Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2013, 06:32 PM   #6521
Gabfest Goddess

Hello everyone! Quick post before I crash and burn for the night (soooo tired)

Yes, it's true, some stupid company seems to have redirected my bitty blog. Truthfully, with all that's going on here, I don't eally care too much if I have to make a brand new blog. But what makes me mad is that when I log into Blogger my dashboard is perfect. Shows everything completly normal. Crud.

Wishing you all sweet dreams tonight.

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-29-2013, 01:46 AM   #6522
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Friends!

The day is starting early for me! (I woke at 3:00; was still awake at 4:00... so I got up. I have too much to do to enjoy the luxury of lying in bed without sleeping, so I decided I might as well get up and get busy.)

Awwww... thanks, Maxine!

Kelly, your little man is such a trooper!

Lynn, thanks for the welcome home! And yes, my blog has had some challenges since leelou uploaded my premade blog template. She thinks she has it fixed now. I hope so! BTW, there were a few people who could leave comments - more than just Maxine. For instance, I could have left a comment. LOL! Like I'd leave a comment on my own blog. "Girl, I don't know what you were thinking, but that card is horrible!"... that sort of thing.

Darlene, it's sooooooo good to see you! How be ya, other than exhausted? (((HUGE Hugs!))) I hope your blog situation resolves itself!

Speaking of blogs, can I ask those of you who couldn't leave a comment before to check and see if it works for you now, please? I know - you must think I'm really craving comments... but that's not the case. But leelou has it fixed, she thinks (she never had problems seeing/using the comment tab, like me, so it's hard for her to tell). I am to let her know this evening if it's working. Thanks! So please let me know if the comment tab is functional now, okay? THANK YOU!!! You are such wonderful friends!!!
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin Twisted Tuesday

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: Camping in the Forest
Old 10-29-2013, 03:13 AM   #6523
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post
Good Morning Friends!

The day is starting early for me! (I woke at 3:00; was still awake at 4:00... so I got up. I have too much to do to enjoy the luxury of lying in bed without sleeping, so I decided I might as well get up and get busy.)

Awwww... thanks, Maxine!

Kelly, your little man is such a trooper!

Lynn, thanks for the welcome home! And yes, my blog has had some challenges since leelou uploaded my premade blog template. She thinks she has it fixed now. I hope so! BTW, there were a few people who could leave comments - more than just Maxine. For instance, I could have left a comment. LOL! Like I'd leave a comment on my own blog. "Girl, I don't know what you were thinking, but that card is horrible!"... that sort of thing.

Darlene, it's sooooooo good to see you! How be ya, other than exhausted? (((HUGE Hugs!))) I hope your blog situation resolves itself!

Speaking of blogs, can I ask those of you who couldn't leave a comment before to check and see if it works for you now, please? I know - you must think I'm really craving comments... but that's not the case. But leelou has it fixed, she thinks (she never had problems seeing/using the comment tab, like me, so it's hard for her to tell). I am to let her know this evening if it's working. Thanks! So please let me know if the comment tab is functional now, okay? THANK YOU!!! You are such wonderful friends!!!
Sorry you had to get up so early. I woke up about 4:10, but took a Melatonin and went back to sleep until the alarm went off at 5:30. Yawn!!!

Yeah to see that your blog is finally fixed and I could leave a comment!!!!!!

Sorry about your Darlene. That stinks. I hope you can get it working again. It is strange because when I first click on yours I can see the right name for it, but then it does switch over to the other one. At least it's not redirecting you to some bad web page.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspo*****m/
Old 10-29-2013, 03:16 AM   #6524

Good Mo......... (insert YAWN).... rning, Maggie! I needed your Melatonin so I could go back to sleep, I guess. YAY!!! So glad you said my blog is fixed! I's ECSTATIC!!! (It's funny how little things can stress me out. LOL!)

mschoener likes this post.
Old 10-29-2013, 05:50 AM   #6525
Pearl-ExPert

Finally could leave a comment Jeanette! Yea!

No one has any comments on the Discussion of the Week?
Old 10-29-2013, 06:15 AM   #6526

YAY!!! Thank you, Lynn! Leelou has fixed my blog! I'm so excited!

I'll make a comment for the discussion....... I don't do/send/give Christmas cards.

Long story short - the first year my DH and I were married I wanted to send Christmas cards and he WISELY told me not to. LOL! He knew as a pastor we would most likely end up in several churches (we have) and have many people from our past - and how does one decide who to send to and who not to. Soooooooooooo I never send any. Not even to my family members.

Old 10-29-2013, 08:18 AM   #6527
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Good afternoon! Had a mtg at church this am that ran extra long ... Dd18 had to be dropped off a college as her car wasn't ready at the dealer from a simple service. Apparently yesterday while she was away and didn't need it was NOT the day to bring it in, lol! Hopefully today!

And I still have to find a new groomer as well to trim the summer coat off of Buddy .. His shedding is unbearable!!!! I have dog hair everywhere!!!! And he is a short coat! Poor Buster barely has any hair at all, lol.

J, I was able to get to your blog and glad you got it all fixed. I read somewhere that if that happens, you have to use the pop out comment method, not that I could explain to you what that means!! I'm sorry to hear about Darlene's blog I'm still grieving losing everything last year when my system crashed. Sniff, sniff!

Im heading to Kmart tonight to look at some Christmas gifts to put away on layaway. I haven't been to Kmart in like 10 years!! But I saw their layaway ad and love the idea of being able to stash it there so little man won't see it here! He just wants an iPad so I might have to hit Apple store next. He hijacks mine all the time, he should just get his own!!
With 3 daughters all having December bdays, I need to be done ...like in 2 weeks!!!!

Hugs!!!!!
Old 10-29-2013, 08:42 AM   #6528

Kelly, will you adopt me? PLEASE! Cuz I want an ipad, too!

Thanks for letting me know about my blog. Leelou (who I got the template from) was working to fix it, but she's so overwhelmed with orders right now that it was taking a while.

Old 10-29-2013, 10:08 AM   #6529
Forum Fanatic

Hello to all! I am a bit slow today- bad allergies or sinus is not liking having the heat on....... I will live, but not too jippy today! Just eating some home made Chicken soup : )

We send out cards- but the hubster likes sending picture cards, so I do not need cards for everyone on the list.

I do not start shopping this early - I have to get lists from the kids- only if they want some HOT item that is selling like hotcakes do I get a move on shopping this early. I will have to be early enuf for Katie to get a box to her though.......

Jeanette and Darlene- so sorry to hear about your blogging issues (and what a pain!!!). Jeanette- I thought I was able to leave comments before, but do not see the one I left, so glad commenting is back! Darlene- hope yours gets straightened out ASAP!

Kelly- you are so right- parents are soooo over the top now a days! My kids were in travel sports- and even some of the top players did not get the college scholarships you would think they would have for all of the pressure that got put on the kids! Kelly- 3 cards is amazing! I cannot just sit down and make three cards quickly- I am a really slow cardmaker.....not sure why- I have always been like that..........

Lynn- so is hubby done with the doc visit for Derm? Glad you got to run in a crafting store..... I need to sort so badly- and rearrange. I can make one- two max cards before my desk is a total disaster and I have to organize before I can be productive again.

We had an awesome 10 minutes of nature in the backyard today- a hawk was stalking a squirrel in a tree- we video'd a little bit of it- squirrel did not get eaten...........

Hoping all of my tired blogging friends have an OK day despite it!!! I woke up early too- hubby stops breathing on occasion and it woke me up....but went right back to sleep and I may have been snoring- who knows- I can do that when I am stuffy!

Maggie- how are all of the kitties? Glad you had a fab B-day!

Maxine- glad you are taking it easy and getting some cardmaking done as well!

Paige- glad you are getting lots of snuggle time! Looks like you have been busy with swaps- love the bobbins and cork ornaments!

Have a great day, I am off to see if I can get my late DT card going......

Shelly
Old 10-29-2013, 10:29 AM   #6530
Pearl-ExPert

Morning folks - sounds as though my 6:45 wake up was not as early as I thought it was .

I spent over an hour and a half on a card yesterday, and I am no where near finished - I spent ages going through my button stash to find 4 buttons that I liked - in the end I have to go with only three that 'fitted' the card properly... and other days I can get one done in half an hour. Depends if the muse is working, and if it is
CAS of fancy.

DOW - I send about 40 cards, all identical, and generally designed, if not made, by now, but this year I have not started........ most go out with a copy of an annual letter, photocopied but individually addressed and signed. the numbers have dropped recently with the increase in postage costs and others dropping off the list.

We have had a light frost this morning, so my covering the vulnerable vegetables with paper last night was not wasted. I had better get up now and go uncover them.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:39 PM   #6531
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post
YAY!!! Thank you, Lynn! Leelou has fixed my blog! I'm so excited!

I'll make a comment for the discussion....... I don't do/send/give Christmas cards.

Long story short - the first year my DH and I were married I wanted to send Christmas cards and he WISELY told me not to. LOL! He knew as a pastor we would most likely end up in several churches (we have) and have many people from our past - and how does one decide who to send to and who not to. Soooooooooooo I never send any. Not even to my family members.
I can understand your reluctance to send cards out to parishioners. That would be a nightmare! I would think that you might to your family though. Do they send a card to you or do you all just pass it by?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-29-2013, 01:43 PM   #6532
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
Good afternoon! Had a mtg at church this am that ran extra long ... Dd18 had to be dropped off a college as her car wasn't ready at the dealer from a simple service. Apparently yesterday while she was away and didn't need it was NOT the day to bring it in, lol! Hopefully today!

And I still have to find a new groomer as well to trim the summer coat off of Buddy .. His shedding is unbearable!!!! I have dog hair everywhere!!!! And he is a short coat! Poor Buster barely has any hair at all, lol.

J, I was able to get to your blog and glad you got it all fixed. I read somewhere that if that happens, you have to use the pop out comment method, not that I could explain to you what that means!! I'm sorry to hear about Darlene's blog I'm still grieving losing everything last year when my system crashed. Sniff, sniff!

Im heading to Kmart tonight to look at some Christmas gifts to put away on layaway. I haven't been to Kmart in like 10 years!! But I saw their layaway ad and love the idea of being able to stash it there so little man won't see it here! He just wants an iPad so I might have to hit Apple store next. He hijacks mine all the time, he should just get his own!!
With 3 daughters all having December bdays, I need to be done ...like in 2 weeks!!!!

Hugs!!!!!
Yikes! 3 birthdays in December plus Christmas. I do think I'd be pulling my hair out (what little I have left) I do have my DGD whose birthday is Dec 1 and then my DGS is Jan 19, so they are close to Christmas also. I usually buy them their gifts and keep one out for the birthday.

That stinks that they didn't have DD's car ready after leaving it there all day yesterday for service. I try to go to the Quick Lube at the Dealership on a Saturday and wait for it for a couple of hours. I seldom have to take it to the Service Dept. unless it's something major.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-29-2013, 01:48 PM   #6533
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
Hello to all! I am a bit slow today- bad allergies or sinus is not liking having the heat on....... I will live, but not too jippy today! Just eating some home made Chicken soup : )

We send out cards- but the hubster likes sending picture cards, so I do not need cards for everyone on the list.

I do not start shopping this early - I have to get lists from the kids- only if they want some HOT item that is selling like hotcakes do I get a move on shopping this early. I will have to be early enuf for Katie to get a box to her though.......

Jeanette and Darlene- so sorry to hear about your blogging issues (and what a pain!!!). Jeanette- I thought I was able to leave comments before, but do not see the one I left, so glad commenting is back! Darlene- hope yours gets straightened out ASAP!

Kelly- you are so right- parents are soooo over the top now a days! My kids were in travel sports- and even some of the top players did not get the college scholarships you would think they would have for all of the pressure that got put on the kids! Kelly- 3 cards is amazing! I cannot just sit down and make three cards quickly- I am a really slow cardmaker.....not sure why- I have always been like that..........

Lynn- so is hubby done with the doc visit for Derm? Glad you got to run in a crafting store..... I need to sort so badly- and rearrange. I can make one- two max cards before my desk is a total disaster and I have to organize before I can be productive again.

We had an awesome 10 minutes of nature in the backyard today- a hawk was stalking a squirrel in a tree- we video'd a little bit of it- squirrel did not get eaten...........

Hoping all of my tired blogging friends have an OK day despite it!!! I woke up early too- hubby stops breathing on occasion and it woke me up....but went right back to sleep and I may have been snoring- who knows- I can do that when I am stuffy!

Maggie- how are all of the kitties? Glad you had a fab B-day!

Maxine- glad you are taking it easy and getting some cardmaking done as well!

Paige- glad you are getting lots of snuggle time! Looks like you have been busy with swaps- love the bobbins and cork ornaments!

Have a great day, I am off to see if I can get my late DT card going......

Shelly
I saw your hawk chasing squirrel video on FB. So glad that squirrel was able to get away.

Kitties are doing okay. Casper needs to go to the vet on Saturday for his B-12 shot and ear check. I think he might also have ear mites. Not looking forward to that. Once this is done, I swear I am not taking them back to the vet for anything!!!!!!!!!!

I've got to finish a DT card tonight and get it on the DT blog because it goes live on Friday. The Sunshine Mail group is on the 1st and 15th no matter what the day is.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-29-2013, 01:51 PM   #6534
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
Morning folks - sounds as though my 6:45 wake up was not as early as I thought it was .

I spent over an hour and a half on a card yesterday, and I am no where near finished - I spent ages going through my button stash to find 4 buttons that I liked - in the end I have to go with only three that 'fitted' the card properly... and other days I can get one done in half an hour. Depends if the muse is working, and if it is
CAS of fancy.

DOW - I send about 40 cards, all identical, and generally designed, if not made, by now, but this year I have not started........ most go out with a copy of an annual letter, photocopied but individually addressed and signed. the numbers have dropped recently with the increase in postage costs and others dropping off the list.

We have had a light frost this morning, so my covering the vulnerable vegetables with paper last night was not wasted. I had better get up now and go uncover them.
Last year I sent out a ton of Christmas cards. I sign up for the Christmas Card Challenge on SCS and try to get 5 done every month. I've really slipped this year though and haven't gotten as many done. I may have a dozen or so finished. I have a bunch of images that I've been coloring, but I need time to make them into cards. I just like sending out cards. It's the signing and addressing them that bogs me down. Hopefully, I'll have a day soon where I can just crank out a bunch. I do have some pre-printed images that I got from Lili of the Valley that I can use so I don't have to do all that coloring for them.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-29-2013, 03:38 PM   #6535
Pearl-ExPert

Sorry I haven't been around today..............VERY tired! We left this morning to visit some friends in a nearby town and I've just gotten home. Another long day and I have to clean house tomorrow! Like being on a merry go round here lately....................

Will check in tomorrow with my thoughts on the DOTW and catch up with everyone!
Old 10-29-2013, 05:32 PM   #6536
Gabfest Goddess

Evening everyone!

Yes, God took pity on me and guided my stumbling about on Blogger and eventually we rescued my bitty blog. I had to change templates. Don't much care for the new template, but hey - I got bigger fish to fry

DOTW: I send out about 30 handmade cards. This year...who knows. Depends on how crazy life gets and how much concentration I can muster.

Guess what? I picked up a new car (a lease) last night: 2014 Chevy Eclipse. It's a silvery blue color (some dumb name for the color. Silver Topaz I think) Anyway it's all wheel drive so snow should not be an issue.

I've never leased a car before, but working from home means not many miles so I thought I'd give it a whirl. My car has been non operational for well over a year now. Decided not to put the $$ into it and still end up with something 9 yrs old and maybe not reliable. Can't tell you how great it feels to finally have my own wheels!!

Old 10-29-2013, 05:39 PM   #6537

YAY for working wheels, Darlene! And YAY for working blog, too! I actually like the new template... the birds seem so appropriate!

Maggie, my parents send us cards and of course we get some from parishioners, etc.... but most of the family doesn't do cards, so it's good.

Lynn, rest well!

Maxine, oh I'm like that, too... sometimes a card goes together quickly and other times, nope!

Shelly, thank you. I can't tell you how excited I am to have my blog working right again.

Hugs for all!

Old 10-30-2013, 01:51 AM   #6538
Gabfest Goddess

Morning! Quickly checking in here before beginning the day.

Jeanette: I'm sorry I forgot to respond to your request about your blog issues. I visited recently and was able to leave comments - now I'll have to go back & check to see if they posted. I'm glad that you are getting all of your blog situated now. You put so much time & effort into your blog, it's so stressful to have it not working properly.

Maxine: sometimes (especially lately, hehehe) it can take me all weekend to make 1 card. I putter about, start, stop, abandon, take another approach, start completely over, search out different layouts, etc. All I really end up doing is making a big mess of stuff that has to be put away! LOL

But, for me, it is still a good activity, using a different part of my brain, listening to music, Bijou is always terribly interested watching from my shoulder. It's my own, private space and activity. Something that I do just for myself so I find it very enjoyable and therapeutic. (But Jeanette, I'm not sure that it actually IS cheaper than therapy, LOL)

Have a good Wednesday everyone!

Old 10-30-2013, 01:54 AM   #6539
Gabfest Goddess

Ooops - almost forgot (again)

Kelly: I rec'd your GREAT card a few days back (Friday? not sure) THANKS!! I saw it on your blog too - soooo cute! It really brought a much-needed smile and was a great pick-me-up. Thank you!

<hanging her head in shame> your card from me is late. Sigh. But I know how kind and understanding you are. Maybe I'll turn out something worthy soon! <wink>

MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:39 AM   #6540

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Well, I slept in this morning! I didn't wake until nearly 3:30... couldn't go back to sleep............. so I got up and showered at 4:30 and started my day.

Oh well................

LOL! Darlene... please don't say that. I want to at least think that it's cheaper than therapy... I'm sure it's a whole lot more fun!

Old 10-30-2013, 06:13 AM   #6541
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, rushing through! Off to see the eye dr - cant' figure out why my eyes are blurry all the time, driving is a mess, contacts and glasses won't let me see clearly and I just had my annual exam in April! Huh?!! I hope it's nothing major!

Lynn, I do send Christmas cards out but only to immediate family. We do an annual letter and photo so it's easier to just send out the letter to those that already know us and they are preprinted holiday cards. In fact, I have to get the right photo soon! I do love Christmas cards, it's my favorite season, but with 3 December birthdays, I have to be realistic and know that life is on hold for the entire month of December ( you have no idea how crazy my kids school schedules, concerts, shows, performances, etc gets!!) Like you'll see me at Thanksgiving, then again in January ..... ROFL!!!

YAY for working blogs ~ woot! And a double WOOT on the new wheels, Darlene!!

Hugs!!!!
Old 10-30-2013, 06:58 AM   #6542
Pearl-ExPert

Darlene, congrats on the new wheels!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There's just nothing as nice as a new vehicle for that secure feeling! Now you know that you can get in that car and not worry too much about everything breaking down! Good going! Also, I like your blog header just fine! I think Shelly used to have one similar to that too. Just glad it's back and all seems to be working!

Kelly, don't know what the deal is with the eyes - hope it's not serious like you say!!!
Also............did you know that you won one of the new release sets over at TAWS for your comment! YEA!!!! Way to go!

Shelly, hope you start feeling better soon! Yes and no about the derma and Jim. He went back and got some of the stitches out but the place where they had to add the cartilage isn't healed just yet. Still have to keep it bandaged but only with a small band aid now. He goes back again in three weeks to have it checked.

Christmas cards! Ok, so of y'all say you don't really send them out......so what do you do with the ones you make and post on your blog?? I send out about 40 each year I guess. I don't make that many during the year and then rush like a mad woman in Nov. to get them done because I usually send them out that first week in December. The ones I make and post after that time are saved until next year. It works out pretty good that way. And like you Maggie, the main deal is trying to get them all addressed and usually a not or letter included! Grrrrrr.............. Do y'all think it's too early for all the Christmas stuff in the stores, to make cards, etc......

Sorry I didn't pop in with more last night but was just exhausted.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:58 AM   #6543
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcardmaking View Post
Evening everyone!

Yes, God took pity on me and guided my stumbling about on Blogger and eventually we rescued my bitty blog. I had to change templates. Don't much care for the new template, but hey - I got bigger fish to fry

DOTW: I send out about 30 handmade cards. This year...who knows. Depends on how crazy life gets and how much concentration I can muster.

Guess what? I picked up a new car (a lease) last night: 2014 Chevy Eclipse. It's a silvery blue color (some dumb name for the color. Silver Topaz I think) Anyway it's all wheel drive so snow should not be an issue.

I've never leased a car before, but working from home means not many miles so I thought I'd give it a whirl. My car has been non operational for well over a year now. Decided not to put the $$ into it and still end up with something 9 yrs old and maybe not reliable. Can't tell you how great it feels to finally have my own wheels!!
Glad that you were finally able to get your blog back up and running.

Great news on the new car. I've always wondered how those lease things work with a car. Don't you still have to buy it after the least term is up? Or do you just trade it in for another lease car?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-30-2013, 07:02 AM   #6544
Quacker Stamper

Lynn, I have tons of Christmas stuff so I don't care how early or late they start putting Christmas paper and stuff out because I can usually start on my cards way early in the year. Then when I get new stuff if it's too late, then I'll use it next year.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-30-2013, 07:03 AM   #6545
Quacker Stamper

Paige - wanted to do a shout out thanks for the Birthday card and for the Card of the Month! Both so beautiful. Hope things are doing better for you.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-30-2013, 07:07 AM   #6546

My dad had an aunt and uncle who for years and years leased cars... they got a new one each year. They were a wee bit wealthy.

Old 10-30-2013, 08:00 AM   #6547
Stazon Splitcoast

What? I won? See, If I could READ, I probably would be online ...... LOL!! Thanks for the head's up, I'm so excited!! I love TAWS!!! I just got my order from them 2 months ago and finally inked them up (sent that card to a dear friend, wink wink!) LOVE LOVE ......

I"M HOME! And apparently, half blind! Oh what a mess with my eyes. Thing is, I am far-sighted but like most of you, craft/color/read - including labels, scripts, etc as part of my daily life. Each year, my exam shows deterioration in closeness, yet I need the distance kept the same .. we've been trying to balance them both (not a bifocal need, but more like making them meet in the middle) and it finally caught up with me!! My eyes now need MULTIfocal needs. Crazy. So I am up an entire # in prescription for close, lost a # in distance, and have to have #1 readers ON TOP OF my contacts - yikes! It is super scary. I have had horrible vision my whole life - yes, I was the kid in Kindergarten with the coke bottle glasses I'm not a candidate for lasik, not that I could afford it - LOL. I just have to pray, pray, pray! I need my eyeballs for a long time

A new car every year - lucky indeed! Even as a lease, that's sweet ....... my son gets a new Chevron collectible car every year, does that count?! Hee hee!!
Old 10-30-2013, 10:04 AM   #6548
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
What? I won? See, If I could READ, I probably would be online ...... LOL!! Thanks for the head's up, I'm so excited!! I love TAWS!!! I just got my order from them 2 months ago and finally inked them up (sent that card to a dear friend, wink wink!) LOVE LOVE ......

I"M HOME! And apparently, half blind! Oh what a mess with my eyes. Thing is, I am far-sighted but like most of you, craft/color/read - including labels, scripts, etc as part of my daily life. Each year, my exam shows deterioration in closeness, yet I need the distance kept the same .. we've been trying to balance them both (not a bifocal need, but more like making them meet in the middle) and it finally caught up with me!! My eyes now need MULTIfocal needs. Crazy. So I am up an entire # in prescription for close, lost a # in distance, and have to have #1 readers ON TOP OF my contacts - yikes! It is super scary. I have had horrible vision my whole life - yes, I was the kid in Kindergarten with the coke bottle glasses I'm not a candidate for lasik, not that I could afford it - LOL. I just have to pray, pray, pray! I need my eyeballs for a long time

A new car every year - lucky indeed! Even as a lease, that's sweet ....... my son gets a new Chevron collectible car every year, does that count?! Hee hee!!
Yikes on the eye difficulties Kelly. That is so not good, but I can understand. My eyes have gotten so bad and there was a time that I didn't need glasses at all. So far I have still been able to pass my driver's test without wearing them, so it's not on my license that I need "corrective lenses." I was having such difficulty getting my glasses fitted properly the last time I went in which was around May or June I think. Sent them back 3 times and they still were not right. The doctor says it's because I've got the start of cataracts which interferes with the prescription. After I got the 4th pair back and I still couldn't see properly out of them, I just gave up even though I spent $$$$$$$$$ on them. Now, I'm just wearing my readers for my computer work and I have a pair of distance ones for my driving. I can drive without them, but if I'm going somewhere that I need to read street signs I need them.

LOL! Threw me there for a minute about the collectible cars until I realized what you were saying. LOL!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-30-2013, 10:29 AM   #6549
Pearl-ExPert

Oh Kelly - that does not sound good with your eyes - I have a funny set of eyes, and on my 'readers' you can feel that one lens is thicker than the other... I have multiple issues, including sun light sensitivity, so the lens are not only graduated but also are photosensitive.... expensive!! I need to update them, but at this point cannot afford to as any reserves we have had have gone, with car maintenance and a couple of other unexpected expenses - hopefully soon.

I finally finished the card yesterday and am happy with it You will see it at the end of November!! Although now I am thinking of another detail I could have added to it.......

Hmm - we don't have lease cars over here for the general public, but there are some businesses that use a lease system. Sounds like your car is lovely Darlene and that you are really enjoying it.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:41 AM   #6550
Pearl-ExPert

Kelly, that's terrible about the eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yikes!!!! Hope they can take care of this quickly!
BTW - yes, you DID win that stamp set!!!! Are you trying out for the DT there?

Maggie, I'm working on adding my DT's to my signature line. I keep getting the htt: thing though instead of the name of the DT along with the http. HELP!
Old 10-30-2013, 10:45 AM   #6551
Pearl-ExPert

It keeps coming up just like my regular signature. How do you get the my name (Lynn) along with the blog site hidden - same for the DT - like Digi Haven (and the blog site hidden yet if you click on that it takes you to the challenge blog). Did ANY of that make sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-30-2013, 11:59 AM   #6552
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
It keeps coming up just like my regular signature. How do you get the my name (Lynn) along with the blog site hidden - same for the DT - like Digi Haven (and the blog site hidden yet if you click on that it takes you to the challenge blog). Did ANY of that make sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lynn, when you go to Edit Signature and get your signature block up --
Underneath your blog link type in Design for: ____ Then type in the name of the challenge blog - Digi Heaven or whatever it is. Have that web page open in another window. Right click on the link to it in the browser bar. Then in your Signature block, highlight the name of the blog and then click on the little world looking icon up above that looks like it has glasses. That will give you a drop down where you add the link to the blog so then put the link to your DT blog there and it should do like mine when it has the name and when you click on it, it takes you to the challenge blog. Hope this makes sense.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-30-2013, 12:15 PM   #6553
Pearl-ExPert

LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maggie, this is like you're talking to me in a foreign language!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll go over and see if I can figure out what you're talking about since I've written it all down. If I can't, so be it I guess. Will try! Thanks!
Old 10-30-2013, 12:20 PM   #6554
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maggie, this is like you're talking to me in a foreign language!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll go over and see if I can figure out what you're talking about since I've written it all down. If I can't, so be it I guess. Will try! Thanks!
I know! I wish I could be there or if I had your phone number, I'd call you and walk you through it. Do you see right up above where it has the world icon with the glasses looking thing and right next to it is a glasses looking thing with a big red X through it? The world looking icon is what you need to click on to get the drop down to add your link to the Challenge blog. Hope that's a little clearer.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-30-2013, 12:37 PM   #6555
Pearl-ExPert

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a tech genius (along with your help Maggie)!!!! Doesn't look exactly like I want it - but like Darlene said with her blog header.......I got bigger fish to fry! LOL! And did y'all notice I even did the "My Blog" in blue!!!!!!!!!! Yipee Skipee!!!

Thanks a ton Maggie!
Old 10-30-2013, 12:50 PM   #6556
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a tech genius (along with your help Maggie)!!!! Doesn't look exactly like I want it - but like Darlene said with her blog header.......I got bigger fish to fry! LOL! And did y'all notice I even did the "My Blog" in blue!!!!!!!!!! Yipee Skipee!!!

Thanks a ton Maggie!
LOL! You did great on the first one~ Yippee!

Unfortunately, the second one doesn't take you to the blog. It takes you to the Google List for All Dressed up. You need to tweak that one just a big more, but you've got it!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts

Last edited by mschoener; 10-30-2013 at 12:57 PM..
Old 10-30-2013, 12:53 PM   #6557
Pearl-ExPert

Well done Lynn - all there and looking great
Old 10-30-2013, 01:07 PM   #6558
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks Maxine.............but dang!!! It appears that that one doesn't take you anywhere like Maggie said - Back to the drawing board!
Old 10-30-2013, 01:16 PM   #6559
Pearl-ExPert

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!! My Blog and the link wasn't coming up either! Still don't know what I did different but instead of trying to link all that stuff by the copy and paste type thing I just typed it in after doing the little world and glasses and it seems to be ok now!
And here I was thinking I was a tech genius!!!!! Oh well.........learning more every day!
Thanks again, Maggie.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:58 PM   #6560
Stazon Splitcoast

Wait, what? A month from now we get to see your card? LOL! That's quite a tease, Miss Maxine! All your work is just simply gorgeous, whatever is is, it will be splendid!

I'm sorry to hear about your eye troubles, my friend. Hopefully a nice windfall will land your way to get your glasses I have to go look for +1 readers to wear on top of my +3.5 script contacts! Yikes!

YAY Lynn on blogs and siggies ........ we are rockin' the techno stuff in here!
I emailed the lady about the stamps, thank you again for pointing that out I had a really long morning and would have forgotten to stop in there until next week!

Tomorrow I have an all day field trip with my son - we're going to see some play at the Actor's Playhouse. I'm bringing the M & M's and popcorn if anyone wants to join!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
Oh Kelly - that does not sound good with your eyes - I have a funny set of eyes, and on my 'readers' you can feel that one lens is thicker than the other... I have multiple issues, including sun light sensitivity, so the lens are not only graduated but also are photosensitive.... expensive!! I need to update them, but at this point cannot afford to as any reserves we have had have gone, with car maintenance and a couple of other unexpected expenses - hopefully soon.

I finally finished the card yesterday and am happy with it You will see it at the end of November!! Although now I am thinking of another detail I could have added to it.......

Hmm - we don't have lease cars over here for the general public, but there are some businesses that use a lease system. Sounds like your car is lovely Darlene and that you are really enjoying it.