Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2013, 03:15 PM   #6721
Die Cut Diva

Maxine, that's great about your grandson.........sorry he still has to keep taking the meds but know it's best. Also glad y'all are going to be getting some sunshine! Yea!!! That will really make things grow.

I stayed off the computer this afternoon and got two cards made! What a plus that one was.

Will check in later.........hope everyone is having a good evening!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-08-2013, 03:19 PM   #6722
Die Cut Diva

Maxine.....I just went over and checked out Amy's blog! What an ordeal the entire family has had to go through. Thank goodness he's going to be ok!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 11-09-2013, 05:04 AM   #6723
Gabfest Goddess

Morning SA's!!

Maxine: what a moving post by Amy, and a story to touch every heart! Thank you for sharing the link. It is so awful when children have to be hospitalized. At least in recent years they have come a long way toward making the wards more child-friendly. {{Hugs}}

What's up for everyone this weekend? I plan on catching up on some swaps that need to be done this weekend and mailed first thing next week or they will be late (or I'll have to drop out). Some laundry. Some cleaning & organizing. More prep in the yard for winter.
Oh, DS & fiance will be coming over later for dinner. I'm thinking pot roast in the slow cooker...!

Waving to all!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 11-09-2013, 05:08 AM   #6724
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Oh Wow, Maxine - what an ordeal. PTL he is on the upswing and doing much better. Poor mommy needs some sleep and some R & R after that and sweet babe probably won't want to be anywhere near a hospital!

My daughters have been hospitalized before and its' enough to warrant therapy afterwards. I send hugs and continued prayers!

Lynn - WOOT for getting cards done! SCS is like an addiction, lol. I spent time online, get nothing else done I find lately I have to get several cards done at a time or they don't get done at all. And then it takes me 3 hours to make ONE CARD, so pretty much the entire weekend!

We woke up to gloom and doom here - I just let the dogs out and the sky broke loose!! Black, story, pouring rain - and we had yard work to do!!!!!!!!!! The big trash county pick up comes Tuesday and ALL THIS - including another tree I lumberjacked down - hee hee - dh was NOT pleased!! - took a saw and had at it, took about 10 minutes but I got it down!!! Go me!

DD's are singing tonight but other than that, I told my kids I need some peace and quiet We are a busy family, but things are piling up - not just dishes and laundry< ROFL!!!
LIke books to read, reviews to write, yadda yadda ........

Have a great day, ya'll!
Old 11-09-2013, 10:04 AM   #6725
Die Cut Diva

Morning!!!!

Darlene - have fun crafting some! Pot roast sounds good to............I'd love to say "I'll be right over"!

Whoa on all the rain Kelly! It's a shame it had to come today when you had so much planned too! I'm like you on making a card - takes me forever! I just love it when people post their 10 minute card! Nope - not going to happen with me I'm afraid.

Have y'all been seeing the tags Paige has been posted!!! Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shelly, hope you're feeling better now!

Maxine, just because y'all are having pretty weather doesn't mean you have to over do it! Take care!

I'm off to straighten up the house - once again..............a never ending story!
Old 11-09-2013, 07:09 PM   #6726
Forum Fanatic

Hi to all! Feeling a bit better- still not back to normal...... but happy to say I made it through 2 days at work...hope I did not screw anything up : ) We are really busy- people are hearing their insurance Changes for next year, and everyone wants to have their surgeries right now!!!

Came home and hubby had out one of the prepared meals, so had Apple glazed Pork Chops..... I guess I will have to try some of these meals- they had good spices on the meat......

Maxine- glad to hear your young one is improving with meds- what a nice write up by your daughter- I have never heard of the type of pie she mentioned..... Glad she took her son in when she did- I imagine that could have progressed rapidly!

Kelly- God had other plans for you today!!! The rain made you stay inside and set your sites on 'other' things! You will have a nice pile for the pick-up sounds like. Oh- I am with you- if I make a card in 1 1/2-2 hours, I get so excited! I do not believe anyone can make a card in 10 minutes. I include the time of picking out paper, ink, etc.....not just the stamping, don't you all???

Lynn- hope you have a successful day shining up the house!

Darlene- I am with Lynn- your Pot Roast sounds yummy! Hope you get alot accomplished and have a great visit with your son. (DS=son, right).... I hope you had good weather too.

Going to bed early- will stop by blogs tomorrow- I am going to a SU camp tomorrow- 12 projects for $25.00........ I will have to make my DT card tomorrow too. I was able to make some Alcohol Ink ATC's for a swap- I LOVE them! I made the background with AI's and then punched out shapes from an old beer can, used copic reinker on them, ran them thru the Big Shot and added Stickles to the edges- they look like ornaments- then 'hung' them from branches......

Hearing Snow for the forecast....say what!

Anyway, signing off to get to bed!

Shelly
Old 11-09-2013, 07:47 PM   #6727
Pearl-ExPert

Hi everyone - I have been busy with my Spellbinders project today - so far so good...

I had not heard of that pie either Shelly- I may have to ask DIL more about it. Glad to hear you are on the mend now. Those infections can really knock you about.

Kelly I hope you enjoyed the concert - sounded as though you were by your comments on facebook. A nice change from hacking at trees!

Darlene I hope you have enjoyed your family visiting - a pot roast sounds wonderful. Did you get some crafting done amongst all the other things you had to do.

