back there! LOL!

Lynn
I'm glad I was able to get the laundry done over the weekend, but with the cooler weather, it's time to get the long sleeve shirts and tops out. They will have to be washed before I hang them back up again. I do have some things in my spare closet that would normally go to the cleaner. This way they stay unwrinkled so I can just grab something to wear. I still have 2 more cards to make for the PSC blog hop that I am planning to work on tonight although I'll probably only get one done, but I might get lucky.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-08-2012, 10:23 AM   #2775
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
I am studying my Chinese-needed a break : ) We went out to dinner with friends last night and again today.... No cooking or dishes : )

I made 10 ATC's yesterday- at the last minute, and had an exchange at 3:30- just made it to the Swap. It was a fun time- what a great group of ladies. Like us- we are all different but with like interests- and I love the inspiration!
A few of the ladies are soooo talented in whatever they do, and are very willing to share their talents. Love this group!

Glad to hear you had a good trip Darlene. I am with Maggie- it is so nice of you - but don't make yourself crazy! I love challenges- I still have not done all of the CASE challenges- techniques are easier for me.

I will get to blogs later- need to finish this chapter!

Hugs
Shelly
You been busy Shelly.

Say something in Chinese! How are the lessons going?

I can't believe you made 10 ATC's at the last minute! Wow! Glad you had a fun time.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-08-2012, 10:27 AM   #2776
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Morning!! I think I will take today off. I need it, LOL

Lynn, what a story about the rap star wanna be!! ha ha, had me giggling, you were his new best friend! How you decided to retire early, all of a sudden, sounds exactly like something I would do. I would have done it already, but my hubby is semi-retired (also early) so I'm sorta stuck for a while.

What's on tap for today? I need to do a bit of laundry and vacume, and tend to the bird's cages. Not too many chores though, so should be able to sneak in some crafing time.
hahahaha! I can relate to taking the day off! Sometimes you just need to.

Work, work, work!!!!!!! It was kinda funny, but I have a pet peeve and that is my boss coming out to my desk and just opening a drawer and start rooting around in it for something he wants which is usually the white out. It really irks me that he just does this instead of asking me for it when I'm sitting right there. I said that to him today - that I didn't know why he couldn't ask me for something. His reply: You don't like me very much do you. I said, yes I do or I wouldn't be here! Actually I have learned to lock my desk drawers when I leave at night and when I leave to go walk at lunchtime. I have personal stuff in my desk drawers that's none of anyone's business.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-08-2012, 10:28 AM   #2777
Quacker Stamper

Welcome back Jeanette! Glad that you had a fun time.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-08-2012, 02:12 PM   #2778
Pearl-ExPert

Morning girls - a quiet day here, so I may get some crafting done.... I had to take the car in for its Warrent of Fitness (a 6 monthly legal requirement here) and it passed with flying colours.

Maggie be careful with a reverse mortgage - when we were planning retirement we had a seminar to attend, and there were some rather horrific stories told about folk caught in these and going bankrupt, basically the bank owns your house, and they can demand that maintenance be done, and if you have no equity left to draw on you are in the cart .

I have not had to work, although I chose to for some years, and although our home is nothing 'flash', it is ours and mortgage free - and as an underage spouse, we do receive National Superannuation for us both, not just DH. Love this nation of ours.

Shelly I cannot imaging making 10 ATC's at the last moment!! You are amazing!

Good to see you back Jeanette - hope you had a good trip
Old 10-08-2012, 03:17 PM   #2779
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
Morning girls - a quiet day here, so I may get some crafting done.... I had to take the car in for its Warrent of Fitness (a 6 monthly legal requirement here) and it passed with flying colours.

Maggie be careful with a reverse mortgage - when we were planning retirement we had a seminar to attend, and there were some rather horrific stories told about folk caught in these and going bankrupt, basically the bank owns your house, and they can demand that maintenance be done, and if you have no equity left to draw on you are in the cart .

I have not had to work, although I chose to for some years, and although our home is nothing 'flash', it is ours and mortgage free - and as an underage spouse, we do receive National Superannuation for us both, not just DH. Love this nation of ours.

Shelly I cannot imaging making 10 ATC's at the last moment!! You are amazing!

