Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2013, 04:55 PM   #5801
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
Maggie it really does sound as though you have a good alarm system and company

Yes it is a wet Saturday here so hopefully some play time.

New Zealand is rocking again, and we even felt the first quake here, and all the vertical blinds were fair swinging. The epicentre is same place as July, on the north east tip of the South Island, but the intensity of the aftershocks is greater, the quakes more shallow and more frequent.... there have also been a few centred in Wellington and around the North Island. Fun. Must admit we got a basic 'emergency kit' sorted yesterday afternoon !!!

Other than that life trundles along here much as normal - mind you in a country known as the Shaky Isles, yesterday is sort of normal .
So far they are much better than the one I used to have that allowed my home to be burglarized not once, but twice!!!!! Hopefully that won't be happening again.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-16-2013, 04:57 PM   #5802
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Maggie it really does sound as though you have a good alarm system and company

Yes it is a wet Saturday here so hopefully some play time.

New Zealand is rocking again, and we even felt the first quake here, and all the vertical blinds were fair swinging. The epicentre is same place as July, on the north east tip of the South Island, but the intensity of the aftershocks is greater, the quakes more shallow and more frequent.... there have also been a few centred in Wellington and around the North Island. Fun. Must admit we got a basic 'emergency kit' sorted yesterday afternoon !!!

Other than that life trundles along here much as normal - mind you in a country known as the Shaky Isles, yesterday is sort of normal .
Yikes!!!!! That would make me so nervous about living there. I'm always afraid when I go to my DD's that they will have a quake. I don't want to be there. I hope you guys stay safe. Glad that you have an emergency kit put together.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-16-2013, 06:05 PM   #5803
Die Cut Diva

Maxine, that's scary about the earthquakes!!! Do you have these every year or is this something that doesn't happen very often? Just the thought of the ground shaking underneath gives me the shivers!!

Maggie, that's great that y'all got more rain.........nothing here - as usual. San Antonio got a good shower this afternoon I think as we could see all the dark clouds over there (about an hour and a half from here), but we didn't get anything except more blowing dust.

I'm still not sure where the day went today...........um......it didn't go on anything crafty though. I tried to make a card this afternoon and could NOT get my mind wrapped around anything........Maybe tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a good weekend - and Maxine, a good Sunday!
Old 08-17-2013, 05:47 AM   #5804
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts!

Up and out early this morning. I need to get a package to the PO and then to get to the grocery store for company coming for dinner tomorrow night.

My DD is having a Thrive party this afternoon. That has to do with food storage if you haven't heard about them. They sell shelving units and I want to get one for my storage room. Then I can get it all organized. That will be great!

I did get a little coloring done last night for PSC this week and hope that I can get it finished sometime today.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-17-2013, 08:06 AM   #5805
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Good morn, all!

Got in from dd's Orientation at High School and now off to chorus picnic for her chorus class of 2017! It's HOT HOT HOT here, too!

Maggie, have fun at the party!! I haven't heard of it but it sounds like something useful for crafters

Thank you for the compliment .. That's my new haircut, minus 5+ inches of hair. I've come to realize I wish I'd gone shorter, like another inch! The stylist said come on back if I felt like I wanted to go a bit more, no charge

Have a good day, girls!
Old 08-17-2013, 08:09 AM   #5806
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Maxine, do stay safe! I pray you are all safe and the rumblings stay far away.

I thought of you yesterday! I bought some fresh market royal gala apples for my treats (yum!!) and they were from New Zealand . Normally all I find is fruit from Chile, but I refuse to eat important fruits from Chile (just in case you girls aren't aware, look up the non regulatory rules for poisons and pesticides not FDA approved fruits imported from Chile .... yikes!!!!)
Old 08-17-2013, 08:17 AM   #5807
Die Cut Diva

Kelly, I like your new profile pic! Cute hair cut!

Maggie, I've never heard of a Thrive party either. Sounds like fun.

Gotta get moving on my day around here.....being totally lazy this morning.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:01 AM   #5808
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Kelly, I like your new profile pic! Cute hair cut!

Maggie, I've never heard of a Thrive party either. Sounds like fun.

Gotta get moving on my day around here.....being totally lazy this morning.
Back home after PO and grocery store. I did okay in the savings dept. I saved $103 which was mostly on vitamin supplements. Most were BOGO so I was glad I went there.

Thrive is freeze-dried foods for food storage. Shelf Reliance Discount

When they have parties, they bring different things to try and also they usually will prepare some dishes to taste to see if you will like them.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-18-2013, 02:22 PM   #5809
Die Cut Diva

I don't think I've ever even had much freeze dried food! Is it good?

I had every intention of checking in here this morning but Jim got stung by a bee (he's very allergic) and things just went poof around here. He's fine though.....got the Epipen, Benedryl and all that. We didn't have to go to the hospital which was a good thing!

Nothing else going on here today. Got a couple of cards made and that always makes me happy!