Yes Lynn I had see those amazing tags Paige has been making - they are wonderful!! Is your house straightened up? - if so you had better go out so it stays looking good

To top it all off, DS and family yesterday had DS ill with what looks to have been a 24 hour tummy bug - for him to be vomiting it must have been bad - I can count on the fingers of one hand the times he vomited as a child.... we are supposed to be visiting them on Wednesday, but if there is any sign of the bug still being around we will pull out - DH is currently back on antibiotics!!

We are currently basking in warm and sunny weather, and it is supposed to be like this for the next 10 day or so - finally!
Old 11-10-2013, 05:14 AM   #6728
Die Cut Diva

Morning everyone!

This is going to be quick and I'll check back later...........but have a "computer" type question! I keep getting something from Paypal saying I need to update my profile........When I go to that it says I have to put in my Social Security number or a Tax ID number!!! I NEVER put my Social Security number on the computer and don't remember doing this when I originally got the Paypal...........Should I do it - or does everyone do this?
Old 11-10-2013, 05:41 AM   #6729
Quacker Stamper

Hi Stamp Addicts. I'll have to catch up later. It was a very busy weekend here in Dallas. I'm just getting ready to check out and get on my way to meet my GF and her DH for brunch and then heading back to H Town. It has been quite a trip. Hope everyone's been having a great weekend.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 11-10-2013, 07:53 AM   #6730
Die Cut Diva

Glad you've had a good time Maggie and hope you have a safe trip home! Can't wait to hear about what all you learned.

Oh, BTW - I found the answer to my question about Paypal........it's SCAM!!!! If y'all get one of these don't do it!

Glad you're feeling better Shelly! Have fun at card camp today! Those prepared meals are sounding better and better! Yummy.

Maxine, hope all the family gets rid of the stomach bug soon! Not fun at all!!! My daughter called yesterday and her oldest had it all week. Seems it started out with the flu and then went to a virus. She said she's seen the doctor so much this past week, they were were on first name basis! She's better this weekend though so all is good once again.

I haven't even mentioned anything lately - but right in the big middle of all the mess I'd been going through for the last two months - my daughter called and said she and her husband were getting divorced! I wasn't too surprised but still it was a shock! She seems to be doing ok though so that's good. She and the grands will be here for Thanksgiving and I'm SUPER excited about that! My son and his family won't get to come though as she's due to have their baby any day now. Just waiting........
Old 11-10-2013, 08:13 PM   #6731
Forum Fanatic

Geepers- lots of bugs flying around- wash hands everyone!!!

I was so tired today- the workshop went from 12Noon to 6:30...it was supposed to be over at 5PM. The projects are wonderful though- and there is nothing better than having everything ready to go for you : )

I have to make a DT card, which I am not done with yet, so will stop by blogs tomorrow instead of tonight.....working tomorrow.

Lynn, so sorry to hear about your daughter- too many marriages end in divorce these days! My hubby's brother is having some issues too- hope they can work it out......

Maxine- you go girl- cannot wait to see what you create for Spellbinders- awesome!

I rec'd Darlene's fun card- what a cool presentation! Thank You! I will get your card out next week. Hope you are having safe travels.

Going to get busy and finish this card and get to bed!

Shelly
Old 11-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #6732
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi girls!! I'm so sorry I haven't checked in - we have been on the go-go-go! I missed you! I can't believe the weekend is over!! My daughters and I went to lunch today and then to see the movie About Time - Oh. My. Gosh. Bring tissues!!! Absolutely charming movie, so funny and heart -warming - best movie in a long time, definitely a chick flick But oh my word, I was bawling. I left the theatre with a puffy face and red eyes!

Oh Lynn, I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. That's great, though, that she'll be home with the grands for Tgiving! Girls, it's 2 weeks away!!!! Is everyone cooking? Or heading out with plans elsewhere? I'm always the Tgiving house here

Jeanette, I rec'd your musical card! It's even prettier IRL - thank you SO much! Maxine, I just put finishing touches on yours and will get it in the mail asap, my dear! Healing hugs to your family and may that bug be gone x0x0

The FISK concert was beautiful, thank you! It was so soothing, major talent that's for sure from those young voices. I really enjoyed myself and yes, it was much funner than those trees, lol! Believe me they have gotten their fair share back - I've been scraped, scratched, have bruises and couldnt' stand upright for 2 days, ROFL!

Lynn, I get Paypal notices all the time. I ignore each of them. Since I'm never on it! I buy with a Credit Card and if paypal is required, I go around it or don't buy there. I can't remember the last time I bought on ebay!!

Finally got 2 cards made and blogged - woot! One less thing off my to-do list! I'll be by to visit and leave some love later tonight!

xoxo
Old 11-11-2013, 03:20 PM   #6733
Pearl-ExPert

Hi everyone!

Lots going on with all of you as usual! Hugs to those in need and also to the rest of you just for fun!

Our 8 1/2 inches of snow from last week melted and then last night we got a new dusting of snow which is still there as our temps have dropped. it will get into the single digits overnight. Brrr! We may warm up to 40 tomorrow!

We went to visit a dear friend this weekend who has a form of cancer than is incurable (can't remember the name, but it's fairly rare). Anyway her son and his wife told us she recently moved into assisted care near them and has also decided not to do chemo anymore. So sad, but I can understand her decision, but her children are very disappointed, as one would expect.

On a happier note, we also saw our son and got together with him and his friends and watched some football on Sunday before we headed home. He has such a great group of friends from college that all ended up in the twin city area and they get together most weekends. So it was hugs all around as we arrived and again when we left. We are like their honorary parents - so fun!

Have a nice evening and stay warm!

Old 11-11-2013, 03:43 PM   #6734
Die Cut Diva

Sorry it's taken me so long to check in today! We got a call this morning from Jim's son saying his grandson was having a Veteran's Day program at school and wanted Jim to be with him and be recognized. SO.....off we went - in a hurry! It's takes about an hour and a half to get there, so we literally flew. So nice of them to let us know in plenty of time! HA! It was a nice program though and the grandson is happy - so that's all that matters. Started home about 3:00 and stopped to eat something since we hadn't eaten all day. Then got back and had to run to Wally World - for a vacuum cleaner! UCK! My old one died yesterday - bummer. Sure wasn't planning on spending that money - but guess you gotta have one of those if you have carpet! Finally got home about 6:00! Long day!

Paige, that's COLD!!!! Stay warm for sure! Glad you got to spend some time with your son and his friends. Fun times! So sad about your friend but I can also understand not wanting to go through chemo if it's incurable.

Kelly, you're rocking those TAWS cards lately! Super cute. I love all their stamps. Slow down on your life..........you're making me dizzy! LOL! Glad to know that you get those paypal things too. I very seldom use that - if ever but didn't know what to do. Heard from another blogger that it's spam though - and I deleted it!

Shelly, so glad you had a good time at the card class! Those are fun I bet!

Better close and go make up the bed - so we can get back in it! LOL! Yep, we were moving and grooving this morning.

Lynn
Old 11-11-2013, 06:13 PM   #6735
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Maggie, my Wink also has a white casing. Does this one have a brush tip? Have fun on your trip and take care!
Yes, they do have brush tips.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-11-2013, 06:16 PM   #6736
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
Dropping in- resting on the couch and watching EWTN.

I made it to the doc- I am now on an antibiotic, a cough med with Codeine, An inhaled Steroid and an updated inhaler- my old one is outdated 2011.....

I am going to try to go to work tomorrow. We are SOooo busy!

I finished up an Alcohol Ink ATC swap- so happy with how they came out- looking forward to getting the swap back too : ) It is due on the 15th. I do not have the energy to start another card, so resting for a bit, then will try to get downstairs. I have dinner in the crock pot.

Hahaha Lynn- you are so funny- don't we all wish we had a machine like that- Oh I think Beef Stroganoff sounds good for dinner- press buttons and boom- dinner appears all ready to eat! Didn't the Jetson's have something like that?

Kelly- I do not always go to the feed on Bloglovin cause I hit the Upper Lt button on my blog and the feed of blogs I follow pops up- but you have me thinking- maybe all of the blogs I follow don't show (there are so many of them.... I tried to unsub from some I never stop at, and I cannot figure it out......).

Ok- off to rest some more..... I have a Oriental Sketch card I made a few days ago- need to get pictures off the camera and get it on my blog.....

Have a great day!
Shelly
Hope you are feeling better by now Shelly and were able to get back to your office. I'm sure your boss and co-workers were glad to see you.

I think a crock pot is almost as good as Lynn's machine You just put all the ingredients in the pot, turn it on and a few hours later - there's dinner!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-11-2013, 06:19 PM   #6737
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
HI Shell! Glad you are resting!! You sound like you have what my son did - asthma brought on by a cold and then nebulizer/inhaler tx .... at least you are on the right track for healing!

I gave up on the blog thing, LOL!! It's on the blogs that have photos only -- it doesn't update until hours later but it's all good, no worries - I was curious as to how to fix it but it seems no one knew what the problem was to know what to fix, ha ha!

Shell, sent a PM! SUPER excited!!

Sorry to be lost today, girls - LONG LONG day, that's for sure! I need the weekend so badly and yet my dd16 has a performance. I did some yardwork this morning after school drop offs and really did too much - dropped a huge branch on my leg (ouch)! When my hubby sees that, he is not going to be pleased! He doesn't want me out there doing work but have I ever mentioned I"m stubborn? And impatient! Hee hee! I know he won't get to it til the weekend and I wanted to get started like now!

I got 3 new books in the mail to review - and I'm still 4 behind! Thassalotta books to review, LOL!!! In between cutting down branches, I'll have a saw in one hand and a book in the other - LOL!!!

Hugs for testings, mammos, traveling, inhalers .............
Kelly, I don't know how anyone can keep up with you! You are always doing something - running kids here and there, working at the school, working in the yard, etc., etc. Sorry about your leg. I hope that it's doing better by now.

And now reading all those books. How do you do it? I can barely get through one a month.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:25 PM   #6738
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
Wow - I missed the updates and you lot have really been chatting up a storm - no puns intended.

Shelly you take care and get properly better - don't try too much too soon - been there done that! At least being an asthmatic, my inhalers are always up to date .

Lynn you really have the time saving ideas down pat - disposable clothes, automatic meals..........

Yes, brekkie is short for breakfast

Kelly you are a wonder woman with all that you do - I feel exhausted just reading it all

Good to see you here Darlene - I hope life is being kind to you.
I have just had my daughter's Mother In Law around to mow the lawns again - last time as I should be fit enough after this. I think she has got to quite enjoy doing it as we are pretty laid back about the edges etc, whereas her DH is fussy as, and in effect robbed her of her confidence, and this has given her some confidence back.

The mammo went o.k., but they needed an extra on on the left as one of them was not very clear -that was the real ouch . I got some studio time in yesterday and got the class project 'demos' made - now to make the kits!
That was funny when I ready "my daughter's Mother in Law." It sounded like one of those trick things, but then I read it again. It is so sweet of her to come do that for you. I'm glad that she enjoys doing it. I know women here that like mowing lawns - gives them some exercise. I used to mow mine, but having to maintain the mower got to be too much of a hassle, so I started hiring someone to do it.

Ooops sorry you had to have that extra smash!

I worked on my monthly challenge kits today. I had images stamped last week but didn't have time to put the rest of them together until today. I still need to get the address labels done and then I'll send them out tomorrow.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-11-2013, 06:29 PM   #6739
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Yes Lynn, I agree, that comment by Kelly about the PM with Shelly was a real teaser!!

We have not heard from family since DGS started being able to hold hold food, so we assume no news is good news! .

As far as far as getting rid of stuff goes, I fear DH is a bit of a hoarder, but I can be ruthless at times, and other times, well, lets just say I'm a bit of a contradiction when it comes to collecting things. .

We are due for ten days of sunshine here after several days of rain, so everything will be sprouting - I have leeks to plant and then the garden will only need some brassicas and it will be full - and I have taken over a second flower bed with tomatoes - I can't eat flowers, and it is the best spot for tomatoes....
What are brassicas? I've never heard of them. Why don't you plant some flowers in between your tomato plants. Do marigolds grow down there? They are good for keeping certain pests away from your plants. Then you can have flowers and tomatoes.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-11-2013, 06:41 PM   #6740
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Has an update on DGS this morning - he is doing well, but not being co-operative taking his medicine and "it tastes yukky". Poor DIL and DGS. What a battle to have for another four weeks!

here is here blog post about the drama, should you want to read it - she writes well..
Oh, Maxine, I'm so sorry that Amy has all that stuff to deal with. Poor little DGS having to take that awful medicine. They say they make some that tastes good for kids, but I think it's all icky. I'm for sure sending up some prayers for them. AT least he is getting well and is at home now. That is a blessing.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-11-2013, 06:46 PM   #6741
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Morning everyone!

This is going to be quick and I'll check back later...........but have a "computer" type question! I keep getting something from Paypal saying I need to update my profile........When I go to that it says I have to put in my Social Security number or a Tax ID number!!! I NEVER put my Social Security number on the computer and don't remember doing this when I originally got the Paypal...........Should I do it - or does everyone do this?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! That is definitely a scam! Whenever they ask you for personal information like that, back away and don't do it. In fact, PayPal tells you to forward the e-mail to their spam department so they can investigate it.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #6742
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Glad you've had a good time Maggie and hope you have a safe trip home! Can't wait to hear about what all you learned.

Oh, BTW - I found the answer to my question about Paypal........it's SCAM!!!! If y'all get one of these don't do it!

Glad you're feeling better Shelly! Have fun at card camp today! Those prepared meals are sounding better and better! Yummy.

Maxine, hope all the family gets rid of the stomach bug soon! Not fun at all!!! My daughter called yesterday and her oldest had it all week. Seems it started out with the flu and then went to a virus. She said she's seen the doctor so much this past week, they were were on first name basis! She's better this weekend though so all is good once again.

I haven't even mentioned anything lately - but right in the big middle of all the mess I'd been going through for the last two months - my daughter called and said she and her husband were getting divorced! I wasn't too surprised but still it was a shock! She seems to be doing ok though so that's good. She and the grands will be here for Thanksgiving and I'm SUPER excited about that! My son and his family won't get to come though as she's due to have their baby any day now. Just waiting........
Sorry about all the stomach bugs going around. I hope everyone is getting better and doesn't spread it around anymore. .

So sorry for your DD and SIL. It's a shame that they couldn't work things out but it can't always be saved. I'm glad that she is handling it well. Will they continue to live where they are? It's nice that they'll be with you for the holiday. Oh, and a new grandbaby. Do they know if it's a boy or girl yet?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-11-2013, 06:56 PM   #6743
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Hi girls!! I'm so sorry I haven't checked in - we have been on the go-go-go! I missed you! I can't believe the weekend is over!! My daughters and I went to lunch today and then to see the movie About Time - Oh. My. Gosh. Bring tissues!!! Absolutely charming movie, so funny and heart -warming - best movie in a long time, definitely a chick flick But oh my word, I was bawling. I left the theatre with a puffy face and red eyes!

Oh Lynn, I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. That's great, though, that she'll be home with the grands for Tgiving! Girls, it's 2 weeks away!!!! Is everyone cooking? Or heading out with plans elsewhere? I'm always the Tgiving house here

Jeanette, I rec'd your musical card! It's even prettier IRL - thank you SO much! Maxine, I just put finishing touches on yours and will get it in the mail asap, my dear! Healing hugs to your family and may that bug be gone x0x0

The FISK concert was beautiful, thank you! It was so soothing, major talent that's for sure from those young voices. I really enjoyed myself and yes, it was much funner than those trees, lol! Believe me they have gotten their fair share back - I've been scraped, scratched, have bruises and couldnt' stand upright for 2 days, ROFL!

Lynn, I get Paypal notices all the time. I ignore each of them. Since I'm never on it! I buy with a Credit Card and if paypal is required, I go around it or don't buy there. I can't remember the last time I bought on ebay!!

Finally got 2 cards made and blogged - woot! One less thing off my to-do list! I'll be by to visit and leave some love later tonight!

xoxo
Those weekends do fly by even when they are 4 days long. Glad that you and your DD's enjoyed the movie. I probably won't see that one, but one of my GF's and I want to go see Ender's Game. I just got the book on my Kindle Fire, but haven't had the chance to start reading it yet.

I can't imagine you guys having Thanksgiving dinner anywhere else but your house Kelly! You're the happening place! My sis always has it at her house. She has most all of the kids and the space for it. We all make tons of side dishes and there's always so much left over. I should lose 5 pounds in the next 2 weeks, so I'll be able to eat. LOL! Like that's going to happen. I just need to keep a check on it.

Glad that you enjoyed the FISK concert. One of my GF's and I are going to see Josh Groban tomorrow night! I'm so excited. First concert I've been to in many years except for seeing TSO and I've missed them the last 2 years.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-11-2013, 07:00 PM   #6744
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
Hi everyone!

Lots going on with all of you as usual! Hugs to those in need and also to the rest of you just for fun!

Our 8 1/2 inches of snow from last week melted and then last night we got a new dusting of snow which is still there as our temps have dropped. it will get into the single digits overnight. Brrr! We may warm up to 40 tomorrow!

We went to visit a dear friend this weekend who has a form of cancer than is incurable (can't remember the name, but it's fairly rare). Anyway her son and his wife told us she recently moved into assisted care near them and has also decided not to do chemo anymore. So sad, but I can understand her decision, but her children are very disappointed, as one would expect.

On a happier note, we also saw our son and got together with him and his friends and watched some football on Sunday before we headed home. He has such a great group of friends from college that all ended up in the twin city area and they get together most weekends. So it was hugs all around as we arrived and again when we left. We are like their honorary parents - so fun!

Have a nice evening and stay warm!
I'm so sorry to hear the sad news about your friend Paige. I guess if I were told that I had an incurable disease, I probably wouldn't go through some terrible treatment that wasn't going to help any. Some chemo treatments can be so devastating. I hope that her time left will be easy for her and will add her to my prayer list.

Sounds like you were able to enjoy some time with your DS and his friends. That's nice that you get along with them and can each enjoy the other's company.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-11-2013, 07:03 PM   #6745
Quacker Stamper

Had a fabulous time in Dallas. There were a few hiccups along the way, but still was able to enjoy every minute of it. I should have gotten to my hotel about 8 or 8:30 on Thursday night and ended up not getting there until after 10. I had a hard time finding the right exit off the freeway. It turned out that it was a left exit (the only one) and I was looking for it on the right side. I went off the freeway to go call my GF who lives up near Dallas to see if she could help me. I pulled into a Jack in the Box and parked and some man walked over to my car and was talking to me, so I rolled down my window and he said that I had a board stuck to my back tire. Sure enough I got out of the car and there it was. Ugh! I told him thanks for letting me know and he left and I called my GF. While I was talking to her I saw a guy in a truck close by and he had his truck door open fiddlin with something, so I walked over there and asked him if he could change a tire. I was lucky because I have a full tire that I keep in my trunk. He very nicely came over and changed it for me and wouldn't take anything for it. He was meeting a friend and going to a meeting the next day. After I got that taken care of, it still took me at least another hour to find the right road to the hotel and get checked in.

Friday morning when I got up, I logged on my computer and looked through my e-mails. I didn't have time to get on SCS or anything then, but I did delete the e-mails that I didn't need. When we took a lunch break I went back up to my room and logged on again - or tried to. My computer crashed!!!!!!! It wouldn't let me even get into it. My profile somehow got corrupted and it wouldn't load it. So that was that for awhile. After our workshops and the Critique session, it was ab out 8:15 and I went back up to my room and called my GF. Her DH is a whiz at computer. I'm not sure exactly what he used to do for a job, but he's a big consultant now to a lot of the colleges around Texas. He comes down to Baylor and Rice and last week was down at Texas A&M on a consulting job. Anyway, I talked to him for awhile and he was able to walk me through to get on in Safe Mode and I was able to access my desktop and documents.

Then on Saturday it was down again. On my lunch break I was able to get back on it in Safe Mode, but it said that my Start Up Menu or something was corrupt and did I want it to fix it. Of course I said yes, so it started a repair and then did a system restore, so I was back in business.

On Sunday I went to IHOP to meet my GF and her DH for brunch. I still wanted him to look at it, but didn't know if IHOP had WiFi or not, so we went back to the hotel where I had access and he was able to go through a bunch of different things to get my profile restored. We also worked on the cursor wonkiness and he confirmed that the touch pad on the laptop was set to very sensitive, so he lowered that to see if it would help. It has a little bit, but it's still giving me fits. The only way to avoid it is to turn off the touch pad and just use the mouse, but sometimes I like using the touch pad, so I'm not doing that.

Luckily the drive home was uneventful. I made one stop to gas up the car and get something to eat and was home before 5.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-11-2013, 07:04 PM   #6746
Quacker Stamper

I was hoping to get a lot done today. Started out with a trip to the Discount Tire store to get my tire fixed and the spare needed air. Another hiccup - the tire was damaged in such a way that it could not be repaired. It had 2 holes in it right close together and he said they couldn't fix it like that. He also told me that I needed new tires very soon. The back 2 still had some tread on them, but the front ones were pretty worn. When he was done looking the car over, he told me that they didn't have the tire they needed in stock but had to order it and I could go back this afternoon and they'd put it on, but would still need one for the other side. I ended up ordering 4 tires and made an appointment for Saturday morning to go have them put on.

I had lunch plans with a couple ladies from church and that was fun. We went to a Turkish restaurant that one of them frequents a lot because it's close to where she works. Her DD works with her so she came along and another one of her co-workers so we had a party. The food was excellent. I decided to go by the grocery store on my way home instead of doing that after the tires this morning. I've spent most of the rest of the day putting together the kits for the Monthly Challenge group that I'm in. It was my turn for November, but I didn't get it all ready before I went to Dallas. I finally finished them up tonight and still have to print out some labels for them and I'll get them in the mail tomorrow.

I can't believe that I have to go back to work tomorrow. Today was like a taste of what it would be like to be retired. I LOVED it!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-11-2013, 07:06 PM   #6747
Quacker Stamper

Sorry that I'm so far behind in visiting blogs. It seems like life has just bee super busy lately. I hope to see if I can get to some of them tomorrow and then on Wednesday. Meantime I'm trying to get some Christmas cards made. I purposely made the monthly challenge kits to be for Christmas so I'd make myself work on them.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-11-2013, 09:45 PM   #6748
Pearl-ExPert

Hi all - great to see all the chatter here

Glad you eventually had a good trip Maggie, despite the tricky journey to start with - isn't it great when strangers help so graciously.

Shelly and Maggie it was good to hear you both enjoyed your classes.

Brassica is a generic term for cabbages, cauliflower and broccoli.

Kelly your Thanksgiving sounds as though it will one big meal with lots of love flowing.

Oh Lynn how great that your daughter and grandies will be with you for Thanksgiving.

Paige that sounds cold - thankfully we rarely get snow here - we had a really hot day yesterday (summer like temps) and today there has been a cool, gusty wind and the temps were really back down again to spring levels.

I have been one busy bunny here, for the past two days . Did housework and shopping and sorted all my gear for today's class yesterday.

Today I baked this morning, and had one lot baked and dinner on the hob and bread in the machine when the power went out for over an hour . I reckoned it was because the power supply was so shocked that I was baking! (It was much worse than that, but we had to get a smile some way).

Second batch of bikkies were at a place where I could leave them, the bread was in it's second rise, so I could take it out of the machine and leave it in the fridge for several hours and the dinner got left until this evening and we had bread and point for lunch. (bread and what ever you point it at )

Ran the class this afternoon and worked the girls so hard they had to finish one of the projects at home this evening (bad planning on my part) then came home and finished the baking, sorted the bread and finished that in the oven and finished dinner and served that - guess what?? - I am a tad tired

Why all the baking - we are off to visit DGS and family and taking them some baking to show some practical love. - Love bombing is the expression I believe!

Probably won't see you now until Thursday here (Wednesday for you )
Old 11-12-2013, 03:22 AM   #6749
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Glad you eventually had a good trip Maggie, despite the tricky journey to start with - isn't it great when strangers help so graciously.

Kelly your Thanksgiving sounds as though it will one big meal with lots of love flowing.

Oh Lynn how great that your daughter and grandies will be with you for Thanksgiving.

Paige that sounds cold - thankfully we rarely get snow here - we had a really hot day yesterday (summer like temps) and today there has been a cool, gusty wind and the temps were really back down again to spring levels.

I have been one busy bunny here, for the past two days . Did housework and shopping and sorted all my gear for today's class yesterday.

Today I baked this morning, and had one lot baked and dinner on the hob and bread in the machine when the power went out for over an hour . I reckoned it was because the power supply was so shocked that I was baking! (It was much worse than that, but we had to get a smile some way).

Second batch of bikkies were at a place where I could leave them, the bread was in it's second rise, so I could take it out of the machine and leave it in the fridge for several hours and the dinner got left until this evening and we had bread and point for lunch. (bread and what ever you point it at )

Ran the class this afternoon and worked the girls so hard they had to finish one of the projects at home this evening (bad planning on my part) then came home and finished the baking, sorted the bread and finished that in the oven and finished dinner and served that - guess what?? - I am a tad tired

Why all the baking - we are off to visit DGS and family and taking them some baking to show some practical love. - Love bombing is the expression I believe!

Okay, so that was Brassica. Not sure how they would cook that, but now there is "bikkies." What are those? I'm thinking some kind of cookie. It's great getting a language lesson here
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-12-2013, 05:16 AM   #6750
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Sorry that I'm so far behind in visiting blogs. It seems like life has just bee super busy lately. I hope to see if I can get to some of them tomorrow and then on Wednesday. Meantime I'm trying to get some Christmas cards made. I purposely made the monthly challenge kits to be for Christmas so I'd make myself work on them.
Haha, smart -- I have definitely caught the Christmas card bug!! As short on time as I am, I keep reaching for Christmas stamps

I caught up on the blogs and left love! <3
Old 11-12-2013, 05:18 AM   #6751
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Maxine, you have the best heart in the world!! I am sure that it will mean a lot to have food available ad lots of mamma's food to eat while little dgs is recovering - no doubt mommy needs some sleep after all this and you'll be there to help - LOVE!!

Bikkie ...... biscuits? Bread?

I draw the line at brassica, lol! I cannot do cauliflower!! But I'm sure it tastes great, if you eat cauliflower, LOL!!!

Quote:

Old 11-12-2013, 05:22 AM   #6752
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Maggie! Bless your heart! I'm glad you made it home - IN ONE PIECE!!!

I am not laughing at you, dear friend, but your story had me in stitches, I kept picturing the Chevy Chase vacations, LOL!!!!!!

