Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2013, 05:45 PM   #6841
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
Woot, here here for lunch with the gf!!

You liked the movie? My dd's had to read the bok as required reading in Middle School ... they didn't care for it, and one of the two went to see Ender's with a friend who is the #1 fan I thought about taking my son to see it (he's 9) but he said he didn't want to see that, and wanted to see Thor instead, lol! No ...... that chicken movie .... Free Birds? My dh took him, I got to craft!

ooooooooooh, speaking of my son, how about I get the WORST mommy award!!
He lost a tooth on Monday, it was loose for a few days. And the tooth fairy forgot!!!! I just spaced and fell asleep without putting the money and taking the tooth. Oh my word, I felt so bad. His face was crushed. I told him sweetie, she must have had a lot of houses to visit and many children. He was saying Well Santa makes it to every house and he has all those toys to carry, I don't understand! OH I felt just awful. I slipped $20 in his pillow last night so he woke up much happier!
LOL! That is funny that he didn't want to see Ender's Game but did want to see Thor. I would think at his age, Ender's would be just the thing. I haven't read the book but I got it on my Kindle the other day and want to read it and see how it went with the movie. Ask your dd's what they got out of the book? I'm curious to see if they were able to get the message that the story had.

Yikes!!!!!! That was some Good Tooth Fairy!!!!!!!!! I'd wake up really happy too if someone slipped $20 under my pillow! I think $5 or $10 might have done it.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-20-2013, 05:48 PM   #6842
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Hi! I'm BACK!!!!!!!!!!! Computer just got out of the shop this afternoon and all is fine. They checked out what was going on with blogger - for three days..........nothing ever popped up and said that it had to be coming from others computers. I still don't know. I did have a little malware and spyware on it although they said that couldn't have caused the deal with blogger and it couldn't infect anyone else's computer.........SO, everything was taken care of and I'm good to go again. If y'all still see those adds pop up for some reason I just have no idea what to do next!!!!!!!!!

Jeanette and Shelly! SO glad y'all are ok! I was really worried about both of you. Jeanette, I know what you're going through as I've been through 2 tornadoes. Not good! And the destruction is awful I know! Glad y'all are safe and sound though and that's all that matters.

Not even going to try and catch up on all the chatter and blogs - just go with the flow now I guess.
Speaking of blogger an that advertisement that I saw, I went to visit a blog the other day. I think it was Cindy Lawrence's. She's one of the Copic instructors from Dallas. I saw one of the ads pop up when I was visiting her blog also. Not sure what that's all about. I know there are some people that have those on their blogs and I think they get paid for having advertising on their blogs. Glad that your computer is A-OK.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-20-2013, 06:29 PM   #6843
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Ohhh Maggie, sounds like some great deals. Sweet n sassy stamps has/had a great $6 sale last week on stamp,sets and dies. I think a few of them matched

Yay for us buying our Christmas presents, lol!! (I just splurged on three stamps sets, too!!!)
<3
Old 11-20-2013, 07:27 PM   #6844
Die Cut Diva

Dang! I wish the tooth fairy had come see me too!!!! Of course this was back in the dark ages but I think when my kids lost a tooth they got $1.00!!!! LOL!!!! Cost of living HAS gone up though since then!!! Glad he's a happy little boy Kelly!

And dang once again.......I missed the sale at My Favorite things! I really do need to reward myself for all the problems with my computer....if y'all hear of any other sales, let me know!
Old 11-20-2013, 08:13 PM   #6845
Pearl-ExPert

For those of you who are prayers, please pray for the family of Triscilla who committed suicide this afternoon - she was the tenant in the house next door - I ended up over there during the chaos and must admit I am shaken a bit.
Old 11-21-2013, 01:57 AM   #6846
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
For those of you who are prayers, please pray for the family of Triscilla who committed suicide this afternoon - she was the tenant in the house next door - I ended up over there during the chaos and must admit I am shaken a bit.
Oh my what a tragedy. Of course prayers are offered, for all affected by such a sad, sad thing. {{Hugs to you!}}

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 11-21-2013, 03:40 AM   #6847
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Dang! I wish the tooth fairy had come see me too!!!! Of course this was back in the dark ages but I think when my kids lost a tooth they got $1.00!!!! LOL!!!! Cost of living HAS gone up though since then!!! Glad he's a happy little boy Kelly!

And dang once again.......I missed the sale at My Favorite things! I really do need to reward myself for all the problems with my computer....if y'all hear of any other sales, let me know!
They still do have dies and stamp sets on sale at MFT. It doesn't show on the website, but the drop down on those two items shows Sale Items and if you click on that, those that are on sale will come up.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-21-2013, 03:42 AM   #6848
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Oh my goodness! How very sad for her family. For sure will be sending up prayers for peace and comfort for them. I can only imagine all that they are going through. The pain that Triscilla must have been going through to think there was no other way.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-21-2013, 04:07 AM   #6849
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Maxine, oh my! How very sad! I would be shaken, too. Sending prayers for her family - and for you and the others affected by this tragic loss, too! (((HUS)))

Maggie, I'm glad your friends/family-of-friends in Washington are okay. So sad to see the pictures from there and the total loss that many experienced!

Kelly, Merry Christmas!

Lynn, I think you need a reward, too!

Darlene, it's so good to see you! How are you doing?

My mind just went blank........ so I'll just wave to everyone else!

Oh.......... and DH got an estimate on his pickup damage yesterday (from Sunday's tornado). They almost totaled it! YIKES!!! So glad they didn't, because if they had, they would have taken it. And the insurance $$$ wouldn't have been enough to get another one, so we'd have been looking at payments again.
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin Twisted Tuesday

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: The Forest in the Fall
Old 11-21-2013, 04:16 AM   #6850
Die Cut Diva

Maxine, I'm so sorry to hear this. We'll be keeping you and the family in our thoughts and prayers. So very sad.

Maggie, will check again on MFT. Thanks!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 11-21-2013, 05:55 AM   #6851
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post

Maxine, oh my! How very sad! I would be shaken, too. Sending prayers for her family - and for you and the others affected by this tragic loss, too! (((HUS)))

Maggie, I'm glad your friends/family-of-friends in Washington are okay. So sad to see the pictures from there and the total loss that many experienced!

Kelly, Merry Christmas!

Lynn, I think you need a reward, too!

Darlene, it's so good to see you! How are you doing?

My mind just went blank........ so I'll just wave to everyone else!

Oh.......... and DH got an estimate on his pickup damage yesterday (from Sunday's tornado). They almost totaled it! YIKES!!! So glad they didn't, because if they had, they would have taken it. And the insurance $$$ wouldn't have been enough to get another one, so we'd have been looking at payments again.
So glad for not having car payments. Mine gets paid off in February, and I can't wait. it's a 2008 and only has about 48,000 miles on it. I get all the required service done, so I'm hoping that it will last for a really, really long time to come.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-21-2013, 10:01 AM   #6852
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Maxine, how so very sad. Hugs and prayers going up.

The dies are still on sale! ♥ At MFT and SNSS stamps
.also 123 Stitch in the clearance section they have MFT for $4 .. or at least they did a few days ago

Jeanette ..that's great about dh truck!

Did you all see the story of Maggie, the doggie thought lost in the tornado? Her owner found her the next day going through the rubble ..alive! I cried reading it :*)
Old 11-21-2013, 11:48 AM   #6853

Maggie, I agree! Having no payment is great!

Kelly, that's right! GREAT news on DH's pickup! Now we're waiting to see what the insurance adjuster is going to say about the roof of the house. Eek!

Old 11-21-2013, 07:51 PM   #6854
Forum Fanatic

Default Hello

Jeanette- So Glad you and your family are all OK! So scary! Glad it worked out for the truck as well- and hope the cleanup in the yard goes smoothly.

Maxine -So sorry for your bad day- Prayers going up! So sad!

Maggie- growing up in the Midwest, I am not afraid of driving in the rain, it's the snow..... you never know what is under it aka ice......hehehe yep....Gotta be careful!

Kelly- whoa for inflation- $20.00 for one tooth.... Is it more if they have gold from fillings in them....hehehehe Yeah for getting Christmas shopping done early too- for you- what else are you getting?

Lynn- glad the computer is up and running. Glad to have you back!

I had a great day yesterday- got 3 fun cards made. Now, working my week on.... it is supposed to be 28 on Saturday and 20 on Sunday..... Life in the Midwest.....