Good to see you back Jeanette - hope you had a good trip
Yes, when and if the time comes, I'll be checking into that very carefully. Basically from what I can see is that it's just another loan on your house . Would have to make sure the % rate isn't high or it's not worth it. They say you don't have to pay it back, but I don't know about that. I've always wanted my house as an inheritance for my children/grandchildren.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-08-2012, 08:05 PM   #2780
Pearl-ExPert

Checking in.............but it's late so won't be chatty!

Yes, Maggie, I'd really research all that about the house before I'd do anything! Can't believe your boss looks in your desk like that! Maybe you need to stick a note in one of the drawers that says.....this is my desk, keep your grubs out of it! LOL! Of course, since he's your boss that may not be a very good idea or you'd find yourself looking for another job!!!

Shelly, I can't even think of something to do that fast! And everything you do is so wonderful. One of these days I guess I'll have to try doing a ATC.

Jeanette, glad you're back from your trip!

Maxine, I'm thinking your Warrant of Fitness for the vehicle is probably like what we call the Inspection Sticker. It's always a good thing when they pass!!! Hope you got some crafting done today and relaxed!

Gotta go get myself to bed around here!

Lynn
Old 10-08-2012, 11:15 PM   #2781
Pearl-ExPert

ah - after a long but unexpected skype chat today, I have got a card completed A great day after all.

Hope you have all had a good sleep while I have been enjoying life.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:17 AM   #2782

Old 10-09-2012, 01:10 PM   #2783
Pearl-ExPert

Morning folks - don't think I will get much done here today - we are heading out to see my brother and his wife for lunch, and that is never a short visit

Morning Jeanette - love your daily large print greetings
Old 10-09-2012, 05:01 PM   #2784

Thank you!

Old 10-09-2012, 05:20 PM   #2785
Pearl-ExPert

Hi everyone............it's been a LONG day today - will check back in the morning!

Lynn
Old 10-10-2012, 05:11 AM   #2786

♪♪♪ Yes, the new color scheme I'm using today means I've opened a new swap.

Hugs for all!!!

Old 10-10-2012, 05:35 AM   #2787
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts!

Jeanette, I really wish I had time for swaps.

I can't believe I didn't get on here yesterday. Busy day at the office and at home. I had another blog post to get on my blog for the first day of our PSC Blog Hop. If I haven't mentioned it, go check out my blog and the Perfect Sentiment Challenge blog for all the news. There are prizes! I'm posting in all 4 days of the challenges so a new blog post for 4 days. Then the participants have 3 weeks to actually play in the challenges. Should be a lot of fun. I have my own prizes on my blog.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-10-2012, 05:40 AM   #2788
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Checking in.............but it's late so won't be chatty!

Yes, Maggie, I'd really research all that about the house before I'd do anything! Can't believe your boss looks in your desk like that! Maybe you need to stick a note in one of the drawers that says.....this is my desk, keep your grubs out of it! LOL! Of course, since he's your boss that may not be a very good idea or you'd find yourself looking for another job!!!

Shelly, I can't even think of something to do that fast! And everything you do is so wonderful. One of these days I guess I'll have to try doing a ATC.

Jeanette, glad you're back from your trip!

Maxine, I'm thinking your Warrant of Fitness for the vehicle is probably like what we call the Inspection Sticker. It's always a good thing when they pass!!! Hope you got some crafting done today and relaxed!

Gotta go get myself to bed around here!

Lynn
LOL! Probably so. Lynn, the attorneys here look at it like everything in the office belongs to them. Makes no difference if it's in your desk or not. I don't think he'd ever take anything of mine out of my desk, but I still don't like the fact that he thinks he can just go in there anytime he wants. He should really have a bottle of white out in his own desk drawer. He did get the message though.

It will be a pleasant 3 days here at the office though. Boss is off to Boston, Mass for 3 days for a International Mediation Conference. Yeah! I've got lots to do though. This is the perfect time to work on filing and getting files closed. It's the drudgery part of my work.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-10-2012, 05:43 AM   #2789
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Good morning!!

Maggie, you missed a day but you are still doing better than me!! I wish I had time for crafting period! Such is the life of The Little Old Lady Who Lived in a Shoe, Had so Many Children She Didn't Know What To Do .. that would be me, ROFL!! We are blessed, tenfold - just puts a big crink in the crafting!

I do have two very special cards to make for this weekend. And one special request - my first "commissioned" card - free, of course, for a good friend who's son is getting his next belt in Karate, too, like my son did. He told his class mommy made him a special Black Belt card (this post ) and I was so embarrassed! But he was proud! My little man!

Blessings to all!!
Old 10-10-2012, 09:06 AM   #2790
Forum Fanatic

Default Hello

Good Morning SA's!

I finally made it to blogs last night! Ni Hao means Hello in Chinese (knee how) it needs the accent marks for tones......

The Chinese class is kicking my behind- really really hard for me to remember all of the words....!

I am off- get to meet a blogging friend in the US from the Netherlands! Wahoo!!!

Shelly
Old 10-10-2012, 04:09 PM   #2791
Pearl-ExPert

Yes, I'M BACK!

Jeanette, you really are going to be staying busy - especially with starting a new swap!

Kelly (the YOUNG woman in the shoe)! Enjoy those kiddos all you can while they're young because they grow up way too fast! Congrats on getting commissioned for a card!

Maggie, I did check out your blog today........sound like fun!

Shelly, get that language down pat and then you can teach all of us!!!! LOL

Not sure WHERE everyone is around here....Any ideas!!!

I didn't do a Discussion of the Week yesterday - it was just a long day for me and didn't even want to think about it. I'll come up with something next week - or if someone else wants to throw something out for a discussion, go for it!

I had to get my eyes examined yesterday (and should get the glasses in next week! YEAH).......But my appointment was at 10:30, left here at 9:00, had to wait until 12:00 to see the doc, left there about 12:30, went to the place to get frames and they were all out to lunch!!!! Waited until 1:30, got the frames picked out (a VERY long story on that one), left there at about 2:00, started home, and we were starving to death! Stopped to eat, pick up the mail, etc.....and finally got home about 4:30!!!!! Whew! Too long a day for this old lady - plus too much waiting on doctors and too much traffic! Not fun at all.

I did get a card made today and hate it! And it seemed to take about 2 hours to complete! I thinking I'm lacking total direction and inspiration right now!

Lynn
Old 10-10-2012, 06:05 PM   #2792
Gabfest Goddess

Hello my Addicted Friends!

Lynn, your day sounds like no fun at all. I hope that you are resting comfortably and that tomorrow is much more fun for you!

Maggie: is the boss' seminar run by MWI (Mediation Works Inc)? They are based out of Boston. My org has hired their Executive Director for training programs for years. He's a great guy, actually lives a few towns away from us. Small world, isn't it?

Shelly, if I tried to learn Chinese it would be with a French accent. I don't think it would work out too well, LOL. Plus, it's one of the most difficult languages in the world. I admire you for studying it. Hope you had fun with your blogging friend!

Maxine, hope that hubby continues to improve, it must be hard on both of you when he gets so sick like that.

Calling it a night here. Wishing everyone a good evening.

Old 10-11-2012, 04:49 AM   #2793

Old 10-11-2012, 05:49 AM   #2794
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
Good morning!!

Maggie, you missed a day but you are still doing better than me!! I wish I had time for crafting period! Such is the life of The Little Old Lady Who Lived in a Shoe, Had so Many Children She Didn't Know What To Do .. that would be me, ROFL!! We are blessed, tenfold - just puts a big crink in the crafting!

I do have two very special cards to make for this weekend. And one special request - my first "commissioned" card - free, of course, for a good friend who's son is getting his next belt in Karate, too, like my son did. He told his class mommy made him a special Black Belt card (this post ) and I was so embarrassed! But he was proud! My little man!

Blessings to all!!
That's nice that your friend requested you to do a card for her son even if she's not paying you for it. Sometimes it's nice to do something for someone without it costing them anything. That is a special time as you well know.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-11-2012, 05:51 AM   #2795
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
Good Morning SA's!

I finally made it to blogs last night! Ni Hao means Hello in Chinese (knee how) it needs the accent marks for tones......

The Chinese class is kicking my behind- really really hard for me to remember all of the words....!

I am off- get to meet a blogging friend in the US from the Netherlands! Wahoo!!!

Shelly
Ni Hao Stamp Addicts! I've heard that Chinese is one of the harder languages to learn since there are so many dialects. Good luck with it.

How did your meeting go with your friend? Did you just meet for lunch or something or did you have some play time?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-11-2012, 05:54 AM   #2796
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Yes, I'M BACK!

Maggie, I did check out your blog today........sound like fun!