First, YAY for Dallas people! I wouldnt' roll my widow down anytime, anywhere - I'm from Miami! We learn quickly here, lol. I forget sometimes that the world is really a nice place in other areas A board? OMGosh! I'm glad you didn't get a flat and weren't left stranded, holy Hanna, God is good and was watching over you, my friend!! Your guardian angels were ON DUTY!!!!!!!!

Glad you had a good time otherwise and your pc is back up and running!

Welcome home!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Had a fabulous time in Dallas. There were a few hiccups along the way, but still was able to enjoy every minute of it. I should have gotten to my hotel about 8 or 8:30 on Thursday night and ended up not getting there until after 10. I had a hard time finding the right exit off the freeway. It turned out that it was a left exit (the only one) and I was looking for it on the right side. I went off the freeway to go call my GF who lives up near Dallas to see if she could help me. I pulled into a Jack in the Box and parked and some man walked over to my car and was talking to me, so I rolled down my window and he said that I had a board stuck to my back tire. Sure enough I got out of the car and there it was. Ugh! I told him thanks for letting me know and he left and I called my GF. While I was talking to her I saw a guy in a truck close by and he had his truck door open fiddlin with something, so I walked over there and asked him if he could change a tire. I was lucky because I have a full tire that I keep in my trunk. He very nicely came over and changed it for me and wouldn't take anything for it. He was meeting a friend and going to a meeting the next day. After I got that taken care of, it still took me at least another hour to find the right road to the hotel and get checked in.

Friday morning when I got up, I logged on my computer and looked through my e-mails. I didn't have time to get on SCS or anything then, but I did delete the e-mails that I didn't need. When we took a lunch break I went back up to my room and logged on again - or tried to. My computer crashed!!!!!!! It wouldn't let me even get into it. My profile somehow got corrupted and it wouldn't load it. So that was that for awhile. After our workshops and the Critique session, it was ab out 8:15 and I went back up to my room and called my GF. Her DH is a whiz at computer. I'm not sure exactly what he used to do for a job, but he's a big consultant now to a lot of the colleges around Texas. He comes down to Baylor and Rice and last week was down at Texas A&M on a consulting job. Anyway, I talked to him for awhile and he was able to walk me through to get on in Safe Mode and I was able to access my desktop and documents.

Then on Saturday it was down again. On my lunch break I was able to get back on it in Safe Mode, but it said that my Start Up Menu or something was corrupt and did I want it to fix it. Of course I said yes, so it started a repair and then did a system restore, so I was back in business.

On Sunday I went to IHOP to meet my GF and her DH for brunch. I still wanted him to look at it, but didn't know if IHOP had WiFi or not, so we went back to the hotel where I had access and he was able to go through a bunch of different things to get my profile restored. We also worked on the cursor wonkiness and he confirmed that the touch pad on the laptop was set to very sensitive, so he lowered that to see if it would help. It has a little bit, but it's still giving me fits. The only way to avoid it is to turn off the touch pad and just use the mouse, but sometimes I like using the touch pad, so I'm not doing that.

Luckily the drive home was uneventful. I made one stop to gas up the car and get something to eat and was home before 5.

Old 11-12-2013, 05:27 AM   #6753
Stazon Splitcoast

Red face

Aw, Maggie, that's one of my super powers, LOL! No, seriously ... I'm a speed reader Don't know how I inherited that gene, not sure if it is one, or something I developed over time - but I devour books and tuck them away in my brain! If I could go back in time, I'd definitely NOT chose psychology and I'd definitely chose working for a book publisher, reviewing manuscripts, etc ... oh the heaven I'd be in!!

Speaking of books, I'm apparently heading to the bookstore! My dd14 tells me NOW, today, that she NEEEEEDS a book by tomorrow. Last minute much?!!

My other daughter is completely inconsolable. Her and her bf broke up this weekend, a mutual understanding but they are both so crazy in love, at 16 imagine... first boyfriend/girlfriend for each. It's breaking my heart. She is just sobbing and moping and we've probably all been there, they think it's the end of the world. They agreed to be friends but hopefully they'll work it out. We just adored him. I'll miss having him around

Quote:
Kelly, I don't know how anyone can keep up with you! You are always doing something - running kids here and there, working at the school, working in the yard, etc., etc. Sorry about your leg. I hope that it's doing better by now.

And now reading all those books. How do you do it? I can barely get through one a month.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:43 AM   #6754
Die Cut Diva

Maxine, you're a hoot!!!! You need to explain all these words and terms to us folks in Texas (and else over here too)!! Sounds good though and glad you had fun baking! I need to do that more often and am sure I will with Thanksgiving and Christmas coming soon. I'm sure your card class was fun! Wish I could be there for one!!! Ah.......

Maxine, the angels were looking after you on that trip!!!! Glad that guy helped you out on the tire. So many wouldn't have. Uck on having to buy new tires - but at least you'll feel much safer now! Sorry you had to go back to work............you'll be retiring before you know it though! You need to tell us what all you learned in the class now!

Kelly, so sad about your daughter and boyfriend. Young love and it's so hard on them! Don't think there's a single thing to make it better - just keep her smiling and she'll be fine I'm sure. Wish I was a speed reader like that. I can read pretty fast but don't retain any of it! Not good!
Old 11-12-2013, 08:10 PM   #6755
Pearl-ExPert

Sorry - bikkies are biscuits, or as you call them, cookies.
Your biscuits to us (and the Britts) are scones - took me a fair while to suss that one!!

Have had a great trip today and DSG is improving slowly - still has a limp and is quite 'fragile' - tears at the drop of a hat etc.

DIL and I went strawberry picking this morning and I came home with two kilos (approx 4 pounds) - don't think I will need to buy any locally for a while .

Lynn I think you meant Maggie had her angels working overtime - but I don't mind mine working overtime at all.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:05 AM   #6756
Gabfest Goddess

Morning Friends! Skimmed here quickly to get caught up (some).

Maxine: read with a smile your baking and cooking story. Bread and point - Love that one! Love bombing - oh yeah, will incorporate that phrase into my vocabulary also! Sorry to hear of the stomach bug hitting DS. Boy, they have had their fill recently. Hoping that things settle out and get peaceful for them.

Maggie: Holy Moley, what a start to your trip!!! Thankfully you were graced by a couple of decent guys to help you out. Turkish lunch sounds relish!

Paige: no offense, but could you please keep that cold air and not share? LOL, our high yesterday was only 34 degrees. Yikes, I'm so not ready for winter yet. Such a sad development with your friend and her cancer. It's good that you were able to visit her, and then follow it up with a fun visit w/DS & friends.

Lynn: What Maggie said (don't EVER enter your SS# or other info into any email asking for those details. No matter where it claims to come from) So sorry to hear of DD's divorce. Glad that they will join you for Thanksgiving, though. Hugs!

Shelly: I am so confused...I don't think I sent you a card. I have it in my mind that I'm behind on getting one out to Kelly, and now I have my new assignment for November...Paige. But maybe I am wrong...who knows! I can't wait for life to slow down a bit and give me a chance to establish a new normal. hahahaha

I certainly am abusing all of your forgiving natures here! Thanks for putting up with my tardiness.

Well, time to get ready for the work day. Blessings to each of you!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 11-13-2013, 03:01 AM   #6757
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Oh Maxine, you have the best heart in the world!! I am sure that it will mean a lot to have food available ad lots of mamma's food to eat while little dgs is recovering - no doubt mommy needs some sleep after all this and you'll be there to help - LOVE!!

Bikkie ...... biscuits? Bread?

I draw the line at brassica, lol! I cannot do cauliflower!! But I'm sure it tastes great, if you eat cauliflower, LOL!!!
I'm not really crazy about cauliflower. It's okay mixed with other veggies, so this might be okay. How do you cook it?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-13-2013, 03:05 AM   #6758
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Aw, Maggie, that's one of my super powers, LOL! No, seriously ... I'm a speed reader Don't know how I inherited that gene, not sure if it is one, or something I developed over time - but I devour books and tuck them away in my brain! If I could go back in time, I'd definitely NOT chose psychology and I'd definitely chose working for a book publisher, reviewing manuscripts, etc ... oh the heaven I'd be in!!

Speaking of books, I'm apparently heading to the bookstore! My dd14 tells me NOW, today, that she NEEEEEDS a book by tomorrow. Last minute much?!!

My other daughter is completely inconsolable. Her and her bf broke up this weekend, a mutual understanding but they are both so crazy in love, at 16 imagine... first boyfriend/girlfriend for each. It's breaking my heart. She is just sobbing and moping and we've probably all been there, they think it's the end of the world. They agreed to be friends but hopefully they'll work it out. We just adored him. I'll miss having him around
I do wish I had the time and could read fast. I have hundreds of books on my Kindle Fire and add more every day.

So sorry about your dd and her bf. So if they are both so crazy in love with each other, why the breakup?? They are so young, but hope that they can work things out if it's meant to be. Praying for some peace for them.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-13-2013, 03:10 AM   #6759
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Maxine, you're a hoot!!!! You need to explain all these words and terms to us folks in Texas (and else over here too)!! Sounds good though and glad you had fun baking! I need to do that more often and am sure I will with Thanksgiving and Christmas coming soon. I'm sure your card class was fun! Wish I could be there for one!!! Ah.......

Maxine, the angels were looking after you on that trip!!!! Glad that guy helped you out on the tire. So many wouldn't have. Uck on having to buy new tires - but at least you'll feel much safer now! Sorry you had to go back to work............you'll be retiring before you know it though! You need to tell us what all you learned in the class now!

Kelly, so sad about your daughter and boyfriend. Young love and it's so hard on them! Don't think there's a single thing to make it better - just keep her smiling and she'll be fine I'm sure. Wish I was a speed reader like that. I can read pretty fast but don't retain any of it! Not good!
LOL! You did it again Lynn! But yes, I was being watched over and helped. Oh, lordy, if I had known my tires were as bad as they are, I would have bought the tires before I even left H Town, but then would have ruined a brand new tire. That would have hurt. I'll give you a run down on the classes soon. Haven't had the time to go through things yet.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-13-2013, 03:12 AM   #6760
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Sorry - bikkies are biscuits, or as you call them, cookies.
Your biscuits to us (and the Britts) are scones - took me a fair while to suss that one!!

Have had a great trip today and DSG is improving slowly - still has a limp and is quite 'fragile' - tears at the drop of a hat etc.

DIL and I went strawberry picking this morning and I came home with two kilos (approx 4 pounds) - don't think I will need to buy any locally for a while .

Lynn I think you meant Maggie had her angels working overtime - but I don't mind mine working overtime at all.
How do you store your strawberries? I find that if I don't get them eaten within a couple days, they go bad. I usually will freeze those that I don't use right away. Then I can use them in smoothies or I mix them in yogurt.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts