Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2012, 10:35 AM   #2161
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
Just a heads up for those of you unmounting your Su sets and want some cases to put the stamps in. Read this thread here:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...t557720-2.html

The original poster ordered some cases from Amazon and today posted pics of what they look like and gave a comparison with the SU DVD cases.
Those are pretty cool. I need to look into that, but not sure I want 100 cases.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-30-2012, 10:37 AM   #2162
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
Good afternoon!!

We are home 1. from dh and my alone away for the first time in 17 years away trip! We got home yesterday evening and let me tell you, we missed our babies! We have been parents too long, lol ...... but it was SOOOOOO NICE! He pretty much recreated our Hawaiian Honeymoon!! It was glorious! Beautiful! Romantic! It was hard to come home, alas, the babies needed us

And speaking of babies, I'm home again #2 - dd17 had her 4 wisdom teeth removed and it went flawless. I wasn't even a bit worried. She was in an out in under 40 minutes. She's sleeping it off now but so far, textbook great! Little man went off to a week of Karate camp (daily, from 9-3 pm) so time to pick him up soon.

Have to mega catch up in here!!!! I did see the eyelet challenge - oh boy, will that be a challenge indeed! That's the one embellishment I never use, lol. Love me my Crop-a-dile though! I LOVE a good challenge!! So this will be fun once I get back in the crafting groove!!

**Blessings to all! Have missed you!**
Welcome home again Kelly! Sounds like you and DH had a fabulous time and he really treated you royally!

So glad that surgery went okay for DD17. Hope that heals up quickly.

Hope your little man has a fun time at Karate camp.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-30-2012, 12:34 PM   #2163
Die Cut Diva

Maxine, hope all is ok with your husband! Yes to be superwoman would really be great at times! LOL

Kelly, glad you made it home and had such a great time. Also glad your daughters surgery went well........

Maggie, if you want to come do MY laundry now, that'd be just great! LOL! Actually, that's what I'm doing right now - that and popping in every few minutes to watch the Olympics.

Paige, I'll have to check out those cases........still plugging along on mine.

DISCUSSION OF THE WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Easy (?) one for this week --------- What's your favorite technique and why?

Lynn
Old 07-30-2012, 01:28 PM   #2164
Rubber Obsessor

Hi All,
Hot here in SK today and it's been hot and dry for a few weeks now. We need a good rain to help the crops through and cool everything off.
Yes Maxine, I echo what Lynn said... I hope everything is ok with the hubs.
Maggie is doing laundry?? Great... add me to the list then too! Except I need laundry, cooking, vacuuming, dishes, blah, blah, blah!
Are you gals getting a big quantity of those cases? I wouldn't need 100 because I bought over 80 from that lady on SCS but I've used them all (yikes... and sad at the same time) but I would like some more because I want to put my nesties in them. I did up my Whimsy dies on the weekend and got them all in two cases and what a relief and how nice to open a case instead of sorting through all those little paper pouches. I have more dies like Memory Box, Whiff of Joy, etc that I want to do as well.
If you gals are getting some and don't need them all, anyone want to split an order? I'll pay for whatever cases you don't want and of course the shipping costs to Canada - I thought Amazon shipped for free if you spent a certain amount but if they don't, I would pay a share of that too.
Favorite technique - I don't know if I have one really, although I do use that sponging the clouds in technique all the time so if it counts, I guess that would be mine. I also like the emboss resist... so pretty.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:13 PM   #2165
Quacker Stamper

Rumors of Maggie doing laundry are greatly exaggerated! LOL! I barely got my own done this weekend.

Favorite technique - Hmmmm. . . . I don't think I have a technique, but I do like to do distressing of different kinds.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-30-2012, 03:16 PM   #2166
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscheller View Post
Hi All,
Hot here in SK today and it's been hot and dry for a few weeks now. We need a good rain to help the crops through and cool everything off.
Yes Maxine, I echo what Lynn said... I hope everything is ok with the hubs.
Maggie is doing laundry?? Great... add me to the list then too! Except I need laundry, cooking, vacuuming, dishes, blah, blah, blah!
Are you gals getting a big quantity of those cases? I wouldn't need 100 because I bought over 80 from that lady on SCS but I've used them all (yikes... and sad at the same time) but I would like some more because I want to put my nesties in them. I did up my Whimsy dies on the weekend and got them all in two cases and what a relief and how nice to open a case instead of sorting through all those little paper pouches. I have more dies like Memory Box, Whiff of Joy, etc that I want to do as well.
If you gals are getting some and don't need them all, anyone want to split an order? I'll pay for whatever cases you don't want and of course the shipping costs to Canada - I thought Amazon shipped for free if you spent a certain amount but if they don't, I would pay a share of that too.
Favorite technique - I don't know if I have one really, although I do use that sponging the clouds in technique all the time so if it counts, I guess that would be mine. I also like the emboss resist... so pretty.
I'm on the fence about getting some of the DVD cases. If I do order some, I will let you know Marilyn and be glad to share some with you. I wouldn't need that many unless I was going to unmount my SU stamps, and I don't plan to do that. How many would you want if I ordered some?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-30-2012, 09:51 PM   #2167
Pearl-ExPert

I am home too - the DGD had a sore throat and DGS sore ears - he is remarkable and you could get him to smile almost all the time!!

Got home (after leaving some 6 hours before the original plan) and DH said he felt a bit better, so there was no way I could get him to the local hospital. Oh he is a character builder!

Hopefully I can dig out some eyelets tomorrow and make a card - all being well.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:55 PM   #2168
Pearl-ExPert

Favourite technique....... hmmm - possibly heat embossing, but I do love papercrafting as a whole, so really that is not an easy question!!
Old 07-31-2012, 03:13 AM   #2169
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
I am home too - the DGD had a sore throat and DGS sore ears - he is remarkable and you could get him to smile almost all the time!!

Got home (after leaving some 6 hours before the original plan) and DH said he felt a bit better, so there was no way I could get him to the local hospital. Oh he is a character builder!

Hopefully I can dig out some eyelets tomorrow and make a card - all being well.
Welcome home Maxine. Hope the little ones feel better soon and that DH really is better. Men can be such babies about going to the doctors.

You do have the month of August to get that eyelet card done.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-31-2012, 03:13 AM   #2170
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-31-2012, 06:28 AM   #2171
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Good morning!

Maxine, your picture was oh so precious! I'm sorry that the gds aren't feeling so well ~ that's always one to pull on your heart strings.

I'm making my way 'round the blogs again! It's hard being away and getting back into the swing of things - three times! This has been our busiest summer yet!

Lynn, my favorite technique would probably have to be the brayer I love it, I love doing it, I just can't do it right! I can't tell you how many cardstocks I've wasted and how much time I've wittled away trying to "bray", lol!! But it's fun!
Old 07-31-2012, 10:30 AM   #2172
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
Good morning!

Maxine, your picture was oh so precious! I'm sorry that the gds aren't feeling so well ~ that's always one to pull on your heart strings.

I'm making my way 'round the blogs again! It's hard being away and getting back into the swing of things - three times! This has been our busiest summer yet!

Lynn, my favorite technique would probably have to be the brayer I love it, I love doing it, I just can't do it right! I can't tell you how many cardstocks I've wasted and how much time I've wittled away trying to "bray", lol!! But it's fun!
Kelly, do you follow this blog?

Pretty Peacock – Tutorial #525

This lady has got to be the Guru of the Brayer. She does fabulous work. I'd love to take a class from her, but she's also rather pricey.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-31-2012, 05:14 PM   #2173
Gabfest Goddess

Hello, hello!
Maxine, I sure hope that your hubby is improving. Sorry that your GKs were not feeling so great. That must have put a damper on your visit for sure.

Kelly, hooray for your little get away with your sweetie! LOL about missing the kids - isn't that always how it goes?

Maggie, you are always such a bright spot here, love how you spread sunshine!

Marilyn, storing your dies in those cases is a terrific idea. Maybe I'll do that too. But I would not need very many cases, I'm not planning to un mount my wood blocks any time soon.

Paige, how's the mojo search? Hope your creative juices are running once again.

Lynn, i wonder if I would ever get any card making done if I was a laundry stamper! The only thing I avoid more than laundry is ironing. Ironing is against my religion!

I know that I must have missed greeting some here - maybe everyone's away for summer trips. I know that Jeanette, Paola and Shelly are...
Wishing all of you a good nighgt!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 07-31-2012, 05:17 PM   #2174
Gabfest Goddess

oh, my favorite techniqe has to be heat embossing. I just love it.

Kelly, I so admire those who create wonderful backgrounds with a brayer. I hate to think of how much CS I've wasted. A girl could just cry!

Old 07-31-2012, 05:18 PM   #2175
Gabfest Goddess

Lynn: I'll be in your home state next week for a conference. Hmmmm, Dallas in August. Will it be so hot that we're overly air conditioned and freezing in the meeting rooms? LOL

Old 07-31-2012, 05:20 PM   #2176
Pearl-ExPert

I made a couple of cards yesterday, but am thinking they are not blog worthy. They looked better in my hand then they did on camera! May have to tweak them or start over.

Does that happen to anyone else? You make a card and think it looks pretty good until you take a pic of it and then think it doesn't look right - I'm not talking photography skills, but just that the card doesn't work after all. Boy, this happens to me quite often, sad to say!

Old 07-31-2012, 05:24 PM   #2177
Gabfest Goddess

Paige, what usually happens to me is that I get going in a direction, then at some point, I just don't like how it's going to turn out. Then I get stuck. I hate it when that happens.

Old 07-31-2012, 05:35 PM   #2178
Pearl-ExPert

That happens to me as well. Very frustrating. I just tossed out a pile of card parts that never made it to a final product. Was tired of moving them from one pile to another.

I do have a cute project going on my blog tomorrow for our eyelet challenge.

Old 07-31-2012, 06:53 PM   #2179
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcardmaking View Post
Lynn: I'll be in your home state next week for a conference. Hmmmm, Dallas in August. Will it be so hot that we're overly air conditioned and freezing in the meeting rooms? LOL
Probably! LOL! August is our hottest month of the year and North Texas has been hotter than down here in H Town. We've only been in the low to mid 90's.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-31-2012, 06:55 PM   #2180
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I made a couple of cards yesterday, but am thinking they are not blog worthy. They looked better in my hand then they did on camera! May have to tweak them or start over.

Does that happen to anyone else? You make a card and think it looks pretty good until you take a pic of it and then think it doesn't look right - I'm not talking photography skills, but just that the card doesn't work after all. Boy, this happens to me quite often, sad to say!
I do much better when I can pick out my own stuff. I made 2 cards over the weekend from kits that I got through the Monthly Challenge group I'm in and I'm supposed to use the stuff that they send me which I try to do for the most part, but they are very CAS cards, and I'm not so good at those. I'm not planning to put them on my blog yet until I need a CAS card for something. They are okay, but just not really my style anymore.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-31-2012, 06:56 PM   #2181
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
That happens to me as well. Very frustrating. I just tossed out a pile of card parts that never made it to a final product. Was tired of moving them from one pile to another.

I do have a cute project going on my blog tomorrow for our eyelet challenge.
Can't wait to see it.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-31-2012, 07:17 PM   #2182
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks everyone - the Grandies are on the mend, and DH is currently sort of ok - he has a chronic, irreversible condition thanks to the demon cigarettes and his health can fluctuate wildly - I have a suspicion some of it is also mind generated if there is any change in routine etc., which is really frustrating.

Crafting - what is that - have been to the gym for my weekly workout, been for a walk, gardened, done laundry and just got to the computer - maybe tomorrow, as I have bought home a stack of clothes to alter for the grands - elastic loosened for the little fellow, and tightened for the wee lady - aged 2 and I have to tighten elastic in size 1 trou!! She really is petite.

Some, in fact most of my cards take on a life of their own - I have something in mind, and by the time I finish it is totally different... I can't afford to toss stuff, so either it goes in my scrap/recycle pile and/or I pull it to pieces as best I can and start afresh ...
Old 07-31-2012, 09:07 PM   #2183
Forum Fanatic

Default Greetings

Dropping in to say hi! Whew- a fast paced few days! The party was fun- I had WAY too much food...... We took some to Ky with us and ate Portillo's beef sandwich's all weekend......we had Chinese- all gone and also Subway sandwich's too..... Ray got a keg of beer and the kids had some vodka.... We invited kids and adults- my family had 2 sisters, a brother and my Aunt.
Ray's family did not show- his eldest brother Joe was just dx with Small cell lung cancer last week......which is not such good news. He is 60 and fairly healthy otherwise....but has smoked for 40+ years. His PET scan is tomorrow.

We headed to Ky after taking Katie to the airport on Sunday and came home last night. I was spent today- but went to a school fair regarding getting a Master's in Nursing, and got an allergy shot. We also went and saw Batman tonight.

Tomorrow, the cleaning ladies are coming.....I have alot to do- Katie left her room a bit of a mess......

You guys have been chatty! I am always chatty....hehehe

I have to say I LOVE techniques- I do not have a favorite- just whatever is in the latest TJ newsletter.....Oh and a new one just arrived- rubbing my palms together! Yippee!

Shelly
Old 08-01-2012, 05:54 AM   #2184
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
Dropping in to say hi! Whew- a fast paced few days! The party was fun- I had WAY too much food...... We took some to Ky with us and ate Portillo's beef sandwich's all weekend......we had Chinese- all gone and also Subway sandwich's too..... Ray got a keg of beer and the kids had some vodka.... We invited kids and adults- my family had 2 sisters, a brother and my Aunt.
Ray's family did not show- his eldest brother Joe was just dx with Small cell lung cancer last week......which is not such good news. He is 60 and fairly healthy otherwise....but has smoked for 40+ years. His PET scan is tomorrow.

We headed to Ky after taking Katie to the airport on Sunday and came home last night. I was spent today- but went to a school fair regarding getting a Master's in Nursing, and got an allergy shot. We also went and saw Batman tonight.

Tomorrow, the cleaning ladies are coming.....I have alot to do- Katie left her room a bit of a mess......

You guys have been chatty! I am always chatty....hehehe

I have to say I LOVE techniques- I do not have a favorite- just whatever is in the latest TJ newsletter.....Oh and a new one just arrived- rubbing my palms together! Yippee!

Shelly
What a whirlwind weekend. Sounds like boatloads of fun though. So sorry for DH's brother's diagnosis. Hope that he will be able to kick it. So is he quitting smoking????? So many people even when diagnosed with life-threatening illnesses still continue to smoke. They are just so addicted.

I just got my Newletter yesterday also, but haven't had a chance to go through it yet. Took me most of the evening to get my blog post up.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-01-2012, 05:56 AM   #2185
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts!

My right wrist is still bothering me. I was hoping it would clear up by today. If it doesn't in a few days I'll go to the doctor and have him give me a cortizone shot for it.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-01-2012, 07:00 AM   #2186
Stazon Splitcoast

GOOD MORNING!

Shelly, you are never home like me, lol! It sounds like you have a lot going on - prayers for brother Joe and family! My father had small cell carcinoma, too I hope the tx will bring him into remission - thoughts and prayers!

Happy day, everyone!
Old 08-01-2012, 08:24 AM   #2187
Die Cut Diva

Whew! I didn't check in yesterday and don't know if I can catch up on all the comments, etc............

First of all, for the Discussion of the Week...........I guess at least one of favorite techniques is dry embossing. I LOVE all the embossing folders and want them all!!! (Wouldn't THAT be nice!) I need to get a little more creative with the embossing like maybe just doing parts of the card, etc. but I'm thinking I'm too lazy to deal with all that! LOL

Paige - I thought that was just me that made a card that I thought was smashing, and to take a pic of it and have it look horrid! Weird I know. I think every time I make something now I say a silent little prayer that maybe, just maybe it'll look better in the photo! LOL

Darlene - Ah, Dallas!!! Hope you have fun there - but be warned - IT IS HOT!!! My son lives there and I talked to him Sunday - he said it was suppose to be 105 there that day with a heat index of 110!!! I think they've had several days of that already. We only got up to 102 yesterday - too hot to handle for sure! We just try to do every thing in the morning - like errands, etc....too hot in the afternoon to get out much.

Thursday and Friday last week I helped Jim cut and haul a bunch of tree limbs and thought I'd die from the heat. On Thursday, we worked until about 4:00 pm. and I was starting to feel sick from the heat so we came in. On Friday we quit at noon and that was a little better. Too hard work for this old lady! LOL

Shelly, glad you had a good weekend! Sounds like fun - and glad your daughter got off ok.

Maggie, hope that wrist is feeling better!

Kelly and Maxine - loved the pics y'all posted on your blogs! Cute grandkiddos and Kelly, you and hubby, are so cute!

Marilyn, I'm going to pass on the DVD cases for right now anyway. I still have so many empty ones to fill. I bought a bunch from SU during the last year - just a few at a time - since I knew I was going to unmount them.

Don't know what's going with Indah......haven't heard from her ----- and also Paola - although she may be camping.

Hope everyone is having a good day. I had a doctor appointment yesterday in San Antonio and those turn into all day affairs - and then I HAD to watch the Olympics. I'm pretty well addicted to them and always have been.

Lynn
Old 08-01-2012, 08:57 AM   #2188
Forum Fanatic

Default Wednesday

I am cleaning and posting.....sneezing from stirring up dust.....

I added eyelets to my card today HERE is the link......

I am in a Michael Strong Blog Hop- there is a prize, so if you have any desire- do the hop and check it out...the theme is summertime, but mine is Asian- isn''t that what my summer has been all about afterall?

I ditto Lynn- Hello to all
Maggie- hope your wrist feels better....
Marilyn- I just got some of the cases and magnet inserts that were on Becca's blog- they are wonderful- I got about 3 dozen and they are almost all gone...... I stopped because I have no open spaces for anything else..too much coming in.............. Oh- I love your cloud technique too! And, think back a couple of years ago- before dies.....seems like forever, doesn't it???
Maxine- hope the kids and hubby are feeling better ASAP!
Kelly- I too love it when people add pic's to their blogs....sounds like you have been having a great summer!
Paige- I think your cards are all great- like straight out of a magazine..... You are the queen of layouts too!
Darlene- I am with you- it is hot out and ten you go into the conference rooms and freeze your **** off! You have to bring 2 sets of clothes!
Lynn- too funny- cleaning out branches sounds like NO fun to me! I love the Olympics too- amazing athletes and I can watch just about any sport and be entertained!

Hugs- off to finish picking up....

Shelly
Old 08-01-2012, 01:38 PM   #2189
Die Cut Diva

Hope y'all are ready for a good laugh tomorrow as I'm posting not one but two (same but different) cards with eyelets in the morning!!! Read the post too!!!!!! You'll smile!!

Lynn
Old 08-01-2012, 03:01 PM   #2190
Pearl-ExPert

I'm looking forward to your post tomorrow Lynn! Your posts are always so much fun to read! I'll have a card using eyelets up on my blog too, but my post is rather boring.

We are in for a storm here any moment - yeah rain - boo storm!

Old 08-01-2012, 03:50 PM   #2191
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I'm looking forward to your post tomorrow Lynn! Your posts are always so much fun to read! I'll have a card using eyelets up on my blog too, but my post is rather boring.

We are in for a storm here any moment - yeah rain - boo storm!
Not boring at all! Your backpack bag is soooooooo cute! I love it and I know I'm going to have to make at least one or more for some friends and maybe my grands.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-01-2012, 03:51 PM   #2192
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Hope y'all are ready for a good laugh tomorrow as I'm posting not one but two (same but different) cards with eyelets in the morning!!! Read the post too!!!!!! You'll smile!!

Lynn
Can't wait to see them.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-01-2012, 03:56 PM   #2193
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
I am cleaning and posting.....sneezing from stirring up dust.....

I added eyelets to my card today HERE is the link......

Maggie- hope your wrist feels better....

Hugs- off to finish picking up....

Shelly
Great job on your card and the challenge. You ladies are all so talented.

No, the wrist is still bothering me. If it doesn't get better soon, I'll go to the doctor and get a cortizone shot in it.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-01-2012, 07:34 PM   #2194
Die Cut Diva

Paige, I love the backpack and like I said in my comment - wish I was going back to school! It's precious!
Shelly also used eyelets on her beautiful card today

We're rocking those eyelets!!!!!!! (AND getting rid of them! LOL)

Lynn
Old 08-01-2012, 08:55 PM   #2195
Pearl-ExPert

Still no crafting other than a crochet rose while waiting earlier today....... house is clean and tomorrow is pretty free to hide and do mu own thing - I have some inspiration brewing as to using the eyelets.......... just hope it all works out .
Off to scan some photos now as DD wants to compare baby photos of her and her brother, as her little man is so much like his uncle. Grans are always busy one way or another
Old 08-02-2012, 03:34 AM   #2196
Quacker Stamper

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-03-2012, 12:21 AM   #2197
Pearl-ExPert

Good Evening all - here is my first (yes I am half way through a second) card with eyelets on
Old 08-03-2012, 03:42 AM   #2198
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
Good Evening all - here is my first (yes I am half way through a second) card with eyelets on
Fabulous card! Great use of the eyelets.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-03-2012, 03:42 AM   #2199
Quacker Stamper

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-03-2012, 06:07 AM   #2200
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning! Wishing you a sunshiney day!

Did the blog rounds - you girls amaze me!! I can't believe your work with eyelets! I have an idea in mind, but not sure it will pan out, lol. I can only try, right?

Laundry Stamper! LOL! Hammer and pad works just fine! I love my crop-o-dile but don't use eyelets so it's more of a hole puncher, ROFL!