See you all later
Shelly
Old 11-22-2013, 03:06 AM   #6855
Stazon Splitcoast

Old 11-22-2013, 04:21 AM   #6856

Thank you Shelly!

Dance on, Kelly!

Old 11-22-2013, 08:43 AM   #6857
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm dancing so as not to lose my mind, LOL!

Today we got up to rain- TORRETIAL rain - which means a cold front is coming(yay!) but awful to drive in (not yay!) and we made it to school with literally one minute to spare. Had to do the school store this am but delayed by the fundraiser that came in to be distributed ~ only to race across town with minutes to spare to a bfast meeting that I had with a treasured friend - turned out to be a 3.5 hour catch up!! LOVE!!!!

Came home to find that my phone is DEAD! Yes, the NEW ONE!! I'm so frustrated. I have no way to reach the kids. I'm running around using the magic jack on my ipad, LOL!! Talk about silly! And emailing people to keep in touch - they are like "I just called you?"! LOL! Yeah, you probably did .......... on my dead phone!

Which I just had "fixed." The contract was up in October 31. By Mid-November, my 'new' phone doesn't work. It was refurbished, that's why!! Ugh. Now this weekend not only do I have to deal with the laptop issue, but go buy a new phone. UGH!!

I'm sorry to vent. It's definitely one of those mornings! I'm looking out the window now that i'm home and see the falling rain - it's so lovely Except in an hour, I have to leave and go drive in this! I am TERRIFIED of driving in the rain. My kids need to be picked up, then dd14 has an eye appt because she says she can't see, dd16 has a party at 8, and dd18 is going to Catching Fire tonight but luckily is going with her friend so that's one place I don't have to drive to BTW ,my dd16 saw it last night at a premiere and said it's OMGOSH good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I am lucky, I will crawl into bed early tonight and refresh my weary soul

Hugs, all!
x0x0
Old 11-22-2013, 09:56 AM   #6858
Die Cut Diva

LOL! Calm down Kelly!!! You'll do just fine without that phone and it may just be kinda quiet for a change! Know what you mean about having to buy another one though. No fun at all!

It got VERY cold around here - at least for us! It's only 44 right now and guess we'll see our first freeze of the year tonight. It's a good day to stay inside.......Of course I had to run to the store this morning. Uck! Getting ready for Thanksgiving. I shouldn't have to go back but maybe one more time and then that's going to do it.

What's everyone doing for Thanksgiving - if you celebrate it?
Old 11-22-2013, 01:11 PM   #6859
Stazon Splitcoast

Aw thank you Lynn and I'm sorry I was ranting early, ladies! Especially at a time of year to be thankful and know my woes could be a whole lot worse!

Maxine, I'm so sorry, dear, for my very late card!! I send it out today! I don't think it will reach you by the end of the month but I sent it via customs today, as it is a package

Lynn, Thanksgiving will be at my house again this year We usually host. I have about 12 people here, I think?! Give or take!

44*! Brrrrrrr! I want 44!! We have rain!
Old 11-22-2013, 01:25 PM   #6860
Pearl-ExPert

Awww Kelly - don't worry - if it's late I will call it an early Christmas gift . Sorry to hear about your woes. I don't mind you venting - better at us than at the family.

We don't celebrate Thanksgiving here, but we 'do' Christmas as a major - shops shut for two days - well, they did before the advent of the Boxing Day sales!! (Think Black Friday).

We are currently sitting at 75 oF, and will go higher yet (it's 11:19 a.m. here) We are back to watering the gardens again... not that that is a hardship.

The street is busy as the funeral is going to be held next door ( a compromise between the Jehovah Witness beliefs of the girl, and the Maori traditions of the family) We who helped on that day went and visited the family who were present yesterday - a wee bit awkward (for us) but appreciated by the family. It's a big family and they are coming from all around the North Island.... Thankfully there is no alcohol involved and they are generally quiet - just sort of usual noises and a bit extra traffic.

Better head off now and get some gardening done before it gets too hot!!
Old 11-22-2013, 01:50 PM   #6861
Die Cut Diva

Kelly, you can rant and rave here all you want - whenever you want! I was just laughing this morning because I really can see the panic you were going into! When we go to our place in Lockhart there's no phone or TV......and I love it!!!!!! Of course I have my cell phone but we generally just turn them off. It's really nice and peaceful - but if you have kids at home like you do I know you want that phone all the time just in case they need you. I understand completely! Have fun phone shopping tomorrow!

Maxine, I'm still laughing about the comment you left on my card today! Drunk PIGS!!!!!!!! Eeek!!!! Glad y'all are having some pretty weather. Still so sad about your neighbor. That would be hard to get over.
Even though you don't have Thanksgiving there Maxine - hope you have a good day.

We always have it here - a ton of cooking but it's all good. My daughter and two girls will be here and also my brother and his family. Not too many this year which is nice. We usually have any where between 10 and 20. Jim fries the turkey outside and that helps a ton (gets him out of the kitchen and out from underfoot!!!) Then we'll just have the usual - dressing, potatoes, gravy, green beans, corn casserole, fruit salad, cranberry, broccoli casserole, dips, etc........I usually try to fix at least one thing different every year but haven't decided what it's going to be this year.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:18 PM   #6862
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Maggie, I agree! Having no payment is great!

Kelly, that's right! GREAT news on DH's pickup! Now we're waiting to see what the insurance adjuster is going to say about the roof of the house. Eek!
When will they come to look at it? Does the church own your home so they will take care of any expense or do you have to carry the insurance on it yourself?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-22-2013, 04:21 PM   #6863
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
Jeanette- So Glad you and your family are all OK! So scary! Glad it worked out for the truck as well- and hope the cleanup in the yard goes smoothly.

Maxine -So sorry for your bad day- Prayers going up! So sad!

Maggie- growing up in the Midwest, I am not afraid of driving in the rain, it's the snow..... you never know what is under it aka ice......hehehe yep....Gotta be careful!

Kelly- whoa for inflation- $20.00 for one tooth.... Is it more if they have gold from fillings in them....hehehehe Yeah for getting Christmas shopping done early too- for you- what else are you getting?

Lynn- glad the computer is up and running. Glad to have you back!

I had a great day yesterday- got 3 fun cards made. Now, working my week on.... it is supposed to be 28 on Saturday and 20 on Sunday..... Life in the Midwest.....

See you all later
Shelly
I never learned to drive when I lived up north, so I've never had to drive in the snow. I'm sooooooooo glad! It would have been a nightmare for me. I know my DD out in CA had some really close calls when they were living up in Erie PA.

It started out about 68 today and now it's down to 48. Brrrrrr. I think it was about this cold in our office today too. You would think that they'd have the heat on. I hope it warms up a little by next weekend.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-22-2013, 04:22 PM   #6864
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Thank you Shelly!

Dance on, Kelly!
Think warm - right Jeanette!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-22-2013, 04:25 PM   #6865
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
I'm dancing so as not to lose my mind, LOL!

Today we got up to rain- TORRETIAL rain - which means a cold front is coming(yay!) but awful to drive in (not yay!) and we made it to school with literally one minute to spare. Had to do the school store this am but delayed by the fundraiser that came in to be distributed ~ only to race across town with minutes to spare to a bfast meeting that I had with a treasured friend - turned out to be a 3.5 hour catch up!! LOVE!!!!

Came home to find that my phone is DEAD! Yes, the NEW ONE!! I'm so frustrated. I have no way to reach the kids. I'm running around using the magic jack on my ipad, LOL!! Talk about silly! And emailing people to keep in touch - they are like "I just called you?"! LOL! Yeah, you probably did .......... on my dead phone!

Which I just had "fixed." The contract was up in October 31. By Mid-November, my 'new' phone doesn't work. It was refurbished, that's why!! Ugh. Now this weekend not only do I have to deal with the laptop issue, but go buy a new phone. UGH!!

I'm sorry to vent. It's definitely one of those mornings! I'm looking out the window now that i'm home and see the falling rain - it's so lovely Except in an hour, I have to leave and go drive in this! I am TERRIFIED of driving in the rain. My kids need to be picked up, then dd14 has an eye appt because she says she can't see, dd16 has a party at 8, and dd18 is going to Catching Fire tonight but luckily is going with her friend so that's one place I don't have to drive to BTW ,my dd16 saw it last night at a premiere and said it's OMGOSH good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I am lucky, I will crawl into bed early tonight and refresh my weary soul

Hugs, all!
x0x0
Sorry about the torrential rains! AND the broke phone! Sucks. OMG! How do you keep up Kelly! Do you drink a lot of coffee during the day and get those caffeine fixes????
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-22-2013, 04:29 PM   #6866
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
LOL! Calm down Kelly!!! You'll do just fine without that phone and it may just be kinda quiet for a change! Know what you mean about having to buy another one though. No fun at all!

It got VERY cold around here - at least for us! It's only 44 right now and guess we'll see our first freeze of the year tonight. It's a good day to stay inside.......Of course I had to run to the store this morning. Uck! Getting ready for Thanksgiving. I shouldn't have to go back but maybe one more time and then that's going to do it.

What's everyone doing for Thanksgiving - if you celebrate it?
I'm going to hit the grocery store in the morning. Too cold and nasty to be out tonight. 44 would be very cold for us. At least too cold for me.

My sis has Thanksgiving at her house every year. She is the one with the big family (4 kids and lots of grands and even one great grand). My cousin will be there from Florida. Actually she arrived in town yesterday. My older brother and his wife are coming in from NJ next Wednesday. My DD and her family will also be there. They also have a huge workshop in the back yard where they set up rows of tables and chairs for everyone. I haven't figured out yet what I'm going to make to take.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-22-2013, 04:32 PM   #6867
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Awww Kelly - don't worry - if it's late I will call it an early Christmas gift . Sorry to hear about your woes. I don't mind you venting - better at us than at the family.

We don't celebrate Thanksgiving here, but we 'do' Christmas as a major - shops shut for two days - well, they did before the advent of the Boxing Day sales!! (Think Black Friday).

We are currently sitting at 75 oF, and will go higher yet (it's 11:19 a.m. here) We are back to watering the gardens again... not that that is a hardship.

The street is busy as the funeral is going to be held next door ( a compromise between the Jehovah Witness beliefs of the girl, and the Maori traditions of the family) We who helped on that day went and visited the family who were present yesterday - a wee bit awkward (for us) but appreciated by the family. It's a big family and they are coming from all around the North Island.... Thankfully there is no alcohol involved and they are generally quiet - just sort of usual noises and a bit extra traffic.

Better head off now and get some gardening done before it gets too hot!!
That is so sweet that your went and visited the family next door. I'm sure they did appreciate that. I've never heard of Maori. Are they native to the area? Glad that they are keeping the noise level down since there are so many coming.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-22-2013, 04:36 PM   #6868
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Kelly, you can rant and rave here all you want - whenever you want! I was just laughing this morning because I really can see the panic you were going into! When we go to our place in Lockhart there's no phone or TV......and I love it!!!!!! Of course I have my cell phone but we generally just turn them off. It's really nice and peaceful - but if you have kids at home like you do I know you want that phone all the time just in case they need you. I understand completely! Have fun phone shopping tomorrow!

Maxine, I'm still laughing about the comment you left on my card today! Drunk PIGS!!!!!!!! Eeek!!!! Glad y'all are having some pretty weather. Still so sad about your neighbor. That would be hard to get over.
Even though you don't have Thanksgiving there Maxine - hope you have a good day.

We always have it here - a ton of cooking but it's all good. My daughter and two girls will be here and also my brother and his family. Not too many this year which is nice. We usually have any where between 10 and 20. Jim fries the turkey outside and that helps a ton (gets him out of the kitchen and out from underfoot!!!) Then we'll just have the usual - dressing, potatoes, gravy, green beans, corn casserole, fruit salad, cranberry, broccoli casserole, dips, etc........I usually try to fix at least one thing different every year but haven't decided what it's going to be this year.
OMG! Do you have a place in Lockhart, TX???????? I have a really good friend that has a place up there too. Actually, she's living up there for the most part right now while she's trying to get the place ready to sell. She comes down here on the weekends and sometimes during the week. How long have you been going there?

I try doing something different each year too. One year I made a great Brussel Sprout recipe and some of the family laughed, but it was all gone and a lot of them ate it and then the DH of one of my nieces made a similar recipe the next year.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-22-2013, 06:20 PM   #6869
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Maggie - the Maori are the indigenous people of New Zealand, of Polynesian descent.

