Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2013, 04:21 AM   #6921
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Oh no, Lynn! I'm sorry you were sick and then injured on Thanksgiving Day. UGH!

Thanks for all your congrats on my purchase. I have been so busy I haven't even had time to play with my new toy - but I'm sure I'm going to love it!

Speaking of loving something - OH MY!!! Shelly, I got your card in the mail yesterday and it is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! What an adorable image - and the sparkly snowmen are colored so perfectly. Love he layout, the papers, the snowflake! WOW!!! What a masterpiece! And I love how you did the inside, too! THANK YOU!!!
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin Twisted Tuesday

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: Camping in the Forest
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-30-2013, 05:11 AM   #6922
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Good morning!! Today is tree decorating day!! I love Christmas! I get my Starbucks, put on our Cmas tunes, and have a happy family moment ... Sans dh who is usually snoring on the couch, LOL!!

My daughter16 was invited to help decorate a friends church so we are starting early

Darlene, your beautiful card arrived yesterday! Thank you, my friend! It's a treasure!
And Maxine, I don't know if I posted that yours arrived in the madness of Tgiving and it's stunning! I admired it on your blog but IRL it's just gorgeous. So much talent in this group!!!!!

J, I'm sure you will love your new present. I have the iPad, not the mini, and LOVE mine!!! It's been a saving grace! Now I just have to figure out how to blog with it, but I'm doing okay so far!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 11-30-2013, 05:26 AM   #6923
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
Congratulations Jeanette - enjoy your new toy !!!

We have spent the latter part of the day at Waikato hospital - DH had an appointment with the Plastic surgeon re a growth on his face - it will come off/out in January (day surgery). Then we headed up to the Eye clinic as he has had problems with one eye - they were really good, as he did not have an appointment. They did a basic check and we now have an appointment for next Thursday, 2 weeks earlier than his scheduled one.....

On the way home we stopped off and saw my brother for half an hour, and then called in on DH's brother as we came into town, so quite a busy day in all.

The growth he had off his leg a couple of weeks ago was totally benign - thankfully!

Oh Maggie, I hope you don't get roasted like the turkey now you have admitted to being stuffed
Sounds like DH had some really good news on his doctor visits. So happy for you and him.

LOL! It's not hot enough here for me to get roasted.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 11-30-2013, 05:29 AM   #6924
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
I'm sorry Maxine for your troubles. Hang in there friend!!

My dd18 had to work a 12 hour shift for Black Friday and had to go in at 12 am .. Yikes! I told her it's good prep for being a. Ruse LOL!

My dd16 and I left at 11pm and shopped til,we dropped, finishing at 4 am!!!! We went to Denny's at 4:30 am and it was crowded! We sat right away but the line formed after us
We had a blast!

We just picked up,our tree and I've got,like 1/4 of the decor up. We are waiting for,the tree branches to fall my house smells so good!

I love Christmas!!!!!!
Sorry your DD had to work yesterday, but so it goes. Sounds like you and dd16 had a fun time. No way would I go out that late at night. Did you go to bed when you got home????

Me too. I used to love having a real tree. I saw on Shark Tank last night a guy that has a business where he rents you a Christmas tree in a pot and they deliver it, you use it, and then when the holiday is over, they come back and get it No messy clean up.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-30-2013, 05:34 AM   #6925
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
Sounds like almost everyone had a great day yesterday....Lynn, were you able to enjoy any of the food?

I have gained 6 pounds in the last couple of months.....boo! Had a Dr visit this Am and they had to weigh me : ( I guess I will have to really behave in the next few weeks so my clothes will still fit me.

Darlene- yes-we are here for you- we all have our bad times and it is sure nice to know our Blogging friends are also here for you {HUGS}

Jeanette- very exciting- so glad you were able to score your Ipad mini- I am not sure what the difference is in Ipads- but that is cool!

Maxine- what a day you had! Whew- sounds quite tiring! Does your hubby have Macular Degeneration? Glad the leg report was good : )

Maggie- good thing you remembered that sticker- that would be bad if you forgot- and got a ticket! Glad it was not too difficult to take care of it. Oh- did you get a pic of the Turkey cupcakes? Sounds really cute!

Kelly- I cannot have a real tree because of my mold allergies- but I love the house smelling like Christmas- I read your note, closed my eyes and can smell pine : ) How awesome!

Have a blessed weekend- we will head into the City (Chicago) with Stephi tomorrow, then have a 50th B-day party to attend- should be a blast- a very fun group!

Hugs
Shelly
I'm sure I put on a couple pounds over the last few days, but hopefully after this weekend, I'll be able to go walk every day until it gets cold again next weekend.

I did get a photo of the turkey cupcakes I'll attach one here.

Have fun with Stephi and the 50th Bday party.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 004 (3).jpg (64.4 KB, 7 views)
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Old 11-30-2013, 05:40 AM   #6926
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh my, those are the cutest Maggie!!!!!! You are so creative!!! Love those candy corn feathers!! I bet they were a hit!!

I did not go back to bed, sadly! I tried, but dd18 was dropped off at work as her boss recommended they not drive (lack of parking from crazy BF shoppers like me LOL!) she needed to be picked up at 7. And at 6:45 when I left, she texted and said they are keeping her until 9:30! Not enough time to sleep either so I walked around the shopping center and Home Depot

About the tree,that's interesting, my trees make messes that I sweep up daily! Not to mention it falls between the gifts ..I'll have to look that up,out of curiousity to see how it works
Old 11-30-2013, 05:41 AM   #6927
Quacker Stamper

We had a great time yesterday up at Old Town Spring. There were 20 of us that went, both adults and kids. I like going around and seeing all the places all decorated for the holidays. I even bought a few Christmas presents. I had a grilled chicken sandwich with mushrooms and swiss cheese on it and fries for lunch. That was enough for the whole day. I wasn't hungry when we got back to the house later even with all those leftovers sitting out. I made myself a plate to bring home for lunch today. I don't think I'm going to be able to take part in today's activities. I'm officially SICK! I didn't sleep well - woke up about every hour all during the night with a stuffy nose. Sinuses are all stuffy and blowing. I also had a low grade fever this morning, so I think I'll just stay home and take it easy. Then maybe I'll be able to make it to the last get together tomorrow. We're having a birthday dinner at Red Robin for my DGD and 3 other of the kids that have December birthdays. Then we're going to the Zoo where they have a Christmas light display all throughout the park. Then it'll be Monday and back to work.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-30-2013, 05:48 AM   #6928
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Shell, an allergy to trees! Bless your heart!! I loved your visual of closing your eyes and smelling ...mmm.!! So are you okay when you go out into wooded areas or how up North Pines grow in the wild?

Have fun today!!!
Old 11-30-2013, 05:49 AM   #6929

Maggie, I'm sorry you're sick! Sending get well wishes!

Kelly, I hope I'll love my new toy. Time will tell. Have fun decorating the tree today!

Old 11-30-2013, 05:50 AM   #6930

Oh............. and those turkeys are sooooooooooooooo cute!!!

Old 11-30-2013, 09:15 AM   #6931
Pearl-ExPert

Oh Maggie - those turkeys are gorgeous - I thought it was a typo when you wrote it!!

Shelly that is bad news about your allergies - we have not had a real tree for years - too much mess and not really enough room - and this year the tree will have to be in an easily 'childproofed' corner as DD and SIL will be here with their 18 mth old son and 3 yr old daughter

So glad you liked the card Kelly - I was happy with it too, I must admit. It's arrival was well timed with you now setting up for Christmas.

To those under the weather and injured - Get well soon can't have you ill or injured at this time of year.
mschoener and MiamiKel4 like this post.
Old 11-30-2013, 09:21 AM   #6932
Pearl-ExPert

We're between company right now so thought I'd do a check in!

Maggie, the cupcakes are so cute!!! Sorry you're not feeling well.

Jeanette, are you loving the mini???

Shelly, that's great that you're getting to spend some time with Steph! Yes, I did get to eat a little bit on Thursday and managed to keep it down. Not fun having to cook though when all I wanted to do was go back to bed!

Darlene - you can come down and eat with us anytime you want - and not just on Thanksgiving or Christmas! Glad you had an "ok" day.

Maxine, good news on your husbands leg!! In fact, that's great news. Know that was a relief to hear.

Kelly, can't believe y'all shopped til you dropped! FUN! My daughter and I hit the city yesterday and found some really good deals. Got a few Christmas presents and also some new towels, etc. It was a fun day and the crowds weren't too bad except at Kohls. It was a little crazy there - and no shopping carts so you had to carry everything with you and then wait in line for about an hour. Other than that, all was good.

My daughter and her family left this morning and now we're waiting for Jim's youngest son. They'll be here all afternoon and then tomorrow his oldest son and crew will hit.
I'm REALLY ready for all of them to go home now!!! LOL!!! It's been a long few days around here.

Still haven't gotten to everyone's blog to comment, but will do so in the next few days.

Have a good weekend.

Lynn
Old 11-30-2013, 08:59 PM   #6933
Pearl-ExPert

Today is the day - I am going live with the Spellbloggers post. Just waiting for them to publish, and then I will go live - I can only show a teaser and a link. Their terms.

But I am getting a tad impatient as I was told they would be publishing about an hour ago........
MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:50 PM   #6934
Pearl-ExPert

Still waiting............... maybe in the morning, and then I will leave links here for you all.

What day is it for you over there?? Maybe i am a bit ahead of myself??????
Old 12-01-2013, 04:46 AM   #6935
Pearl-ExPert

Maxine, today is Sunday. It's almost 8:00 in the morning here in Texas. Can't wait to see your card!
Old 12-01-2013, 04:58 AM   #6936
Gabfest Goddess

Hello Addicted Friends!

I'm behind again, so will try to catch up...

Maxine, it's Sunday morning here...after I'm done commenting here I will try to find if your post is up...SO EXCITING Good news on hubby's health! Yay!

Maggie and Lynn, so sorry to hear that bad germs have settled in on you two. YUK. And Lynn, having company to boot (not literally, hahaha) you are more tolerant than I would be.

Jeanette has a new toy...Jeanette has a new toy...(you're supposed to hear a child's sing-song type of voice when you read this!) I love my iPad. Although I'm rather a novice at using it. I ADORE Pandora!!! It's such a great way to discover new music and artists! I can pair the bluetooth on the iPad with the surround sound on our TV and have wonderful music downstairs when I cook!!

Shelly, I've lost track, but if you are traveling home, please be safe! Did you have a good time with Steph at the Bday party?

Kelly, I am totally amazed at your shopping story!!! But I sure hope that you are finally getting some sleep. We can't have you getting sick too.

Now I need to go back and find what's going on in the rest of the gang's lives.

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 12-01-2013, 05:02 AM   #6937
Gabfest Goddess

I know who I left out - PAIGE!!

Anyone hear from her lately? Hope all is well with her.

Oh - Maggie, those turkey cupcakes are too cute!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 12-01-2013, 06:03 AM   #6938
Stazon Splitcoast

It's absolutely beautiful ... I hung it up yesterday! My first Christmas card!!! Xoxo

Our tres is up, the house is 95*/* done, our funny Elf has returned for more antics ..oh how my son LOVES him!! The lights are up outside and garland is strung but we need to put in the poinsettias that are just sitting there

How about you girls?

Quote:
Oh Maggie - those turkeys are gorgeous - I thought it was a typo when you wrote it!!

Shelly that is bad news about your allergies - we have not had a real tree for years - too much mess and not really enough room - and this year the tree will have to be in an easily 'childproofed' corner as DD and SIL will be here with their 18 mth old son and 3 yr old daughter

So glad you liked the card Kelly - I was happy with it too, I must admit. It's arrival was well timed with you now setting up for Christmas.

To those under the weather and injured - Get well soon can't have you ill or injured at this time of year.
Old 12-01-2013, 06:06 AM   #6939
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart

Quote:
Today is the day - I am going live with the Spellbloggers post. Just waiting for them to publish, and then I will go live - I can only show a teaser and a link. Their terms.

But I am getting a tad impatient as I was told they would be publishing about an hour ago........
I can't wait!!!!!! I'm so exited for you!!!!!!

Hi Lynn, how's the company? Hopefully no fleas this time!!

Darlene, always good to see your posts, dear!! Somehow you manage to sprinkle a smile and good word around for all! Love you!
Old 12-01-2013, 06:09 AM   #6940
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart

Yay for December! Let the madness begin!! 3 daughters with December birthdays, holiday shows and church/school activities, Christmas, etc ... Wowza, I'll be plum nuts by January!!! Every year I think I've learned from the last and think I'm ready ....bwahahaha ... Funny!

Okay, girls ... Breath in, breath out, breath in ..... Ready!? GO!!!!
Old 12-01-2013, 09:26 AM   #6941
Pearl-ExPert

Still breathing - in - out - in - out..........

Trip to Rotorua today for shopping (including my own pressie), the audiologists for DH, and possiblly new aides as his are starting to give problems after nearly 8 years, and some clothes - the summer wardrobe is a tad shabby.

Looks as though it will be another 11 hours before I go live.......... I got a bit ahead of myself and didn't figure the time zones correctly - it's Monday morning here

Be good y'hear - b back late today

Hmmm, haven't seen a post from Paige recently either........ she is usually pretty prolific on her blog.
Old 12-01-2013, 01:35 PM   #6942
Pearl-ExPert

Yes, where is Paige!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Paige, if you're out there, give us a holler!!!

All the company is FINALLY gone - as of about 2:00 this afternoon! The house is a wreck - and I don't care! I've been washing clothes every since they left and don't think I've made much of dent in it all!! I'm sick of people and sick of turkey! LOL! Jim and Rambo took a nice long nap this afternoon but not me. I just can't hardly sleep during the day like that unless I'm sick. Oh, and NO FLEAS this time!!!!!!!!! Of course, none of them brought their dog either! LOL!

Maxine, we'll be waiting to see you card and already know it's a beauty! Glad you got some new threads! That always makes us happy. Now, what are you buying yourself for Christmas?????

Kelly, take about 15 good breaths and start in on the madness! Yikes!!! Just think of all the memories you're creating for the kids - and yourself though!

We finally got our tree yesterday. I ALWAYS have a big 7 foot tree and decorate it to the max. None of my kids will be here this year though so I got a 3 foot pre-lit one and am really trying to decide if I even want to put decorations on it! I know - I'm bad! I'm probably not going to decorate the rest of the house here. It's just going to be Jim and I and Rambo. Jim's kids will wander through at some point in time - but that could be anywhere from now until February like they did one year. SO..........
Old 12-01-2013, 02:03 PM   #6943
Pearl-ExPert

Waving hello!

Had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend with our immediate family, minus one of our sons, who had to work.

My DD and her family left this morning. I miss the snuggles already! My oldest son left on Sat. afternoon.

I'm sick of doing dishes (and changing diapers!) The leftovers are all gone, sent everything home with our son and daughter! Now DH wants a turkey of his own! Ha!

I so need to get into my craft room - it has been too long!

Will have Dec. partners out later tonight or tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great week ahead!

Old 12-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #6944
Pearl-ExPert

Bad news - got home after a day in the big smoke of Rotorua and there is an email delaying the big reveal for a week - so it's about this time next week - ARRGgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - not impressed .

DH is getting a new hearing aide - phew - the old ones are being a pain, but he hates change so was resisting.

I got myself assorted craft goodies - an artists sketch book to challenge myself to do an art journal next year, paper pads, bling, stamp cleaner, inkpad, magnetic tape..... nothing big, but with the store specials, senior discount (15% on anything not on special) and a voucher I paid $63 for about $120 worth .
Old 12-01-2013, 08:20 PM   #6945
Forum Fanatic

Default Hi!

A crazy week for all of us! And, now it is December! 24 days until Christmas......

Stephi went back to college this afternoon.... Ray, got the Christmas lights up and going, and I did not do alot other than make dinner and start a card I have to have done tomorrow. I found a fun project of Pintrest to make with the envelope punch board, and am making a card with a Technique from the new Technique Junkies newsletter. I am having fun : )

My son heard he is hired as a Ski Instructor part time in Telluride this winter and will also work for a roofing company..... I have a nephew there as well, so it will be nice for him to have family nearby : )

My daughter Katie took some American food in for her Chinese students to try- Pumpkin Pie, Sweet Potato casserole and deviled eggs. The Chinese do not like the sweet foods- so even the Pumpkin Pie was pretty sweet for them. Katie has very few kitchen tools, so I can just imagine cooking without them. She has a blog if anyone is interested in peeking in at her life in Jinan : )
Adventures Abroad

Maggie- the Turkey cupcakes are adorable! How fun! Sorry you caught a bug : ( Hope you do not have too hectic of a day tomorrow.

Maxine- awww- will be a long week waiting for the reveal of your project...... Fun to plan for having little ones in the house for Christmas- smiling...lots of snuggles! And, glad you got alot of new stash at the store, plus glad hubby got his hearing aides updated- now he will have no excuses.......

Lynn- sorry you got sick.... and are sick of all of the craziness! Glad the fleas stayed at home....

Paige- glad you had fun and lots of snuggles too : ) Life is good!

Kelly- whoa- buckle your seatbelt! Dec. is here- prepare to have a blast and be on the run!

Jeanette- hope you have time to learn the Ipad soon- and glad the card arrived, and that you enjoyed it! Enjoy all of your decorating. Are all of your angels finished?

Darlene- have a great week! I am Thankful for you too : )

Shelly
Old 12-02-2013, 05:44 AM   #6946

Whew! Glad to see we found Paige. I thought we were going to have to put an ad in the Lost/Found column.

Paige, I loved hearing about your Thanksgiving - snuggles and all!

Maxine, UGH! Sorry they delayed the announcement!

Shelly, yes, those angels are finished. I still have to make the gifts for the church families - which will be a different angel, but still have plenty of time for that.

Darlene, I love Pandora!!! I have been using it on my iphone - Christmas music - and put it in my pocket, so that no matter where I roam in my house (decorating) I can hear Christmas tunes!

Lynn, sadly, I still haven't had time to play with my mini. I hope to do so soon!

Kelly, are we ready to party???

Waving to everyone!

Old 12-02-2013, 08:33 AM   #6947
Stazon Splitcoast

No!!!! We are NOT ready to party, lol!! I need to getting my jogging shoes on so I can kick it into gear ... 2 more weeks!!

And tomorrow is my baby girls birthday so I've got a cake to bake and a card to make!! She is going to FLIP when she sees her bday gift!!!!!

Hi, all! I'll respond in detail later ... Got to get dd16 to the pediatrician as she has half a sore throat. Yes, half ... Not sure what that means but she says it's on fire. Just half

Hugs!!!!
Old 12-02-2013, 12:42 PM   #6948
Pearl-ExPert

Maxine, sorry about the delay in the post but know it's going to be wonderful - and worth waiting for! Sounds like you got a bunch of new goodies too! FUN!!!!!

Shelly, that's great about you son being able to be a skiing instruction. What fun he's going to have. I just ordered that We R Memory Keepers Envelope punch - so will have to find what you're talking about on Pinterest. I'm actually just hoping I can figure out how to make an envelope with it!

Kelly, never heard of half a sore throat! Hope you find out what the problem is though.

Jeanette, you're a whiz to already finish the angels! Know they're cute and pretty.

I'm really rushing through today. Seems I have a billion things to do. Trying to get the house back in order and then had to run to town to finish up a couple of the grands Christmas gifts. Mine are all done - but we still have to work on Jim's grand kids now. We have a total of 10 together! No cheap by any means.

Has anyone taken advantage of Cyber Monday today?
Old 12-02-2013, 01:38 PM   #6949
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
We're between company right now so thought I'd do a check in!

Maggie, the cupcakes are so cute!!! Sorry you're not feeling well.

Jeanette, are you loving the mini???

Shelly, that's great that you're getting to spend some time with Steph! Yes, I did get to eat a little bit on Thursday and managed to keep it down. Not fun having to cook though when all I wanted to do was go back to bed!

Darlene - you can come down and eat with us anytime you want - and not just on Thanksgiving or Christmas! Glad you had an "ok" day.

Maxine, good news on your husbands leg!! In fact, that's great news. Know that was a relief to hear.

Kelly, can't believe y'all shopped til you dropped! FUN! My daughter and I hit the city yesterday and found some really good deals. Got a few Christmas presents and also some new towels, etc. It was a fun day and the crowds weren't too bad except at Kohls. It was a little crazy there - and no shopping carts so you had to carry everything with you and then wait in line for about an hour. Other than that, all was good.

My daughter and her family left this morning and now we're waiting for Jim's youngest son. They'll be here all afternoon and then tomorrow his oldest son and crew will hit.
I'm REALLY ready for all of them to go home now!!! LOL!!! It's been a long few days around here.

Still haven't gotten to everyone's blog to comment, but will do so in the next few days.

Have a good weekend.

Lynn
You really seem to be having company all the time and they come in waves so you get rid of some and then more come! Good thing you like them all.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-02-2013, 01:40 PM   #6950
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Did you post a link to this? I haven't seen it yet and don't see it on the Spellbinders website.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-02-2013, 01:44 PM   #6951
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcardmaking View Post
Hello Addicted Friends!

I'm behind again, so will try to catch up...

Maxine, it's Sunday morning here...after I'm done commenting here I will try to find if your post is up...SO EXCITING Good news on hubby's health! Yay!

Maggie and Lynn, so sorry to hear that bad germs have settled in on you two. YUK. And Lynn, having company to boot (not literally, hahaha) you are more tolerant than I would be.

Jeanette has a new toy...Jeanette has a new toy...(you're supposed to hear a child's sing-song type of voice when you read this!) I love my iPad. Although I'm rather a novice at using it. I ADORE Pandora!!! It's such a great way to discover new music and artists! I can pair the bluetooth on the iPad with the surround sound on our TV and have wonderful music downstairs when I cook!!

Shelly, I've lost track, but if you are traveling home, please be safe! Did you have a good time with Steph at the Bday party?

Kelly, I am totally amazed at your shopping story!!! But I sure hope that you are finally getting some sleep. We can't have you getting sick too.

Now I need to go back and find what's going on in the rest of the gang's lives.
Thanks - doing better today.

I love Pandora also. I have it on at the office all day - usually Light Jazz, but now it's Christmas music.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-02-2013, 01:48 PM   #6952
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post

Yay for December! Let the madness begin!! 3 daughters with December birthdays, holiday shows and church/school activities, Christmas, etc ... Wowza, I'll be plum nuts by January!!! Every year I think I've learned from the last and think I'm ready ....bwahahaha ... Funny!

Okay, girls ... Breath in, breath out, breath in ..... Ready!? GO!!!!
Yesterday was my DGD's 18th birthday plus 3 other cousins have birthdays in December. We all went to a family dinner (32 of us) at Red Robin. Talk about chaos!!!!!! It was madness trying to get our bills paid. Each family was trying to do just one for themselves. Should have just given each person a bill and then the parents could have paid for their kids. I was not well and was glad that I got my bill first and could pay and get out of there and go home. Went right to bed with chills and 100.7 fever. Lucky it broke during the night and today getting back to normal. The rest of the family went to Zoo Lights. I saw some photos on FB today. It was really pretty, and sorry I missed it, but I would not have made it through that.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-02-2013, 01:51 PM   #6953
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Yes, where is Paige!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Paige, if you're out there, give us a holler!!!

All the company is FINALLY gone - as of about 2:00 this afternoon! The house is a wreck - and I don't care! I've been washing clothes every since they left and don't think I've made much of dent in it all!! I'm sick of people and sick of turkey! LOL! Jim and Rambo took a nice long nap this afternoon but not me. I just can't hardly sleep during the day like that unless I'm sick. Oh, and NO FLEAS this time!!!!!!!!! Of course, none of them brought their dog either! LOL!

Maxine, we'll be waiting to see you card and already know it's a beauty! Glad you got some new threads! That always makes us happy. Now, what are you buying yourself for Christmas?????

Kelly, take about 15 good breaths and start in on the madness! Yikes!!! Just think of all the memories you're creating for the kids - and yourself though!

We finally got our tree yesterday. I ALWAYS have a big 7 foot tree and decorate it to the max. None of my kids will be here this year though so I got a 3 foot pre-lit one and am really trying to decide if I even want to put decorations on it! I know - I'm bad! I'm probably not going to decorate the rest of the house here. It's just going to be Jim and I and Rambo. Jim's kids will wander through at some point in time - but that could be anywhere from now until February like they did one year. SO..........
I"m the same way. If I nap, then I won't be able to sleep at night. My body will only take so much sleep in one 24-hour period.

Not sure I'm putting up a tree either. I do have a small one that uses up my little ornaments so I might put it up if I have time. No visitors here either. My only dinner this holiday in TX with the kids will be on the 15th at DD's house because DH has his choir performance that night.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-02-2013, 01:53 PM   #6954
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
Waving hello!

Had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend with our immediate family, minus one of our sons, who had to work.

My DD and her family left this morning. I miss the snuggles already! My oldest son left on Sat. afternoon.

I'm sick of doing dishes (and changing diapers!) The leftovers are all gone, sent everything home with our son and daughter! Now DH wants a turkey of his own! Ha!

I so need to get into my craft room - it has been too long!

Will have Dec. partners out later tonight or tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great week ahead!
Glad you had some great snuggle time. LOL! I miss having turkey leftovers, but not enough to cook one for myself. I just buy the already sliced kind at the store.

So sorry Lynn that I haven't gotten your card out to you before the end of the month. I will work on that this week.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-02-2013, 01:56 PM   #6955
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Bad news - got home after a day in the big smoke of Rotorua and there is an email delaying the big reveal for a week - so it's about this time next week - ARRGgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - not impressed .

DH is getting a new hearing aide - phew - the old ones are being a pain, but he hates change so was resisting.

I got myself assorted craft goodies - an artists sketch book to challenge myself to do an art journal next year, paper pads, bling, stamp cleaner, inkpad, magnetic tape..... nothing big, but with the store specials, senior discount (15% on anything not on special) and a voucher I paid $63 for about $120 worth .
Oh bummer. Sorry about the delay. I know what you mean though. I had my card all done for Sunshine Mail and on the DT Blog and then when I looked yesterday, it wasn't on the Challenge Blog. E-mailed the girl and she said that I didn't put a label on it. Seems she collects them by labels and even if it's on the DT blog she won't get it. Duh! You would think that she'd look on the blog to see what's there. She missed another girl's card also. I'm not real impressed with her either.

Great news on DH's new hearing aid. And lots of fun new stuff for you.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-03-2013, 03:41 AM   #6956

I got my name! I got my name! (Thank you, Paige!) I'm just hoping I won't need to make Maggie's card a "Get Well" card. Maggie, I hope you're feeling better sooner than soon!

Old 12-03-2013, 09:44 AM   #6957
Pearl-ExPert

I've got my name too - now what will I do for Darlene???

Maggie, you look after yourself there and get better soon.

Spent the day outside yesterday and not only mowed the lawn but then got into a garden that had got a bit overgrown, and needed to be cut back so DH can paint the fence along one side........ I got soooooooooo much cut and dug out of it, and I am not finished yet

Thankfully today it is raining so I get a break - and the sunburn can settle - ooops, didn't intend to get burnt, and thankfully it is not bad, more itchy than anything this morning.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:48 AM   #6958
Pearl-ExPert

Paige, got the PM with the card exchange names! Thanks so much for that.
Maggie, I sent your card out several weeks ago - hopefully you've gotten it by now.

I've been making a card today - notice I said A card and not cards.......Sometimes my brain just really has trouble clicking in! Finally got it finished though and even got a picture snapped! It's about 84 degrees here and gorgeous! Suppose to get cold this coming weekend though. Pretty big cold front coming down.

I think the reason I finally was able to craft is because Jim's off doing something today and I have the whole house to myself! Sometimes we just need that!!!! Of course, all kinds of weird-ness happens them. The electricity went off for about an hour this morning and then while ago, Rambo started going nuts outside barking. Yep, Sam the Snake is back with us once again.......and he's GROWN! Geeze!!!! I finally got Rambo and threw him in the house and then went looking for the hoe - not to kill the snake because they're good ones (as if ANY snake can be good). I just wanted to be able to pick it up and throw it out of the yard. I'm not like Jim who will pick them up and toss them over the fence. Anyway, by the time I found the hoe, Sam was gone. No idea where he is now - but guess as long as he's not in the house I'm ok! LOL!
Old 12-03-2013, 12:19 PM   #6959
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post

I got my name! I got my name! (Thank you, Paige!) I'm just hoping I won't need to make Maggie's card a "Get Well" card. Maggie, I hope you're feeling better sooner than soon!
LOL! Doing somewhat better today after a crummy night. I have to make a TO DO list so I don't forget anything.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-03-2013, 12:21 PM   #6960
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I've got my name too - now what will I do for Darlene???

Maggie, you look after yourself there and get better soon.

Spent the day outside yesterday and not only mowed the lawn but then got into a garden that had got a bit overgrown, and needed to be cut back so DH can paint the fence along one side........ I got soooooooooo much cut and dug out of it, and I am not finished yet

Thankfully today it is raining so I get a break - and the sunburn can settle - ooops, didn't intend to get burnt, and thankfully it is not bad, more itchy than anything this morning.
My front flower bed is like that, but I'll probably wait until February to get out there and clean it out. Then it'll be all ready for Spring planting.

Yikes! Sorry about the sunburn. Do you have some Aloe Vera to put on it? I finally bought a plant and put it out in the flower bed so I could grab it when needed.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts