Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2014, 04:32 AM   #7881
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Ladies, I'm leaving a little later this morning and will be gone 5 days. I probably won't have time to check in while I'm gone.......... so I'll see you again the middle of next week! Hugs!!!
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
Come Chat with Me in the Chit Chat Forum
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-13-2014, 06:39 AM   #7882
Die Cut Diva

Morning everyone!

Jeanette, have a safe trip where ever you may go!

Darlene, that's so scary and so glad they discovered the problem so you can get it repaired now.

Gosh.......I just read all the previous posts and can't remember what all they said and if I try to go back will lose what I've already written! Duh! LOL!!

I've just been busy working ahead on getting some cards completed for some of the DT stuff, etc. I'm leaving on Saturday to go visit my daughter and the girls in Lubbock. Seven grueling hour drive but..........I'll be back on Tuesday evening sometime.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:47 AM   #7883
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
I have just banned DH!!

He is helping the neighbour with a blocked drain and he STINKS!! He's not allowed back until it is finished or he comes home for a shower - then there will be all his clothes to be washed!! Men - they aren't waiting for the plumber to arrive, gotta do it themselves!!

Sorry Jeanette - no sign of the card yet
I hope that DH was actually able to help the neighbor with the problem. So many times they just get in there and make it worse for the plumber when they eventually have to call him.

Yes, no stinking up the house!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 03-13-2014, 10:48 AM   #7884
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post

Ladies, I'm leaving a little later this morning and will be gone 5 days. I probably won't have time to check in while I'm gone.......... so I'll see you again the middle of next week! Hugs!!!
I hope that it's a fun time for you Jeanette! Safe travels.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-13-2014, 10:51 AM   #7885
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Morning everyone!

Jeanette, have a safe trip where ever you may go!

Darlene, that's so scary and so glad they discovered the problem so you can get it repaired now.

Gosh.......I just read all the previous posts and can't remember what all they said and if I try to go back will lose what I've already written! Duh! LOL!!

I've just been busy working ahead on getting some cards completed for some of the DT stuff, etc. I'm leaving on Saturday to go visit my daughter and the girls in Lubbock. Seven grueling hour drive but..........I'll be back on Tuesday evening sometime.
I hope you have a fun trip too to see your DD and grands. That is a long trip. Be careful.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-13-2014, 10:53 AM   #7886
Quacker Stamper

I need to go see my chiro. My neck has been popping a lot. Not sure what that is, but thought maybe it was out of alignment.

I did go to the orthopedist this morning. I do have bursitis in my right leg under my knee. I thought the bursa was under the kneecap, but that is where the Miniscus (sp?) is; the bursa is down further along the side of the leg. When she poked there, I about flew off of the table. It really hurt bad. The Mobic had done nothing to help that. I also had her look at my left arm and I have deltoid bursitis up there. She gave me shots in both places - the knee at the kneecap and in the bursa. Good news was that I don't have any arthritis in my knee. She said I won't need a knee replacement. And she said I had good strong legs. Wanted to know if I worked out. My shoulder is a little sore from the shots, so I took a couple Ibruprofen for that.

She did say if it wasn't better in a couple weeks to come back in, but that the shots should help and I should be feeling pretty good by Monday at the latest.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-13-2014, 10:59 AM   #7887
Die Cut Diva

Maggie, ouch! on those shots! But, if it makes you feel better that's all that matters. And great news on not having as knee replacement too!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:37 AM   #7888
Quacker Stamper

Update on the wallet issue. The asst. manager that I have been talking to was very rude and very uncooperative yesterday. I did speak to the B&T division yesterday and again requested that they send an officer out there because the AM wouldn't do what they told me to tell him to do. The officer called me when he was at the store and I told him the story about how the AM was not being cooperative, so I was able to give him some more information that he was going to pass to the AM and tell him to do it. Then he said that that Food Mart across the street where the card was first used might also have a security camera and he was going to go over and talk to them. He called me back when I was on my way home from work, but I didn't know it until I got home and there was no number to call him back. It just said "private number." I'm going to call the B&T Department later today to see if there is any news. At least I will know that I've done everything that I can to see if they can catch this person.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-13-2014, 12:19 PM   #7889
Pearl-ExPert

Morning girls - we are battening down for the remnants of the tropical cyclone this weekend - gale force winds and rain - could be interesting. I will be securing what I can in the garden today....

Maggie, DH was a qualified plumber/drainlayer/gasfitter before he became a Building Inspector - they did not make it worse, but did get a start before the plumber arrived and found the drain etc. Very messy job, but all good by early afternoon, and the men had a few laughs in the meantime, which is always good.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:03 PM   #7890
Pearl-ExPert

I have been outside and done all I can now to prepare for the rough weather, but now everything has gone quiet - no birds, only the cicadas and crickets... eerie - hope it is not an earthquake in the offing.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:17 PM   #7891
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I have been outside and done all I can now to prepare for the rough weather, but now everything has gone quiet - no birds, only the cicadas and crickets... eerie - hope it is not an earthquake in the offing.
Oh, Maxine, be safe!!!!! Do you have a shelter where you go for something like this? That is a creepy feeling when the birds quit chirping and the critters go quiet. It's like that when a hurricane is coming here. Sending up prayers for all of you that all is well and you'll come through this storm all in one piece.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-13-2014, 05:19 PM   #7892
Quacker Stamper

I was supposed to go to a women's social up at church tonight, but my left shoulder and upper arm are really sore from the shots I got earlier today. That PA wasn't kidding when she said I was going to be mad at her. It hurts just to move it. I took some Ibuprofen earlier today and I guess it's time to take some more. I'm wanting to work on a Sunshine Mail card. I don't always do the one on the 15th, but I need to be busy.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-13-2014, 06:27 PM   #7893
Quacker Stamper

When I got home tonight and went out to feed the kitties, there was a white cat sitting out on top of the fence in the corner. When I put food down it came in the yard to check it out. A couple of the kitties weren't too welcoming. When it came up close to me, I could see that it was pretty dirty and maybe had a wound. It's face was all dirty too. I decided that it needed to be looked at so I got the trap and cleaned it all out and went and got some wet food to put in it. I set it on the patio and the kitty pretty much just walked into it and set the trap off, so now it's locked in there. I called my vet to make an appointment to take it in there tomorrow to get it checked out. I want to make sure it doesn't have and disease before it interacts much with my kitties who, in fact, have stayed away tonight except for Glinda.

Oh, and speaking of coming home from work, I stopped by the cleaners to pick up my comforter and drop off some clothes and guess what - the comforter is still at the dry cleaners. I'm such a dunce. ? The girl brought it out and put it on the chair and then I paid for it and then she started writing up my clothes that I was dropping off and the comforter when completely out of my head because when I left, I just left it sitting there. Duh! You would have thought though that one of the ladies would have come after me when I went out the door and they saw that the comforter was still there. Guess I'll be stopping by tomorrow after work.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-14-2014, 04:11 AM   #7894
Gabfest Goddess

Hello my friends!

Maxine: sure hope that you are all safe and sound, that it wasn't an earthquake and that the cyclone passes without too much damage!

Maggie: sorry to hear about your painful shoulder and knee, glad it's not arthritis and no surgery is needed, but those shots - oh my!! {{healing hugs}}

What an unending saga about your wallet. It just makes me angry that other people can interrupt and interfere with our lives like that Grrrrrr.

Hopefully the white kitty is not badly off, it sounds like she really wants a home. Poor baby!

Lynn: wishing you a great trip this weekend!

Jeanette: sorry to miss saying goodbye to you, but wishing you the same.

Yeee-owwww, it's cold in my house, boiler hasn't run since 6:30 last night when I turned it on to take off the chill for dinner. Thank goodness it's supposed to warm up to the mid 30's today and only get down to the upper 20s tonight. Sure hoping that Monday they can install the new furnace.

My birds have been relocated to The Spa. Bijou was so funny, immediately down on the floor romping around with 2 of her bird-friendly dogs while two African Greys watched it all. Actually one decided to come and hang upside down from the bottom of my jacket and whistle up at me. She's such a joker!

At least I know that they are safe and comfortable while I deal with everything here.

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 03-14-2014, 04:58 AM   #7895
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcardmaking View Post
Hello my friends!

Maxine: sure hope that you are all safe and sound, that it wasn't an earthquake and that the cyclone passes without too much damage!

Maggie: sorry to hear about your painful shoulder and knee, glad it's not arthritis and no surgery is needed, but those shots - oh my!! {{healing hugs}}

What an unending saga about your wallet. It just makes me angry that other people can interrupt and interfere with our lives like that Grrrrrr.

Hopefully the white kitty is not badly off, it sounds like she really wants a home. Poor baby!

Lynn: wishing you a great trip this weekend!

Jeanette: sorry to miss saying goodbye to you, but wishing you the same.

Yeee-owwww, it's cold in my house, boiler hasn't run since 6:30 last night when I turned it on to take off the chill for dinner. Thank goodness it's supposed to warm up to the mid 30's today and only get down to the upper 20s tonight. Sure hoping that Monday they can install the new furnace.

My birds have been relocated to The Spa. Bijou was so funny, immediately down on the floor romping around with 2 of her bird-friendly dogs while two African Greys watched it all. Actually one decided to come and hang upside down from the bottom of my jacket and whistle up at me. She's such a joker!

At least I know that they are safe and comfortable while I deal with everything here.
Yikes! It must be really cold in your house with those outside temps. Do you have a space heater that you could move around to wherever you are to warm things up. I sure hope that the furnace does get installed on Monday. Glad that you have a warm spot for the birds and pets.

Happy Friday all!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-14-2014, 07:39 AM   #7896
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

OMGosh, hi girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I miss you! I'm struggling with trying to fit everything in and find some online time - blogging, visiting, etc! I haven't had a chance to sit and 'be me' and running to and from with no signs of stopping - too many irons in the fire, I suppose!

Darlene - so glad you were able to get the much needed help and with such generous souls! God is good indeed! Bijou sounds like much needed comic relief

Maggie - UGH. THat's all I can say. I've walked that walk and my best advice is to stay on top of it. No one will work harder on your case than you! Economic Crimes Divisions don't have enough man power or budget to get it all done so just keep on top of your credit, banks, etc - their philosophy sometimes is the bank will replace it but it goes so much beyond that. I built an entire case file around myself and carried it everywhere - EVERYWHERE - for 2 years. Now it's just in my car. If I am ever pulled over, random ID check, etc, I have it as ammunition. But my case was very severe, I am hoping yours is just a grab and use and toss!!! ((( hugs )))

Jeanette and Lynn - safe travels!

Maxine - praying your family is well ~ I tell you, I read the story on FB about that killer that was finally brought to justice and I had nightmares!!! Oh what a HORRID man. I hope they lock him up and throw away the key this time!!!!!!!!!!! Those poor boys and families. May justice be served.

HI Shelly!!!!!!! I hope you are doing great in your little corner of the globe! I saw on the news where Goodwill once again in IL found thousands of dollars in the pocket of donated clothes - I wondered if they might happened to be your hubbys', lol ........ imagine that! Such good people to turn it in and not just look the other way

Blessings to all - I have to shower and get out of the house to a meeting - hugs!!

Old 03-14-2014, 07:41 AM   #7897
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
I need to go see my chiro. My neck has been popping a lot. Not sure what that is, but thought maybe it was out of alignment.

I did go to the orthopedist this morning. I do have bursitis in my right leg under my knee. I thought the bursa was under the kneecap, but that is where the Miniscus (sp?) is; the bursa is down further along the side of the leg. When she poked there, I about flew off of the table. It really hurt bad. The Mobic had done nothing to help that. I also had her look at my left arm and I have deltoid bursitis up there. She gave me shots in both places - the knee at the kneecap and in the bursa. Good news was that I don't have any arthritis in my knee. She said I won't need a knee replacement. And she said I had good strong legs. Wanted to know if I worked out. My shoulder is a little sore from the shots, so I took a couple Ibruprofen for that.

She did say if it wasn't better in a couple weeks to come back in, but that the shots should help and I should be feeling pretty good by Monday at the latest.

WOOHOO for sexy legs!!! You go Maggie!

Maxine, how scary -- stay safe there, my friend! Yes, listen to those animals - they give us so great cues!

((( 'hugs! )))
Old 03-14-2014, 09:56 AM   #7898
Die Cut Diva

Maxine, stay safe!
Darlene, stay warm
Maggie, stay on top of the HPD
Kelly, STAY!!! LOL And slow down!

Shelly and Paige - hope all is going good with y'all.
Jeanette - hope you're going to have a good time!

I'm off in the morning and will probably be Wednesday before I check in again. Just a million things to get done today.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:59 AM   #7899
Pearl-ExPert

Morning all . So far it still has not rained, and the wind is still little more than a breeze. Things have slowed down, and also the centre of the storm has veered west a few degrees, but we will still be windy and wet - did I mention we need the rain? Thankfully the ground has stayed steady

Maggie you take it easy for a day or so - I have had one of those injections in a wrist, and I was not to use it for the next 48 hours or so, and yes, it was decidedly uncomfortable so that was easy to remember!

Darlene sounds as though those feathered friends of yours love the spa - what characters they are!!

Lynn - safe travel and enjoy your time away!!

Hugs all round! (sorry if they get a bit damp before they get to you)
Old 03-14-2014, 12:14 PM   #7900
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
OMGosh, hi girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I miss you! I'm struggling with trying to fit everything in and find some online time - blogging, visiting, etc! I haven't had a chance to sit and 'be me' and running to and from with no signs of stopping - too many irons in the fire, I suppose!

Darlene - so glad you were able to get the much needed help and with such generous souls! God is good indeed! Bijou sounds like much needed comic relief

Maggie - UGH. THat's all I can say. I've walked that walk and my best advice is to stay on top of it. No one will work harder on your case than you! Economic Crimes Divisions don't have enough man power or budget to get it all done so just keep on top of your credit, banks, etc - their philosophy sometimes is the bank will replace it but it goes so much beyond that. I built an entire case file around myself and carried it everywhere - EVERYWHERE - for 2 years. Now it's just in my car. If I am ever pulled over, random ID check, etc, I have it as ammunition. But my case was very severe, I am hoping yours is just a grab and use and toss!!! ((( hugs )))

Jeanette and Lynn - safe travels!

Maxine - praying your family is well ~ I tell you, I read the story on FB about that killer that was finally brought to justice and I had nightmares!!! Oh what a HORRID man. I hope they lock him up and throw away the key this time!!!!!!!!!!! Those poor boys and families. May justice be served.

HI Shelly!!!!!!! I hope you are doing great in your little corner of the globe! I saw on the news where Goodwill once again in IL found thousands of dollars in the pocket of donated clothes - I wondered if they might happened to be your hubbys', lol ........ imagine that! Such good people to turn it in and not just look the other way

Blessings to all - I have to shower and get out of the house to a meeting - hugs!!
I am keeping after it, but all I can do is check in with the HPD and see what they have been able to come up with. I tried calling the officer I talked to yesterday, but no answer on her phone. I'll try again after while or over the weekend. It is what it is. If nothing comes of it, then I've done all I can. I will be keeping a close eye on all my records and my purse from now on.

Hope you get a chance to rest over the weekend. I know your 24/7 busy as a bee.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-14-2014, 12:15 PM   #7901
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Maxine, stay safe!
Darlene, stay warm
Maggie, stay on top of the HPD
Kelly, STAY!!! LOL And slow down!

Shelly and Paige - hope all is going good with y'all.
Jeanette - hope you're going to have a good time!

I'm off in the morning and will probably be Wednesday before I check in again. Just a million things to get done today.
Have a fun time!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-14-2014, 12:18 PM   #7902
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Morning all . So far it still has not rained, and the wind is still little more than a breeze. Things have slowed down, and also the centre of the storm has veered west a few degrees, but we will still be windy and wet - did I mention we need the rain? Thankfully the ground has stayed steady

Maggie you take it easy for a day or so - I have had one of those injections in a wrist, and I was not to use it for the next 48 hours or so, and yes, it was decidedly uncomfortable so that was easy to remember!

Darlene sounds as though those feathered friends of yours love the spa - what characters they are!!

Lynn - safe travel and enjoy your time away!!

Hugs all round! (sorry if they get a bit damp before they get to you)
Glad to hear that the storm isn't quite so severe as first thought. Yes, I'm always thankful when we get rain since we went through a severe drought a few years ago. It was devestating to the whole area.

I did get in my stamp room last night and colored up an image that I have to get on the DT blog tonight. I've pulled the papers for it and just need to figure out how to put it together.

Tomorrow I have a hair appt again to get color done and then I'll be doing some house cleaning. I have have company coming for dinner on Sunday, so I need to figure out what I'm going to fix that won't be devastating to my diet.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-14-2014, 12:24 PM   #7903
Quacker Stamper

When I got home last night and went out to feed the kitties, there was a white cat up on the fence and jumped down into the yard to come see what kind of food I was serving. When I got up close to it, I noticed how dirty it was and looked like it had some old wounds and it's face was such a mess. I went and cleaned out the trap and put some wet food in it and set it on the patio. The kitty came and got right into it so I had it trapped over night out there. I did put a towel over it to keep the night air off. The other kitties took off. I don't know if it was the trap or the sick kitty that scared them, but they were not out there this morning either. I called the vet to make an appointment to take the cat in this morning to be checked over. It looked pretty sick to me. This morning when I went out I could tell that it had mange like the other 2 I had out there previously. When I went to the vet I told them that it just needed to be euthanized. I knew that there wasn't anything they could do for a stray cat. One like this would have to be inside and quarantined while it was being treated and I couldn't do that with the other 4 in the house. I was able to give it a little comfort before the deed was done and shed a few tears for the poor thing. People that own cats or any animal and not take care of it, just make my blood boil!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-15-2014, 08:42 PM   #7904
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello to all! I have been relaxing tonight and eating chocolate.....hehehehe Hubby is off to Nephews Bachelor party......

I will be making Corned Beef and Cabbage tomorrow- yummy! I do not make shortbread.... My BIL raises 4 cows, and when butchered, we get a portion of it- so the Corned beef- although a tough cut- is really good!

Darlene- Whoa- so glad you are OK- yes, God is watching over you alright! I hope for you warmer weather and may Monday get here soon!

Maggie- hope the soreness from the shots resolves quickly and that the bursitis resolves quickly! So sorry about the cat too- so sad : ( One of my co-workers told me today she has 5 dogs and 2 cars...... That is a ton of animals when you work 10 hour days!
Sounds like staying on top of the HPD is the only way anything will get accomplished!

Lynn- safe travels!

Maxine- hoping the storm gives you the much needed precipitation, but not the wind damage...

Kelly- Glad you had a minute to slow down and check in! How is your hand and how is your ear???

Jeanette- have a wonderful trip!

Waving hello to Paige! Off to walk the dog and then stamp a little bit!

Shelly
Old 03-16-2014, 11:12 AM   #7905
Quacker Stamper

Happy Sunday Stamp Addicts!

It's been another crazy weekend at my house. Last night when I was taking my shower, the bathtub started to back up. Icky! I was able to get done quickly and get out. It wasn't coming up too fast. Went and called the plumber and of course had to wait until this morning for him to come. 24/7 only means they answer the phone, not that someone is available to come to your house. He was supposed to be here between 8 - 10 and at 9:15 the company called and said he would be late. So I called by at 11:15 to find out how late. Well, he got there about 11:40 and was here until about 12:20. It was just a clogged drain which is what I thought, but needed to get cleaned out. Can't believe how much they charge you for something like that. He did give me $40 off and a container of drain cleaner to use every so often.

Meanwhile I forgot to do my OSAAT blog post last night, so I had to quick get that up on my blog this morning. Got around to doing all my commenting last night and finished up this morning.

While I was waiting for the plumber, I was going through my file cabinets and pulling out a ton of old stuff mostly credit card statements and receipts. I still have some more to go through, but I was able to get my desk cabinet all organized.

Gotta go finish up the laundry. I quit last night after the shower because I wasn't sure if the washer drain was involved also.

Sister missionaries coming for dinner tonight. I'm making a chicken/broccoli/rice casserole. Sounds so yummy. Can't wait.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-16-2014, 06:47 PM   #7906
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh - Maggie, I'm just as steamed as you with the animal abuse and neglect - it just tears at my heart and I cannot deal with it. I'm sorry to hear the kitty had to be put down. How heartbreaking.

I'm dealing with a slight issue with our brand new neighbors next door who we prayed would be a nice family after so long of the house being vacant. It was a foreclosure turned drug/homeless house or something - our other neighbor took it on as his life's mission to watch that house 24/7 and constantly call police. The drug addicts/homeless eventually gave up and it just sat empty with people picking the house apart little by little until it was stripped clean. We hoped a nice family we could be friendly with and meet esp with kids or teens would move in. Last week, after 3 years of being vacant and deplorable condition, a family bought it and moved in. NO such luck on the nice family dept They are STRANGE. We've tried to say hello and welcome them and they stare and turn around and walk away or go inside and close the door on our face. We've spoken English, Spanish ... just odd stares. He is Cuban, she is Asian. We KNOW they understand. The mailman confirmed it, lol. They are an middle aged couple with an adult daughter who appears to be Autistic - she's actually the only nice one! She comes to the fence and appears to have a speech problem but says she likes our yard, it looks like a playground. Sweet girl ♥

Long story short - a week before they brought an older puppy to the yard and left. Literally. No food. No water. Just left. Day after day, no food. no water. He would drink from the pool which look like Everglades swamp water, I kid you not! I was steamed. I brought him bits of dry food to the fence and he'd eat it up like he'd never seen food. We'd put a bowl of water over the fence and upright it, then fill it with water. He'd drink like it was the Sahara oustide. The girl said they just got him and he doesn't even have a name. in her words: "We just call him boy". He's appx 8 months old and a mix between a Boxer and hound of some sort - just as sweet as can be!!! We just adore him, gentle soul and a tail wagger The week he was there, he was happy and greeted us every day at the fence, wagging his tail. Since they moved in, he is terrified of them. He looks over his shoulder constantly and if he sees them, esp the man, he hits the ground like a beaten dog. Once, I saw the man lift up a plastic bat or plastic tube of some sort and yell at him, and hovered over him and I just GASPED "no" out loud - he heard me, looked at me, put it down and went in the house. I shouted "excuse me! Hello! can I talk to you" to try to talk to him - WTH!!! If you didn't want the dog, why did you get him!! It's a shame. My heart goes out to that poor pup and I swear, I am ONE PHONE CALL AWAY from calling animal control. I told the girl (who keeps coming to the fence but either forgets what she says or says the same thing over and over saying she doesn't know the dogs name or he doesn't have one - bless her heart, she is a hard one to communicate with but the parents refuse to come out or meet us or talk, what are you - Witness Protection People???)

I so want that dog. He's screaming to be loved. When they leave for the day, he used to run to the fence and wags his tail and greet us so happy (all the while looking over his shoulder). I think this is their 2nd or 3rd full week in the house. Now yesterday, the new thing is the cage that showed up - apparently he is now locked in a metal cage all the time on the back porch. I was thinking I was going to go out there with a camera and take pictures since apparently we aren't getting anywhere being 'neighbors' anyway, LOL. My dh says don't - or one day the dog will just disappear all together. At least now, we can 'help him' though I don't know how we are helping in any way? UGH. I'm sorry. TMI, I'm sure. It just bugs me so so so much.

Okay, sorry I went on a tangent! Animal rescue is my platform. If I were ever wealthy enough .............. sniff, sniff. Maggie you are truly my hero. I applaud you for doing all that you do ♥

In other news -- Maxine, I'm glad you are doing well and weathered the storm!!

I hope everyone is traveling well, enjoying visits, getting crafty! I was able to make a few more cards this weekend and get a swap done so that was 10 more cards right there. I always have to be ahead of the game or I'd be in trouble. Maggie, I have forgotten posts before or woken up and realized 'oh no, posting for the DT is TODAY?" eeek!!

I'm going to snuggle in with a bubble bath and then catch up on a book!
I'll see you all in the morning ♥

Old 03-16-2014, 07:12 PM   #7907
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hi

I had some fun and was creative today- made my DT CAS and made a couple of other cards- yep- finally got cards done for Kelly for Feb! Yikes! I would love to try to get ahead with DT work- I did that before Asia, so need to work on it now again. I am so last minute!

Maggie- glad your bathtub was not something really bad and even though you had to wait at home, was not a bigger issue.

Kelly- poor poochie! It is hard to see those people on Facebook posting awful pics of animals being abused- even harder to see it day in and day out.....

TOTW- do you feel strongly about keeping your stamps clean? What do you clean them with? Do you care if the rubber on your stamps is discolored?

Oh- I told the boss I want to change my schedule and not follow up on my desk partners charts- way too much work! Sucks though- I have to change my schedule because another nurse does not do her job correctly......

Shelly
Old 03-17-2014, 06:18 AM   #7908
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh what a great DOTW - as for me, I'm hit or miss, lol. I'm a clean freak - I like things neat and in an orderely fashion. I don't like messes or disorganization.

But with my stamps, and the Cabana, it's like the one place were I don't really push the envelope. I try to clean my stamps, but if I'm rushing and can't, it's okay Some are miscolored because when I first started stamping, I used a lot of the wrong inks and they were permanently stained.

That's crazy that you have to do other nurses charts!? I hope you get the resolution you want!

Hugs for all - off to the post office and grocery store!

Old 03-17-2014, 01:00 PM   #7909
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
Oh - Maggie, I'm just as steamed as you with the animal abuse and neglect - it just tears at my heart and I cannot deal with it. I'm sorry to hear the kitty had to be put down. How heartbreaking.

I'm dealing with a slight issue with our brand new neighbors next door who we prayed would be a nice family after so long of the house being vacant. It was a foreclosure turned drug/homeless house or something - our other neighbor took it on as his life's mission to watch that house 24/7 and constantly call police. The drug addicts/homeless eventually gave up and it just sat empty with people picking the house apart little by little until it was stripped clean. We hoped a nice family we could be friendly with and meet esp with kids or teens would move in. Last week, after 3 years of being vacant and deplorable condition, a family bought it and moved in. NO such luck on the nice family dept They are STRANGE. We've tried to say hello and welcome them and they stare and turn around and walk away or go inside and close the door on our face. We've spoken English, Spanish ... just odd stares. He is Cuban, she is Asian. We KNOW they understand. The mailman confirmed it, lol. They are an middle aged couple with an adult daughter who appears to be Autistic - she's actually the only nice one! She comes to the fence and appears to have a speech problem but says she likes our yard, it looks like a playground. Sweet girl ♥

Long story short - a week before they brought an older puppy to the yard and left. Literally. No food. No water. Just left. Day after day, no food. no water. He would drink from the pool which look like Everglades swamp water, I kid you not! I was steamed. I brought him bits of dry food to the fence and he'd eat it up like he'd never seen food. We'd put a bowl of water over the fence and upright it, then fill it with water. He'd drink like it was the Sahara oustide. The girl said they just got him and he doesn't even have a name. in her words: "We just call him boy". He's appx 8 months old and a mix between a Boxer and hound of some sort - just as sweet as can be!!! We just adore him, gentle soul and a tail wagger The week he was there, he was happy and greeted us every day at the fence, wagging his tail. Since they moved in, he is terrified of them. He looks over his shoulder constantly and if he sees them, esp the man, he hits the ground like a beaten dog. Once, I saw the man lift up a plastic bat or plastic tube of some sort and yell at him, and hovered over him and I just GASPED "no" out loud - he heard me, looked at me, put it down and went in the house. I shouted "excuse me! Hello! can I talk to you" to try to talk to him - WTH!!! If you didn't want the dog, why did you get him!! It's a shame. My heart goes out to that poor pup and I swear, I am ONE PHONE CALL AWAY from calling animal control. I told the girl (who keeps coming to the fence but either forgets what she says or says the same thing over and over saying she doesn't know the dogs name or he doesn't have one - bless her heart, she is a hard one to communicate with but the parents refuse to come out or meet us or talk, what are you - Witness Protection People???)

I so want that dog. He's screaming to be loved. When they leave for the day, he used to run to the fence and wags his tail and greet us so happy (all the while looking over his shoulder). I think this is their 2nd or 3rd full week in the house. Now yesterday, the new thing is the cage that showed up - apparently he is now locked in a metal cage all the time on the back porch. I was thinking I was going to go out there with a camera and take pictures since apparently we aren't getting anywhere being 'neighbors' anyway, LOL. My dh says don't - or one day the dog will just disappear all together. At least now, we can 'help him' though I don't know how we are helping in any way? UGH. I'm sorry. TMI, I'm sure. It just bugs me so so so much.

Okay, sorry I went on a tangent! Animal rescue is my platform. If I were ever wealthy enough .............. sniff, sniff. Maggie you are truly my hero. I applaud you for doing all that you do ♥

In other news -- Maxine, I'm glad you are doing well and weathered the storm!!

I hope everyone is traveling well, enjoying visits, getting crafty! I was able to make a few more cards this weekend and get a swap done so that was 10 more cards right there. I always have to be ahead of the game or I'd be in trouble. Maggie, I have forgotten posts before or woken up and realized 'oh no, posting for the DT is TODAY?" eeek!!

I'm going to snuggle in with a bubble bath and then catch up on a book!
I'll see you all in the morning ♥

Oh, sounds like spooky neighbors to me. There is a sit com on TV that reminds me of this. I've only watched it a couple times, but it's a human family and their neighbors are aliens (as in outer space).

I hear you about the animals too. There are people in my neighborhood that let their dogs run and they are not supposed to. We have a leash law, but they do it anyway. There is one poor dog that always looks so bedraggled and will be out in all kinds of weather. I've reported them before a couple of times, but I heard something the other day that says they really can't do anything about it unless it's a vicious or dangerous dog and this one isn't - just barks at everyone. I'm so afraid it's going to be hit by a car one day because it will just lay out in the middle of the street. I've noticed now that there are a couple other small dogs that I see wandering up and down the street.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-17-2014, 01:03 PM   #7910
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
I had some fun and was creative today- made my DT CAS and made a couple of other cards- yep- finally got cards done for Kelly for Feb! Yikes! I would love to try to get ahead with DT work- I did that before Asia, so need to work on it now again. I am so last minute!

Maggie- glad your bathtub was not something really bad and even though you had to wait at home, was not a bigger issue.

Kelly- poor poochie! It is hard to see those people on Facebook posting awful pics of animals being abused- even harder to see it day in and day out.....

TOTW- do you feel strongly about keeping your stamps clean? What do you clean them with? Do you care if the rubber on your stamps is discolored?

Oh- I told the boss I want to change my schedule and not follow up on my desk partners charts- way too much work! Sucks though- I have to change my schedule because another nurse does not do her job correctly......

Shelly
Yes, I am glad that it was just a clogged drain and now I have some drain cleaner to use for it. I'm not sure if once a month is good enough or not.

Hope you can get things worked out for your schedule. I would not want to have to do extra work because someone else isn't either. Not fair.

TOTW - When I use stamps, I do like to keep them clean and I clean them after each use. If I use SU ink pads, then I use SU stamp cleaner, otherwise I use Rubber Stamp Cleaner that I buy at Michael's or Stazon cleaner. Both work really well.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-17-2014, 02:05 PM   #7911
Pearl-ExPert

Hi girls - (Ex tropical cyclone) Lusi turned out to be a bit of a damp squib - not that much wind here, and not enough rain, although there is more forecast for this week, starting today with showers. In the middle of it we had two Monarch Butterfly caterpillars go into chrysalis', and a third start, and then come off the leaf, so we bought it inside and it did change, but I am not hopeful that it will be ok.

I tried to craft on Sunday, all day, and what a day - one quite simple card in the end.... we had a visitor in the afternoon, which took time, but I was trying to use a new die and it just does not cut in the centre - very frustrating and time consuming it is Couture Creations and has lots of holes in it - would be fabulous to work with if it cut properly.

Yesterday afternoon I got three cards made - including a background I made on Sunday and didn't use. With the trip to DD's, and then the short month last month I am a bit behind, so it is back to the studio today.... what a life

Kelly that is horrible - we have dogs in our street that are a pain with their barking, but on the whole they are well cared for... Animal control are pretty good at responding to calls.

Maggie the main problem with your drain could be loose hair and conditioner - I had a 'shower over bath' situation that used to block, so every once in a while when it slowed I would get the hose and shove it up the pipe and run it (hard) and it was amazing what it would dislodge (Pretty yucky) - DH was not that happy about that as he was afraid I would dislodge a pipe, but I never did

Shelly that work situation sounds really frustrating - you are there to nurse, not do other peoples paper work - you have enough with your own.

Better go and sort out the last of the housework and get back into the studio while I can... the rain has started both the lawns and the weeds to grow, so will need to be outside when the weather improves.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:07 PM   #7912
Pearl-ExPert

Yes I do clean my stamps - just routine to me now - often just with a squirt of water and a wipe with a towel, but I do have a Tsukineo cleaner ... some are stained form my early days with no cleaner, just water, but overall they are pretty clean.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:25 AM   #7913
Swapper of the Month March 2013

I'm home... exhausted (only 2 hours of sleep last night)... but home!

I've read the thread but won't try to comment to everyone, since I'm sleep deprived and will surely forget. I'm sorry!

I will say this - Kelly, your neighbors are horrible! No animal should be treated like that!

About cleaning stamps - I clean them every time, but many are still discolored/stained from use. Maybe I need to use a different cleaner.
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
Come Chat with Me in the Chit Chat Forum
Old 03-18-2014, 06:29 AM   #7914
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Hi girls - (Ex tropical cyclone) Lusi turned out to be a bit of a damp squib - not that much wind here, and not enough rain, although there is more forecast for this week, starting today with showers. In the middle of it we had two Monarch Butterfly caterpillars go into chrysalis', and a third start, and then come off the leaf, so we bought it inside and it did change, but I am not hopeful that it will be ok.

I tried to craft on Sunday, all day, and what a day - one quite simple card in the end.... we had a visitor in the afternoon, which took time, but I was trying to use a new die and it just does not cut in the centre - very frustrating and time consuming it is Couture Creations and has lots of holes in it - would be fabulous to work with if it cut properly.

Yesterday afternoon I got three cards made - including a background I made on Sunday and didn't use. With the trip to DD's, and then the short month last month I am a bit behind, so it is back to the studio today.... what a life

Kelly that is horrible - we have dogs in our street that are a pain with their barking, but on the whole they are well cared for... Animal control are pretty good at responding to calls.

Maggie the main problem with your drain could be loose hair and conditioner - I had a 'shower over bath' situation that used to block, so every once in a while when it slowed I would get the hose and shove it up the pipe and run it (hard) and it was amazing what it would dislodge (Pretty yucky) - DH was not that happy about that as he was afraid I would dislodge a pipe, but I never did

Shelly that work situation sounds really frustrating - you are there to nurse, not do other peoples paper work - you have enough with your own.

Better go and sort out the last of the housework and get back into the studio while I can... the rain has started both the lawns and the weeds to grow, so will need to be outside when the weather improves.
Glad that the storm wasn't worse than it was, but sorry that it didn't produce a lot of rain.

My sis and one of my niece's have plants to attract caterpillers that become butterflies. They love doing that. The young kids and the old ones too like to watch them develop.

I was going to do some crafting last night, but after having some visitors for an hour and then on the phone with my sis for almost an hour, it was late and I decided to just go to bed. My sis called to tell me our younger brother was going to have surgery this week. He's a quadraplegic from a road rage auto accident about 4-5 years ago. Please keep him in your prayers if you will.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-18-2014, 06:29 AM   #7915
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post
I'm home... exhausted (only 2 hours of sleep last night)... but home!

I've read the thread but won't try to comment to everyone, since I'm sleep deprived and will surely forget. I'm sorry!

I will say this - Kelly, your neighbors are horrible! No animal should be treated like that!

About cleaning stamps - I clean them every time, but many are still discolored/stained from use. Maybe I need to use a different cleaner.
Welcome home Jeanette!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-18-2014, 11:08 AM   #7916
Stazon Splitcoast

Top of the Morning ladies! (I am full of corned beef and cabbage- and it is really afternoon, but I am full of Blarney.....hehehehe).

Maxine- glad you are safe and not experiencing damage from the high winds- hoping the gardens are all OK!

Maggie- I will keep your brother in prayers- how devastating for him to have such injuries from Road Rage!!!

Welcome home Jeanette!!! Get some sleep and come inspire us with stories about your trip!

I am not a clean freak, but I like things organized...I would rather have a pile to put away where it belongs- when I get to it, and have it where I can find it. I saw an ad for a lady selling stamps and she made a big deal (IMO) about how they were cleaned and whether there was any staining on them..... I clean my stamps but some are stained- eg if I use stazon...

OK- I have been having issues with Modzilla- it flickers and blinks on/off- hubby told me to try other browsers, so I tried Chrome and Eplorer. On Modzilla, when I am on my blog, I can click on the icon up LT or new post to go to my dashboard- It carries down all of the latest posts from Blogs I follow and I can post new blog posts or moderate comments. I am unable to do any of the above with IE- not sure HOW people use this!!!

Also, chrome is OK- but way slower...... Ok- I will use a variety of the three and see how it goes. What browser do you use and if IE- how do you access your Dashboard- or the comment/post side of your blog???

Have a great Tuesday!

Shelly
Old 03-18-2014, 11:14 AM   #7917
Stazon Splitcoast

Shel, funny you should mention that, I've been having some strange things going on with Blogger! To answer your Q, I use Google Chrome. I used to use Firefox but the new pc and/or my daughter programed it back to Chrome, which I love.

I was sent an invite 4 times to a DT blog and it won't open up - for just me, lol. And following new blogs is giving me fits, too - it says error over and over even though there isn't one. I dunno .......... I cleared my cookies (ha, literally - last night was double chocolate chunk! Oh me oh my!) But back to the pc cookies, that didn't work either ........ so I'm back to I dunno ........ LOL! I hope yours clears up!!

Good news! The doggie was running around the yard today! I went out to feed 'the farm' as I call them and saw him running thru the yard tossing a bucket up in the air and playing with it ... I was like thank you, Jesus! I snuck back in before he/they saw me (a car was home) so no one has to know, LOL!
Old 03-18-2014, 01:45 PM   #7918
Die Cut Diva

I'm back and will attempt to catch up later with everyone. LONG drive but here I am! LOL
Old 03-18-2014, 06:57 PM   #7919
Pearl-ExPert

Nice to see all are back and 'here' - if not caught up - great news

Lovely sunny day here and I should be mowing the lawns, but I had a very good book - now finished... I spent the last couple of days making 6 cards - some were really quick and others fought me, but I won .
Old 03-18-2014, 07:25 PM   #7920
Stazon Splitcoast

Yeah for the dog getting out of the cage! Wahoo!

Lynn- Welcome back!

Maxine- I have some pics and a step by step to share on how I cut out intricate dies.

#1 Eat dinner at Chipotle (hehehe)
#2 My Cutting machine has one side that cuts better than the other (the LT). That will help you when you cut- place the die over towards the Lt then...... Place the cut out of the Chipolte tin over the die- which is face down on my cardstock
#3 run it thru
It needs more - did not cut well- turn the plate around so the die is over towards the Rt- so the side that was not towards the Lt is now on the Lt.
#4 I add 2 or 3 pieces of cardstock shims. Mine have been used a lot, so are flatter....
#5 This is what I get- I have run this thru (back and forth) twice to get this cut.........

1Chipoltedinner.jpg

chipolte2.jpg

Chipolte3.jpg

chipolte4.jpg

Chipolte5.jpg

Hope this helps!

Shelly