Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2013, 07:57 AM   #6601
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
No Maggie - I was remiss - I am guest designer for November - three posts in all - hence the comment the other day that I could not blog a card until the end of the month, that Kelly picked up on.

I have also just seen (on facebook) that I am a Guest blogger for Spellbinders - and I went weak at the knees - Argggghhhhh - shock, horror, excitement and brain working overtime already!!
What a fabulous opportunity - work with Spellbinders. What exactly do you do as a Guest Blogger rather than as a Designer?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-03-2013, 07:59 AM   #6602
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Oh WOW, WOW, WOW!!!! Maxine!!!!!!!!! This is awesome news! Spellbinders!! I'm so excited for you!!! What do you have to do now - is it the same as a guest designer? Fantastic!!!

Shelly - congrats to Stephi! That's great news too! Know y'all will have a good time watching her. The 10 hour drive doesn't sound like too much fun but I'm glad you're going. Take a few days and just make it a mini vacation!

Armadillos actually move VERY slow - except when they sense danger....and then they go fast! But yes, a dog can catch them pretty easy and they'll kill them usually. I like the little critters so hate to see any harm come to them. They just give Rambo fits when they get outside the fenced in area and he can't get to them. I'll try to get a picture of one next time they come through and post it. The coons we have too....but not so often.

I'm trying to stay up as long as I can with this time change business going on. I really don't like having to try to get my body used to all this! LOL! Rambo is even more confused than we are though about the whole thing!
It was great to have that extra time this morning. Yes, fur babies were up well before I was.

I've lived in TX since 1970 and still have yet to see a live armadillo outside of a zoo except as road kill.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-03-2013, 08:04 AM   #6603
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
Happy Saturday! We spent the evening last night at dinner with friends- celebrating a birthday. And, today cleaning for company tonight at our house. I am still dragging a little bit, so cancelled my ATC group- we were going to make punched ATC's and I spent alot of time finding ideas, bit no energy to create and cook and clean, so balanced and gave up the ATC's. Its all good.

I have taken a couple of breaks while picking up- too bad for the timing too- the cleaning ladies are coming next Wednesday : (

We have a new grocery store named Mariano's that just opened near us, so had to run check it out- there were some good deals, but it looks like a higher end store, so will watch the sales closely there. They have alot of cool 'different' areas and unique foods too. That will be fun- to change things up a bit.

My DD Stephi won the club running regional race she was in last weekend, and will be running in the Club Nationals in Hershey, Pa in 2 weeks, so we decided to drive out there and cheer her on. It is a 10 hr drive from here, but it will be a blast to go and cheer her on.

Paige- thanks for the monthly assignments- I will get on that when I have stamping time tomorrow or Monday...... Hope you are still getting lots of snuggling time!

Maxine- glad to hear you are taking it easy, and also good to see you are creating too!

Maggie- hope it all works out with the cat- and hope the Possoms stay away too! We used to have one that visited regularly, but have not seem it in a long while........We have tons of squirrels though!

Kelly- what a blessing - 2 unexpected hours in your busy day! I hope your little guy was not disappointed- who will eat all of the popcorn and M&M's now??? hehehe Mmmm your breakfast sounds yummy : ) My mouth is watering! I think a ride to the country and a visit to the farm sounds awesome! My hubby's family lives in a small town- one on the farm he grew up on- the kids used to LOVE going there! Oh the stories!

Lynn- sound fab to get the storage up and to be able to see your stamps- hope you do not fill them up and overfill them too quickly! Hehehehe Oh the thought of no laundry- disposable clothes is too funny! So, can a dog really catch an Armadillo?

Jeanette- glad Brock had fun giving out candy- I did too- I dressed up! What a wierdo- well, I figured it would be fun- and it is quick and easy- footy PJ's, a headband a little makeup...... Glad you are sleeping more.

Waving Hello to everyone! Darlene- hope you are able to get some peace and a bit of time to create too!

Shelly
Sounds like a nice friend-related weekend for you Shelly. Hope you enjoyed your company last night. Too bad you had to cancel your ATC group, but I can understand not wanting to get too much on your plate.

