Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2013, 03:20 AM   #6761
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts!

Late night last night. Came home from work and then my GF picked me up to go to the Josh Groban concert. Wow! It was so fabulous! But, goodness, he is sooooooooo young! Very personable and put on a fabulous show. I took a bunch of pictures and even 2 videos. I haven't had the time to look at the videos and see how they came out. The pictures are pretty good, but they look a little fuzzy because he's moving all the time. He had a great opening act also - a lady who had been on The Voice. Not sure what her name is. I have to research that because I don't watch The Voice and have no idea who she is, but she was good.

Didn't get home until 10:30 and then right off to bed.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Old 11-13-2013, 03:59 AM   #6762
Pearl-ExPert

Will be back later to catch up, etc.........but just thought I'd let you know I'm a "mimi" once again! My son and his wife just had another baby girl - Emily. He called about 5:15 this morning. All is good!
mschoener, MiamiKel4 and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:34 AM   #6763
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
I'm not really crazy about cauliflower. It's okay mixed with other veggies, so this might be okay. How do you cook it?
Me? I don't! LOL! THat's the one veggie I actually don't buy or prepare because no one eats it (sorry, Maxine! <3) My mom ADORES it and usually steams it or boils it with her other veggies, but me ... oooof. It's just too strong of a taste for me. If I absolutely had to eat it, and have before, I actually prefer it raw

YAY, I got one right on the Maxine language test - bikkies! LOL! I thought it was some type of biscuit or bread. I love, love, love learning about other cultures!! Probably where my obsession for reading (multi-culturally), traveling and learning languages came in at an early age!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:37 AM   #6764
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Will be back later to catch up, etc.........but just thought I'd let you know I'm a "mimi" once again! My son and his wife just had another baby girl - Emily. He called about 5:15 this morning. All is good!
CONGRATUALTION Grandma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How special for the family - and you! Is this their first baby? Her name is precious!!
Old 11-13-2013, 04:43 AM   #6765
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay, where is the LOVE button!!!!!!! OMG! He has the dreamiest and most wonderful voice - only problem with your concert is YOU FORGOT ME!!!!!!!!!! I've been blessed to see him twice and oh my is he ever the crooner - he puts on a magnificent show, even in real life! I am SO curious to see who the opening act is -- was it Judith Hill? I know she was on The Voice - I don't watch it, but heard she was on his Straight To You tour. But I could be wrong - can you imagine OPENING for Josh Groban!! The honor!!!

I'm so glad you had a great time!!
Quote:

Late night last night. Came home from work and then my GF picked me up to go to the Josh Groban concert. Wow! It was so fabulous! But, goodness, he is sooooooooo young! Very personable and put on a fabulous show. I took a bunch of pictures and even 2 videos. I haven't had the time to look at the videos and see how they came out. The pictures are pretty good, but they look a little fuzzy because he's moving all the time. He had a great opening act also - a lady who had been on The Voice. Not sure what her name is. I have to research that because I don't watch The Voice and have no idea who she is, but she was good.

Didn't get home until 10:30 and then right off to bed.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:51 AM   #6766
Stazon Splitcoast

I wish I still had my Kindle Fire! LOL! I loaned it to my dd (then 16, now 1and she stepped on it when it was on her bedroom floor I have the ipad now but I get too distracted by whatever else is on it, LOL! Instead of reading, I'm checking emails and the web!! Plus, I'm a very textile person, I LOVE the feel of a book,the pages, etc!

Thanks Lynn and Maggie for dd It breaks my heart She's so moping and crying. So is he, actually. They are both miserable. But it's strange because they have a mutual friend that keeps getting betwee them. She was 'supposedly' my daughters good friend, but one of those faker than fake people who likes to play games, is very manipulative, etc ... she apparently can't keep her hands off him and sneaking around behind her back, something like that. She just didn't want to compete for her own boyfriend. He is too naive to realize that isn't okay behavior and dd just said I don't want to do this anymore. I feel so bad for her. And him. I think he sees now all the times he did that he shouldn't have or things the friend did and he didn't stop and should have .... you get the idea. I hope they work it out. And the sad part is the 'friend' suddenly isn't interested now that they arent' a couple and moved on to someone else's boyfriend. I know I didn't raise my kids that way - what on earth!!?!! They were sweet together. He even said as they both sobbed through the break up that if I ever win you back again, I will appreciate you every single day and love you even more.

Oh, that sounds like a new Josh Groban song right there!

Quote:
I do wish I had the time and could read fast. I have hundreds of books on my Kindle Fire and add more every day.

So sorry about your dd and her bf. So if they are both so crazy in love with each other, why the breakup?? They are so young, but hope that they can work things out if it's meant to be. Praying for some peace for them.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:57 AM   #6767
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
CONGRATUALTION Grandma, Lynn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How special for the family - and you! Is this their first baby? Her name is precious!!

I was just thinking last night how sweet a baby would have been on 11-12-13!
Old 11-13-2013, 05:09 AM   #6768
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks Kelly!!! You're a sweetheart! This is their second child. They already have a little girl (Madeline) that will be three in February. They haven't picked out a middle name yet - still undecided on that but probably need to decide pretty quick now! So, this makes me have 4 granddaughters now!! Don't know what these kids have against little boys! LOL!!! I know my daughter won't be having any more children but don't know about my son and his wife. Probably not but she's still young so who knows! Jim has four granddaughters and two grandsons. Getting to be a pretty big crowd around here!!! LOL!! Don't know if we'll be going up to see the new one right away. Her mom is there right now helping out with Madeline and all so we'll just have to wait and see. My son gets a little hyper when I say we're coming because he knows how I drive in Dallas! LOL! They live on the other side and the only way to get there is through downtown Dallas or drive an extra 100 miles to go around it! Anyway......thanks and yes, we're all very excited for them

Maggie/Maxine.............geeze!!! I did it again - right!! Sorry about that. Maybe we're just going to have to change yall's name to something else!

That's sad about your daughter and boyfriend Kelly - but hey, they're so young and you never know what will happen later on with them.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:26 AM   #6769
Pearl-ExPert

Don't really know if this a DISCUSSION OF THE WEEK or not........but mainly thought I'd get some opinions............

On one of the DT I'm on........next year one of the sponsors that is sending us images to use on our challenges, from what I hear a LOT of, is that she's copying others......like Saturated Canary and another one. One of the ladies on our DT has already said she won't be posting a card for that challenge due to this fact. Any ideas on this.........should I go ahead and use one since that's what we're suppose to do on a DT, or just say "no, I won't do it either."
Old 11-13-2013, 05:33 AM   #6770
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Congratulations! Emily - sweet name. My DGD that is getting married in December is Emily.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-13-2013, 05:38 AM   #6771
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Okay, where is the LOVE button!!!!!!! OMG! He has the dreamiest and most wonderful voice - only problem with your concert is YOU FORGOT ME!!!!!!!!!! I've been blessed to see him twice and oh my is he ever the crooner - he puts on a magnificent show, even in real life! I am SO curious to see who the opening act is -- was it Judith Hill? I know she was on The Voice - I don't watch it, but heard she was on his Straight To You tour. But I could be wrong - can you imagine OPENING for Josh Groban!! The honor!!!

I'm so glad you had a great time!!
Oh, thank you for a name to look up. It was Judith Hill! She is fabulous on her own or singing a duet with Josh! Would have loved to have you with us last night. She was also a backup singer for Michael Jackson, but has broken out of that role and is now a star in her own right.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-13-2013, 06:12 AM   #6772
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Congratulations! Emily - sweet name. My DGD that is getting married in December is Emily.
Oh sweet! I love weddings!! What day? My daughters are all December babies! Congrats to your DGD, too!
Old 11-13-2013, 06:13 AM   #6773
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Oh, thank you for a name to look up. It was Judith Hill! She is fabulous on her own or singing a duet with Josh! Would have loved to have you with us last night. She was also a backup singer for Michael Jackson, but has broken out of that role and is now a star in her own right.
Oh good for her! That was probably a smart move - not to mention, opening for such a huge sensation like JG and MJ, you know she'll shoot straight to stardom!
Old 11-13-2013, 06:22 AM   #6774
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay, looks like we need to vote ........

All in favor of renaming Maggie/Margaret/Maxine the 2nd ... say aye!!!

Poor Maggie, lol!!

All grandaughters! That's a sweet bushel! My son is the only grandson in the family and the only boy ~ poor thing! He's way out numbered and wishes desperately for a brother, lol. NOT GONNA HAPPEN, but wishes are always nice!

Blessings to your daughter and prayers for the unknown journey ahead. I'm sure it's comforting knowing you are there and Tgiving will be a wonderful time to be with family, esp for support <3

Young love - yeah ... they'll do okay, I'm sure
Quote:
Thanks Kelly!!! You're a sweetheart! This is their second child. They already have a little girl (Madeline) that will be three in February. They haven't picked out a middle name yet - still undecided on that but probably need to decide pretty quick now! So, this makes me have 4 granddaughters now!! Don't know what these kids have against little boys! LOL!!! I know my daughter won't be having any more children but don't know about my son and his wife. Probably not but she's still young so who knows! Jim has four granddaughters and two grandsons. Getting to be a pretty big crowd around here!!! LOL!! Don't know if we'll be going up to see the new one right away. Her mom is there right now helping out with Madeline and all so we'll just have to wait and see. My son gets a little hyper when I say we're coming because he knows how I drive in Dallas! LOL! They live on the other side and the only way to get there is through downtown Dallas or drive an extra 100 miles to go around it! Anyway......thanks and yes, we're all very excited for them

Maggie/Maxine.............geeze!!! I did it again - right!! Sorry about that. Maybe we're just going to have to change yall's name to something else!

That's sad about your daughter and boyfriend Kelly - but hey, they're so young and you never know what will happen later on with them.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:26 AM   #6775
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Don't really know if this a DISCUSSION OF THE WEEK or not........but mainly thought I'd get some opinions............

On one of the DT I'm on........next year one of the sponsors that is sending us images to use on our challenges, from what I hear a LOT of, is that she's copying others......like Saturated Canary and another one. One of the ladies on our DT has already said she won't be posting a card for that challenge due to this fact. Any ideas on this.........should I go ahead and use one since that's what we're suppose to do on a DT, or just say "no, I won't do it either."
Oh Lynn, what a pickle this is ........ I'm not 100% sure I'm following what you said, but if it's what I think ...and that the sponsor is using images she copied from another artist, then that's terrible! I think if my DT boss or the coordinator said I had to, then I guess I would but if you have a choice, I know I would not. I don't think that's fair to the original artist not to mention it's unprofessional and unethical of the artist to do that. I would probably be in the batch of folks that politely decline using that artists images and ask if I could just use one of my own - or improvise. Yikes. Keep us posted on this one and good luck!
mschoener and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:51 AM   #6776
Pearl-ExPert

That's what I'm thinking too Kelly. I don't think there's been any proof that she's copying another artist but........When she first started I used a couple of her images and then started noticing that they looked like someone else. Haven't used them since. I'm leaning very much toward telling the DT coordinator that I won't be in the challenge either. But I'm really thinking they should drop the sponsor and get someone else or just skip the challenge all together. I know I'm not suppose to accuse someone without proof and all......but they sure resemble another artist.
mschoener and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:45 AM   #6777
Pearl-ExPert

Lynn I would not want to use the images either - not good, and you as a DT member would not want to be caught up in this - maybe if there are too many objections by the team the sponsor would be dropped?

And congratulations on the new Grand daughter - they are so precious, especially when you can cuddle and hand back when there is a crisis, as they only want their Mummy

Cauliflower - raw, stir fried, boiled or steamed, mixed with other vegetables, covered in cheese sauce....

Maggie - sounds as though that concert was wonderful

Kelly I hope the heartache in the household is easing - sounds as though the boyfriend was simply naive, and he will learn from this episode. The other girl is in for a very unhappy life with that type of behaviour, even if she does not see it at this point.

I keep some of the strawberries in the fridge, and some are in a bowl on the bench to be eaten as we pass by... I have never had to store them for very long, they get eaten too quickly!!

Got top go - we have another crazy busy day - we were half way to our destination yesterday morning when the cell phone rang - the local hospital offering DH a cancelled appointment for the respiratory clinic this morning (this means seeing the specialist for his check-up). This is at 8:45 a.m. when we are usually just getting going, and then he has a doctors appointment at 10:30... I made that one the other day for another issue........... and somewhere in the middle of that I have a certain amount of housework to get done!! Gotta fly
Old 11-13-2013, 10:55 AM   #6778
Pearl-ExPert

Maggie, when is your granddaughter in California getting married? Are you going to get to go!

Maxine, you're going to have to slow down - you're starting to sound as busy as Kelly now! LOL!!!

Speaking of the images and theft, etc......I just heard that there's some one out there that was using peoples cards off their blogs and entering them in challenges. They caught her after she'd already won a bunch of challenges though! That's sick!!!!!!
I just never hear about this kind of stuff but really need to start paying more attention I guess.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:45 PM   #6779
Stazon Splitcoast

Lol Lynn ... I wish for a non busy day!

That is awful about the blogger doing that! It happened to me a few years ago. A lady copied one of my cards and entered it into a contest and won! Big bucks, too!! I didnt know about it until a good friend saw it and recognized it. I didn't even address it, I mean, what can you do. My friend was livid and chewed her out big time!! She even told the contest lady (I didn't know any of this til later!) who said it was too late anyway. But it prompted me to go back and look at her blog and low behold, she was copying quite a few of my cards to a T!! Like the day after mine went up on my blog, it would be on hers 3-4 days later, LOL! It's crazy. I can see once ...two people can think up the same card, same design, etc ... But every card?! Not likely
Old 11-13-2013, 03:12 PM   #6780
Pearl-ExPert

The copying of images is why I always now have my images watermarked - but to physically copy your card and put it in challenges - that is bordering on sick.

Yup - my head is spinning - got a reasonable report from the respiratory clinic - change of tack in treatment after a series of tests have been done, and results looked at there.

Had the doctor look at a couple of lesions - one on DH's face and one on his leg. The one on his leg comes off tomorrow, the one on his face has been referred to the plastic's unit at Waikato - more driving........... when we get the appointment. The Dr said he has made the referral an urgent one so we should hear soon (that's because the lesion is near one eye.) DH never does things by halves!

I think I will be glad to see the end of this week, somehow.
luvcardmaking likes this post.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:33 PM   #6781
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Oh sweet! I love weddings!! What day? My daughters are all December babies! Congrats to your DGD, too!
They're getting married on Dec. 28, right after Christmas while they are on Winter Break from college. Thanks!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-13-2013, 04:39 PM   #6782
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I wish I still had my Kindle Fire! LOL! I loaned it to my dd (then 16, now 1and she stepped on it when it was on her bedroom floor I have the ipad now but I get too distracted by whatever else is on it, LOL! Instead of reading, I'm checking emails and the web!! Plus, I'm a very textile person, I LOVE the feel of a book,the pages, etc!

Thanks Lynn and Maggie for dd It breaks my heart She's so moping and crying. So is he, actually. They are both miserable. But it's strange because they have a mutual friend that keeps getting betwee them. She was 'supposedly' my daughters good friend, but one of those faker than fake people who likes to play games, is very manipulative, etc ... she apparently can't keep her hands off him and sneaking around behind her back, something like that. She just didn't want to compete for her own boyfriend. He is too naive to realize that isn't okay behavior and dd just said I don't want to do this anymore. I feel so bad for her. And him. I think he sees now all the times he did that he shouldn't have or things the friend did and he didn't stop and should have .... you get the idea. I hope they work it out. And the sad part is the 'friend' suddenly isn't interested now that they arent' a couple and moved on to someone else's boyfriend. I know I didn't raise my kids that way - what on earth!!?!! They were sweet together. He even said as they both sobbed through the break up that if I ever win you back again, I will appreciate you every single day and love you even more.

Oh, that sounds like a new Josh Groban song right there!
Oh, how sad and sweet at the same time. My heart breaks for them. It sounds like they might get back together again after all the drama wears down. Certainly wasn't a GF to your DD. Hopefully this episode has opened his eyes to the wiles of some girls that can get him in trouble.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-13-2013, 04:44 PM   #6783
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

LOL! I'll give you that you were distracted by the good baby news. Do they call Madeline by her given name or is she Maddy? I agree it's probably better to wait awhile before dropping in on them. You don't want there to be a crowd. Hey, I can drive in Dallas traffic. I bet you could too.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-13-2013, 04:47 PM   #6784
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

That's a tough one. Does the leader of the challenge know what this person is doing? I would think that she wouldn't want to deal with someone who is stealing someone else's images.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-13-2013, 04:54 PM   #6785
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
Lynn I would not want to use the images either - not good, and you as a DT member would not want to be caught up in this - maybe if there are too many objections by the team the sponsor would be dropped?

And congratulations on the new Grand daughter - they are so precious, especially when you can cuddle and hand back when there is a crisis, as they only want their Mummy

Cauliflower - raw, stir fried, boiled or steamed, mixed with other vegetables, covered in cheese sauce....

Maggie - sounds as though that concert was wonderful

Kelly I hope the heartache in the household is easing - sounds as though the boyfriend was simply naive, and he will learn from this episode. The other girl is in for a very unhappy life with that type of behaviour, even if she does not see it at this point.

I keep some of the strawberries in the fridge, and some are in a bowl on the bench to be eaten as we pass by... I have never had to store them for very long, they get eaten too quickly!!

Got top go - we have another crazy busy day - we were half way to our destination yesterday morning when the cell phone rang - the local hospital offering DH a cancelled appointment for the respiratory clinic this morning (this means seeing the specialist for his check-up). This is at 8:45 a.m. when we are usually just getting going, and then he has a doctors appointment at 10:30... I made that one the other day for another issue........... and somewhere in the middle of that I have a certain amount of housework to get done!! Gotta fly
I love strawberries. I buy some every time I go to the grocery store. I'm really keen on raspberries though but they don't always have them.

Glad that your DH got another appt earlier even if you had to be up and goig early. Hope it went well.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-13-2013, 04:57 PM   #6786
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Maggie, when is your granddaughter in California getting married? Are you going to get to go!

Maxine, you're going to have to slow down - you're starting to sound as busy as Kelly now! LOL!!!

Speaking of the images and theft, etc......I just heard that there's some one out there that was using peoples cards off their blogs and entering them in challenges. They caught her after she'd already won a bunch of challenges though! That's sick!!!!!!
I just never hear about this kind of stuff but really need to start paying more attention I guess.
December 28. Of course I'm going to go. I'll be there as well as my other DD from Katy and her family. We'll all be there for Christmas.

OMG! That is crazy. That's one reason why I put a watermark on all my cards before I post them.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-13-2013, 05:00 PM   #6787
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
The copying of images is why I always now have my images watermarked - but to physically copy your card and put it in challenges - that is bordering on sick.

Yup - my head is spinning - got a reasonable report from the respiratory clinic - change of tack in treatment after a series of tests have been done, and results looked at there.

Had the doctor look at a couple of lesions - one on DH's face and one on his leg. The one on his leg comes off tomorrow, the one on his face has been referred to the plastic's unit at Waikato - more driving........... when we get the appointment. The Dr said he has made the referral an urgent one so we should hear soon (that's because the lesion is near one eye.) DH never does things by halves!

Sounds like your appointment went well. Glad that they are going to take care of the lesions on DH's face asap. Don't want to fool around with those.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-13-2013, 06:00 PM   #6788
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes, watermarks are crucial!! Except i had them on my cards at,the time, too! Lol! You can get around that easy enough ifmyou a rotten enough to want to do it

Glad you are doing well and dh is getting to the dr!

Quote:

Old 11-13-2013, 06:07 PM   #6789
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Oh, how sad and sweet at the same time. My heart breaks for them. It sounds like they might get back together again after all the drama wears down. Certainly wasn't a GF to your DD. Hopefully this episode has opened his eyes to the wiles of some girls that can get him in trouble.
Thanks, I'm sure you are right, he prob will. Kids

Yay for Dec 28th!! Right before ringing in the New Year!
Old 11-14-2013, 06:14 AM   #6790
Quacker Stamper

I'm hoping to get around to all the blogs today.

Last night I spent some time putting together some more goodies to include in the Monthly Challenge kits that I'm in charge of this month. Only 15 days late. No problem because we don't have anyone in December and I'm really sending them a bunch of stuff so they'll be able to make lots of Christmas cards. Glad to finallly get that done though.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-14-2013, 07:49 AM   #6791
Pearl-ExPert

Yes, I always put watermarks on my cards too - but like Kelly said, guess there's always a way around that. And yes, the DT coordinator seems to know about the problems with this company - but basically has said they haven't done anything to her, etc.........

Maggie, they call Madeline - Madeline. Jim is the only one that calls her Maddy! But he shortens everyone's name like that. Here's a bit of info too.......Jim calls me Shirley!!!!!! Many years ago I let my hair grow and having naturally curly hair, when it gets long, it curls!! It was styled in this poof looking thing on my head and Jim said I looked like Shirley Temple........so he started calling me Shirley!!!!!! LOL!!! He still calls me that most of the time too. Funny!!!

When's Jeanette suppose to get back? I thought she was just going to be gone for a couple of days!

Waving hi to everyone and I'm off to attempt to finish a card today that's been giving me fits!
Old 11-14-2013, 10:31 AM   #6792
Gabfest Goddess

Hello Addicted Friends!

Wow...lots to try to keep up with here - love it!!

I won't even try to recap it all...I'd leave someone or something out and cause an unintentional slight. (besides, I think my brains are leaking, LOL a little overflow from life..haha)

Congrats to Shirley on the new DGD - love her name!!!

Maxine, glad to hear that you brought those lesions to Dr's attention. Hopefully the second hospital can get him an appointment soon.

RE: Copying/stealing other's work: deplorable. The DT leader should be smarter about taking action. She may find that she is implicated if it gets out that she knows about it. Not to get all preachy but people need to take a stand about what's right and what's wrong more often.

Kelly: those young hearts seem to break into a hundred pieces. But it does toughen them up and hopefully provides some life lessons. As a Mom, it sure is hard to watch

Waving to everyone.

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 11-14-2013, 02:47 PM   #6793
Pearl-ExPert

Hi kelly - I have just popped your card into the mail - hope it travels quickly
Old 11-14-2013, 03:12 PM   #6794
Pearl-ExPert

Maxine, keep us up to date on your husband and the lesions. Hope all is going to be ok with that!!

I was a card making fool today - stayed off the computer and got 3 cards done! That NEVER happens to me but I was on a roll..........Now I need to spend the next two days cleaning house! LOL!

Gosh Darlene - I sure hope your brain isn't leaking! LOL!!!

Just talked to my son and all is well with the new baby! They'll be bringing her home tomorrow.

Maggie, that's great that all of y'all are going to California for the wedding and Christmas! FUN!!! Do you still put up a Christmas tree at home? I actually considering not putting one up this year! Jim's crew usually wander though in January sometime and I doubt if my daughter will be coming since she'll be here for Thanksgiving. My son and his family always stay at home. So, it'll just be Jim, Rambo, Sassy (the cat) and I. Maybe I'll just get a small tree this year instead of going all out with the big one. It just wouldn't be the same without something up! No outside decorations this year though!!! I decided that last year! Too much trouble unless everyone is going to be here.
Old 11-14-2013, 04:15 PM   #6795
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Yes, I always put watermarks on my cards too - but like Kelly said, guess there's always a way around that. And yes, the DT coordinator seems to know about the problems with this company - but basically has said they haven't done anything to her, etc.........

Maggie, they call Madeline - Madeline. Jim is the only one that calls her Maddy! But he shortens everyone's name like that. Here's a bit of info too.......Jim calls me Shirley!!!!!! Many years ago I let my hair grow and having naturally curly hair, when it gets long, it curls!! It was styled in this poof looking thing on my head and Jim said I looked like Shirley Temple........so he started calling me Shirley!!!!!! LOL!!! He still calls me that most of the time too. Funny!!!

When's Jeanette suppose to get back? I thought she was just going to be gone for a couple of days!

Waving hi to everyone and I'm off to attempt to finish a card today that's been giving me fits!
LOL! You Shirley; me Maxine!

Jeanette was going to be gone all week.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-14-2013, 04:20 PM   #6796
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Maxine, keep us up to date on your husband and the lesions. Hope all is going to be ok with that!!

I was a card making fool today - stayed off the computer and got 3 cards done! That NEVER happens to me but I was on a roll..........Now I need to spend the next two days cleaning house! LOL!

Gosh Darlene - I sure hope your brain isn't leaking! LOL!!!

Just talked to my son and all is well with the new baby! They'll be bringing her home tomorrow.

Maggie, that's great that all of y'all are going to California for the wedding and Christmas! FUN!!! Do you still put up a Christmas tree at home? I actually considering not putting one up this year! Jim's crew usually wander though in January sometime and I doubt if my daughter will be coming since she'll be here for Thanksgiving. My son and his family always stay at home. So, it'll just be Jim, Rambo, Sassy (the cat) and I. Maybe I'll just get a small tree this year instead of going all out with the big one. It just wouldn't be the same without something up! No outside decorations this year though!!! I decided that last year! Too much trouble unless everyone is going to be here.
Hi Shirley! That's great that you were able to make 3 cards today. I really need to get back in my room and get some done. Maybe I'll work on the ones that I made in the kit.

I bet your son and dil will be so happy to have their new baby home.

No, I do not put up a tree at home when I'm going to be gone. I may get some decorations out over the Thanksgiving weekend, but only stuff that the kitties won't be able to get into and destroy. I also have a very small tree that I put up when I'm home. My DD that lives here has been after me to give her some of my ornaments. She wants the ones that she made for me when she was in grade school. I'm not ready to part with them yet. I told her she'd have to wait until after they put me in the ground.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-14-2013, 04:42 PM   #6797
Pearl-ExPert

Quick update on DH before I hit the housework (again, it never stops coming at me!) The lesion is out of his leg and as yet the local anaesthetic has not worn off!

Dr did mention the possibility of the dreaded melanoma this time - first time it has been mentioned, and I must admit this one is so different that I had wondered...time will tell. What irks me a bit is that it is over two months since it 'changed' and become sore when he caught it, yet DH only mentioned it the other day - despite all the TV advertising etc about changes in moles!!.

Wonderful Christmas gift if further treatment has to be instigated, but I am praying the Dr has got it all first go!
Old 11-14-2013, 06:05 PM   #6798
Pearl-ExPert

Oh Maxine, I hope they got it too. Jim's deal with his nose was melanoma and he's had several before. They just have to keep digging sometimes! I'm hoping all will be fine though and like you said, it'd be a great Christmas present.

Maggie, I know what you mean about the ornaments! My kids keep begging for them too. I may part with some of this this year but not all. LOL! Seems like every time they come through I unload something else on them. Better now than have to go through it all when I'm gone though I guess - plus it gets rid of some of the clutter around here that I don't really need.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:19 PM   #6799
Pearl-ExPert

Maggie, you just left a comment on my blog saying there was some kind of advertisement on it?????????? I don't see anything! What is it and how would I get rid of it?
Old 11-14-2013, 07:24 PM   #6800
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Maggie, you just left a comment on my blog saying there was some kind of advertisement on it?????????? I don't see anything! What is it and how would I get rid of it?
I don't know what it was, but all of a sudden it was down in the right hand corner. Just popped up. I think it was like animated. I didn't pay a lot of attention to what it was advertising. I was afraid that it might be some spam thing.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts