Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2013, 12:25 PM   #6961
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Paige, got the PM with the card exchange names! Thanks so much for that.
Maggie, I sent your card out several weeks ago - hopefully you've gotten it by now.

I've been making a card today - notice I said A card and not cards.......Sometimes my brain just really has trouble clicking in! Finally got it finished though and even got a picture snapped! It's about 84 degrees here and gorgeous! Suppose to get cold this coming weekend though. Pretty big cold front coming down.

I think the reason I finally was able to craft is because Jim's off doing something today and I have the whole house to myself! Sometimes we just need that!!!! Of course, all kinds of weird-ness happens them. The electricity went off for about an hour this morning and then while ago, Rambo started going nuts outside barking. Yep, Sam the Snake is back with us once again.......and he's GROWN! Geeze!!!! I finally got Rambo and threw him in the house and then went looking for the hoe - not to kill the snake because they're good ones (as if ANY snake can be good). I just wanted to be able to pick it up and throw it out of the yard. I'm not like Jim who will pick them up and toss them over the fence. Anyway, by the time I found the hoe, Sam was gone. No idea where he is now - but guess as long as he's not in the house I'm ok! LOL!
I did get yours, and thought that I had thanked you for it, but if I neglected to do that, I'm really sorry. It is so cute and I have it up on my computer desk so I can see it. That's where I showcase all the cards that I receive. Sorry I'm behind getting yours out.

I did work on 2 cards last night while I was still feeling well. They are both the same but that still counts! I need to work on a lot more coming up.

SNAKES!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate snakes even the good ones. They give me the willies! Ever so often I'll get one in the yard, but the hunter cats take care of them. Another friend of mine has a black snake that lives in her yard too. Not me!
One Stitch at a Time
Sunshine Mail Foundation Challenge Blog
Creative Card Crew
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-03-2013, 12:31 PM   #6962
Pearl-ExPert

SOoooooo glad our country is snake free !!!!!!!!!!!!

I forget the Aloe Vera Maggie - I just use my hand creme - it's a good one, for sensitive skin, and the burn is not so bad that it is sore today - thankfully.

Raining now, so no chance of another dose, so once the H$#&**k is done I will be crafting

Glad you had a good night Maggie.
mschoener likes this post.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:24 PM   #6963
Forum Fanatic

Default Hi!

Yuck- not a fan of snakes.....I am with Rambo- bark at the snake!

Maxine- my Irish blood makes susceptible to sunburns..... Aloe makes me peel.....but it is wonderful to cool down the burn and take the sting out!
So, you sound back to you are back to yourself...you are getting lots done outside. Looking forward to the REAL Spellbinders reveal for you : )

Maggie- feel better. Are you stuffy or have more stomach like issues?

Kelly- did your daughter have Strep? or 1/2 strep? I had a dreadful sore throat when the virus started 3 weeks or so ago..... I never did run a temp though. Hope it stops with your daughter and no one else gets sick!!!

Lynn- glad you got some MoJo today. I would not enjoy touching a big snake- ick! Di you take the how and fling it over the fence...does it make its way right back?

I am working on some mini row houses- one inch wide and up to 3.5" tall- (ATC size range) we make two and exchange with others, and we put them together for a group of houses...... it is an interesting project. I hope it is worth all of the effort....

Thanks Paige for sending out our exchange names. Fun to hear about your snuggle time. Boy I hope my daughter does not fall in love while in China- it would be a killer to have grandkids so far away!

Off to bed- worked extra today, and have lots to do tomorrow!

Shelly
Old 12-04-2013, 04:09 AM   #6964
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin Twisted Tuesday

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: Camping in the Forest
Old 12-04-2013, 04:22 AM   #6965
Pearl-ExPert

Shelly, I would love to see pics of your mini houses when you get them done.

Anyone familiar with the Brother ScanNCut?

The Brother ScanNCut | Home and Hobby Fabric Cutter

I would love this for cutting out stamped images!

Have a great day everyone!

It's a snowy day here, with some schools starting late and others closed for the day! A great day to stay inside and craft!

Old 12-04-2013, 04:56 AM   #6966

Paige, I've never even heard of it. Sounds interesting though.

Old 12-04-2013, 07:25 AM   #6967
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Good morning, dears!!

I'm sorry to have been away ...I'm finding it harder and harder to get free time for the computer ...ER, iPad! My laptop is now safely in the hands of BIL who called to say Hola Hanna!! He may not even be able to fix it but I have faith!

Speaking of faith, my son attends a private Christian school and this am was the annual "Jingle jog" ... Lots of fun activities, holiday music, they have games and such and bring a toy for the less fortunate. It always breaks my heart to see the outpouring of live for the community ... It's so very humbling. My dd's do that with youth group and NHS so it's always a nice time of year to be thankful and give

sNAKES!! Yuck!! Ewe! Boo! Hiss!!! Good for Rambo! You know, I stepped on one last year! Barefoot!!!!!!! Life changing experience, I swear. My husband always gets on me about walking about barefoot ..yup, even outside ... Can't help it . And I was looking UP and not down at my daughters citrus tree and felt something slither then smack my ankle. I looked down to see it flying across the grass to safety. I let out a scream like no other!! It even gave me a warning bite, harmless snake and a small puncture but COME ON!! I nearLy had a heart attack!! In all fairness, the snake was just there sunning and it wasn't all that fair for me to come along and step in him ..LOL!! I will NEVER forget that ::::Shuddering :::::

Shell, we aren't sure what dd has and they have ruled out to rule in. Now it's a full on sore throat ..not strep. Rapid test was negative as was the 24 hr. He thought maybe mono (yes *that* mono! but not from smooching, bless her heart) but it wasn't that ...not H1N1 .. We just don't know. I just hope she gets better soon and yes, we all stay healthy for the holidays!!

Here's to hoping everyone is shopping, decorated, Christmas carded, family surrounded and all things wonderful!!!!!

Xoxo
Old 12-04-2013, 10:16 AM   #6968
Forum Fanatic

Good morning SA's! It is our last warm day here- in the 50's, then the temp is heading South- 30's and rainy tomorrow...... I am off today and soon to be creating : )

Kelly- hope they figure it out soon- I did not have a temp with my sore throat, but still stuffed up.....been on antibiotics for 3 weeks.....

Paige- wow- that is an awesome looking toy! I have not heard of that, but how cool! I am currently just happy to cut fabric with dies, but to scan in a shape and cut it- cool!

Is anyone decorating Christmas trees with a 'theme' in mind? My SIL had one that is all gold, one that is all Irish, etc...Oh, and one that is a Barbie theme too- one that is all cops......

Off to play : )

Shelly
Old 12-04-2013, 12:53 PM   #6969
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
Shelly, I would love to see pics of your mini houses when you get them done.

Anyone familiar with the Brother ScanNCut?

The Brother ScanNCut | Home and Hobby Fabric Cutter

I would love this for cutting out stamped images!

Have a great day everyone!

It's a snowy day here, with some schools starting late and others closed for the day! A great day to stay inside and craft!
That's an awesome toy Paige, but one that I probably wouldn't use that much. I actually like having my carts from Cricut to cut from and can make them any size I want. I guess you could use it to fussy cut an image, but probably way too expensive just for that.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 12-04-2013, 01:16 PM   #6970
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
Good morning SA's! It is our last warm day here- in the 50's, then the temp is heading South- 30's and rainy tomorrow...... I am off today and soon to be creating : )

Kelly- hope they figure it out soon- I did not have a temp with my sore throat, but still stuffed up.....been on antibiotics for 3 weeks.....

Paige- wow- that is an awesome looking toy! I have not heard of that, but how cool! I am currently just happy to cut fabric with dies, but to scan in a shape and cut it- cool!

Is anyone decorating Christmas trees with a 'theme' in mind? My SIL had one that is all gold, one that is all Irish, etc...Oh, and one that is a Barbie theme too- one that is all cops......

Off to play : )

Shelly
I Know a few people who decorate with a theme, but I'm lucky if I get the ornaments that I have put on, so my answer is no theme here. Just a plain old fashioned tree.

Yep, we have that cold front coming through tomorrow around noon - rainy weather, cold and temps dropping down into the 30s by Friday.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 12-04-2013, 01:23 PM   #6971
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
Good morning, dears!!

I'm sorry to have been away ...I'm finding it harder and harder to get free time for the computer ...ER, iPad! My laptop is now safely in the hands of BIL who called to say Hola Hanna!! He may not even be able to fix it but I have faith!

Speaking of faith, my son attends a private Christian school and this am was the annual "Jingle jog" ... Lots of fun activities, holiday music, they have games and such and bring a toy for the less fortunate. It always breaks my heart to see the outpouring of live for the community ... It's so very humbling. My dd's do that with youth group and NHS so it's always a nice time of year to be thankful and give

sNAKES!! Yuck!! Ewe! Boo! Hiss!!! Good for Rambo! You know, I stepped on one last year! Barefoot!!!!!!! Life changing experience, I swear. My husband always gets on me about walking about barefoot ..yup, even outside ... Can't help it . And I was looking UP and not down at my daughters citrus tree and felt something slither then smack my ankle. I looked down to see it flying across the grass to safety. I let out a scream like no other!! It even gave me a warning bite, harmless snake and a small puncture but COME ON!! I nearLy had a heart attack!! In all fairness, the snake was just there sunning and it wasn't all that fair for me to come along and step in him ..LOL!! I will NEVER forget that ::::Shuddering :::::

Shell, we aren't sure what dd has and they have ruled out to rule in. Now it's a full on sore throat ..not strep. Rapid test was negative as was the 24 hr. He thought maybe mono (yes *that* mono! but not from smooching, bless her heart) but it wasn't that ...not H1N1 .. We just don't know. I just hope she gets better soon and yes, we all stay healthy for the holidays!!

Here's to hoping everyone is shopping, decorated, Christmas carded, family surrounded and all things wonderful!!!!!

Xoxo
I sure hope BIL can fix your computer Kelly. If he can't, will you get another one or keep using your iPad.

That's such a sweet thing for the kids to do. At our church we do a Giving Wreath every year, but mostly for kids in our own Ward. Some of them are really in great need. I have to figure out if I want to shop or donate $$ for the lady in charge to do the shopping. You know how much I love to go shopping.

Yikes on the snake and getting bitten!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think I'd ever go out in my back yard again! I'm hating having to deal with these pesky possums and they are non aggressive.

Poor thing. Have you tried using Sage tea with some Apple cider vinegar in it for her to gargle. I'll have to find the complete recipe. It really helps with the sore throat. Also, if she likes dill pickles, she can suck on a pickle to help it too. I'm told that it's the vinegar that helps get rid of the sore throat. I hope they figure out what's wrong with her soon.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 12-04-2013, 03:31 PM   #6972

Themes - oh yes!!! I have lots of theme trees. One of my favorites is our International Tree that only has ornaments from other countries - that we've gotten on trips there or someone has given us from trips there. The tree topper is a REAL sombrero (huge) from Mexico! Then there's the Vacation Tree with ornaments we've gotten on vacations over the years. There's a Coke Tree with Coca Cola ornaments. It's in honor/memory of my paternal grandfather who, even though he was a painter by trade, drove a Coca Cola truck during the depression to support his family. There's a Brittney Tree , with ornaments made by my DD. She gives me one every year and has done so since she was 6 or 7. There's a Hallmark Tree , that has only Hallmark ornaments - that I've picked up at yard sales and thrift stores. We also collect Hallmark ornaments - buy one for each of the kids and myself every year - but those NEVER go on a tree. They suspend from the ceiling. There's a 1983 Tree , that has ornaments that were manufactured in 1983. My DH and I married that year. As we neared our 25th anniversary, I got the idea for this tree and started looking for 1983 ornaments (Ebay, Yard Sales, Thrift Stores, etc). There's a McDonald's Tree, with McDonald's ornaments on it. We have a Santa Tree , with Santa ornaments on it and a Snowman Tree with snowman ornaments on it. We have a Clock Tree with clock ornaments. They were given to me by a church member years ago - her DH loved clocks and she'd given him a clock ornament every year. He was deceased and she was elderly. They had no children. She wanted someone to have them that would appreciate them, so she gave them to me. We used to have a Laundry Tree , that was in an antique laundry tub and had clothesline for garland and strips of fabric pinned on with clothespins for ornaments and a laundry soap bottled turned upside down on top of it. It was one of my DD's favorites of our trees - but we don't have room for it in this teeny tiny house. We also had a Gingerbread Tree , but have no where for it either. DD has a gorgeous white tree with Raggedy Ann and Andy ornaments - but she took it with her when she moved to her first apartment. The Gift Tree (the one that has the presents under it) is in a picket fence that my FIL made for me at my request and it has cute ornaments that I've picked up at yard sales on it. It also has a ladder with a little Santa climbing it leaned up against the tree.

Oh......... I'm soooooo excited!!! I love Christmas!

We also have nativity sets - a few. And a HUGE village that my DS has given me. Each year he gives me a building and usually some little accessory, too. He started this tradition when he was 7.

Old 12-04-2013, 07:36 PM   #6973
Pearl-ExPert

I'm a bit like Maggie - I use what I have, although I have tried to head towards a green tree with white ornaments - a lot of mine are home made lace ones - both bobbin lace and crochet. There are a few baubles I hang that I have cross stitched over the years too, and some wooden and 'silver' ornaments from Dayspring telling the Christmas story. I also have some of the ornaments that Mum and Dad used, so they would be over 60 years old....
Old 12-04-2013, 07:41 PM   #6974
Pearl-ExPert

Kelly I received your beautiful card and the wee gift you enclosed this afternoon after we got back from the hospital - thank you so much - it made my day.

The weather here has been appalling - rain, rain and more rain all day, and driving was hard work - I even aqua-planed at one point . Not badly thankfully as I was passing at the time, but it gave us a bit of a fright - DH joked that it would wash away all the evidence and the car would not be a give-away now - MEN!!

His clinic appointment went well - but there is a fine film of tissue where there shouldn't be in his eye, and it is that 'wrinkling' that is causing these latest issues. We go back up in a couple of weeks for a visit with the consultant and a decision re surgery - which is also risky.... prayers for wisdom would be appreciated, thanks.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:45 PM   #6975
Pearl-ExPert

Paige, I've never heard of a ScanNCut either. I enjoyed reading about it and what all it's capable of doing! I can't image being able to have it cut out anything I wanted!!! WOW! Are you going to get one? Also - been meaning to ask..........are y'all have just a little bit of cold weather up your way!!!!! (Ok, not funny right!) LOL!

Kelly...........snakes alive! Yikes on stepping on one. I'd STILL probably be suffering from that experience - and never go barefoot again! Hope your daughter starts feeling better soon! Oh, and also hope you get your laptop fixed without too much cost.

Shelly, hope all is going good at your end. Brrrrrr..........on that cold weather - and it's filtering down this way tomorrow and through the weekend. We've been in the 80's for the last few days and really enjoying it!

Maxine, do you mean to tell me you don't have ANY snakes there!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm moving!!!!Hope your sunburn is better now.

Maggie, stay bundled up beginning tomorrow - going to be a little bit chilly I'm afraid!

Darlene, hope all is going well with you these days. I was thinking about you today and wondering if the leaves have already changed color up that way. I'm sure they have but the ones around here are just now getting there. We don't have many in the area that change to those beautiful fall colors but a few.

Jeanette............YIKER MIKERS!!!!!!!!!! You've got my head swimming with all the Christmas trees!!!! Mercy me! I think it'd be super fun to decorate them - but taking all of it down would NOT make me happy! I'd probably just have to leave them up all year long. I know they must be beautiful! You'll have to post pictures! How big are the trees?

I had an all western tree one year - but that's been it. I just do a traditional type one with a few glass ornaments that were from my childhood, and then different things I've bought over the years and ornaments the kids (and now grandkids too) have made. It's a fun tree to see and bring back all the memories. This year though, since it's just Jim and Rambo and I, is a little pre-lit 3 footer (that's up) and that's it. Can't decide what to put on it since I don't want to drag out all the Christmas stuff to just get to ornaments. Maybe I'll tie Milk Bones all over it with ribbon for Rambo!!!!!

We went to the city today to return an item that I've had for several weeks. While there Jim said he wanted to do some Christmas shopping for the grandchildren. Don't EVER take a male with you for stuff like that! We came back with one gift for one of the granddaughters - and then pliers, box cutter, hot sauce, shirts....for JIM! I told him to just give me some ideas on what he wanted to get because he was NOT going with me anymore! LOL!
Old 12-04-2013, 07:55 PM   #6976
Pearl-ExPert

Lynn - you are welcome to move here - we are a snake free country and I go barefoot all summer - bliss!!
Old 12-05-2013, 03:26 AM   #6977

Maxine, I'm so glad you and your DH were safe in your tense drive yesterday! Yikes! That's scary!

Lynn, you're right, putting it up is more fun than taking it down. And the house looks so empty when I pack up the forest in January. (Many of the trees are 6' tall; one is 7' tall and a few are 3-4' tall.)

Barefoot - oh yes! That's me! Year round. I've even been known to step outside barefoot in winter - only for a moment - to get the mail - LOL! One time I didn't realize the patio was a bit frosty/dampish - and my toes froze to the concrete. OUCH! I don't recommend that.

My DH, on the other hand wears shoes ALL THE TIME! In fact, when we were first married, I was convinced he must even wear them in the shower. I peeked. He didn't.

Old 12-05-2013, 03:30 AM   #6978
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts!

Jeanette, please tell me that those trees are little bitty and NOT full size 6' trees! It would take forever to decorate them and take them down. Not something that I would care to do either.

I need a large tree for most of my ornaments that are hand made and heavy, so I just use the smaller ones for my small tree. I am determined though to have a big tree again someday with all my precious ornaments on it. I do miss that.

Oh Lynn, I never liked going shopping with the DH along, but it was always because he'd be standing there bored, tapping his foot waiting for me to get done. Ugh! What a mood killer.

Maxine - hope all goes well with DH's next eye appointment. I know it has to be a source of anxiety for both of you.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 12-05-2013, 03:32 AM   #6979

LOL! Nope, Maggie, not going to say it. Not going to lie - not even for you.

Old 12-05-2013, 06:40 AM   #6980
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all!! Rolled through Starbucks after dropping off my son and doing my library reshelving ..woot! I <3 Starbucks!!!!!! It was a much needed refresher ..up since 5 am with my daughter. Yep, back to the peds today and off to a specialist this afternoon.

Maxine, make room for me!! I'm barefoot all year!! Love love it!! Snake free, I could deal with that

I'm pretty sure I'm 85% done with Christmas shopping! I checked my list and checked it twice!! I had Pandora on my iPad going earlier and enjoying the Cmas tunes while wrapping some stragglers. I always wrap from Santa in separate paper!

Did you guys here that There She Goes stamps is closing!? I was so sad to get that email. I'm always sad to see any craft store close down. Her stamps are a bit pricey but I had to scoop up two of them (ya know, for my stocking!) before they sold because I have eyeing them for 3 years!! I don't need them. I don't need to buy more of anything crafty! But I have done this before and watched the ship sale and regretted it, so I just did it

Wish I could stay and chat but must get out of the house ... Hopefully today will bring some answers.
Hugs all around!!
Old 12-05-2013, 07:04 AM   #6981
Pearl-ExPert

Maxine, you'll be in our prayers with your husbands eye problems. I think any surgery is scary - but hopefully all will turn out great. Keep us up to date on what's going on.

Kelly, sorry your daughter isn't really getting better it seems. Hope they can get her on something to knock this out.

Yep, I saw where they're closing. Just wondering if they're going to be cutting prices later on in the month. Of course by then there probably won't be anything left worth grabbing.

Since Jim and I don't do gifts for each other at Christmas, I'm really thinking I need to pick up something (or more than one!!!!!) for myself! Any suggestions!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2013, 09:54 AM   #6982
Stazon Splitcoast

Lol, that's exactly why I ordered, Lynn!! My dh would have just said why didn't you get it! So I did I don't usually buy craft supplies or stamps since I have enough but after 3 years of oogling, I figured why not. And the Cyber Monday coupon still worked! Woot!!

I also got 3 new sets of TAWS last month which I haven't even looked at. So sad for lack of crafting time.

Dd is not going to a specialist after all ... She has acute tonsillitis, which he suspected but needed to rule out others. All blood work and labs are fine ..woot! Spending a fortune in dr company's and labs and fees but thank God all is well! Thanks for all the kind words ... Now to get her healthy before her birthday!!!
Old 12-05-2013, 09:55 AM   #6983

Oh my goodness, Maggie! I have YOUR Apple and Sweet Potato Soup (recipe) in the crockpot and it smells INCREDIBLY good! I'm going to hardly wait for supper today!

Old 12-05-2013, 10:06 AM   #6984
Pearl-ExPert

Jeanette that sounds like DH and I - him in shoes and me barefooted by preference .

Kelly I do hope you find some answers and some healing for your daughter - what a worry - Will be praying for you.

I still have some Christmas shopping to do - DD, and three adult gifts......... and am stuck as to what to give .

Better go and get out of bed and get the day underway - hopefully I will get back later.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:09 AM   #6985
Stazon Splitcoast

That's interesting ... Depends on what you like! Unless you meant craft wise

Maxine, many hugs and prayers being sent your way, my friend!

Quote:
Maxine, you'll be in our prayers with your husbands eye problems. I think any surgery is scary - but hopefully all will turn out great. Keep us up to date on what's going on.

Kelly, sorry your daughter isn't really getting better it seems. Hope they can get her on something to knock this out.

Yep, I saw where they're closing. Just wondering if they're going to be cutting prices later on in the month. Of course by then there probably won't be anything left worth grabbing.

Since Jim and I don't do gifts for each other at Christmas, I'm really thinking I need to pick up something (or more than one!!!!!) for myself! Any suggestions!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2013, 10:43 AM   #6986
Pearl-ExPert

Kelly - of course I mean craft wise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!! Just can't decide (which means I probably don't NEED a single thing!). I hate to spend more money on stamps when I have so many - but probably do need a few of those. Also, maybe some new dies, etc.......I had two on my wish list at Ellen Hutson - but she's out of stock on both. In fact, everything I'm looking at over there is out of stock! Grrrrrr........Also like the Paper Smooches and TAWS stamps - of course! Hummmmmmm.........Don't really need a ClipNCut like Paige is talking about I don't think. Don't know if I'd get my money's worth out of it. Keep thinking gang!

Kelly, so glad they figured out what was going on with your daughter. It may be time to rip those babies out!!

Jeanette, your apple and sweet potato soup sounds heavenly.....we'll all be right over!

Maxine, wish I could help out on the adult gifts. I have a brother that's close to impossible to buy for so I usually give him a Barnes and Noble gift card. He always loves those. Maybe if any of the stores around there offer gift cards that would be an idea.

Question ladies.........this is really going to sound weird and I have no idea what to do. I have a tube of the Liquid Applique stuff and started to use it the other night and the white has turned dirty brown! I've shaken it until I'm blue in the face and that didn't help. It's not stuck in the tube - it's just dirty brown. It was given to me a long time ago and so no idea how old it is. I don't use it except maybe around Christmas usually and used it last year and it was fine. Any idea how to get it white again - or if I just need to buy some more?
Old 12-05-2013, 12:32 PM   #6987
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post
Oh my goodness, Maggie! I have YOUR Apple and Sweet Potato Soup (recipe) in the crockpot and it smells INCREDIBLY good! I'm going to hardly wait for supper today!
You mean the Chicken Stew with the apples and sweet potatoes?? That is so yummy. I want to come have some with you.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 12-05-2013, 01:08 PM   #6988
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Kelly - of course I mean craft wise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!! Just can't decide (which means I probably don't NEED a single thing!). I hate to spend more money on stamps when I have so many - but probably do need a few of those. Also, maybe some new dies, etc.......I had two on my wish list at Ellen Hutson - but she's out of stock on both. In fact, everything I'm looking at over there is out of stock! Grrrrrr........Also like the Paper Smooches and TAWS stamps - of course! Hummmmmmm.........Don't really need a ClipNCut like Paige is talking about I don't think. Don't know if I'd get my money's worth out of it. Keep thinking gang!

Kelly, so glad they figured out what was going on with your daughter. It may be time to rip those babies out!!

Jeanette, your apple and sweet potato soup sounds heavenly.....we'll all be right over!

Maxine, wish I could help out on the adult gifts. I have a brother that's close to impossible to buy for so I usually give him a Barnes and Noble gift card. He always loves those. Maybe if any of the stores around there offer gift cards that would be an idea.

Question ladies.........this is really going to sound weird and I have no idea what to do. I have a tube of the Liquid Applique stuff and started to use it the other night and the white has turned dirty brown! I've shaken it until I'm blue in the face and that didn't help. It's not stuck in the tube - it's just dirty brown. It was given to me a long time ago and so no idea how old it is. I don't use it except maybe around Christmas usually and used it last year and it was fine. Any idea how to get it white again - or if I just need to buy some more?
I think you have to buy some new. I've had that happen to me also with the white - it turned kind of taupe.

My whole family does Amazon Wish Lists, so we can just go there and order gifts, but they all like gift cards too. I just ended up order a ton of gift cards off Scrip Now to help my DGD with her fundraiser for her choir trip to Disneyworld next Spring.

I'm so glad you mentioned Ellen Huston. I buy my Xpress It Blending Card from her and I hear it is going up in price and I wanted to order a ream before it does. Need to remember to do that tonight.

Just got an e-mail that we are getting our Christmas bonuses tomorrow. $$
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 12-05-2013, 01:17 PM   #6989
Pearl-ExPert

Yea, for a bonus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the word about the Liquid Applique too! Now, I just need to find it. Looked at Mike's and Hobby Lobby and neither one of them have it. Guess I'll try JoAnn's and if not there will have to order it. Bummer! I needed it yesterday!

Lynn
Old 12-05-2013, 01:18 PM   #6990
Stazon Splitcoast

I love shopping at Amazon I buy 50% of what I need from there!

Yes, Lynn ..your appliqué sounds like it needs replacing. It sadly doesn't have a very long shelf life. Maybe you can use it as fur for those adorable paper smooches doggies on your cards!!

Looks like we're heading to Maggie's for her apple and sweet potato soup! Yum!!

Lynn, happy shipping for your Cmas gifts! How about a couple of stamps and matching die sets? MFT and YNS have adorable ones. So does ODBD but that's more Christian themed.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:26 PM   #6991
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
I love shopping at Amazon I buy 50% of what I need from there!

Yes, Lynn ..your appliqué sounds like it needs replacing. It sadly doesn't have a very long shelf life. Maybe you can use it as fur for those adorable paper smooches doggies on your cards!!

Looks like we're heading to Maggie's for her apple and sweet potato soup! Yum!!

Lynn, happy shipping for your Cmas gifts! How about a couple of stamps and matching die sets? MFT and YNS have adorable ones. So does ODBD but that's more Christian themed.
LOL! Better detour over to Jeanette's because she's the one making the Chicken Stew tonight!

You guys are a bad influence on me! Trying to stay away from stamping stuff right now. I just ordered an October Afternoon Santa pack yesterday and can't wait to get it to see what is in it.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 12-05-2013, 01:27 PM   #6992
Quacker Stamper

I have been so busy today with my crazy boss, but the day has just dragged. I can't believe it's not 5 PM yet!

The temps have already gone down to 50 this afternoon and will get colder tonight and for the next 5 or so days. Supposed to be lows in the 20's over the weekend.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 12-05-2013, 01:50 PM   #6993
Pearl-ExPert

Oh I love all the MFT stuff. I'll check these out. My problem is that I want it ALL!!!!

Maggie it's almost 5:00......hang in there and just keep thinking of that bonus!
Old 12-05-2013, 03:28 PM   #6994
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Oh I love all the MFT stuff. I'll check these out. My problem is that I want it ALL!!!!

Maggie it's almost 5:00......hang in there and just keep thinking of that bonus!
I love MFT also and I have to stay away or else I'd be broke!

I made it!! It was just the longest day even though I was super busy all day and had to fix something that my boss did. He likes to think he can be a secretary.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 12-05-2013, 04:47 PM   #6995

YUM! Maggie, yes it was the chicken one... and sweet potatoes and apples and herbs. Oh my! Delicious!

Old 12-05-2013, 05:02 PM   #6996
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post
YUM! Maggie, yes it was the chicken one... and sweet potatoes and apples and herbs. Oh my! Delicious!
Yep, it's a keeper!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:04 AM   #6997
Stazon Splitcoast

Finally!!!!

Old 12-06-2013, 03:32 AM   #6998

It's a winter wonderland at my house this morning!

Old 12-06-2013, 05:54 AM   #6999
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I ordered one from MFT on their $6 anniversary sale ... A girly stamp and matching die. I'm not sure it's really me but ordered it thinking it would also make a nice gift

My problem is I already have too many stamps!!!!!!
Old 12-06-2013, 05:56 AM   #7000
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
I have been so busy today with my crazy boss, but the day has just dragged. I can't believe it's not 5 PM yet!

The temps have already gone down to 50 this afternoon and will get colder tonight and for the next 5 or so days. Supposed to be lows in the 20's over the weekend.
I'm sorry your day wasn't the very best. Here's to today!!!!