Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2013, 12:21 PM   #7201
Die Cut Diva

DISCUSSION OF THE WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We'll be swooshing into a new year on Wednesday. I, for one, really don't make any New Years Resolutions - mainly because I can never stick with them for long.............So, that being said.......Let's do some "crafting resolution"! I actually have a couple.

The first is that I'm going to try my very best to finish off not only the outside of the card, but the INSIDE as well this year! Since I have the envelope punch board I'm also going to try and make an envelope at the same time so the whole thing will be complete. Another one of mine is to try and get on another DT. I'm on two right now but will probably let those wind down since I've been on them for a while and I always like to give someone else a chance to experience what I have on the teams. Both of the ones I'm on right now are so good and I love them both....but someone else needs a chance at them too. Just a change of pace too basically. Lastly - I'd love to say I won't be spending so much money on all the craftiness stuff in the upcoming year - but already know I probably can't stick to that one.

Anyone else now???????
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:29 PM   #7202
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post
Kelly's family is growing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She's going to have a baby - or two or four, or maybe even 16!!!

(Sorry Kelly, it's just a carry-over from other threads and other years. I couldn't resist!)

Love it Jeanette - and yeah, let us know the outcome Kelly!
Old 12-30-2013, 06:15 PM   #7203
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Quote:
Kelly's family is growing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She's going to have a baby - or two or four, or maybe even 16!!!

(Sorry Kelly, it's just a carry-over from other threads and other years. I couldn't resist!)
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I didn't even think you'd catch that! Yep, apparently I need a new condo as well - found and bought at the Pet Store today for the new mama and her umpteen children! She is DEFINITELY a mommy to be. She's a good mama already. We just saw her 1. build her new nest and 2. baby proof her cage! Soo cute! (though I'm still not super happy about this, what can I do!)

I feel like the Little Old Lady Who Lived In a Shoe!!!
Old 12-30-2013, 06:38 PM   #7204
Pearl-ExPert

Kelly that shoe must have been and awful big one!!

New Year greetings, and blessing, to you all - only 7 1/2 hours of 2013 left here... 2014 is approaching too quickly
MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:36 PM   #7205
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Lynn, great DOTW and great idea to do the insides of your cards! It's always been a favorite of mine! One of the greatest compliments I got was from someone on a random blog that said she was inspired by my cards inside and out and now does the same It was so sweet of her!

I just launched my Year in Review that I do every year and when I sat to write up the post on Sat/Sun, I realized a few things. This might be a long DOTW, lol!

First, I did AMAZING at keeping up with my crafty goal of inking stamps hadn't seen ink. I will continue that this year, too. I didn't get to my entire stack of SU! but put a hefty dent in them! I still have a few new stamps that I either bought/won that haven't seen ink. Here's to 2014!

Second, I wanted to try new techniques. I did it! I even kept up with you guys! I even gave you a shout out on my blog post (the one that I just launched!) You inspired me to new heights ~ every time Darlene gave us a challenge, I tried to play along I hope our Darlene brings that back again! *wink!*

Third, I want to explore new genres of crafting. I kept collecting I have fallen in love with my daughter's Wreck This Journal and it inspired me to think outside the crafty box. I intend to make a few non-crafty things through-out the year! I often buy/collect things 'to be used again' like the wonderful piece of wood my neighbor just gave me ... oh the ideas I have already!

Lastly, after a lot of soul searching and much prayer, this month will be the last month that the Crafters of Faith group I dreamed of will post a card - sniff, sniff! I hoped, then prayed, then grieved, but the reality is we are all friends and we're all in the same blog groups/card groups so we aren't going far! And ... I have another 'idea' waiting in the wings and hope to make that goal a reality in the New Year ... hopefully starting next week. Yikes!

Okay, I'm sure that's more than you all wanted to read! But those are my crafty goals - give or take, ROFL!
Old 12-30-2013, 07:51 PM   #7206
Pearl-ExPert

O.K. DOTW.

I am starting an Art Journal after thinking about it for Ages.............!!! There I have said it, and I did buy a wonderful Sketch book thingy for myself when I bought DH's gift to me .

Insides of cards get done occasionally, when the fancy takes me

As DH 's health is so fragile I will not apply for a DT, but may have a go for the odd GDT spot.

I guess one of my aims for the year is to get some of my 'other crafts' projects underway/completed - like a large x-stitch I am working for DH, who jokes he will die before I get it finished.... and back to my lace making pillow etc.... Trouble is there is are lawns and gardens to keep going, books to read and a hubby to look after. Maybe the books may just have to take a back seat a bit now
Old 12-30-2013, 08:16 PM   #7207
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Love the DOTW, Lynn. For the past few years, when I've set my goals for the year, I've chosen a "theme word" that makes it all fit together. (hmmm... which comes first, the goals or the word, the chicken or the egg???)

My theme for 2014 is the word “Reclaim”. I will focus on three specific areas, one being my hobby.

re•claim
transitive verb \ri-ˈklām\
: to get back (something that was lost or taken away)
: to get (a usable material) from materials that have been used before

RECLAIM my Hobby

My “Reclaim my Hobby” goal is two-fold.

1. I have a lot of toys and use SOME of them on a regular basis. Others haven’t seen anything but dust in a very long time. So in 2014 I am going to use at least one stamp/set each week that I haven’t used in at least a year. (Sadly, some of them have never been used.)

2. In keeping with the second part of the definition of “reclaim” –I am going to re-instate my Treasure Hunt posts. I am going to use a recycled and/or treasure hunt item on a card at least once every month.

And though it's really not part of my goal, I have also committed to do the 100 Cards in 100 Days Challenge again this year. I did it last year and had so much fun! I actually step it up a bit, and not only commit to 100 cards, but also a blog post each day for the first 100 days of the year. EEK!!! I hope I meet the challenge again this year! Wish me luck!

There are actually a lot more women showing an interest in doing that this year than there were last year. If you haven't seen the thread yet and would like to check it out, here's where you will find it...

2014- 100 by 100 -First Round
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: The Forest in the Fall
mschoener, MiamiKel4 and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:08 PM   #7208
Stazon Splitcoast

As my kids would say, awesome sauce!

I have two different ways to do my goals. One is crafting, like listed above, but my word of the year that I do every year is altogether another thing
Last year was simplicity, the year before Grace. My new word is settled but I can't say it out loud yet!

I did a little soul searching and I even sadly came to realize DTs are not in my future other than Riley whom I adore!! I will always stay with them <3. But after trying out for a couple and getting the Dear John, I've decided to refocus my craft time for ME! My dad taught me if you are knocked down, pushed around or even trip over your own two feet, get up. Don't stay down! And I loved his advice! I never stay down long. That sounds terrible, right? I promise it's not bitterness just self awareness! There are so many things I want to do yer have zero time in the day. This is the year to focus and reclaim my craftiness!
luvcardmaking likes this post.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:15 PM   #7209
Pearl-ExPert

I smiled when I saw your post Kelly - last year when I first really saw girls speaking about their 'word' for the year I was a bit sceptical - until the Lord clobbered me with a word - Joy. I thought I wouldn't bother this year, but yet again I have been spoken to and have another challenging word for the 2014.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:46 PM   #7210
Stazon Splitcoast

Amen!! Maxine I'm so glad to hear He spoke to your heart and clobbered you I'm so thrilled you have a new word, too! It's one of my fave times of year and a great reflection of a great year ahead! God is good! <3
Old 12-31-2013, 12:39 AM   #7211

hmmmmmmmmmmmm... clobbered? Now that would be an interesting word.

You gals make me smile!

mschoener likes this post.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:01 AM   #7212

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Old 12-31-2013, 03:29 AM   #7213

Happy New Year's Eve!

Old 12-31-2013, 07:42 AM   #7214
Stazon Splitcoast

ROFL!!! Indeed it would! For certain it would be the topic of the town - LOL!!

Oh ladies, I just saw the FUNNIEST card and now can't find it in my browsing history - a lady made a darling New Year's Eve card with those funny AI old ladies. She made it with this stamp and I just about spit my morning coffee everywhere! LOL!!! Art Impressions Celeste Set - Unmounted Rubber Stamp - 123Stitch.com

I'll be back later after slinging the bkfast to my hungry crew! (hamsters not included, lol!)

Quote:
hmmmmmmmmmmmm... clobbered? Now that would be an interesting word.

You gals make me smile!
Old 12-31-2013, 07:50 AM   #7215
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts!

I got in about 9 PM last night. Didn't stay up much later than that. Still have not unpacked anything so I need to do that and get the laundry started. I have to go to the grocery store because I don't have any food in my house.

Just had to call the Post Office. I am so annoyed at the person who is supposed to be delivering my mail. I've been waiting for a package since December 6. I've gotten 2 notices that they have attempted to delivery it. It needs to be signed for. The notices both have times on them when I was at home. The lastest one was just this morning and I heard him on my porch but just though he was leaving my mail. When I checked it after a bit, I saw that it was another notice. He never rang my doorbell to see if I was home! The last time that he left a notice, I signed it on the back so that he would just bring the package back and leave it, but he never did that either. This is so frustrating because this PO is only open from 8-4 during the week and in the morning on Saturdays. Hard to get there when you work from 8-5.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 12-31-2013, 07:58 AM   #7216
Die Cut Diva

Great ideas about goals for the upcoming year!

I'm going to really try to use all of my stamp sets this year - and like y'all, some have never been inked up. I don't have a ton of stamps but have enough where I could post ever day of the year anyway! The digis are a whole different story! I keep waiting for my computer to say it can't accept any more of those! HA!! I really need to go through and weed some out - but then as soon as I deleted it, would want it back.

Jeanette, a 100 cards in 100 days is just mind boggling to me! I'm doing VERY good to get two or three a week made! Don't know how you do it at all - and they're all just wonderful.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:03 AM   #7217
Quacker Stamper

As to the DOTW - One of the girls on one of my other blogging groups said that she made up envelopes for all the cards that she needed to send out during the year and kept them on her desk and then she could just use those to get her cards made so she's know what was coming up. I really like that idea, so I'm going to try that. I'll keep them in an altered tin that I have that has month dividers in it.

I also want to work again on the Christmas Card Challenge and hope that I can keep up with that. I thought that I'd just pull out a stamp a month and make 5 cards that month with that stamp. If I can get some done for a DT then that will count. I'll make 5 instead of just one for my blog.

I really, really need to get organized so I know better what I have so that I'll use what I have. I'm also intending to purge most if not all of my old paper that I've purchased piecemeal over the years that I'm not going to use. If anyone is interested in getting some 12 x 12 paper, then let me know. I already have 2 people that I'm sending some to.

As to a word of the year - I think mine this year is FOCUS! I need to focus on what needs to be done whether it is craft related or not. I would like to get a schedule and stick to it so I can get my DT's done plus extra things. I'd like to have a time to work on scrapbooking and also some time for other crafts, like finishing up the cross-stitch afghan I started years ago for my DGD who is now 18.

Kelly, sorry that Crafters of Faith is winding down, but there is a time and season for everything and now is the time to move on to something else. I can't imagine your not being chosen to be on a DT. You do fabulous work. I know that OSAAT may be putting up another DT call soon. She had a post the other day trying to find out who was staying and who was leaving. She also has some who do every week and some that do every other week so I think she wants to fill in some spots. I like doing the twice monthly so I have time for my other DTs that are twice monthly although I'm still not sure I'm staying with Sunshine Mail.

Like Lynn, I'd like to do more for the inside of my cards especially if I want to get them in my Etsy shop and sell them. A matching envelope or box would be nice also. All that takes so much time, and I'm usually just scrambling to get the card finished. I have gone back at times and finished off the inside after I've done the card and want to send it off to someone.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:07 AM   #7218
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
As my kids would say, awesome sauce!

I have two different ways to do my goals. One is crafting, like listed above, but my word of the year that I do every ytrace. My new word is settled but I can't say it out loud yet!

I did a little soul searching and I even sadly came to realize DTs are not in my future other than Riley whom I adore!! I will always stay with them <3. But after trying out for a couple and getting the Dear John, I've decided to refocus my craft time for ME! My dad taught me if you are knocked down, pushed around or even trip over your own two feet, get up. Don't stay down! And I loved his advice! I never stay down long. That sounds terrible, right? I promise it's not bitterness just self awareness! There are so many things I want to do yer have zero time in the day. This is the year to focus and reclaim my craftiness!
I just can't imagine any DT now wanting you to be part of their team. You do fabulous work! I was really surprised when I got on the OSAAT team. My goal is still to get published. I really need to work on that one.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
MiamiKel4 and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:10 AM   #7219
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Great ideas about goals for the upcoming year!

I'm going to really try to use all of my stamp sets this year - and like y'all, some have never been inked up. I don't have a ton of stamps but have enough where I could post ever day of the year anyway! The digis are a whole different story! I keep waiting for my computer to say it can't accept any more of those! HA!! I really need to go through and weed some out - but then as soon as I deleted it, would want it back.

Jeanette, a 100 cards in 100 days is just mind boggling to me! I'm doing VERY good to get two or three a week made! Don't know how you do it at all - and they're all just wonderful.
Yikes! I have never even tried to count how many dig stamps I have and right now, I don't think I want to count how many rubber stamps I have. I do need to get them labeled and organized so I can use them. I think I may have to buy some more DVD cases.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-31-2013, 08:41 AM   #7220
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Maggie, I seriously just got all choked up reading your post! Hard to believe that women - all of us - can just bump into each other in this big ol world of ours and love each other dearly You are all one really special group of ladies!

Thank you for your kind words! Indeed there is a season and a time - God's love is so big, there is enough to share in many ways and areas! I was blessed to be part of a tiny spec of that and the ladies were just super - and many are still here so we're just moving over a thread or two or three!

Digis! Holy Moly, now there's an area I didn't even touch on! I had a TON of them when my computer crashed, lost them all. I thought they were saved in back up - nope! I thought they would be in my picasa account, but they are not there either. So I guess they are gone - which there had to be close to 1,000!!! I'm lucky to have a HUGE stash of rubber stamps, lol.

One thing I cannot get myself to do is unmount them. I just can't! I love the feel of the wood! I'm a very tactile person. I haven't heard of anyone UM and regretting it and they are all SO VERY HAPPY so I get this urge once in awhile, then chicken out and leave them be For now, I have plenty of space so since space is not an issue, I won't do it until I absolutely have to.

I'm sorry to hear about your package - makes you wonder what goes on in their minds sometimes! I know they are really struggling at the PO and they are going through so many changes. I think we are even losing Saturday delivery this year, right? I thought I read that somewhere.

And welcome back!!!!!!!

Hi Lynn! Like you, 100 cards is a bit daunting for me but I'm a busy mom of 4, room mom, book reviewer, volunteer extraordinaire and a woman with too many irons in the fire - best not add one more, Lol! But I loved the idea of it and if time were permitting, that would be AMAZING! Just think of the cards you can do and get done in the first of the year and relax a bit in the rest of the year - sort of! And the Christmas cards could get done by the first two months, ROFL!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-31-2013, 08:53 AM   #7221
Stazon Splitcoast

I just wanted to share that I follow the Ail Edwards board from my old scrapbooking days and my hopes to one day actually FINISH all the scrapbooking I started!

One of the gifts from my dd19 that she gave me for Christmas was Project Life. I am IN LOVE! It was the sweetest gift, one found after she was trying to help me recover my blog (that turned out to be unrecoverable back then!) and she saw my ideas and thoughts She found it on her own and it was the most memorable gift! I hope to get that done this year, esp with her Senior Year! I bombed on that one!

It seems that the most common is to use all our stamps, incorporate journaling/books and using fabrics for 2014 are the top 3!
Old 12-31-2013, 01:44 PM   #7222
Pearl-ExPert

Happy New Year y'all.

All the best to you magnificent women who add such richness to my life!!

It's nearly midday here and the fine day is rapidly disappearing behind the clouds bringing yet more rain... at least that means studio time and no watering the gardens
Old 12-31-2013, 03:42 PM   #7223
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Oh Maggie, I seriously just got all choked up reading your post! Hard to believe that women - all of us - can just bump into each other in this big ol world of ours and love each other dearly You are all one really special group of ladies!

Thank you for your kind words! Indeed there is a season and a time - God's love is so big, there is enough to share in many ways and areas! I was blessed to be part of a tiny spec of that and the ladies were just super - and many are still here so we're just moving over a thread or two or three!

Digis! Holy Moly, now there's an area I didn't even touch on! I had a TON of them when my computer crashed, lost them all. I thought they were saved in back up - nope! I thought they would be in my picasa account, but they are not there either. So I guess they are gone - which there had to be close to 1,000!!! I'm lucky to have a HUGE stash of rubber stamps, lol.

One thing I cannot get myself to do is unmount them. I just can't! I love the feel of the wood! I'm a very tactile person. I haven't heard of anyone UM and regretting it and they are all SO VERY HAPPY so I get this urge once in awhile, then chicken out and leave them be For now, I have plenty of space so since space is not an issue, I won't do it until I absolutely have to.

I'm sorry to hear about your package - makes you wonder what goes on in their minds sometimes! I know they are really struggling at the PO and they are going through so many changes. I think we are even losing Saturday delivery this year, right? I thought I read that somewhere.

And welcome back!!!!!!!

Hi Lynn! Like you, 100 cards is a bit daunting for me but I'm a busy mom of 4, room mom, book reviewer, volunteer extraordinaire and a woman with too many irons in the fire - best not add one more, Lol! But I loved the idea of it and if time were permitting, that would be AMAZING! Just think of the cards you can do and get done in the first of the year and relax a bit in the rest of the year - sort of! And the Christmas cards could get done by the first two months, ROFL!

Hugs!!!!!!!!!
Sorry that you lost all your digis. I guess there's no way that you can contact the owners and see if you could get them replaced.

Oh, I could never unmount my SU stamps. For one reason, if I ever decided to sell them, then they would have to be mounted.

I saw the postman on my way home from the grocery store and I stopped and talked to him. At first he told me that he had been in the neighborhood this morning, but then when I started to tell him the issue, he changed his tune and was telling me that there were 2 of them in the neighborhood this morning. We NEVER have 2 postmen in our neighborhood. Anyway, I told him that I had put the notice out again and that I expected to have the package delivered ASAP! Yes, I think that we are losing Saturday deliveries AND the price of stamps is supposed to be going up again!

I would never be able to get 100 cards done in 100 days. I'll be lucky to get my 5 Christmas cards a month done plus birthday cards.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-31-2013, 03:44 PM   #7224
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I just wanted to share that I follow the Ail Edwards board from my old scrapbooking days and my hopes to one day actually FINISH all the scrapbooking I started!

One of the gifts from my dd19 that she gave me for Christmas was Project Life. I am IN LOVE! It was the sweetest gift, one found after she was trying to help me recover my blog (that turned out to be unrecoverable back then!) and she saw my ideas and thoughts She found it on her own and it was the most memorable gift! I hope to get that done this year, esp with her Senior Year! I bombed on that one!

It seems that the most common is to use all our stamps, incorporate journaling/books and using fabrics for 2014 are the top 3!
I have a couple of friends that do PRoject Life and just love it. I've seen all the pieces and it looks great. I hope you have fun with it.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-31-2013, 03:46 PM   #7225
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
Happy New Year y'all.

All the best to you magnificent women who add such richness to my life!!

It's nearly midday here and the fine day is rapidly disappearing behind the clouds bringing yet more rain... at least that means studio time and no watering the gardens
Happy New Year to you also Maxine and to the rest of the Stamp Addicts!

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-01-2014, 04:24 AM   #7226
Gabfest Goddess

Happy New Year to my wonderful, Addicted Friends!!!

I think I was asleep by 9:30 or 10:00 last night. Such a party animal, LOL

Lynn: great DOTW...I don't really do resolutions, per se. More like setting goals. Last September I set 2 goals that will continue into 2014:
1. If someone makes an impact on me or in my life - TELL THEM! It sounds so basic, but all too often I think about someone's positive affect on me and that's how far it went. Well, now I make a phone call, send a card, write them an email, whatever. I figure they deserve to know that they made a difference!
2. Send more cards. Again, how dumb is it that I have this hobby, and now have loads of cards made by me and by others from swaps? Time to share the love!!

My word for 2014 is also "Reclaim", however it is in a much broader sense than crafting. I will be spending my energies reclaiming my energy, peace, strength, house (de-cluttering) and all other aspects of my life.

I've spent so much energy on others with disfunction (husband, daughter) and not replenished my own self. So this is the year that I reclaim myself!! As I read this it sort of sounds selfish. But I promise, some of my reclamation will come from various volunteer work done through our church. That grateful perspective that I get when helping those in need.

Well...I've said it. You all are the first to hear it!

Kelly: I was actually thinking of ramping up our TAT (Try a Technique) Challenge! What does everyone think? Shall we?

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 01-01-2014, 05:11 AM   #7227

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Oh my goodness... how incredible that in ALL the words possible, two of us chose the same word for this year. Are we twins, Darlene?

I can't speak for everyone........ but I like TAT and think it would be great to do them again.

Talking about party animals - I had 1 1/2 hours of sleep the night before last and totally planned to be in bed by 10:30 or 11:00 last night. However, I had to write a 2-paragraph article first. Started writing it at 9:30. Struggled, probably due to sleep deprivation. DH came in the room and said, "Are you watching it?" I looked at the clock and it was 11:01 - which is when we watch the ball drop every New Year's Eve here in our home in the central time zone. Yep, I was awake and I missed it! The article was finished and emailed to the appropriate person at 11:55 and I crawled into bed as the new year descended.

Probably not my most exciting New Year's Eve. And you know that old saying - Whatever you're doing on the first day of the year will be what you do all year long. Wellllllllllllll............. today I MUST do a mountain of laundry. 'nuff said!

Old 01-01-2014, 06:18 AM   #7228
Quacker Stamper

Happy New Year Stamp Addicts!

I think it's fabulous that you are going to "reclaim" yourself Darlene and NO it is not selfish. If you don't take care of yourself first, you cannot take care of anyone else.

I did not stay up late last night. I was in bed about 10:30 and heard lots of fireworks going off in our neighborhood. Against the law, but it happens all the time. Woke about 6, but went back to sleep and didn't get up until 8. So nice.

I think I'm working on laundry and organizing today. My stamp room is a disaster.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-01-2014, 06:39 AM   #7229

Hi Maggie! Happy New Year!

Old 01-01-2014, 07:26 AM   #7230
Die Cut Diva

It's starting to sound like we're a bunch of old foggies all hitting the sack before midnight last night! LOL! However, I was one of them too. Maybe we should change out groups name to "Party Animals"! LOL!!!!!

Happy New Year everyone. Darlene, I loved you comments on the DOTW, etc.......how beautiful! You're going to have the most fantastic year ever!!! Hugs!

Today is the day of football I guess! SO, I may just try and sneak back in the laundry room. Here lately though I've just been sitting at the desk staring at all my stuff and that's it! So sad when you think of how much I have. I think back to when I first stared this hobby and wonder where all this stuff I have now even came from! Overwhelming! And then I think of all the crafters out there that don't have this much and feel ashamed that I don't just cut off all spending completely and use what I have! So, that's going to be my word(s) for the year.......Use What You Have! I'm sure I'll still purchase things - but I'm going to use what I have when possible!!!!
Old 01-01-2014, 08:20 AM   #7231

Hi Lynn! Good to see you this morning - and yes, I think we ARE a bunch of Party Animals!

Old 01-01-2014, 08:33 AM   #7232
Gabfest Goddess

Hi Jeanette, Maggie & Lynn!

I also need to use what I have - that being said - a few months ago I felt like I needed spoiling and treated myself to an order from SU. Apparently, I have no will power when it comes to this hobby. I justify it to myself saying' "I don't buy clothes or shoes, don't wear makeup, don't do my nails, am not much for jewelry, etc etc." But seriously, it's just that-justification! LOL I haven't gone cold turkey, but last year I did cut WAY back on buying.

Old 01-01-2014, 08:48 AM   #7233
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello!

Happy New Year!!! I read through to 'catch-up' on your postings, and whew- you have been busy and chatty!!!

Crafting Resolutions- using what I have......I have been collecting stamps for so long- I have some to get rid of, and have no time to use many that I have not touched.....so I will set a goal to use them- but after I get back from visiting Katie. My goal is to pace myself and try to not do everything at the last minute.... I use to hate that, but now seem to be very last minute.....

The Technique Junkies bought Stamp Camp, and now I am getting those stamps to make samples for her booth- I am telling myself to do what I can and not to get overwhelmed at all....we are supposed to enjoy this hobby : )

Kelly- where you are turned down for DT's- I consider that a Blessing in Disguise : ) You never know what is in store for you until it comes knocking at your door....... I got turned down by 2 DT;s right before TJ asked me to join them and Sweet Stamps- so if I had been accepted by either of the teams that turned me away, I would not be here- where I am very happy- now......

Maggie- glad you trip was great- and loved your beautiful card- Thanks!!!
Hope your knee continues to heal and that your package finally arrives safely! Also - loved your pictures!

Maxine- sounds like you have had so many cuddle and Hug opportunities recently! How awesome! I have to get over to see your pos and neg die card- such a great way to use dies!

Lynn- Where do you store a pig and 2 deer? You must have a massive freezer!!! I am with you- 2 cards week- maybe 3 is my limit too- I need to quit working to be able to stamp more.....! (I keep telling Ray that, but he does not buy it!).

Darlene- glad to hear you had a good Holiday! What a nice neighbor : ) When you are transferring over pictures, are you taking time to look at them??? That is what I would do I think.......

Jeanette- I love reading your goals and resolutions. I want to be more focused on my goals and FOCUS is a great word for me for 2014. I am also trying to decide about going back to school........
I imagine you are also getting lots of snow???

Waving Hello to Paige- thanks for the Jan list- I sent out my Dec card to Lynn yesterday and yours for Jan as well- I am going to be early for once....

Off to finish up 2 cards today- due for tomorrow....... It is snowing out- so pretty- by the end of today- they predict 8-12"- we are at least 6 now.....

Blessings to all (Oh-yes- spent New Years Eve with Friends- and yes- I did stay up past midnight....but I do that anyway!)

Shelly
Old 01-01-2014, 08:58 AM   #7234
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcardmaking View Post
Hi Jeanette, Maggie & Lynn!

I also need to use what I have - that being said - a few months ago I felt like I needed spoiling and treated myself to an order from SU. Apparently, I have no will power when it comes to this hobby. I justify it to myself saying' "I don't buy clothes or shoes, don't wear makeup, don't do my nails, am not much for jewelry, etc etc." But seriously, it's just that-justification! LOL I haven't gone cold turkey, but last year I did cut WAY back on buying.
I really thought I was losing my Demo status but I got the Sell-A-Bration catty and Stampin Success magazine in the mail while I was gone, so I guess I'm still good.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-01-2014, 09:59 AM   #7235

Darlene, I think you need to spoil yourself from time to time, too!

Shelly, it's good to see you. Thanks for the sweet comment about my goals!

Maggie, SU knew you were too good to lose!

Old 01-01-2014, 01:00 PM   #7236
Stazon Splitcoast

Wooohoo, a brand new year!

My word of the year is up on my blog - if you want to take a peek!

And for you all .............

Darlene, I think reclaim is perfect ... and fitting! And yes, please bring back the TAT! I gave you a shout out on my last blog post and in here -- loved, loved it! And the way you all embraced me into this warm and wonderful group - I'm grateful! And the TAT fit right into my '13 goals of trying new techniques. This year, I'll just try to stay awake ... haahaaa! I'm kidding!

Thank you Shelly for your kind words!! I'm excited about the year ahead, including crafting goal wise (after all, this is a craft site, loL!) It was fun to see everyone's goals of the year and how similiar we all are .... I did the Use What Ya Got when I had to and although I'm very careful about only buying what I need or just HAVE TO HAVE within limit, it's fun to be in this creative world with you all!

Maggie, how did I not know you were an SU Demo?????? I place an order from time to time - I try to order ONLY from friends. If you're a demo, I will add you to my list, my friend!

I DID stay up last night - until 3 am!!!!! Oh my, my daughters and I had a blast! We have been staying up while dh goes to bed and ds is out by 10 pm ..... he stayed up last night with his pretend champagne, lol ........ we saw the Dick Clark special like every year - oh how I miss him! Then watched movies. And ate, and ate and ate!

Not starting any diets ... Diet Schmiet ........ not me. Not today! I have leftover yummy foods and pastries and I'm SUPER hungry - not to mention dh just brought me home a Starbucks .... even though I use FF milk, lol. It's definitely fattening

Maxine, are you feeling better today after your boo-boo? Hugs and healing vibes!!

Hello to EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! x0x0
Old 01-01-2014, 01:50 PM   #7237
Pearl-ExPert

Kelly I have visited your blog, and after reading your post I am sure you must live life at a million miles an hour!!

The thumb/wrist is o.k. - still technicolour but fading - just wish the wrist would stop moaning at me now

Glorious sunny day here..... the gardens are calling but I am not sure the hand would 'take it' at this point .

Yes Darlene - i would love the TAT challenges to continue
Old 01-01-2014, 01:56 PM   #7238
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Maxine, I do, I do! I go, go, go but stop once in awhile - I think my legs even run in my sleep, LOL!! But truly I can't complain.

I'm so glad you are on the mend. Do be careful! I know you are doing so much and taking care of your hubby, not to mention you have to craft and color!!

How beautiful to be in the gardens today. I so wish I had inherited my dad's green thumb. I'm barely able to get non-needy plans, like a cactus, to thrive!

Have we heard from all of us now in the new year? Paige? I hope all is well!
Old 01-01-2014, 03:41 PM   #7239
Gabfest Goddess

Good evening! Well, it looks like some of us want the TAT to come back, so I will put on my thinking cap and come up with our first challenge in the next couple of days.

Back to work for me tomorrow morning. Have enjoyed the time off, got a number of personal things done. Now I just need to keep 2 of my pipes from freezing for a couple of really cold nights! Woo wee, it's gonna be COLD!

Old 01-01-2014, 04:00 PM   #7240
Stazon Splitcoast

There's room down south for ya, Darlene!!

We're actually heading out back for some s'mores and a fire -- we'll be keeping warm by the fire. I hope your pipes don't freeze, my friend.

YAY for TAT!