Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2011, 05:16 AM   #81
Gallery Gazer

what did blogger have you do to fix the problem? i hate the auto updates/installs my pc does. i like my little mobile psp. too bad i cant do anything for blogger from this device
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-10-2011, 06:40 AM   #82
Pearl-ExPert

When I couldn't post anything - in other words, I got the post written and hit publish and nothing happened - for like a day and a half! Finally I e-mailed the "help" on blogger and they gave me a list of about 12 things to check. I really think the one that may have worked was to go to settings, scroll to bottom of page and select the new editor (I had the old one and maybe with the IE9 update that needed to be changed). I STILL don't know how to get rid of those little things that come up on some of the blogs I comment on!
Lynn
Old 05-12-2011, 02:39 AM   #83
Gallery Gazer

i can't get on my blogger dashboard today anyone else having trouble? it says pg invalid.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:59 PM   #84
Pearl-ExPert

Hey Carrie......we had storms this morning and this I had an appointment this afternoon. About an hour ago I tried to get on Blogger and it said it was "unavailable". From what I can gather, it's that way for everyone right now.............

Is everyone else experiencing this?

Lynn
Old 05-12-2011, 03:09 PM   #85
Pearl-ExPert

Blogger is unavailable for me as well. Hope the kinks get straightened out soon.

Old 05-17-2011, 05:04 PM   #86
Forum Fanatic

Default Dropping by

Dropping in to say hello. We all seem to be really busy here! I have all three of the kids graduating this year. One down- my son was home last week for a few days and headed to Breckenridge for a summer internship. He will be there until the end of Sept. We hope to go visit via driving in July.

My youngest is out in 2 weeks and will graduate 6/4. She has decided to go to Michigan State after all.......

My other daughter will graduate 6/12 and will got to grad school beginning a week after she is out. She will be home for 3-4 days and then will be gone all summer...... (Boo Hoo....!).

What is everyone up to???

Shelly
Old 05-17-2011, 05:48 PM   #87
Rubber Obsessor

Great news on your kids Shelly, though it's kind of sad they're leaving. It's actually nice to hear you're bummed they're leaving, too. I hate to hear all of those people at work who can't wait for their kids to be gone - and really mean it!

It's a crazy time at work for me. All of our grants are mostly starting to come in now for the new school year so it's a little nutso. I'm really starting to feel like there's just not enough time to get everything done and weekends go by way too fast. When we built the house I literally sketched out the craft room I wanted and now I have it and I find myself sitting in front of the TV in the living room to get my crafting done now.

How's everyone else doing?
Old 05-17-2011, 05:59 PM   #88
Pearl-ExPert

One and a half school days left with students, two and a half days until I'm officially retired! Woohoo! First order of business is to rest and relax, then stamp, stamp, stamp, DD's wedding, then more rest and relaxation and then more stamping!

Old 05-17-2011, 06:44 PM   #89
Rubber Obsessor

Okay so I used to like Paige...
Old 05-17-2011, 10:32 PM   #90
Polyshrink Goddess

hello Ladies glad to see everbody is still here. Still not In my craft room. Its getting dusty! Hope everyone is doing well for them self. As for me. doing good. Just feeling tired with the cemo. But so far the dr said everything is going in the right direction. Thank GOD!!! He is good.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:19 AM   #91
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNBoutique View Post
Okay so I used to like Paige...

LOL!

Old 05-18-2011, 03:11 AM   #92
Gallery Gazer

Good Morning, checking in. First time I've had the computer on in 2 wks. I hate IE9!! I'm having a hell of a time with it. I wish I never would have let it install but I don't know how to turn off auto update/install on this thing. Oh well. Well I'm 9 days into my meds and I think I'm going to have to do another round of it. We can't get one day of dry weather around here. Its been raining since the end of march I thought I was sick of snow but it doesn't even compare the this rain. Our basement is soaked because the walls just can't handle the moisture anymore. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have 1 dry day coming up and back to rain all next week. This spring has sucked!!!!

Laura, I hope you get your strength back soon. Thinking of you.
Shelly congrats to your kids!!!! Wow all 3 graduating.
Paige, congrats on the retirement. Enjoy it!!!

I'm trying to visit blogs but I can't navigate this IE9 on the computer ...it won't load the pages correctly. So if you have a pop up window for comments or a seperate page like Shelly I will comment on your blogs from the PS3. Lynn I was able to get your blog from the pc and commented on it today. I can't do embedded comment sections from the PS3. If you ever see that under your stats PS3 under operating systems you know its me visiting you LOL

Hope everyone has a great day and send some sunshine my way I could use it
Old 05-22-2011, 09:35 PM   #93
Forum Fanatic

Default Hello

Hi everyone! Glad to hear from you Laura- you can tell by your stats we are trying to check in on you.... Everyday you are getting closer to the end of the chemo- how much longer do you have to go for it to be completed?

Paige- I am jealous, but...I hear alot of people say they do not know how they ever had time to work once they are retired.....we'll see how relaxed you get ....hahaha I love seeing how much stamping you get done!

Carrie- feel better- you have been down a while now- they need to get out the big guns (Antibiotics) and Zap it out of you!

Lynn- how did the checkup go for Rotator cuff vs neck pinched nerve? I am so curious and anxious to hear!

Alissa- do you get the summer off ? It is a nutty time!

How is Marilyn, Karen, Jan, etc???

We have a musty smell coming from the basement- last year we smelled it and put the humidifier on full blast, then fans and it went away.....this year, we can smell it getting worse and it is all of the way upstairs. We ripped out carpet today and padding- better- we are going to wash the floors with bleach. The three windows are going to be replaced too, and now hubby wants to get new couched too. Brother. I decided that with my allergies, I would just get an area rug in my work room.....well, hubby got all ambitious and went down there, and I went to ask him something and he has moved- not in an organized way- 1/2 of my work stuff out of my Craft room---ahhhhhhhgggggg Oh well, I had a project I had to have done tonight and it was a stitch- I had to drag everything up here to the kitchen. It will be a good excuse to sort and organize it all......

I am working tomorrow and the cleaning crew is coming, so I had better get off here and get something done before I go to bed!

Have a great week!

Shelly
Old 05-23-2011, 06:00 PM   #94
Pearl-ExPert

Glad to see some chatter!!!
Doing ok on this end....still having all my shoulder/arm/neck problems and will be seeing another doctor tomorrow. This is getting REALLY OLD now!!! I've been in Physical Ther. for the last couple of weeks and it seems to help a little. At least I can hold my hair dryer now - but only for about 20 seconds! UGH! Yep, "Spike" is still here!

Carrie, hope you start feeling better. Maybe if you could get some pretty weather, that'd help. We got a couple of inches rain the other day - and now back to just hot and dry! And yep, IE9 is the PITS~~~ I HATE it and don't know what I'm doing anymore. It keeps flipping me out of the internet and then blogger and then back in! Yikes...........I may have to PM you just to find out what you're doing on some of this mess.

Shelly, you are meeting yourself coming and going with all the kids but it's all good I know. You should be very proud of them! How's that basement coming along?

Laura........WOOT!!! WOOT!!! I noticed you posted yet another card today!!!! And it's just so pretty!! You know I'm thinking about you daily and you're in my prayers.

Well Paige,,,,,how's retirement so far????? You're going to LOVE it I know.
I always tell everyone - I'm really not retired. Just not gainfully employed anymore! LOL!

Alissa, what do you do? Do you work for the school system or what?

OK Ladies.............any suggestions on how to revive the group? Any ideas at all?????

We haven't heard from Tami, Marilyn, or Jan in like forever........Do you three gals still want to be a part of the group? If not, please PM me and let me know.

Hope everyone has a good week.
Lynn
Old 05-24-2011, 03:30 AM   #95
Pearl-ExPert

How's retirement going? Well, let's see. It's been raining or threatens to every day since my last day of school!
Right now it just feels like a regular summer break from school, but come the middle of August when school starts up again, I'm sure it will feel really good! LOL!

We are refinancing our house, so spring cleaning is in full force, but like I said every day it has rained or threatened to rain, so getting our piles o' crap to the dump has been delayed.
I sneak in some stamping time whenever DH isn't looking! Ha!

It is good to see chatter here, although I am the worst for lurking!
How about we do a question of the day/week? Or a "what's on your desk" today type thing?

Old 05-24-2011, 04:14 AM   #96
Gallery Gazer

i have some major personal things going on in my life right now. every day i feel like i'm in crisis mode. i could use prayers that everything works itself out in the next month or so.
would it be possible for me to take a hiatus for awhile? i don't want to leave but for now i have to focus on real life till we get things straightened around
Old 05-24-2011, 06:00 AM   #97
Pearl-ExPert

Carrie, you will be in my prayers. Hope everything works out that is right for you. Looking forward to your return when you feel up to it.
{{{hugs!}}}

Old 05-24-2011, 05:01 PM   #98
Pearl-ExPert

Paige, I think a "question of the week" sounds good!!!! Let me see what I can come up with on that!

Carrie.....hope everything is ok with you! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers and there will always be a place for you here....Check in when you can and sending hugs!

Lynn
Old 05-29-2011, 12:03 PM   #99
Pearl-ExPert

Ok, Paige suggested me have a "Question of the Week".....so I thought I'd do the first one and then we could take turns every week - How does that sound????

So.......QUESTION OF THE WEEK.............

Let There be Light!!! What type of lighting do you use to take your pictures for posts? Do you use a light box, Ott light, sunlight, whatever? Elaborate................

Lynn
Old 05-29-2011, 02:16 PM   #100
Pearl-ExPert

I use a photo tent (not sure if that is what it is called) I bought online. I have a spotlight above it with a daylight light bulb and it also sits near a window. Some days I think my photos turn out okay and other days they don't, so I think the issue is with the photographer (me!)! I have my camera set to auto white balance and I use GIMP to kinda sorta edit my photos, but I mostly have no clue what I am doing! LOL!

How is your photo area set up??

Old 05-29-2011, 03:03 PM   #101
Pearl-ExPert

Well, I made a light tent thing but it just kept getting in the way all the time...I'd have to drag it out, get it draped in white cloth, get the lights set up (3 of them), and then take the photo.......I got to where I didn't even want to create anything cause I knew I'd have to go though all that to take the photo!!! My craft area is just no way close to leaving anything like that out all the time..........

SO - I got to looking on Susan's Simplicity blog and how she took one. I got an Ott light and just set my card in front of it with the white (card stock) behind it and take the photo that way...My problem though is I get so many shadows sometime. Maybe, it's the photographer instead of the photograph!!! I do set the Micro to on and the flash off. I think my best photos are taken outside but can't always do that......I do edit them, ie...crop/straighten/tint/etc.....

When you use the light tent, do you put lights on the sides too or just the top? I had read you had to have lights on two sides and coming down from the top.

Lynn
Old 05-29-2011, 06:15 PM   #102
Pearl-ExPert

I should have lights on both sides, but like you said it takes up space and I don't want to invest in two more lamps for the tent.. Sometimes the light on top does leave a round glare on the card and therefore causing shadows. I'm thinking of getting some light, white fabric to place over the light fixture to diffuse it. It's one of those clamp on lamps.

Old 06-04-2011, 09:18 PM   #103
Forum Fanatic

Default pictures

This is such a great question! I have been feeling like my pictures are so bad lately! I got a white photo tent for X-mas, but the lighting seems to be my issue- I think.....I stamp alot at night, so I notice my pictures turn out too gray when shot at night, or, if I take the pictures upstairs on the dining room table, the card seems to puck up the cranberry color from the walls or tablecloth......

So.....this past week, I have been taking my piuctures during the day out on my sun porch with a white folded cardboard, then the white fabric from my photo tent over that.....I think the pictures the last couple of days look better.... I cannot wait to see your answers- hope it will help me!

Shelly
Old 06-05-2011, 05:27 PM   #104
Rubber Obsessor

I have a light box I spent a fortune on and never use because I'm always too lazy to set it up so I basically just use natural daylight. I really have to force myself to start using it though because the pictures do come out much much better, grr...
Old 06-05-2011, 07:04 PM   #105
Pearl-ExPert

Shelly, I think your pictures are looking great........and Alissa, your's always look good too! I think I'm just getting too much shadows on mine...but I'm still working on it. So do yall think a light box then is worth the money AND where's a good place to get one?

Also, since we've only had a couple of responses, we'll let the "question of the week" go a few more days I guess. Also, I'm thinking I'm going to PM Jan, Tami, and Marilyn and see if they still want to be in the group. Any ideas on this.......? Or do yall even want to keep the group going?

Hope everyone had a good weekend.
Lynn
Old 06-07-2011, 02:59 AM   #106
Pearl-ExPert

I'd like to see the group keep going! We can be small, but mighty!
DD is getting married this Sat, so I won't be on much.

still need to get some lightweight white fabric for my main spot light and then get two more side lamps as well. Where to put them is the question!

Old 06-08-2011, 05:59 PM   #107
Pearl-ExPert

Paige, I love that - small but mighty!!! LOL! I don't want to close down our group either!
Hope you have fun at the wedding and try not to get too stressed over all of it - I know they are stressful!

Ok, I'm going to PM Marilyn, Jan, and Tami and if they don't want to be in the group anymore, we'll see about filling those spots........Is that ok with everyone???????

Lynn
Old 06-08-2011, 06:27 PM   #108
Rubber Obsessor

Default I'm here!

Hi Everyone.
I am here... and I'm sorry, I haven't been very good about following or visiting here. It keeps slipping my mind to do it regularly because each post doesn't come through. Not sure if that's normal or not but every time I visit the group, there's a lot of new posts that I never have received.
All is well here but I have been so busy I almost don't know if I'm coming or going... grandkids; we are trying to get the crop in but it rains, rains, rains; our daughter and her family have moved back to Canada after being in Ireland for 10 years; I was accepted to two more design teams... and then my internet crapped out! It's finally up and running after 2 weeks of nothing but I am having computer problems. Darned Vista... the cruelest joke Microsoft ever played on us... I've hated that operating system since I got my new computer so in January I finally did the upgrade to Windows 7, which I love. After an hour and a half on the phone with Microsoft, they've determined my problems are a result of doing an upgrade over Vista. Soooo... I have two computers on my desk - one for all my files and the other so I can access the internet.
Anyway, that's my rant and whining for now... it will probably be a couple more weeks before I get back to a routine but I will try to be better about viisiting here and I need to get back to visiting blogs. I enjoy that so much and am going to start by reading all the notes here I've missed!
Have a good rest of the week everyone!
Old 06-08-2011, 06:33 PM   #109
Rubber Obsessor

Default question of the week

I've tried several methods for taking pictures and I've decided the simplest method works the best for me. I've purchased & used one of those light tents but it takes up space, even folded up; have tried the painting canvases made into a box but what I've found works best is the light box made of white cardstock plus I have a floor Ott light which is perfect for positioning to get the best light. My craft room is on the north side of the house and the window is higher up so I never have great sunlight or at best, a limited amount of good daylight sun. I like the paper tent because I can fold it up and tuck it on top of all my cardstock and there's just no hassle to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Ok, Paige suggested me have a "Question of the Week".....so I thought I'd do the first one and then we could take turns every week - How does that sound????

So.......QUESTION OF THE WEEK.............

Let There be Light!!! What type of lighting do you use to take your pictures for posts? Do you use a light box, Ott light, sunlight, whatever? Elaborate................

Lynn
Old 06-08-2011, 06:44 PM   #110
Pearl-ExPert

SO GLAD you're still with us Marilyn!

So Vista is causing all the problems........mercy, what a mess! Does that mean I can convince hubby I need a new computer!!!! LOL! I wish!

Now, the big question!!!!!!!!! How do you make a light box out of card stock and how many lights do you have to use with it, etc...and where do you place the light source, etc.....Questions, questions, questions!!!

Lynn
Old 06-08-2011, 07:18 PM   #111
Rubber Obsessor

Yes, I'm glad to be here... sometimes I need a gentle nudge as a reminder.
I don't remember which blog I originally got the pattern from but the exact one I use is here. I use my light either like she does or facing the front. My pics aren't perfect but they are much improved since I started using this. Just my opinion but I think the Ott light is one of my most valuable tools. I also use it all the time when colouring my cards, even in daylight hours.
Hope that helps... it's dirt cheap to make and for me it is so much easier to pull out and set up than the light tent I bought.

Quote:
SO GLAD you're still with us Marilyn!

So Vista is causing all the problems........mercy, what a mess! Does that mean I can convince hubby I need a new computer!!!! LOL! I wish!

Now, the big question!!!!!!!!! How do you make a light box out of card stock and how many lights do you have to use with it, etc...and where do you place the light source, etc.....Questions, questions, questions!!!

Lynn
Old 06-11-2011, 03:20 PM   #112
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks Marilyn....I'll check that out on how to make one with the card stock.

Also, ladies, I PMed Marilyn, Tami, and Jan......well, Marilyn is staying! YEAH!!!!! Jan said she just had too much going on right now and was going to drop out but may want in later on. Tami also said she had alot going on but never said if she wanted to stay in the group.

What I was thinking is this.....since Jan is no longer with us and we're already down to 7 or 8, if anyone knows somebody that'd like to be in our group, invitie them! I think that'd be better than just opening up a call to whoever.......what do yall think??????
I'm thinking probaly no more than 2 people ...............Opinions, please?

Lynn
Old 06-11-2011, 03:29 PM   #113
Rubber Obsessor

Yes, I think adding some more people would be good... we could even go to four more if you want, just because we seem to be a quieter group at times so that might pick it up a bit but of course, I am good with whatever the rest want.
Hope you all have a great 'what's left of the weekend' day!

Quote:
Thanks Marilyn....I'll check that out on how to make one with the card stock.

Also, ladies, I PMed Marilyn, Tami, and Jan......well, Marilyn is staying! YEAH!!!!! Jan said she just had too much going on right now and was going to drop out but may want in later on. Tami also said she had alot going on but never said if she wanted to stay in the group.

What I was thinking is this.....since Jan is no longer with us and we're already down to 7 or 8, if anyone knows somebody that'd like to be in our group, invitie them! I think that'd be better than just opening up a call to whoever.......what do yall think??????
I'm thinking probaly no more than 2 people ...............Opinions, please?

Lynn
Old 06-12-2011, 08:22 AM   #114
Pearl-ExPert

I'm thinking the same thing Marilyn...........anyone else have an opinion here?????????

Lynn
Old 06-19-2011, 05:16 PM   #115
Polyshrink Goddess

Hello ladies, Just want to drop in and say hello. well I came out of my last surgery ok. I have no more legions in my liver. And they took out my gull stones. I will have six more kemo treatments.

I would like to try to start visiting as much as I could. So please be patient with me and keep me in.
Old 06-19-2011, 05:29 PM   #116
Pearl-ExPert

Oh Laura....SO GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU!!! Glad the surgery went good six more cemo treatments sounds like you're on the road now! And of course you're still "in"...we wouldn't allow you to leave so that's it!! LOL! Sending hugs your way.........
Lynn
Old 06-19-2011, 08:27 PM   #117
Rubber Obsessor

Hiya Laura,
Man... it's good to hear from you and I'm liking what I'm hearing about your surgery going well and those darned gallstones are gone! I hope your recovery is speedy and the rest of the chemo treatments don't cause you any problems.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:29 PM   #118
Polyshrink Goddess

Thank you so much for your prayers and suppor. Lynn,that's good you haven't kicked me out yet. Glad to hear everything is good with all you stamp addicts. Just keep believing and everything will be better. Hugs, laura
Old 06-21-2011, 01:31 PM   #119
Forum Fanatic

Default Hello

Yeah Laura! Glad your surgery went well and the spots are gone on the liver- great news! 6 more sessions of Chemo- sounds like the light at the end of the tunnel is shining! How do your blood counts hold up???

I am still insane- we are preparing for a Graduation party this Sunday- we got new carpeting in the basement yesterday, moved the couch and chairs back down but nothing else.....I shopped yesterday and today- now am going for some time to create now.

Next Thursday (a week from this Thurs) we are going to head out to Colorado for a week- hopefully my son will get a day or two off to see us..... He is working with troubled (court ordered) youth last week and this week- on a 2 week Campout....... I cannot wait to hear what he has to say!

My neighbor's son- Chris age- got his picture with Russel Crowe downtown Wheaton...at Starbucks a couple of days ago....... The boys were going to the library and stopped in Starbucks....they asked the guy if anyone ever told him he looks like Russel Crowe, and he answered Me Mum......Agggggg they have their picture on Facebook- how cool is that? He said he was here for work...... cool!

I am very slow on commenting- promise it will pick up after I get back from Colorado!

Hugs
Shelly

PS- I have Blog Candy till Thursday 10PM if anyone is interested.....
Old 06-26-2011, 04:07 PM   #120
Pearl-ExPert

Just checking in around here...........

I didn't do another "question of the week", but if someone else wants to come up with one, let's do it!!!

Shelly, I guess, you're still in Colorado...hope it's cooler there.

Laura, hope you're still on the mend.
I've never gotten any opinions, except from Marilyn, on whether or not yall wanted to add any more to our group?

I haven't been making too many cards lately...one reason is that I'm waiting until July 1st to order more paper! Running LOW! I do have some though that I've been pre-posting. Maybe this week, I'll try to get a couple made anyway. I've been in the process of making a Raggedy Ann doll for my latest granddaughter....pain in the behind, but they're so cute. This will be the third one I've done (did one for the other granddaughters) and they just don't seem to get easier! UCK!

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

Lynn