Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2013, 07:01 AM   #6361
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
Good morning, although it is almost afternoon. i have a couple of questions for you:

Does anyone have the Tim Holtz drill punch, and if so does it work well? Have you tried it on bottle caps?

For my next question I have to preface that my DH can barely change a light bulb, so he doesn't own a lot of tools. I am wanting to drill holes in dominoes. What do I need to do that? A drill obviously, but what size drill bit?

Any help will be appreciated.

Hope you are all having a relaxing Sunday.

Tomorrow is Columbus Day...anyone know if banks and post offices are closed?
Sorry, Paige, but I don't know anything about those tools that you're talking about.

Our banks are closed today and probably the PO. I think some schools are closed also. I know my DGC are out of school today.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-14-2013, 07:07 AM   #6362
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
Hi girls

Shelly that wedding sounds beautiful - enjoy your time away

Maggie Casper sounds a real problem - hope you can get to the bottom of it soon.

Does anyone have any experience with the Close To My Heart inks (or products generally) ? My SIL is offering me some .........
LOL! Not sure if you intended that as a pun or not Maxine, but funny anyway. He's doing better this morning thank you. Still having issues, but at least he's getting him "bottom" over the litter in the litter box.

Nope, I had a friend that used to sell it years ago and I had bought some things from her, but haven't in a number of years.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-14-2013, 07:18 AM   #6363
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Maxine, I started out using the Close to my Heart stamps and ink. I always thought that most of their products were geared more toward scrapbooking instead of cards. If you can get a catalog or look on line maybe you can tell more about it. I haven't used them in years and know their products have probably changed a lot. I loved most all of them and the papers are great! I DO still use some of the stamps and like them. As far as the ink.....never able to get very good coverage with them - but then that just may be me. I loved their Archival Black ink - and then discovered Momento and Versa black. I have all my CTMH ink pads packed away - and they're probably dry by now. I use mainly SU ink pads and find they're ok. I'm still having trouble getting used to the new ones though because they're so juicy. I've been wanting to try some different ink pads - Color Box, etc....but just haven't invested in that yet. I did see that someone said they loved the Color Box red one.
Don't know if that helps or not.
I don't like the new SU ink pads either. Wonder whose brilliant idea it was to change them up.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-14-2013, 07:52 AM   #6364
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Oh I am confused ...... The new SU pads, as in the brand new In Colors? They are too juicy? They aren't the same as before? The last ones I bought were the in Colors where it was the Marina Mist, Cajon Craze, Daffodil and Expresso and something else - LOL! I LOVED those colors so much I bought the ink pads to match - haven't bought any sense though because I have so many with similiar colors.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:34 AM   #6365
Die Cut Diva

Sounds like everyone had a good weekend!!!!!!!!!!!

The SU ink pads and other ink pads.........Good DISCUSSION OF THE WEEK!!!!!
Old 10-14-2013, 09:53 AM   #6366
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Old 10-14-2013, 10:37 AM   #6367
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
Oh I am confused ...... The new SU pads, as in the brand new In Colors? They are too juicy? They aren't the same as before? The last ones I bought were the in Colors where it was the Marina Mist, Cajon Craze, Daffodil and Expresso and something else - LOL! I LOVED those colors so much I bought the ink pads to match - haven't bought any sense though because I have so many with similiar colors.
I love the colors too, but don't like the spongey kind of pad they are using now. It's too juicy. I used to be able to color my white seam binding by holding it down on top of the pad and pulling it through under my finger, but you can't do that with these pads.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-14-2013, 10:38 AM   #6368
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I use the SU pads that I haven't, but haven't used the new ones very much yet. Mostly I use Memento Black or Dark Cocoa. I don't have much that I need to stamp in a solid color.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-14-2013, 11:21 AM   #6369
Die Cut Diva

Has anyone tried Color Box, Hero Arts Shadow Inks, or any other ones?
Old 10-14-2013, 12:56 PM   #6370
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, I'm back from a scooter session with my son at the park, and apparently he had an allergic reaction to grass?!! I know it's common, and makes people itchy, but he broke out in huge welts - had to get him home and some benadryl into him, it was awful!

Now dd14 is studying for a huge test tomorrow, dd16 is in rehearsal and needs picking up and dd18 isn't answering her phone to go get her, rofl. Guess it's me - YAY! I wish the kids in public school matched the private schools, it would be so much easier!
Old 10-14-2013, 07:35 PM   #6371
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Boy Kelly- such excitement- and scary to have a child break out in hives! My allergist tells me, " Your body is a bucket- when you have outdoor allergies- mold, ragweed, weeds in bloom and then you add regular things you may be a little allergic to that usually do not bother you.....your bucket overflows- then you have symptoms- some have a stuffy nose, others have hives......" I have been lucky so far this season, but feeling it on/off.

I was having trouble getting on the internet- the internet connection would be on, then randomly shut off....My Dad would go check and his computer was working and connecting up just fine. Well, You can tell on your phone if you are on the internet or not, so I showed my Dad and hubby that the bars were off and it said I was connected to the network @ my folks, but no internet connection. So, Hubby checked it and - Dad set up his router on the same plug in connected to the light switch- so if the light switch is off, so is the router...... So, we got that straightened out and now all is well. Oh Boy.... The simple things are hard, and the hard things are easy!

I have a few different types of inks- the Colorbox I have are all Pigment inks in Wheels- I do not use them much, so gave them to my Mom.

I do have Colorbox Chalk inks- they are so soft and pretty- but I do not use them much. For no good reason really, just don't.....they are not stored closely to where I create maybe.

I love the Tim Holtz Distress inks and markers- great colors. I use SU inks and think the same thing about the newer pads- you have to tap lightly on them and they are juicier- not sure I love them. I also use Spots from Sweet Stamps- the colors match Coordinations cardstocks which they carry as well.

I have never heard of Hero Arts Shadow Inks.

I am going to sign off- helping Mom again tonight.

Have a fab work week to all- I will check in again hopefully tomorrow night : )

Shelly
mschoener likes this post.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:12 AM   #6372
Pearl-ExPert

Hi girls - have had a fairly busy day, and ended it by going up to the local hospital again - turns out I have an infection They gave me a large dose of IV antibiotics, and tomorrow I go up to the main hospital (Waikato) to the gynae dept - I was warned that they will probably admit me, so have packed a bag tonight.

Thankfully my Sister in law will take me up - DH is due there on Thursday morning for an eye clinic appointment, so he has had to ring his brother to take him to that... never rains but it pours at the moment!!

I did manage to go to my card class (friend took it for me, again) and enjoyed the afternoon before I realised what was happening

I may not be here for a day or so now - will let you know when I am home again...
waving farewell, and for those of you who are praying folk, I would appreciate some prayers, thanks in advance.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:20 AM   #6373
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Oh dear... take care of yourself, Maxine! Sorry you're not doing well! Hugs!!!

Inks.................... interesting topic. I absolutely LOVE the new juicy SU pads! I don't own any, but have used them at card club and think they're fantastic!!! My only experience with the CTMH ones was at the stamp class I took in St. Louis last year. Even thee teacher of the event said they were hard to open... and man! She was right about that. I couldn't hardly get them open. I use Memento and Versafine for my black of choice... Memento if I'm coloring, Versafine for sentiments. For colors I have SU, Amuse, Memento, and some others, too.
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: The Forest in the Fall
Old 10-15-2013, 06:51 AM   #6374
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Shell, thank you for your words of wisdom here. My son does have 'seasonal allergies' and we in fact didn't hit on that until 2 years ago! I took him in to the peds again and he flipped open his chart and said do you realize you've been here every Spring and Every fall, EVERY year?! Yikes! But the grass was scary - he's never had that reaction, like HUGE welts, big red bumps everywhere like he sat in an antpile ..... but you are a genious, I never connected the two with his other allergies and maybe it's just overly exaggerated right now ....... thanks, hun! I'll keep a closer eye on him and make sure we have his meds in the car next time (we do carry the epi pen)

WAY TO GO on getting the internet back on (and off and on and off!) at M & D's house - that's not meant to be funny, but you don't know how many times my kids have bailed me out with this whole internet thing! I'll be struggling, they'll come in and say you have to do this this and this! And it works. Kids!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
Oh Boy Kelly- such excitement- and scary to have a child break out in hives! My allergist tells me, " Your body is a bucket- when you have outdoor allergies- mold, ragweed, weeds in bloom and then you add regular things you may be a little allergic to that usually do not bother you.....your bucket overflows- then you have symptoms- some have a stuffy nose, others have hives......" I have been lucky so far this season, but feeling it on/off.

I was having trouble getting on the internet- the internet connection would be on, then randomly shut off....My Dad would go check and his computer was working and connecting up just fine. Well, You can tell on your phone if you are on the internet or not, so I showed my Dad and hubby that the bars were off and it said I was connected to the network @ my folks, but no internet connection. So, Hubby checked it and - Dad set up his router on the same plug in connected to the light switch- so if the light switch is off, so is the router...... So, we got that straightened out and now all is well. Oh Boy.... The simple things are hard, and the hard things are easy!

I have a few different types of inks- the Colorbox I have are all Pigment inks in Wheels- I do not use them much, so gave them to my Mom.

I do have Colorbox Chalk inks- they are so soft and pretty- but I do not use them much. For no good reason really, just don't.....they are not stored closely to where I create maybe.

I love the Tim Holtz Distress inks and markers- great colors. I use SU inks and think the same thing about the newer pads- you have to tap lightly on them and they are juicier- not sure I love them. I also use Spots from Sweet Stamps- the colors match Coordinations cardstocks which they carry as well.

I have never heard of Hero Arts Shadow Inks.

I am going to sign off- helping Mom again tonight.

Have a fab work week to all- I will check in again hopefully tomorrow night : )

Shelly
Old 10-15-2013, 06:52 AM   #6375
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Maxine ((((((((( Many hugs and prayers! )))))))) Bless your heart! I'm so glad you have someone helping you out with this and you're not going to be going there by yourself. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you and yo uare right where you are supposed to be, so get well and speedy recovery!

xoxo
Quote:
Hi girls - have had a fairly busy day, and ended it by going up to the local hospital again - turns out I have an infection They gave me a large dose of IV antibiotics, and tomorrow I go up to the main hospital (Waikato) to the gynae dept - I was warned that they will probably admit me, so have packed a bag tonight.

Thankfully my Sister in law will take me up - DH is due there on Thursday morning for an eye clinic appointment, so he has had to ring his brother to take him to that... never rains but it pours at the moment!!

I did manage to go to my card class (friend took it for me, again) and enjoyed the afternoon before I realised what was happening

I may not be here for a day or so now - will let you know when I am home again...
waving farewell, and for those of you who are praying folk, I would appreciate some prayers, thanks in advance.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:21 AM   #6376
Stazon Splitcoast

And good morning, all!!!!!!

Old 10-15-2013, 08:23 AM   #6377
Die Cut Diva

Quick check in here as we're on our way to the city for Jim to get more whacked out of his nose - skin cancer stuff. Not fun for him - or me!

Maxine, I'm so sorry to hear this! We'll be thinking about you and hope everything is ok. At least they got some meds in you so maybe they can get this infection stopped. Hang in there and get well quick!

I'll check in later today regarding our Discussion of the Week topic!
Old 10-15-2013, 08:58 AM   #6378
Stazon Splitcoast

Yikes- Maxine- Prayers headed your way!!! Jeepers! So glad you have help from loved ones during this time- and Feel Better ASAP!!!

Lynn- have a safe trip! I remember when we were younger and used Baby Oil as Suntan lotion- I just had a whole body check myself- eekks! Luckily- all is well for now. I hope you will get to stop at a crafty store for a quickie : )

Kelly- so scary when you have kids with allergies- mine seemed to outgrow them- well, they improved alot- not gone entirely, but remember the days of packing to go anywhere- and you needed a seperate bag for meds for allergies!

Waving hello to all!
Shelly
Old 10-15-2013, 10:33 AM   #6379
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Well, I'm back from a scooter session with my son at the park, and apparently he had an allergic reaction to grass?!! I know it's common, and makes people itchy, but he broke out in huge welts - had to get him home and some benadryl into him, it was awful!

Now dd14 is studying for a huge test tomorrow, dd16 is in rehearsal and needs picking up and dd18 isn't answering her phone to go get her, rofl. Guess it's me - YAY! I wish the kids in public school matched the private schools, it would be so much easier!
Yikes! I hope DS is okay today. I've never heard of an allergy to grass. That could be bad. Guess he doesn't mow the lawn.

I went out to eat with a GF a number of years ago and we went to a Cajun restaurant. Now, I'm not really enthused about Cajun food, but she wanted to go, so I went. I order a salad with shrimp and as I was eating it, I could feel my body breaking out into welts also. Lucky they didn't get real bad, but I had to go to the doctor the next day and get meds for it. I've never had Cajun food since then. I know it wasn't the shrimp because I've always eaten it before and since. I'm thinking it was probably some spice that they used in it that I had not ever had before.

Hope you were able to get everyone rounded up with no problems. It's hard to juggle those schedules sometimes.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-15-2013, 10:35 AM   #6380
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Maxine, so very sorry to hear that you are having more problems after your surgery. I hope that they can get the infection under control soon and you'll be able to get back home.

Glad that you were able to enjoy your card class before you went off to the hospital. At least you had that fun thing.

Get well!!!!!!!!!!!!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-15-2013, 10:37 AM   #6381
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Oh Shell, thank you for your words of wisdom here. My son does have 'seasonal allergies' and we in fact didn't hit on that until 2 years ago! I took him in to the peds again and he flipped open his chart and said do you realize you've been here every Spring and Every fall, EVERY year?! Yikes! But the grass was scary - he's never had that reaction, like HUGE welts, big red bumps everywhere like he sat in an antpile ..... but you are a genious, I never connected the two with his other allergies and maybe it's just overly exaggerated right now ....... thanks, hun! I'll keep a closer eye on him and make sure we have his meds in the car next time (we do carry the epi pen)

WAY TO GO on getting the internet back on (and off and on and off!) at M & D's house - that's not meant to be funny, but you don't know how many times my kids have bailed me out with this whole internet thing! I'll be struggling, they'll come in and say you have to do this this and this! And it works. Kids!
Glad DS is okay today.

How come kids are soooooooooo good at electronic gadgets???????????
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-15-2013, 10:38 AM   #6382
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Quick check in here as we're on our way to the city for Jim to get more whacked out of his nose - skin cancer stuff. Not fun for him - or me!

Maxine, I'm so sorry to hear this! We'll be thinking about you and hope everything is ok. At least they got some meds in you so maybe they can get this infection stopped. Hang in there and get well quick!

I'll check in later today regarding our Discussion of the Week topic!
Oh, poor Jim, but better safe than sorry. Those skin cancers can be really dangerous.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-15-2013, 10:40 AM   #6383
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Yikes- Maxine- Prayers headed your way!!! Jeepers! So glad you have help from loved ones during this time- and Feel Better ASAP!!!

Lynn- have a safe trip! I remember when we were younger and used Baby Oil as Suntan lotion- I just had a whole body check myself- eekks! Luckily- all is well for now. I hope you will get to stop at a crafty store for a quickie : )

Kelly- so scary when you have kids with allergies- mine seemed to outgrow them- well, they improved alot- not gone entirely, but remember the days of packing to go anywhere- and you needed a seperate bag for meds for allergies!

Waving hello to all!
Shelly
My girls used to do that even with me cautioning them not to. And then they'd get the ladder and climb up on the roof and sunbathe up there! Nothing like asking for trouble. Luckily, they outgrew that very fast and now are very cautious and use lots of sunscreen when they're out enjoying some activity in the sunshine.

My skin is so fair that I don't go in the sun unless I really have to. I burn very easily and will get sun blisters (like cold sores) on my lip. I use Carmex on my lips every day.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-15-2013, 04:11 PM   #6384
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you! He came home from school with a fever!!! Low grade, but still ........ lots of feeling yucky. Now he's on the nebulizer and getting some albuteral in his system, looks like I might be in some trouble for tomorrow. I had a dental cleaning appt tomorrow and a library assitance training at 3 pm - so unless dd is home from school, it's gonna be interesting for me - never a dull moment indeed!

NO Kidding on the baby oil - how about those tin foil, hand made sun catchers, lol! We'd sit in the lawn chairs with those on our laps bringing sun to our faces!!!

Big hugs for Jim, Lynn!

Quote:

Waving hello to all!
Shelly
Old 10-15-2013, 04:29 PM   #6385
Stazon Splitcoast

Me too - then again, we liked rooves for a lot of childhood activities! My irish twin brother was crazy! He'd tell me to look over the edge and me dumb enough to fall for everything he threw at me, would look and he would push me off! LOL! Or at the top of the flight of our stairs, he would put me on a piece of cardboard or a cardboard box and then he'd push - I'd end up upside down or sideways or some ungoshly angle!! he was a riot! And I loved it, thinking it was the coolest each time, LOL!! It's a wonder I survived at all, that crazy kid.

I'm like you, Maggie - very fair skinned and easily burned, not to mention cold sores Funny you mention that, I have one right now! A guy was looking at me in the store the other day and I could tell he was thinking "who hit you?" LOL! My lips SWELLS way up, it just doesn't get that little yucky thing!! But for me, carmex doesn't work so well, I have to buy Abreva - it's amazing!!!!!!!! The second I see one starting to form, boom ........ it keeps it under control

Hugs for Jim and all goes well!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
My girls used to do that even with me cautioning them not to. And then they'd get the ladder and climb up on the roof and sunbathe up there! Nothing like asking for trouble. Luckily, they outgrew that very fast and now are very cautious and use lots of sunscreen when they're out enjoying some activity in the sunshine.

My skin is so fair that I don't go in the sun unless I really have to. I burn very easily and will get sun blisters (like cold sores) on my lip. I use Carmex on my lips every day.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:59 PM   #6386
Pearl-ExPert

Home again after a long day....... another lot of IV antibiotics and home with a prescription for orals... spent 4 hours at the hospital, and then found my sister in laws car battery was flat, so that took another 3/4 of an hour before we got back on the road... I am exhausted!!
Old 10-16-2013, 03:23 AM   #6387
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Home again after a long day....... another lot of IV antibiotics and home with a prescription for orals... spent 4 hours at the hospital, and then found my sister in laws car battery was flat, so that took another 3/4 of an hour before we got back on the road... I am exhausted!!
Oh, what a long, rough day for you Maxine! I am praying that you are sleeping comfortably now and getting better with each passing hour.

{{HUGS}}

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 10-16-2013, 03:39 AM   #6388
Stazon Splitcoast

Hugs for Maxine!!!!!! And Darlene

mschoener and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:46 AM   #6389
Gabfest Goddess

Morning Addicted Friends!

Thanks for your outpouring of support for me. I can not express how you touched my heart!

I haven't read back too much, but did catch:

Kelly: hoping that today isn't too crazy and that DS is better soon! Scary stuff.

Lynn: saying a prayer for Jim & his procedure. You're right - not fun for either of you.

Maggie: you cracked me up with the line about Casper's bottom! LOL

Shelly: Grrrrr, those internet connection problems can be THE WORST. Glad that you conquered them!

DOTW:
I have the older style SU pads, in all of the colors. But I find that I use them less frequently as I really like to color images with my various pencils.

I adore VersaFine, have them in blue, brown, a pretty olive green and black. I find they give such a crisp image, especially with finely etched images. If watercoloring you do have to be careful though. But I've had no problems with pencils & Gamsol or with alcohol markers.

Use Colorbox for gold, silver, copper, white, etc. Especially for Christmas cards. I like to use one of these colors with matching embossing powder. Gives the image good coverage.

I have several sets of the A Muse Studios' ink pads, which sound similar to the new ones from SU. They're soft & very gooey. A whole different technique (for me) to use them effectively. I like them because I like to use clear embossing powder if not coloring an image. But I found that I still needed to use the VersaMark pad first, then the colored pad, then clear EP to get the affect desired.

Marvey has a new little square pad that I tried when visiting Jeanette & friends back in April this past year. I have one in brown and one in black. They are similar to Memento or VersaFine: a hard pad, with a good ink for fine details. The ink holds up to watercoloring, gamsol and alcohol markers, so thumbs up! Marvey Matchables (hope the link works)

Years ago I bought a little assortment of the chalk pads, in the small sampler-size. Never got the hang of them, probably not enough time to devote to learning them.

A couple of months back I bought some Tim Holtz distress pads in a few colors since they were on sale. I hope to experiment with them soon. I want to try to get the lovely background shading that you all achieve with them! We'll see

Holy cow...I sure rambled on here! Time for me to get scooting. Working a light schedule again today. Going out to lunch with a GF, looking forward to that.

Have a great day everyone!

Old 10-16-2013, 03:48 AM   #6390
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Hugs for Maxine!!!!!! And Darlene

Hey Kells - you popped in while I was typing my lonnnnngggg post. thanks for the hugs & all.

Hugs back to ya!

Old 10-16-2013, 05:32 AM   #6391

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

WOW! What a great morning! Maxine is home again (rest, my friend!), Darlene is here (love seeing you!) and Lynn, and Maggie, and Kelly and Garfield, too! WOO HOO!!

Last edited by Forest Ranger; 10-16-2013 at 06:04 AM..
Old 10-16-2013, 06:36 AM   #6392
Die Cut Diva

Finally back over here! We didn't get home until almost 7:00 last night and I was just too tired to think too much about computer stuff!
They finally got all of it on Jim's nose.......hopefully! They had to go really deep and so ended up having to graft some cartilage and skin from his ear on to his nose. Right now he's just bandaged up like a mummy. I get to play nurse for a couple of weeks and then we go back to have it checked. Our appointment was at 1:00 and we finally got out of there around 5:00. It took so long to run the biopsy's and then to stitch up the ear and the nose took over an hour!!! His nose looks like Frankenstiein's forehead. Not pretty at all!

I used to sunbathe too........for all it was worth! Being red headed and freckled, about all I even did was burn and peel and burn and peel. I DID look good though trying to sunbathe - until I started looking like a lobster! LOL!! I used to teach swimming and lifeguard all summer long - so you can just image what my skin looked like! One big freckle for sure!! I was always hoping they'd run together and give me a tan.

So glad everyone is popping in around here. I've been so bad with craziness going on but will try to do better in the future.

Maxine, glad you're finally back home! Take it easy. Get that infection under control!

Darlene, glad you popped in and love all your thoughts on the Discussion of the Week. Will be back in a bit with more thoughts from me on all the inks, etc.

Shelly, when are you due back home? Think you said this weekend sometime. Hope you're having a good time.

Maggie, are y'all getting any rain? We've gotten about 2 inches in the last couple of days...been very nice!

Paige - what's going on with you these days?

Jeanette, I just took a peek at your blog post this morning but haven't made my daily rounds.........OMGoodness!!!! TOO cute!!! You amaze me!!

Will be back later. I was going to try to go to the city and shop a bit today but think I'm going to have to cancel. Don't want to drive all that way in the rain!
Old 10-16-2013, 06:48 AM   #6393

Hi Lynn! So glad you're home. I'm sure your DH is, too. (((HUGS))) for both of you - as he heals and as you play nurse.

awwwww... thanks for your sweet comment about my blog/card! You're so sweet. It was a fun one to make!

Old 10-16-2013, 08:08 AM   #6394
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Thank you! He came home from school with a fever!!! Low grade, but still ........ lots of feeling yucky. Now he's on the nebulizer and getting some albuteral in his system, looks like I might be in some trouble for tomorrow. I had a dental cleaning appt tomorrow and a library assitance training at 3 pm - so unless dd is home from school, it's gonna be interesting for me - never a dull moment indeed!

NO Kidding on the baby oil - how about those tin foil, hand made sun catchers, lol! We'd sit in the lawn chairs with those on our laps bringing sun to our faces!!!

Big hugs for Jim, Lynn!
Sorry about DS having fever. I hope he's doing better today so you can get all your chores taken care of - cab driver.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:09 AM   #6395
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Go glad to hear that you are home again. I hope that you can take the time to rest and get well again.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-16-2013, 08:15 AM   #6396
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcardmaking View Post
Morning Addicted Friends!

Thanks for your outpouring of support for me. I can not express how you touched my heart!

I haven't read back too much, but did catch:

Kelly: hoping that today isn't too crazy and that DS is better soon! Scary stuff.

Lynn: saying a prayer for Jim & his procedure. You're right - not fun for either of you.

Maggie: you cracked me up with the line about Casper's bottom! LOL

Shelly: Grrrrr, those internet connection problems can be THE WORST. Glad that you conquered them!

DOTW:
I have the older style SU pads, in all of the colors. But I find that I use them less frequently as I really like to color images with my various pencils.

I adore VersaFine, have them in blue, brown, a pretty olive green and black. I find they give such a crisp image, especially with finely etched images. If watercoloring you do have to be careful though. But I've had no problems with pencils & Gamsol or with alcohol markers.

Use Colorbox for gold, silver, copper, white, etc. Especially for Christmas cards. I like to use one of these colors with matching embossing powder. Gives the image good coverage.

I have several sets of the A Muse Studios' ink pads, which sound similar to the new ones from SU. They're soft & very gooey. A whole different technique (for me) to use them effectively. I like them because I like to use clear embossing powder if not coloring an image. But I found that I still needed to use the VersaMark pad first, then the colored pad, then clear EP to get the affect desired.

Marvey has a new little square pad that I tried when visiting Jeanette & friends back in April this past year. I have one in brown and one in black. They are similar to Memento or VersaFine: a hard pad, with a good ink for fine details. The ink holds up to watercoloring, gamsol and alcohol markers, so thumbs up! Marvey Matchables (hope the link works)

Years ago I bought a little assortment of the chalk pads, in the small sampler-size. Never got the hang of them, probably not enough time to devote to learning them.

A couple of months back I bought some Tim Holtz distress pads in a few colors since they were on sale. I hope to experiment with them soon. I want to try to get the lovely background shading that you all achieve with them! We'll see

Holy cow...I sure rambled on here! Time for me to get scooting. Working a light schedule again today. Going out to lunch with a GF, looking forward to that.

Have a great day everyone!
Glad I could amuze you!

I have a few TH distress pads. I think I bought them and some other stuff for a class I was taking. I don't use them much. I also have some of those chalk ones. I think I have 2 round containers of them and they are sitting on a shelf.

Sounds like a lot of stuff, but I'm sure hoping that one of these days soon, I might have more time to play with various mediums and put these things to use. I also have the SU collection of chalks - the powder kind. I used to love those for a soft effect.

Enjoy your lunch.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-16-2013, 08:20 AM   #6397
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Finally back over here! We didn't get home until almost 7:00 last night and I was just too tired to think too much about computer stuff!
They finally got all of it on Jim's nose.......hopefully! They had to go really deep and so ended up having to graft some cartilage and skin from his ear on to his nose. Right now he's just bandaged up like a mummy. I get to play nurse for a couple of weeks and then we go back to have it checked. Our appointment was at 1:00 and we finally got out of there around 5:00. It took so long to run the biopsy's and then to stitch up the ear and the nose took over an hour!!! His nose looks like Frankenstiein's forehead. Not pretty at all!

I used to sunbathe too........for all it was worth! Being red headed and freckled, about all I even did was burn and peel and burn and peel. I DID look good though trying to sunbathe - until I started looking like a lobster! LOL!! I used to teach swimming and lifeguard all summer long - so you can just image what my skin looked like! One big freckle for sure!! I was always hoping they'd run together and give me a tan.

So glad everyone is popping in around here. I've been so bad with craziness going on but will try to do better in the future.

Maxine, glad you're finally back home! Take it easy. Get that infection under control!

Darlene, glad you popped in and love all your thoughts on the Discussion of the Week. Will be back in a bit with more thoughts from me on all the inks, etc.

Shelly, when are you due back home? Think you said this weekend sometime. Hope you're having a good time.

Maggie, are y'all getting any rain? We've gotten about 2 inches in the last couple of days...been very nice!

Paige - what's going on with you these days?

Jeanette, I just took a peek at your blog post this morning but haven't made my daily rounds.........OMGoodness!!!! TOO cute!!! You amaze me!!

Will be back later. I was going to try to go to the city and shop a bit today but think I'm going to have to cancel. Don't want to drive all that way in the rain!
Oh, poor Jim! I sure hope this heals quickly and he'll be looking okay again.

We have a cold front coming through today. Not sure how much rain it will bring. We had a gully washer on Saturday - it rained buckets. Sunday and Monday just little sprinkles, nothing too bad, but I'll take whatever we get. I don't complain about rain anymore after the horrible drought we had 3 years ago.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-16-2013, 08:57 AM   #6398
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello!

It is cooler in Ky today and raining here as well. We spent the day organizing and cleaning yesterday. I got a creative whim last night, and saw a Sketch on line, so took a print out of a china painting design and made a card with it. Mom has a pkg 12 Derwent pencils I used....

Maxine- glad you are home- take care of yourself!!! Not fun for sure!

Lynn- glad Jim is home, procedure done! Hope his healing goes well too. Love your story about being one big freckle! I can picture it!

Darlene- I have never used Versafine- and I have decided to use what I have and not buy anymore stuff re: ink pads or markers. I bought 5 Tombow markers for doodling after the Joann Sharpe class- they are so vibrant and watercolor so nicely!

Maggie- scary to have a reaction to a food- I do not carry my epi-pen unless I am getting a shot......!

Heading home Sunday, off Mon and working Tues- time is flying!

Waving hello to everyone!

Shelly
Old 10-16-2013, 10:33 AM   #6399
Stazon Splitcoast

Waving hello right back! What a morning - took all to school(s) then zipped to the dentist. My dd called to say her brother had head to toe red dots. Say what! He has had the chicken pox vaccine years ago (you can still get a case, but so mild, it's like not really) Rushed him to the peds, who sent him to the ER! Yep, we sat in triage while he got albuteral txs and his oxygen sat had to come back up, it was too low. Now he's home, resting and on steriods as well as nebulizer tx. Fun stuff. And we leave for our family vacation on Friday We are taking him to his birthday trip which was postponed from Sept - now who knows, but if he's sick, I'm not going! He needs to get better. We covet your prayers!

Shelly, how fun your mom had Derwents!! I still have my old case, aren't they the BEST! IS your mom an artist or does she do crafts with you? How cool is that

My dd18 is off to a job interview. I'm really worried for her. She's applied countless times but as soon as they see her class schedule, they run the other way. But we've always taught our kids to use honesty first and foremost, and if she has a crazy schedule, they need to know up front. This job is in an office where she they take consideration and actually encourage college students (with crazy schedules!) to apply and the lady appears to be super sweet. I guess we'll see!

So yeah ......... what a morning!!
Old 10-16-2013, 03:06 PM   #6400
Die Cut Diva

OMGosh Kelly!!! I'm sending super hugs and prayers for your son and hope he starts getting better quick now! Was all this caused by grass or are other things involved too now. Scary! HUGS!

Also good luck to your daughter on her interview. She'll find something I'm sure.

I stayed off the computer this afternoon and completed two cards. I always feel good after doing that.

Inks........I love Versafine!!!! I do my sentiments with it especially - just gives it a crisp look. I so use Momento Tuxedo Black for stamping. Like that it dries quicker than the Versafine - can you tell I have no patience! LOL! I only have 6 of the Tim Holtz distress inks but find myself using them more and more. Going to try to hook it to the city tomorrow and maybe pick up a few more. I don't know if you can stamp images with those or not - guess I could try. I use mainly black to stamp my images. Also need to get some Momento brown since I like stamping in that too. Usually when I use a colored ink it's for the sentiment. Sometimes I just don't want a black sentiment on there and want it to sorta match the image in colors.

Love my Derwent Intense pencils! In fact I watercolored a pumpkin with them while ago. Not overly pleased with my coloring on that pumpkin.........but it's a done deal anyway! I have the SU chalk and could never get the hang of those and haven't even tried in so long. You don't see many using Chalks much any more.

It's funny to look and see how the trends have changed. When I first started stamping it was about brads/eyelets/etc. Then Copics hit.........WOW! What a hit those were. Now I notice everyone is using dies - and of course I want them all! I wonder what the next big thing is going to be!!!!??

Jim's nose is still with us today! LOL! We have to take off that bandage tomorrow so guess we'll know more then. The one on his ear came off today and I got that changed. Hopefully it'll make it through the night. The one on the nose - geeze.....we have enough tape for an army on it. I guess because of the oil in his face, it just keeps coming loose - so I slap another piece of tape on it! LOL!

Sending get well wishes again to your son Kelly!!!