Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2012, 09:12 AM   #1761
Polyshrink Goddess

Maggie, I love allrecipes.ccom. I will try some chicken recipes for the crockpot.

Good morning Lynn. I wish we lived alot closer I would pick you up to go yard sale hunting

Shelly,Jeanette,Paige, have a fun and safe trip.

Have a blessed sunday,hugs laura
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-10-2012, 10:42 AM   #1762
Pearl-ExPert

Dang, that sounds good Laura..............I just read on someone's blog while ago that she went to her local craft store for a sidewalk sale and spent close to $100 - but you ought to SEE all the stuff she got!!!! OMGoodness!!!!

I do love the yard sales - hate having them but like going to them! You just never know what you'll find.

Lynn
Old 06-10-2012, 12:29 PM   #1763
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Dang, that sounds good Laura..............I just read on someone's blog while ago that she went to her local craft store for a sidewalk sale and spent close to $100 - but you ought to SEE all the stuff she got!!!! OMGoodness!!!!

I do love the yard sales - hate having them but like going to them! You just never know what you'll find.

Lynn
LOL, Lynn - I have to second this! When our local LSS closed down, I had a trunk full of things!! THey used to have 'garage sales' every 3 months where stampers and scrapbookers would sell all their thigns they didn't want anymore and nothing was allowed to be over $3, including stamps! I scored big time and that's how I got most of my supply, lol. I lived for those sales and when the LSS went out of business, probably scored the other half of my goodies Now the only thing I usually need are DSP and Cardstock I miss that place!!
Old 06-10-2012, 03:51 PM   #1764
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Lynn
Wow! Wouldn't that be a fun place to shop. People around here have "garage" or "yard" sales all the time. I don't usually go to any of them, but I usually don't have the time to do that. I really need to have one of my own and get rid of a few things in my garage.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 06-11-2012, 10:03 AM   #1765
Pearl-ExPert

Morning everyone..........................

I have a bunch of stuff to do right now, but will try to get back later with a Discussion of the Week......................

Lynn
Old 06-11-2012, 05:40 PM   #1766
Pearl-ExPert

DISCUSSION OF THE WEEK>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Have you ever attended a stamping convention, scrapbook show, CKC (think that's what it's called) and if so, did you like it, was it worth it, etc......................?????

Lynn
Old 06-11-2012, 06:59 PM   #1767
Quacker Stamper

I've never been to the SU big convention in SLC, but I've been to a Regional Convention here in Houston a number of years back. Never have been to CKC. Can't answer the question whether it's worth it or not. I'd like to hear some other opinions about it.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-11-2012, 07:32 PM   #1768
Stazon Splitcoast

evening! still trying to catch up I've been to a huge scrapbooking super show in Orlando and it wa overwhelming! I came back broke, lol. I used to be a.huge impulse buyer so those shows are hard for me now I just window shop but remember a lot of booths making samples which was nice to see how to use the products and the make n takes
Old 06-11-2012, 07:45 PM   #1769
Forum Fanatic

Default Hello

Hello all,
Sounds like a nice relaxing weekend. We had a really nice weekend- some grad pictures on my blog : ) My daughters were a delight this weekend- and the graduation- is this my daughter- a Masters Degree- really! We are so proud!
I love yard sales- have not gone to a good one is ages! Maybe I'll have to look some up this weekend....
I did NOTHING today....... Well, I did not accomplish anything- I won My Memories Digital Scrapbooking from Alissa's blog- so I loaded it and read through the instruction manual...... this company contacted me a while back, and I did not ever hear from them again, so I am enjoying checking it out. Anyone do any digi scrapbooking? I am not too sure what I think about it yet.....
As far as going to Stamping shows- depends on what you are going for. I attended some classes at trade shows/stamping shows in the past- they are usually put on with new supplies for shop owners (I had a business selling hairbows and got to go because I had a wholesale acct to buy ribbon and findings.......). I love the Cincinnati show- the classes are put on through Stamp Your Art Out- and they have great classes- even Tim Holtz. The last show I went to was close-by and it was so poorly attended, many of my fav stores say they will not come back. I asked Marco Papers why they never come to shows here, and they say Chicago just is not a good market- boo!!! One thing to consider- it is like going to a craft show where many of the purchases are impulse buys- and you will not find much on sale...... the demos and make and takes are cool thought...........
Never been to a CKC- how fun that would be- to meet people with like interests and all...... I think a stamping group would be fun and inspirational. I go to a monthly SU workshop- many of the ladies used to sew/smock/embroidery in the same group in the past- some I have known since my twins were about 2...!
Chatty as usual....LOL off to post a card to my blog for tomorrow- I like this one alot..... : )
Hugs
Shelly
Old 06-12-2012, 03:17 AM   #1770
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
evening! still trying to catch up I've been to a huge scrapbooking super show in Orlando and it wa overwhelming! I came back broke, lol. I used to be a.huge impulse buyer so those shows are hard for me now I just window shop but remember a lot of booths making samples which was nice to see how to use the products and the make n takes
So what kind of things did you spend that $$ on? Some new toys.

I've had that experience also. Went to a stamp show and bought some really (I thought) cool stuff and never used it. What was I thinking????
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-12-2012, 03:24 AM   #1771
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-12-2012, 05:26 AM   #1772
Forum Fanatic

Default a thought

I have to add- I found Sweet Stamps at two stamping shows and they were doing a demo on Parchment crafting......which I fell in love with. I bought a bunch of the supplies (not all of them cause I did not want to spend all that money at once....) and tried it on reg vellum when I got home- which did not yield the greatest results.....when I joined the DT- they give such a generous package....I bought some of the parchment vellum.... So I have to say- that was a wonderful experience finding them and then joining the DT later on- it is a fabulous DT to be on.......just saying- I am thinking there may be a DT call in the next month or so, not sure though.......

Have a great day!

Shelly
Old 06-12-2012, 05:47 AM   #1773
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
So what kind of things did you spend that $$ on? Some new toys.

I've had that experience also. Went to a stamp show and bought some really (I thought) cool stuff and never used it. What was I thinking????

GOOD MORNING!!!!!!

I bought mostly paper - lots and lots of paper!! But I also bought two 'toys' - the i-rock heating tool and ALL the embellishments to go with it. Sadly, it turned out to be probably the worst thing I've ever bought! It never worked, not once, so I received a replacement and it was just as bad - came home months later to read the reviews and apparently, many many people had problems with it. Now I just use a small glue stick and add them on by hand, which is so not fun when the tool is supposed to do it, lol! I also bought the Clip-it-up for all my scrapbooking stickers to have them at a glance and handy! Let's see, I bought stamps, ribbons, more embellishments, some Cropper Hopper containers It was a scandelous day, ROFL!!!
Old 06-12-2012, 12:58 PM   #1774
Pearl-ExPert

You ladies are SO FAR ahead of me I'm afraid!
I've never been to any type of crafting show........would probably go crazy buying - but now I'll try to keep in mind everything y'all have said.

I do know they're having a CKC in a month or so about 2/3 hours from me. Was thinking about maybe going to that. They had one there the end of last year and I guess it did pretty good as they're coming back again.

Also, Maggie, I saw where they're having one in Houston some time soon too.

Shelly, glad the graduation went good. Know y'all are so proud of her.

Has anyone heard from Indah (Miss Amber)????? I PM'd her a couple of days ago but haven't heard back - just hoping she's ok.

Lynn
Old 06-12-2012, 06:39 PM   #1775
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
You ladies are SO FAR ahead of me I'm afraid!
I've never been to any type of crafting show........would probably go crazy buying - but now I'll try to keep in mind everything y'all have said.

I do know they're having a CKC in a month or so about 2/3 hours from me. Was thinking about maybe going to that. They had one there the end of last year and I guess it did pretty good as they're coming back again.

Also, Maggie, I saw where they're having one in Houston some time soon too.

Shelly, glad the graduation went good. Know y'all are so proud of her.

Has anyone heard from Indah (Miss Amber)????? I PM'd her a couple of days ago but haven't heard back - just hoping she's ok.

Lynn
Yes, I know they are coming to town, but CKC is so expensive and I really am not doing that much scrapbooking these days. One of the girls at the office likes to go to those, but she probably won't this year since she's taking her family to Disneyworld this summer.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-12-2012, 06:48 PM   #1776
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

GOOD MORNING!!!!!!

I bought mostly paper - lots and lots of paper!! But I also bought two 'toys' - the i-rock heating tool and ALL the embellishments to go with it. Sadly, it turned out to be probably the worst thing I've ever bought! It never worked, not once, so I received a replacement and it was just as bad - came home months later to read the reviews and apparently, many many people had problems with it. Now I just use a small glue stick and add them on by hand, which is so not fun when the tool is supposed to do it, lol! I also bought the Clip-it-up for all my scrapbooking stickers to have them at a glance and handy! Let's see, I bought stamps, ribbons, more embellishments, some Cropper Hopper containers It was a scandelous day, ROFL!!!
That's terrible that you bought something that didn't work and then probably had no way to return it.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-13-2012, 05:58 AM   #1777
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
That's terrible that you bought something that didn't work and then probably had no way to return it.
Good morning girls!!

Yes, that is always sad! I contacted them once I was home and realized it didn't work - they sent another one, it didn't work and I just gave up It's hit or miss. If you read the reviews, some people say they get 3-4 exchanges and then it finally works, others say it doesn't ..... for me, it was a bust but live and learn Overall, it's a fun experience - you just have to bring LOTS OF MONEY!! It's hard to go to those places and just 'window shop', lol!

We are mid-way thru VBS .... kids are just starting camp and we have a busy Karate week as well so its' hustle and bustle week here! And I still have so much crafting to do!!
Old 06-13-2012, 06:10 AM   #1778
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts!

I got home last night and my front yard was naked! Yep, they came yesterday and took down the oak tree. It's kind of sad to see that big open space out there. Can't wait until I can plant another tree in it's place. I noticed this morning though that one of my Blue Daze plants that I had planted in front of my azaleas is missing. I need to call the yard man to see if it got messed up when they were taking down the tree or if someone came and stole it. If he ruined it, I hope he means to replace it.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-13-2012, 06:15 AM   #1779
Pearl-ExPert

Morning everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So glad I posted that Discussion of the Week question and got your response.
I was really thinking about driving that 2/3 hour trip to the CKC (or whatever they're called) near me......but don't think I will now due to the expense - and I KNOW if I saw it, I'd want it! LOL! It's hard enough just going to Hobby Lobby or Mikes!

I see so many different things everyone is using now - from stamps to dies, etc.....and just want it all...but that's not going to happen I'm afraid. I just get a couple of things at a time when I shop it seems. I did order one of the ATG (small) glue gun things the other day and it should be in this week. I looked at several places on line and they were all about $35 plus.......so I went to Amazon and got one for $16.00....and it's the exact same thing! I'm keeping my fingers crossed now that it works or I'll be able to figure it out.

Shelly, I've never done any of the digi scrapbooking, etc....but a lot of ladies have. I wouldn't know the first thing about it. Good luck with that CD you won.

Lynn
Old 06-13-2012, 09:20 AM   #1780
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I was really thinking about driving that 2/3 hour trip to the CKC (or whatever they're called) near me......but don't think I will now due to the expense - and I KNOW if I saw it, I'd want it! LOL! It's hard enough just going to Hobby Lobby or Mikes!

I see so many different things everyone is using now - from stamps to dies, etc.....and just want it all...but that's not going to happen I'm afraid. I just get a couple of things at a time when I shop it seems. I did order one of the ATG (small) glue gun things the other day and it should be in this week. I looked at several places on line and they were all about $35 plus.......so I went to Amazon and got one for $16.00....and it's the exact same thing! I'm keeping my fingers crossed now that it works or I'll be able to figure it out.

Shelly, I've never done any of the digi scrapbooking, etc....but a lot of ladies have. I wouldn't know the first thing about it. Good luck with that CD you won.

Lynn
ROFL! Well, for starters you'd get a wooden sign that said "Laundry Stamper" THey are fun, I would attend every one in my area if I could! But whew, bring some bucks to spend!

I have an ATG and loved it, Lynn! Now I'm back to Tombos but buy them in bulk or on sale. I just made a quick Michaels run with my 50% off coupons and so they are normally 9.99 and ring up for $5. It makes a difference! Luckily I had my son and daughter with me so we each got in line with one and bought them all seperately so they wouldnt' give me any fuss. I was almost prepared for battle, lol - they always have issues with using more than one but technically each of us was a 'customer' and paid seperately so neener neener boo-boo!!
Old 06-13-2012, 01:52 PM   #1781
Swapper of the Month - February 2014

Wink

Quote:

Have you ever attended a stamping convention, scrapbook show, CKC (think that's what it's called) and if so, did you like it, was it worth it, etc......................?????

Lynn
Hi Lynn and stamping friends...
never been to any conventions or stamping shows...
I admit they look temptevily awesome but by the time one purchases
tickets and pay for hotels out of town, meals etc...
woww... I am thinking of all the amount of stamping stuff that $$$$ could buy...
Old 06-13-2012, 02:03 PM   #1782
Swapper of the Month - February 2014

AFTERNOON STAMPERS!!

today was the LAST day of school for our special needs classes....
just got home after our final presentation and parting tea...
not a dry eye in the whole room!!...so hard to say g'bye to our kids....

Tomorrow we have mtgs most day plus clean up,
and Friday is our last day of school until Sept.
I can't believe how fast summer came...although it does NOT
look at all like summer...yet!! :/

Been very very busy with an unexpected LAST MINUTE request to
prepare 40 -45 invites for a 25th wedd anniversary party Fiesta...
Yup..mexican style...) did a LOT of prep work yesterday and will work
more on the invites tomorrow after work and physio are done...
they sure are going to be colorful!! Ole'!! )

Not sure HOW I am going to keep up w/ all the swaps I signed in for...
oh my...is there a Saint card swap I can pray to??...lol
Decided to do the best I can even if time is running away from me....

I am also planning a trip to Washigton soon...I was hoping for a camping trip
but DH is not committing..so I ma now opting to go solo either by couch or train...
I might leave my wallet AND credit cards home....LOL...*grin*

Any plans on how U are going to spend YOUR summer, gals???
Old 06-14-2012, 12:26 PM   #1783
Pearl-ExPert

Kelly, that's how I buy stuff with coupons at HL and Mikes too!!! I just tell Jim to act like he doesn't know me in there and we get double of what ever I"m looking for......SO BAD! LOL!!! I'm really hoping I like this gun thing as I'm out of the Tombos and don't want to have to make another trip to San Antonio right now. Sure wish I could get things like that around here closer. I always stock up when I go, but for some reason I'm running out quick now.

Maggie.....that's so sad about your tree. Hopefully you can get it replaced with something pretty but I know how long it takes trees to grow.

P, SO glad you popped in! Know you've been busy with school and all that - and now all these invitations!! WOW! It's a shame we all don't live close together so we could help you out some.

Nothing going on with me for the summer I'm afraid. Was going to try to go to Dallas for a few days but have to have a little surgery on my eye (IF they can ever get me scheduled) and so don't know when we'll be going now. I'm a little leery of driving very far with it like that right now and Jim's driving............well, let's just say it leaves A LOT to be desired!!!!! Scary!! LOL!

Will check back in later this evening or tomorrow!

Lynn
Old 06-14-2012, 06:34 PM   #1784
Forum Fanatic

Default Hey hey

Hello,
I worked an extra day so one of the other nurses could have a 4 day weekend.....I ended up working 12 hours. Came home and no one is here..... I love being home all by myself- I cracked open a beer and turned on the TV and computer .........ahhhhhh so relaxing!

I am now off till next Thursday. I have a family reunion Saturday- Mom's side of the family- it is outdoors- and it is supposed to be in the 90's out.... there is a city park there, so this year, I am going to bring my swimming suit.

LOL you guys are so funny with the coupons....I have no one that will let me drag them to the store to use 2 coupons...... that is a stitch! You know you can get Joann coupons texted to you? I get 50% off coupons alot.....

Shelly
Old 06-15-2012, 06:22 AM   #1785
Stazon Splitcoast

Aw, Shell - wish I could stand in line with/for you! And you, too, Lynn! It comes in handy, esp with 50% off! I'm usually the one who forgets them at home so I'm so glad they now accept smartphone coupons, too! YAY for technology!

Good morning, everyone!!!!!! Busy weekend here - but at least I'm heading into it relaxed and not already 3 steps behind!

I did the recycled dryer sheet flower tutorial that I found here on SCS (blog post today) and now my girls want to add that to the weekend fun - oh boy!

And just a tip - spraying them outside helps, lol!!!!!!

Hugs!
Old 06-15-2012, 07:47 AM   #1786
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts.

So far having a good day. Today is my 25th anniversary here at my firm. They had a surprise breakfast for me with lots of sweet rolls, muffins, fruit, and juice. It was so nice, but I didn't know about it earlier or I wouldn't have eaten breakfast. I still ate some fruit and a blueberry muffin and had some cranberry juice. And I'm going out to lunch with 3 GF's. Monday my boss is taking me to lunch along with a GF and the other 2 people that I work with.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-15-2012, 07:50 AM   #1787
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Lynn
I know what you mean. I follow a few blogs and they always have such beautiful papers and embellishments. I have to really stop myself from just going and buying it right then and there. I hope you have good luck with your ATG. I have one, but I can't always get the roll in right and now I'm working with a roll that broke and I want to use it up, so I just use it by hand.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-15-2012, 07:52 AM   #1788
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
ROFL! Well, for starters you'd get a wooden sign that said "Laundry Stamper" THey are fun, I would attend every one in my area if I could! But whew, bring some bucks to spend!

I have an ATG and loved it, Lynn! Now I'm back to Tombos but buy them in bulk or on sale. I just made a quick Michaels run with my 50% off coupons and so they are normally 9.99 and ring up for $5. It makes a difference! Luckily I had my son and daughter with me so we each got in line with one and bought them all seperately so they wouldnt' give me any fuss. I was almost prepared for battle, lol - they always have issues with using more than one but technically each of us was a 'customer' and paid seperately so neener neener boo-boo!!
Totally love it! I don't see how they can say anything about you DS and DD using coupons - they are different customers. Sadly, I don't shop at Michael's much anymore - only when they have their Recollections 50% off.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-15-2012, 07:59 AM   #1789
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sama View Post
AFTERNOON STAMPERS!!

today was the LAST day of school for our special needs classes....
just got home after our final presentation and parting tea...
not a dry eye in the whole room!!...so hard to say g'bye to our kids....

Tomorrow we have mtgs most day plus clean up,
and Friday is our last day of school until Sept.
I can't believe how fast summer came...although it does NOT
look at all like summer...yet!! :/

Been very very busy with an unexpected LAST MINUTE request to
prepare 40 -45 invites for a 25th wedd anniversary party Fiesta...
Yup..mexican style...) did a LOT of prep work yesterday and will work
more on the invites tomorrow after work and physio are done...
they sure are going to be colorful!! Ole'!! )

Not sure HOW I am going to keep up w/ all the swaps I signed in for...
oh my...is there a Saint card swap I can pray to??...lol
Decided to do the best I can even if time is running away from me....

I am also planning a trip to Washigton soon...I was hoping for a camping trip
but DH is not committing..so I ma now opting to go solo either by couch or train...
I might leave my wallet AND credit cards home....LOL...*grin*

Any plans on how U are going to spend YOUR summer, gals???
Glad that school is out so you can do more stamping. I hope you're getting paid to do those invitations. Would love to see what you come up with.

Are you going to Convention also??

So, you're going to Washington (state or DC?) by yourself? What are your plans there? You better take some cash for expenses.

I'm leaving on the 21st to go to CA to watch my DGD in her final dance recital at the studio she has been attending since she was a toddler. Going to be some tears there I think. I'll be helping them pack and move while I'm there too. I hope to get an upclose view of the new house. That's all my plans for the summer. Nothing else going on until the holidays and even then not sure what it's going to be.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-15-2012, 08:00 AM   #1790
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Kelly, that's how I buy stuff with coupons at HL and Mikes too!!! I just tell Jim to act like he doesn't know me in there and we get double of what ever I"m looking for......SO BAD! LOL!!! I'm really hoping I like this gun thing as I'm out of the Tombos and don't want to have to make another trip to San Antonio right now. Sure wish I could get things like that around here closer. I always stock up when I go, but for some reason I'm running out quick now.

Maggie.....that's so sad about your tree. Hopefully you can get it replaced with something pretty but I know how long it takes trees to grow.

P, SO glad you popped in! Know you've been busy with school and all that - and now all these invitations!! WOW! It's a shame we all don't live close together so we could help you out some.

Nothing going on with me for the summer I'm afraid. Was going to try to go to Dallas for a few days but have to have a little surgery on my eye (IF they can ever get me scheduled) and so don't know when we'll be going now. I'm a little leery of driving very far with it like that right now and Jim's driving............well, let's just say it leaves A LOT to be desired!!!!! Scary!! LOL!

Will check back in later this evening or tomorrow!

Lynn
I will, but not sure yet what, and I have some time before I can plant another one in that spot, so I'll figure it out by then.

Sorry about the eye surgery. Hope you can get it scheduled and it all works out.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-15-2012, 08:03 AM   #1791
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
Hello,
I worked an extra day so one of the other nurses could have a 4 day weekend.....I ended up working 12 hours. Came home and no one is here..... I love being home all by myself- I cracked open a beer and turned on the TV and computer .........ahhhhhh so relaxing!

I am now off till next Thursday. I have a family reunion Saturday- Mom's side of the family- it is outdoors- and it is supposed to be in the 90's out.... there is a city park there, so this year, I am going to bring my swimming suit.

LOL you guys are so funny with the coupons....I have no one that will let me drag them to the store to use 2 coupons...... that is a stitch! You know you can get Joann coupons texted to you? I get 50% off coupons alot.....

Shelly
That was sweet of you to do that - must be a long day though. I have a niece who is an ER nurse at TCH and I know it can be brutal at times. She works I think 3 days and then has 4 off, but sometimes those are weekends.

Have fun at the family reunion. Sounds like you'll have time to recouperate afterward. Don't forget the sunscreen!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-15-2012, 08:08 AM   #1792
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Aw, Shell - wish I could stand in line with/for you! And you, too, Lynn! It comes in handy, esp with 50% off! I'm usually the one who forgets them at home so I'm so glad they now accept smartphone coupons, too! YAY for technology!

Good morning, everyone!!!!!! Busy weekend here - but at least I'm heading into it relaxed and not already 3 steps behind!

I did the recycled dryer sheet flower tutorial that I found here on SCS (blog post today) and now my girls want to add that to the weekend fun - oh boy!

And just a tip - spraying them outside helps, lol!!!!!!

Hugs!
Sounds like a fun project. I'm going to have to check that out. Although I did just get a large bag of assorted Prima flowers from Michelle Boyer - She's on the DT for MFT. I also am getting some stamps from her that she was getting rid of, but they didn't come yesterday with the flowers. Hopefully, I'll get them today.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-15-2012, 03:36 PM   #1793
Pearl-ExPert

Well, congrats on your 25 years on that job Maggie! That's wonderful!!! What type of office do you work for? You said "firm" so I assume it's a law office.

Shelly, you're going to have so much fun being off a few days now.....enjoy!

Kelly.........I know this is a dumb question but since I'm old and technology stupid.....how do you do the coupons on your phone??? I have an iPhone but don't really know what I'm doing with it. I can get books on it, check the internet, e-mail, etc....but that's about it. As I said " technology stupid"!!! I usually have to wait until one of the kids or grand kids come though and they they attempt to show me things on it! LOL!

Lynn
Old 06-15-2012, 04:25 PM   #1794
Quacker Stamper

Yes, it is a law firm. My boss is board certified in Family Law, so we do the usual - divorces, custody, modifications, adoptions, etc. He is also a mediator/arbitrator, so we do quite a bit of those also. A lot of paper pushing. I can never get ahead of my filing because there is always so much more to come.

Did I mention this morning that I bought a Kindle Fire. I was going to wait until Christmas, but the other day I got a free $30 gift voucher order to be used by 6/15 (today) and my DD in CA had sent me a $40 GC back for Mother's Day, so I used them both and got $70 off the price. Pretty good deal. I paid for shipping so I could get it before I left on vacay next Thursday. I'm really excited to get it.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-15-2012, 05:21 PM   #1795
Pearl-ExPert

My son's an attorney in Dallas - big law firm. They have huge clients like Walmart, Bass Pro Shops, etc...he seems to love it and has been there for quite a few years....if fact, he just recently made partner. Very proud of him. I don't see how anyone could live in Dallas though (actually he lives in Plano - same difference to me!).

I was a probation officer and after 24 years finally said enough is enough. The defendants were getting younger and I was getting older.......LOL

Oh, Maggie, so happy you're getting the Kindle Fire! You'll have to let me know how you like it! I'd been thinking about it - but since I'm still trying to figure out the iPhone I don't figure I need something else to boggle my brain just yet!!! LOL! Be sure and let us know though if you like it................does anyone else have one - or an iPad? My kids have the iPad and say they love it!

Lynn
Old 06-15-2012, 06:33 PM   #1796
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
My son's an attorney in Dallas - big law firm. They have huge clients like Walmart, Bass Pro Shops, etc...he seems to love it and has been there for quite a few years....if fact, he just recently made partner. Very proud of him. I don't see how anyone could live in Dallas though (actually he lives in Plano - same difference to me!).

I was a probation officer and after 24 years finally said enough is enough. The defendants were getting younger and I was getting older.......LOL

Oh, Maggie, so happy you're getting the Kindle Fire! You'll have to let me know how you like it! I'd been thinking about it - but since I'm still trying to figure out the iPhone I don't figure I need something else to boggle my brain just yet!!! LOL! Be sure and let us know though if you like it................does anyone else have one - or an iPad? My kids have the iPad and say they love it!

Lynn
What firm does he work for? We have dealings with quite a few firms up there doing mediations and arbitrations.

LOL! I don't think that's a job that I would want.

I sure hope I'm going to like it. I like the fact that it has lots of apps and you can connect to the Internet and then you can also read books on it. I like that it's kind of a cross between the iPad and the Nook and not nearly as expensive.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-15-2012, 06:42 PM   #1797
Pearl-ExPert

Maggie, he works for Cowles and Thompson - downtown Dallas.

Lynn
Old 06-15-2012, 07:41 PM   #1798
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Lynn
I have never attended any stamping scrapbooking show.

God evening stamp addict. Well just want to let you all know I'm still here and doing good.But I won't be posting anything on blog anytime soon. My computer went out on us this week. But I can stop by and visit with my Acer. My Acer allows me to take pictures but there is no way to upload them to my blog. I've been searching to see if there is hope for this Acer/blog connection but no luck.

Have a blessed weekend!!

Laura
Old 06-15-2012, 07:42 PM   #1799
Polyshrink Goddess

Oops... GOOD evening
Old 06-16-2012, 05:05 AM   #1800
Pearl-ExPert

Morning everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

Laura, glad to see you popped in - so sad about your computer! It's amazing how much we depend on those things isn't it. Maybe someone else on here knows more about the Acer - but I don't. Sorry I can't help you on that.

Lynn