In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search


Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2013, 06:55 AM   #7121
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,973
Default

Morning everyone!!!

Shelly, glad you had Steph had a good shopping day. I think everyone should do the Amazon wish list!! It's so hard to know what to get people anymore - and especially the older kids. We usually just give money to them and they can do what they want them. Of course that's not the same as opening a big present!!

Kelly, I'm surprised you have time to breath!! Hang in there and next week you can relax........maybe?

Maggie, when do you leave for California?

Jim's brother died yesterday. So sad and glad he didn't have to suffer for long. The services are on Saturday so we'll be leaving maybe Sat. morning early and be back on Sunday. Jim's fine since he is also glad the suffering is over with. Thanks for all y'all's thoughts for him.

I clean my stamps with Baby Wipes too. Much less expensive than buying the stamp cleaner - but I do have some of that too. I saw a video the other day that said when you use like Archival ink, you don't even have to clean it. Just wipe it with a cloth. It does leave a stain on it but since it dries so fast it won't make a difference when you stamp with it again. I don't know since I haven't tried it though. I wouldn't use alcohol on my stamps at all....don't think that'd be good for them like Kelly said.
__________________
My Blog: Creative Crafts by Lynn
Design For: Digi Haven
Design For: Tuesday Throwdown
jimlynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:42 AM   #7122
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In the Forest with my Forest Friends, of course!
Posts: 99,584
Default

Lynn, I'm sorry to hear of your BIL's passing. (((HUGS))) Please travel safely!
__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member
DT/s:
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin Twisted Tuesday



My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: Camping in the Forest
Forest Ranger is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:45 AM   #7123
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 131,065
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Morning everyone!!!

Shelly, glad you had Steph had a good shopping day. I think everyone should do the Amazon wish list!! It's so hard to know what to get people anymore - and especially the older kids. We usually just give money to them and they can do what they want them. Of course that's not the same as opening a big present!!

Kelly, I'm surprised you have time to breath!! Hang in there and next week you can relax........maybe?

Maggie, when do you leave for California?

Jim's brother died yesterday. So sad and glad he didn't have to suffer for long. The services are on Saturday so we'll be leaving maybe Sat. morning early and be back on Sunday. Jim's fine since he is also glad the suffering is over with. Thanks for all y'all's thoughts for him.

I clean my stamps with Baby Wipes too. Much less expensive than buying the stamp cleaner - but I do have some of that too. I saw a video the other day that said when you use like Archival ink, you don't even have to clean it. Just wipe it with a cloth. It does leave a stain on it but since it dries so fast it won't make a difference when you stamp with it again. I don't know since I haven't tried it though. I wouldn't use alcohol on my stamps at all....don't think that'd be good for them like Kelly said.
I do usually give them some gift cards, and I give them $$ for their birthdays, but I think Christmas is all about presents and that everyone should have a package to open.

So very sorry about Jim's brother. Yes, I'm glad too that he didn't have to suffer long. Seems like he has suffered long enough. Sending up prayers for you guys for peace and comfort. It's a tough thing to go through especially at holiday time.

I usually use SU stamp cleaner, but I also have some Rubber Stamp Cleaner that I got at Michael's or HL and some Staz-On cleaner, the last 2 are good if you've got tough stains to get out.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:59 AM   #7124
Stazon Splitcoast
 
MiamiKel4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 20,418
Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4
Default

Lynn I'm so sorry to hear of Jim's brothers passing. Prayers for all of you!!
__________________
~Kelly~
*My little blog*
Designing for: Riley and Company Stamps Cornish Heritage Farms Just For Fun Rubber Stamps
MiamiKel4 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:59 AM   #7125
Stazon Splitcoast
 
MiamiKel4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 20,418
Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4
Default

And yes, I will breath on December 26th, I reckon
__________________
~Kelly~
*My little blog*
Designing for: Riley and Company Stamps Cornish Heritage Farms Just For Fun Rubber Stamps
MiamiKel4 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:48 PM   #7126
Forum Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: West of Chicago
Posts: 9,926
Default Hi!

We have 3 boys that are 8.....or 2 that are 8 and one 9...anyway, I get to buy them gifts......plus one girl that is 10...the rest are older and want gift cards. I shopped again today and finished with the kids I think......

I have to buy for parents and husband, and my daughter yet. I work the next 3 days, so will most likely finish shopping over the weekend.

Lynn- so sorry for your loss- even if it is a relief from a long illness, it is still a loss. Safe travels for the weekend for you both. And yes to the Amazon wish lists- I asked the Mom's of the boys to make the lists, but they didn't...so here is hoping they do not already have the lego sets I bought.

Kelly- what a lot of excitement for you- my sister has 3 kids with Dec b-days plus her husband...... Lots of excitement!

Maggie- when do you head out to Ca. Safe travels for you too! Hope the cat does fine on Friday- you are so wonderful to the neighborhood kitties!

Waving hi to everyone

Shelly
__________________
DT for Technique Junkies
DT for Sweet Stamps
My Blog-My Creative Rumblings
mcschmidty is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 04:36 PM   #7127
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,973
Default

Thanks for all the thoughts about Jim's brother. And yes, we'll be safe going to the services and all.

Shelly, it sounds like you've been in a shopping frenzy lately!! Fun!!

I got busy today and made three cards! WooHoo!!! None of my motivation has returned but at least they're done. Tomorrow I need to wrap up a bunch of gifts.

No one ever commented on the DISCUSSION OF THE WEEK!!! I think it got lost in the shuffle and chatter around here............so what do y'all do with the Christmas cards you receive after the holidays?????????
__________________
My Blog: Creative Crafts by Lynn
Design For: Digi Haven
Design For: Tuesday Throwdown
jimlynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:20 PM   #7128
Pearl-ExPert
 
Kiwime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 2,710
Default

DOTW - I tuck mine away until next year, when I pull them out, re-read them and write this years cards, tear the fronts off them and wait for a call for card fronts for pre-schools or the like. I also am thinking they may be good for the faux cloisonné technique.

Lynn,my sympathies to you and Jim on the death of his brother - release or not there is still a 'hole' in the family and grief to journey through. Safe travels for the weekend as you attend the service(s).

DH has fought the bugs by staying quiet and not doing very much in the hopes I won't insist he goes onto IV antibiotics - so far so good. We were back up to the main hospital today for the eye clinic - looks as though decisions are going to have to be made re surgery - there is a lot going on in his eye(s), and any surgery is high risk............ That decision will be made at the end of January. In the meantime we will ignore it over Christmas!!

DD and family will be here on Monday, and she is offering to cook and clean and do anything I need other than look after the wee ones - she is delegating that to us!! Hmmm we will see about that!

I got three cards made yesterday afternoon - hopefully I will get one 'blogged' tonight.
__________________
Philippians 1:6 - I am a work in progress!
I Design for CCC Digi Challenge and Creative Craft Cottage Challenge
My Blog: http://kiwimeskreations.blogspot.com/
Kiwime is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:12 AM   #7129
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In the Forest with my Forest Friends, of course!
Posts: 99,584
Default

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!




__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member
DT/s:
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin Twisted Tuesday



My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: Camping in the Forest
Forest Ranger is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 06:17 AM   #7130
Stazon Splitcoast
 
MiamiKel4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 20,418
Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4
Default

Nice! Extra extra nice, in fact! Promise!

Enjoying my BUX!! What a great start to the day! I love me my Starbucks!!!!!!!!
And about to head out the ................. the mall ............... yikes. I have exactly one hour between there and having to head back to the school to play Santa. Not like literally. I"m in blue today, not a big red suit! I just left the school playing librarian - LOL!! Yep, starting in January, I get my life back ... somewhat!

Lynn, I pack away the cards that I receive and add them to the decorations boxes. It's fun to pull them out again the next year although I don't hang them up again! I kept a small tupperware container in there with the cards. It also helps me keep track of old addresses (on the return envies). Since nearly everyone I know is on some type of social media, the cards are actually few and far between. This year, I didn't even get the chance to breath, let alone send cards out

Sending hugs all around!
__________________
~Kelly~
*My little blog*
Designing for: Riley and Company Stamps Cornish Heritage Farms Just For Fun Rubber Stamps
MiamiKel4 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 06:27 AM   #7131
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 131,065
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
We have 3 boys that are 8.....or 2 that are 8 and one 9...anyway, I get to buy them gifts......plus one girl that is 10...the rest are older and want gift cards. I shopped again today and finished with the kids I think......

I have to buy for parents and husband, and my daughter yet. I work the next 3 days, so will most likely finish shopping over the weekend.

Lynn- so sorry for your loss- even if it is a relief from a long illness, it is still a loss. Safe travels for the weekend for you both. And yes to the Amazon wish lists- I asked the Mom's of the boys to make the lists, but they didn't...so here is hoping they do not already have the lego sets I bought.

Kelly- what a lot of excitement for you- my sister has 3 kids with Dec b-days plus her husband...... Lots of excitement!

Maggie- when do you head out to Ca. Safe travels for you too! Hope the cat does fine on Friday- you are so wonderful to the neighborhood kitties!

Waving hi to everyone

Shelly
Good luck on getting all your shopping done. I do do NOT want to be at the mall on Saturday with all the last minute frenzy shopping. I do want to take something back to Macy's so I may try to go first thing and get that out of the way.

I'm leaving for CA on Tuesday morning and come home the following Monday and then will have 2 blessed days at home before I go back to work.

I guess I've just always been a kitty person and if someone doesn't take care of them, we'd be overrun with unwanted and unloved cats.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 06:29 AM   #7132
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 131,065
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Thanks for all the thoughts about Jim's brother. And yes, we'll be safe going to the services and all.

Shelly, it sounds like you've been in a shopping frenzy lately!! Fun!!

I got busy today and made three cards! WooHoo!!! None of my motivation has returned but at least they're done. Tomorrow I need to wrap up a bunch of gifts.

No one ever commented on the DISCUSSION OF THE WEEK!!! I think it got lost in the shuffle and chatter around here............so what do y'all do with the Christmas cards you receive after the holidays?????????
Sorry! If they are just regular cards from the family, I usually pass them on to my sister or niece. They both enter lots of sweepstakes and they use the pictures on the cards to dress up their envelopes.

Cards that I receive from my crafters, I keep most of them. I have some big photo albums that I can put them in. Some I may repurpose.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 06:34 AM   #7133
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 131,065
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
DOTW - I tuck mine away until next year, when I pull them out, re-read them and write this years cards, tear the fronts off them and wait for a call for card fronts for pre-schools or the like. I also am thinking they may be good for the faux cloisonné technique.

Lynn,my sympathies to you and Jim on the death of his brother - release or not there is still a 'hole' in the family and grief to journey through. Safe travels for the weekend as you attend the service(s).

DH has fought the bugs by staying quiet and not doing very much in the hopes I won't insist he goes onto IV antibiotics - so far so good. We were back up to the main hospital today for the eye clinic - looks as though decisions are going to have to be made re surgery - there is a lot going on in his eye(s), and any surgery is high risk............ That decision will be made at the end of January. In the meantime we will ignore it over Christmas!!

DD and family will be here on Monday, and she is offering to cook and clean and do anything I need other than look after the wee ones - she is delegating that to us!! Hmmm we will see about that!

I got three cards made yesterday afternoon - hopefully I will get one 'blogged' tonight.
Congrats on getting some cards made. I really need to blog some too. I've made a few Christmas cards that weren't part of a DT. I may be able to use one for CCC that is an Anything Goes coming up.

Sorry that DH is going to have to have surgery. I hope that it gets schedule okay and that it will all go well.

I'm sure that you will enjoy having the grands around and getting in all that snuggle time.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 06:37 AM   #7134
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 131,065
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
Nice! Extra extra nice, in fact! Promise!

Enjoying my BUX!! What a great start to the day! I love me my Starbucks!!!!!!!!
And about to head out the ................. the mall ............... yikes. I have exactly one hour between there and having to head back to the school to play Santa. Not like literally. I"m in blue today, not a big red suit! I just left the school playing librarian - LOL!! Yep, starting in January, I get my life back ... somewhat!

Lynn, I pack away the cards that I receive and add them to the decorations boxes. It's fun to pull them out again the next year although I don't hang them up again! I kept a small tupperware container in there with the cards. It also helps me keep track of old addresses (on the return envies). Since nearly everyone I know is on some type of social media, the cards are actually few and far between. This year, I didn't even get the chance to breath, let alone send cards out

Sending hugs all around!
You are always extra nice Kelly.

I saw a Santa on FB yesterday dressed in a blue Santa suit.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 08:07 AM   #7135
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,973
Default

Maxine, hope your doctors visit today about your husbands eye is good. That would really be a hard decision I'm sure since it's risky. We'll be thinking about you!

I do kinda like Kelly and store them in a container and then bring all of them out the next year when I start to do my cards. I have a list that I make every year as far as who I send cards too and it also goes in the box. I have all the lists for previous years in there too. I use the front off some of the cards when I mail packages - not bow to get crushed and yet they look pretty. If there's like a Santa on the front of the card I cut it out and attach it to the gift for a "to"/"from" tag. I've still got cards I received 10 years ago - and really need to start clearing some out I think. Maxine, that's kinda a neat idea that the pre-school has a call for card fronts! Good idea.

I'm off to do a few chores this morning.......later.......
__________________
My Blog: Creative Crafts by Lynn
Design For: Digi Haven
Design For: Tuesday Throwdown
jimlynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:41 AM   #7136
Gabfest Goddess
 
luvcardmaking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Southeast of Disorder
Posts: 7,069
Default

Hello my neglected friends!

Lynn: deepest condolences on the passing of Jim's brother. I've always found, that even when it's inevitable and expected, it still is a difficult loss to deal with. Prayers for all of you, his family, and for safe travels. Peace!

I am WAAAAAY behind here and in other threads on SCS. I am taking some vacation days the next 2 weeks to rejuvenate and recharge. Plus, there seems to be lots of personal things to attend to when getting a divorce. So, can really use the time.

I hope to have some card making during that time off too, and much more time to catch up with all of you here!

Hugs and best wishes to each of you. I think of you often!
__________________
Darlene
Bijou's Blog

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
luvcardmaking is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener and Forest Ranger like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:57 AM   #7137
Pearl-ExPert
 
Kiwime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 2,710
Default

Thinking of you too, Darlene - with guilt as I have yet to post my Dec card to you - it will be posted today - promise!!

I've been good - I think
__________________
Philippians 1:6 - I am a work in progress!
I Design for CCC Digi Challenge and Creative Craft Cottage Challenge
My Blog: http://kiwimeskreations.blogspot.com/
Kiwime is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:00 AM   #7138
Gabfest Goddess
 
luvcardmaking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Southeast of Disorder
Posts: 7,069
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
Thinking of you too, Darlene - with guilt as I have yet to post my Dec card to you - it will be posted today - promise!!

I've been good - I think

hahahaaa! Please erase the guilt. Here's how you can feel better: I haven't gotten my act together enough to get your card out to you either! How lame is that? However - it's going to happen soon. I PROMISE!!!

Hugs & feel better! Prayers for DH too.
__________________
Darlene
Bijou's Blog

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
luvcardmaking is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:12 AM   #7139
Pearl-ExPert
 
Kiwime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 2,710
Default

Oh Darlene - guilt erased and I am smiling

Have a great day.
__________________
Philippians 1:6 - I am a work in progress!
I Design for CCC Digi Challenge and Creative Craft Cottage Challenge
My Blog: http://kiwimeskreations.blogspot.com/
Kiwime is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
luvcardmaking likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 04:33 PM   #7140
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,973
Default

Waving HI Darlene!!!!!!! Good to see you!!! Thanks for the well wishes, etc. Appreciate it so much.
You are going to feel like a million dollars with 2 weeks of some relaxation! Enjoy every second of it.

Waving HI to Paige too - even though she hasn't stopped in lately. Probably too busy getting all that snuggle time!

Hope everyone is having a good evening (or whatever time of day it is in New Zealand right now! LOL)
__________________
My Blog: Creative Crafts by Lynn
Design For: Digi Haven
Design For: Tuesday Throwdown
jimlynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 04:39 PM   #7141
Pearl-ExPert
 
Kiwime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 2,710
Default

Early afternoon here Lynn And hot to boot , looks as though the mercury will be pushing 80 oF again today - thankfully the humidity is average and there is a breeze.
__________________
Philippians 1:6 - I am a work in progress!
I Design for CCC Digi Challenge and Creative Craft Cottage Challenge
My Blog: http://kiwimeskreations.blogspot.com/
Kiwime is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 04:47 PM   #7142
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,973
Default

It's nice to know what time it is there! It's almost 8:00 p.m. here but we're not that hot. However, they say that on Saturday we're suppose to have temps of 79!!! Typical Texas weather - hot one minute and cold the next.

I hope you had a good report from taking your husband to the doctor about his eyes. That was today wasn't it or was that yesterday! I get confused due to you being a day ahead of us here in the US. What am I saying.........I STAY confused most of the time!!! LOL!
__________________
My Blog: Creative Crafts by Lynn
Design For: Digi Haven
Design For: Tuesday Throwdown
jimlynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 05:31 PM   #7143
Pearl-ExPert
 
Kiwime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 2,710
Default

It was yesterday Lynn - and the report was sort of mixed, and we are having a big review in January with the consultant as to which way to go next year - it may be surgery, but that is high risk....
__________________
Philippians 1:6 - I am a work in progress!
I Design for CCC Digi Challenge and Creative Craft Cottage Challenge
My Blog: http://kiwimeskreations.blogspot.com/
Kiwime is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 06:26 PM   #7144
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,973
Default

Maxine, I'm sure whatever y'all end up doing will be good. I know this must be so frustrating though with a risky surgery possible. But then again, I know how frustrating it must be for your husband to have bad eye sight. Hang in there!
__________________
My Blog: Creative Crafts by Lynn
Design For: Digi Haven
Design For: Tuesday Throwdown
jimlynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 04:23 AM   #7145
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In the Forest with my Forest Friends, of course!
Posts: 99,584
Default

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!





Our DS is coming home today!!!! WOO HOO! Not sure yet when DD will get here. I love Christmas!!!!!!!!!! That being said, I probably won't be on SCS much at all for the next week or more. I'll be having too much fun with my 5. I know you understand... and I'll chat with you again when they go home.

Just when Darlene has two weeks off and will be here more. DRATS! Such timing! Enjoy your time off, Darlene......... and take care of yourself!

Maxine, scary stuff... hopefully there will be good solutions in January!

Maggie, I haven't forgotten you... will get a card in the mail to you SOON!

Waving at everyone else!
__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member
DT/s:
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin Twisted Tuesday



My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: Camping in the Forest
Forest Ranger is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 05:07 AM   #7146
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,973
Default

Jeanette...........have a WONDERFUL time with all the kids!!! AND, have a wonderful Christmas!!!!!


Have a question for everyone this morning (and so early!)......Does anyone else get this thing called Blogger Buzz coming up in their reading list on their blog? It comes up on mine ever so often and when it does it says I'm not following any blogs and I can't get them on my dashboard (reading list). This morning, it was doing just fine and I was looking at all the posts. I got out of the computer and went back and now I'm getting the Blogger Buzz and can't get rid of it at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've googled it and went to help and about all it says is stuff about something called gmail............Any help out there??????
__________________
My Blog: Creative Crafts by Lynn
Design For: Digi Haven
Design For: Tuesday Throwdown
jimlynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:09 AM   #7147
Pearl-ExPert
 
Kiwime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 2,710
Default

I just keep hitting the big white B in the orange square on the top left, sometimes more than once and eventually I get my reading list back - it can be a pain!
__________________
Philippians 1:6 - I am a work in progress!
I Design for CCC Digi Challenge and Creative Craft Cottage Challenge
My Blog: http://kiwimeskreations.blogspot.com/
Kiwime is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:19 AM   #7148
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,973
Default

Thanks Maxine!!! I did that and all is well once again. I think it got totally hung up this morning and was just being a toot!
__________________
My Blog: Creative Crafts by Lynn
Design For: Digi Haven
Design For: Tuesday Throwdown
jimlynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:38 AM   #7149
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 131,065
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post
Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!





Our DS is coming home today!!!! WOO HOO! Not sure yet when DD will get here. I love Christmas!!!!!!!!!! That being said, I probably won't be on SCS much at all for the next week or more. I'll be having too much fun with my 5. I know you understand... and I'll chat with you again when they go home.

Just when Darlene has two weeks off and will be here more. DRATS! Such timing! Enjoy your time off, Darlene......... and take care of yourself!

Maxine, scary stuff... hopefully there will be good solutions in January!

Maggie, I haven't forgotten you... will get a card in the mail to you SOON!

Waving at everyone else!
No problem Jeanette! Not like I'm always the first to get my card off. I did get all my cards in the mail yesterday so yours is winging it's way to you!
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 05:42 PM   #7150
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,973
Default

Looks like everyone is quiet again!

I'll be gone tomorrow but will check in on Sunday!

Later
__________________
My Blog: Creative Crafts by Lynn
Design For: Digi Haven
Design For: Tuesday Throwdown
jimlynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 05:56 PM   #7151
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 131,065
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Looks like everyone is quiet again!

I'll be gone tomorrow but will check in on Sunday!

Later
Have a safe journey Lynn.

I've been working on balancing my check book. It's off and I can't figure out why

I need to be up early to take my car in for service.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 06:18 PM   #7152
Pearl-ExPert
 
Kiwime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 2,710
Default

Grandchild-proofing the house!! Young DGS (and family) are arriving late Monday morning, and he is one full on boy. At 20 months he does not walk, he runs!! As it's just us two for the majority of the time, it's a major undertaking.........
__________________
Philippians 1:6 - I am a work in progress!
I Design for CCC Digi Challenge and Creative Craft Cottage Challenge
My Blog: http://kiwimeskreations.blogspot.com/
Kiwime is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 11:01 AM   #7153
Stazon Splitcoast
 
MiamiKel4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 20,418
Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
You are always extra nice Kelly.

I saw a Santa on FB yesterday dressed in a blue Santa suit.
Thank you, Maggie! a Blue suited Santa? That is perplexing! I know we played around with photo shop last month and turned the Elf on the Shelf green lol! He looked like Alphaba from Wicked, rofl!!

Yay for this being a week of things calming down! I am pooped!! Finally after ds's karate testing this am, we came home and I'm not moving I love having the babies home and miss them when they are at school not to mention it's nice to sit still for an hour at a time, hee hee.

I have to take my dd (who turned 17 yesterday!) to the hospital tomorrow. Her best friend had a brain tumor removed yesterday (on her birthday, sadly) they were told it was benign 3 months ago when it was found but closer testing showed it was cancerous. He's just 16 . He's had many rounds of radiation and is so weak and tired. I think it will cheer him up that she visits and they hope to have him home by Christmas Eve.

Lynn sorry, I don't have a clue what you mean by the blog issue! I'm slowly getting back to blogging. After that bad virus, I'm a little leary of the while thing now. I sort of lost my mojo in the whole process as well as took a huge hit in the self esteem department after the last DT rejection. I didn't think my cards were that bad Maybe the new year, or Santa (smile!) will renew my desire to craft and create

Happy weekend to all! If you are heading out to shop or in the snow, be safe! We're back up in the high 70s here! Much like the Grinch on my blog, Bah humbug to a hot Christmas! LOL!! Bring on the snow!!!! <3
__________________
~Kelly~
*My little blog*
Designing for: Riley and Company Stamps Cornish Heritage Farms Just For Fun Rubber Stamps
MiamiKel4 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 06:55 AM   #7154
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 131,065
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
Thank you, Maggie! a Blue suited Santa? That is perplexing! I know we played around with photo shop last month and turned the Elf on the Shelf green lol! He looked like Alphaba from Wicked, rofl!!

Yay for this being a week of things calming down! I am pooped!! Finally after ds's karate testing this am, we came home and I'm not moving I love having the babies home and miss them when they are at school not to mention it's nice to sit still for an hour at a time, hee hee.

I have to take my dd (who turned 17 yesterday!) to the hospital tomorrow. Her best friend had a brain tumor removed yesterday (on her birthday, sadly) they were told it was benign 3 months ago when it was found but closer testing showed it was cancerous. He's just 16 . He's had many rounds of radiation and is so weak and tired. I think it will cheer him up that she visits and they hope to have him home by Christmas Eve.

Lynn sorry, I don't have a clue what you mean by the blog issue! I'm slowly getting back to blogging. After that bad virus, I'm a little leary of the while thing now. I sort of lost my mojo in the whole process as well as took a huge hit in the self esteem department after the last DT rejection. I didn't think my cards were that bad Maybe the new year, or Santa (smile!) will renew my desire to craft and create

Happy weekend to all! If you are heading out to shop or in the snow, be safe! We're back up in the high 70s here! Much like the Grinch on my blog, Bah humbug to a hot Christmas! LOL!! Bring on the snow!!!! <3
The photo was with my nephew who is a police officer so I'm thinking it had something to do with the "men in blue" so to speak at a Christmas party for the families of officers.

Glad you have some down time. You'll need the rest for the next go round when school starts up again.

So sorry to hear about you DD's friend. I hope that with the surgery and all the chemo and radiation that he will be a survivor.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 06:57 AM   #7155
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 131,065
Default

I ended up NOT going to the mall yesterday. It took 3 1/2 hours at the Quick Lube at my car dealership to get my service done. I figured it would be no later than 9 since I got there at 7:15. About 9 the tech came to tell me that I really should have the coollant flushed and the back brakes needed to be cleaned which would take another 45 minutes. Since I was there I told him to go ahead and do it. Then at 10 he tells me it's going to be another 25 min. so I didn't get out of there until after 10:30. I needed to be back to my house by 11:30 because my DD was bringing me some Gift Cards I needed that I had purchased through the High School. It's a fundraising thing for my DGD. Some of them were for Christmas so I needed them yesterday. She was coming over this was to drop off their dog with my great niece who is dog sitting while they are in CA for Christmas and the wedding.

I did get out to the grocery store after my DD left and went by Academy to get a GC for my SIL. The weather said there was a lull in the rain, so I thought I could get out and done before it started up again. NOT! It was okay until I was done with the groceries and then I was glad I had my umbrella even though I still got pretty wet getting the groceries into the car.

After I got home I figured that I better get started figuring out what I was taking which lead to my purging my closet of summery things and getting everything else organized. That took some time but I was able to pull out the tops that I want to take so today it's all about packing and getting ready to leave on Tuesday.

Last night after I ate some dinner I worked on getting all the GC's packaged. I had gotten some little envelopes from Ellen Hutson and also remembered that I have the Christmas Card Cricut cartridge that will make all kinds of cards and envelopes, so I cut out some with that. They are now all packaged and labeled.

__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 06:57 AM   #7156
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 131,065
Default

I also ended up with a bum right knee yesterday afternoon while I was closet cleaning. I took some hangers out to the garage to take back to the laundry and as I turned to come back in, I tripped on the little step up from the garage to the laundry room and fell and landed on my right knee. It just swelled up a little bit, but hurts like crazy. I did take some time last night after my shower to put some ice on it and then again this morning, cut it's still pretty sore and has me limping. All I could think about was what if I had bbroken something and couldn't go to CA for Christmas or the wedding!!! That would have been really bad. As it is, I think I'll skip church today and try to stay off it as much as possible. It was hard taking care of Doris in her crate since I have to kind of kneel down to keep her from coming out of the crate while I give her food and water and change out her towel bedding. Now that the rain has finally stopped, I'm planning to let her out of the crate later today but I'm going to put some bedding in there and keep it open so maybe she'll still want to sleep in there with her little family. They have stayed right by her the whole time she's been in there.

__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 11:17 AM   #7157
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,973
Default

We're back. And still so tired. It was a very long day.

Kelly, so sorry about your daughters friend! Glad you got some down time.

Maggie, ouch about the knee. Thank goodness it wasn't worse. Take care.

I'll catch up with everyone ASAP.
__________________
My Blog: Creative Crafts by Lynn
Design For: Digi Haven
Design For: Tuesday Throwdown
jimlynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 03:53 PM   #7158
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,973
Default

Since some of you may be leaving town, etc. in the next day or two (like Maggie), just wanted to say hope you all have a wonderful and very Merry Christmas!

I'll be around - and maybe even making a card on Christmas Day - but just wanted to tell you now in case you scoot out of town tomorrow. We have a GREAT group and I feel like each and every one of y'all are my very best friends. I'm very blessed! Thanks for everything you do for our little group.
__________________
My Blog: Creative Crafts by Lynn
Design For: Digi Haven
Design For: Tuesday Throwdown
jimlynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 06:19 PM   #7159
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 131,065
Default

Worked on getting the house in order today before my trip. Decided that I'd like to have a clean house before I left and not have to come home and have to clean it up. All laundry is done and trying to get some packing done. I do have all the clothes that I'm taking pulled out of the closet and other things organized, so it's just a matter of putting it all into the suitcases.

Decided to keep Dorrie in the crate one more night. It's so cold out there and windy. I'll let her out when I go out and feed them in the morning before I go off to work.

Found 2 Christmas cards that I need to send off which makes me happy because I didn't want to forget these 2 people and I haven't had time to make any more cards. I am working on making another Tim Holtz wall hanging like I made at ScrapFest. I want to give one to my DGD that is getting married. One of the first Christmas decorations for their new home. I did want to make one for each of my DD's also, but found that I bought the wrong size canvas for them. Now I have to get 2 more the right size and I'll make them either late for for next year. I"m also going to give her the Santa's List Album that I made. I think I need to get a Bind It All. I love this cute album and would love to make more different ones, but have no way to put them together.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 09:28 PM   #7160
Pearl-ExPert
 
Kiwime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 2,710
Default

Happy Christmas to you all from New Zealand too - we have family here now so life is somewhat hectic, noisy and despite the best intentions, disorganised .....but we are loving it.
Hopefully I can pop in most days, but no promises.
__________________
Philippians 1:6 - I am a work in progress!
I Design for CCC Digi Challenge and Creative Craft Cottage Challenge
My Blog: http://kiwimeskreations.blogspot.com/
Kiwime is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off