In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search


Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2013, 09:14 PM   #6441
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,978
Default

Have a good trip Jeanette! I'm not sure about that paper.....let new look it up and I'll PM you.
__________________
My Blog: Creative Crafts by Lynn
Design For: Digi Haven
Design For: Tuesday Throwdown
jimlynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:16 AM   #6442
Stazon Splitcoast
 
MiamiKel4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Miami by location, Germany by Heart
Posts: 20,492
Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4
Default



Good morning, all! Yes, he's on the mend! Still a little coughy but we're packing up all his medical equipment and hitting the road!

Maggie, I bought mine at Michaels. With the 50% coupon! It was super cheap that way. I've bought some at Walmart, too, the GP brand but it's really bad - it tends to bleed and the colors aren't saturated into the paper.

Jeanette, safe travels! We're right behind yoU! And I echo what Lynn says, just let it iron out the kinks and your blog will be fine Still looks the same this am to me but it could just be on my end since you see it just fine< LOL!! I'm wacky that way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Kelly, hope your DS can get the rest he needs and be well for the trip tomorrow.

Do you buy your Watercolor Paper at Michael's or Hobby Lobby? I did a check a long time ago when SU was selling little pieces of it and found a brand that was comparable and it was much less money. I buy it in a large pad and then can just cut it to the size I need.

Ouch! Your poor DH. I can relate though. Several years ago I had nasal surgery and the right sinus was impacted and all stuffed with gauze and yes, it brought tears to my eyes, and I had to bite my lip to keep from shouting when he started removing the packing several days later! Not fun.
__________________
~Kelly~
*My little blog*
Designing for: Riley and Company Stamps Cornish Heritage Farms Just For Fun Rubber Stamps
MiamiKel4 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:16 AM   #6443
Stazon Splitcoast
 
MiamiKel4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Miami by location, Germany by Heart
Posts: 20,492
Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4
Default

CONGRATULATIONS Maggie!!!!!!!!!!! Your rockin' and rollin with the DTs!!! Woot!
__________________
~Kelly~
*My little blog*
Designing for: Riley and Company Stamps Cornish Heritage Farms Just For Fun Rubber Stamps
MiamiKel4 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:22 AM   #6444
Stazon Splitcoast
 
MiamiKel4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Miami by location, Germany by Heart
Posts: 20,492
Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4
Default

Okay, the car is being packed. Dh is checking his list and checking it twice! So much to do!!!!!!! I need the house just right before pulling out the driveway

I've not ordered from Oozak but I know people who have. I'm sure it's fine, Lynn! I only buy paper from PTI - LOVE LOVE their white cardstock!!!!! It's DIVINE!! Pricey, but worth the splurge - I order a few reams at at time to justify shipping. My problem with the Georgia Pacific paper is it's soooo thin!! My prismas bleed right through - if I stamp an image, the color satuates all around the outside of the lines. I buy Gina K cardstock, too - yummiest stuff ever .. both of them are worth the splurge!

Have a great weekend, girls ! I"ll see you on Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
~Kelly~
*My little blog*
Designing for: Riley and Company Stamps Cornish Heritage Farms Just For Fun Rubber Stamps
MiamiKel4 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:43 AM   #6445
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,978
Default

I would say Morning........however, it's already afternoon.......so Afternoon everyone!

Jeanette and Kelly - have a great trip.
__________________
My Blog: Creative Crafts by Lynn
Design For: Digi Haven
Design For: Tuesday Throwdown
jimlynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:15 PM   #6446
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 131,224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Has anyone ever ordered from Oozak? I need a couple of Copic refills and they have them on sale.
I've ordered a lot from them and they do have great service. You should sign up and register and then I think you get a discount on the shipping or something. I think the owner is Randy and he's great always ready to help out.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:17 PM   #6447
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 131,224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post
Ladies, I just wanted to let you know that I'm going to be missing for a week. Iím leaving in the morning to go to Chicago to lead a conference. I get back home for Sunday - but that day is typically my computer-less day due to lots of church activities. I leave again on Monday morning to go to Arkansas (Womenís Prison) and to Louisiana (Womenís Homeless Shelter) on a vision-casting trip with our state staff. If they let me out for good behavior (j/k) Iíll be back home the end of next week. I will miss all of you!

Have a great week!
Hope you have a great trip Jeanette. We'll miss you too.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:19 PM   #6448
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 131,224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post

Good morning, all! Yes, he's on the mend! Still a little coughy but we're packing up all his medical equipment and hitting the road!

Maggie, I bought mine at Michaels. With the 50% coupon! It was super cheap that way. I've bought some at Walmart, too, the GP brand but it's really bad - it tends to bleed and the colors aren't saturated into the paper.

Jeanette, safe travels! We're right behind yoU! And I echo what Lynn says, just let it iron out the kinks and your blog will be fine Still looks the same this am to me but it could just be on my end since you see it just fine< LOL!! I'm wacky that way!
I hope you have a great trip Kelly and that little guy does okay while you're away and gets to enjoy all the fun for his belated birthday.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:20 PM   #6449
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 131,224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
CONGRATULATIONS Maggie!!!!!!!!!!! Your rockin' and rollin with the DTs!!! Woot!
Thank you!
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:24 PM   #6450
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 131,224
Default

I went out for a birthday dinner with one of my GF's last night to this great little hole-in-the-wall Polish restaurant. The food is fabulous and they give you a ton of it. I ate good and brought enough home for 2 more meals.

Busy day at work with the boss in and all, but then he left about 4 so I left about 4:45. I did have a little comp time, so I didn't have to use any of my time off.

I get to take Corey to the vet in the morning. He needs to get his ears checked and needs a booster shot. I know he's not going to be happy about that.

Dinner at DD's on Sunday for my birthday.

I'm going to go and work on some cards tonight. Tomorrow after the vet I need to go to the grocery store and gas up the car. I also want to hang a few pictures that I've had sitting around waiting to be put on the wall, so I'd like to get that done. Then I'll craft the rest of the weekend.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:15 PM   #6451
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,978
Default

Happy early birthday Maggie! I'm sure I'll be telling you again later - but hope you have a great day on Sunday with your family!

Good luck with Corey at the vet tomorrow. He'll be fine and you can get rid of the ear mites if that's what it is.

Thanks for the hint about Oozak.........I went over and ordered a Copic refills and also one die. They were really sold out of a bunch of stuff as it was a great sale! I WILL be ordering from them again!!!!!!!!!!

I finished one card today and have no idea where the rest of the day went! Couldn't g0 to sleep last night until about 3:00 and ended up sleeping til 9:00 this morning!!!! Half the day felt like it was already gone!

Maxine, glad the meds seem to be kicking in now. Hope this knocks it out completely!

I've got something very weird going on with my blog - maybe y'all can help. This has happened on my last two posts..........I'll schedule it to go off at a certain time and do just like I've always done - schedule it, put the date and time in, hit done, and then publish. I look over under the "edit" and it says it's scheduled just fine. At the time it's suppose to publish, he comes up just fine on my blog...............HOWEVER, it doesn't show up on anyone's dashboard! I go back to the post and do "edit" again and hit "update" and it shows up on the dashboard!!!!!!!! Any ideas on this???????? I swear it's possessed!!!!! Need help!
__________________
My Blog: Creative Crafts by Lynn
Design For: Digi Haven
Design For: Tuesday Throwdown
jimlynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 01:25 AM   #6452
Pearl-ExPert
 
Kiwime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 2,714
Default

Lynn I have just had the same thing happen!!

I don't know if it is blogger, or the fact I recently went onto onto Google plus, but I now have a 'related searches' column keep popping up on the left of pages, and adverts appearing across the bottom of blog pages that I am visiting - it's really getting my dander up!! Has anyone else experienced this??

I managed to finish one card, make another, and get a third well under way today - feeling happy
__________________
Philippians 1:6 - I am a work in progress!
I Design for CCC Digi Challenge and Creative Craft Cottage Challenge
My Blog: http://kiwimeskreations.blogspot.com/
Kiwime is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:42 AM   #6453
Gabfest Goddess
 
luvcardmaking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Southeast of Disorder
Posts: 7,073
Default

Hello - Hello!!!

Another gloriously sunny fall day here, cool nights and warmer days! But I hear that it will get colder next week, so it's enjoy it while we have it.

Catching up - what a week.

Even though I am too late: wishing Jeanette and Kelly safe travels and great adventures!

Jeanette: So sorry to learn of your continuing blogger problems. I visited your blog but could not find where to leave a comment - so just let me say here:
I loved your Treasure Hunt post and those eyelashes!!! Really made me giggle!

Maxine: how are you feeling these days? and how is DH doing? Praying that you both improve each day.

Maggie: I sent you a birthday card, but fear it was mailed late...but maybe happy mail is happy mail, any time that it arrives?

I bought some watercolor paper in a big pad at Staples many years ago and I still use it. Works great & was much cheaper than SU. Maybe I will play with watercoloring today, it's been a while.

Fighting a cold/sinus type of crud. Managing to keep it from getting terrible, but what a nuisance. Kids are coming over today to work on the shed. Hopefully we can get it finished this weekend. Husband started it 3.5 years ago. So...you can imagine how happy I will be to actually USE the dang thing!

Wishing you all well and hoping to pop back in here again soon.
Luv & {{Hugs}}
__________________
Darlene
Bijou's Blog

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
luvcardmaking is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:46 AM   #6454
Gabfest Goddess
 
luvcardmaking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Southeast of Disorder
Posts: 7,073
Default

Oh, I almost forgot:
Blogger has been unreliable for me with scheduled posts for almost a year now. Never can figure out why. Everything is scheduled correctly, and about 90% of the time it just never publishes. Soooo annoying.

Havent had any of the other issues that you all have had (yet).
__________________
Darlene
Bijou's Blog

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
luvcardmaking is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:46 AM   #6455
Forum Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: West of Chicago
Posts: 9,935
Default

Morning! This is the last time I will get back on her before I head home! My Dad is mad at me today- I put a bunch of jewels (self adhesive) on the microwave and stove numbers and told him he should be able to run the microwave and turn the oven on himself..... As he has poor vision, he would not always need my Mom to do it for him. He has been in his room all morning giving me the silent treatment. He is really pouting that my Mom is off painting and he is stuck at home.

I have used a Jig saw for my first time and wired a lamp yesterday- never have done that before either....I am going to head home much smarter than I was when I got here!

Kelly and Jeanette- safe travels! I will pray for good traffic and health!

Darlene- awesome to get the shed up and going! Nothing like being able to cross those big items off the 'done' list!

Lynn- I have not had that issue- as long as I hit Publish, it goes up whe it is supposed to. I usually use it for my Mon night Sweet STamps post- so weekly.....

Maggie- sounds like another fun filled weekend for you! Happy Birthday early! How will you get the cat to go in his carrier??? I hope the ear mites are all gone- ewwwww!

Maxine- sounds like you got alot accomplished yesterday- fun, fun!

I played a little as well- got the house clean, the laundry caught up.....The dinner I made last PM was terrible! I bough Pork ribs, and they were really tough and full of fat. My Dad is really missing Mom's cooking! We will go out to dinner tonight : )

I ordered from Oozak a long time ago- very quick service. I recently found reinkers on sale at Joann with free shipping, so I ordered MANY of them- what a great buy- they were $5.something..... I also got Neenah from McMahon Five and have enough to last me a while......!

Waving hello to all! and Goodbye- see you Monday!

Shelly
__________________
DT for Technique Junkies
DT for Sweet Stamps
My Blog-My Creative Rumblings
mcschmidty is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:00 AM   #6456
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,978
Default

So glad this isn't just me on the blogger issue! Weird to say the least! This didn't start until last week so no idea what's happening. It just has to be with blogger though Maxine since I don't do the Google plus thing. Oh well..........I'm much to old to worry about stuff like this.

Darlene, hope y'all get the shed finished today. That'll be a plus for sure! Hope you start feeling better!!!! How's the weather up your way? We actually got pretty chilly/windy today. Suppose to be in the 40's tonight. I swear we went straight from summer to winter!

Shelly (the handy man!!!!!) That's great that you did all the manly type stuff!! I think we should all learn how to do things like this. Sorry you're getting the silent treatment from your dad! Guys can be funny like that sometimes. Have a safe trip home tomorrow! Know you'll be glad to get back in your own little bed!

Nothing planned around here for the day. It's a shame I don't live closer Darlene or I'd come help with the shed!

Have a good day.
__________________
My Blog: Creative Crafts by Lynn
Design For: Digi Haven
Design For: Tuesday Throwdown
jimlynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:08 AM   #6457
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 131,224
Default

Good afternoon.

Everything went well taking Corey to the vet this morning, except for the fact that he did not want to be cooperative once we were there. He was all over the exam room until they finally got him back in his carrier so they could get him out again to get his shots. He ended up getting 3, the 2 he was supposed to get and then she gave him an early rabies shot so I wouldn't have to bring him back in another month or so for that one. She also put some medicine in his ears in addition to the shot for mites. She thought that would help clear them up sooner. I made an appt for Casper for Nov. 2 for his B-12 shot and I'll probably go ahead and get his rabies shot also. Then they will both be done for a long time unless some other issue comes up.

After I got him home, I went off to get the car gassed up, went by the bank and then off to get groceries. When I got home, I felt so tired. Not sure why except I did not sleep well last night - woke up about 4 times even though I took some Melatonin each time. Trying to decide if I want to go find a frame for a print I just bought from a FB friend who is an artist.

I'll probably have a College football game on this afternoon - BYU is here in Houston playing UH.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:10 AM   #6458
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 131,224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Happy early birthday Maggie! I'm sure I'll be telling you again later - but hope you have a great day on Sunday with your family!

Good luck with Corey at the vet tomorrow. He'll be fine and you can get rid of the ear mites if that's what it is.

Thanks for the hint about Oozak.........I went over and ordered a Copic refills and also one die. They were really sold out of a bunch of stuff as it was a great sale! I WILL be ordering from them again!!!!!!!!!!

I finished one card today and have no idea where the rest of the day went! Couldn't g0 to sleep last night until about 3:00 and ended up sleeping til 9:00 this morning!!!! Half the day felt like it was already gone!

Maxine, glad the meds seem to be kicking in now. Hope this knocks it out completely!

I've got something very weird going on with my blog - maybe y'all can help. This has happened on my last two posts..........I'll schedule it to go off at a certain time and do just like I've always done - schedule it, put the date and time in, hit done, and then publish. I look over under the "edit" and it says it's scheduled just fine. At the time it's suppose to publish, he comes up just fine on my blog...............HOWEVER, it doesn't show up on anyone's dashboard! I go back to the post and do "edit" again and hit "update" and it shows up on the dashboard!!!!!!!! Any ideas on this???????? I swear it's possessed!!!!! Need help!
Thank you.

What was it with the sleep issues?

I haven't had any problems so far with my blog < knocks on wood >. Of course, I was one of the few that didn't have any issues with the PSC Yahoo group either. So weird all the stuff going on.

__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:31 AM   #6459
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 131,224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcardmaking View Post
Hello - Hello!!!

Another gloriously sunny fall day here, cool nights and warmer days! But I hear that it will get colder next week, so it's enjoy it while we have it.

Catching up - what a week.

Even though I am too late: wishing Jeanette and Kelly safe travels and great adventures!

Jeanette: So sorry to learn of your continuing blogger problems. I visited your blog but could not find where to leave a comment - so just let me say here:
I loved your Treasure Hunt post and those eyelashes!!! Really made me giggle!

Maxine: how are you feeling these days? and how is DH doing? Praying that you both improve each day.

Maggie: I sent you a birthday card, but fear it was mailed late...but maybe happy mail is happy mail, any time that it arrives?

I bought some watercolor paper in a big pad at Staples many years ago and I still use it. Works great & was much cheaper than SU. Maybe I will play with watercoloring today, it's been a while.

Fighting a cold/sinus type of crud. Managing to keep it from getting terrible, but what a nuisance. Kids are coming over today to work on the shed. Hopefully we can get it finished this weekend. Husband started it 3.5 years ago. So...you can imagine how happy I will be to actually USE the dang thing!

Wishing you all well and hoping to pop back in here again soon.
Luv & {{Hugs}}
Sorry about your cold/sinus thing. I hope it clears up soon. Good luck with the kids to get that shed finished up.

No worries about the card. Birthday is tomorrow and happy mail is welcome whenever it comes.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:37 AM   #6460
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 131,224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
Morning! This is the last time I will get back on her before I head home! My Dad is mad at me today- I put a bunch of jewels (self adhesive) on the microwave and stove numbers and told him he should be able to run the microwave and turn the oven on himself..... As he has poor vision, he would not always need my Mom to do it for him. He has been in his room all morning giving me the silent treatment. He is really pouting that my Mom is off painting and he is stuck at home.

I have used a Jig saw for my first time and wired a lamp yesterday- never have done that before either....I am going to head home much smarter than I was when I got here!

Kelly and Jeanette- safe travels! I will pray for good traffic and health!

Darlene- awesome to get the shed up and going! Nothing like being able to cross those big items off the 'done' list!

Lynn- I have not had that issue- as long as I hit Publish, it goes up whe it is supposed to. I usually use it for my Mon night Sweet STamps post- so weekly.....

Maggie- sounds like another fun filled weekend for you! Happy Birthday early! How will you get the cat to go in his carrier??? I hope the ear mites are all gone- ewwwww!

Maxine- sounds like you got alot accomplished yesterday- fun, fun!

I played a little as well- got the house clean, the laundry caught up.....The dinner I made last PM was terrible! I bough Pork ribs, and they were really tough and full of fat. My Dad is really missing Mom's cooking! We will go out to dinner tonight : )

I ordered from Oozak a long time ago- very quick service. I recently found reinkers on sale at Joann with free shipping, so I ordered MANY of them- what a great buy- they were $5.something..... I also got Neenah from McMahon Five and have enough to last me a while......!

Waving hello to all! and Goodbye- see you Monday!

Shelly
Sounds like Dad likes having people wait on him and not doing for himself. I'm sure he'll get over his funk. Just give him time to get used to the idea and he'll probably be grateful to be able to do for himself.

Yah for you. I've always wanted a circular saw but never bought one. I don't think I will now. Earlier in my life, I would have used it.

Thanks for the b'day wishes. I had the carrier all ready and open in the garage so this morning when I got up and Corey is all lovey dovey, I was able to just pick him up, hold him close and take him out and put him in the carrier. He wasn't happy with me -- hissed at me and was not happy with the vet either. When we got home though I left him in the garage for a minute while I came in and turned the alarm off and go the plates out for the kitty breakfast. I thought it would be good to wait until we got home so he'd have something good to look forward too. It worked out. When I got the food ready, he was sitting in the bedroom looking out my way. I called him and showed him the food, so he did come out and that way he felt better and stayed out with the others when he was done eating.

I went in and laid in my bed a little while ago and ended up with all 4 of them in bed with me and Casper was crawling all over me trying to snuggle.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:30 AM   #6461
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,978
Default

Morning!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Maggie!! Hope you have a beautiful and fun day.
__________________
My Blog: Creative Crafts by Lynn
Design For: Digi Haven
Design For: Tuesday Throwdown
jimlynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:39 AM   #6462
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 131,224
Default

Good morning Stamp Addicts!

I've got my first card up on my blog for the new Design Team - One Stitch at at Time and I have my 2nd card already done.

Thanks Lynn. I'm celebrating with DD and family today, but tomorrow is the actual day.

I hope to do some more crafting today.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:27 AM   #6463
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,978
Default

I was wondering why your birthday hadn't come up in my yahoo calendar today!! Duh.......well, have a good day and a happy birthday tomarrow! lOL!
__________________
My Blog: Creative Crafts by Lynn
Design For: Digi Haven
Design For: Tuesday Throwdown
jimlynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:10 AM   #6464
Pearl-ExPert
 
Kiwime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 2,714
Default

As it is tomorrow here

Happy Birthday

Maggie
__________________
Philippians 1:6 - I am a work in progress!
I Design for CCC Digi Challenge and Creative Craft Cottage Challenge
My Blog: http://kiwimeskreations.blogspot.com/
Kiwime is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 02:37 PM   #6465
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,978
Default

I've got footballs bouncing around in my head! First of all I watched a couple of game yesterday with Jim and then today watched Dallas!!! When Houston started playing I lasted about 30 minutes and finally said enough is enough! Going crazy!!! LOL!!!

Hope everyone is having a good evening.
__________________
My Blog: Creative Crafts by Lynn
Design For: Digi Haven
Design For: Tuesday Throwdown
jimlynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:27 PM   #6466
Forum Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: West of Chicago
Posts: 9,935
Default Hi

Can you believe that there is Wi Fi on the Megabus? Hehehe So, I thought I's check in...... seriously- this is something to me!

Well, Dad laid back down and slept till noon, would not let me give him lunch either- had cereal, then he chilled out later on. I did not take it personally. I talked to him again about putting the rhinestones with stickybacks on the microwave, the stove, etc.....He made popcorn himself when I was out of the house getting Mom's stuff from the China show, then when I came back he decided it might be a good idea to put some on the on and off button on the phones as well. So,it turned out well.

I WON a platter from the China painting show- I gave MOM $20.00 and I won a platter one of the teachers painted.

Maggie- glad it worked out well with getting the cat in the carrier today!

Lynn- that is mighty cold for ya'll! I hear we may have snow flurries in the next couple of days!

Darlene- hope you got the shed finished- wish you were closer- I would come help too- learn more 'boy' skills : )

Ok- going to sign off before I loose connection- be back tomorrow!

Shelly
__________________
DT for Technique Junkies
DT for Sweet Stamps
My Blog-My Creative Rumblings
mcschmidty is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:52 PM   #6467
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,978
Default

What's a megabus?
Glad your dad finally saw what you what trying to do!! He may turn into an excellent cook now!
Are you on your way home?
Wow on your win! I know it's beautiful.
We were down to 47 this morning. Pretty chilly but were fine.
__________________
My Blog: Creative Crafts by Lynn
Design For: Digi Haven
Design For: Tuesday Throwdown
jimlynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:30 AM   #6468
Gabfest Goddess
 
luvcardmaking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Southeast of Disorder
Posts: 7,073
Default

Morning, & happy Monday. (you know I'm kidding, right?!)

Maggie: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope that your dinner last night was nice and that today you are treated special - since you ARE!

Shelly: is the bus ride finished and you are home now? Glad that you didn't take your father's grumpiness to heart. He sounds like my dad. Sounds like he came around though. Woo wee on winning that platter. Share pics if you can, I'd love to see it.



Well, it took ALL DAY yesterday...and we're not even going to talk about how much wasted CS...and abandoned ideas...and how many different stamp sets and embossing folders are out...the number of discarded die cuts...but I FINALLY made 2 cards yesterday! Woo wee, broke the creative slump! hahaha They're CAS but at least it's SOMETHING. LOL (not sure that they are even blog-worthy though... )

I kept going outside to continue the Fall clean up & weeding of the perennial garden. So at least there is something to show for my time.

Great progress was made on the shed. Shingles are on the roof, cedar siding and trim work done on 3 sides. Leaves just the back siding and 2 barn doors for the end opening left to do. And a ramp up to the side with the barn doors. That way the mower & snow blower can go in and out. Yay!

Well, it's about time for me to get into my work brain. So I'll be signing off for now. Wishing everyone a great day today.
__________________
Darlene
Bijou's Blog

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
luvcardmaking is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:29 AM   #6469
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 131,224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
As it is tomorrow here

Happy Birthday

Maggie
Thank you Maxine!
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:30 AM   #6470
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 131,224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
I've got footballs bouncing around in my head! First of all I watched a couple of game yesterday with Jim and then today watched Dallas!!! When Houston started playing I lasted about 30 minutes and finally said enough is enough! Going crazy!!! LOL!!!

Hope everyone is having a good evening.
You didn't miss much with the Houston game unless you were rooting for the other side since they lost again!
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:39 AM   #6471
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 131,224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
Can you believe that there is Wi Fi on the Megabus? Hehehe So, I thought I's check in...... seriously- this is something to me!

Well, Dad laid back down and slept till noon, would not let me give him lunch either- had cereal, then he chilled out later on. I did not take it personally. I talked to him again about putting the rhinestones with stickybacks on the microwave, the stove, etc.....He made popcorn himself when I was out of the house getting Mom's stuff from the China show, then when I came back he decided it might be a good idea to put some on the on and off button on the phones as well. So,it turned out well.

I WON a platter from the China painting show- I gave MOM $20.00 and I won a platter one of the teachers painted.

Maggie- glad it worked out well with getting the cat in the carrier today!

Lynn- that is mighty cold for ya'll! I hear we may have snow flurries in the next couple of days!

Darlene- hope you got the shed finished- wish you were closer- I would come help too- learn more 'boy' skills : )

Ok- going to sign off before I loose connection- be back tomorrow!

Shelly
WOO HOO on your China platter win.

Glad to hear that your dad had a change of heart with the stickers on the oven and microwave and on the phone. It just took a little bit of time for him to think it over and see what a great idea it was for him.

Yikes! Snow flurries!
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:44 AM   #6472
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 131,224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcardmaking View Post
Morning, & happy Monday. (you know I'm kidding, right?!)

Maggie: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope that your dinner last night was nice and that today you are treated special - since you ARE!

Shelly: is the bus ride finished and you are home now? Glad that you didn't take your father's grumpiness to heart. He sounds like my dad. Sounds like he came around though. Woo wee on winning that platter. Share pics if you can, I'd love to see it.

Well, it took ALL DAY yesterday...and we're not even going to talk about how much wasted CS...and abandoned ideas...and how many different stamp sets and embossing folders are out...the number of discarded die cuts...but I FINALLY made 2 cards yesterday! Woo wee, broke the creative slump! hahaha They're CAS but at least it's SOMETHING. LOL (not sure that they are even blog-worthy though... )

I kept going outside to continue the Fall clean up & weeding of the perennial garden. So at least there is something to show for my time.

Great progress was made on the shed. Shingles are on the roof, cedar siding and trim work done on 3 sides. Leaves just the back siding and 2 barn doors for the end opening left to do. And a ramp up to the side with the barn doors. That way the mower & snow blower can go in and out. Yay!

Well, it's about time for me to get into my work brain. So I'll be signing off for now. Wishing everyone a great day today.
Thank you Darlene. I did have a lovely time and my DGC are just the sweetest ever. My DGS always makes me a special card for the occasion and he didn't skip this year. My DGD actually wrote her own sweet note in the card that my DD made for me. So lovely.

Yeah for getting some cards done! and good going on the garden. I have got roses that need trimming and a lantana plant that is going wild. It looks like a shrub.

Good going on the shed. Just about done and happy home for your yard equipment.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:07 AM   #6473
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,978
Default

Happy Birthday once again Maggie! Nothing like being able to celebrate it for several days! LOL! Glad you had a good time yesterday with some of your family. Saw all the pics on FB but it wasn't letting me comment, etc....weird going-ons!

Darlene, sounds good about the shed! Now see, if all of us had been there to help, we could have gotten it whipped out in no time - yea, right! We would have been too busy chatting! Glad you got a couple of cards made too. That's always relaxing.

Off to try and craft a bit this afternoon - wish me luck since I'm just not in the mood at all - but then again, I haven't been in the mood lately! Grrrrrr...........
__________________
My Blog: Creative Crafts by Lynn
Design For: Digi Haven
Design For: Tuesday Throwdown
jimlynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:59 PM   #6474
Forum Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: West of Chicago
Posts: 9,935
Default Hello

It is so nice to be home! I had big plans to papercraft today, and just got a tag done for a DT for posting tonight......need a little more MoJo!

Maggie- hope you had a great Birthday!!!

Darlene- so glad you did get some Mojo and also glad you made such alot of progress on the shed! We have a shed, but the lock is no longer functioning, so the lawn mower and snow blower stay in the garage...... I am going to have to nag..... : )

Lynn, hope your teeth are not chattering!!! The Megabus is a double decker bus (ride) that stops only in big cities- so from Cinici to Chicago- one stop in Indy and it took 5 hours. Imagine gas is $80.00 a tank and the ticket was $36.00. Since hubby left after the wedding on Tues, I thought it was a better way to go than an expensive plane ride...... The first 4 people that buy tickets- $1.00, then they go up to $4.00 then $15........ there were NO open seats on the bus- it was packed......

Hope everyone is well- Maxine- taking it easy, Jeanette on the road and Paige- papercrafting swaps or holding a baby: )

I am going to attach a picture of the platter I won from the China show.....

Shelly
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0396.jpg (33.8 KB, 6 views)
__________________
DT for Technique Junkies
DT for Sweet Stamps
My Blog-My Creative Rumblings
mcschmidty is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:01 PM   #6475
Pearl-ExPert
 
Kiwime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 2,714
Default

Oh what a beautiful plate Shelly well done on the win!!

We have buses here that have Wifi on board - I travelled near the end of the life of my last laptop, and it would not hold a charge for long enough to be of any use.

I am being good and taking life quietly - and reading lots
__________________
Philippians 1:6 - I am a work in progress!
I Design for CCC Digi Challenge and Creative Craft Cottage Challenge
My Blog: http://kiwimeskreations.blogspot.com/
Kiwime is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:28 PM   #6476
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,978
Default

Shelly, glad you're home safe and sound! Any snow up that way? The plate you won is gorgeous!!! WOW!

I've really never heard of a bus like that - COOL! All we have down this way are your typical Greyhound buses. The megabus is much less expensive too. I'll go for that for sure. Really if you stop and consider how early you have to get to an airport and all that these days, 5 hours for the bus ride is not bad at all!

Maxine, glad you're taking it easy now. Just give all of this some time and know you'll feel so much better. Hope those meds are still working too.
__________________
My Blog: Creative Crafts by Lynn
Design For: Digi Haven
Design For: Tuesday Throwdown
jimlynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:24 AM   #6477
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 131,224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Happy Birthday once again Maggie! Nothing like being able to celebrate it for several days! LOL! Glad you had a good time yesterday with some of your family. Saw all the pics on FB but it wasn't letting me comment, etc....weird going-ons!

Darlene, sounds good about the shed! Now see, if all of us had been there to help, we could have gotten it whipped out in no time - yea, right! We would have been too busy chatting! Glad you got a couple of cards made too. That's always relaxing.

Off to try and craft a bit this afternoon - wish me luck since I'm just not in the mood at all - but then again, I haven't been in the mood lately! Grrrrrr...........
Thanks again Lynn.

Yes, FB was not playing nice yesterday morning. A lot of people were having that problem including me.

Good luck with your crafting. I started working on a card last night . It'll be a little scene card. I hope it turns out the same way I see it in my head.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:26 AM   #6478
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 131,224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
It is so nice to be home! I had big plans to papercraft today, and just got a tag done for a DT for posting tonight......need a little more MoJo!

Maggie- hope you had a great Birthday!!!

Darlene- so glad you did get some Mojo and also glad you made such alot of progress on the shed! We have a shed, but the lock is no longer functioning, so the lawn mower and snow blower stay in the garage...... I am going to have to nag..... : )

Lynn, hope your teeth are not chattering!!! The Megabus is a double decker bus (ride) that stops only in big cities- so from Cinici to Chicago- one stop in Indy and it took 5 hours. Imagine gas is $80.00 a tank and the ticket was $36.00. Since hubby left after the wedding on Tues, I thought it was a better way to go than an expensive plane ride...... The first 4 people that buy tickets- $1.00, then they go up to $4.00 then $15........ there were NO open seats on the bus- it was packed......

Hope everyone is well- Maxine- taking it easy, Jeanette on the road and Paige- papercrafting swaps or holding a baby: )

I am going to attach a picture of the platter I won from the China show.....

Shelly
Interesting bus ride and way they charge. It is a big savings. The platter you won is so gorgeous! Are you going to display it somewhere?

Birthday was great! Enjoyed the day and evening.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:34 AM   #6479
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,978
Default

Morning everyone!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you have a great day.
__________________
My Blog: Creative Crafts by Lynn
Design For: Digi Haven
Design For: Tuesday Throwdown
jimlynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:54 AM   #6480
Stazon Splitcoast
 
MiamiKel4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Miami by location, Germany by Heart
Posts: 20,492
Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4
Heart



Hi girls! We are HOME! Exhausted, but home! 600+ miles of driving and I did all of it! I'm so proud. I don't normally drive past my regular route of 10 miles outside my house radius, lol. Little man had a wonderful time!! He was well enough to handle the trip - thankful for nebulizer txs and steroids! We all had fun but you know how it is, you need a vacation from your vacation

Sadly, this week is CAH-RAZY!!!!!!! Being sick and behind and missing school, then a 'play day' for vacation, ds has so much school work to catch up on!! DD16 has Opera this week, including today and tomorrow in which she is the lead and I won't be there to see it Little man also has Spelling Bee regionals as he was the last one standing to represent 3rd grade! So proud of him! AND, his black belt mid term testing is this Saturday and it includes weapons this round (apparently, they have to complete a cycle of 6 ... so it's never ending, it seems!)

I missed a birthday! Miss Margaret!!!!!! Happy blessed Birthday Maggie I hope your day was as splendid as you are to all of us, my friend. Muah!

Shel, what a positively gorgeous win!! What a treasure! And to have been there and win with your mom - what a joy My mom collected Hummels from our years in Germany and Wedgewood from her life/our living in England ... and she gifted me a few of her blue Wedgewood plates a few years ago. They are my pride and joy in my china cabinet

Maxine, how are you love? All healed up? You are in my prayers, as is your dh!

Crafting?! What's that!!!!!!! LOL! I'm starting to think I need to just start all over in the new year and forget it for the rest of this one! I volunteer x2 days a week at my son's school so that takes away from my morning craft time, too, plus the regular room mom events and classroom things ...

OH!!! Some good news! Thank you for your kind words and good thoughts for dd18 - while on vacation, she got a call from the director of operations from her interview withing 24 hrs and said the job was hers! She said she felt good about it and was so happy. We laid down the law and told her that college comes first, no exceptions. She has to keep up with her classes/grades ... we don't even really want her to work but I think she feels she needs to to start making her own way in the world, so we are willing to do a trial basis. She's so happy
__________________
~Kelly~
*My little blog*
Designing for: Riley and Company Stamps Cornish Heritage Farms Just For Fun Rubber Stamps
MiamiKel4 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off