Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2013, 02:04 PM   #6561
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Oh you are so lucky, my friend! I thought about that today, if it gets to the point where I can't drive, what do I do ...... my dr joked "get rid of the kids!" LOL!! Thanks!

I got pulled over (spot check!! I was good!) and the first thing he said when he saw my license was "are you wearing contacts?!" My license says CL on it. I wish we didn't have these problems, but at least we are blessed with drs who know how to fix us, right!

I have a crazy question!!!!! My mom used to say that if we cracked our knuckles we'd have hand pain/arthritis when we are older, now I catch myself saying that to my kids - hee hee! Anyone know if there is any truth to that, or is it an old wives tale???

says the mom who just told her son NOT to do that ........
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Yikes on the eye difficulties Kelly. That is so not good, but I can understand. My eyes have gotten so bad and there was a time that I didn't need glasses at all. So far I have still been able to pass my driver's test without wearing them, so it's not on my license that I need "corrective lenses." I was having such difficulty getting my glasses fitted properly the last time I went in which was around May or June I think. Sent them back 3 times and they still were not right. The doctor says it's because I've got the start of cataracts which interferes with the prescription. After I got the 4th pair back and I still couldn't see properly out of them, I just gave up even though I spent $$$$$$$$$ on them. Now, I'm just wearing my readers for my computer work and I have a pair of distance ones for my driving. I can drive without them, but if I'm going somewhere that I need to read street signs I need them.

LOL! Threw me there for a minute about the collectible cars until I realized what you were saying. LOL!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-30-2013, 02:23 PM   #6562
Pearl-ExPert

Maxine and Kelly - so sorry about the eyes, etc......VERY frustrating I know!!! I do love what the doctor told you though! LOL! At least he has a sense of humor. You should have told him you'd give them to HIM! LOL!

The knuckles............You're so funny! Yes, my parents told me the same thing and I told my kids too! Have no earthly idea if it's true! Maybe nurse Shelly can answer that one!!!!!

Ok, more techno stuff! I want to add my e-mail to my blog..........If I try to go under "about me" and just add it to what I've written - or even change what I've written and add it.......it doesn't come up with anything (that I can see) that will let me edit it........yet it says I can edit it................. Any ideas!
Old 10-30-2013, 06:50 PM   #6563
Pearl-ExPert

Yes Kelly - I will join for the M&M's, but you can keep the popcorn for the kids... .

Have just been to the eye clinic at the main (Waikato) hospital an hours drive away - DH has come out with a 'stable' report, and another visit scheduled for early Dec... then on Monday afternoon I go up again for my post operative check. Keeps me out of mischief, if not off the streets .
mschoener and MiamiKel4 like this post.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:53 PM   #6564
Pearl-ExPert

I'll go for the popcorn AND M&M's!

Good news on the stable report Maxine! Good luck Monday too. Know all will be fine.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:57 PM   #6565
Pearl-ExPert

Oops, missed that there was another page started - Kelly I love Dr's that say that kind of thing - and I generally have a quick retort back... I am not intimidated by them.

It's Halloween here and we are 'hiding' from the trick and treaters - have the gates and windows shut. We don't agree with it, and although in past years we have given out candy with a colourful tract attached and prayed for the kids at the door. We have had enough of kids we never see knocking on the door with huge hauls of sweets etc, and it is the only time of year we see them! It's not as though they even live in the neighbourhood, or that they even use their manners, most just grab and run.
mschoener likes this post.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:09 PM   #6566
Pearl-ExPert

On the Trick or Treat business and Halloween, I know EXACTLY what you're talking about Maxine! We used to give out candy when we lived in town. They would actually pull up in pickups with the entire back end loaded with kids - anywhere from ages 3 months (parents all decked out holding out pumpkins to fill and holding the baby in a carrier) to 16 and 17 year old kids that were twice as big as me!!!!!!! I think that's what ruined Halloween for me! We don't get any out this far in the country of course. Much cheaper too - I bet I used to spend $20 to $30 on candy every year - at least!!! BUCKETS of the stuff!
I don't mean to sound mean or like a Scrooge here but that's just how I am I'm afraid! I do love to see all the fun costumes though that the little kids wear.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:57 PM   #6567
Forum Fanatic

Good evening ladies : )

I am under the impression cracking your knuckles does not cause arthritis- it can stretch out the joints and make them unstable supposedly from the stretching if people crack knuckles alot- and there are arguments about whether or not it makes your grip weaker or not.....

Kelly- run, run, run!!! I have to admit- when I was in the thick of menopause, my eye prescription kept changing- I think the eye doc thought I was crazy- I was wearing trifocals at the time too- maybe for 1-1 1/2 yrs and then it stopped..... I was on a med called Lyrica prior to that though, and it made me have visual issues, so I had to stop it. And, Mmmmmm popcorn and M&M's yum!

Jeanette- hope your sleep improves : (

Feeling a bit better today- whew- I am not sure if that was allergies and fibro, or if I had a virus...... I was totally useless yesterday! Made it through the work day and looking to my 7 days off. I have so much to catch up on!

I love Halloween- I love seeing the kids in their costumes. I wonder if kids text or twitter if there are good treats at certain houses....that would be too much!

Darlene- I know what you are saying- some days it takes forever to make a card and the harder I try...hmmm but hey- the creative time is healing to my soul anyway! Enjoy your new ride!

Lynn- hehehe- glad you figured that out- I am so bad with technical stuff- trying to figure it out is a pain! Looks like you got it on your signature though- I like that idea too. I put my e-mail on my blog, but to slow down hackers, I write address at Comcast.net......

Maxine- glad the eye appt went well! Are you feeling any better? When do you get to drive again?

Maggie- now i know where to go for help if I cannot figure out the links : )

Be back and chat tomorrow! Yeah- no work!

Shelly
Old 10-31-2013, 02:54 AM   #6568
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Thanks Shelly... I did sleep in this morning! Until 4:30.... hey! It's getting better anyway.

The knuckles... I read something years ago that said it doesn't cause arthritis... though I do think it's interesting that it could be making one's grip weaker.

Maxine, it must be tiring with all the medical visits. Take care!

At our house, Brock LOVES to give out candy to the trick or treaters! It is costly (I think I spent $30 or more on candy this year), but it brings our Brock so much enjoyment.

Okay, brain just quit on me. I hate when that happens. Sooooooooooo I'll just wave at all the rest of you!

Hugs!!!
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin Twisted Tuesday

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: Camping in the Forest
Old 10-31-2013, 06:54 AM   #6569
Pearl-ExPert

Morning everyone!

Shelly, so glad you're feeling better now. Have some fun on your time off from work.

Jeanette, that's great about Brock loving to give out the candy. That money you spend for candy is well worth it just to see how much fun he has.

Sorry I ranted and raved about Halloween last night on here..........that's just me on the subject. Don't kick me out just yet!!!

Hope everyone has a good day.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:57 AM   #6570

You're right, Lynn... I love seeing Brock's enjoyment! It really takes so very little to make him happy.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:26 AM   #6571
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
Oh you are so lucky, my friend! I thought about that today, if it gets to the point where I can't drive, what do I do ...... my dr joked "get rid of the kids!" LOL!! Thanks!

I got pulled over (spot check!! I was good!) and the first thing he said when he saw my license was "are you wearing contacts?!" My license says CL on it. I wish we didn't have these problems, but at least we are blessed with drs who know how to fix us, right!

I have a crazy question!!!!! My mom used to say that if we cracked our knuckles we'd have hand pain/arthritis when we are older, now I catch myself saying that to my kids - hee hee! Anyone know if there is any truth to that, or is it an old wives tale???

says the mom who just told her son NOT to do that ........
Lucky that I'm not obliged to wear glasses when I drive, although it does me a lot of good when I do wear them.

Of course I had to check out this arthritis question. Actually, this research goes along with me personally. I wasn't a knuckle cracker when I was young. Didn't like the sound of it. And, I do have arthritis in my hands. So here's what I found out.

Last year, a team of Defense Department-funded researchers took a look at patients who'd had hand X-rays within the past five years. Those whose scans confirmed the presence of arthritis got sorted into one group, and those without arthritis got put in another. When each group was asked about knuckle-cracking habits, it actually turned out that those who didn't crack their knuckles had slightly greater rates of arthritis (18.1 percent versus 21.5 percent). Other interesting results: women were found to crack their knuckles less often than men. And the most commonly cracked joints? The proximal IP joint (the knuckle in the middle of your finger that lets you bend it in half), followed by the MCP joint (the knuckle that connects your finger to your palm). The researchers concluded that having a history of knuckle-cracking had no correlation with osteoarthritis -- even after accounting for people's cumulative exposure to the habit.

So guess you really can't tell that to your children with all honesty.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 10-31-2013, 08:27 AM   #6572
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Maxine and Kelly - so sorry about the eyes, etc......VERY frustrating I know!!! I do love what the doctor told you though! LOL! At least he has a sense of humor. You should have told him you'd give them to HIM! LOL!

The knuckles............You're so funny! Yes, my parents told me the same thing and I told my kids too! Have no earthly idea if it's true! Maybe nurse Shelly can answer that one!!!!!

Ok, more techno stuff! I want to add my e-mail to my blog..........If I try to go under "about me" and just add it to what I've written - or even change what I've written and add it.......it doesn't come up with anything (that I can see) that will let me edit it........yet it says I can edit it................. Any ideas!
Can't you just add an e-mail link using a Widget??
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-31-2013, 08:30 AM   #6573
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
On the Trick or Treat business and Halloween, I know EXACTLY what you're talking about Maxine! We used to give out candy when we lived in town. They would actually pull up in pickups with the entire back end loaded with kids - anywhere from ages 3 months (parents all decked out holding out pumpkins to fill and holding the baby in a carrier) to 16 and 17 year old kids that were twice as big as me!!!!!!! I think that's what ruined Halloween for me! We don't get any out this far in the country of course. Much cheaper too - I bet I used to spend $20 to $30 on candy every year - at least!!! BUCKETS of the stuff!
I don't mean to sound mean or like a Scrooge here but that's just how I am I'm afraid! I do love to see all the fun costumes though that the little kids wear.
I used to love Halloween and did all the time I was growing up, but things were so different back then than they are now. I haven't gotten kids at my house for about 4 years now, so I've quit buying any candy to hand out. One year I did Trunk or Treat at our church's Fall Festival, but with no kids at home, I just decided not to do that anymore. Yes, I used to like to see the "little" kids all dressed up, but you couldn't not give candy to the older ones when they came around too. So glad that they go elsewhere these days.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-31-2013, 08:34 AM   #6574
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
Good evening ladies : )

I am under the impression cracking your knuckles does not cause arthritis- it can stretch out the joints and make them unstable supposedly from the stretching if people crack knuckles alot- and there are arguments about whether or not it makes your grip weaker or not.....

Kelly- run, run, run!!! I have to admit- when I was in the thick of menopause, my eye prescription kept changing- I think the eye doc thought I was crazy- I was wearing trifocals at the time too- maybe for 1-1 1/2 yrs and then it stopped..... I was on a med called Lyrica prior to that though, and it made me have visual issues, so I had to stop it. And, Mmmmmm popcorn and M&M's yum!

Jeanette- hope your sleep improves : (

Feeling a bit better today- whew- I am not sure if that was allergies and fibro, or if I had a virus...... I was totally useless yesterday! Made it through the work day and looking to my 7 days off. I have so much to catch up on!

I love Halloween- I love seeing the kids in their costumes. I wonder if kids text or twitter if there are good treats at certain houses....that would be too much!

Darlene- I know what you are saying- some days it takes forever to make a card and the harder I try...hmmm but hey- the creative time is healing to my soul anyway! Enjoy your new ride!

Lynn- hehehe- glad you figured that out- I am so bad with technical stuff- trying to figure it out is a pain! Looks like you got it on your signature though- I like that idea too. I put my e-mail on my blog, but to slow down hackers, I write address at Comcast.net......

Maxine- glad the eye appt went well! Are you feeling any better? When do you get to drive again?

Maggie- now i know where to go for help if I cannot figure out the links : )

Be back and chat tomorrow! Yeah- no work!

Shelly
Glad that you are feeling better. If you're not taking Lyrica anymore, what do you do for the Fibro? Is there something else that helps it? Nice to have a week off to look forward to. I'd love to have time off like that where I didn't have to do anything, could just stay at home and catch up, but that doesn't seem to happen. There's always something I need to use the time for. Retirement - where are you?????????

LOL! I only know stuff that I've had to figure out on my own before. I'm totally incompetent when it comes to electronics.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-31-2013, 08:38 AM   #6575
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post
Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Thanks Shelly... I did sleep in this morning! Until 4:30.... hey! It's getting better anyway.

The knuckles... I read something years ago that said it doesn't cause arthritis... though I do think it's interesting that it could be making one's grip weaker.

Maxine, it must be tiring with all the medical visits. Take care!

At our house, Brock LOVES to give out candy to the trick or treaters! It is costly (I think I spent $30 or more on candy this year), but it brings our Brock so much enjoyment.

Okay, brain just quit on me. I hate when that happens. Sooooooooooo I'll just wave at all the rest of you!

Hugs!!!
I'm sure Brock does have a fun time handing out the candy and seeing all the little kiddos dressed up.

One of my GF's was wanting to go to a Haunted House this year, but I wasn't available. I was over a lady's house from church last night and her DD is working at one. It's actually 5 different houses all decked out and a real woods with scrary people roaming around the woods. She said it costs $15 for each one house or $50 for the total package. I certainly wouldn't spend that much $$$ to get the bejeebies scared out of me.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-31-2013, 10:53 AM   #6576

Yikes! I wouldn't pay for that either, Maggie!

Old 10-31-2013, 10:56 AM   #6577
Pearl-ExPert

Morning everyone

It's only the end of spring and today I am thankful we had some rain overnight - do hope we don't have another drought...

Jeanette - that is great that Brock gets such pleasure from handing out candy - that must bless you too, to see that.

Shelly I am glad to hear you are on the mend.

I have been allowed to drive since 10 days after surgery, but I left it until after 2 weeks, and did not do a long trip until after three weeks. I have to do the driving as Kelson cannot now, his eyes are too bad.

Maggie you are one busy busy lady - no wonder you want a week off to do nothing!

Lynn you are allowed two rants a year - you still have one to go

Our town has started having 'light parties' which are 'anything but halloween' fun times for children, with a bouncy castle, barbeques, games, prizes etc., so there were very few in the street last night, and none came to us - closed gates are generally enough to put them off, thankfully.

Better go and start the day - DH is getting hungry!
Old 10-31-2013, 12:49 PM   #6578
Stazon Splitcoast

OMG Maggie, you're awesome!! I can't even know what I read online is true or not, lol - every time I used to look up a symptom of something, I would say I was dying of something!

I'm not a knuckle cracker, never have been but my girls are - and I realllly dislike it! But they just keep on it. 2 play piano so hopefully they won't have an issue with it later

Halloween - Happy Halloween, all! Been a LONG but super fun day here! We all go out as a family so my son can trick or treat - this year the girls didn't want to go but we try to do everything as a family so they'll tag along with the puppies. We pass out lots of candy as long as we are home. For the past 5 years, I put candy out in a bowl and they have not only stolen the bowl/but they destroyed the last one by throwing it in the road and letting it get run over. I mean, really?! My dh forbids me to put it out but I feel bad, and every year get smacked in the face with disrespect - lose/lose, I guess!
I have 7 bags of candy ready to go, but we barely have T or Ters anymore - whatever isn't going away, will go to the schools tomorrow and my hubby's office!!

Quote:
Lucky that I'm not obliged to wear glasses when I drive, although it does me a lot of good when I do w 7 ear them.

Of course I had to check out this arthritis question. Actually, this research goes along with me personally. I wasn't a knuckle cracker when I was young. Didn't like the sound of it. And, I do have arthritis in my hands. So here's what I found out.

Last year, a team of Defense Department-funded researchers took a look at patients who'd had hand X-rays within the past five years. Those whose scans confirmed the presence of arthritis got sorted into one group, and those without arthritis got put in another. When each group was asked about knuckle-cracking habits, it actually turned out that those who didn't crack their knuckles had slightly greater rates of arthritis (18.1 percent versus 21.5 percent). Other interesting results: women were found to crack their knuckles less often than men. And the most commonly cracked joints? The proximal IP joint (the knuckle in the middle of your finger that lets you bend it in half), followed by the MCP joint (the knuckle that connects your finger to your palm). The researchers concluded that having a history of knuckle-cracking had no correlation with osteoarthritis -- even after accounting for people's cumulative exposure to the habit.

So guess you really can't tell that to your children with all honesty.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:51 PM   #6579
Stazon Splitcoast

My turn for blog issues!!!!! I think I might have asked before, but does anyone know why my photo does not update on other people's blogs? Like I had a post this morning. I went to a few blogs while out today (on my ipad) - like Maggies, and it shows an old post. So I did this on every blog that has pictures, and it's the same thing - the old post. The card on there now, with my current blog post, is not showing. I went to the stats counter and see that over 40 people saw my blog post today ....... I don't understand how to fix that? Anyone????????????????
Old 10-31-2013, 02:40 PM   #6580
Pearl-ExPert

No earthly idea Kelly! I don't have the posts pictures on my blog and just use the dashboard to scroll though and comment, etc. IF I'm even following what you're asking! I got your post on my dashboard but it didn't show up until about an hour ago. What time did you post it today?

Maggie, yep I can just add a widget I guess. I got to looking around on it last night trying to figure out how to add it to the "About Me" and clicked on my "profile"........you can go to my e-mail that way so I'll probably just not add anything on the front of the blog. The reason I was asking is because I had a lady yesterday send me a PM to tell me where she gets her dies, etc.....and she said she couldn't find my e-mail address on the blog. BUT, she found me on SCS! Weird!

I got one card completed for a DT requirement for November this afternoon and even got a picture of it - in about a 30 mile an hour wind! Still don't know why it didn't go sailing out of the yard.

Kelly, hope your family has a great Halloween tonight and a lot of fun! Maxine, that's a neat idea about the light parties! Fun! Some of the towns around here have what they call Halloween Carnivals - which is basically the same thing. But they never have them on Halloween - usually it's the week before.

Gotta go get something to eat started around here..........
Old 11-01-2013, 04:49 AM   #6581
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning and TGIF!!

Blogs Schmogs, LOL! I have given up hope that I will ever figure out anything techno! If I were a young teen in the market today, I think I'd be in trouble since it's the wave of the future! Give me paper and pencils anyday - and a few crayons, hee hee!

LUCKY ME!!!!!!!!! My son's class activity was cancelled today due to a scheduling conflict with the school's activity, so I get 2 hours at home I wasn't expecting! WOOT!
Now I can recover from last night, lol! What a night - 2 hours out walking, it was hot outside, too. Got the coffee pot brewing, getting ready to walk the doggies, and then sit for a few minutes before taking dd18 to college - last day of that as her car is finally ready

Any fun weekend plans???? We have belt testing ceremony tonight, dd16 has a day after H'ween party, and then all the local craft fairs start tomorrow at the churches so my friend and I are doing a scavenger hunt through them all to see and browse! Fun!!!

Hugs!!
Old 11-01-2013, 05:58 AM   #6582
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Good Morning and TGIF!!

Blogs Schmogs, LOL! I have given up hope that I will ever figure out anything techno! If I were a young teen in the market today, I think I'd be in trouble since it's the wave of the future! Give me paper and pencils anyday - and a few crayons, hee hee!

LUCKY ME!!!!!!!!! My son's class activity was cancelled today due to a scheduling conflict with the school's activity, so I get 2 hours at home I wasn't expecting! WOOT!
Now I can recover from last night, lol! What a night - 2 hours out walking, it was hot outside, too. Got the coffee pot brewing, getting ready to walk the doggies, and then sit for a few minutes before taking dd18 to college - last day of that as her car is finally ready

Any fun weekend plans???? We have belt testing ceremony tonight, dd16 has a day after H'ween party, and then all the local craft fairs start tomorrow at the churches so my friend and I are doing a scavenger hunt through them all to see and browse! Fun!!!

Hugs!!
Lucky you to get some time to yourself today if only a brief moment. Glad that DD18's car is finally ready.

Weekend plans???? Take Casper to the vet; Attend Family History Seminar. Sunday - Dinner at DD's house. All the usual stuff on a Saturday - laundry, clean house, grocery store. Then hope to work in my stamp room doing a little organizing. Maybe work on some Christmas cards.

Local craft fairs sound like fun. I'm sure you'l find a goodie or two that you just have to have!

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:01 AM   #6583
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
Morning everyone

It's only the end of spring and today I am thankful we had some rain overnight - do hope we don't have another drought...

Jeanette - that is great that Brock gets such pleasure from handing out candy - that must bless you too, to see that.

Shelly I am glad to hear you are on the mend.

I have been allowed to drive since 10 days after surgery, but I left it until after 2 weeks, and did not do a long trip until after three weeks. I have to do the driving as Kelson cannot now, his eyes are too bad.

Maggie you are one busy busy lady - no wonder you want a week off to do nothing!

Lynn you are allowed two rants a year - you still have one to go

Our town has started having 'light parties' which are 'anything but halloween' fun times for children, with a bouncy castle, barbeques, games, prizes etc., so there were very few in the street last night, and none came to us - closed gates are generally enough to put them off, thankfully.

Better go and start the day - DH is getting hungry!
It's still so strange to hear you talk about your weather there which is completely opposite from ours here. We are getting to the end of Fall and Winter is just around the corner. Not looking forward to the cold weather.

I love your "light parties." What a great idea. I think it would be kind of strange to have Halloween when the weather is nice and Spring like. Needs to be cold and dreary.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-01-2013, 06:04 AM   #6584
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
My turn for blog issues!!!!! I think I might have asked before, but does anyone know why my photo does not update on other people's blogs? Like I had a post this morning. I went to a few blogs while out today (on my ipad) - like Maggies, and it shows an old post. So I did this on every blog that has pictures, and it's the same thing - the old post. The card on there now, with my current blog post, is not showing. I went to the stats counter and see that over 40 people saw my blog post today ....... I don't understand how to fix that? Anyone????????????????
I just went to my blog and looked for your blog post and it has the current one on there. Not sure why you weren't seeing it.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-01-2013, 08:17 AM   #6585
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I just went to my blog and looked for your blog post and it has the current one on there. Not sure why you weren't seeing it.
RIght, it's there ....... LOL! I noticed it takes almost a full day to 'reload' - 19 hours later, it was still showing the old post on my other friend's blog .... I was just curious, but movin' on! I will never know I just refresh my blog and keep on going! I don't have a clue what I'm doing anyway - just hit post and blog
Old 11-01-2013, 08:19 AM   #6586
Stazon Splitcoast

Or 3 or 4!! I'm actually hoping to just look around and not buy it all this year! I can't resist craft fairs. Took dd to school, came back to drop off library books and found a new Nov Magazine at the door - FILLED with where all the craft fairs and bazaars are - oh me oh my!

Have fun working on your Christmas cards! I hope to finish 2 very due swaps!
Quote:
Lucky you to get some time to yourself today if only a brief moment. Glad that DD18's car is finally ready.

Weekend plans???? Take Casper to the vet; Attend Family History Seminar. Sunday - Dinner at DD's house. All the usual stuff on a Saturday - laundry, clean house, grocery store. Then hope to work in my stamp room doing a little organizing. Maybe work on some Christmas cards.

Local craft fairs sound like fun. I'm sure you'l find a goodie or two that you just have to have!

Old 11-01-2013, 10:43 AM   #6587
Pearl-ExPert

Well it is Saturday morning here and I have no specific plans for the day......... maybe some gardening, maybe some crafting......

Have fun at the fairs Kelly - that sounds awesome - but not necessarily good for the pocket snake - it may be writhing by the end of the day

Maggie I can understand the housework etc for the weekend - it used to be like that for me when I was working too . Hope Caper behaves at the vets.

Shelly I guess you are about to start your 7 days off - enjoy and make time for crafting
Old 11-01-2013, 12:15 PM   #6588
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Saturday, Maxine!
Old 11-01-2013, 12:18 PM   #6589
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks Kelly - may what s left of your Friday be peaceful
Old 11-01-2013, 03:56 PM   #6590
Pearl-ExPert

Kelly, glad you got some time to yourself today. Sounds great and the craft fair sound fan-tabu-lous!!! Such fun!

Maggie, sounds like you have the weekend planned! Maybe you can get some time too..

And.......

Maxine....it's so nice of thinking it's spring there. I think I could probably do spring all year long!!

I had about 100 chores this morning and got all that out of the way - plus had to chase two armadillos away from the yard so Rambo wouldn't go into a panic and try to catch them. This afternoon Jim FINALLY finished my shelves and I've started loading them with the wood mount stamps. Still have a ton that I need to un-mount and get them in cases.

Thanks again to Paige for sending the card list for November! I keep forgetting we're already in November......still don't know what happened to October.

No plans for the weekend here.......except maybe a little more organizing in the craft/laundry room. I swear we need to start wearing disposable clothes and get rid of the washer and dryer and then I'd have more room for all my craft stuff back there! LOL! Sounds like a plan to me anyway......................
Old 11-02-2013, 06:39 AM   #6591
Pearl-ExPert

Morning! Hope y'all have a nice weekend!
Old 11-02-2013, 07:21 AM   #6592
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning, Lynn!

Morning, all! My house smells like bacon and eggs and homemade hashbrowns! Ya'll come on down!!!! I ended up being home in under an hour from the fair - it was teeny tiny!! We thought it would be larger, like the previous years - they only had 8 vendors! But it was nice and we grabbed a coffee on the way home and talked about upcoming school things, planning, and a bible study - yay! Good times!

My kids - mind you are 14, 16, and 18, were all waiting on food! HELLO! I was cooking for our family at 12 when I was growing up!!!! LOL!! My son had eaten before I left, it was too funny. So I played good mommy in between laundry and sweeping and made a good, hearty bfast Now my dh wants to go out bowling - say what?! That should be a riot!

We're heading the farm in a bit. I just LOVE LOVE LOVE taking the country roads!! Mind you, we don't have many! But the Redlands, or Homestead area, is still mostly farmlands and historic farm district and they havent' allowed much development there. It's so nice to see rows and rows of fields of corn and tomatoes and potatoes! We have to buy hay for the rabbit, seeds for our macaw (Darlene! Sunshine says BWAK! to Bijou!)
and we buy it at the local feed store. It's so funny to see this transplanted western feed store, like straight out of a John Wayne movie!

Ya'll! It's going to be Thanksgiving soon! Can you believe it! And only 7.5 weeks or so til Christmas!!!! ack!!!!!! What happened to this year? It's flying by - wow!!

Paige, thank you for the new partner in crime for November! I will get mine in the mail super early! Darlene, no worries - goodness, girl, you have enough on your plate!
And Jeanette, not sure if you ever got mine? I mailed it a little after the swap. You might have mentioned it, and I might have missed it .......... hee hee! I tend to do that!

Have a great Saturday, girls!
Old 11-02-2013, 11:53 AM   #6593
Quacker Stamper

Happy Saturday Stamp Addicts!

Maxine - Did you tell us that you were Guest Designing this month for Challenges and Candies??????? I don't remember seeing that, but I was linking up the card I posted yesterday with some challenges and saw your card on there for this week. It's gorgeous! I need to go leave you some love on your blog.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-02-2013, 11:55 AM   #6594
Quacker Stamper

Had that vet appt. for Casper this morning, but he would not cooperate and in fact gave me a good dig in my left hand. It's sore and swollen around the dig area. I decided that he didn't really have to go anyway. He's doing really well on the Probiotics and new food and no more messing on the floor or out of the box. I think he can do without the B-12 shot. I'll have to keep an eye on him with his ears. If I see him scratching them a lot, I'll get some mite drops at PetsMart. I did have to drive over there to get their food. I got 2 bags since they go through a bag in about 3 weeks.

When I left the vet I had to go to a Family History Seminar. Working on Family History with church members is my job at church and a lot of new stuff going on for it. Since I was already out, I went by Whole Foods and picked up the groceries that I need for the week.

Now I can get started on the laundry and get my DT post scheduled for tomorrow and get working on some more Christmas cards.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-02-2013, 12:02 PM   #6595
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Kelly, glad you got some time to yourself today. Sounds great and the craft fair sound fan-tabu-lous!!! Such fun!

Maggie, sounds like you have the weekend planned! Maybe you can get some time too..

And.......

Maxine....it's so nice of thinking it's spring there. I think I could probably do spring all year long!!

I had about 100 chores this morning and got all that out of the way - plus had to chase two armadillos away from the yard so Rambo wouldn't go into a panic and try to catch them. This afternoon Jim FINALLY finished my shelves and I've started loading them with the wood mount stamps. Still have a ton that I need to un-mount and get them in cases.

Thanks again to Paige for sending the card list for November! I keep forgetting we're already in November......still don't know what happened to October.

No plans for the weekend here.......except maybe a little more organizing in the craft/laundry room. I swear we need to start wearing disposable clothes and get rid of the washer and dryer and then I'd have more room for all my craft stuff back there! LOL! Sounds like a plan to me anyway......................
I get possums at my house in the evening. The cats don't think anything about them. I wish Glinda would chase the possums away instead of the other cats@! These's a big one (probably mama) and a smaller one. I have to go out when it gets dark and pick up all the uneaten cat food so there's no food out there for the possums. Sorry, I don't want to encourage them to come in my yard looking for food. It's enough that I have 10 cats out there that come eat at my house.

can't wait to see your shelves Lynn. LOL! Sounds like a good idea to me about the disposable clothes. Would save a lot on laundry detergent and fabric softener.

Paige, I got my name for November. Thanks for sending that. I hope you're enjoying your snuggle time.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-02-2013, 12:07 PM   #6596
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Morning, Lynn!

Morning, all! My house smells like bacon and eggs and homemade hashbrowns! Ya'll come on down!!!! I ended up being home in under an hour from the fair - it was teeny tiny!! We thought it would be larger, like the previous years - they only had 8 vendors! But it was nice and we grabbed a coffee on the way home and talked about upcoming school things, planning, and a bible study - yay! Good times!

My kids - mind you are 14, 16, and 18, were all waiting on food! HELLO! I was cooking for our family at 12 when I was growing up!!!! LOL!! My son had eaten before I left, it was too funny. So I played good mommy in between laundry and sweeping and made a good, hearty bfast Now my dh wants to go out bowling - say what?! That should be a riot!

We're heading the farm in a bit. I just LOVE LOVE LOVE taking the country roads!! Mind you, we don't have many! But the Redlands, or Homestead area, is still mostly farmlands and historic farm district and they havent' allowed much development there. It's so nice to see rows and rows of fields of corn and tomatoes and potatoes! We have to buy hay for the rabbit, seeds for our macaw (Darlene! Sunshine says BWAK! to Bijou!)
and we buy it at the local feed store. It's so funny to see this transplanted western feed store, like straight out of a John Wayne movie!

Ya'll! It's going to be Thanksgiving soon! Can you believe it! And only 7.5 weeks or so til Christmas!!!! ack!!!!!! What happened to this year? It's flying by - wow!!

Paige, thank you for the new partner in crime for November! I will get mine in the mail super early! Darlene, no worries - goodness, girl, you have enough on your plate!
And Jeanette, not sure if you ever got mine? I mailed it a little after the swap. You might have mentioned it, and I might have missed it .......... hee hee! I tend to do that!

Have a great Saturday, girls!
Yummy breakfast Kelly. That is my most favorite meal to eat out. I never make a nice big breakfast like that so it's fun to eat out like that. I like to go to IHOP once in awhile.

Sorry the fair wasn't anything exciting, but at least it was some girly time with your GF.

Sounds like you have a fun day planned. Used to love drives in the country when I lived in PA. My Uncle lived on a farm out in Amish country and we'd drive out there every so often to visit.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-02-2013, 02:43 PM   #6597
Forum Fanatic

Happy Saturday! We spent the evening last night at dinner with friends- celebrating a birthday. And, today cleaning for company tonight at our house. I am still dragging a little bit, so cancelled my ATC group- we were going to make punched ATC's and I spent alot of time finding ideas, bit no energy to create and cook and clean, so balanced and gave up the ATC's. Its all good.

I have taken a couple of breaks while picking up- too bad for the timing too- the cleaning ladies are coming next Wednesday : (

We have a new grocery store named Mariano's that just opened near us, so had to run check it out- there were some good deals, but it looks like a higher end store, so will watch the sales closely there. They have alot of cool 'different' areas and unique foods too. That will be fun- to change things up a bit.

My DD Stephi won the club running regional race she was in last weekend, and will be running in the Club Nationals in Hershey, Pa in 2 weeks, so we decided to drive out there and cheer her on. It is a 10 hr drive from here, but it will be a blast to go and cheer her on.

Paige- thanks for the monthly assignments- I will get on that when I have stamping time tomorrow or Monday...... Hope you are still getting lots of snuggling time!

Maxine- glad to hear you are taking it easy, and also good to see you are creating too!

Maggie- hope it all works out with the cat- and hope the Possoms stay away too! We used to have one that visited regularly, but have not seem it in a long while........We have tons of squirrels though!

Kelly- what a blessing - 2 unexpected hours in your busy day! I hope your little guy was not disappointed- who will eat all of the popcorn and M&M's now??? hehehe Mmmm your breakfast sounds yummy : ) My mouth is watering! I think a ride to the country and a visit to the farm sounds awesome! My hubby's family lives in a small town- one on the farm he grew up on- the kids used to LOVE going there! Oh the stories!

Lynn- sound fab to get the storage up and to be able to see your stamps- hope you do not fill them up and overfill them too quickly! Hehehehe Oh the thought of no laundry- disposable clothes is too funny! So, can a dog really catch an Armadillo?

Jeanette- glad Brock had fun giving out candy- I did too- I dressed up! What a wierdo- well, I figured it would be fun- and it is quick and easy- footy PJ's, a headband a little makeup...... Glad you are sleeping more.

Waving Hello to everyone! Darlene- hope you are able to get some peace and a bit of time to create too!

Shelly
Old 11-02-2013, 04:28 PM   #6598
Pearl-ExPert

No Maggie - I was remiss - I am guest designer for November - three posts in all - hence the comment the other day that I could not blog a card until the end of the month, that Kelly picked up on.

I have also just seen (on facebook) that I am a Guest blogger for Spellbinders - and I went weak at the knees - Argggghhhhh - shock, horror, excitement and brain working overtime already!!
Old 11-02-2013, 07:23 PM   #6599
Pearl-ExPert

Oh WOW, WOW, WOW!!!! Maxine!!!!!!!!! This is awesome news! Spellbinders!! I'm so excited for you!!! What do you have to do now - is it the same as a guest designer? Fantastic!!!

Shelly - congrats to Stephi! That's great news too! Know y'all will have a good time watching her. The 10 hour drive doesn't sound like too much fun but I'm glad you're going. Take a few days and just make it a mini vacation!

Armadillos actually move VERY slow - except when they sense danger....and then they go fast! But yes, a dog can catch them pretty easy and they'll kill them usually. I like the little critters so hate to see any harm come to them. They just give Rambo fits when they get outside the fenced in area and he can't get to them. I'll try to get a picture of one next time they come through and post it. The coons we have too....but not so often.

I'm trying to stay up as long as I can with this time change business going on. I really don't like having to try to get my body used to all this! LOL! Rambo is even more confused than we are though about the whole thing!
Old 11-03-2013, 05:40 AM   #6600
Stazon Splitcoast

Maxine, we're so proud of you!! Wow, you are on a roll, girl! Awesome stuff - Spellbinders! How blessed you are! And they are lucky to have you

Lynn, yay for shelves!! Laundry Stamper is expanding!! Well, the ROOM, I mean! It will be so nice to have it all in the same place to organize and have at a hand's grab. Yikes on the Armadillos!! My dad went to San Antonio for TDY once and brought me back a stuffed Armadillo I was very young and couldn't figure out for the life of me what it was, lol. He just kept saying it was the state bird, LOL!!!

Maggie, ouchie on the hand!!! Poor baby must have been scared out of his wits to bite/scratch. I tell you, going to the vets is so hard on the fur babies, they just kNOW!
I hope it heals up soon, after all, that's probably your stamping hand *wink!*

Shel! CONGRATS to Stephi!! How amazing! Were you a runner, too? That will be awesome to take the 10 hr drive to see her and cheer her on - you're an awesome mom!!

We had a fun day yesterday AND I managed to get 2 cards done! One I absolutely am so disappointed with how it turned out, the other is completely adorable. Hard to believe I can spend nearly 3 hours ON ONE CARD! Today we plan to clean up the backyard with all it's overgrown trees and vines. Amazing how our neighbor's butterfly garden got so quickly out of control! She planted one of those creeper vines, or creeping vines? It's gorgeous, but now it's all on our side of the fence, took a sharp right and is now on the other wooden fence and pulling it down. I was whacking at it for about 40 mins this am and barely made a dent! Love gardening, being outdoors, trees and nature but I think this is one battle I"m losing, LOL!!

Love to all!
x0x0