Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2011, 07:21 PM   #41
Polyshrink Goddess

Hello Ladies, Well just stopping by to say Hi. I will say a prayer for all of us tonight. I don't like what Im hearing. I pray that everyone get better. I have been doing good. The chemo is not something to look foward too. I go every other week. Shelly My prayers are with your nephew. They took out my tumor from my colon, It also spread to my liver. I will have surgery after six treatments of chemo. But I'm praying I won't have sugery.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-23-2011, 07:27 PM   #42
Rubber Obsessor

Hi All,
Stopping by as well to see how everyone is doing. I don't get here as much as I should & I miss 'seeing everyone' regularly but I certainly hope everyone is doing better soon.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:47 AM   #43
Die Cut Diva

I hadn't gotten any notifications from SCS re: updates on here and thought everyone was just GONE! Glad I checked.

I'm doing somewhat better the last couple of days. Had an injection on Friday and due up for another on Tuesday.....still can't raise my left arm - which is an issue, but feeling somewhat better anyway.

Laura, I don't think a day goes by that I don't think about you! Hang in there with all this and I'm sending more hugs...........and so sorry I haven't e-mailed you lately to keep up....I WILL be better about that!

Shelly, I'm going to try to get a card off to Bryan in the next day a so. So sad for him and the family.

Carrie, hope all is looking up with your sons ears now.

Mercy.....maybe we should re-name our group to "Get Well Quick"!!!! LOL!
Hope everyone is having a good day.
Lynn
Old 03-24-2011, 05:29 PM   #44
Forum Fanatic

Default Hi

Just dropping in to say hey.....

Lynn- so glad to hear you are feeling better! You are so funny- Hi GWS girls!!!

Laura- happy to hear from you- miss hearing from you! Keeping you in prayers and I will hope to hear surgery is not necessary! How is your son doing???

Thanks for the support regarding my little nephew and the cancer- pretty freaking wild- I never will understand why God makes little kids suffer- my brother is so dirt poor- my SIL does not get paid when she does not work either..... jeesh!

Ok- off to blog hop tonight- I will miss my Sunday night visit with my trip to see the little guy in Cincinnati.

Hugs
Shelly
Old 03-25-2011, 09:26 PM   #45
Polyshrink Goddess

Hello Ladies, So Glad to hear your sense of humor,Lynn. You always make me giggle.
@ shelly My son is doing great thanks for asking. My prayers are with you.and I believe God is going to do a miracle for your nephew. I have a friend whos son had cancer and its been about 4 or 5 years and you would never known he had it. He is doing so good. I sometimes dont know why God allows things to happen. But i do Know he answers prayer. For what ever reason I'm going through my battle with cancer. I pray that God makes me a strong women of God.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:27 PM   #46
Forum Fanatic

Default Hello

I am back from Cinci- I drove down Sat AM and back Sun PM( 6 hours each way). I planned on going earlier, but my Dad is cranky and started a fight with me.......it seems as he gets older, he is cranky alot- we never used to have words...whatever..... My little nephew Brian was discharged home Sun PM. I got him home with his Mom ~ 6:30PM, and when we went in, Whoa.....I am allergic to Cats- and Mom was gone 10 days, so it was pretty dusty- my allergies went on red alert......Asthma alert....so I figured my work was done (originally he was going to get sent home Monday.....) so I headed home late last night. I did not sleep well in the hotel Sat night- it was real noisy), so I relaxed and caught up with e-mails and stuff today.....

Thanks for all of the well wishes from everyone for Brian- it will be a long haul for the family! They have 3 cats and 2 had babies recently, so there were 12 cats in the house.....geepers! I think they have to give the cats away when chemo starts too. I took the girls shopping and bough them clothes- so fun to see what it 'out there' for little girls nowadays- the little one loves Pink- a girl after my own heart! LOL

OK- I am going to print out a couple of images and get busy ceating- lots to get done in the next couple of days!

Hugs
Shelly
Old 03-28-2011, 06:42 PM   #47
Die Cut Diva

Glad you made it home safely and that Brian is now home! Know he'll feel better just being there. I'll get a card off to him this week!

Yep, that's alot of kitties under one roof! We only have one cat - and it stays outside - except to eat....it "dines" in the house and then goes out. My kids are allergic so it doesn't even get to "dine in" when they're here! We found out my daughter was allergic when she was about 6 years old....got her the cutest little kitty and said they could sleep in the same room for the night! Whoa! The next morning kitty was fine - and Kimberly's eyes were swollen SHUT! Not a pretty sight!

I've been feeling alot better today (I'm trying not to let it show TOO much though as I've almost got hubby trained in all the cooking and cleaning!!! LOL) I'm due up for another injection tomorrow! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Hope everyone has a good week.
Lynn
Old 03-28-2011, 07:26 PM   #48
Rubber Obsessor

Glad you are feeling better Lynn but slow down... milk it for all it's worth & get as much mileage out of it as you can! hahahhaha...
And Shelly, I bet it's nice to be home. My gawd.. 12 cats! We have one in the house (we were supposed to 'babysit' the cat until our son got into his new house..) She's been here two years & although she's no trouble, the hair that one cat sheds is unbelievable. And by the look of the litter box, I think she poops her weight out every day.
Anyway, glad things seem to be a bit better for everyone. All is well here but we are still waiting for spring... my gosh, this has been the longest & coldest winter in years so when those trees start leafing out & the grass starts turning green... well, I think I will go out & roll in it!
Old 04-03-2011, 05:48 PM   #49
Die Cut Diva

Checking in here guys! We had a wonderful weekend! My son and his wife came in from Dallas and I FINALLY got to see their little baby - Madeline Grace who just turned 2 months old! This has been so hard on me not being able to get up there and see her so I was very excited and did alot of kissing and hugging! Good times.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and looking forward to another week!

Shelly, how's Brian doing?

Lynn
Old 04-05-2011, 01:27 AM   #50
Gallery Gazer

i may be mia this week from commenting on blogs. i hurt my back sunday and was hoping it would be better by today but its still painful to sit in the chair at the computer so hopefully by this weekend i'll be back to normal.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:36 AM   #51
Rubber Obsessor

I hope it's better soon Carrie... there's nothing worse than back problems, nothing! When your back is out of commission, it affects everything... how you walk, sit, bend, etc. At least when we stub our toe, it's just the toe that hurts!
Old 04-05-2011, 04:52 AM   #52
Die Cut Diva

Oh Carrie......hope all is better soon! That's no fun at all - and especially when you have a little one in the house that needs your attention! Get alot of rest and hopefully it'll be ok!
Lynn
Old 04-08-2011, 08:21 PM   #53
Forum Fanatic

Default Hello

Dropping by- I've been MIA..... I have a few days off.....

Wow- glad to hear everyone is on the mend- Carrie- hope your back is improving! Take care of yourself! Laura- still praying for you to tolerate the chemo well and that surgery may not be necessary,

Lynn- really glad you are finally feeling better- were you able to hold the baby? My biggest fear for the future is that I will have trouble in the future holding a baby because of my neck.

My daughter will be staying at Ohio State for grad school. My son is in Breckenridge for the summer and my youngest is still not sure about college, but has Michigan State as # 1 on her list. Whew- lots going on with that.

Little Brian had his first chemo Monday and is having radiation for 6 days- today was day 5...... Sounds like he is doing OK. The family sure appreciates all of the cards and are kind of overwhelmed by the whole situation- but doing their best- my SIL is back to work- missed out on 10 days of pay while she was off......

My Dad is a PIA- please say a prayer for him....He is a wonderful man, but is getting really crabby in his old age. I have not talked to him for ~ 2 weeks.
I am not sure how to handle that situation either.....

Does anyone play with Digital patterned papers? Create with TLC has so many that she has been posting lately- I have tried a couple, just curious on your ideas about them. I saw a card Jan made with digi papers posted by CDS too. I do not know how to change colors of papers, but I have a friend that does- it would be great for my late night stamping to be able to make the paper into any color you would like it to be.

Marilyn- I am with you- come on Spring!!!

Hugs
Shelly
Old 04-11-2011, 12:05 PM   #54
Die Cut Diva

Checking in here............
Sorry to hear about your dad, Shelly....hopefully all will be ok with him.
Also great to hear that Brian is ok for now. Know he has a long road ahead of him but hopefully all will be ok.
Three kiddos in college is just a scary thought!!! WOW. Know they'll all do fine.
No, I haven't ever done the colored digital papers - or images either. Need to try that I guess.
I DID get to hold that little grandbaby....I was pretty sore and hurting by the time they left but it was ok. I'm suppose to go in for a nerve test and see what's going on. Don't have anywhere close to the pain I was having (it's just bearable now) but I still can't lift my arm! Frustrating!

Carrie, hope your back is ok now.... and Laura.....you're still in my thoughts and prayers and hoping all is going well with you. I did send you a card to kinda cheer you up the other day but don't know if it got there or not.

We're in the midst of summer it seems....been having 95 degree weather around here - and so dry it feels like the Sahara! NEED RAIN! If you have any extra where you live, ship it down here!

Lynn
Old 04-12-2011, 05:29 AM   #55
Gallery Gazer

i'm still not feeling great thanks for asking lynn hopefully this will be better soon
Old 04-15-2011, 05:11 PM   #56
Die Cut Diva

Hi everyone...............Just wanted to kinda post a reminder to tell everyone to be sure and try to check in here weekly - if possible - just so we'll know how everyone is doing!! We don't seem to be the chattiest (that really isn't a word is it?) around but we're all still here I think!

Carrie, hope you're starting to feel somewhat better these days.

Lynn
Old 04-15-2011, 05:22 PM   #57
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks for the reminder Lynn & how is everyone? Good here but with spring coming & the record snowfall, we also have record runoff & flooding. Water everywhere... I work for a rural municipality (much like your counties in the US & Alberta) & it's always so good to get home so I don't have to hear the complaints or the phone ring. But that is minor compared to hearing about sickness & tornados, etc.
I am so looking forward to spring here... I want to see green grass & buds on the trees.
So, I am here... I seem to be busy but I do need to get around to everyone's blogs & I've a ton of cards to get ready. Am having a couple issues with my blog & I've lost a column & can't figure out how to get it back so am waiting on an email from someone who should know how to fix it. When I get that fixed, I will back it up regularly & never, ever think I know enough to go in & change something... never! hahahahha...
Old 04-16-2011, 03:01 PM   #58
Polyshrink Goddess

Hello ladies, just stopping by to say Hi. And Im doing good. How is everyone?
Lynn I did get the card. Its soooo cute thank you so much. I really appreciate it.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:34 PM   #59
Rubber Obsessor

It's awesome to hear from you Laura! Hope everyone had a good weekend. Went too fast for me (don't they all)
Old 04-18-2011, 10:37 AM   #60
Die Cut Diva

Just letting everyone know that today is SHELLY'S BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHELLY!

Lynn
Old 04-18-2011, 10:49 AM   #61
Rubber Obsessor

Happy Birthday to you...., Happy Birthday to you....
Old 04-18-2011, 07:07 PM   #62
Rubber Obsessor

Is anyone here on Twitter? I keep hearing about how these craft teams use it as a means to stay updated with each other socially but I don't understand the damn thing. I lurk on Twitter to follow a few people, but I've never actually tweeted. I think I saw that Jan had one but now I can't figure out how I located her...
Old 04-22-2011, 06:45 PM   #63
Die Cut Diva

No twittering here...........(Not even real sure what it is!!! Now, that's REALLY telling my age isn't it! LOL)

If you celebrate Easter hope you have a wonderful day - and if not, hope you have a great day anyway!

Lynn
Old 04-22-2011, 10:38 PM   #64
Forum Fanatic

Default Hi

No twittering here either..... Facebook and e-mail take up so much of my time!

The twins will be home for Easter- I took Katie shopping a bit today. We are going to get a new phone tomorrow.......I am going to have to decide if I need an Iphone or not- one more thing to have to figure out and pay for.....LOL Once you have one though, I bet you could never imagine not having one.....

Have a Blessed Easter if you celebrate- and a great weekend if you do not.
Hugs
Shelly
Old 04-23-2011, 02:12 AM   #65
Gallery Gazer

i'm sorry i haven't been around to blogs. my computer hasn't been on for a week and a half now, just havent felt well enough. i wish i could comment from the psp i use but i can't. i haven't forgot about you guys though. hope you have a happy easter
Old 04-23-2011, 08:01 PM   #66
Forum Fanatic

Default Happy Easter

Happy Easter ladies!
Old 04-23-2011, 08:21 PM   #67
Rubber Obsessor

Yes, ditto here - have a Happy Easter!
Old 04-24-2011, 02:50 PM   #68
Gallery Gazer

i tried to stop by some blogs today and leave comments sorry if i missed you i wasn't on very long. hope you're having a nice easter
Old 04-26-2011, 07:48 PM   #69
Die Cut Diva

Hi ladies.....and hope everyone is getting off to a great start on this fabulous Tuesday!!!

I know I am.......let me tell you why........I haven't said much lately about my pinched nerve (or whatever) shoulder/arm/neck problem. It's actually a bearable pain now and I'm not having to take pain meds! However I still can't raise my left arm! Which means I can't blow dry my hair still and everyone is calling me "Spike"! SO, I saw a neurologist today and he said I did have the buldging disc and pinched nerve HOWEVER, he said that wasn't too bad and I could live with that for a while. The problem is something called Brachial Plexitis!!! (Leave it to me to come up with some unknown type of whatever!) Anyway, he said that with time ( like several months!!!), it should continue to get better, etc....which means no surgery and all that!!! WOO HOO!!!
Just had to tell everyone my good news..........

Have a great week.

Lynn
Old 04-27-2011, 02:33 AM   #70
Gallery Gazer

that's great news lynn!!!! glad you're feeling better
Old 04-28-2011, 03:44 AM   #71
Gallery Gazer

I visited everyone's blogs today and left some love. Marilyn yours was the only one I had trouble with so I don't want you to think I'm ignoring you lol. Its probably something on my end. Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:52 AM   #72
Rubber Obsessor

It could be because they are still working on it... don't really know what they are doing but it is in the process so that likely affected it.
Hope everyone is having a grand week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampnangel View Post
I visited everyone's blogs today and left some love. Marilyn yours was the only one I had trouble with so I don't want you to think I'm ignoring you lol. Its probably something on my end. Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:09 PM   #73
Die Cut Diva

When yall check my blog do you see the "followers'? The reason I'm asking.....for the last two weeks I haven't been able to see my followers and even when I clck on that in the dashboard I get nothing! I've already posed the question to "blogger" - along with about 300 other folks!!! Of course, no one is getting an answer..........Does anyone have any suggestions on this?????

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Lynn
Old 04-30-2011, 03:27 AM   #74
Pearl-ExPert

Lynn, I can see your followers! You have about 166 followers. I will be back to comment on your blog and the others.

My latest news is that I am going to retire at the end of this school year! I am excited and ready! After teaching for 35 years in first, second, and currently in third grade, I am ready to pursue other interests.

My class this year is fantastically fun, so I'll be going out with very fun and happy memories.

Old 04-30-2011, 01:37 PM   #75
Die Cut Diva

That's GREAT Paige! Yep, 35 years is a long time - but my hat's off to you! I think you have to be a very special person to be a teacher in these days and times!

Thanks for the info about my followers.....can't figure out why I can't see them. Someone said to maybe upgrade Explorer - but don't know how to do that. Blogger is SUPPOSE to be working on this but it's been going on for several weeks now.

Lynn
Old 05-02-2011, 06:24 PM   #76
Forum Fanatic

Hi ladies,
I have been running like a wild woman- glad to finally get to stop by! Carrie- are you still sick? Lynn, glad to hear you are feeling better- I had that really bad a few years ago....still have a little nag of it when I lift or sleep funny, but it is much better.
We have all three of the kids graduating this year- my son is done next Tuesday- he will be moving home, then has an internship in Breckenridge, California for the summer- he has to be there by 5/15...... My little one is taking AP tests and finals, and she graduates- she'll be heading to Michigan State, then my daughter at OSU graduates- she will have a week off then go on to grad school.
OMG- I just dropped by the SRU challenge blog- what a great job the group did with the BDD images- such great DT cards! Fun Fun!

Ok, off to accomplish something!
Hugs
Shelly
Old 05-06-2011, 10:06 AM   #77
Die Cut Diva

Just wanted to pop in and tell everyone to have a nice weekend - and if you're a Mom, have a nice Mother's Day too.
Lynn
Old 05-08-2011, 08:18 AM   #78
Forum Fanatic

Default Happy Sunday!

Celebrating Women today! If you are a Mother, Happy Mother's Day! If not a Mom, Happy Sunday and Celebrate you!!!

It is 60 here in Chicago and the sun is out. My allergies are really bad this year, so I am staying in alot....I slept in, so will go to 12 noon church, then take the dog for a walk in the Forest Preserve by us with hubby- my dog LOVES that. Then paper crafting! I am going to get out the Cricut and play with my Make the Cut software.......hopefully!

Hugs to all

Shelly
Old 05-10-2011, 03:10 AM   #79
Gallery Gazer

morning, hope all the moms had a great mothers day. i ended up at the docs monday after getting really sick sun. this sinus infection i've been battling finally got the best of me. i'm 2 different meds for 10 days. the doc said i should start to feel some relief in 5. i guess i won't let it go a month ever again.
2 wks ago my pc does auto updates and downloaded ie9 anyone else use it? i cant figure it out but i also haven't been on the pc since it did it, i just messed with it once.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:59 AM   #80
Die Cut Diva

Carrie, hope you start feeling better soon! That's no fun I know. When I was working I used to get that stuff about 3 times a year - and finally learned that as soon as I started to get it to go the doctor for meds! Hopefully whatever he gave you will work now.

IE9.....yep my computer did the same thing last week. After downloading it as it said to do I was really regretting it!!! Everything is just backwards!! I'm slowly muddling my way through it. The very first problem I had was that I couldn't post - anything!!! Went to Blogger for help and finally got that straightened out..and at the same time my "followers" appeared again! (they'd been missing for several weeks) I'm hearing that alot are having problems typing the text in a post now but really don't know what that's about.....guess I'll see if it's happening to me today. With the IE 9 I have these things pop up when I comment on some blogs saying the whole baby is shutting down - and then it lets me comment! I don't know...... Let me know if you figure out some of it.

Lynn