Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2013, 05:29 AM   #6801
Die Cut Diva

Maggie, I put a note on my post this morning and one person sent me an e-mail saying she got that last week but hasn't seen it since. No idea what this is about! I ran my anti virus program this morning and it was fine - no problems what so ever! She suggested running that or clearing my cookies! How in the world do you clear cookies!!!!!!!!!! (The only way I know to clear cookies is to eat them! LOL)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-15-2013, 07:46 AM   #6802
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
Hi kelly - I have just popped your card into the mail - hope it travels quickly
OH thank you, my friend - you are a sweetie! But seriously, with all that you have going on, you didn't need to!! (((( 's )))) Yours has been ready, but there was a slight delay - wink, wink! It will get in the mail asap, I promise - there was a slight hold up!

I'm sorry I have been MIA ladies -- my son's school called less than an hour after I dropped him off. He has a mild bug - no vomitting, no fever, just body ache, headache, nausea .... and so it begins He's home again today, too, and I am making him rest, rest, rest. Sadly, the rest of us wont - the girls are on the go and I'm grateful big sister is here from college (she lives with us, lol, she is just never AT HOME!!) She's off til Monday and can keep an eye on her baby brother

My pc has a virus as well - dh ran a scan earlier this week and it had all kinds of junk. My IT guru BIL will come by as soon as he's back - he's currently in Montana on some big game hunting trip :::: la la la, covering my eyes, pretending I didn't type that! ::::::

I probably won't be on much this weekend so happy weekend to all my lovelies!
Old 11-15-2013, 08:00 AM   #6803
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Maggie, I put a note on my post this morning and one person sent me an e-mail saying she got that last week but hasn't seen it since. No idea what this is about! I ran my anti virus program this morning and it was fine - no problems what so ever! She suggested running that or clearing my cookies! How in the world do you clear cookies!!!!!!!!!! (The only way I know to clear cookies is to eat them! LOL)
LOL! Pretty good one Lynn.

Clear Cookies is like clearing your history. It depends on what Provider you are using - IE, Chrome, Firefox. Google it and you'll get pages of how to do it.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 11-15-2013, 08:07 AM   #6804
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
OH thank you, my friend - you are a sweetie! But seriously, with all that you have going on, you didn't need to!! (((( 's )))) Yours has been ready, but there was a slight delay - wink, wink! It will get in the mail asap, I promise - there was a slight hold up!

I'm sorry I have been MIA ladies -- my son's school called less than an hour after I dropped him off. He has a mild bug - no vomitting, no fever, just body ache, headache, nausea .... and so it begins He's home again today, too, and I am making him rest, rest, rest. Sadly, the rest of us wont - the girls are on the go and I'm grateful big sister is here from college (she lives with us, lol, she is just never AT HOME!!) She's off til Monday and can keep an eye on her baby brother

My pc has a virus as well - dh ran a scan earlier this week and it had all kinds of junk. My IT guru BIL will come by as soon as he's back - he's currently in Montana on some big game hunting trip :::: la la la, covering my eyes, pretending I didn't type that! ::::::

I probably won't be on much this weekend so happy weekend to all my lovelies!
Sorry your DS is not feeling well. Hope it's nothing too bad and he gets over it quickly.

I finally got to Blog Hop last night and went around to visit all my fellow bloggers. Today I need to comment on DT cards. It's always something.

Don't you have a software program that will get rid of that virus for you? I run Norton and StopZilla. They both work great at keeping viruses from getting on my computer.

Tomorrow is going to be one busy day. I start out at the Discount Tire place getting my 4 new tires. One is supposed to be ready and waiting since they kept my old one there to get started on that. Then I'm going to my hair lady to get my roots colored. After that one of my great nephew's has a Court of Honor with a light dinner afterwards. So there goes my day. Between now and Saturday night I've got to get my DT blog post set up and scheduled. No time to breath. I did also want to go see Ender's Game with a GF, but not sure that will be doable this weekend.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-15-2013, 08:31 AM   #6805
Die Cut Diva

I have Trend Mico and ran it early today and all is perfect ......no virus......no problems. I also just got through posing a question on blogger regarding this. What a pain in the patootie!!!! I'll check on how to clear the cookies too....I use Firefox

Kelly, sorry about the little one not feeling well. Hope he gets better quick!

Maggie, have fun getting those tires.........UCK!!! LOL!!! AND, the rest of the day too.
mschoener likes this post.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:03 PM   #6806
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I have Trend Mico and ran it early today and all is perfect ......no virus......no problems. I also just got through posing a question on blogger regarding this. What a pain in the patootie!!!! I'll check on how to clear the cookies too....I use Firefox

Kelly, sorry about the little one not feeling well. Hope he gets better quick!

Maggie, have fun getting those tires.........UCK!!! LOL!!! AND, the rest of the day too.
Did you take care of those cookies?????? Ugh! I have to be up early. Oh well, I get to sleep in late on Sunday.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-15-2013, 06:26 PM   #6807
Die Cut Diva

Yep, did all of that. I googled it again and it said to disable extensions........can't find where I even have extensions!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean I find them but it doesn't show any extensions! Don't even know what that one is!
I'm really thinking I'm going to put it in the shop on Monday and let them figure it all out. I've never had it looked at or anything and sure it probably needs that. Even if it's a little expensive it'd still be cheaper than a new computer!!!

I'm still trying to figure out something though. Y'all let me know if you keep seeing the ads if you don't mind.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:41 AM   #6808
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning, ya'll!

Yep, we have two for our computers - AVG & Norton. They do wonders. But Sadly I don't know what affected/infected my blog - but it's useless!! I had to put a card in my gallery just now because we worked all night to get my blog working, and it won't. It won't access past the first page, and that came out of nowhere. I can't write, add pictures, edit, etc .. just stare at the first page! Its' so frustrating. I'll have to take it in to get looked at or wait for BIL, who is still another week out on his trip. So I'm blogless

Have fun with the tires, etc

I think I have a tiny touch of what my son had. I just ache all over and have a constant nausea. If this is as bad as it gets, then I'm good!

Have a good one, girls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Sorry your DS is not feeling well. Hope it's nothing too bad and he gets over it quickly.

I finally got to Blog Hop last night and went around to visit all my fellow bloggers. Today I need to comment on DT cards. It's always something.

Don't you have a software program that will get rid of that virus for you? I run Norton and StopZilla. They both work great at keeping viruses from getting on my computer.

Tomorrow is going to be one busy day. I start out at the Discount Tire place getting my 4 new tires. One is supposed to be ready and waiting since they kept my old one there to get started on that. Then I'm going to my hair lady to get my roots colored. After that one of my great nephew's has a Court of Honor with a light dinner afterwards. So there goes my day. Between now and Saturday night I've got to get my DT blog post set up and scheduled. No time to breath. I did also want to go see Ender's Game with a GF, but not sure that will be doable this weekend.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:52 AM   #6809
Pearl-ExPert

Oh Kelly that's just 'orrible - hope you get it fixed soon.

Lynn that advert sound weird - hope it is nothing serious for you too.

Hope you got your tyres with no more drama Maggie - it's always great driving on new tyres, I think. The steering is always so much more responsive and feels much lighter.

Spent the day working yesterday - finished my weekly house clean (I had done a wee bit, but had put off the bulk of it) and then mowed the lawns in the afternoon and did some gardening. One task to do outside this morning and then the studio is calling loudly!

Have a great day
Old 11-16-2013, 01:06 PM   #6810
Stazon Splitcoast

Maxine, you go girl! Sounds like a good afternoon!

I am mopping in between blogging, lol. I got a post up. Half way!! If any of you blog with iPad, please send me a tutorial on editing! It only posted half. And I can't get into it to edit. Lol! This is becoming comedy hour
Old 11-16-2013, 04:09 PM   #6811
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Morning, ya'll!

Yep, we have two for our computers - AVG & Norton. They do wonders. But Sadly I don't know what affected/infected my blog - but it's useless!! I had to put a card in my gallery just now because we worked all night to get my blog working, and it won't. It won't access past the first page, and that came out of nowhere. I can't write, add pictures, edit, etc .. just stare at the first page! Its' so frustrating. I'll have to take it in to get looked at or wait for BIL, who is still another week out on his trip. So I'm blogless

Have fun with the tires, etc

I think I have a tiny touch of what my son had. I just ache all over and have a constant nausea. If this is as bad as it gets, then I'm good!

Have a good one, girls!
Sorry about the computer issues Kelly. I hope that they can figure out what's going on with your blog.

Oh, sorry you're not feeling well either. I hope that it is something that will pass quickly. How is your DS feeling?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-16-2013, 04:22 PM   #6812
Quacker Stamper

HI Stamp Addicts!

Had a busy day. Started out early getting the tires on the card. Yes, Maxine, it does make the car ride better. And it did only take 30 minutes just like he told me it would.

That gave me enough time to get over to my hair dresser. LOL! She was so stressed about not trimming my hair. I told her not even one little bit because I knew if she started, she'd cut too much. I really would like it to grow just a tad more before I get a trim.

After I got home I logged on to my computer to see if my GF responded to a FB message that I had left her to see if she could meet me for lunch. She could, so I was off to The Olive Garden for lunch. I hadn't seen her for a few months, so it was good to catch up on things.

After lunch I went by the grocery store and then home. Started in on the laundry and that led to cleaning out my closet of Summer clothes and getting my Fall/Winter things out.

Now to catch up on comments on the DT blog posts and printing off some images. Maybe even some time to play.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-16-2013, 04:38 PM   #6813
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Remember me?

Remember me? Hahaha I am so excited to report- Stephi got 6th in the Nationals! She won a medal and is considered an All American! After her issues with the Vocal Cord Dysfunction, this is a truly fabulous story!!! We are headed out tomorrow- will be driving ALL day...... We did sneak out and check out the Hershey city and do the little Chocolate tour. I wanted to do the Trolley Tour too, but it was a kiddie type ride today, so we passed.....

Darlene- you are right- I meant to say I rec'd a lovely card and trinkets from Jeanette...! Sorry- my memory is terrible- sorry for the mix-up!

Holy cow- you are all chatty- hope I can catch up!

Maxine- take it easy woman! Hope the hubby does not need to be looked at again- until the eye lesion! Oh Boy! Hope you are feeling well, and glad to hear your GS is feeling better slowly!

Lynn- Congrats on the new little one! Life is good- and Pink is so pretty : ) Good for you getting three cards done- I have to do that when I go home...... I have a benefit to attend in Dec., and I am donating cards- and they want them by Tuesday. Yikes! And, I would feel bad about using images that could possibly be copied- are they different by 10% isn't that what Copyright law says???

Paige- sorry about your friend!

Maggie- Oh I love Josh Groben! Glad you get to go to the wedding in Dec- that will be so nice! So glad the tires are now on the card and you are good to go! (hehehe).

Kelly- sorry yor daughter has to go thru drama- it will be nice for her to have a break from it from the sounds of it.

Off to pick up Stephi- be back next week to chat!

Shelly
Old 11-16-2013, 06:34 PM   #6814
Die Cut Diva

Kelly, sorry you're having computer issues too. I wouldn't have any idea how to post/edit using the iPad. Sorry! Hope you get it straightened out soon.

Maxine, working in the garden and yard sounds heavenly!!! Enjoy that pretty weather.

Maggie, glad you got those tires today! Now you can feel safe!

Shelly, congrats to Steph!!! That's great news!!! Have a safe trip home!

Well, my computer problem is still there it seems! I tired all kinds of stuff today after reading Blooger and Google.....and it's still doing it! So, Monday it's going in the shop. I'll be missing for a few days then while they try to figure it all out. It's a good thing I don't live in a three story building - because I'd love to see I threw it out the window and watched it fall that far! LOL!!

Will check in tomorrow.
Old 11-17-2013, 05:47 AM   #6815
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning all! Yay for the chance to stop on! Im blessed by the ipad, even if i cant blog with it, LOL!! Still no laptop and It must go to the shop. Meh!

And YAY for a daughter drives and just brought mommy a Starbucks home!! <3

Shell, congrats to your dd! 6th place is amazing! I hope you had a safe 11 hour drive home

Dh took the kids to see Thor yesterday while I cleaned up the Cabana and rearranged,the front living room. They came home to the furniture all moved around, lol. I have to move it to get it ready for the Christmas tree ... We get a real tree but not until after Tgiving. But at least I'll be ready!

Hugs!!
Old 11-17-2013, 07:45 AM   #6816
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
Remember me? Hahaha I am so excited to report- Stephi got 6th in the Nationals! She won a medal and is considered an All American! After her issues with the Vocal Cord Dysfunction, this is a truly fabulous story!!! We are headed out tomorrow- will be driving ALL day...... We did sneak out and check out the Hershey city and do the little Chocolate tour. I wanted to do the Trolley Tour too, but it was a kiddie type ride today, so we passed.....

Darlene- you are right- I meant to say I rec'd a lovely card and trinkets from Jeanette...! Sorry- my memory is terrible- sorry for the mix-up!

Holy cow- you are all chatty- hope I can catch up!

Maxine- take it easy woman! Hope the hubby does not need to be looked at again- until the eye lesion! Oh Boy! Hope you are feeling well, and glad to hear your GS is feeling better slowly!

Lynn- Congrats on the new little one! Life is good- and Pink is so pretty : ) Good for you getting three cards done- I have to do that when I go home...... I have a benefit to attend in Dec., and I am donating cards- and they want them by Tuesday. Yikes! And, I would feel bad about using images that could possibly be copied- are they different by 10% isn't that what Copyright law says???

Paige- sorry about your friend!

Maggie- Oh I love Josh Groben! Glad you get to go to the wedding in Dec- that will be so nice! So glad the tires are now on the card and you are good to go! (hehehe).

Kelly- sorry yor daughter has to go thru drama- it will be nice for her to have a break from it from the sounds of it.

Off to pick up Stephi- be back next week to chat!

Shelly
Congratulations to Stephi. That's fantastic. Yummy, chocolate! All the time I lived in PA, we never went up to Hershey.

Have a safe trip home.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-17-2013, 07:47 AM   #6817
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Kelly, sorry you're having computer issues too. I wouldn't have any idea how to post/edit using the iPad. Sorry! Hope you get it straightened out soon.

Maxine, working in the garden and yard sounds heavenly!!! Enjoy that pretty weather.

Maggie, glad you got those tires today! Now you can feel safe!

Shelly, congrats to Steph!!! That's great news!!! Have a safe trip home!

Well, my computer problem is still there it seems! I tired all kinds of stuff today after reading Blooger and Google.....and it's still doing it! So, Monday it's going in the shop. I'll be missing for a few days then while they try to figure it all out. It's a good thing I don't live in a three story building - because I'd love to see I threw it out the window and watched it fall that far! LOL!!

Will check in tomorrow.
Yes, and if I had known they were so bad, I would have put them on before the trip to Dallas. Of course, then I would have ruined a brand new tire!

Sorry about the computer issues. Seems they are going around. LOL! I've felt that way a number of times about my computer both at home and at work. LOL!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-17-2013, 07:50 AM   #6818
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Morning all! Yay for the chance to stop on! Im blessed by the ipad, even if i cant blog with it, LOL!! Still no laptop and It must go to the shop. Meh!

And YAY for a daughter drives and just brought mommy a Starbucks home!! <3

Shell, congrats to your dd! 6th place is amazing! I hope you had a safe 11 hour drive home

Dh took the kids to see Thor yesterday while I cleaned up the Cabana and rearranged,the front living room. They came home to the furniture all moved around, lol. I have to move it to get it ready for the Christmas tree ... We get a real tree but not until after Tgiving. But at least I'll be ready!

Hugs!!
LOL! I used to have to do that too when I had a real tree, but I haven't done real for awhile. I really would like to get one of those 4-6" pre-lit ones. I wonder though how the kitties would deal with that. Casper and Corey love to play with things so I could just see them taking "toys" off the tree to play with.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-17-2013, 07:52 AM   #6819
Quacker Stamper

Today is going to be a super quiet day. Yeah! I've got church at 12:30, but the rest of the day is all mine. I've got to go see if I can link my OSAAT card to some challenges. We are encouraged to link to at least 10 challenges which usually isn't a problem, but this card is masculine and not very many challenges for those. I hope I can find a bunch of anything goes.

I will get to play in my stamp room later though. Got lots to do.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-17-2013, 10:43 AM   #6820
Pearl-ExPert

Hi S.A's - Awesome result for your DD Shelly - well done!

Maggie I am sure you will find challenges - although they seem to be heading towards Christmas challenges now...

Kelly I know what you mean about ipads - DH has a tablet and it don't like it either - although I don't use it much, so probably have not truly mastered it.

Talking of computer issues - I just managed to wipe my whole awards page - I was updating it and didn't realise I had highlighted the whole page, (thought it was just the part that was not doing what I wanted it to do) and hit delete..........

ARGhhhh, not impressed as some of the blogs are now closed, and I had linked nearly all the awards to the cards that had won them, and they went right back .
Not a good start to the day.
Old 11-17-2013, 03:16 PM   #6821
Die Cut Diva

Maxine, I'm sorry you wiped all those out! UCK!!!!!

Maggie, hope you had a nice quiet day and got some things done you wanted to do. I'm sure there's probably a lot of "anything goes" themes out there but like Maxine said - so many for Christmas now.

Kelly, glad you got some time to yourself yesterday!!! AND got stuff moved for the tree! I still haven't decided if I'm going to put one up since it's just going to be Jim and I this year. I may look for a real small one.

My computer is going to the shop in the morning so I won't be around until it's done. I'm already getting stressed about having to disconnect all the wires back there - and then trying to get them back correctly! UGH!!!! Think I'll wait until in the morning early to do this. All I'll have is my phone but won't use that much as it uses up the bits, bites, whatever they're called. It's not minutes, it's something else..........anyway.......

I hope Shelly is ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just saw on the tube about all the storms up her way!!!

Will check back before I go to bed.
Old 11-17-2013, 03:39 PM   #6822
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Hi S.A's - Awesome result for your DD Shelly - well done!

Maggie I am sure you will find challenges - although they seem to be heading towards Christmas challenges now...

Kelly I know what you mean about ipads - DH has a tablet and it don't like it either - although I don't use it much, so probably have not truly mastered it.

Talking of computer issues - I just managed to wipe my whole awards page - I was updating it and didn't realise I had highlighted the whole page, (thought it was just the part that was not doing what I wanted it to do) and hit delete..........

ARGhhhh, not impressed as some of the blogs are now closed, and I had linked nearly all the awards to the cards that had won them, and they went right back .
Not a good start to the day.
Yes, I was was able to find a few challenges - Anything Goes, CAS, one for a man, so it was all good.

Hmmm.. . when I delete something like that, if I hit Cntrl Z right away it will come back. My computer has a very sensitive touch, so this happens all the time and drives me nuts. The only way to fix it is to disable the touchpad on the laptop, but I use it sometimes in addition to the wireless mouse, so I don't want to do that.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-18-2013, 04:49 AM   #6823
Die Cut Diva

Morning. I'll see y'all when I get my computer back!!
Old 11-18-2013, 04:53 PM   #6824
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Maggie, I missed this on my last stop in here! So sorry! He is okay, still a bit (slight bit) under the weather but mostly fine, thx for asking! He is back at school and has that "hoarse" sounding voice but no symptoms to keep him home. Me, ugh! I feel so worn out. my body aches, etc .. but again, no symptoms, so onward we go! My mom is like you don't stay still long enough to even catch anything, LOL! Thanks, mom!

I'm still w/out my blog and can only do some on the IPad. Apple offers those classes to tutor you, lol. I"ve been using it for 2 years! But for the blog, it's so technical - I'll have to have something give me a crash course on using it, or watch you tube, LOL! Like it won't scroll down past a certain point to edit ... it's crazy. And I'm clueless

Well, I broke open a treasured bottle of GERMAN WINE!! Oh ask me how happy am I!!!!!! I miss 'my homeland' - I grew up in Europe, but we spent 4.5 of those years in Germany from 6 to almost 10 so I call it home I left my heart there and have been back twice - and each time I Just know that if money was no option, I'd have a home there in a heartbeat! And one in the Swiss Alps. And maybe the south of France. And London. Yes, London outskirts .... OOOOOH the possibilities!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynn, hope they get you fixed up soon!

Maxine, hi! Yes, keeping Shell in prayer for those storms - and if Jeanette was affected, I'm not sure if she's still on vacation and everything is okay her way, too.

{{{{{{{{{ Group hug all around!!!!!!!! }}}}}}}

Quote:
Sorry about the computer issues Kelly. I hope that they can figure out what's going on with your blog.

Oh, sorry you're not feeling well either. I hope that it is something that will pass quickly. How is your DS feeling?
Old 11-19-2013, 11:06 AM   #6825
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Oh Maggie, I missed this on my last stop in here! So sorry! He is okay, still a bit (slight bit) under the weather but mostly fine, thx for asking! He is back at school and has that "hoarse" sounding voice but no symptoms to keep him home. Me, ugh! I feel so worn out. my body aches, etc .. but again, no symptoms, so onward we go! My mom is like you don't stay still long enough to even catch anything, LOL! Thanks, mom!

I'm still w/out my blog and can only do some on the IPad. Apple offers those classes to tutor you, lol. I"ve been using it for 2 years! But for the blog, it's so technical - I'll have to have something give me a crash course on using it, or watch you tube, LOL! Like it won't scroll down past a certain point to edit ... it's crazy. And I'm clueless

Well, I broke open a treasured bottle of GERMAN WINE!! Oh ask me how happy am I!!!!!! I miss 'my homeland' - I grew up in Europe, but we spent 4.5 of those years in Germany from 6 to almost 10 so I call it home I left my heart there and have been back twice - and each time I Just know that if money was no option, I'd have a home there in a heartbeat! And one in the Swiss Alps. And maybe the south of France. And London. Yes, London outskirts .... OOOOOH the possibilities!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynn, hope they get you fixed up soon!

Maxine, hi! Yes, keeping Shell in prayer for those storms - and if Jeanette was affected, I'm not sure if she's still on vacation and everything is okay her way, too.

{{{{{{{{{ Group hug all around!!!!!!!! }}}}}}}
Glad to hear that your DS is doing so much better. Here's prayers for you that you feel better also. I'm surprised that you're not sicker with all that you put your body through with the stress in your life.

What software do you use for your blog? I'm using blogger and doesn't seem to have many problems - at least not for me.

I'd love to have the opportunity to visit in Europe. What wonderful adventures. Go easy on the wine though.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-19-2013, 11:17 AM   #6826
Quacker Stamper

Enjoyed lunch out with my GF yesterday. It's amazing to see how far she has come in her career from when she used to be a secretary at our offices, and now is a manager at the oil and gas company that she went to when she left our office. She gets to travel to different places in the world and the last 2 weeks was working on a new oil rig.

Last night I went with another GF to go see Ender's Game. She and I both like Orson Scott Card who wrote the book and I'm a sci-fi fan so it was enjoyable. Mostly geared to young teens, but I'm not sure they will get the message of the movie.

Boss is out of the office again today with a client at mediation. Got lots of boring stuff for me to do here.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-19-2013, 05:58 PM   #6827
Pearl-ExPert

Hi all, I have been quiet as I have been busy writing up my Spellbloggers post - it goes live on Dec 1st. It's been quite a mission, but I think I have done it now... also learnt a lot in Photoscape - how to make a collage, how the resize photos and all sorts! Brain strain I think.

We had an afternoon of thunder yesterday, and some rain - how come the plants grow twice as fast after rain than when I have been hosing them??

Hope you enjoy your quiet day Maggie, and that Kelly and Lynn are soon back in the world of cyber communication and back here - the group is quiet without them.

I got some dies off Blitsy the other week that arrived this morning - it was cheaper to buy 3 of them there, and have them posted, than it would have been to buy two on line from a NZ outlet plus postage. Crazy!!

Back to the studio now to make a commissioned card - bye!! Waves furiously
Old 11-19-2013, 09:19 PM   #6828
Stazon Splitcoast

Waving Hello! I worked extra today- we have nurses dropping like flies and it is such a BUSY time at work! So, I worked extra today to help out. I am off tomorrow- Yeah!

We drove all day Sunday- out the door by 9AM Central time- when we are home, that never happens! We hit really bad Thunderstorms then high winds. I had the great fortune of driving thru the worst of it....pretty wild- only about 5 minutes of really scary, then we had the most amazing sky!

I have to tell you all a quick story.....when Stephi was getting ready to run on Sat., a butterfly fluttered around by her and then came and landed by us...... It was about 60 out, and NO bugs anywhere..... We did not see another bug all weekend either..... I felt like everything is going to be OK...... I am not sure what that was all about, but felt really strongly that Stephi has an angel watching out for her! Has that ever happened to anyone???

Maxine- please remind us when your post will go up for Spellbinders- so cool!!! Enjoy the mild weather and the flowers! So true about the weeds growing at twice the speed of the grass and flowers!

Lynn and Kelly- hope the computer issues get resolved quickly!

Kelly- glad little guy is better and you are not flat in bed! Mmmmm I want to go to Germany - where did you live? My Mom's Grandpa was from ~ 30 Km East of Cologne..... I think it would be so awesome to visit there and meet up with relatives.....! Enjoy the wine.

I am at the end of 2 weeks of antibiotics and really better, but still stuffed up.., well not really stuffed up, more like I can feel my sinuses are swollen inside..... I called today to see if I can get an allergy shot this week, and they want me to come see the doc tomorrow afternoon. They said alot of people are sick- the mold counts are really high. (Mold allergy is why we have an artificial tree for Christmas).....

Maggie- you have so much fun woman! I love how much you do with friends and get out of the house! Cool for your friend that gets to travel all over- does she like that??? Sometimes the boring days at work are not so bad...long as they do not drag on.....

OK- gotta get to bed! I have to try to get unpacked tomorrow and get some laundry done : )

Shelly
Old 11-20-2013, 04:03 AM   #6829
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts! Remember me?

Yikes! I've been gone a looooooooooooong time. And it hasn't been completely fun. LOL! As you know, we went on vacation - we had a GREAT vacation!

We got home late Friday night and Saturday was spent doing a mountain of laundry, getting the Bible study ready to teach on Sunday, etc. Then we had a fright on Sunday, which has engulfed my life with anxiety (sleeplessness, nightmares, etc) and laborious cleanup. Our house and church were in the three blocks of our town that were impacted by a tornado. Fortunately, it didn't touch down, but from the looks of the trees, it raced through about 12-15' in the air... right over our house. We have no basement so scrambled into the interior bathroom in our home. Our Brock was such a trooper - he rushed in there with us without a question as to why we were acting so crazy. We hadn't any more than gotten into the bathroom that a loud knock came to our front door... so DH went and answered the door and let our terrified neighbor who lives in a trailer in. He joined us in our cramped bathroom. Talk about neighborly bonding.

When the tornado had passed - which didn't take long, we discovered devastation outside, but fortunately our home and lives were spared. It toppled some trees completely - on the school property directly across from our church. Our church had 3 severely damaged trees - they are so compromised that we are seeking someone to take them the rest of the way down. The city did clear the branches on one of them because it was in danger of hitting their power lines. Our yard lost a big part of a tree - it, too, will have to come down. The section of tree hit DH's truck and he has a broken windshield, dented fender, and dings on the top and hood of the truck. He's working at getting an adjuster to look at it - not sure how quickly that will happen.

Our neighborhood lost power because two electric poles came down taking the lines with them. They got us back up before bedtime Sunday night - though the church was without power until Monday evening.

Cleanup has been exhausting - exacerbated by a lack of sleep due to severe nightmares.

Oh, and to make matters worse, yesterday the piece that fills the opening to the "attic space" above the garage came tumbling down - yep! It's right over my Cubby Hole! So more messes to clean up. UGH! DH says it probably was loosened by the tornado and finally came loose yesterday. Yikes! When the tornado was passing through - the reason I knew it was is because of the WHOOSHING sounds in the garage. I thought the garage was going to explode! I was in the laundry room which is right beside the garage. My DH was in the extra bedroom watching the weather report on TV and he heard the freight train sound the tornado was making. So he gathered Brock and we all rushed to the bathroom.

On top of all that, this week's schedule - meetings and such - is horrendous. Either DH or I (or both of us) have meetings scheduled EVERY day and tonight is our church's annual Thanksgiving Dinner. Needless to say, I am so far behind on everything............. and would love to crawl in bed and sleep instead. LOL!

I'm so far behind that I don't have time to read and catch up... so please let me know if I missed anything important. THANKS!
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
Come Chat with Me in the Chit Chat Forum
Old 11-20-2013, 07:52 AM   #6830
Stazon Splitcoast

Glad to hear you are safe and sound, Jeanette! I'm glad you guys are finding your way back to normalcy - thats always good! I have been watching the news closely and my heart goes out to those families severely affected esp with profound losses. Oh my. We lived through Hurricane Andrew - I feel your pain and getting back to the normal meetings and such will be helpful
Old 11-20-2013, 07:53 AM   #6831
Stazon Splitcoast

How cool is that! I am not surprised you have a commissioned card, your work is amazing!

My laptop is still unusuable and BIL doesn't know when he will be by. He just got back into town I should have just taken it in! At least I have the back up plan - ipad, lol!

I can't wait to hear about your Spellbinders post!!! It's going to be amazing!! Have fun with your new dies!!

x00
Quote:
Hi all, I have been quiet as I have been busy writing up my Spellbloggers post - it goes live on Dec 1st. It's been quite a mission, but I think I have done it now... also learnt a lot in Photoscape - how to make a collage, how the resize photos and all sorts! Brain strain I think.

We had an afternoon of thunder yesterday, and some rain - how come the plants grow twice as fast after rain than when I have been hosing them??

Hope you enjoy your quiet day Maggie, and that Kelly and Lynn are soon back in the world of cyber communication and back here - the group is quiet without them.

I got some dies off Blitsy the other week that arrived this morning - it was cheaper to buy 3 of them there, and have them posted, than it would have been to buy two on line from a NZ outlet plus postage. Crazy!!

Old 11-20-2013, 07:57 AM   #6832
Stazon Splitcoast

Shell, how amazing of a story with the butterfly! I had a similiar experience with a dragonfly but I know that it touched her heart and was there for a reason - I believe!

You go nurse!! Did I tell you that's what my dd18 is studying? Yep, her dream is to go into trauma or pediatrics.

I know Cologne! That's a fun, fascinating city! We even took the kids there as we passed through to another city. I used to live in Ulmen. A tiny, blinka nd miss it German town. It was total imersion - we talked, ate, became one of the locals SUPER QUICK! I absolutely ADORED my childhood!!!

I'm sorry you still under the weather. Did you get your B12 shot? I got one last year when I had a whopper of a flu .The nurse said I had to have it, LOL!

Hugs!
Quote:
Waving Hello! I worked extra today- we have nurses dropping like flies and it is such a BUSY time at work! So, I worked extra today to help out. I am off tomorrow- Yeah!

We drove all day Sunday- out the door by 9AM Central time- when we are home, that never happens! We hit really bad Thunderstorms then high winds. I had the great fortune of driving thru the worst of it....pretty wild- only about 5 minutes of really scary, then we had the most amazing sky!

I have to tell you all a quick story.....when Stephi was getting ready to run on Sat., a butterfly fluttered around by her and then came and landed by us...... It was about 60 out, and NO bugs anywhere..... We did not see another bug all weekend either..... I felt like everything is going to be OK...... I am not sure what that was all about, but felt really strongly that Stephi has an angel watching out for her! Has that ever happened to anyone???

Maxine- please remind us when your post will go up for Spellbinders- so cool!!! Enjoy the mild weather and the flowers! So true about the weeds growing at twice the speed of the grass and flowers!

Kelly- glad little guy is better and you are not flat in bed! Mmmmm I want to go to Germany - where did you live? My Mom's Grandpa was from ~ 30 Km East of Cologne..... I think it would be so awesome to visit there and meet up with relatives.....! Enjoy the wine.

I am at the end of 2 weeks of antibiotics and really better, but still stuffed up.., well not really stuffed up, more like I can feel my sinuses are swollen inside..... I called today to see if I can get an allergy shot this week, and they want me to come see the doc tomorrow afternoon. They said alot of people are sick- the mold counts are really high. (Mold allergy is why we have an artificial tree for Christmas).....

Maggie- you have so much fun woman! I love how much you do with friends and get out of the house! Cool for your friend that gets to travel all over- does she like that??? Sometimes the boring days at work are not so bad...long as they do not drag on.....

OK- gotta get to bed! I have to try to get unpacked tomorrow and get some laundry done : )

Shelly
Old 11-20-2013, 08:03 AM   #6833
Stazon Splitcoast

Woot, here here for lunch with the gf!!

You liked the movie? My dd's had to read the bok as required reading in Middle School ... they didn't care for it, and one of the two went to see Ender's with a friend who is the #1 fan I thought about taking my son to see it (he's 9) but he said he didn't want to see that, and wanted to see Thor instead, lol! No ...... that chicken movie .... Free Birds? My dh took him, I got to craft!

ooooooooooh, speaking of my son, how about I get the WORST mommy award!!
He lost a tooth on Monday, it was loose for a few days. And the tooth fairy forgot!!!! I just spaced and fell asleep without putting the money and taking the tooth. Oh my word, I felt so bad. His face was crushed. I told him sweetie, she must have had a lot of houses to visit and many children. He was saying Well Santa makes it to every house and he has all those toys to carry, I don't understand! OH I felt just awful. I slipped $20 in his pillow last night so he woke up much happier!

Quote:
Enjoyed lunch out with my GF yesterday. It's amazing to see how far she has come in her career from when she used to be a secretary at our offices, and now is a manager at the oil and gas company that she went to when she left our office. She gets to travel to different places in the world and the last 2 weeks was working on a new oil rig.

Last night I went with another GF to go see Ender's Game. She and I both like Orson Scott Card who wrote the book and I'm a sci-fi fan so it was enjoyable. Mostly geared to young teens, but I'm not sure they will get the message of the movie.

Boss is out of the office again today with a client at mediation. Got lots of boring stuff for me to do here.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:02 AM   #6834
Pearl-ExPert

SUPER INFLATION!
$20 for the tooth fairy!!!!!!!!!!

I think I must have had the award for the meanest tooth fairy - 20c was the limit, although they tried to bargain it up to 50c for double teeth....
Old 11-20-2013, 02:25 PM   #6835
Stazon Splitcoast

rOFL!!! Oh my friend how you made me laugh!! It's pure guilt, I tell ya ... Even my daughters were like what!!?!

Thank you for making me smile. Today has been particularly rotten and must overall blah
Quote:
SUPER INFLATION!
$20 for the tooth fairy!!!!!!!!!!

I think I must have had the award for the meanest tooth fairy - 20c was the limit, although they tried to bargain it up to 50c for double teeth....
Old 11-20-2013, 02:26 PM   #6836
Die Cut Diva

Hi! I'm BACK!!!!!!!!!!! Computer just got out of the shop this afternoon and all is fine. They checked out what was going on with blogger - for three days..........nothing ever popped up and said that it had to be coming from others computers. I still don't know. I did have a little malware and spyware on it although they said that couldn't have caused the deal with blogger and it couldn't infect anyone else's computer.........SO, everything was taken care of and I'm good to go again. If y'all still see those adds pop up for some reason I just have no idea what to do next!!!!!!!!!

Jeanette and Shelly! SO glad y'all are ok! I was really worried about both of you. Jeanette, I know what you're going through as I've been through 2 tornadoes. Not good! And the destruction is awful I know! Glad y'all are safe and sound though and that's all that matters.

Not even going to try and catch up on all the chatter and blogs - just go with the flow now I guess.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:25 PM   #6837
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Lynn - great to have you back

Kelly - sorry to hear you have had a lousy day - and glad I gave you a giggle.

Last edited by Kiwime; 11-20-2013 at 03:59 PM..
Old 11-20-2013, 06:28 PM   #6838
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I can't wait to see what you have created for the Spellbinders blog. What an honor that is for you.

Plants love rain water. It has all those nutriants in it that faucet water doesn't have. I can see it in my own plants and grass after a good rain. That's one reason I have a rain barrel. Which reminds me, it's probably full and I need to use it so it can fill up again. We're supposed to get a cold front come through on Friday with rain Friday and Saturday. I've got a Scout Court of Honor to go to on Saturday, and I hate driving in the rain.

What dies did you get from Blitsy? I buy from there once in awhile if it's worth it. I usually only buy dies if I can get a good deal on them. They are so expensive. Have you ever bought from My Favorite Things. They were having a sidewalk sale yesterday. It's probably still on. They had stamp sets and dies on sale 50-75% off. I bought 2 stamp sets each $4.50 and a couple dies that were $11. Those were pretty good deals. Two of the dies I can use to make shaped cards. The largest size was 5"
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-20-2013, 06:34 PM   #6839
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I hope you enjoyed your day off today!

I hate driving in the rain. That stems from when I was first driving and had 2 accidents in the rain. In fact, I quite driving in the rain for a long time. If it started to rain after I was out, I would turn around and go back home. Glad you made it safely through.

What a sweet story. I'm sure that Stephi does have an angel watching over her as we all do. It's nice to see it up close and personal sometimes.

Hope you're feeling better today. Allergies are the worst. Have you ever tried using a Neti Pot for your sinuses. I have a contraption similar to one that I got after I had my sinus surgery, so if my sinuses really start acting up, I use it and it cleans them right out.

Shelly
LOL! I really don't get out all that often. I guess it just seems that everything has happened all at the same time here lately. Mostly, I'm a stay at home. Thanksgiving is upon us soon and it will be very busy then too. I really have a bunch of cards that I need to get finished up for DT's that I'm on.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-20-2013, 06:38 PM   #6840
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post
Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts! Remember me?

Yikes! I've been gone a looooooooooooong time. And it hasn't been completely fun. LOL! As you know, we went on vacation - we had a GREAT vacation!

We got home late Friday night and Saturday was spent doing a mountain of laundry, getting the Bible study ready to teach on Sunday, etc. Then we had a fright on Sunday, which has engulfed my life with anxiety (sleeplessness, nightmares, etc) and laborious cleanup. Our house and church were in the three blocks of our town that were impacted by a tornado. Fortunately, it didn't touch down, but from the looks of the trees, it raced through about 12-15' in the air... right over our house. We have no basement so scrambled into the interior bathroom in our home. Our Brock was such a trooper - he rushed in there with us without a question as to why we were acting so crazy. We hadn't any more than gotten into the bathroom that a loud knock came to our front door... so DH went and answered the door and let our terrified neighbor who lives in a trailer in. He joined us in our cramped bathroom. Talk about neighborly bonding.

When the tornado had passed - which didn't take long, we discovered devastation outside, but fortunately our home and lives were spared. It toppled some trees completely - on the school property directly across from our church. Our church had 3 severely damaged trees - they are so compromised that we are seeking someone to take them the rest of the way down. The city did clear the branches on one of them because it was in danger of hitting their power lines. Our yard lost a big part of a tree - it, too, will have to come down. The section of tree hit DH's truck and he has a broken windshield, dented fender, and dings on the top and hood of the truck. He's working at getting an adjuster to look at it - not sure how quickly that will happen.

Our neighborhood lost power because two electric poles came down taking the lines with them. They got us back up before bedtime Sunday night - though the church was without power until Monday evening.

Cleanup has been exhausting - exacerbated by a lack of sleep due to severe nightmares.

Oh, and to make matters worse, yesterday the piece that fills the opening to the "attic space" above the garage came tumbling down - yep! It's right over my Cubby Hole! So more messes to clean up. UGH! DH says it probably was loosened by the tornado and finally came loose yesterday. Yikes! When the tornado was passing through - the reason I knew it was is because of the WHOOSHING sounds in the garage. I thought the garage was going to explode! I was in the laundry room which is right beside the garage. My DH was in the extra bedroom watching the weather report on TV and he heard the freight train sound the tornado was making. So he gathered Brock and we all rushed to the bathroom.

On top of all that, this week's schedule - meetings and such - is horrendous. Either DH or I (or both of us) have meetings scheduled EVERY day and tonight is our church's annual Thanksgiving Dinner. Needless to say, I am so far behind on everything............. and would love to crawl in bed and sleep instead. LOL!

I'm so far behind that I don't have time to read and catch up... so please let me know if I missed anything important. THANKS!
Jeanette! Thank the Lord that you guys are okay. How scary for all of you. I'm sure glad that Brock didn't freak out with the storm coming. My DGS hates storms. He would not have been such a happy camper. I have a GF that has family in Washington, and one of them lost her house to the tornado. She has other family that she's staying with right now, but so sad to lose everything that you've worked so long and hard for.

So sorry about your Cubby getting dumped on. I'm sure you're right in there getting it all cleaned up. You are a "take charge" kind of woman and will have everything right side up in no time.

How'd the dinner go tonight? I hope that there were lots of ladies at church helping on that one.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts