Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2013, 07:27 AM   #6081
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Woohoo, WTG Lynn! You are movin' and shakin' girlie! Congrats - So proud of you! I'll have to read your article time permitting

I hope all is well with Jeanette - was hoping to see her stop in and continued prayers with you, my friend! I'm seeing her over on Pinterest pinning so I'm hoping that is a good sign

Good to see you Darlene!

Maxine - OH MY!! That is frustrating, I'm sure. I feel so bad for you!

I'm with you on the weekends and sammies for dinner, Darlene! We have been having whatever lately because I'm barely home! Including this weekend - the girls were up at 8 am to get to Leadership Confernces by 8:30 across town. My son has tournament prep class at noon - dh will be taking him - but I'm out the door again with my oldest dd to pick up a few odds and ends I need to get, and bringing her along to use an extra coupon! THen she has to scoop to a friends to plan another friends surprise bday party.
And at some point, I need to sweep, mop, do laundry, clean, craft, etc! Ha!

((( Hugs! )))
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 09-14-2013, 07:39 AM   #6082
Stazon Splitcoast

Paige - Christmas paper you say! OH MY! I"ve been salivating!!! I will only buy ONE, a must have, lol. But my wish list is hUgE!!!

This one is my very, very fave & this year's buy ~ Bo Bunny's Elf Magic . LOVEEE!

Christmas Countdown by Bella Blvd is next on my list ....

Crate Paper's Bundled Up ... drool, drool .....

Love the classic, rich colors of this one ... Carta Bella's Christmas Day

Same thing with Echo Park's Reflections ....

And October Afternoon's Silent Night stole my heart, so I oogle it from time to time
mschoener and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:31 PM   #6083
Die Cut Diva

Kelly, I'll have to check out these sites now..........but either my computer or SCS is going so slow it's unreal right now!!!!

Darlene, special thoughts going your way on the upcoming presentation! Sounds like this could really be fantastic!

Also, hugs to your dad! Will keep him in my thoughts.

Watching A & M and Alabama play football.........seems to be a very big deal around here! LOL!

Later
Old 09-14-2013, 05:47 PM   #6084
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Thanks Shelly.......you're in luck, I only give out my autograph on Fridays!!!! LOL!!!

Is everyone ready for the weekend - and have any plans? Nothing going on around here except maybe Jim's two boys and their families hitting here on Sunday. Both are a family of 5 - so I say they get sandwiches if they show up for a meal!!! Maybe even peanut butter and jelly!!! HA!
I had the Pest Control people coming today. The schedule got all mixed up and I was really upset with them. Threw me all off today with getting things done. But it's done now and he said that the ants should be 99% gone.

I need to be getting things ready for SF, but I still have some things to work on this week. Trying to figure out what kind of clothes to take. I did buy some snacks to take.

I have company coming for dinner tomorrow too, but after the mess today turned out to be, I bought dinner at Whole Foods for dinner tomorrow. It'll be a snap to get it all on the table.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 09-14-2013, 05:48 PM   #6085
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
Lynn- I had Peanut Butter and Jelly last two nights ago for dinner- toasted- I have hit the point of needing a break from Tomato's and had a taste for PB&J! Too funny!

Oh- Glad I hit Friday for my request! I will be around blog hopping Sunday sometime- I had to make a quick card for a challenge posting tomorrow night.....and need to get to bed : )

Have a great weekend!
Shelly
I don't eat a lot of bread, but PB&J was always a favorite, especially on toast where the PB would get all melty. Yummy!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-14-2013, 05:55 PM   #6086
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcardmaking View Post
Hello Addicted Friends!! I have been off SCS all week and missed chatting with all of you. Looks like I have a lot to catch up on.

I've been swamped at work - more than usual. But it may all ultimately be fantastic! Please spare some positive thoughts and energy for me next Weds morning. I will be giving the second most important presentation of my 28 year career that morning down in Hartford, CT.

At least this time it will be a friendly audience (unlike the other time, years ago) If successful, and the group decides in favor of my proposal, it could increase our org's size almost 3x!! The presentation is the culmination of 4 months of effort by me and our Board.