We have a fairly high percentage of them, and people of Pacific Island descent in the town. I love the mixture of races and cultures we have here. Their music is unique and I love it.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:59 PM   #6870
Die Cut Diva

Maggie, I was born and raised in Lockhart! Lived there my entire life until I got married. I still have a brother and sister in law there and also my cousins. That's where our property is (where I go play cowboy! LOL) and we usually go there about 6 times a year or more. It's only about 2 1/2 hours from here and I'm always having to go over there to check on the property, etc. Yes, I do love Lockhart! Very nice town and close to Austin so shopping's not that far away (about 30 miles).
Is your friend originally from Lockhart?
Old 11-23-2013, 05:05 AM   #6871

Love all the chatter in this group! Best blog group for chatterers!

Maggie, the church does own our home, so no, we don't have to cover the cost/insurance for new roof. Thee deductible they have on the insurance is quite high though, so the church will be out some $$$ should they have to replace the roof. Not sure when the roof guy is coming. He's been contacted. We are also needing an estimate on cost to fix the fence that surrounds the yard. An entire end of it is totally demolished and the front section has some damage - due to the fallen tree. And then there's the cost of removing the rest of the damaged trees... 1 in the house yard and 3 in the church yard. Of course, the insurance company insures both places, but on two policies, with two deductibles. So that stinks!

Our auto insurance has already paid on DH's pickup - quick and efficient! The windshield guy will be here Monday to put in his new windshield. DH says he'll live with the dents. They are superficial and won't hamper driving... and this is the truck he takes to the garden, etc. We never go anywhere in it really. Always take my Private Jet instead. So he's banked the rest of the $$$, saving it for a day when he either needs to do some mechanical work on his truck, or get a different one. It would make a nice down payment. So we got off pretty good with the pickup situation!

Maxine, I'm sure your neighbor's family appreciated you!

Kelly, of course you need to dance! I love you, my friend!

Oh, and about yesterday's surfer............. yes, I am ready for summer again. Brrr!!! I do not like cold!

Lynn, this is the first year that neither of our other 2 kiddos are coming home for Thanksgiving. It will just be the three of us........... so DH says we'll go out to eat, saving me a lot of work! What time shall we be at YOUR house???

okay...... confession time. I never got around to reading back in this thread from when we were on vacation. I'm sorry! That being said, can I ask... Kelly and Paige, did you get your cards from me? If not, I want to make another one for you. (Sadly, that happened with the first card I sent Maxine, but the second one got to her fine.)

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Old 11-23-2013, 01:32 PM   #6872
Die Cut Diva

Jeanette, y'all are just more than welcome to come for Thanksgiving! We'll have plenty and I'm just used to having so many more people come! In fact, ALL of y'all come on down.
Old 11-23-2013, 01:47 PM   #6873
Pearl-ExPert

Count me in - just need to fuel the jet...... yeah right
Old 11-23-2013, 02:33 PM   #6874
Die Cut Diva

Come on over! We have plenty of good food. I just finished all the trash (that being what most call check mix). Four different boxes of chex cereal, 2 bags of pretzels, two huge containers of mixed nuts, and then all the spices. Yummy!
Old 11-23-2013, 02:39 PM   #6875
Pearl-ExPert

Lynn - stop it I am drooling!!
Old 11-23-2013, 03:14 PM   #6876
Die Cut Diva

Oh come on.....just fuel up the jet and while all the guys are watching football we'll craft!
Old 11-23-2013, 05:04 PM   #6877
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Maggie, I was born and raised in Lockhart! Lived there my entire life until I got married. I still have a brother and sister in law there and also my cousins. That's where our property is (where I go play cowboy! LOL) and we usually go there about 6 times a year or more. It's only about 2 1/2 hours from here and I'm always having to go over there to check on the property, etc. Yes, I do love Lockhart! Very nice town and close to Austin so shopping's not that far away (about 30 miles).
Is your friend originally from Lockhart?
I'm not really sure, but I think so. Actually, I think she did grow up there because after her DH passed away about 10 years ago, after a few years later, she married an old friend from there that she knew in school, so I guess she did grow up there for some length of time. Her DH was in the service and they spent some time in Germany and then back to the US. Not sure when they moved down here to Houston, but they've lived here since about the early 80's. One of her son's has been living in the house while he was going to school up there, but he just bought himself a trailer so he can move around, so now she wants to fix up the house and sell it and move herself back down here for good. I think her maiden name was Annis and her married name is Ohlendorf.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-23-2013, 05:09 PM   #6878
Quacker Stamper

I started my day early and got out to the grocery store about 10 thinking that I didn't have to be at the Court of Honor until 1:30. It's a 40 minute drive from here in good weather and today it was crummy. Cold, rainy, windy!

Got home from the store about 11:30 and put groceries away and had some lunch. Decided to look at the invitation and saw that it started at 1, so I had to scramble to change into nice jeans and get going. I made it just in time with a couple minutes to spare until they got started. It was a real family affair with lots of the cousins having something to do with the ceremony and even my SIL sang a closing song with my DGD. Very nice. I wish I could have recorded it.

Had a phone call from one of my online GF's so I called her back and we chatted. It was funny. She had just gotten a new Keurig coffee maker thing and called ME to ask me some questions about it. HAHAHAHA! The wrong person to call since I don't drink coffee. She says she likes it for hot chocolate and tea so it's all good. Just thought that was so funny that she chose me to call when she could have called at least 6 or 8 other ladies.

I got my 2 DT cards up on the blogs so they can be added to the challenge blogs when the time comes. Now I've got a few more cards to work on. I need to figure out everything for dinner tomorrow night. I talked to one of the Sister Missionaries and they have a new Sister with them, so there will be 3 of them tomorrow. No problem to set an extra plate. I'm making a chicken/apple/sweet potato stew. Yummy! Comfort food on a old day. I picked up a pumpkin pie at the store too. Didn't think I felt like baking today. I knew I wouldn't have a lot of time.

I'm trying some new dessert recipes this year for Thanksgiving. I can't wait to try them. I still don't know what I'm going to take for a side dish. I need to look at some recipes for the crock pot. When I was at the Court of Honor today, the DH of one of my nieces said I needed to make a lamb stew.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-23-2013, 05:55 PM   #6879
Die Cut Diva

Maggie, well, it's true what they say! It's really a small, small world!!!!!!

I'm sure you're talking about Kaye Annas Olendorf! I know her well. She graduated with my brother I believe. Her brother, Bob, and I graduated together and he was in total love with me for years - but of course I wasn't returning the favor! LOL! He ended up marrying another girl that graduated with us. I've only seen them once since we got out of school (at a reunion) and don't think I've seen Kaye since she graduated! I knew she was living back in Lockhart but don't know which Olendorf she married - I know a slew of them. Her dad had a photography studio downtown and I know every picture I ever had made was done by him - from baby on up! Very sweet man. Next time you talk to Kaye tell her I (Lynn Brice - maiden name) said hi!

Glad you had a good day.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:17 PM   #6880
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Maggie, well, it's true what they say! It's really a small, small world!!!!!!

I'm sure you're talking about Kaye Annas Olendorf! I know her well. She graduated with my brother I believe. Her brother, Bob, and I graduated together and he was in total love with me for years - but of course I wasn't returning the favor! LOL! He ended up marrying another girl that graduated with us. I've only seen them once since we got out of school (at a reunion) and don't think I've seen Kaye since she graduated! I knew she was living back in Lockhart but don't know which Olendorf she married - I know a slew of them. Her dad had a photography studio downtown and I know every picture I ever had made was done by him - from baby on up! Very sweet man. Next time you talk to Kaye tell her I (Lynn Brice - maiden name) said hi!

Glad you had a good day.
Now, who would have guessed! It really is a small world. She married Ed Ohlendorf. He passed away from cancer. Then she married a guy named Robinson I think or Robertson, something like that, but that didn't work out and they split about 2 years after they were married. I should see her at church tomorrow. Kaye and Ed had 5 children, the youngest is the one that is living up in Lockhart. One of the girls passed away about 8 or 9 years ago. She had an aneurism. She left 2 babies behind by different fathers. One of her sisters took one to raise and the father had the other one until just recently when the father passed away and now they are able to see him and be part of his life. The child's father would never let them have anything to do with him. Luckily the child's aunt doesn't see it that way, so she's been able to get them back together.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts