Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2013, 06:12 AM   #6241
Die Cut Diva

Flying through.........but not on my broom today!! Just saying hi and will be back later.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:59 AM   #6242
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post
Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

I had a weird day yesterday - well, weird evening! Brock and I were here in our wind-down mode. It was shortly after 7:00; he showers at 7:30. DH was at a meeting on the other side of our teeny tiny town. Suddenly - no flicker or anything - our power went off. But not just our power. There were no street lights or lights in any of the houses as far as I could see. It was DARK. I waited. Brock waited. Close to 7:30 I texted DH and asked if they had lost power. No, they still had power. Well shucks!

I tried to get Brock to just put on his jammies and go to bed, but being a man of routine... he refused to go to bed without a shower.

I might need to tell you, our weather was perfect! No storms, rain or anything!

DH got home at 8:45 - Brock and I still sitting in the dark, except for the flashlight's beam. DH held the flashlight in the bathroom while Brock showered.

Still no electricity, so finally at 9:45 I went to bed with my Kindle and book light and read until sleep won out.

DH drove around town to find out what the problem might be. Two blocks away something hit the transformer and it was being worked on. hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

The lights came on in the middle of the night - DH got up and turned them off.

My life is rarely dull.

Waving at all the Addicts!
Having the power go out is the thing that I hate the most. It's what I always say a prayer about if we have a storm. Not sure if it's just because it would be dark and what can you do in the dark except go to bed. Maybe because with having 2 freezers in the garage, I'd be afraid of losing all that food. Mine went out like that the other day but just for a few minutes. I was nervously waiting to see if it was going to come back on. We didn't have a storm in my immediate neighborhood, but I think there were some around the area and it probably knocked out something far away also. Just glad the lights were back on soon.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 10-03-2013, 07:00 AM   #6243
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Finally getting over here today! I was determined to stay off the computer and craft - which I did!!! I was able to get two cards completed and will be trying for a third one in a bit.

Jeanette.....weird about the lights and transformer deal. One year, on Christmas morning, a squirrel got into or too close to a transformer in our tiny town and knocked the electricity out for the entire day!!! There were a lot of ruined Christmas dinners - mine included! I think we ended up having a sandwich! LOL!

Darlene, not real sure how to answer the question.......

If I was having to move, I'd wait until the last to pack the crafts - then label all the boxes good, etc. I'd probably make up a few cards to pre-post so I'd have something going up on my blog until I could get all settled in.

If I was just packing it up for good and forever, I'd put it all in sturdy boxes with labels - just in case I wanted to get back into it.

If I was losing my craft area (hopefully that won't happen since I do laundry there! LOL) in case someone was moving in or something, I'd probably just keep out some of the bare essentials somewhere in case I had the time or energy to craft. Maybe under the bed so I could pull them out and make something just because! The rest would be put in boxes and stored.

Don't know if any of those really answers your question.
Wow! That would have been a terrible Christmas. Guess squirrel didn't make it through the day either.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-03-2013, 07:04 AM   #6244
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts!

Another morning with no messes. Yippee!

I think I'm going to have to give all the kitties some of the probiotics. The vet said it would be okay for the others also. This morning when I mixed it in some wet food, of course, the other 2 came to get some. I think Casper thought I was going to lock him up again, so he took off into the bedroom where Paisley was. I think he finally did eat some after he decided he could come out, but probably not all of it. I'm going to put some of the probiotic mixed with food in 3 bowls and put it down for them in the mornings and then it won't matter which bowl he eats out of. At least he'll get some of it in his systsem.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-03-2013, 06:54 PM   #6245
Pearl-ExPert

Hi girls - good to be back and catch up on all your chat - great to know the various animals are improving.

Darlene, I would agree that if you have to pack your craft stuff for a bit, label the boxes very thoroughly, and I would put any ink pads into plastic bags too, 'just in case' of leaks.

I am home, and yes the surgery went VERY well, and the recovery is a bit smoother now after my system re-starts were a bit ummm, traumatic initially ( will not give you the gory details .

My Sister in law bought me home this morning with three stops en-route to ease the discomfort, and then she went and did some shopping for us - she's a gem. My brother took me up to hospital on Tuesday morning, and then Kelson's brother took him up yesterday to visit. Praise God for family and praying friends!!

Kelson is now succumbing to the 'bugs' that haunt him, again... thankfully we have all the meds he needs here at home. I am not to drive for at least a week, so life will be interesting for the next few days.

I did have the computer at the hospital, but for some reason I could not successfully get onto their network, even with the necessary password etc., otherwise you may have heard from me yesterday
Old 10-03-2013, 07:36 PM   #6246
Die Cut Diva

Oh Maxine - I'm SO GLAD you're back and alright!!!!!!!!!! YEA!!!!! I know you're super glad to finally be back home and it sounds like you're feeling pretty chipper! Within a week you'll be right back on top of the game again!! Great news! BEST news we've all all week long!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry about your husband not feeling well again but like you say, at least you have the meds there for him! Big, huge hugs sent your way!
Old 10-03-2013, 08:21 PM   #6247
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks for the October 'swap' list Paige -
Old 10-04-2013, 07:34 AM   #6248
Die Cut Diva

Buzzing through here again...........Jim's in the process of making me some shelves to put some of my loose rubber stamps on - so need to get cracking and organizing a bit back there in the hole!

Later.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:56 AM   #6249
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
Hi girls - good to be back and catch up on all your chat - great to know the various animals are improving.

Darlene, I would agree that if you have to pack your craft stuff for a bit, label the boxes very thoroughly, and I would put any ink pads into plastic bags too, 'just in case' of leaks.

I am home, and yes the surgery went VERY well, and the recovery is a bit smoother now after my system re-starts were a bit ummm, traumatic initially ( will not give you the gory details .

My Sister in law bought me home this morning with three stops en-route to ease the discomfort, and then she went and did some shopping for us - she's a gem. My brother took me up to hospital on Tuesday morning, and then Kelson's brother took him up yesterday to visit. Praise God for family and praying friends!!

Kelson is now succumbing to the 'bugs' that haunt him, again... thankfully we have all the meds he needs here at home. I am not to drive for at least a week, so life will be interesting for the next few days.

I did have the computer at the hospital, but for some reason I could not successfully get onto their network, even with the necessary password etc., otherwise you may have heard from me yesterday
Hi Maxine! So glad that the surgery went well and you're back with us. Now, just relax and take it easy. Please don't overdo and hurt yourself. Don't push it.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-04-2013, 10:00 AM   #6250
Quacker Stamper

Yeah for shelves! I'm sure you will just love them.

I'm about to do some work in my storage room. I had talked to my GF whoi has a second hand place about getting the desk, night stand, and armoire out of my house to sell. She was going to call me this week to see about picking them up, but I haven't heard from her. I'm thinking that I might just empty them out and move them into the garage. Then if she wants them, she can get them in there. If she doesn't want them, then I'll see if anyone else might that I can sell them too or else I'll donate to Goodwill.

I really want to get that room organized.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-04-2013, 06:21 PM   #6251
Die Cut Diva

Everyone's awfully quiet around here today!!!!!!!!!!! What's up!

Tomorrow is World Cardmaking Day.........do y'all participate in anything for that?
Old 10-04-2013, 07:07 PM   #6252
Pearl-ExPert

I am being good and resting, but I must admit to having the computer on my knee and trying to do some catching up - I won't be crafting tomorrow, much to my dislike, but I either have to stand or have my legs up........
Old 10-05-2013, 04:40 AM   #6253
Pearl-ExPert

Not much going on here for world card making day, but my town has next to nothing available for stampers. I hope to find some time to play with color today or at least this weekend. I bought some prisma pencils, and some stumps. Couldn't find the cute little sponge top bottle or Gamsol. But I did read on one of the online stores - 7kidscollegefund- that Goo Gone works like Gamsol and I do have Goo Gone, so will experiment with that.

We've had heavy mist for the last two days and today was supposed to be rainy, but now that forecast has changed to partly sunny! Hooray! tomorrow is now supposed to be the rainy day - we'll see.

Speaking of seeing, I went for an eye exam yesterday. All is well, just a slight change in my prescription - so new glasses coming my way in about a week to ten days!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Old 10-05-2013, 05:26 AM   #6254
Die Cut Diva

Maxine, glad you're doing ok. How long will it be before you can sit and all that?

Good news about the eyes too Paige! New specs are always fun......I just got mine recently too.
I've heard the Goo Gone works pretty good too. I used Baby Oil before I found the mineral spirits. I have a very small plastic container (like Tupperware) and put a piece of felt type stuff in the bottom. I pour a little of the Mineral Spirits in it (tiny bit just to soak the felt) and then put my stump in that. You just have to be careful to not get too much of the Mineral Spirits/Goo Gone/Gamsol/Baby Oil on the stump or it gets greasy looking. If I do that I usually just wait a few seconds since it dries pretty fast on the stump - and then use it. Have FUN!!!!

I'm going to try to get some crafting done today. I did notice a few sales for World Cardmaking Day - but doubt if I'll do any of them. Christmas is going to be here before we know it - so probably need to save a little of that money -------- however, I really could use some Christmas crafting stuff (not that I don't already have a ton of it already!!!! LOL)
Old 10-05-2013, 08:48 AM   #6255
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Everyone's awfully quiet around here today!!!!!!!!!!! What's up!

Tomorrow is World Cardmaking Day.........do y'all participate in anything for that?
Only to the effect that I'm trying to get some of my DT cards done. And I'm planning to take a trip out to Archivers. I want to pick up some embellishments so I can make a couple more of the wall hangings that I made at ScrapFest with Tim Holtz. I'd like to make one for each of my DD's and one for my DGD that is getting married this Christmas.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-05-2013, 08:50 AM   #6256
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I am being good and resting, but I must admit to having the computer on my knee and trying to do some catching up - I won't be crafting tomorrow, much to my dislike, but I either have to stand or have my legs up........
Yes, but at least you are home. I'm sure you would much rather be there than back in the hospital. Were they good to you while you were there? I just hate being in a hospital. I even dislike visiting anyone in them, but when it's a GF or family member, then I have to go.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-05-2013, 09:01 AM   #6257
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
Not much going on here for world card making day, but my town has next to nothing available for stampers. I hope to find some time to play with color today or at least this weekend. I bought some prisma pencils, and some stumps. Couldn't find the cute little sponge top bottle or Gamsol. But I did read on one of the online stores - 7kidscollegefund- that Goo Gone works like Gamsol and I do have Goo Gone, so will experiment with that.

We've had heavy mist for the last two days and today was supposed to be rainy, but now that forecast has changed to partly sunny! Hooray! tomorrow is now supposed to be the rainy day - we'll see.

Speaking of seeing, I went for an eye exam yesterday. All is well, just a slight change in my prescription - so new glasses coming my way in about a week to ten days!

Have a great weekend everyone!
I use Mineral Spirits that I get at Michael's for my Prisma pencils. Maybe I'll look at Archivers later today and see if they have that bottle.

We're supposed to get a cold front this weekend, but not much rain with it. Not much cold either. It'll be in the 80's.

Good luck with your glasses. I didn't have much luck with mine this year so I'm still using readers. I need to find a new place to get my glasses next time. Oh, but guess what I've finally learned to do - put drops in my eyes! I've always been so adverse to anything close to my eyes, but mine were getting so tired and sore at night, so I made myself do it. The Zyrtec I take every night dries my eyes out.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-05-2013, 09:07 AM   #6258
Quacker Stamper

I made some Chicken Enchilladas with pumpkin for lunch today. It turned out pretty tasty. I had a salad to go with it. It was pretty quick and easy to throw together too.

I still need to make some Pumpkin brownies after while.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-05-2013, 09:16 AM   #6259
Quacker Stamper

Things are going well for the inside kitties. I've been giving 3 of them some wet food for breakfast and putting one of the capsules on each of them to make sure no matter which food Casper eats, he'll get some of it. So far the last couple days, they've been doing great. They come running when they hear me open that can.

I was going to take one of the outside kitties (Snowball) to the vet this morning to be put down. She is and has been sick for some time now; I just never knew until the other day what exactly was wrong with her. I've asked the vet about her and tried a number of time to search online to see if I could find anything and finally the other day I did. She is a white cat and has a form of skin cancer on her ears, really bad on one of them, - it looks all chewed up. Gross looking. She is just skin and bones now too. So sad. She was the first outside kitty that I had, the first one to wander into my back yard about 12 years ago. It seems that white cats are prone to this which is another reason I'm so glad that Casper and Corey are inside kitties although I do have another white cat out there now. I'll have to keep an eye on her through the years. Anyway, I had to go pick up a chicken order this morning at 7:30 a.m. so I got up at 6 and ate and fed the kitties outside. Figured I'd get Snowball when I got home an hour later only when I got home, she was no where in the back yard. Usually she spends all her time either laying in the grass or on the patio, but not today. She's been gone all morning, so I guess I'll have to wait until Monday before I'll be able to take her to the vet.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-05-2013, 09:22 AM   #6260
Die Cut Diva

Sad about Snowball! She's had a long life though. Hope you can catch her to take to the vet. How many cats do you have anyway.......inside and out?
Old 10-05-2013, 09:31 AM   #6261
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Sad about Snowball! She's had a long life though. Hope you can catch her to take to the vet. How many cats do you have anyway.......inside and out?
I'll get Snowball Monday morning when I go out to feed them. I have the carrier out there so I can just put her in it.

Inside Kitties - Paisley, Maggie Mae, Corey, and Casper

Outside Kitties - Snowball, Sabrina (Maggie Mae's momma); Midnight; Missy, Buddy, Wanda (Corey & Casper's momma), Glinda, Chloe, Unnamed - Chloe's mom and dad and another one that comes to visit from across the street. I think that's all.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-05-2013, 10:48 AM   #6262
Die Cut Diva

Holy Moly!!! Maggie, that's a LOT of kitties!!!! You're the Cat Woman! LOL! And a great mom to all of them.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:19 AM   #6263
Die Cut Diva

Good Morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-06-2013, 06:29 AM   #6264
Quacker Stamper

It was great to sleep in to 7:30 this morning. Got everybody fed.

I want to get a blog post up about ScrapFest today. Can't believe it's been 2 weeks since I was there.

I made a trip to Archiver's and Hobby Lobby yesterday. I was looking for all the embellishments that Tim Holtz used on his Christmas wall hanging we made at SF. I was able to find most everything, but not all, but after the trip to Hobby Lobby, I was able to find some things to substitute and will still make a lovely wall hanging. I'm making one for each of my DD's and one for my DGD that is getting married on 12/28. It'll be one of her first Christmas decorations for her new home.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-06-2013, 06:31 AM   #6265
Quacker Stamper

We had a cold front come through during the night with a little bit of rain this morning. It has cooled off down into the 60's this morning and should go up into the 80's. I wish it would stay this temperate all the time.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-06-2013, 10:52 AM   #6266
Pearl-ExPert

Good Monday Morning girls - lovely sunny morning here - we have had several warm days getting up into the 20 oC's ... warm enough to have lunch on the deck!! Trouble is the lawns are growing flat out ... thankfully we have had several offers of mowing, so may have to take them up!! I very gently planted some seeds yesterday - in seed raising mix, on the deck - DH brought the bag of mix to the table there, don't worry .

Maggie you sure are a Cat Lady extraordinaire!! Hopefully your kitties appreciate your efforts

Darlene I sure hope you life calms down soon - you are starting to sound rather stressed

I have been very good and not doing anything much, it feels. I have blogged an older card, and have been "creeping up the street", well that is what it feels like, rather than walking at the pace I am used to! Hopefully I will get up to speed soon...
Old 10-06-2013, 10:54 AM   #6267
Forum Fanatic

Happy Sunday ladies- oh I am here early- I have some stamping to do for the upcoming week and need to get to business, so thought I'd stop in here and then get busy!

Glad you are home and on the mend Maxine! I always advise patients having surgery to eat light and not have the 'last supper' meal before surgery- and you know why from the sounds of it! Glad you are able to pop in and let us know you are doing OK!

Lynn- I started out in the kitchen, I overtook the pantry and then added an armoire in the adjoining room, and now had to move to the basement into my sewing room- and that is now bursting at the seams- I either need to move OUT some of my sewing supplies/fabric or decide to let go of some of my creative 'stuff'......... Shelves where the supplies are visible will be great!

Jeanette- that would be so spooky to have all of the lights go out- in the house and on the street as well. We used to loose power alot- and we also have a freezer full of food in the garage.... and the really weird part- one side of the street was on a different transformer- so we would be out of power/in the dark and look out the window, and they all have their lights on.....

Darlene- keeping you in prayers today! If I had to pack stuff away, I would leave out white CS, my Copics, some ink spots and have a way to get at my cardstock, DP and adhesive...... I love the idea to label everything very clearly too! I guess you can see I would be in trouble by my list......hahahaha I would have to overtake some kitchen cabinet space or the armoire again......

Holy cow Maggie- that is ALOT of cats!!! So nice for them they have someone taking care of them like you do! The wall hanging sounds great- cannot wait to see it on your blog.

Paige- I got Gamsol at Dick Blick, and take an old brad container from SU and keep just a little available for coloring, then refill it as needed. I am not too great with the pencils, so do not use them enough! There is a Prismacolor link on SCS with some great tips- I slowly read through the entire link about a year ago...... I cannot wait until I am due for new glasses- not loving my frames. My headset at work makes them loosen up somehow, so if I bend over they feel like they will fly off my face!

OK off to create! I worked extra days this week so I could get off for a wedding next weekend in Cincinnati- so have alot to do on my few days off this week!

Have a fab day!
Shelly
Old 10-06-2013, 01:57 PM   #6268
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Good Monday Morning girls - lovely sunny morning here - we have had several warm days getting up into the 20 oC's ... warm enough to have lunch on the deck!! Trouble is the lawns are growing flat out ... thankfully we have had several offers of mowing, so may have to take them up!! I very gently planted some seeds yesterday - in seed raising mix, on the deck - DH brought the bag of mix to the table there, don't worry .

Maggie you sure are a Cat Lady extraordinaire!! Hopefully your kitties appreciate your efforts

Darlene I sure hope you life calms down soon - you are starting to sound rather stressed

I have been very good and not doing anything much, it feels. I have blogged an older card, and have been "creeping up the street", well that is what it feels like, rather than walking at the pace I am used to! Hopefully I will get up to speed soon...
Glad you are able to be a little bit active Maxine. Just don't overdo. "Creeping" I'm sure is okay as long as you don't go too far. What kind of seeds did you plant? My roses sure do need to be cut back. I've got to get my sis over here to show me how to do it.

I finally got the change to blog my ScrapFest trip. Wow! That took hours to get it all set up with all the photos and I didn't use half of what I could have. I think once I get all my photos resized to put in my Capture Travel album, I'll do another post to show it off with the photos.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-06-2013, 02:06 PM   #6269
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
Happy Sunday ladies- oh I am here early- I have some stamping to do for the upcoming week and need to get to business, so thought I'd stop in here and then get busy!

Jeanette- that would be so spooky to have all of the lights go out- in the house and on the street as well. We used to loose power alot- and we also have a freezer full of food in the garage.... and the really weird part- one side of the street was on a different transformer- so we would be out of power/in the dark and look out the window, and they all have their lights on.....

Holy cow Maggie- that is ALOT of cats!!! So nice for them they have someone taking care of them like you do! The wall hanging sounds great- cannot wait to see it on your blog.

Paige- I got Gamsol at Dick Blick, and take an old brad container from SU and keep just a little available for coloring, then refill it as needed. I am not too great with the pencils, so do not use them enough! There is a Prismacolor link on SCS with some great tips- I slowly read through the entire link about a year ago...... I cannot wait until I am due for new glasses- not loving my frames. My headset at work makes them loosen up somehow, so if I bend over they feel like they will fly off my face!

OK off to create! I worked extra days this week so I could get off for a wedding next weekend in Cincinnati- so have alot to do on my few days off this week!

Have a fab day!
Shelly
Shelly, I'm planning to send out your card tomorrow along with some other late cards. Sorry ladies. I hope I can get things under control and be more timely sending cards out.

That's funny what you wrote about the lights in your neighborhood. That happened at least once here back when the kids were little and I was still married to their dad. We had some bad storm come through and our side of the street still had power but the people across the street didn't. For at least a week, you would see long extension cords stretched across the street from one side to the other to help those out that didn't have their own power.

I did get my ScrapFest blog post up today. Took forever! I was able to find a kit at Archiver's that had the gamsol bottle with the sponge top along with 2 stubs and a sanding board. It's sold by Inky Antics.

I'm off to shower go get some more crafting done.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-07-2013, 05:56 AM   #6270
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

I've read all of your comments... you ladies make me smile! This is such a fun blog group! Most of the blog groups I'm in (or have been in) are very quiet. Not this group. I love it!!!

Maggie, sorry to hear about Snowball. How sad!

Maxine, hang in there! You are doing well post-surgery! It's going to get better!

Shelly, we have a freezer in our garage, too - and a refrigerator. Both freezers are COMPLETELY full! But we didn't open them during the power outage, so all is fine!

Lynn, how exciting that your DH is making you some shelves! I hope you'll show us pictures when they're finished!

Paige, I like getting new glasses, too - all except for paying for them. YIKES! I hope you'll love your new ones!

Hugs for all of you!
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: The Forest in the Fall
Old 10-07-2013, 06:08 AM   #6271
Quacker Stamper

I did take Snowball to the vet today. He said that there is no real treatment for this carcinoma except surgery to remove the ear. That's something that I would not have done. I would have done just exactly what I did and that is to let her live her life until it was just too much for her. He said the cancer had metastisized to her liver and that's why she was so skinny now. It was the right time. I will get her ashes back in a week or so. She just quietly went to sleep.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-07-2013, 06:21 AM   #6272

(((HUGS))) Maggie!

Old 10-07-2013, 06:22 AM   #6273

Old 10-07-2013, 06:32 AM   #6274
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Hi ladies! I'm so far behind!! Life has taken on it's busy-ness - with more things seemingly added on each day, but I know overall I'm extremely blessed! I adore being involved in my children's school lives ~ but it doesn't live much wiggle room for me

Got my partner for the card swap is Jeanette - oh boy, the fun in that one! I think I'll send her the card in pieces, a little at a time - keep her entertained, LOL!!! I keeeding

Maggie, continued hugs for the kitties - you are truly a blessing, my friend. I can't imagine having to take one of them to vet, that would just kill me. We just took our mastiff 2 years ago, she had breast cancer of all things - two surgeries and one round of chemo, we did all we could and in the end, God needed her more. I'm still not over it. It was a hard loss for our family. She truly was one of us.

And Maxine is recovering - that's wonderful news!!!

I'm missing a lot so I won't ramble on and on, but know I'm thinking of you all and sending hugs!
xoxo
Old 10-07-2013, 07:16 AM   #6275

Oh Kelly... that would be interesting for sure. A progressive card.

Old 10-07-2013, 01:36 PM   #6276
Die Cut Diva

Sorry I haven't been by today - or yesterday evening - to join in all the chatter.........been a TOTALLY bad stressful day around here. Will get my mind all de-cluttered this evening and try to get back by............
Old 10-07-2013, 01:42 PM   #6277
Pearl-ExPert

Oh Lynn - that sounds like hard going Hope/praying things get better for you and yours....

I have just walked the full length of the street - (not that it is long). I have been increasing my distance daily, but this morning I noticed that I was walking, not creeping - way to go yet, but great to see the improvements. No I am not overdoing it - the walk would have taken me 10 minutes not my usual 5 or 6 I also spent most of yesterday afternoon on the couch, but the studio is calling today...........
Old 10-07-2013, 01:43 PM   #6278
Pearl-ExPert

Oh, and I have had $$ from the family recently and bought a set of gelatos today - online!!
Old 10-07-2013, 02:00 PM   #6279
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

{{{{{{ Lynn }}}}}}}

HI MAXINE!! Yay for walking! extra YAY for gelatos!
Old 10-07-2013, 09:07 PM   #6280
Forum Fanatic

Default Hello!

Fun to play with Gelato's! I bought the cheap ones on Amazon- and have played with them a bit. In fact- My August SA swap card used Gelato's.........

I would love to learn how to use them more- they are easy to transport (not heavy) and the colors are pretty..... Glad to hear you are feeling well enough to feel creative : )

Hope you have an OK rest of your day Lynn- {Hugs}

Maggie- so sorry to hear about Snowball- that is a bunch of lucky cats! Fun- I will have to get to your blog to check out your MOA fun!

Kelly- Oh I love the peace meal card idea.....hehehe Maybe for our next round- we can make a card and send the card and the same supplies to our partner, who has to make a different card..... We did that in Oriental Stamp Art, and it was so fun!
Hope your days are full of Joy and not stress from your busy schedule!

Jeanette- loving your blinkies- so fun- I have no clue how to post them, but they always brighten the day : )

Had a dental appt today, and when I cam home the power was out for 1 1/2 hours. One it was back, I made a card- I need to make a few more- lotds to do before we leave for Cincinnati on Friday. We have a wedding Sat and then will hang out at the folks- Ray will stay thru Tues and I am staying till the following Sunday. So, I may be a little MIA....

Shelly