I'm still looking into cleaning ladies coming to my house. Maybe I'll be able to deal with it better after the first of the year. I do have another company on my radar to check into.

Congrats to Stephi on her running win. And how cool that she'll be going to Nationals. That will make a nice trip for you to go visit - Hershey - makes the very best CHOCOLATE!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-03-2013, 08:10 AM   #6604
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post

Maxine, we're so proud of you!! Wow, you are on a roll, girl! Awesome stuff - Spellbinders! How blessed you are! And they are lucky to have you

Lynn, yay for shelves!! Laundry Stamper is expanding!! Well, the ROOM, I mean! It will be so nice to have it all in the same place to organize and have at a hand's grab. Yikes on the Armadillos!! My dad went to San Antonio for TDY once and brought me back a stuffed Armadillo I was very young and couldn't figure out for the life of me what it was, lol. He just kept saying it was the state bird, LOL!!!

Maggie, ouchie on the hand!!! Poor baby must have been scared out of his wits to bite/scratch. I tell you, going to the vets is so hard on the fur babies, they just kNOW!
I hope it heals up soon, after all, that's probably your stamping hand *wink!*

Shel! CONGRATS to Stephi!! How amazing! Were you a runner, too? That will be awesome to take the 10 hr drive to see her and cheer her on - you're an awesome mom!!

We had a fun day yesterday AND I managed to get 2 cards done! One I absolutely am so disappointed with how it turned out, the other is completely adorable. Hard to believe I can spend nearly 3 hours ON ONE CARD! Today we plan to clean up the backyard with all it's overgrown trees and vines. Amazing how our neighbor's butterfly garden got so quickly out of control! She planted one of those creeper vines, or creeping vines? It's gorgeous, but now it's all on our side of the fence, took a sharp right and is now on the other wooden fence and pulling it down. I was whacking at it for about 40 mins this am and barely made a dent! Love gardening, being outdoors, trees and nature but I think this is one battle I"m losing, LOL!!

Love to all!
x0x0
Yes, he was very scared and I really hate doing that to them unless it's really necessary and decided that it wasn't really necessary at this time. If it ever gets to be, then I'll figure out a way to get him in that crate. For now I just want him to learn to love me and trust me. The hand is doing much better. I put some Rescue Cream on it with a bandaid last night and it looks much better today. Thanks. LOL! No it wasn't my stamping hand so that was not a problem. Besides I don't do a whole lot of stamping these days, just printing off images and coloring.

I can never finish a card in a flash. One reason I don't do the Virtual Stamp Nights on SCS. I can never think fast enough to get something done in 45 minutes.

Sorry about all the yard work that you have to do. I'll probably let mine go until the Spring. I have a lantana plant that has gone wild and really need to cut it back, but didn't want to do it while it was looking so awesome.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:26 AM   #6605
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Aw, Maxine - hopefully the Rescue Cream will do the trick! I know what you mean about having to earn that trust. Our Buddy is mad at me for a week after we leave the groomer or vet! He sulks and hides under chairs! Do you have a pair of kitty cat gloves?

Yard work is mostly finished, holy smokes, it was absolutely a mess! I even spotted a few little butterflies fluttering around, probably wondering what I was doing! Mind you, the butterfly garden is on her side of the fence, but they left their house for many months (something odd!) and then they came back, but the house looked abandoned. In that time, it overtook our yard!

Lynn, I have been searching around since yesterday for the wink of stella at the cheapest price. They have it at 7Kids .... where did you find yours? I have a shopping list of things I need to start restocking up on - I can't find like 3 colors of cardstock I swear I just had Plus for the holiday card ideas I've been looking it, I need a few other items - non stamp related My 'wish list' is growing!!
Old 11-03-2013, 10:40 AM   #6606
Die Cut Diva

Kelly, I found the Zig Wink of Stella pen at Simon Says Stamps. I only got the clear since they're SO expensive!!!!! I've heard that a place called Joggles has them and they're a tiny bit cheaper there. I haven't checked it out though. The gal that told me that said they have the brush tip and the nib tip. I would think the nib tip is like a a glitter pen and I already have a couple of those. The one I got has a brush end - sorta like a blending pen. I really do love that pen though - NICE!!! I felt like I really splurged on getting it but had heard so much about it and wanted to try. They have it in so many colors but like I said, I just got the clear one. There's a video over at Prairie Paper & Ink where she shows how to get the glitter moving in it and how to use. Pretty good video.

Maggie, hope your hand keeps getting better! Those things hurt!
mschoener and MiamiKel4 like this post.
Old 11-03-2013, 05:54 PM   #6607
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh thanks Lynn! Joggles is sold out, like 7 kids so I am ordering from SSS - along with a few other things that just FELL into my basket, hee hee!

I just googled them at Joanns and saw they have a 6 pack for $9 something on sale - 6 colors in total! Zig Memory Wink Of Stella Glitter Markers-6PK at Joann.com I'll check out your video tomorrow

My family is all huddled around the living room watching The Walking Dead and I was able to get a book review done - woot!
Old 11-03-2013, 05:59 PM   #6608
Stazon Splitcoast

I wish I could wait until Spring! But my dd16 wants to have a big birthday bonanza now after seeing the yard clean up - say what? Her bday is right before Christmas (she was actually due on Christmas day! Thank GOODNESS she was born early!) I told her she could. But it will have to be outside! And she is wildly popular - her 'party list' will grow and grow. She is so sociable and so well liked. Her older sister has just a handful of close knit friends and tends to keep to herself, letting very few people close to her and she's a bit closed off. Not this daughter! She's the social butterfly!! And another good thing is that her bday is 12/20 however the weather at that time of year is positively gorgeous! She is planning a Winter Wonderland party, ironic for Florida but it will be beautiful - lots of snowflakes, twinkling lights, even a snow machine if I can get my hands on one!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't crank out a card in 10 minutes! I always intend to. Then get all OCD on myself and change it up, not like it, start over, start over again! LOL!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Yes, he was very scared and I really hate doing that to them unless it's really necessary and decided that it wasn't really necessary at this time. If it ever gets to be, then I'll figure out a way to get him in that crate. For now I just want him to learn to love me and trust me. The hand is doing much better. I put some Rescue Cream on it with a bandaid last night and it looks much better today. Thanks. LOL! No it wasn't my stamping hand so that was not a problem. Besides I don't do a whole lot of stamping these days, just printing off images and coloring.

I can never finish a card in a flash. One reason I don't do the Virtual Stamp Nights on SCS. I can never think fast enough to get something done in 45 minutes.

Sorry about all the yard work that you have to do. I'll probably let mine go until the Spring. I have a lantana plant that has gone wild and really need to cut it back, but didn't want to do it while it was looking so awesome.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:10 PM   #6609
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Aw, Maxine - hopefully the Rescue Cream will do the trick! I know what you mean about having to earn that trust. Our Buddy is mad at me for a week after we leave the groomer or vet! He sulks and hides under chairs! Do you have a pair of kitty cat gloves?

Yard work is mostly finished, holy smokes, it was absolutely a mess! I even spotted a few little butterflies fluttering around, probably wondering what I was doing! Mind you, the butterfly garden is on her side of the fence, but they left their house for many months (something odd!) and then they came back, but the house looked abandoned. In that time, it overtook our yard!

Lynn, I have been searching around since yesterday for the wink of stella at the cheapest price. They have it at 7Kids .... where did you find yours? I have a shopping list of things I need to start restocking up on - I can't find like 3 colors of cardstock I swear I just had Plus for the holiday card ideas I've been looking it, I need a few other items - non stamp related My 'wish list' is growing!!
I think you got a couple letters wrong in that name It was me Maggie that mentioned the Rescue Cream. I usually use it instead of antibiotic cream that I'm allergic to. No kitty cat gloves or I probably wouldn't have these wounds on my hands. They'd have to be pretty thick.

Weird about the butterfly vine just taking over like that. Do you know where they went? Maybe they actually live up north somewhere and just come to Florida in the Winter.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-03-2013, 06:21 PM   #6610
Die Cut Diva

Kelly, are those that are on sale at JoAnne's the nib or brush!!!!!!!!! I can't image them being the brush kind since they're so expensive. I don't even know what one of the nib one looks like but keep thinking they'd be like a regular glitter marker.
Glad you got some things ordered. It's always fun to get packages in the mail.
That sounds like fun for your daughters birthday and being so close to Christmas! She can have a Christmas party and birthday combined.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:54 PM   #6611
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Girls - Thanks for your prayers for our grandson - he has a bone infection in his pelvic bones - thankfully he is responding well to treatment and it looks as though he may be home on Wednesday, all continuing well.

I have just been to Waikato for my final appointment with the surgeon and she is happy with my progress, and has discharged me. Another couple or three weeks before I get back to the gym, and the same for full lifting, but she is very pleased with the healing to date. Phew
mschoener likes this post.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:36 AM   #6612
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

hmmmmmmmmmmm.... was it Shelly who said she was glad I'm sleeping better? Well, scratch that comment. I've been awake since before 3:00 this morning; so crawled out of bed at 3:30. I'll be wanting a nap later.

Kelly, I did receive your gorgeous card! I thought I posted a comment, but now I'm thinking I must not have done so. I thought I also commented about it on your blog. I'm so sorry! I'm feeling horrible that I failed to let you know how much I love it. Oh....... and feeling bad, too, that your card is just going postal today. Yikes! Where did October go??? (It went with way too many conferences to teach - and prepare for - as well as my stint in prison.)

WOO HOO! Congratulations Maxine!!! You are going to rock those guest design spots.

Awww... Maggie, I'm sorry Casper was so frightened that he hurt you. Hugs!

Shelly, congrats to DD! Enjoy watching her run!

Lynn, I like that idea of disposable clothes! I say go for it...... you just might be a trend-setter!

Paige, I got my November name! Thanks for the PM! This is such fun!!! I promise NOT to be late this month.

Hugs for everyone!
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin Twisted Tuesday

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: The Forest in the Fall
Old 11-04-2013, 02:41 AM   #6613
Gabfest Goddess

Morning Addicted Friends!
I am WAAAAAY behind here, just reading back this page of posts & I have no clue what's going on...
something about Rescue Cream, Shelly's DD is running, Jeanette is back, Laundry Stamper got shelving (woo wee!) there's a glitter pen that I probably HAVE to get, Maxine's rec'd a CLEAN BILL OF HEALTH FROM HER SURGEON!!!!!, I am very late in sending out my October card, better start working this week on November's....

But this did just jump out at me and yell:

MAXINE IS ON SPELLBINDERS DT!!!!!!!!!

Impressive!!! And well-deserved!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 11-04-2013, 03:51 AM   #6614

Hi Darlene... Oh! OH!!! What glitter pen? Inquiring minds want to know. Did I miss a product alert?

Old 11-04-2013, 04:36 AM   #6615
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning, all!

Yes, Jeanette - you did! I posted that I am looking for a wink of stella - found and bought at Simon Says Stamp, along with a few other things that fell into my basket *smile!*

Doggies are wanting to be walked so I'll be back later to catch up!
Old 11-04-2013, 04:39 AM   #6616
Stazon Splitcoast

DOTW? Maybe a possible idea for this week's question .......... but I am curious!

Does anyone make holiday gifts? There are 51 days until Christmas, ya'll!! I"m starting my panic mode! I'm NOT ready!! Being room mom has taken so much out of me already this year and although I love it 110%, it's time consuming ..... therefore I'm not as crafty or ready shopping wise.

I usually try to make a few of the gifts I give away - be it a stack of cards for the teachers in a gift basket, handmade Christmas tags (to either give as a stack or around a bottle of wine) .... I made a frame last year! It turned out beautiful but was too time consuming and costly to make a bunch of them!

What is on your to-do list craft wise to give away this year?
Old 11-04-2013, 04:43 AM   #6617
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh!! My bad!! LOL!! I am so sorry, my friend! Wow, if I'm not calling you Margaret, I'm calling you Maxine! LOL!!!!!!!!! Geeeeesh!!!

I actually see the butterflies pretty much all year long, I think! They are always out there. They usally stay on that side of the fence and float over, then float back ... they are the yellow and brown ones I took a picture once, those lil ones won't stay still long - LOL!!! The owners, not sure - they left, then came back, then moved next door with their son, my other busy body neighbor who knows everything (wink!) says their house was in foreclosure. Now they are living there until they are thrown out, something like that ....... but I don't really know and just hope it works out, the butterflies can stay, the vine has to go!

How is the hand today??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
I think you got a couple letters wrong in that name It was me Maggie that mentioned the Rescue Cream. I usually use it instead of antibiotic cream that I'm allergic to. No kitty cat gloves or I probably wouldn't have these wounds on my hands. They'd have to be pretty thick.

Weird about the butterfly vine just taking over like that. Do you know where they went? Maybe they actually live up north somewhere and just come to Florida in the Winter.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:44 AM   #6618
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart

Oh Maxine, that is so very scary. That sounds so very scary on how you even get that, his parents must be beside themselves with worry. Thank God he is responding to tx, continued prayers and know he is thought of and prayed for!

YAY for good progress for you, too!! x0x0

Quote:
Hi Girls - Thanks for your prayers for our grandson - he has a bone infection in his pelvic bones - thankfully he is responding well to treatment and it looks as though he may be home on Wednesday, all continuing well.

I have just been to Waikato for my final appointment with the surgeon and she is happy with my progress, and has discharged me. Another couple or three weeks before I get back to the gym, and the same for full lifting, but she is very pleased with the healing to date. Phew
Old 11-04-2013, 04:48 AM   #6619
Stazon Splitcoast

That's a good question! I had to go back and look

It says for the entire marker set, $9.59! 8mm nibs but the entire glitter marker in a variety of colors at 40% off! Woot!

My daughter being so close to Cmas is a nightmare! Her two sisters are the week before. I had a lady ask me "how did you do that! All 3 girls in December, that's incredible!" I certainly didn't plan that, lol, and certainly not for December - holy smokes!! But we are looking forward to her winter wonderland, hence, another reason Cmas needs to be done EARLY!!!
Quote:
Kelly, are those that are on sale at JoAnne's the nib or brush!!!!!!!!! I can't image them being the brush kind since they're so expensive. I don't even know what one of the nib one looks like but keep thinking they'd be like a regular glitter marker.
Glad you got some things ordered. It's always fun to get packages in the mail.
That sounds like fun for your daughters birthday and being so close to Christmas! She can have a Christmas party and birthday combined.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:25 AM   #6620

thanks, Kelly... I've never heard of them. Will watch your blog to see you using them.

Old 11-04-2013, 06:47 AM   #6621
Die Cut Diva

Maxine, still sending prayers for your little grandson. Keep us updated and hope they're clearing this up! Good news about your doc visit! Continue to take care of yourself now!

Jeanette, yep - you probably need one of those pens too - notice I said NEED! LOL! They really do add a shine.

Kelly, I didn't realize all the girls had December birthdays! I take it you're super busy during that month for sure.

Kelly just provided the DISCUSSION OF THE WEEK!!!!!!!!!! Way to go!!!!!

.......hand made gifts for Christmas? I used to do that all the time but not so much anymore! I'm sure some of y'all have some fantastic ideas for that though. About the only handmade gift I do is maybe some jelly or something like that.

ANY IDEAS???????????
Old 11-04-2013, 06:53 AM   #6622

Oh Lynn... now you've made me want to google and see them.

Old 11-04-2013, 06:55 AM   #6623

I do make some gifts for Christmas. I used to make a calendar for my parents every year - but quit doing that two years ago. I miss it. It was like a scrapbook page for each month. Fun!

I also make a handmade gift (usually a Christmas ornament) for each church family. Mass production at its finest.

Sometimes I make a gift for my DD, too, but not always.

I used to make teacher gifts but then the kiddos all grew up and graduated. No more teachers to make gifts for.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:53 AM   #6624
Die Cut Diva

Jeanette, I think I already posted this, but here's a link to the pen I ordered: *ZIG Wink of Stella GLITTER CLEAR Brush Tip Marker 025320.

Also, Jeanette, what kind of Christmas ornament do you make for the families?
Old 11-04-2013, 10:09 AM   #6625
Forum Fanatic

Default Good Am

Morning! Cold has settled in my vocal cords- so trying not to talk- makes me cough- and trying not to loose my voice!

Maxine- how frightening- how does a child get an infected pelvis??? Wondering minds ask...! Glad he is responding to tx and will keep him in prayers! Congrats on all of the GDT spots- wahoo for you!!!

Ooops- sorry for speaking too soon about a good nights sleep Jeanette- not sure what I would do if I woke up at 3AM, I would most likely have to get up as all of the little noises would annoy me! Goodness- how many families do you make gifts for???

Darlene- hoping all is going well for you!

Lynn- I googled those markers- they look cool- I think I already have too much stuff.....that makes stuff shine.....! I will enjoy watching and see if I have to have them.....hahahaha

Sweet Stamps just started carrying Inka Gold Metallic Paint- so I spent some time watching You Tube video's and think I will buy a few to play...... They also added 3D stamp paint too....... Maybe I will have to suggest the glitter pens too......

Kelly- funny how stuff falls into a shopping cart, isn't it......hehehehe The sound of a big party- that would be my oldest- my youngest DD and son are both very shy! The did not like all of the hoopla...Chris would get it anyway as he is a twin, but Stephi- no thanks! I think it is fun to plan and see the kids all have a blast!

Maggie- I have never heard of that cream- does it heal open cuts quickly and keep them from becoming infected???

My 'cold' has settled in my vocal cords- so my voice is trying to decide should it stay or should it go..... I am going to stay on voice rest (hahaha for someone that talks alot......) it will be a challenge.

Think I will paint woodwork today....

Waving hello to everyone
Shelly
Old 11-04-2013, 10:32 AM   #6626
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Glad to hear that you and your grandson are both doing well. Hope he does get to go home on Wednesday. Take your time getting back into the exercise routine. I'd put off the heavy lifting for as long as you can.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-04-2013, 10:36 AM   #6627
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Good Morning, all!

Yes, Jeanette - you did! I posted that I am looking for a wink of stella - found and bought at Simon Says Stamp, along with a few other things that fell into my basket *smile!*

Doggies are wanting to be walked so I'll be back later to catch up!
I bought some glitter markers not too long ago. I have to go dig them up from wherever I stored them and see what kind they are. I think I wasn't too impressed with them. Which is probably why I don't know where I put them.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-04-2013, 10:39 AM   #6628
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
DOTW? Maybe a possible idea for this week's question .......... but I am curious!

Does anyone make holiday gifts? There are 51 days until Christmas, ya'll!! I"m starting my panic mode! I'm NOT ready!! Being room mom has taken so much out of me already this year and although I love it 110%, it's time consuming ..... therefore I'm not as crafty or ready shopping wise.

I usually try to make a few of the gifts I give away - be it a stack of cards for the teachers in a gift basket, handmade Christmas tags (to either give as a stack or around a bottle of wine) .... I made a frame last year! It turned out beautiful but was too time consuming and costly to make a bunch of them!

What is on your to-do list craft wise to give away this year?
I don't normally make gifts since I usually try to make all my Christmas cards and I think that's gift enough. This year though I really loved the Tim Holtz wall hanging that we made at ScrapFest and I bought a bunch of stuff to make one for each of my DD's and my DGD who is getting married. I just hope I can get them done in time.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-04-2013, 10:43 AM   #6629
Die Cut Diva

Maggie, once you get the wall hangings done, be SURE and post some pics! I know they're pretty already though.
Don't know what kind of glitter markers you have. I have some that are like a regular pen...you can even write with them and whatever. These that I'm talking about have a brush type marker almost like a Copic but flexible.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:13 AM   #6630
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Oh!! My bad!! LOL!! I am so sorry, my friend! Wow, if I'm not calling you Margaret, I'm calling you Maxine! LOL!!!!!!!!! Geeeeesh!!!

I actually see the butterflies pretty much all year long, I think! They are always out there. They usally stay on that side of the fence and float over, then float back ... they are the yellow and brown ones I took a picture once, those lil ones won't stay still long - LOL!!! The owners, not sure - they left, then came back, then moved next door with their son, my other busy body neighbor who knows everything (wink!) says their house was in foreclosure. Now they are living there until they are thrown out, something like that ....... but I don't really know and just hope it works out, the butterflies can stay, the vine has to go!

How is the hand today??
LOL! No problem. Call me anything, but late for dinner!

Weird about the neighbors. I don't think I'd like to be in a place where they could come throw me out at a moment's notice. Scary.

Hand is doing much better today. Thanks for asking.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-04-2013, 11:15 AM   #6631
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Maxine, still sending prayers for your little grandson. Keep us updated and hope they're clearing this up! Good news about your doc visit! Continue to take care of yourself now!

Jeanette, yep - you probably need one of those pens too - notice I said NEED! LOL! They really do add a shine.

Kelly, I didn't realize all the girls had December birthdays! I take it you're super busy during that month for sure.

Kelly just provided the DISCUSSION OF THE WEEK!!!!!!!!!! Way to go!!!!!

.......hand made gifts for Christmas? I used to do that all the time but not so much anymore! I'm sure some of y'all have some fantastic ideas for that though. About the only handmade gift I do is maybe some jelly or something like that.

ANY IDEAS???????????
I did do Gifts in a Jar one year. Those are so cool, and if I had time and was going to be at home, I would do some more of those.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-04-2013, 11:47 AM   #6632
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
Morning! Cold has settled in my vocal cords- so trying not to talk- makes me cough- and trying not to loose my voice!

Maxine- how frightening- how does a child get an infected pelvis??? Wondering minds ask...! Glad he is responding to tx and will keep him in prayers! Congrats on all of the GDT spots- wahoo for you!!!

Ooops- sorry for speaking too soon about a good nights sleep Jeanette- not sure what I would do if I woke up at 3AM, I would most likely have to get up as all of the little noises would annoy me! Goodness- how many families do you make gifts for???

Darlene- hoping all is going well for you!

Lynn- I googled those markers- they look cool- I think I already have too much stuff.....that makes stuff shine.....! I will enjoy watching and see if I have to have them.....hahahaha

Sweet Stamps just started carrying Inka Gold Metallic Paint- so I spent some time watching You Tube video's and think I will buy a few to play...... They also added 3D stamp paint too....... Maybe I will have to suggest the glitter pens too......

Kelly- funny how stuff falls into a shopping cart, isn't it......hehehehe The sound of a big party- that would be my oldest- my youngest DD and son are both very shy! The did not like all of the hoopla...Chris would get it anyway as he is a twin, but Stephi- no thanks! I think it is fun to plan and see the kids all have a blast!

Maggie- I have never heard of that cream- does it heal open cuts quickly and keep them from becoming infected???

My 'cold' has settled in my vocal cords- so my voice is trying to decide should it stay or should it go..... I am going to stay on voice rest (hahaha for someone that talks alot......) it will be a challenge.

Think I will paint woodwork today....

Waving hello to everyone
Shelly
Sorry about the cold Shelly! Hope you get over it soon. What are you doing for it?

Yes, the Rescue Cream is very good for that. It's a Bach remedy that I buy at Whole Foods, but I think other grocery stores are starting to carry it. There's also a gel and a liquid form. They also have gum and gummy patties. They are good for relieving stress. Usually if I have an injury, I can put the creme on it and by the next day it is almost healed up.

Don't be breathing in all those paint fumes. Not good for your lungs especially with that cold.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-04-2013, 11:49 AM   #6633
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Maggie, once you get the wall hangings done, be SURE and post some pics! I know they're pretty already though.
Don't know what kind of glitter markers you have. I have some that are like a regular pen...you can even write with them and whatever. These that I'm talking about have a brush type marker almost like a Copic but flexible.
The glitter markers I have are like that too - with a brush tip. I can't remember what brand they are though. I'll have to look when I get home.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-04-2013, 11:53 AM   #6634
Gabfest Goddess

Hi again! Popping in back here toward the end of the work day. The boss is letting me slack off a bit today

I will definitely check out those glitter pens...

Maxine: sorry that I missed mentioning my concern for your GS - how scary! Already said a prayer for him, his parents and his doctors/nurses. Poor little guy.

I made a few gifts in a jar last year - thanks to those of you here who gave me ideas!! The kids really liked them, plus they got to keep the storage container/jar which was pretty neat. I picked them up fairly inexpensively at a discount home store locally.

One had a peppermint hot chocolate ingredients/recipe, another a family favorite bean soup mix that I make (but they had to buy the fresh ingredients), another had homemade Chex mix in it.

The last few years, now that the kids are grown and out of the house (finally, LOL) I have tried to make them some of their favorite foods. I do a small lasagna, meatloaf, chicken enchiladas, etc. and freeze them. Depending on how much time I have, sometimes they get a plate of assorted baked goodies too.

Lately, I get a cheap basket or sturdy box covered with festive paper, and fill it with items for New Year's Eve: small bottle of bubbly, snacks, cheese, crackers, a few frozen shrimp & cocktail sauce, a small beef sausage stick, etc. I was worried that they would think it was lame, but turns out, it's one of their favorite gifts! Who knew?

Not sure if this helps you any, Kelly. Probably not what you are looking for if you want ideas for school or teacher gifts.

Old 11-04-2013, 12:00 PM   #6635

Lynn, my DH and I have been married for 30 years and all but the first year and one year when he didn't have a church, I've made a gift for each church family. The most I've ever made in one year was 275. My rule is that they can't cost more than 25 cents each to make. Other than 2-3 of the early years, it is always a Christmas ornament - usually some kind of angel, though I have done snowmen a couple of times.

Okay, you made me look at the glitter brush marker. Shame on you!

Shelly, when I toss and turn for 30 minutes without sleep; I get up.

Maggie, I'm sorry you didn't like your markers. That is always disappointing after spending $$$ on them.

Old 11-04-2013, 12:01 PM   #6636
Gabfest Goddess

Oh - I forgot that I've also made stamped coasters from tumbled Italian marble tiles. Easy to do and they look so great!

Have also made magnetic refrigerator memo pads and decorated candles from my stamping supplies and given these as gifts.

Decades ago I used to sew a lot of gifts - PJs, robes, wallets, aprons...

I think our son is getting 2 new tires for Christmas. And birthday. And any other holiday that I can think of. Sheesh, they are expensive! (He needs 1 this week, but you know how it goes, another one won't be far behind.)

Old 11-04-2013, 12:01 PM   #6637

Darlene, I forgot to refresh my page, so I missed seeing your post until now.

YUM! Your handmade gifts sound delicious!

luvcardmaking likes this post.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:04 PM   #6638
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post
Lynn, my DH and I have been married for 30 years and all but the first year and one year when he didn't have a church, I've made a gift for each church family. The most I've ever made in one year was 275. My rule is that they can't cost more than 25 cents each to make. Other than 2-3 of the early years, it is always a Christmas ornament - usually some kind of angel, though I have done snowmen a couple of times.

Okay, you made me look at the glitter brush marker. Shame on you!

Shelly, when I toss and turn for 30 minutes without sleep; I get up .

Maggie, I'm sorry you didn't like your markers. That is always disappointing after spending $$$ on them.
Wow, that's a LOT of gifts to make!

Same here - did you see that it also comes in silver or gold? Why did I look...

Ditto

Old 11-04-2013, 12:05 PM   #6639
Gabfest Goddess

Jeanette:
I think we were typing at the same time.

Old 11-04-2013, 12:06 PM   #6640
Gabfest Goddess

Did I tell you guys that I leased a new car last week? Yep! I figure a lease makes sense now that I work from home most of the time.

It's a 2014 Chevy Equinox. I'll try & find a pic online & post it....