Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2013, 12:16 PM   #6641
Gabfest Goddess

Here's a pic of my new ride (not my pic but from a dealer site)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Equinox.jpg (5.7 KB, 5 views)

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #6642
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Darlene, my sister has an Equinox and loves it! Hers is red. What color is yours?

Yep, a lot of gifts. And each year our mission group makes a gift to take to the residents of the senior housing here - 50 people. This year I got roped into making all 50 of those. That's what I get for having an idea of what we could make. LOL!

I guess you know what I'll be doing for the next month and a half.
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: The Forest in the Fall
Old 11-04-2013, 12:28 PM   #6643
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post
Lynn, my DH and I have been married for 30 years and all but the first year and one year when he didn't have a church, I've made a gift for each church family. The most I've ever made in one year was 275. My rule is that they can't cost more than 25 cents each to make. Other than 2-3 of the early years, it is always a Christmas ornament - usually some kind of angel, though I have done snowmen a couple of times.

Okay, you made me look at the glitter brush marker. Shame on you!

Shelly, when I toss and turn for 30 minutes without sleep; I get up.

Maggie, I'm sorry you didn't like your markers. That is always disappointing after spending $$$ on them.
Yikes! That is a lot of ornaments!

Now, when I can't sleep I take a Melatonin tablet (tiny one) but before I would just sit up and read for about 1/2 hour and that would calm me down and make me sleepy again to get back to sleep.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 11-04-2013, 12:48 PM   #6644
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Darlene, my sister has an Equinox and loves it! Hers is red. What color is yours?

Yep, a lot of gifts. And each year our mission group makes a gift to take to the residents of the senior housing here - 50 people. This year I got roped into making all 50 of those. That's what I get for having an idea of what we could make. LOL!

I guess you know what I'll be doing for the next month and a half.
Yikes! All those ornaments and now you have to make 50 gifts. I guess we know where we can find you until Christmas!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-04-2013, 03:00 PM   #6645
Forum Fanatic

I did not paint....took it easy instead- chest is getting tight, so I decided to rest....... Maybe I will get the taping done later when the Packers are beating the Bears......Yikes- Hubby would frown at me for that....

Holy Cow- that is ALOT of ornaments- do you make them all year long, or like me- do them at the last minute and make yourself crazy......! Plus 50 ornaments- do you get any help??? Yikes!

Darlene- great looking card! I hope you enjoy driving it : ) I like your gift idea too!

I like the Gifts in the Jar- I made them one year and added a Pampered Chef mini spatula to each of them- made cookie mix mostly.

I got some cards made yesterday- took pictures today and made Blog posts.

OK- going to sign off- computer is warm in my lap : )

Shelly
Old 11-04-2013, 05:17 PM   #6646
Gabfest Goddess

Shelly, so sad to hear that your yucky cold thing is settling into your chest. Mine always does that too, so I can sympathize. I hope you get some quality rest tonight.

Jeanette, my car's color is called "Silver Topaz". Which means it's light blue, kinda sparkly. And, yes, that is a LOT of ornaments and gifts! You'll be busy.

Maggie, I'm going to try some of that Melatonin. Do you get it at a health food place or do I need a prescription? I missed what happened to your hand, but I sure hope it's improving.

Good night everyone, sleep well.

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 11-04-2013, 06:06 PM   #6647
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
I did not paint....took it easy instead- chest is getting tight, so I decided to rest....... Maybe I will get the taping done later when the Packers are beating the Bears......Yikes- Hubby would frown at me for that....

Holy Cow- that is ALOT of ornaments- do you make them all year long, or like me- do them at the last minute and make yourself crazy......! Plus 50 ornaments- do you get any help??? Yikes!

Darlene- great looking card! I hope you enjoy driving it : ) I like your gift idea too!

I like the Gifts in the Jar- I made them one year and added a Pampered Chef mini spatula to each of them- made cookie mix mostly.

I got some cards made yesterday- took pictures today and made Blog posts.

OK- going to sign off- computer is warm in my lap : )

Shelly
Take it easy Shelly. Don't be worrying about all that painting/taping stuff when you're sick.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-04-2013, 06:10 PM   #6648
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcardmaking View Post
Shelly, so sad to hear that your yucky cold thing is settling into your chest. Mine always does that too, so I can sympathize. I hope you get some quality rest tonight.

Jeanette, my car's color is called "Silver Topaz". Which means it's light blue, kinda sparkly. And, yes, that is a LOT of ornaments and gifts! You'll be busy.

Maggie, I'm going to try some of that Melatonin. Do you get it at a health food place or do I need a prescription? I missed what happened to your hand, but I sure hope it's improving.

Good night everyone, sleep well.
You can buy Melatonin in the Vitamin section of any grocery store or at a Pharmacy like Walgreen's or CVS maybe even Walmart. No prescription needed.

Oh, I was going to take Casper to the vet on Saturday for a B-12 shot and he decided he didn't want to go, so he dug his back claws into my left hand and my right thumb. We decided he didn't really need that B-12 shot afterall. I did have to go and pick up his food though. It's doing so much better, thanks.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-04-2013, 07:29 PM   #6649
Pearl-ExPert

Lucky you with the melatonin - not available here unless on prescription, and very difficult to buy overseas and bring in too - it gets stopped if 'they' get wind of it. I had a friend who was constantly getting thwarted when they tried to get it.

Glad to hear your hand is improving Maggie.

Shelly take card and rest - chest colds/coughs are nasty - as you would well know.

Our grandson was discharged from hospital this afternoon, but will be on oral antibiotics for another 5-6 weeks. I have no idea how the infection got into his pelvis bones - at least it was not his hip, which would have been far worse, apparently.

Have spent time in the studio and nearly have the class sample done ready for nect week.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:06 AM   #6650
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
Lucky you with the melatonin - not available here unless on prescription, and very difficult to buy overseas and bring in too - it gets stopped if 'they' get wind of it. I had a friend who was constantly getting thwarted when they tried to get it.

Glad to hear your hand is improving Maggie.

Shelly take card and rest - chest colds/coughs are nasty - as you would well know.

Our grandson was discharged from hospital this afternoon, but will be on oral antibiotics for another 5-6 weeks. I have no idea how the infection got into his pelvis bones - at least it was not his hip, which would have been far worse, apparently.

Have spent time in the studio and nearly have the class sample done ready for nect week.
That's so weird that you can't buy Melatonin without a prescription. It's not really a drug that you can get high on or anything and is not really a "sleeping pill."

Glad to hear that your grandson is out of the hospital and on the mend. I hope that the antibiotics will get him completely well soon.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-05-2013, 03:16 AM   #6651

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Oh dear me... I need to clarify! The most ornaments I've made for a church family in one year is 275. We are in a MUCH smaller church now (plus that year we had a BIG emphasis on bringing the family to church for Christmas so we were expecting and had lots of guests). Now I only have to make about 60 ornaments... plus the 50 for the senior housing. I am happy to say I have 40 of the senior ones made; 10 more to go. I ran out of supplies and need to go shopping. The church ones? hmmmmmmmm... don't even know exactly what I'm making this year, though I do have an idea in my head.

Maxine, I'm so glad to hear your grandson is home now. Praying the mending goes well!

Darlene, the color of your car sounds beautiful!

You all speak of Melatonin and I'm not sure what it is or what it's for... except it sounds like you take it when you have trouble sleeping. Is that right? If so, I'm wondering if my DD could benefit from it. She has such a difficult time sleeping... she's like her dad and can't turn her brain off when she gets to bed. Too bad in that case she isn't more like her mom. LOL! I have little in my brain to keep me awake.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:39 AM   #6652
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Oh dear me... I need to clarify! The most ornaments I've made for a church family in one year is 275. We are in a MUCH smaller church now (plus that year we had a BIG emphasis on bringing the family to church for Christmas so we were expecting and had lots of guests). Now I only have to make about 60 ornaments... plus the 50 for the senior housing. I am happy to say I have 40 of the senior ones made; 10 more to go. I ran out of supplies and need to go shopping. The church ones? hmmmmmmmm... don't even know exactly what I'm making this year, though I do have an idea in my head.

Maxine, I'm so glad to hear your grandson is home now. Praying the mending goes well!

Darlene, the color of your car sounds beautiful!

You all speak of Melatonin and I'm not sure what it is or what it's for... except it sounds like you take it when you have trouble sleeping. Is that right? If so, I'm wondering if my DD could benefit from it. She has such a difficult time sleeping... she's like her dad and can't turn her brain off when she gets to bed. Too bad in that case she isn't more like her mom. LOL! I have little in my brain to keep me awake.
Glad that you don't have 275 ornaments to make Jeanette. What are you making for the seniors this year?

Melatonin is a sleep aid. It kind of relaxes your mind to allow you to fall asleep. I don't take it on a regular basis; for instance, I don't take it when I go to bed. I just use it on those nights that I wake up in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep. Since it's OTC, she could try it without spending $$ for a prescription and see if it helps her.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-05-2013, 03:58 AM   #6653

Thanks Maggie... I think I'll ask DD if she's ever tried it. Might also suggest it to DH. He's been wondering how he's going to sleep while he's in Israel.

The ornaments for the Seniors are actually an angel that I made for a church family years ago... I've recreated that idea. They are small and so easy. They start with a cloth yo yo and have ribbon wings and a round paper clip for the halo. I'll try to attach a picture of it....
Attached Images
File Type: png angel ornament.png (362.8 KB, 7 views)

Old 11-05-2013, 04:25 AM   #6654
Die Cut Diva

Mercy me! I must have been asleep while all this chatter has been going on!!! I'm awake now though.

Darlene...........I am SO jealous!!! I love that vehicle and have been wanting one for about 6 months or more.....just don't want the payment and haven't figured out a way to have both! LOL!!! You're going to love it I'm sure and yes, it's a beauty!

Maxine - so glad your grandson is home now and doing better. That had to have been so scary for all of y'all!!! Great news on him!

Shelly - sorry you've been feeling under the weather - but cheer up now since the Bears won last night! Jim and I watched the game too - but I ended up crashing right at the forth quarter......and then was up way too early this morning. Need to try to stay up later I guess.

Jeanette - YIKES on that many ornaments!!!! We need to see what your ideas are for so many...and also the ones you've already finished.

Maggie - glad your hand is doing better. I was going to say get some gloves on before handling Casper again - but that would just scare him worse I'm afraid!

Back to Kelly's question...........Kelly - what type of gift are you leaning toward? Something Christmas-y or something else? The gifts in a jar are good of course and the ornaments too. Maybe some type of chalkboard clipboard or something like that. I know the chalkboard is pretty big right now - there's even a store in town here that teaches chalkboard painting on stuff.

I'm sure I've missed some other topics that have been going on since yesterday but will catch up later on it all (maybe! LOL)
Old 11-05-2013, 04:53 AM   #6655

Hi Lynn!

Old 11-05-2013, 05:27 AM   #6656
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Thanks Maggie... I think I'll ask DD if she's ever tried it. Might also suggest it to DH. He's been wondering how he's going to sleep while he's in Israel.

The ornaments for the Seniors are actually an angel that I made for a church family years ago... I've recreated that idea. They are small and so easy. They start with a cloth yo yo and have ribbon wings and a round paper clip for the halo. I'll try to attach a picture of it....
That is so cute Jeanette! Still having to make 50 of those would be a daunting task to me.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-05-2013, 05:40 AM   #6657

Oh Maggie, they are super easy.

Old 11-05-2013, 06:50 AM   #6658
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Oh Shell, do take care!!! How uncomfortable thqat must be, hopefully you have some of the good stuff to make it go away

Yes, things have a way of falling into my cart! Imagine

I actually went to Joanns and Michaels yesterday to pick up other odds and ends and felt like Santa claus. I was making lists, lol! I'd so much rather have them locally than pay shipping!! I found every single thing I was looking for, yay!

The party is getting .... interesting And it's still 2 months away! Well, a month and a half .... lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
Morning! Cold has settled in my vocal cords- so trying not to talk- makes me cough- and trying not to loose my voice!

Maxine- how frightening- how does a child get an infected pelvis??? Wondering minds ask...! Glad he is responding to tx and will keep him in prayers! Congrats on all of the GDT spots- wahoo for you!!!

Ooops- sorry for speaking too soon about a good nights sleep Jeanette- not sure what I would do if I woke up at 3AM, I would most likely have to get up as all of the little noises would annoy me! Goodness- how many families do you make gifts for???

Darlene- hoping all is going well for you!

Lynn- I googled those markers- they look cool- I think I already have too much stuff.....that makes stuff shine.....! I will enjoy watching and see if I have to have them.....hahahaha

Sweet Stamps just started carrying Inka Gold Metallic Paint- so I spent some time watching You Tube video's and think I will buy a few to play...... They also added 3D stamp paint too....... Maybe I will have to suggest the glitter pens too......

Kelly- funny how stuff falls into a shopping cart, isn't it......hehehehe The sound of a big party- that would be my oldest- my youngest DD and son are both very shy! The did not like all of the hoopla...Chris would get it anyway as he is a twin, but Stephi- no thanks! I think it is fun to plan and see the kids all have a blast!

Maggie- I have never heard of that cream- does it heal open cuts quickly and keep them from becoming infected???

My 'cold' has settled in my vocal cords- so my voice is trying to decide should it stay or should it go..... I am going to stay on voice rest (hahaha for someone that talks alot......) it will be a challenge.

Think I will paint woodwork today....

Waving hello to everyone
Shelly
Old 11-05-2013, 06:52 AM   #6659
Stazon Splitcoast

OH Man, I don't envy you, Jeanette ...... I wouldn't want to make 50 of anything! And I'll be sure to post on the blog when I use my wink of stella *wink!* I hit payday yesterday wandering around Tuesday Morning and they had a gold and silver one sitting in the dismal crafting area -- who knew!

Darlene!!!!! Sweet Ride!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on your gorgeous new car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2013, 07:02 AM   #6660
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Lynn!

Well, first up is the teacher's totes ..... after those tshirts we did and the daunting task it was, I"m going SIMPLE!! I plan to make a few for the speciality area teachers as well. Did I tell you how very much I love volunteering at my son's schooL! I do, I do!

I spent an hour in the library this morning there and just feel such great peace. I know I would have have made a good teacher, but I like to volunteer!

Hey, Shell ..... they were at my daughter's college the other day talking to her/them about taking a year off to teach in China! After her degree, they said before her master's, should she want to get one, take the year to teach in China. If she accepts, which she says she wont', she'd have to take 6 months of Mandarin.

Okay, back to Cmas!!!!!! For my family, I try to make the girls an album each yYear. Last year, I made my dd16 shadowbox frames from all her performances and operas - a picture of her, plus the show's bulletin, and knick nnacks that matched the theme. I made them homemade aprons as well - okay, let me say by homemade, I bought plain ones and added decor, LOL!! I ccan't sew to save my life! (and my mom is a seamstress, imagine that!)

For the teachers, we've made painted pots, frames, gift card holders of every kind, oven mitts filled with goodies, cookies in a jar, books and book covers ... so much stuff you can make! If you ever go on Pinterest, it will make your head spin!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Mercy me! I must have been asleep while all this chatter has been going on!!! I'm awake now though.

Darlene...........I am SO jealous!!! I love that vehicle and have been wanting one for about 6 months or more.....just don't want the payment and haven't figured out a way to have both! LOL!!! You're going to love it I'm sure and yes, it's a beauty!

Maxine - so glad your grandson is home now and doing better. That had to have been so scary for all of y'all!!! Great news on him!

Shelly - sorry you've been feeling under the weather - but cheer up now since the Bears won last night! Jim and I watched the game too - but I ended up crashing right at the forth quarter......and then was up way too early this morning. Need to try to stay up later I guess.

Jeanette - YIKES on that many ornaments!!!! We need to see what your ideas are for so many...and also the ones you've already finished.

Maggie - glad your hand is doing better. I was going to say get some gloves on before handling Casper again - but that would just scare him worse I'm afraid!

Back to Kelly's question...........Kelly - what type of gift are you leaning toward? Something Christmas-y or something else? The gifts in a jar are good of course and the ornaments too. Maybe some type of chalkboard clipboard or something like that. I know the chalkboard is pretty big right now - there's even a store in town here that teaches chalkboard painting on stuff.

I'm sure I've missed some other topics that have been going on since yesterday but will catch up later on it all (maybe! LOL)
Old 11-05-2013, 07:04 AM   #6661
Stazon Splitcoast

How absolutely sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Old 11-05-2013, 07:24 AM   #6662
Forum Fanatic

Still on the couch...coughing..... Reading my e-mail and wanted to pass on- in case you do not follow Gina K- she has a Blog Hop with Faber Castel this week and they are using Gelato's on the FC blog. The 1st post today on the FC blog has a video of a scrapbook page- not my style, but shows a couple of great ways to add color or to use the Gelato's.........
I particularly like how she spreads the color with a baby wipe- and look how vibrant the color is on the leaves......

Jeanette- that is still lots of ornaments- your yo-yo angel is so sweet! Yep Kelly- I love Pintrest for ideas too- you are so busy- and very productive too!

I am going to sign off and take a rest. I am so dingy- last night I posted my DT project for SS- wrote up the post and forgot to add the picture.....ding, ding! Glad I am not working!

Shelly
Old 11-05-2013, 08:09 AM   #6663
Stazon Splitcoast

Oops, sorry I poofed ....... our lawn guy showed up unexpectedly! He is the funniest man, he reminds me of a latin version of Mr. magoo, lol! He doesn't speak a word of English and I called him to tell him that I need some a dead tree cut down and my prized Sea Grape tree trimmed way back, as in like half of it's limbs before the party. I need that backyard in tip top shape!

He needed specifics, so I went out there with a spray paint and marked exactly where, and he starts in with the "oh ... a party .... why don't you put the tables here, a gazebo over there, and oh!! Let's line the walkway with some flowers, and ........" hello! From lawn maintenance to party planner, LOL!!!!!!!!

MAGGIE (see, I got it right!) is the hand all healed up?

Maxine, how is the little one? Bless his heart. We just heard a little girl that was hit by a truck and in CCU finally went home and is doing really well. She goes to my son's school. It was so very tragic but thank the Lord, she's going to recover.

My daughter is on her way home from class and wants me to go have lunch with her. Awwww!

Now all I have to do is get rid of the lawn guy before he decides my house needs to be a different color and show up with paint swatches!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2013, 08:28 AM   #6664
Stazon Splitcoast

Shell, you poor thing! Feel better, hun!!!!!!!!

Jeanette, seeing your ornament reminded me of a gift my daughter made for me in her preschool class Sniff, sniff ...... a lifetime ago! The same daughter who is now having her 17th bday party ...... sniff, sniff!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg get-attachment (33).jpg (32.3 KB, 7 views)
Old 11-05-2013, 08:45 AM   #6665
Die Cut Diva

Jeanette, the little angel ornament is darling!!! SO CUTE!!

And Kelly, love your little hanging! Precious and know it brings back wonderful memories.

That's so funny about the lawn guy!!!!!!!!! LOLOlOL!!!
Have a fun lunch!
Old 11-05-2013, 02:54 PM   #6666
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks, Lynn!

My goodness what an exhausting day .... Is it too early for a glass of wine?!!!

Have you guys ever heard/used Opalite from Archival?! I thought it was like smooch, but added it to an already late card swap and it ruined it!!! Like I had to start all over!! I was devastated. I waited TWO days for them to dry and they are still wet, so I embossed it to see if that was the trouble and what did it do.. Still didn't dry! What IS this stuff?!!!!!
Old 11-05-2013, 03:55 PM   #6667
Pearl-ExPert

Yes I have Opalite inks - they are interference inks and work fabulously on black cardstock, particularly on a glossy surface.

I cannot recall any issues with it drying... maybe it reacted with something else on your card, Kelly??? What a frustration!

We have just had a right royal thunderstorm, and our poor old cat is hiding under our bed hard against the wall.

He went outside early last night, and although I called him to come in before the Guy Fawkes fireworks started, he didn't come, and I think he got awfully scared as we did not see him until mid-night, and now the thunder has really unsettled him.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:48 PM   #6668
Stazon Splitcoast

OH Maxine, thank you! I'm still confused with the whole ordeal! I actually added it directly to the card image, already colored, and it just sat wet for 2 days!

So exactly how do you use it? I applied it directly, to represent snow... like right on to the cardstock from the bottle (I am sure this is a reinker) Is that where I went wrong? LOL! Do you normally add it to a pad, stamp right on it, put this onto a stamp???? In this case, I had an image already printed and din't have access to the stamp .... I have no idea!!

I'm sorry about your storm Those animals just don't do well with the thunder, do they!

How is your DGS? I hope recovering well!

Quote:
Yes I have Opalite inks - they are interference inks and work fabulously on black cardstock, particularly on a glossy surface.

I cannot recall any issues with it drying... maybe it reacted with something else on your card, Kelly??? What a frustration!

We have just had a right royal thunderstorm, and our poor old cat is hiding under our bed hard against the wall.

He went outside early last night, and although I called him to come in before the Guy Fawkes fireworks started, he didn't come, and I think he got awfully scared as we did not see him until mid-night, and now the thunder has really unsettled him.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:12 PM   #6669
Pearl-ExPert

Sounds as though you are using a re-inker - I use the stamp pads, and can use them both direct to paper and for (conventional) stamping..

DGS is home, but having issues with the oral antibiotic - has vomited quite a bit with it, but last I heard had kept down some grated apple, and was sleeping. DIL had taken him to their doctor this morning and he changed the antibiotic, from what I understand. They are also still waiting on lab results from the hospital, so it is all a bit of a balancing act at the moment.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:31 PM   #6670
Die Cut Diva

I've never heard of that stuff Kelly. After 2 days and it hasn't dried yet - maybe it won't! Weird!

Maxine, stay safe in the thunderstorms - and keep the kitty safe too. Rambo isn't bothered at all with the thunder, etc.....Sleeps right though it right along with Jim. LOL!

Still sending prayers for your grandson. Hope they can get the meds straightened out now.

Off to bed - and they're saying we may get some thunderstorms tonight.......so need to disconnect the computer...............
Old 11-06-2013, 03:58 AM   #6671

Thank you Shelly, Kelly, Lynn... for the sweet comments about the simple little angel.

Oh, Kelly, that is such a priceless treasure, hand-made by your sweet daughter. Thank you for showing it to us!

Yikes about the product not drying. I'd be so frustrated!

Maxine, thank you for the update on your DGS... my thoughts are with all of you!

Lynn, I hope you stayed safe in the storm!

Ladies, I don't know if I've mentioned it here or not, but we're leaving on vacation early tomorrow morning. We'll be gone for over a week. I will miss you while we're gone, but am sure looking forward to some time away with my two guys.

Old 11-06-2013, 04:08 AM   #6672
Die Cut Diva

Have fun on vacation Jeanette!!!!!!!!!!!

Storms didn't come through after all around here.........maybe later...........
Old 11-06-2013, 04:13 AM   #6673

Thanks, Lynn... I will.

We had rain in the night, but no storm. I hope the storm misses you.

Old 11-06-2013, 04:21 AM   #6674
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Sounds as though you are using a re-inker - I use the stamp pads, and can use them both direct to paper and for (conventional) stamping..

DGS is home, but having issues with the oral antibiotic - has vomited quite a bit with it, but last I heard had kept down some grated apple, and was sleeping. DIL had taken him to their doctor this morning and he changed the antibiotic, from what I understand. They are also still waiting on lab results from the hospital, so it is all a bit of a balancing act at the moment.
Oh Maxine, I'm so sorry to hear that he is going through so much!! And so young. I just can't deal with sick babies ... It breaks my heart. Maybe it's an allergy to the antibiotic? Contined prayers!!!
Old 11-06-2013, 04:22 AM   #6675
Stazon Splitcoast

Have a wonderful and safe vacation Jeanette, wherever you are heading, may it be storm free!!!
Old 11-06-2013, 04:25 AM   #6676
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
I've never heard of that stuff Kelly. After 2 days and it hasn't dried yet - maybe it won't! Weird!

Maxine, stay safe in the thunderstorms - and keep the kitty safe too. Rambo isn't bothered at all with the thunder, etc.....Sleeps right though it right along with Jim. LOL!

Still sending prayers for your grandson. Hope they can get the meds straightened out now.

Off to bed - and they're saying we may get some thunderstorms tonight.......so need to disconnect the computer...............
It was the craziest thing ever !! Like straight up one of the worst craft snafoos I've ever had!! But a learning experience and a good reminder not to buy stuff that I don't know what it is LOL!!!

Good morning to all! I'm sitting at Starbucks waiting on my friend and checking in on the iPad and our weather is Delish!!!!! It's gotten breezy and windy and fabulous! We never get this kind of weather this early and my dd18 said since this summer THiS will be the year of Winter! (in Florida, imagine) ... Wishful thinking!!
Old 11-06-2013, 04:25 AM   #6677

Thank you, Kelly!

Old 11-06-2013, 04:40 AM   #6678
Pearl-ExPert

Good morning everyone!

Just wanted to share that we received 8+ inches of snow yesterday/last night in our corner of the state. Winter is here! I'll soon be in hibernation mode! Just kidding of course, but winter is our longest season here in Mn and my least favorite. But I cannot get DH to leave for the winter months, or part of them, much less move to a warmer climate - big sigh!

I'm envious of all of you who are enjoying much warmer temps and no snow!

I have 4 or 5 projects all in various stages of completion. I keep jumping from one project to another and then start something entirely new! What is wrong with me! Does anyone else do this?

Have a great day!

Old 11-06-2013, 05:21 AM   #6679

Yikes, Paige! I am so not ready for Winter! I'm sorry you've been blasted with snow already.

Old 11-06-2013, 06:03 AM   #6680
Quacker Stamper

Wow! I missed a lot of chatter yesterday. Busy day at the office with the boss in.

Last night I was supposed to go up to the church and work with my two guys on their Family History, but the one that does the driving of the other guy couldn't make it so I got to stay home. That was a good thing because I'm in charge of the Monthly Challenge Group this month and I hadn't gotten anything done yet. So last night I stamped off a bunch of images 11 sets of 5 different Christmas images and some sentiments. If I have the time tonight after packing everything for my Dallas trip this weekend, then I'll get the rest of the kits together with paper and ribbon and whatever other embellishments I can come up with out of my stash.

Looking forward to the Copics Workshop this weekend with Colleen and Cindy Lawrnce. Then on Sunday, I'll meet one of my GF's and her DH for brunch before heading home.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
luvcardmaking likes this post.