Anyway, it's a big deal. And yet, it's not as big as the health issues of us and and other loved ones. Maxine: So sorry to learn that your surgery has been pushed back - AGAIN! I can't imagine how upsetting that must be for you!

My special uncle died this week, he and my dad were really close (he's my Mom's sister's husband) Our two families vacationed every year growing up.

My dad is still having issues with recovering from his first surgery, and now has had his remaining ear operated on for skin cancer too. Can you imagine? Both sides of his head are bandaged now, he can't wear his hearing aid...sigh. Now this. He's taking it pretty hard.

Last weekend I put together a box with packets of cards for Mom and packets for Dad, enough for each of them to open 1 card/day for 3 weeks!!! Most of the cards have a short note in them explaining where the card came from (SCS swaps & challenges etc.) and something like: "My friend Terry in WI, Debbie in AK, etc. made this card for xxxx swap/challenge" They enjoy seeing where all the cards come from and seeing everyone's gorgeous work!

It's kind of lame, but hopefully it gives them a reminder that despite being thousands of miles away, I'm still thinking of them.
Always miss you too Darlene. So sorry for your loss. Were you able to be at the service? Sorry about your dad's additional surgery. I do hope that he'll recover soon.

Can't wait to hear about your presentation and what it's all about. I'll be keeping the good thoughts for you. I know you'll wow them!

What a great idea about giving them cards to open and great that you can recycle ones that you've received from swaps, etc. I don't think it's lame at all. Great idea.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-14-2013, 09:39 PM   #6087
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hi

Darlene- I hope your presentation goes well and that it is perfectly well received- and that your organization can grow! Wahoo!

Sorry to hear your Dad needs more surgery- and that you are far away. How nice to send a package filled with cards!

Kelley- gotta get you a crock pot- I find so many great recipes on Pintrest : ) Do you have picky eaters?

I looked at the first site, but gotta stop....LOL I do not NEED anymore DP.....

Paige- keep us posted on finding DP by the way : )

Maggie- I am considering calling the pest people- dog has fleas..... : ( He is 12 yrs old- has never had a problem before..... ugggg- cannot get rid of them! The med we put on him kills them for about 3 weeks, then they are back.

We had company tonight for dinner- after I worked- friends we have not seen for a while....... had a great time.

Off to bed!
Shelly
Old 09-15-2013, 04:46 AM   #6088
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Darlene- I hope your presentation goes well and that it is perfectly well received- and that your organization can grow! Wahoo!

Sorry to hear your Dad needs more surgery- and that you are far away. How nice to send a package filled with cards!

Kelley- gotta get you a crock pot- I find so many great recipes on Pintrest : ) Do you have picky eaters?

I looked at the first site, but gotta stop....LOL I do not NEED anymore DP.....

Paige- keep us posted on finding DP by the way : )

Maggie- I am considering calling the pest people- dog has fleas..... : ( He is 12 yrs old- has never had a problem before..... ugggg- cannot get rid of them! The med we put on him kills them for about 3 weeks, then they are back.

We had company tonight for dinner- after I worked- friends we have not seen for a while....... had a great time.

Off to bed!
Shelly
Oh, fleas are very pesky. Have you treated your house and yard yet? I have another friend I chat with that has been fighting them at her house for the last few weeks. Somehow, you've gotten them in your yard. If you don't want to bomb your house yourself, I would call a Pest Control company.

Glad you were able to enjoy your friends.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-15-2013, 04:48 AM   #6089
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts. Got lots to do today besides having company for dinner tonight. Gotta get the luggage out and start figuring out what I'm taking. I was hoping the weather would be about like here, but it looks like it's going to be a might chilly 60's during the day and 40's at night. Lucky we'll be inside for the most part.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-15-2013, 08:38 AM   #6090
Die Cut Diva

Maggie, I think you're going to like this weather a lot more than the heat we're having in Texas right now! When do you and Paige leave for the trip?

Fleas....not good Shelly! Like Maggie said, I'm sure you need to probably spray the yard. Jim got something at Walmart - but sure you could also find something at Lowe's or places like that - and sprayed the yard. I think they get embedded in the grass and just wait for a nice furry animal to walk by and hop on for the ride! Good luck getting rid of them. They're a pain!
Old 09-15-2013, 09:41 AM   #6091
Stazon Splitcoast

Checkin' in on this sloppy wet afternoon! What a rainstorm we're having! And having ... and having! It just keeps coming down in buckets! Our pool has already overflowed and dh was out there earlier siphoning (sp?) with a hose! Yikes!

Fleas are the worst! We have our dogs on the Comfortis - beautiful thing! We switched them to the Trifexis ones because of the heartworm prevention addiditive and would you believe the dogs were covered in fleas! It did not repeal them, though it's the same thing, we've been told. Not sure what, what but I hit the roof! We sprayed AGAIN, got them under control again, and that was a year ago - never again, lol! I'm a Comfortis fan 110% and we haven't seen fleas since, even with the untreated dogs next door and behind us - we do the yard, our dogs and we are good to go.

Still hoping to get crafty today but I'm up to my eyeballs painting 18 mason jars bright orange - from jar to pumpkin! Cute as all get up but my friend didn't make it due to a sick child, the girls all have plans or homework or out with friends so it's me and ME!
Wonder if I can convince dh to paint some jars, glue on some googly eyes and twist on some pipe cleaners? Hee hee!!
Old 09-15-2013, 10:18 AM   #6092
Stazon Splitcoast

Old 09-15-2013, 01:51 PM   #6093
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Maggie, I think you're going to like this weather a lot more than the heat we're having in Texas right now! When do you and Paige leave for the trip?

Fleas....not good Shelly! Like Maggie said, I'm sure you need to probably spray the yard. Jim got something at Walmart - but sure you could also find something at Lowe's or places like that - and sprayed the yard. I think they get embedded in the grass and just wait for a nice furry animal to walk by and hop on for the ride! Good luck getting rid of them. They're a pain!
My flight leaves Thursday evening about 7:25. I don't get in until 10:30. I finally brought my suitcase in the house and I may just need to bring that one and my large carryon that I'll take to all the Workshops.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-15-2013, 01:53 PM   #6094
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
Checkin' in on this sloppy wet afternoon! What a rainstorm we're having! And having ... and having! It just keeps coming down in buckets! Our pool has already overflowed and dh was out there earlier siphoning (sp?) with a hose! Yikes!

Fleas are the worst! We have our dogs on the Comfortis - beautiful thing! We switched them to the Trifexis ones because of the heartworm prevention addiditive and would you believe the dogs were covered in fleas! It did not repeal them, though it's the same thing, we've been told. Not sure what, what but I hit the roof! We sprayed AGAIN, got them under control again, and that was a year ago - never again, lol! I'm a Comfortis fan 110% and we haven't seen fleas since, even with the untreated dogs next door and behind us - we do the yard, our dogs and we are good to go.

Still hoping to get crafty today but I'm up to my eyeballs painting 18 mason jars bright orange - from jar to pumpkin! Cute as all get up but my friend didn't make it due to a sick child, the girls all have plans or homework or out with friends so it's me and ME!
Wonder if I can convince dh to paint some jars, glue on some googly eyes and twist on some pipe cleaners? Hee hee!!
If I were there, I'd come help. I want to see your googly eyed pumpkins!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Old 09-15-2013, 05:11 PM   #6095
Stazon Splitcoast

Yay!! Did y'all see that! Maggie got her suitcase and is coming down to see me!!

You're going to have a grand time!! And with Paige ...take pictures!

I'll snap a pic of the sample googly eyed punkin ... He will prob end up on Pinterest since he's turning out to be quite the charmer! I walk by the kitchen and it's on the counter and he is just too cute! Love the way he turned out!
Old 09-15-2013, 06:33 PM   #6096
Stazon Splitcoast

Yep Paige and Maggie- bring sweaters/Sweatshirts! It is going to be cooler here than what you are used to : ) Ohhh you are both so lucky!!! Cannot wait to hear about it.

I have a DT card to make for tomorrow- no MoJo today! I did make it around to everyone's blogs though! WOW you guys- amazing cards and you are all so busy!!!

Kelly- so much rain in many parts of the US- I am seeing pretty bad storms in Colorado! My BIL is a farmer, and he says we did not have warm enough weather for the crops this year- they will be 'late' he is anticipating harvesting in November instead of October.....

OK- will call the pest people tomorrow- the Doc told me fleas do not get killed until it is under 40 degrees- and that is not cold and night and warming up in the day- last year she said that did not happen until Jan (Oh dear me.....)!!! How does this happen? We have had this dog for 12 years!!! So gross!!!

Ohhh Orange jars sound really cool : ) I look forward to seeing them!

Watched the Bears game today- they won with 10 seconds left to go- a real nail biter!

OK- off to try and create!

Shelly
Old 09-15-2013, 11:28 PM   #6097
Pearl-ExPert

Oh Paige and Maggie - enjoy, and please take and share lots of photos.

I had a bit of a rough weekend after Friday's news, but am on the up now - spent the afternoon out in the gardens getting the worst of the first crop of weeds pulled out... and 'fed' the roses and a few other plants, including the beetroot plants I popped into the vegetable garden. Spring is sprung here. I have a daffodil, daphne, violets, tulips and freesias and hyacinths all flowering too.

We are head off to visit family later in the week, but the laptop will come with me
Old 09-16-2013, 03:35 AM   #6098
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

I've been away from SCS (other than a couple of threads) for over a week - am so far behind that I'm not going to try to catch up on everything said in all of my subscribed threads, so if I've missed something important, please let me know.

I do appreciate all of the kindness so many of you have shown my family and I during these difficult days. It has helped to ease my grief in the loss of my beloved FIL.

Hugs!!!
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
Come Chat with Me in the Chit Chat Forum
Old 09-16-2013, 03:36 AM   #6099

Maxine, I've scanned the thread - no time to read all of it - and I didn't notice a post that you'd received my card that was mailed over a month ago now. Sooooooooooooo I'm going to make/mail you another one this week. I'm sorry! I hate that you didn't get happy mail.

Paige, my card for you (this month) is made and will be mailed this week, too!

Old 09-16-2013, 07:56 AM   #6100
Die Cut Diva

Morning all!

Jeanette, glad to see you pop in for a minute! Been thinking about you.

Maggie - you and Paige have a wonderful time and we'll be thinking about y'all too!

Kelly - can't wait to see the pumpkin!!!!!!!!!!

Shelly - hope all the fleas are gone soon. Uck! We caught some clips of that football game and it really looked like a thriller!

Maxine - your garden is sounding yummy!!! So glad y'all are getting warmer temps now. Have fun with the family for a few days.

I may be leaving town this afternoon - don't know for sure yet as it just depends on a phone call right now. Will be back tomorrow if I have to go though so y'all won't miss me being around for very long anyway.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:27 AM   #6101
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Yep Paige and Maggie- bring sweaters/Sweatshirts! It is going to be cooler here than what you are used to : ) Ohhh you are both so lucky!!! Cannot wait to hear about it.

I have a DT card to make for tomorrow- no MoJo today! I did make it around to everyone's blogs though! WOW you guys- amazing cards and you are all so busy!!!

Kelly- so much rain in many parts of the US- I am seeing pretty bad storms in Colorado! My BIL is a farmer, and he says we did not have warm enough weather for the crops this year- they will be 'late' he is anticipating harvesting in November instead of October.....

OK- will call the pest people tomorrow- the Doc told me fleas do not get killed until it is under 40 degrees- and that is not cold and night and warming up in the day- last year she said that did not happen until Jan (Oh dear me.....)!!! How does this happen? We have had this dog for 12 years!!! So gross!!!

Ohhh Orange jars sound really cool : ) I look forward to seeing them!

Watched the Bears game today- they won with 10 seconds left to go- a real nail biter!

OK- off to try and create!

Shelly
Yep! I'm probably going to be wearing my jacket since I don't get there until late at night and I'm sure it'll be chilly waiting outside for the shuttle.

I think I still need to send you a card for our card swap for this month. I'm going to get that in the mail tomorrow along with 2 birthday cards, one of which is for my oldest DD whose birthday is tomorrow! Nothing like procrastinating, but we're both the same and used to it by now.

Hope you get those pesky fleas taken care of.

The poor farmers get hit every which way - too hot, too cold, too dry, too wet. They just can't get a break.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-16-2013, 11:29 AM   #6102
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
Oh Paige and Maggie - enjoy, and please take and share lots of photos.

I had a bit of a rough weekend after Friday's news, but am on the up now - spent the afternoon out in the gardens getting the worst of the first crop of weeds pulled out... and 'fed' the roses and a few other plants, including the beetroot plants I popped into the vegetable garden. Spring is sprung here. I have a daffodil, daphne, violets, tulips and freesias and hyacinths all flowering too.

We are head off to visit family later in the week, but the laptop will come with me
I just love the spring when all the new little flowers start popping their hears up through the ground.

Have a fun time with family - snuggle time!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-16-2013, 11:32 AM   #6103
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post

I've been away from SCS (other than a couple of threads) for over a week - am so far behind that I'm not going to try to catch up on everything said in all of my subscribed threads, so if I've missed something important, please let me know.

I do appreciate all of the kindness so many of you have shown my family and I during these difficult days. It has helped to ease my grief in the loss of my beloved FIL.

Hugs!!!
So, so sorry again for your loss. I know it's going to take some time to get through this trial. It will get easier as the days progress.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-16-2013, 11:33 AM   #6104
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Morning all!

Jeanette, glad to see you pop in for a minute! Been thinking about you.

Maggie - you and Paige have a wonderful time and we'll be thinking about y'all too!

Kelly - can't wait to see the pumpkin!!!!!!!!!!

Shelly - hope all the fleas are gone soon. Uck! We caught some clips of that football game and it really looked like a thriller!

Maxine - your garden is sounding yummy!!! So glad y'all are getting warmer temps now. Have fun with the family for a few days.

I may be leaving town this afternoon - don't know for sure yet as it just depends on a phone call right now. Will be back tomorrow if I have to go though so y'all won't miss me being around for very long anyway.
I hope it for a happy thing that you're leaving town and NOT having to "get out of Dodge." Safe journeys.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-16-2013, 11:35 AM   #6105
Quacker Stamper

Saturday I got a bill from my insurance company for my Homeowners' insurance for over $1890!!! NOT! This is the bill that my escrow is supposed to pay that I've been paying into since May. Actually my insurance company owes me a refund for what I paid for September and then my payment to the insurance company will drop and I'll only have my car insurance that I have to pay each month. I did call the bank and she said that she had called them about the invoice and that they finally sent it to them today, so they will be taking care of this.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-16-2013, 05:35 PM   #6106
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Yay!! Did y'all see that! Maggie got her suitcase and is coming down to see me!!

You're going to have a grand time!! And with Paige ...take pictures!

I'll snap a pic of the sample googly eyed punkin ... He will prob end up on Pinterest since he's turning out to be quite the charmer! I walk by the kitchen and it's on the counter and he is just too cute! Love the way he turned out!
I need to come down there and give you a great big HUG!!!!!!!! I had happy mail when I got home today and it isn't even my birthday!! Thank you so much Kelly for the card and the surprises. I love that card and I'm so glad that you sent it to me. With all you do at home and you still find time to make my day! <MWAH> That's a big kiss! Thank you again my friend.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-16-2013, 05:53 PM   #6107

Thank you, Lynn and Maggie!

Maggie, I'd have passed out if I'd gotten that insurance bill. EEK!

Old 09-16-2013, 07:26 PM   #6108
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
I need to come down there and give you a great big HUG!!!!!!!! I had happy mail when I got home today and it isn't even my birthday!! Thank you so much Kelly for the card and the surprises. I love that card and I'm so glad that you sent it to me. With all you do at home and you still find time to make my day! <MWAH> That's a big kiss! Thank you again my friend.
Oh that was so fast! Well, for being 2 weeks late, I'm not sure that's exactly fast, ROFL! But you are welcome - well deserved, my darlin' friend - thank you SO much for your patience!

Ugh on the insurance! I hope it gets straightened out, esp. so you can go on your little get-away and not have to worry about it!

Night, all! Just did my blog rounds - creative ladies you are!!!!!!!!! I'm in awe, each and every time! x0x0
Old 09-17-2013, 12:52 AM   #6109
Die Cut Diva

Thank you, thank you for all the suggestions on Christmas papers. Oh, I was drooling over so many of the collections. I love the ones that have tons of matching embellishments, stamps, and such! I saw some on a daily deal site yesterday, but didn't order it before going out of town and then forgot to order it when I returned.

I think I will tale a look see at Scrap Fest this weekend and see what the vendors have to look at. Then if I don't find anything there, I'm really leaning towards the October Afternoon Silent Night collection.

Oh my, I have a ton of things to do before Thursday! We are heading up on Thursday, otherwise it would be a 3:30 AM start for us on Friday morning in order to get there on time! I owe my DH lots of loving for this trip!
Old 09-17-2013, 03:06 AM   #6110
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts!

Yikes! Only 2 more days. I've really got to get going big time tonight and get started packing. I have clothes at the cleaners that I need to pack, so they won't make it to the suitcase until Wednesday night, but I'll get all my crafting things together tonight and make sure I can transport it okay especially my Markers. I need to figure out which ones I'll need.

Yes, no more problems with the insurance. The Bank was aware of it and contacted the insurance company and got it all straightened out, so no worries for me.

I need to call me oldest DD this morning. It's her birthday. I won't say which one. I also need to get her card in the mail to her. Nothing like procrastinating, but I just got to the store yesterday that she likes so I could get her a GC from there. It'll wait until I get to the office since she's in CA and it's 2 hours earlier there.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-17-2013, 04:12 AM   #6111

Maggie, I'm glad the insurance thing worked out smoothly! Hope your preparations for your trip do, too!

Paige, sounds like you're going to have a fabulous weekend!

Kelly, it's so good to see you!

Old 09-17-2013, 05:34 AM   #6112
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning, all!

Maggie - LOL - our lips are sealed, but Happy Birthday to your daughter - whichever one it may be!
Old 09-17-2013, 10:01 AM   #6113
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Good Morning, all!

Maggie - LOL - our lips are sealed, but Happy Birthday to your daughter - whichever one it may be!
Thanks - she says she's 29!!!!! LOL! Doesn't she wish. But that means I'm only 45! I started early. LOL! She and my sister's oldest daughter share a birthday 5 years apart. There was a time when they were younger (teens) when they looked like twins.

I did get to talk to her this morning. It's hard with the 2 hour time difference, but she has to be up early to get her DD off to school.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-17-2013, 02:26 PM   #6114
Stazon Splitcoast

How cool is that, to share a birthday with a cousin! (or at least I think it's her cousin - if I'm doing my geneology right!) *smile!*

Just had a chance to stop in after a long, long day - these days are getting longer and longer! I have been at the school all day and then doing 100 errands - whew! Time to unwind and order dinner, lol - not a clue from where but I sure don't feel like cooking today ....

what's on for dinner where ya'll are?!!!

We had more rain all day - I'm contemplating getting around via kayak rather than my Jeep

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-17-2013, 03:21 PM   #6115
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
How cool is that, to share a birthday with a cousin! (or at least I think it's her cousin - if I'm doing my geneology right!) *smile!*

Just had a chance to stop in after a long, long day - these days are getting longer and longer! I have been at the school all day and then doing 100 errands - whew! Time to unwind and order dinner, lol - not a clue from where but I sure don't feel like cooking today ....

what's on for dinner where ya'll are?!!!

We had more rain all day - I'm contemplating getting around via kayak rather than my Jeep

Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, it is her cousin - the first born of each of us. We have actually 3 generations with the same birth date only they are not all living now. My Mom's father was born on 2/24, my mom was born on 2/24; and one of my sis's grand daughters was born on 2/24.

I just made myself an egg mcmuffin. Yummy. Easy.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-17-2013, 04:19 PM   #6116
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello!

Maggie- my youngest sis' B-day is 2/24......my eldest sis was born 3/9, a year later brother born 3/4, a year later brother 3/9....I was born the following yr in April..... there are 3 more, but none quite that close : )

Have a fabulous time in Minn Maggie and Paige. Maggie- I will get your card out so when you get back it is there (when are you going home??? hehehe)

Jeanette- still thinking of you and keeping you in prayers!

Darlene- hope my letter arrived there by now : )

Lynn- have a good day trip- hope it is not too stressful!

Kelly- Oh the days of the busy schedule is a distant blur- when is homecoming there? I have been cleaning closets- going to donate some dance dresses......taking up room in the closets.

Paige and Maggie- don't spend all of your money in one place!

One time, we went to Mall of America- the twins were about 5 or 6 and we lost Chris- I had Stephi and Ray had Katie and each of us thought the other had Chris and he wandered off- that was so frightening!

Off to work on Katie's room- wood floors round 2 next week Tuesday- we still have ALOT to do!!!

Shelly
Old 09-17-2013, 05:20 PM   #6117
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Maggie- my youngest sis' B-day is 2/24......my eldest sis was born 3/9, a year later brother born 3/4, a year later brother 3/9....I was born the following yr in April..... there are 3 more, but none quite that close : )

Have a fabulous time in Minn Maggie and Paige. Maggie- I will get your card out so when you get back it is there (when are you going home??? hehehe)

Jeanette- still thinking of you and keeping you in prayers!

Darlene- hope my letter arrived there by now : )

Lynn- have a good day trip- hope it is not too stressful!

Kelly- Oh the days of the busy schedule is a distant blur- when is homecoming there? I have been cleaning closets- going to donate some dance dresses......taking up room in the closets.

Paige and Maggie- don't spend all of your money in one place!

One time, we went to Mall of America- the twins were about 5 or 6 and we lost Chris- I had Stephi and Ray had Katie and each of us thought the other had Chris and he wandered off- that was so frightening!

Off to work on Katie's room- wood floors round 2 next week Tuesday- we still have ALOT to do!!!

Shelly
Shelly, you're so sweet! I still need to send a card to you too. I almost posted it the other day, but then decided I'd wait until I came back from SF. Never know what I might find while I'm there.

Oh, I think there will be lots of places up there to spend my $$.

Yikes, that would be very scary in a place like that. I remember once when my youngest DD was about 4 or 5 and we had just come home from a trip to the Grands and after we got everything out of the car, she went missing. We looked everywhere for her inside the house and outside and called around to friends in the neighborhood and couldn't find her. We were frantic. Then I went back in the house and searched again. She was in her bed, all curled up at the foot of the bed where I couldn't see her from the doorway.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-18-2013, 12:07 PM   #6118
Quacker Stamper

Looks like a lot of crazy things going on here at SCS. One of my other blogging group thread has disappeared from the forum and from my list of subscriptions.

Lynn says she can't get on here to our thread. She said she can get in other places, but not here, so it's crazy!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-18-2013, 12:32 PM   #6119
Die Cut Diva

Got in!!!!!!!! Maggie, I did find that tiny "Ignore Warning" button!!! But I went in through the notification that went to my e-mail that you'd posted here.
Crazy happenings!
Lynn
Old 09-18-2013, 03:42 PM   #6120
Stazon Splitcoast

I am getting a warning everytime I try to come to SCS about Malware......anyone else? I have to ignore the warning to stop by......

Just home from work and the timer on the oven is beeping- off to fix dinner.....

Yeah- my week off starts now!!!

Shelly