Not sure WHERE everyone is around here....Any ideas!!!

I didn't do a Discussion of the Week yesterday - it was just a long day for me and didn't even want to think about it. I'll come up with something next week - or if someone else wants to throw something out for a discussion, go for it!

I had to get my eyes examined yesterday (and should get the glasses in next week! YEAH).......But my appointment was at 10:30, left here at 9:00, had to wait until 12:00 to see the doc, left there about 12:30, went to the place to get frames and they were all out to lunch!!!! Waited until 1:30, got the frames picked out (a VERY long story on that one), left there at about 2:00, started home, and we were starving to death! Stopped to eat, pick up the mail, etc.....and finally got home about 4:30!!!!! Whew! Too long a day for this old lady - plus too much waiting on doctors and too much traffic! Not fun at all.

I did get a card made today and hate it! And it seemed to take about 2 hours to complete! I thinking I'm lacking total direction and inspiration right now!

Lynn
Hi Lynn! Hope you come play with us in the challenges. Plenty of time - still 2 1/2 weeks.

That is a long day. Sounds like you have far to travel to the doctor. I hate it when they take so long. Why can't they schedule their appointments better.

Sorry about your card. What are you trying to accomplish with it?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-11-2012, 05:57 AM   #2797
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Hello my Addicted Friends!

Lynn, your day sounds like no fun at all. I hope that you are resting comfortably and that tomorrow is much more fun for you!

Maggie: is the boss' seminar run by MWI (Mediation Works Inc)? They are based out of Boston. My org has hired their Executive Director for training programs for years. He's a great guy, actually lives a few towns away from us. Small world, isn't it?

Shelly, if I tried to learn Chinese it would be with a French accent. I don't think it would work out too well, LOL. Plus, it's one of the most difficult languages in the world. I admire you for studying it. Hope you had fun with your blogging friend!

Maxine, hope that hubby continues to improve, it must be hard on both of you when he gets so sick like that.

Calling it a night here. Wishing everyone a good evening.
No. He is a founding member of the International Academy of Mediators. They come from all over the world and they have their meetings in various places around the world. The Executive Director of IAM lives in Canada. In two weeks he goes back to New York for another seminar for the College of Commercial Arbitrators. His wife goes with him on this one, mixing business and pleasure.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-11-2012, 05:09 PM   #2798
Pearl-ExPert

Yes, Maggie, I'm going to try to play in the challenge! And.....all our doctors except the primary physician are in San Antonio - and usually on the other side of town. It just takes forever to get to any of them over there! Guess that's the price I have to pay for living in the "boonies"! LOL! I'm not real sure what I was trying to do with the card - but dismantled it all this morning - had some things I had to do - then this afternoon, finally got it finished! I know it must have taken at least an hour to get a good picture of it. It was so windy and kept blowing away, then I get it photographed, came and put it on the computer and realized I had one of the panels crooked! I swear they should have named me the crooked stamper! LOL! Anyway, did a couple of things different and will have it posted in the morning. It's so stinking CAS it hurts - but it's done. I HATE struggling with something like that. Usually if I walk away from it, I can come back and do better.....but that just was not happening yesterday. Sigh!!!!!

Hope everyone has a good evening. I get to go play cowboy again tomorrow (I already know it's going to be another long day - but don't have to leave until about 11:00 - so will try to check in then.

Lynn
Old 10-11-2012, 05:28 PM   #2799
Gabfest Goddess

Lynn, I have already claimed the title of crooked cardmaker, just so you know. I tell everyone that they know it's handmade by me if it's a little off kilter. Mostly they tell me I've been off kilter for years LOL. Dont work too hard, OK? I'm already doing that for all of us.

Cheers all - tomorrow is Friday!!!!!!!

Old 10-11-2012, 05:32 PM   #2800
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
No. He is a founding member of the International Academy of Mediators . They come from all over the world and they have their meetings in various places around the world. The Executive Director of IAM lives in Canada. In two weeks he goes back to New York for another seminar for the College of Commercial Arbitrators. His wife goes with him on this one, mixing business and pleasure.
Well...ahem...as a mediator of such high standing, you'd think he'd be more astute about rummaging through someone's desk while they're sitting there instead of just ASKING THEM. just sayin'.

Aren't mediators supposed to be trained in seeing things from another's perspective? hmpf.