Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2012, 07:39 PM   #1041
Quacker Stamper

Just finishing up working on a card for Teapot Tuesday. Do any of you play along with that one on SCS?

Also need to go get my PSC post loaded up on my blog so it will appear later tonight.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-20-2012, 09:00 PM   #1042
Stazon Splitcoast

I used to go to the Daily Dare....but Feline Playful lists all of the challenges for me......Sometimes I pick challenges to inspire me....sometimes I pick challenges that match my card....LOL Do any of you do that???

Shelly
Old 03-20-2012, 09:11 PM   #1043
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
I used to go to the Daily Dare....but Feline Playful lists all of the challenges for me......Sometimes I pick challenges to inspire me....sometimes I pick challenges that match my card....LOL Do any of you do that???

Shelly
I guess most of the time I pick challenges that match the card that I have done. Just tonight our PSC DT leader posted on our FB Group a couple challenges that were Anything Goes and Chic/Vintage where we could link up our cards. When I find a blog that has some good challenges, I usually will book mark the site and go back to it when I can.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-20-2012, 09:12 PM   #1044
Quacker Stamper

Got my Perfect Sentiment Challenge up on my blog and finished my other card tonight for Teapot Tuesday. It's going to be late.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-21-2012, 03:07 AM   #1045
Die Cut Diva

I don't often submit my card to more than one challenge at a time. Just haven't had the luck or inclination to try to make that work. I'm always amazed when stampers have their cards submitted to a lengthy list of challenges.

I've read the teapot challenges here on SCS a couple of times, but they sound so confusing. I'm confused easily enough just making a simple card for a simple challenge!

Off to check out today's sketch challenge on SCS!

Old 03-21-2012, 04:25 AM   #1046
Quacker Stamper

Mothermark always has a story to tell when she posts for TPT Destination Station. I don't know how she comes up with them each week. The thing I like is that the cards that are made are sent out to someone each week that are really deserving of receiving the cards.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-21-2012, 07:11 AM   #1047
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

I was gone all day yesterday... and am now sooooooooo far behind. EEK! Must rush to catch up.

I craft mostly in the afternoon and/or evening. Mornings are usually spent on the computer and doing chores, errands, etc. I don't enter very many challenges, other than DT ones. My favorites are probably sketch and color. Photo inspiration ones are difficult for me.
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
Come Chat with Me in the Chit Chat Forum
Old 03-21-2012, 08:54 AM   #1048
Die Cut Diva

Changing the subject for just a second - I promise I'll get back on the discussion at hand though..................I just saw a comment on someone's blog about changing their stamped images into digi images! I googled it and there's a couple of tutorials on YouTube on this! Have any of y'all ever heard of doing this (or am I just completely out of the loop on things!!!!). Also by doing that wouldn't you be messing with a companies rubber or clear images?????? Just wondering if y'all had heard of this!

Lynn
Old 03-21-2012, 08:59 AM   #1049

Oh my! Lynn, that sure sounds to me like it would be an infringement of their copyright on the rubber images. I don't know.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:59 AM   #1050
Die Cut Diva

Lynn, I hadn't heard of this. It seems it would bring up all kinds of copyright issues though. And I'm wondering what is the point of doing so?

I do use digis for a DT I'm on, but I really prefer rubber stamps.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:19 AM   #1051
Rubber Obsessor

This could almost spell the end of rubber stamp companies because I can see people sharing these files like crazy because they would be so easy to pass around. Not a good thing... and I also believe it opens up serious copyright issues. I did a YouTube search and found one lady's video and there's no comments so I'm wondering if people are kind of nervous about the whole thing but maybe the idea is just too new.
It's funny because I did this same thing about a year ago - one of my internet friends in Europe needed a stamp right now and asked if anyone had it could they scan and send. I did do it without even thinking it was stealing an image or infringing on copyright so yes, it's very easy to do. If we start doing this though, is there any incentive for companies to do anything other than digis? I do love using digis but I like being able to actually handle the rubber stamps... weird maybe?
Old 03-21-2012, 09:25 AM   #1052
Quacker Stamper

wow! What a topic and concept. I didn't have a clue that you could scan a rubber stamp and turn it into a digi image stamp? If you did that, could you resize it like other digi stamps that you buy or would it stay the same as the stamp?

I can see that it would infringe on copyright laws also. It's still the same as sending a stamped image to someone.

I've always been a rubber stamper, but the more I get into digis, the more I starting to love them since you can resize them and do whatever you want with them.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-21-2012, 09:46 AM   #1053
Die Cut Diva

I'm thinking the same thing ladies.......I saw that I almost fell over! Then I thought, well maybe everyone is doing this and I just haven't heard of it. I don't think this is a good thing AT ALL! I mean, if you're going to do that, why make any kind of rubber or clear stamp! Is the whole world going digital now or what!!!!!

I've got a ton of digital images on my computer - most of them were freebies, but I just LOVE my rubber and clear stamps. Just something about that rubber and all. Maybe it's just my age showing and I'm not ready for all the technical stuff! LOL

I just thought this was terrible but hey, I've been wrong before too. I don't know about this at all though.

Lynn
Old 03-21-2012, 10:17 AM   #1054
Quacker Stamper

Wow! You ladies have been really busy. Just hopped around to everyone's blogs. Great stuff going on.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-21-2012, 10:30 AM   #1055
Die Cut Diva

One of the last times I got together with a couple of ladies for "show and tell" and to do a shoebox swap, they saw some of my cards using digi images. They wanted me to print some digis out for them to bring with me the next time we met. Yikes! Most of my digis were free to me from being DTs or from winning some at a challenge. I explained that I couldn't/wouldn't do that and they asked me how was it different if I let them stamp some of my images that they didn't own. Uncomfortable to say the least!

Old 03-21-2012, 10:34 AM   #1056
Die Cut Diva

Back to the discussion at hand..............hehehe!

I usually (not always though) make a card and then check to see what challenges it fits. But like this afternoon, I'm planning on doing a card for a specific challenge - mainly because I've never done that challenge before and want to try.
I'm also one to not enter a lot of challenges.....usually about 3 or 4 max. Ever so often I'll enter it in 5 or 6 but very rarely!
I like the Feline Playful instead of the Daily Dare since they have what the challenge is and show the sketches, etc..

Lynn
Old 03-21-2012, 10:39 AM   #1057
Swapper of the Month - February 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
...I've got a ton of digital images on my computer - most of them were freebies, but I just LOVE my rubber and clear stamps. Just something about that rubber and all. Maybe it's just my age showing and I'm not ready for all the technical stuff! LOL...
DITTO what U said Lynn...although, in my case, even though I save lots of digis on my laptop I have YET to use one......mm...quite the NON advanced techno person that I am!
Anyways...my two cents worth..I sooo LOVE MY RUBBAH!♥
Old 03-21-2012, 10:41 AM   #1058

oopssss where are my manners????

G' Morning Friends...
I am not at home so I am sneaking a quick hello
from DIL computer while wee one (GD)
is still mesmerized by Bugs Bunny....LOL
Off to check on her and the Chinese student my DiL and DS are
hosting..and perhaps try to play a board game altogether...
now that will be interesting....*wink & smile*
Have a FABULOUS day you all ! ♥
Old 03-21-2012, 05:26 PM   #1059
Gabfest Goddess

Good evening friends. How is everyone tonight?

Interesting conversation about copyrights and making rubber stamps digital. I think people should be very careful about doing this. In most cases I think it would be illegal. I dont have a printer at home so even though I only have a handful of digis that were freebies, I have yet to use one of them.

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 03-21-2012, 08:56 PM   #1060
Die Cut Diva

In case I'm having a SENIOR MOMENT in the morning, just wanted to say............................................... .................................................. ...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAIGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you have a fabulous day and a great birthday!!!

Lynn
Old 03-21-2012, 09:42 PM   #1061
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Birthday Paige!!!

I am back again to check in- I am trying to keep up!!!

Lynn- I agree with the group- I would think there would be a huge copyright issue with scanning in stamps and making digi's....... it is hard after using digi's to not be able to change the size of an image.....but how do I love my rubber stamps! I recently did a die cut swap- and thought about it afterwards- prob should not have done that either.........

I have tomorrow off- yeah- I get to stamp! My hubby was here Tuesday and wanted my attention- we went and voted, walked the dog....ran errands- I got nothing done. We are looking for a new mattress, and we went to the first store- and the salesman offered us 25% off.....it was tempting, but we talked about NOT buying a mattress until we looked around......that was so tempting though!

OK- getting reading to go to bed soon!

Shelly
Old 03-22-2012, 01:49 AM   #1062
Gabfest Goddess

Happy Birthday Paige!! Hope that you get thoroughly spoiled today!

Thank heaven it's Thursday and Saturday is within sight. I want to try Indah's TAT challenge for us and also CASE one of Marilyn's beauties! (although my CASE will pale in comparison)

Wishing everyone a good day today. Sure has been crazy-warm weather here. Hard to remember that it's the middle of March and not the end of June.

Old 03-22-2012, 02:15 AM   #1063
Gabfest Goddess

Back again (like a bad penny, he he he)

Went back a page and read about the discussion topic for this week. I do my best creating in the morning. When I have to write at the office, or create something new, I can crank it out first thing. After about 3 PM or so, that part of me winds down and I need to do more types of things that don't require creativity.

So I tend to create my new cards in the earlier part of the day, get everything all set, then if I'm out of time to finish (like multiples for Christmas or swaps) I just do the assembly work in the evenings.

The last few years my job has become very demanding because we're growing the business. So I tend to be so worn out when I get home, that we eat, watch a little TV and I seem to be in bed by 9 or 9:30. Up at early hours and back at it the next day. Leaves only Saturday and Sunday for creating. That's the part that I wish that I could change.

I like your ideas on printing off the sketch challenges & keeping them handy in a notebook. I think that doing that would be very helpful for me. I need to get a printer at home here. Color challenges don't seem to phase me though. I like them actually. But I've never entered a challenge, except here in this group. It's that time thing - or lack thereof.

I have also heard numerous people attest that they are busier retired than when they worked. If that's true for me, I'll be dead in a year! ha ha. Seriously, I will work very hard at NOT being as busy as I am now. Actually, my retirement window is about 4 years. I'll be 58. But that phase of "retirement" will mean that I work somewhere else. A lot less!! Just put in my hours and go home. That's it. Sounds like a great life!

Old 03-22-2012, 04:19 AM   #1064
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts.

Happy Birthday Paige!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-22-2012, 04:22 AM   #1065
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcardmaking View Post
Back again (like a bad penny, he he he)

I have also heard numerous people attest that they are busier retired than when they worked. If that's true for me, I'll be dead in a year! ha ha. Seriously, I will work very hard at NOT being as busy as I am now. Actually, my retirement window is about 4 years. I'll be 58. But that phase of "retirement" will mean that I work somewhere else. A lot less!! Just put in my hours and go home. That's it. Sounds like a great life!
My sis and BIL are retired and that's what they say also. Busy, busy, busy with all kinds of volunteer things, plus she is a new great grandma and helps with taking care of the little one during the week.

Your idea of retirement is also mine. I would like to work part time at a craft store - Hobby Lobby or Archivers. I want it to be in a creative atmosphere.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-22-2012, 05:48 AM   #1066

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

♪♪ Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday, Dear Paige... Happy Birthday to you! ♪♪ (Sorry I was off key... have I ever mentioned before that I can't sing?)

Old 03-22-2012, 09:50 AM   #1067

CHECK IT OUT... if you have an interest in being on the Twisted Tuesday Challenge design team... there are ONLY 2 DAYS LEFT to put yourself into the running!!!

Here's the link to the details... Twisted Tuesday Challenges

Old 03-22-2012, 10:17 AM   #1068
Quacker Stamper

That looks like fun Jeanette, but I've only been blogging since last July, so not eligible.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-22-2012, 10:52 AM   #1069

Maggie, I'm sorry! In 6 months, you'll be eligible to try for the next design team!

Old 03-22-2012, 10:59 AM   #1070
Quacker Stamper

Oh, no problem Jeanette. Really, with the 2 DT's I'm on now, I really don't know where I'd find the time. Maybe in 6 months, things will slow down some.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-22-2012, 05:19 PM   #1071
Die Cut Diva

Speaking of birthdays...........

Maggie, Paola, and Kelly, I need y'all to send me your address, e-mail, and birthday (no year necessary). I think I have everyone else and when I get y'all's I'll send out an e-mail to everyone. We just thought this would be good to have in case we wanted to send someone a RAK or e-mail them, etc. Thanks!

Lynn
Old 03-22-2012, 05:24 PM   #1072
Quacker Stamper

Sure, that would be great to have everyone's information. Sending to you now.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-22-2012, 06:21 PM   #1073
Die Cut Diva

Thank you all for the happy birthday wishes. I had a fun day stamping with friends, each of my children called me, and then out to dinner with DH.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:35 PM   #1074
Die Cut Diva

Thanks, Maggie.....just got your PM - So......Kelly and Paola, if y'all will PM your info I'll get this off to everyone.

Paige, so glad you had a good day! Sounds like fun!
Lynn
Old 03-22-2012, 06:40 PM   #1075
Stazon Splitcoast

Default back again

Glad you had a fun day Paige! Wahoo!

I have been here twice today- I love having a day off. My hubby stayed home this morning and is going to take the day off tomorrow- I am going to work on another card tonight I think.....since I cannot craft tomorrow or Saturday. We are going mattress shopping tomorrow....

I am going to a Stamping retreat on Saturday- in South Bend Indiana- which is ~ 2 1/2 hours away...... I just realized they are an hour ahead of us.....yikes- I will have to leave at 5AM to get there on time if I do not go Friday PM......hmmmmmmmm Oh my.....! One of the ladies from my ATC group is coming as well. I have to bring a dish to pass- I think I will make Broccoli salad- hubby LOVES that, so I will leave some here for him.

Off to play!
Shelly
Old 03-22-2012, 07:16 PM   #1076
Die Cut Diva

Oh Shelly, the retreat sounds like so much FUN! Wish I was going with you - even that early in the morning! Have a good time - and have fun shopping tomorrow!

Lynn
Old 03-22-2012, 07:30 PM   #1077
Quacker Stamper

Shelly, ditto what Lynn said. That's going to be so much fun. I love stamping with my friends. Wish I was there, I love broccoli salad.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-22-2012, 08:11 PM   #1078

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
Thank you all for the happy birthday wishes. I had a fun day stamping with friends, each of my children called me, and then out to dinner with DH.
yikesss!! I'm late I'm lateeee for a very important date!!

♥ HAPPY♥ BIRTHDAY ♥ PAIGE ♥

Sounds like U had a very special day..I hope U got spoiled too!!
Old 03-22-2012, 08:14 PM   #1079

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Thanks, Maggie.....just got your PM - So......Kelly and Paola, if y'all will PM your info I'll get this off to everyone.

Paige, so glad you had a good day! Sounds like fun!
Lynn
Hi Lynn, so sorry I just read your request hunn...will pm ya in a few secs
Old 03-22-2012, 09:06 PM   #1080
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Late check in! I have been über busy with Riley ... Come HOP with us and see the new Spring release!!

Lynn, sent you my info! I'm sorry I didn't see it before!!

Oh, and

******** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Paige!!!!!!! *********