Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2013, 06:42 AM   #6201
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Darlene, sorry for the reason you're in California but glad you're able to soak up some sunshine!!!

Paige, I use Prismapencils at times. If you want to use the gamsol with them be sure and get the Premier pencils. I never could find any of the gamsol without having to order it so I started out using baby oil. It worked but not real well. Now I use Mineral Spirits that you get in the art section of like Hobby Lobby or Michaels. It's MUCH better and they say it's as good as the gamsol. I don't know. I also found that it works better on the Neenah paper than just regular type cardstock or GP from Walmart. I ordered some Intense Watercolor Pencils the other day and am loving those! I think I have to watch a Youtube video every time I start to color with them, just to pick up pointers again though. I really like those as they're brighter than the Prismas.

I've got to get some crafting done today somehow! I don't have a single thing done for the week except one for Wednesday.

Sorry I didn't get back over here last night - internet server went down and I finally said to heck with it and went to bed.

Kelly, hope your son did good this weekend!!!
I use Mineral Spirits too rather than the Gamsol. It seems to work just fine for me. At the class I took at SF, they had a cute little plastic bottle with a sponge top on it that they used for the Gamsol. You just have to twirl your stub thing over it to get it wet to use. I'd like to find one of those.

I was able to work on my PSC card yesterday. Once in a great while, I really, really like a card that I make and this is one of them. It came out so well. I love the colors I used and my coloring turned out so well, if I do say so myself. I already have someone in mind to give it to. It's a birthday card and my best GF at work has a birthday tomorrow. She's one that I always have to show my cards too and comes over sometimes to play. She also orders from me once in awhile, so I'm going to give the card to her. It'll be on my blog on Wednesday.

Speaking of which, I really need to get around to visit blogs today. Sorry I haven't been lately. Not that I don't want to, just been crazy with going off to SF and getting back in the groove.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-29-2013, 06:47 AM   #6202
Quacker Stamper

We've got rain again today. Not that I'm complaining at all. I was able to get out and do all my errands yesterday in between rain showers so that was good. This morning before the rain I went out to stake my fig tree. It's starting to growing leaning over to the side and I want it to grow straight. I've tried various sticks, but nothing seemed to work right. Wasn't strong enough to hold it. A couple weeks ago, I found some shepherd's crook stakes that you put up to hang a basket on. It is strong and sturdy and has a little foot on the bottom that kind of anchors it down to the ground. I bought 2 of them. One I was able to put out this morning and tie the tree to it. That brought the tree up pretty straight and the stake seems to be strong enough to hold it there. I'm going to hang a hummingbird feeder on the crook. Double duty. The 2nd one I'm going to put out in the yard next to my gardenia bush and I'm going to hang a hummingbird feeder on it too. Maybe next year I'll have more of them coming to my house.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-29-2013, 07:28 AM   #6203
Pearl-ExPert

Hi there!

Thanks for the advice on colored pencils.
I'm at my daughter's for a couple of days and there is a Michaels, Joanns and Hobby Lobby here, so I will look for Gamsol or Mineral Spirits. I'll also look for Prisma colored pencils - premiere if I can find those. I'll look for a sponge topped bottle too.
I have white card stock from SU, Gina K and PTI, so hopefully one of those will work well. Oh, another question. What kind of ink do I stamp with? I have Staz on, Memento, Versafine and several others. I do not like the SU black as it sometimes looks purple rather than black.

We could have used more rain yesterday, but I guess we'll take what we can get. The trees are really changing colors now. In a week or maybe two the colors here should be at their peak.

I love being with the granddaughter, but I always miss my stamp room, especially when she is napping!

Old 09-29-2013, 08:11 AM   #6204
Die Cut Diva

Paige, I always use Momento Tuxedo Black ink. You can also use digis from the computer, but make sure it's VERY dry - and I always heat set it to be double sure. I'm sure the Staz On and Versafine would be fine for the ink too. Just try out different inks and papers and you'll find one. Don't forget to pick up some of those blending stumps at the craft store too. I got a couple of packages starting out. You can file the color off with a nail file after applying whatever color you use.

Have fun with the granddaughter this weekend. Get some good hugs and kisses!!!

Maggie, we got a couple of showers yesterday too. Maybe 1/4 inch so it wasn't much, but every drop helps. It was even cooler this morning.........but back up to 90 something we go again later today. Of well...........
Old 09-29-2013, 06:18 PM   #6205
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
Hi there!

Thanks for the advice on colored pencils.
I'm at my daughter's for a couple of days and there is a Michaels, Joanns and Hobby Lobby here, so I will look for Gamsol or Mineral Spirits. I'll also look for Prisma colored pencils - premiere if I can find those. I'll look for a sponge topped bottle too.
I have white card stock from SU, Gina K and PTI, so hopefully one of those will work well. Oh, another question. What kind of ink do I stamp with? I have Staz on, Memento, Versafine and several others. I do not like the SU black as it sometimes looks purple rather than black.

We could have used more rain yesterday, but I guess we'll take what we can get. The trees are really changing colors now. In a week or maybe two the colors here should be at their peak.

I love being with the granddaughter, but I always miss my stamp room, especially when she is napping!
Enjoy your snuggle time.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-29-2013, 06:20 PM   #6206
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Paige, I always use Momento Tuxedo Black ink. You can also use digis from the computer, but make sure it's VERY dry - and I always heat set it to be double sure. I'm sure the Staz On and Versafine would be fine for the ink too. Just try out different inks and papers and you'll find one. Don't forget to pick up some of those blending stumps at the craft store too. I got a couple of packages starting out. You can file the color off with a nail file after applying whatever color you use.

Have fun with the granddaughter this weekend. Get some good hugs and kisses!!!

Maggie, we got a couple of showers yesterday too. Maybe 1/4 inch so it wasn't much, but every drop helps. It was even cooler this morning.........but back up to 90 something we go again later today. Of well...........
We had a couple showers off and on today too and now they're saying we'll get some more tomorrow. Sure is making my shrubs look good and my roses. I need my sis to come show me how to prune them back.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-29-2013, 09:06 PM   #6207
Forum Fanatic

Checking in before bed- I did not get to blogs tonight, but will try to get around tomorrow night. My hubby wanted to go walk and hike at an area Forest Preserve- with the dog.

Working tomorrow, I had to do some re-arranging this week and will work Fri and Sat so I can have them off the following weekend for a wedding in Cincinnati. I am going to stay a week with the folks- hope it is nice and hope the trees are turning while I am there : )

Waving hi and I'll be back in the next couple of days

Shelly
Old 09-29-2013, 10:48 PM   #6208
Pearl-ExPert

This is my last post for a day or so....... DH may bring my computer up - otherwise it will probably be Saturday or there abouts before I am back

All looks as though it is still go... don't know what will happen if it falls over again - I might go stark raving mad - I know DH would not cope - he is more up tight than me this time around

Love to you all - and behave yourselves while I am not here
Old 09-30-2013, 03:06 AM   #6209
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
Checking in before bed- I did not get to blogs tonight, but will try to get around tomorrow night. My hubby wanted to go walk and hike at an area Forest Preserve- with the dog.

Working tomorrow, I had to do some re-arranging this week and will work Fri and Sat so I can have them off the following weekend for a wedding in Cincinnati. I am going to stay a week with the folks- hope it is nice and hope the trees are turning while I am there : )

Shelly
Good morning. Sorry I missed you last night. I wanted to thank you for the beautiful card that you sent me. I did mention it on the blog post that you did showcasing it along with a couple other ones. It was a pleasant surprise.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-30-2013, 03:07 AM   #6210
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
This is my last post for a day or so....... DH may bring my computer up - otherwise it will probably be Saturday or there abouts before I am back

All looks as though it is still go... don't know what will happen if it falls over again - I might go stark raving mad - I know DH would not cope - he is more up tight than me this time around

Love to you all - and behave yourselves while I am not here
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers Maxine that all goes well this time - with no more postponements. I"ll try to behave, but I'm not making any promises.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-30-2013, 03:29 AM   #6211
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Remember me? sheesh! It's been a long time since I've been here. First I was getting that HUGE red warning again - don't go to this site... etc etc. Then when that cleared life had gotten way too busy - as weekends seem to do around here. So I didn't make it to SCS.

(((Hugs))) to all of you........... seems like so many are dealing with things. I read all the posts, but won't try to comment to all of them. Just know that you are in my thoughts!

Love this group!!!
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: The Forest in the Fall
mschoener likes this post.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:31 AM   #6212
Die Cut Diva

Maxine, I know I'm a day late on this (since you're a day ahead of us) but hopefully by now you've already had that operation and are re-couping nicely! My thoughts are with you AND your husband!!!!!!!!!!! Hugs!!!!!
Old 09-30-2013, 01:31 PM   #6213
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Hello ladies!!

My gosh, the days are flying into each other - running out of time all over the place and burning the candle at both ends - wowza!

Maxine, I'm sorry I missed your send off but you have/had my prayers!! I am hopeful all went well and sending great big hugs!

Paige - I'm sure you've already bought it by now, but you don't have to order gamsol! I use it with my prismacolor pencils and you know where I bought it? HOME DEPOT! That's right, baby - dirt cheap, same exact stuff. You can find it at any hardware store, like Lowes, HD, etc!

Thanks for the well wishes on my son - it was an interesting time! I wrote about it on today's blog post, but one of the sweetest emails just landed in my mailbox for my son - telling him to keep his chin up, to remember each time you fall, you just get stronger and stronger

I REALLY want to make him a special card with that stamp - anyone know who sells it? The "Shoot for the moon, even if you fail, you land among the stars" ...... I know I've seen it! I just can't remember where ....... LOL

Hugs!
Old 09-30-2013, 01:39 PM   #6214
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
Hello ladies!!

My gosh, the days are flying into each other - running out of time all over the place and burning the candle at both ends - wowza!

Maxine, I'm sorry I missed your send off but you have/had my prayers!! I am hopeful all went well and sending great big hugs!

Paige - I'm sure you've already bought it by now, but you don't have to order gamsol! I use it with my prismacolor pencils and you know where I bought it? HOME DEPOT! That's right, baby - dirt cheap, same exact stuff. You can find it at any hardware store, like Lowes, HD, etc!

Thanks for the well wishes on my son - it was an interesting time! I wrote about it on today's blog post, but one of the sweetest emails just landed in my mailbox for my son - telling him to keep his chin up, to remember each time you fall, you just get stronger and stronger

I REALLY want to make him a special card with that stamp - anyone know who sells it? The "Shoot for the moon, even if you fail, you land among the stars" ...... I know I've seen it! I just can't remember where ....... LOL

Hugs!
Here is one similar to that.

Stampabilities Rubber Stamp Reach for The Moon Miss Land Among Stars | eBay
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-30-2013, 03:24 PM   #6215
Die Cut Diva

Question ladies........has anyone downloaded the new upgrade for iPhone - iOS7? I did on both my phone and my mini iPad.....and hate the sucker!!!!!!! I'm about to get used to it I guess though. I did both of these the exact same way and yet the apps didn't appear on the phone but did on the iPad!!!! Any clue on how to retrieve those things?

Also, I know I haven't had a Discussion of the Week lately.....still trying to think of a good topic to get everyone involved - plus the fact I've just had too much other junk on my mind lately! I apologize!
Old 09-30-2013, 05:30 PM   #6216

Lynn, I have not downloaded it... because everything I seem to be hearing about it falls in the category of I don't like it...complain... complain.

Old 09-30-2013, 05:35 PM   #6217
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Question ladies........has anyone downloaded the new upgrade for iPhone - iOS7? I did on both my phone and my mini iPad.....and hate the sucker!!!!!!! I'm about to get used to it I guess though. I did both of these the exact same way and yet the apps didn't appear on the phone but did on the iPad!!!! Any clue on how to retrieve those things?

Also, I know I haven't had a Discussion of the Week lately.....still trying to think of a good topic to get everyone involved - plus the fact I've just had too much other junk on my mind lately! I apologize!
Don't have an iPhone or an iPad so I can't help with this at all. Can I just say I love my LG and my Kindle Fire. Easy technology.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:32 PM   #6218
Die Cut Diva

Jeanette, don't download that thing unless you have to! It's so different and really hard for me to get used to. I called my son to see if he could figure out how to get the apps back and he said he didn't have a clue as his was fine. Called my daughter and she told me several things to try and none of them worked. SO, guess I'll take it to Radio Shack (where I bought it) tomorrow and see if they can help. If not, there's an Apple store in the city where I can take it. PAIN in the back side!!!!!
Old 09-30-2013, 07:10 PM   #6219

Thanks for the advice, Lynn!

Old 10-01-2013, 03:20 AM   #6220

Old 10-01-2013, 06:23 AM   #6221
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

LOL, Lynn! My dh and 3 daughters have iPhones - as does most of my family members. I just rec'd my Android as a replacement (at the 2 year mark) so I didn't switch whent the girls did. Everyone has the new update and they are quite happy - no problems here. I haven't done anything on my ipad but thats because I havent been home long enough to sit and look at it! It just takes some getting use to, but I'm hearing some love it, some don't - in our case, they do and it's going well, PTL!

Crazy morning here! Had to meet with some moms this am at 8 am to go over the plans for this week - lots of crafts and coffee - hopefully no tears this week (as in from me ha ha .. I jest!) Tonight is College Fair night at the high school, plus I have a PTA booster meeting back to back with that so I'll be running from one to the other. I have to get the rest of these tshirts panted TODAY, as well as run to the bookstore to get my daughter's music books that came in - YAY! I have to pick them up from chorus rehearsal an hour after school normally gets out, right smack in the middle of when my son gets out, so I'll be scooting from one school to the other ... and someone in the middle of this, get proposals done for a meeting tomorrow along with quotes for food, lodging, entertainment for a group of 110 - OKAY! I have a family of 6, that does not make me an expert! LOL!!

I have to take Buster back again sometime this week - Maggie, I don't know if your experience is similiar but the head shaking is still going on ... a shot of penicillin, oral antibiotics and steroid drops to the ears ... that should have started to work by now, right??? Poor baby.

Okay girls, time to get busy - OH .... Darlene, your card went out today! Do we have the list for October or did I miss it? PLMK!

Hoping Maxine is doing well .... Prayers, my friend, and many hugs!
Old 10-01-2013, 06:26 AM   #6222

Quote:
LOL, Lynn! My dh and 3 daughters have iPhones - as does most of my family members. I just rec'd my Android as a replacement (at the 2 year mark) so I didn't switch whent the girls did. Everyone has the new update and they are quite happy - no problems here. I haven't done anything on my ipad but thats because I havent been home long enough to sit and look at it! It just takes some getting use to, but I'm hearing some love it, some don't - in our case, they do and it's going well, PTL!

Crazy morning here! Had to meet with some moms this am at 8 am to go over the plans for this week - lots of crafts and coffee - hopefully no tears this week (as in from me ha ha .. I jest!) Tonight is College Fair night at the high school, plus I have a PTA booster meeting back to back with that so I'll be running from one to the other. I have to get the rest of these tshirts panted TODAY, as well as run to the bookstore to get my daughter's music books that came in - YAY! I have to pick them up from chorus rehearsal an hour after school normally gets out, right smack in the middle of when my son gets out, so I'll be scooting from one school to the other ... and someone in the middle of this, get proposals done for a meeting tomorrow along with quotes for food, lodging, entertainment for a group of 110 - OKAY! I have a family of 6, that does not make me an expert! LOL!!

I have to take Buster back again sometime this week - Maggie, I don't know if your experience is similiar but the head shaking is still going on ... a shot of penicillin, oral antibiotics and steroid drops to the ears ... that should have started to work by now, right??? Poor baby.

Okay girls, time to get busy - OH .... Darlene, your card went out today! Do we have the list for October or did I miss it? PLMK!

Kelly's running around so much with those t-shirts in tow that they are panting.

mschoener and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:37 PM   #6223
Die Cut Diva

Quick check in once again! Nothing today has gone as planned so am hoping tomorrow will. I plan on staying off the computer and crafting! I swear I've been glued to this thing all afternoon long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not fun!

I did get my phone fixed. Took it down to Radio Shack and it took 2 of them about 30 minutes to figure it out. They even said that maybe I should take it to the Apple store, but then kept fiddling with it. No idea what they did (and I really don't think they knew either!!! LOL) But, it's fixed now. Made me a much happier person! Glad all of y'all like it Kelly and I'm sure I'll be fine with it once I get used to all the changes. I'm just old and like everything to stay the same I guess! LOL! I really dread the day I have to get a new computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIKES!!!!
Old 10-01-2013, 01:45 PM   #6224
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post

Shelly
Shelly, I see you were the Weekly Winner at AMusiing Challenges this week. Congrats!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:06 PM   #6225
Die Cut Diva

Way to go Shelly!!!
Old 10-01-2013, 03:02 PM   #6226
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I would think that those meds should have helped Buster by now. I decided not to take Corey back since he seems to have cleared up with the one shot. I don't want to push it unless it's necessary for him. Sorry you have to take Buster back. I hope it goes well.

I think I still need to send a card to Shelly for last month. I haven't seen one for October yet either. But Paige has been busy and without a computer.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-01-2013, 03:05 PM   #6227
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Quick check in once again! Nothing today has gone as planned so am hoping tomorrow will. I plan on staying off the computer and crafting! I swear I've been glued to this thing all afternoon long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not fun!

I did get my phone fixed. Took it down to Radio Shack and it took 2 of them about 30 minutes to figure it out. They even said that maybe I should take it to the Apple store, but then kept fiddling with it. No idea what they did (and I really don't think they knew either!!! LOL) But, it's fixed now. Made me a much happier person! Glad all of y'all like it Kelly and I'm sure I'll be fine with it once I get used to all the changes. I'm just old and like everything to stay the same I guess! LOL! I really dread the day I have to get a new computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIKES!!!!
Glad you got the phone fixed. I don't think that I'd be able to deal with that.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-01-2013, 04:11 PM   #6228
Quacker Stamper

This is a test post to see if my cursor gets all wonky while I'm here at church. I'm trying to figure out if it's my own connection at home that makes it skip around or if it's the computer. So far, this is going well, so it seems that it does have something to do with my Internet connection at home. Guess I'm going to have to hire someone and pay the big bucks for them to come check out my system to see what the problem is. Typed this whole post with no skips or deletes.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-01-2013, 06:24 PM   #6229
Forum Fanatic

Default Hello

Dropping in to say hello.

I had a day off today, and spent the afternoon organizing in my little crafting area. It gets messy very easily. I wanted to work on a card, but we are watching TV- hubby and I started watching Breaking Bad. It is kinda gory and the story is about a Chem teacher that gets dx with Lung cancer and starts cooking Meth to make $$$. He has a son with CP and his wife is just shy of 40. His BIL is a DEA agent...... The show is pretty intense........ So, we usually only watch one episode a day, but since the one we just watched is not too bad, we are going to watch another episode on Netflix.....

Maggie- my cursor seems to jump a bit every now and then as well. I am not sure why- but I type looking at the keys, not at the screen- so I will be a paragraph past where it jumped before I notice it......

Praying that Maxine is doing well- since we have not heard from her- I am guessing she DID have her surgery.

Lynn, I downloaded the I07 on the phone and so far, so good......

Kelly- hope that poochie is OK! I called our vet and they changed Peanuts Heartworm med- has flea meds in it. The fleas like died overnight....... It is so nice to see him laying around and not scratching all of the time.....

Thanks for the Shout out- the Amusing challenge win.

Waving hello to everyone else!

Shelly
Old 10-01-2013, 07:32 PM   #6230
Die Cut Diva

Kelly has panting t-shirts!!! Yikes!

Hope you have a chance to get Buster to the vet. Probably needs a different med or something.

Shelly, glad y'all are flea-less now. I just hate those things.

Maggie, glad Corey seems better now.

Think I just care of all the four footed creatures. Oh, Rambo is great and Sassy the cat is fine now!

No, we haven't gotten the card list from Paige yet. Maybe tomarrow.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:34 PM   #6231
Die Cut Diva

Oh, I've never watched Breaking Bad but have heard its a pretty good show.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:35 AM   #6232
Gabfest Goddess

Morning my Addicted Friends!

Fleas - good riddance! Yuck. Glad that you've got them under control, Shelly. What a pain.

Breaking Bad - hubby and kids here love it, and want me to watch it also. Maybe just where I am in life right now, but it's too dark for me. But they certainly enjoy it.

Maxine's blog post indicates that she's post surgery by now. Praying for an easy and speedy recovery for her.

Waving to all of you.

Question: if I have to pack up and store all of my treasures for a while...any advice? Have any of you done this? It will traumatize me I'm sure LOL. But sometimes life takes unexpected turns. One day at a time.

Well, off to the races soon. Hoping that maybe I can get inky this weekend. Fingers crossed!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 10-02-2013, 03:10 AM   #6233
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Oh, I've never watched Breaking Bad but have heard its a pretty good show.
I never heard of it until the other day when I heard that they had just aired their last show. Seems it had a pretty loyal following.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-02-2013, 04:09 AM   #6234
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Kelly has panting t-shirts!!! Yikes!

Hope you have a chance to get Buster to the vet. Probably needs a different med or something.

Shelly, glad y'all are flea-less now. I just hate those things.

Maggie, glad Corey seems better now.

Think I just care of all the four footed creatures. Oh, Rambo is great and Sassy the cat is fine now!

No, we haven't gotten the card list from Paige yet. Maybe tomarrow.
Yes, me too. One is all I can deal with at a time. Casper is still in isolation until I can figure how his tummy issue is doing. He's not happy and Paisley's not happy either. She doesn't like her routine interrupted and not sure she cares for the new food.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts

Last edited by mschoener; 10-02-2013 at 04:14 AM..
Old 10-02-2013, 04:10 AM   #6235

I had a weird day yesterday - well, weird evening! Brock and I were here in our wind-down mode. It was shortly after 7:00; he showers at 7:30. DH was at a meeting on the other side of our teeny tiny town. Suddenly - no flicker or anything - our power went off. But not just our power. There were no street lights or lights in any of the houses as far as I could see. It was DARK. I waited. Brock waited. Close to 7:30 I texted DH and asked if they had lost power. No, they still had power. Well shucks!

I tried to get Brock to just put on his jammies and go to bed, but being a man of routine... he refused to go to bed without a shower.

I might need to tell you, our weather was perfect! No storms, rain or anything!

DH got home at 8:45 - Brock and I still sitting in the dark, except for the flashlight's beam. DH held the flashlight in the bathroom while Brock showered.

Still no electricity, so finally at 9:45 I went to bed with my Kindle and book light and read until sleep won out.

DH drove around town to find out what the problem might be. Two blocks away something hit the transformer and it was being worked on. hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

The lights came on in the middle of the night - DH got up and turned them off.

My life is rarely dull.

Congratulations, Shelly! Woo Hoo!!!

Lynn, I'm glad you got your phone fixed! I am one who LOVES change, but for some reason am hesitant about changing with the IOS7... will have to think on that a while. LOL!

Maggie, glad you didn't have to take your kitty back to the vet!

Maxine, thinking of you! Hugs!!!

Darlene... keeping you in my thoughts/prayers. Packing up your stamping stuff sounds rough to me. No advice, really, but will pray that solutions are found that will not require that in your future.

Waving at all the Addicts!

Old 10-02-2013, 04:11 AM   #6236
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcardmaking View Post
Morning my Addicted Friends!

Fleas - good riddance! Yuck. Glad that you've got them under control, Shelly. What a pain.

Breaking Bad - hubby and kids here love it, and want me to watch it also. Maybe just where I am in life right now, but it's too dark for me. But they certainly enjoy it.

Maxine's blog post indicates that she's post surgery by now. Praying for an easy and speedy recovery for her.

Waving to all of you.

Question: if I have to pack up and store all of my treasures for a while...any advice? Have any of you done this? It will traumatize me I'm sure LOL. But sometimes life takes unexpected turns. One day at a time.

Well, off to the races soon. Hoping that maybe I can get inky this weekend. Fingers crossed!
Ugh! NO! I have no idea what I'd do if I had to pack up everything. There is just no way. Sorry you have to deal with this.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-02-2013, 04:28 AM   #6237

Darlene, I did think of one bit of advice... it's what I do when I pack to move, though I wasn't storing things, just moving to a new place. LABEL EVERY BOX WELL! Make notes on the outside of it - on the side you can see from where they will be stored (which usually isn't the top of the box) EVERYTHING that's inside the box. It will make it much simpler to find what you need when you need it.

Old 10-02-2013, 01:32 PM   #6238
Die Cut Diva

Finally getting over here today! I was determined to stay off the computer and craft - which I did!!! I was able to get two cards completed and will be trying for a third one in a bit.

Jeanette.....weird about the lights and transformer deal. One year, on Christmas morning, a squirrel got into or too close to a transformer in our tiny town and knocked the electricity out for the entire day!!! There were a lot of ruined Christmas dinners - mine included! I think we ended up having a sandwich! LOL!

Darlene, not real sure how to answer the question.......

If I was having to move, I'd wait until the last to pack the crafts - then label all the boxes good, etc. I'd probably make up a few cards to pre-post so I'd have something going up on my blog until I could get all settled in.

If I was just packing it up for good and forever, I'd put it all in sturdy boxes with labels - just in case I wanted to get back into it.

If I was losing my craft area (hopefully that won't happen since I do laundry there! LOL) in case someone was moving in or something, I'd probably just keep out some of the bare essentials somewhere in case I had the time or energy to craft. Maybe under the bed so I could pull them out and make something just because! The rest would be put in boxes and stored.

Don't know if any of those really answers your question.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:54 PM   #6239
Quacker Stamper

Good evening ladies!

Well, Hallelujah! It's been 2 days and no more accidents from Casper. I don't know if it's the new dry food or the probiotics, but looks like we're getting back to normal. Got my Shark steam floor scrubber out and cleaned up the kitchen, dining room, and computer rooms. So happy to have it all clean and back to normal along with the kitties. Casper's happy to be out of confinement and back with his brother and sisters.

Would like to get a little card making done tonight.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-03-2013, 04:55 AM   #6240

YIKES! Christmas day without electricity would be bad, Lynn. Sorry that happened!

YAY for Casper's restored health! Doing the happy dance for you, Maggie!

Thinking of you, Darlene!

DRATS! We still have to wait another day!