Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2014, 05:16 PM   #7681
Pearl-ExPert

hi all,

Yp - I have been lying low - a combination of reasons - gardening, a migraine and DH using my computer as there is a cricket test on and he like to follow it online as we don't subscribe to pay TV... anyway I am still alive and kicking

What gets my mojo going?? arghhhh - time lines for orders to be out mainly, and sometimes just the joy of crafting Oh, once in a while new goodies too help.

Maggie sounds as though you eventually had a good weekend, albeit not what you had planned.

Kelly I hope you have had a couple of quieter days this weekend.

Darlene I am so glad for your sake that you did not loose power You must be well and truly looking forward to spring!

Jeanette - Great to hear the women's conference went well, and congrats on the DT - I tried too but you beat me - well done ... I am applying for a local (NZ) one now.

Shelly I hope your system soon learns to sleep normally again.

Hugs all round.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-16-2014, 05:53 PM   #7682
Die Cut Diva

Ah, Mojo.........I think what gets mine going is seeing a sketch I like or a challenge. Also new goodies usually do the trick too. Today the mojo is not even peeking it's little head around the corner! I got an image colored yesterday and cut it out with a circle die - and there it sits. I've tried all day long to come up with something and nothing is clicking!
Old 02-17-2014, 04:27 AM   #7683
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Friends!

How "on" the world are you?

Oh Maxine! I'm so sorry you didn't make the team. You would have been an AWESOME choice!!! Thanks so much for your sweet words!

Lynn, great tip for lost mojo - GO SHOPPING! LOL! I love it!!!
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: The Forest in the Fall
Old 02-17-2014, 08:58 AM   #7684
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Good morning, all! Off to the dr - unexpectedly. I have a horrendous ear infection I have all my life - long story, lol. but this weekend it flared up. They will call me back if they can squeeze me in ~ hoping to avoid a trip to the ER as with the new "Obamacare" our insurance went up ridiculously It's like a stopped up sinus nose, but in my ear!

Shelly! Congrats on your Mark's Finest Papers win - twice! I saw you were the winner as the blog hop and card challenge - YOU GO GIRL!! Your cards are beautiful!

Lynn, have a wonderful trip - I'm on a buying freeze with Jeanette, hee hee ... is our 100 days up yet?! Lots of good stuff out there! LOL! I find Sunday nights are my mojo nights - don't know why, maybe it's the quiet after a busy Sunday dinner, dishes, etc ... I got out to the Cabana and they all watch tv

Hugs for all!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 02-17-2014, 04:01 PM   #7685
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
Good morning, all! Off to the dr - unexpectedly. I have a horrendous ear infection I have all my life - long story, lol. but this weekend it flared up. They will call me back if they can squeeze me in ~ hoping to avoid a trip to the ER as with the new "Obamacare" our insurance went up ridiculously It's like a stopped up sinus nose, but in my ear!

Shelly! Congrats on your Mark's Finest Papers win - twice! I saw you were the winner as the blog hop and card challenge - YOU GO GIRL!! Your cards are beautiful!

Lynn, have a wonderful trip - I'm on a buying freeze with Jeanette, hee hee ... is our 100 days up yet?! Lots of good stuff out there! LOL! I find Sunday nights are my mojo nights - don't know why, maybe it's the quiet after a busy Sunday dinner, dishes, etc ... I got out to the Cabana and they all watch tv

Hugs for all!
Hope you were able to get in to see the doctor and that you're on the mend.

Congrats Shelly! Great news.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 02-17-2014, 06:00 PM   #7686

Oh Kelly, I'm sorry you're dealing with the pain of a nasty ear ache. Praying the doctor saw you and that you are already on the mend!

Congratulations, Shelly!

Hi Maggie!

Old 02-17-2014, 09:18 PM   #7687
Forum Fanatic

Default Hello!

I wrote a huge long post last night and poof! So I am chicken now : )

I saw a promotion on Amazon for sign up for an Amazon Visa and get a $50.00 gift card.....so I bought the Cameo electronic cutter. I will play around with it when it comes later this week and send you all a file I cut- we can have one of those challenges where everyone makes something with the supplies they get......

I ran down to Archivers- missed the sale (prob a good thing) and the store was bare....I got three things- one TH stamp set and 2 acrylic cases for dies and a TH distress paint- for $3.70...... It was so sad- so sad that it closed.....

I worked today- boss said eventually she is going to change the schedule so I do not have an entire week off anymore- too hard for others to follow up on charts when the person that did it is gone.

Went out to dinner and relaxed last PM with friends. I have to try to get my DT cards done before Sundays so we can have some fun on the weekends..... I tend to procrastinate.....

I am going to send this and write some more....

Shelly
Old 02-17-2014, 09:26 PM   #7688
Pearl-ExPert

Hi - I am now on a buying freeze - having visited the local stamp manufacterers this afternoon ... ( Kiwistamping )

I did get four new stamps and two new inks and some tape and a die set...

I have posted a card using one of the stamps this afternoon.

Shelly it won't be nice if you don't get the occasional rostered week off

Kelly I do hope you get in to see the Dr and get the right meds for a rapid recovery.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:34 PM   #7689
Forum Fanatic

Default baack : 0

Kelly- sorry to hear about your ear.....ouch! Did you make it to the beach? Did you get your ear wet??? Hoping you get in with the doc ASAP!

Maggie- sounds like another nutty weekend- would love that recipe- hubby loves Pork and I like sauces on Pork (as it is not my favorite meat....). Glad you had a fun meal and a good weekend.

Maxine- sorry for your headache- hoping it resolves quickly! Bet you have beautiful flowers blossoming in your garden! I love seeing all of the techniques you have been creating : )

Thanks for the heads up about the MFP Blog Hop.....those Foo dogs are all over Asia.... Maybe I'll make a card for my daughter- they scare away evil spirits I think.....

So Jeanette- glad the woman's conference went well- how gratifying! And you and Kelly- not spending crafting $$$ till the 100 days are over- I should put myself on that challenge next year!

Darlene, did you get more snow today??? We got about 6" of snow today- it is beautiful, hubby is soooooo sick of the snow and cold though. It is going to be 40 tomorrow- above freezing for the next 3 days- then will freeze again. Worries about flooding here though.

Lynn- I see you mentioned something new again on the blog I had never hear of before- Fantastix Frost - what is that? I have never sen the wink of Stella pens in a store yet.....still.....

I get inspiration visually- blog hopping and also challenges- esp to add ribbons, lace, buttons, etc.....

Talk to you later! Gotta get to bed!

Shelly
Old 02-18-2014, 04:09 AM   #7690

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Oh Shelly, how fun! I'm glad your found a bargain on your Cameo purchase and hope you will love it! I'm sorry you won't be getting a work week scheduled free So sad. Ummmmmmm... and about no spending. Please don't believe everything Kelly tells you. LOL! For me, it's I won't use anything I purchase new on the cards for the the 100 Cards in 100 Days Challenge - since Sale-a-Bration falls in the first 100 days of the year and I don't want to miss it unless I want to miss it. LOL! Truthfully I haven't seen the catalog IRL yet, so don't know if I'll make a purchase or not, but I've allowed myself permission to do so.

Maxine, I loved the link to your LSS. Fun!

Old 02-18-2014, 06:11 AM   #7691
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi girls - hope today has some sunshine for you!!

No beach here - my ds said he wasn't up for it and as much as my heart wanted to be there, my ear was not! I didn't get to the dr - wahhhh! My dh actually gave me some antibiotics so hopefully it will clear up quickly. That's pretty much what my apt would have been. I did, however, get to take dd9 to the dentist as it seems she has some teeth issues- anyone familiar with teeth grinding at night?? I was floored. The dentist told her she grinds them so badly at night, they are giving her a mouth guard. She's worn down the enamel to some of her teeth - crazy!

YAY Shelly on your new purchase!!

So my plans for the long weekend didn't quite go as planned but that's okay - busy week ahead and today is the only day I'm home for a little while, so I'm ENJOYING it!!
I hope you all are as well!
x0x0

Old 02-18-2014, 06:58 AM   #7692

Kelly, my dad used to be a horrible teeth grinder. It would even wake me at night sometimes when I was a child. I am glad your dentist is on top of this and protecting your DD's teeth.

Take care... and give the meds time to heal your ear.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:58 AM   #7693
Die Cut Diva

Kelly, sorry about the ear and hope it's getting better now. Teeth grinding! I went though several years of doing that and actually wore out two mouth guards - kept chewing them up! I don't seem to do it as much anymore but my mouth would actually hurt in the morning for it all.

Shelly, that's great about the Cameo! Can't wait to see what all you do with it now. That Frost White paint.....I have no idea what exactly it is! LOL! I won it in some blog candy about a year ago. It really does shimmer though once you paint it on something. Haven't played with it a lot.

I've been pretty much on a no buying kick except for supplies I need. I tend to come and go in spurts on all that. There's just so much out there it's a little overwhelming! Too much to chose from!
Old 02-18-2014, 10:16 AM   #7694
Forum Fanatic

Default Hello!

Kelly- yikes- hope the antibiotics clear up the ear issue quickly! Oh grinding....I do that...... The bottom line for me is- my bite is really off, and I grind to try to make my teeth match up. Orthodontists are better at identifying it no, and I have a mouth guard that makes my bite correct. It has affected my jaw very badly, so I have trouble opening up my mouth wide for a long time- eg....getting a crown at the dentist, and if I have surgery, need fiberoptic intubation...... It is only painful if it pops out of place- eg if I eat a large hamburger.... I am not supposed to chew gum and I am supposed to avoid chewy candies, etc..... I have a sister that had braces, and still has the issue. When you sit next to her when she is eating, you can hear her jaw pop...it does not bother her at all....

Oh Jeanette, I have not seen the SAB flier yet either. I decided...over the years I HAD to have certain SAB sets- they are always available later for like $5.00.....so I am going to hold off unless I go to a workshop....I have SOOOooooooo much stuff between Sweet Stamps and the Technique Junkies new stamp line - formerly Stamp Camp- I need to make cards and more new stamps will just stress me out that I ma not creating with them.... Plus, I have not used the images from Su that I bougt the last 2 times I purchased them...maybe even three..... (supporting a friend that is a SU demo....).

As for work hours- it may just as well be a good thing with the Fibromyalgia- it is pretty tough to work all of those days in a row, and might be easier to break it up and so I am not totally disappointed. I am not sure when it will change- maybe after summer vacations?......

Off to get the dog walked and get creative! It is 40 here today! Yippee- nice day for a long walk!

Have a great day!
Shelly
Old 02-18-2014, 11:38 AM   #7695
Stazon Splitcoast

40 degrees .. Miami would be hunkered down and acting like it was a hurricane YAY for warmer temps!

thank you ALL so much for sharing your teeth stories! LOL! This is new to me ~ hopefully her mouth guard will do the trick. As my mom used to say ... "if it's not one thing, it's your brother!" Hee hee!

Shel, I'm sorry to hear about your work and your Fibro. My SIL has that, and it's so hard for her some days. She went on disability for awhile it was so severe. Hugs to you, dear. Did I tell you my dd has been scouting out Nursing schools? Yes, the teeth grinder dd She fears she will not get into the one where she attends college - it's SO competitive! Between her grades not being stellar and missing a prerequisite (language, they make you take one full year at college, too - even though you fulfilled it in high school) .... she has to look elsewhere, including out of Miami. Which I honestly in my heart think is the smartest, best move. But dh says absolutely not. That means an apt, job, traveling, etc ... I can't imagine what's going to happen when dd17 applies to colleges next year if her sister can't go and she's the oldest! I pray for these kids, I tell you.

I have to make the blog rounds - forgive me. I'm curious to know about Frost White

Thing is with buying things, that's what got me in trouble! LOL! I have WAY TOO MUCH STUFF. I'm impulsive with crafts. I see it, I want it My dh's philosophy was buy it, sweetheart - you never do anything for yourself. Which is sweet! But then, my Cabana ranneth over, LOL! I just force myself to use what is here. I'm dangerously low on cardstock - Im' missing like 4 important colors. So for that, it's a necessity - ahem ... SU! here I come ........
Old 02-18-2014, 11:42 AM   #7696

I love this group....... you are all such fun! Have you noticed what friendships we have... we gather here and chat. THANK YOU for being the chattiest blog group I know!

Old 02-18-2014, 02:29 PM   #7697
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey! My dad always said I talked too much!

Nice to know it's appreciated ....... hee hee ........
Old 02-18-2014, 02:45 PM   #7698
Pearl-ExPert

I too was known as a chatter box when I was younger.... not so much these days, unless I am with a group of women......
Old 02-18-2014, 06:42 PM   #7699
Die Cut Diva

Kelly, about all I can tell you about that Frost White stuff is that's it from Fantastix. I've never researched it or anything and don't know if it comes in other colors or what. It really does shine though!!

I love our group too! Wouldn't trade anything in the world for it!

I need more card stock too! Has anyone ordered any of the new Simon Says Stamp card stock yet? Just wondering what it was like - but know that SU is less expensive. I did buy one of the ink colors but not the paper. Want to see what it's like because to be honest, I'll just not real pleased with SU and especially their new ink pads! I make a mess every time I use one and only tap the stamp on it about 2 times - and still make a mess.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:36 AM   #7700

Old 02-19-2014, 06:36 AM   #7701
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning!

Lynn, I just saw that banner yesterday So if you order, let me know how you like it! I LOVE LOVE LOVE PTI cardstock. I rarely NOT order it from there, but will order from SU as well, but have to have a big enough order to make it worthwhile. I don't have the new ink pads from SU - I still have a ton of the In Color Ones from the past 4-5 releases and for some reason, always reach for the black? LOL! It's rare that I use colored ink.

YAY for Maxine being a chatterbox with me!!! I'm in GOOD company!! I still am, mostly ... lol. I talk to everyone. Drives me kids crazy. Sometimes I see the other person giving me that smile like Lady, be quiet and I am quiet and stop talking, lol. But amazingly, so many people return the conversation like they've been waiting for someone to talk to I'm a people person, I guess. When I was younger, my dad would say I'd talk to a tree stump if no one else was around, LOL! I think he was right :P

So what did you get in your travels to the city - did you find some goodies yesterday?
mschoener and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:06 AM   #7702
Die Cut Diva

Here's a link for that Fantastix ink stuff: Tsukineko high quality inks and inkpads for your crafting projects I'm thinking it's probably comparable to Creative Inspirations Paint but don't know that for a fact. I only have the bottle I won in the blog candy.

I ordered one of the new Simon stamp pads but haven't gotten it yet. Will let you know how it is. They're so slow with getting their orders out it's not even funny!

Kelly and Maxine - y'all aren't chatter boxes - just fun to be around!
Old 02-19-2014, 07:21 AM   #7703
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Ah, Mojo.........I think what gets mine going is seeing a sketch I like or a challenge. Also new goodies usually do the trick too. Today the mojo is not even peeking it's little head around the corner! I got an image colored yesterday and cut it out with a circle die - and there it sits. I've tried all day long to come up with something and nothing is clicking!
Do you check the different sketch challenge blogs and here on SCS? I have a binder full of ones I've printed off that I regularly look through when I'm stuck for an idea.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-19-2014, 07:25 AM   #7704
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
I wrote a huge long post last night and poof! So I am chicken now : )

I saw a promotion on Amazon for sign up for an Amazon Visa and get a $50.00 gift card.....so I bought the Cameo electronic cutter. I will play around with it when it comes later this week and send you all a file I cut- we can have one of those challenges where everyone makes something with the supplies they get......

I ran down to Archivers- missed the sale (prob a good thing) and the store was bare....I got three things- one TH stamp set and 2 acrylic cases for dies and a TH distress paint- for $3.70...... It was so sad- so sad that it closed.....

I worked today- boss said eventually she is going to change the schedule so I do not have an entire week off anymore- too hard for others to follow up on charts when the person that did it is gone.

Went out to dinner and relaxed last PM with friends. I have to try to get my DT cards done before Sundays so we can have some fun on the weekends..... I tend to procrastinate.....

I am going to send this and write some more....

Shelly
Woo Hoo! How exciting for you. I guess I'm so much more of a stamper and am pretty satisfied with my Cricut and Vagabond for now. I have seen some really pretty dies that I'd like to have.

I am still very sad about Archiver's closing. Besides HL and Michael's there's nothing around here close. The closest LSS is about 40 minutes on the other side of town almost to Galveston. I do want to drive over there sometime just to look see what they have, but it's not somewhere you can drive to all the time or stop by.

How do you feel about the proposed schedule change. I think it would be great to have a week off now and then without it being personal time or vacation. I'd have such an organized house. I just find it difficult to get any real work done when I only have a few hours during the week and on the weekend.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-19-2014, 07:31 AM   #7705
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Kelly- sorry to hear about your ear.....ouch! Did you make it to the beach? Did you get your ear wet??? Hoping you get in with the doc ASAP!

Maggie- sounds like another nutty weekend- would love that recipe- hubby loves Pork and I like sauces on Pork (as it is not my favorite meat....). Glad you had a fun meal and a good weekend.

Maxine- sorry for your headache- hoping it resolves quickly! Bet you have beautiful flowers blossoming in your garden! I love seeing all of the techniques you have been creating : )

Thanks for the heads up about the MFP Blog Hop.....those Foo dogs are all over Asia.... Maybe I'll make a card for my daughter- they scare away evil spirits I think.....

So Jeanette- glad the woman's conference went well- how gratifying! And you and Kelly- not spending crafting $$$ till the 100 days are over- I should put myself on that challenge next year!

Darlene, did you get more snow today??? We got about 6" of snow today- it is beautiful, hubby is soooooo sick of the snow and cold though. It is going to be 40 tomorrow- above freezing for the next 3 days- then will freeze again. Worries about flooding here though.

Lynn- I see you mentioned something new again on the blog I had never hear of before- Fantastix Frost - what is that? I have never sen the wink of Stella pens in a store yet.....still.....

I get inspiration visually- blog hopping and also challenges- esp to add ribbons, lace, buttons, etc.....

Talk to you later! Gotta get to bed!

Shelly
Here is a link Shelly. It's on the Food Network website. I really think the next time I won't use as much vinegar or more honey. I t needs something to thicken up the glaze somewhat, but it was really yummy and I'll be making it again.

Pork Medallions with Balsamic-Honey Glaze Recipe : Food Network

Our weather is going to be nice again today. Up in the high 70's, but I think we have some rain in the forcast maybe tomorrow. I've been able to get over to the Mall and walk every day this week and will today. Yesterday I did stop at LOFT on my way back. I needed to replace the jacket that I bought for my sis for Christmas that didn't fit. They had some sweaters and pretty T's on sale so I got her something and of course couldn't resist a sale for me. I really need tops the most. Everything I have is so plain and drab.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:33 AM   #7706
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post

Oh Shelly, how fun! I'm glad your found a bargain on your Cameo purchase and hope you will love it! I'm sorry you won't be getting a work week scheduled free So sad. Ummmmmmm... and about no spending. Please don't believe everything Kelly tells you. LOL! For me, it's I won't use anything I purchase new on the cards for the the 100 Cards in 100 Days Challenge - since Sale-a-Bration falls in the first 100 days of the year and I don't want to miss it unless I want to miss it. LOL! Truthfully I haven't seen the catalog IRL yet, so don't know if I'll make a purchase or not, but I've allowed myself permission to do so.

Maxine, I loved the link to your LSS. Fun!
I have a Sale-A-Bration catalog that I can send to you if you want it. I'm all done with purchasing from it.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-19-2014, 07:35 AM   #7707
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Hi girls - hope today has some sunshine for you!!

No beach here - my ds said he wasn't up for it and as much as my heart wanted to be there, my ear was not! I didn't get to the dr - wahhhh! My dh actually gave me some antibiotics so hopefully it will clear up quickly. That's pretty much what my apt would have been. I did, however, get to take dd9 to the dentist as it seems she has some teeth issues- anyone familiar with teeth grinding at night?? I was floored. The dentist told her she grinds them so badly at night, they are giving her a mouth guard. She's worn down the enamel to some of her teeth - crazy!

YAY Shelly on your new purchase!!

So my plans for the long weekend didn't quite go as planned but that's okay - busy week ahead and today is the only day I'm home for a little while, so I'm ENJOYING it!!
I hope you all are as well!
x0x0

My DGD here in TX was doing that - grinding her teeth. They finally determined that was what was causing her headaches and she now has an Invisalign now.

How's that ear doing? Were those antibiotics that DH just had laying around? Are they helping? Sometimes you need a specific kind for certain ailments. Hope you don't overdo things. You're too busy!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-19-2014, 07:42 AM   #7708
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
40 degrees .. Miami would be hunkered down and acting like it was a hurricane YAY for warmer temps!

thank you ALL so much for sharing your teeth stories! LOL! This is new to me ~ hopefully her mouth guard will do the trick. As my mom used to say ... "if it's not one thing, it's your brother!" Hee hee!

Shel, I'm sorry to hear about your work and your Fibro. My SIL has that, and it's so hard for her some days. She went on disability for awhile it was so severe. Hugs to you, dear. Did I tell you my dd has been scouting out Nursing schools? Yes, the teeth grinder dd She fears she will not get into the one where she attends college - it's SO competitive! Between her grades not being stellar and missing a prerequisite (language, they make you take one full year at college, too - even though you fulfilled it in high school) .... she has to look elsewhere, including out of Miami. Which I honestly in my heart think is the smartest, best move. But dh says absolutely not. That means an apt, job, traveling, etc ... I can't imagine what's going to happen when dd17 applies to colleges next year if her sister can't go and she's the oldest! I pray for these kids, I tell you.

I have to make the blog rounds - forgive me. I'm curious to know about Frost White

Thing is with buying things, that's what got me in trouble! LOL! I have WAY TOO MUCH STUFF. I'm impulsive with crafts. I see it, I want it My dh's philosophy was buy it, sweetheart - you never do anything for yourself. Which is sweet! But then, my Cabana ranneth over, LOL! I just force myself to use what is here. I'm dangerously low on cardstock - Im' missing like 4 important colors. So for that, it's a necessity - ahem ... SU! here I come ........
I like that saying of your Mom's! If it's not one thing, it's your brother! That could have been said a lot at my house growing up.

Will be praying for you DD for school and that it will all work out where she should be.

I think my problem with purchases is that I have NO ONE to be accountable too, so I just do what my budget can afford. I love SU card stock. I think they may have some new that I'm not aware of yet. I'm not a very good demo because I never know what is going on.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:45 AM   #7709
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Kelly, about all I can tell you about that Frost White stuff is that's it from Fantastix. I've never researched it or anything and don't know if it comes in other colors or what. It really does shine though!!

I love our group too! Wouldn't trade anything in the world for it!

I need more card stock too! Has anyone ordered any of the new Simon Says Stamp card stock yet? Just wondering what it was like - but know that SU is less expensive. I did buy one of the ink colors but not the paper. Want to see what it's like because to be honest, I'll just not real pleased with SU and especially their new ink pads! I make a mess every time I use one and only tap the stamp on it about 2 times - and still make a mess.
I have SU stamp pads, but seldom use them. It's a compulsion. I have to have it because I might need it. Sounds like time for a real purge. Not sure I can do it though.

I love SU cardstock and don't buy from anywhere else. I used to get some colors from Papertrey Ink because they were pretty and different shades from SU, but haven't purchased anything from them in some time.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-19-2014, 05:46 PM   #7710

Good evening ladies! I've had such a fun day. I actually made it to Card Club today - the first time since before Thanksgiving. Yikes! It's been a long time. She takes December off and a few classes were canceled due to snow. But I also had a lot of conflicts. She has class weekly, but it's an hour from my house so I never intend to go to every class.

Old 02-19-2014, 05:47 PM   #7711

Oh, Maggie, that's so sweet of you...... but I got a Sale-a-Bration catalog today. Thank you though!

Old 02-19-2014, 06:03 PM   #7712
Forum Fanatic

Ahhhhh the nurse that works opposite of me FREAKED out when I told her the boss wants to change our schedule..... I am not feeling too upset about it- sometimes, the sitting for so many days in a row is hard on the back and the Fibro........ We'll see what happens. Thanks for asking....

The Cameo arrived today- so much for getting anything done productive tonight..... hehehe I am going to set it up shortly. With the MTC, I can scan in and trace any shape, so do not need to buy all of the dies, which is nice. Also, there are TONS of people and boards where SVG's are free or sold very cheaply.

I also use mostly SU paper- I use Coordinations, cause SS sells it. I also use Paper Temptress CS, Cyrogen White, and Neenah on occasion, and Georgia Pacific from Walmart- use that alot....... Not sure I have tried PTI ever before. I saw them at the Summer CHA in Chicago a few years ago, but the line was out the door all day, and I did not want to wait in line for hours.

Off to play : )
Shelly
Old 02-19-2014, 08:27 PM   #7713
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart

Oh my friend, the ear is quite a mess. I just spent the past 3.5 hours in the Emergency Room I was cooking dinner, of all things, and this sharp stabbing pain went through my ear into my head. I could not take it anymore. Dh had just walked in, I sat the kids down to eat dinner and went to the ER. In a nutshell, the antibiotics are clearing up the infection part, but I have quite a mess to deal with. I have to go see a specialist (surgical ENT) as he's quite certain I have a hole in the eardrum. I had it before as a kid, too many chronic ear infections blew out my eardrum, and he's suspicious that's what is going on again. He also said I have something with a REALLY long name - I'm so exhausted and droopy and loopy, I can't think straight. He gave me some drops and drugs, which I do not intend to take. I'm a lightweight. Tylenol3 knocks me out for days. Sadly, I still need to function! Not the best news, nor what I wanted to hear .. but that's part of being human with bodies that don't always cooperate!

Shelly, I thought of you so often when I saw the nurses running around, doing their charts and triage, etc ... and envisioned you doing the same!

And Maggie, oh my friend, I thought of you, too ....... as we were leaving, back by the dumpsters were dh could only find parking, were two kitties. I saw where someone had left food out and they looked comfortable with people and are used to being fed. But still. I said, out loud, to my dh "Oh Honey, I wish Maggie were here." I didn't even know I said it. He looked at me and said "What? Who is Maggie?" LOL! And since I hadn't known what I was even saying, I was asking him back "Who is who? What?" We looked like the 3 stooges, minus a stooge! Finally he filled me in on what were were even talking about! I was telling him about your kitties and how you are the most awesome cat mommy on the planet!

Our dr w/ dd mentioned her headaches and said that should have been the first clue. If she didn't have jaw pain (she did not) waking up with headaches should have been a tip. I told her we saw her pediatrician and he couldn't find the cause of her headaches. Now it makes sense. Glad your DGD is better.

I'm going to bed, my friends - drops about to go in, time for my last anti,
and praying we didn't catch Ebola or anything else from sitting in that ER - blech.

Blessings and love you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
My DGD here in TX was doing that - grinding her teeth. They finally determined that was what was causing her headaches and she now has an Invisalign now.

How's that ear doing? Were those antibiotics that DH just had laying around? Are they helping? Sometimes you need a specific kind for certain ailments. Hope you don't overdo things. You're too busy!
Old 02-19-2014, 09:16 PM   #7714
Pearl-ExPert

Oh Kelly that sounds horrific Praying for you my friend for rapid and complete healing.

Hot hot hot here - now don't laugh, it's 29 oC ( approx 85oF) We have a temperate, island climate and for us, this is hot - whew, mops forehead.

I managed a card with some new stash the other day - today I sat in the shade and coloured a couple of images - then did some on the cross stitch ..
Old 02-20-2014, 03:16 AM   #7715
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Ahhhhh the nurse that works opposite of me FREAKED out when I told her the boss wants to change our schedule..... I am not feeling too upset about it- sometimes, the sitting for so many days in a row is hard on the back and the Fibro........ We'll see what happens. Thanks for asking....

The Cameo arrived today- so much for getting anything done productive tonight..... hehehe I am going to set it up shortly. With the MTC, I can scan in and trace any shape, so do not need to buy all of the dies, which is nice. Also, there are TONS of people and boards where SVG's are free or sold very cheaply.

I also use mostly SU paper- I use Coordinations, cause SS sells it. I also use Paper Temptress CS, Cyrogen White, and Neenah on occasion, and Georgia Pacific from Walmart- use that alot....... Not sure I have tried PTI ever before. I saw them at the Summer CHA in Chicago a few years ago, but the line was out the door all day, and I did not want to wait in line for hours.

Off to play : )
Shelly
Congrats on the Cameo. I hope you just love it. It sounds like it will be awesome.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-20-2014, 03:22 AM   #7716
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Oh my friend, the ear is quite a mess. I just spent the past 3.5 hours in the Emergency Room I was cooking dinner, of all things, and this sharp stabbing pain went through my ear into my head. I could not take it anymore. Dh had just walked in, I sat the kids down to eat dinner and went to the ER. In a nutshell, the antibiotics are clearing up the infection part, but I have quite a mess to deal with. I have to go see a specialist (surgical ENT) as he's quite certain I have a hole in the eardrum. I had it before as a kid, too many chronic ear infections blew out my eardrum, and he's suspicious that's what is going on again. He also said I have something with a REALLY long name - I'm so exhausted and droopy and loopy, I can't think straight. He gave me some drops and drugs, which I do not intend to take. I'm a lightweight. Tylenol3 knocks me out for days. Sadly, I still need to function! Not the best news, nor what I wanted to hear .. but that's part of being human with bodies that don't always cooperate!

Shelly, I thought of you so often when I saw the nurses running around, doing their charts and triage, etc ... and envisioned you doing the same!

And Maggie, oh my friend, I thought of you, too ....... as we were leaving, back by the dumpsters were dh could only find parking, were two kitties. I saw where someone had left food out and they looked comfortable with people and are used to being fed. But still. I said, out loud, to my dh "Oh Honey, I wish Maggie were here." I didn't even know I said it. He looked at me and said "What? Who is Maggie?" LOL! And since I hadn't known what I was even saying, I was asking him back "Who is who? What?" We looked like the 3 stooges, minus a stooge! Finally he filled me in on what were were even talking about! I was telling him about your kitties and how you are the most awesome cat mommy on the planet!

Our dr w/ dd mentioned her headaches and said that should have been the first clue. If she didn't have jaw pain (she did not) waking up with headaches should have been a tip. I told her we saw her pediatrician and he couldn't find the cause of her headaches. Now it makes sense. Glad your DGD is better.

I'm going to bed, my friends - drops about to go in, time for my last anti,
and praying we didn't catch Ebola or anything else from sitting in that ER - blech.

Blessings and love you!
Yikes! My dear Kelly! So sorry that happened to you, but I'm glad you had that pain so that you would finally get to see a doctor. You worry me some times. My youngest DD used to have strep and ear problems when she was very young. Once we were at my IL's and she started not feeling well with a throat thing. Took her to the DD and she had an ear infection and had blown a hole in her eardrum. Strange thing is that her ear didn't hurt her. We finally got all that under control when she had her tonsils out.

Awe poor kitties, but at least they are being fed. Sometimes you just have to leave them outside, but at least feed them and give them some kind of shelter.

Hope your DD feels better too with the grinding.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-20-2014, 03:23 AM   #7717
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
Oh Kelly that sounds horrific Praying for you my friend for rapid and complete healing.

Hot hot hot here - now don't laugh, it's 29 oC ( approx 85oF) We have a temperate, island climate and for us, this is hot - whew, mops forehead.

I managed a card with some new stash the other day - today I sat in the shade and coloured a couple of images - then did some on the cross stitch ..
We have 80's today, but then a cold front comes this afternoon and it will be back down in the 40's tomorrow! That's Texas weather!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-20-2014, 03:27 AM   #7718

Oh my, Kelly! I'm sorry your situation is so horrific. Praying and sending more hugs for you as you get treatment and feel better. (I did have to giggle at your "3 Stooges Minus a Stooge comment!)

Maxine, I'm sorry you're dealing with heat... want me to send you some snow? It isn't all melted yet here, though our temperatures have been pleasant the past couple of days.

Shelly, did you have fun playing with your new toy last night?

Maggie, I hope your day is a good one and that the boss behaves today!

Hugs!!!

Old 02-20-2014, 10:21 AM   #7719
Forum Fanatic

Default Good AM

Kelly- sounds dreadful- ear pain is so awful! Take it easy woman- gotta take care of yourself! And great minds think alike- I always think of Maggie when I see kitties/cats outside- like most of us probably!

Maxine- good day to stay indoors and be creative! I think you should post some cross-stitch on your blog- so we can see how multi-talented you are!
I remember a pic way back of bobbin lace- it was fabulous!

Jeanette- an hour away for a card class is far- bet it is fun while you are there though!

Maggie- your weather sounds delightful to me! It is in the high 40's-low 50's here today and pouring rain! There is alot of ice frozen in the gutters too- so I bet lots of people get water....One of the neighbors posted a pic yesterday- ceiling must have a leak and a wall in the kitchen from the ceiling down a couple of feet- the paint is all buckled for about 1 1/2 feet wide- in an area where the wall only comes down from the ceiling about 1 1/2 feet....but the guy that looked at it says sometimes the leak is not directly above where the damage appears....Oh boy.....!

Off to create today- it is half past one, and I have not done anything yet- have to be in the mood I guess..... I have fun playing with the cameo last PM- the mat is really sticky, so the designs are ripping a tiny bit, but cuts more intricate designs than the Cricut so far- I am cutting a few to use as stencils...... I have the Make the Cut that works with it, so do not have to upgrade to their expensive software, and it works like a charm : )

Have a great day!

Shelly
Old 02-20-2014, 12:02 PM   #7720
Stazon Splitcoast

Good afternoon, lovelies - still no improvement here but onward and hoping for meds to kick in - cross your fingers and toes! Thank you for the love - you girls are so sweet.

Yikes Shel! Your poor neighbor. My friend and I were just talking about that, people who live up there with all the snow and then ice that settles on the roof - how does it not cave in. I guess they are built tough. Like here in Miami - we have to have the roof build with gables to keep it from flying off in a hurricane. Go up state a few counties, it is not required and they are just flat tile or shingle.

I'm in a complete fog today -- my head hurts, my ear hurts, my eyeballs hurt! I'm laying low, drifting in and out. I slept little last night, had to be up early to get the kids to school as dh is down town by the time they go to school. Just as I nodded off this morning, the lawn guy showed up - lol.

I wish you all a beautiful (and warm!) day! x0x0