Hope everyone is having a good day.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:22 PM   #5810
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Finally, I can catch my breath! Life has been on super speed here and I am sad to say it is slowed down now......I worked three days- Stephi came home, so visited when I could- had a wedding shower Sat after work, then we had to get her ready to go. Ray and Stephi left today for Ky- they will visit my folks, then Ray will drive her back to school and he will be home Wed PM.....I am home alone for 3 days- working 2 of them.......

I went to buy screws for the floor at Home Depot, and came home with a car load of plants for the porch...... : ) : ) : ) So, in addition to screwing the wood upstairs on Tuesday, I am going to try to get some of these plants in and surprise the hubby. I will need a few more, but it is a start......

Lynn - I have never had to use my epi pen- that is pretty scary! Glad Jim is OK! Also glad to hear he told the tree people there would be a charge!!

Maxine- be safe!!!

Maggie- my parents started stocking up on food- and when I was down there, I showed my Mom how much food she had that was ready to expire..... They are going to be eating lots of canned green beans and soup in the next few weeks! Whola- I bet it would be hysterical to tape the cats during the day while you are away and see what they do while you are gone- Party at Maggie's Cat House!!!

Kelly- I am getting tired just listening to what you are up to! WheW! I think you will miss it one day......... Love your new pic- and the new hair cut!

Jeanette- how lucky are you- LOVE your storage units- the punch storage and the newer one. I have a thrift store I like to visit, and I have NEVER seen anything quite so cool! BTW, love the blinky you posted- I have NO clue how to post those!

Waving hi to Paige and Darlene!!!

Shelly
Old 08-18-2013, 08:03 PM   #5811
Pearl-ExPert

Hi girls - all good here, and the north of the South Island is starting to settle too - the joys of living on fault lines .

I have had a blast in the studio recently and have got a pile of cards made - I will try an schedule some post while I am away, as well as what I can get up this week...

DH is unwell again, but we had antibiotics on hand so got onto them yesterday, and he is making progress slowly.

Hi Shelly - hope you can slow down a bit now, you too Kelly

Maggie I am sure those cats must have a blast while you are gone I date my cans as I buy them and try and keep a regular rotation going - not always successful, but the intent is there!

Jeanette I wish I could find storage units like that in our thrift shops Great buys!!
Old 08-19-2013, 04:27 AM   #5812
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I don't think I've ever even had much freeze dried food! Is it good?
O
I had every intention of checking in here this morning but Jim got stung by a bee (he's very allergic) and things just went poof around here. He's fine though.....got the Epipen, Benedryl and all that. We didn't have to go to the hospital which was a good thing!

Nothing else going on here today. Got a couple of cards made and that always makes me happy!

Hope everyone is having a good day.
I hope Jim is okay now. Could be very scary.

That's funny that you should ask that because that's one thing we were talking about at the party. Whenever you talk about freeze-dried foods, invariably someone will ask - does it taste good?? The answer - Yes! It does. We had some really good snacks at the party - nachos with FD cheddar cheese; chicken salad on crackers - with FD chicken; spinach dip, mango salsa, soup. The soup was a knock off on one that is served at The Olive Garden, but I've never had it at OG so I don't know for sure, but my GF that has had it there, did say it tasted just like it. Freeze Dried foods just need to be rehydrated with water. For the most part, the foods sometimes even taste better because the nutrients are now more concentrated.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-19-2013, 04:29 AM   #5813
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
Finally, I can catch my breath! Life has been on super speed here and I am sad to say it is slowed down now......I worked three days- Stephi came home, so visited when I could- had a wedding shower Sat after work, then we had to get her ready to go. Ray and Stephi left today for Ky- they will visit my folks, then Ray will drive her back to school and he will be home Wed PM.....I am home alone for 3 days- working 2 of them.......

I went to buy screws for the floor at Home Depot, and came home with a car load of plants for the porch...... : ) : ) : ) So, in addition to screwing the wood upstairs on Tuesday, I am going to try to get some of these plants in and surprise the hubby. I will need a few more, but it is a start......

Lynn - I have never had to use my epi pen- that is pretty scary! Glad Jim is OK! Also glad to hear he told the tree people there would be a charge!!

Maxine- be safe!!!

Maggie- my parents started stocking up on food- and when I was down there, I showed my Mom how much food she had that was ready to expire..... They are going to be eating lots of canned green beans and soup in the next few weeks! Whola- I bet it would be hysterical to tape the cats during the day while you are away and see what they do while you are gone- Party at Maggie's Cat House!!!

Kelly- I am getting tired just listening to what you are up to! WheW! I think you will miss it one day......... Love your new pic- and the new hair cut!

Jeanette- how lucky are you- LOVE your storage units- the punch storage and the newer one. I have a thrift store I like to visit, and I have NEVER seen anything quite so cool! BTW, love the blinky you posted- I have NO clue how to post those!

Waving hi to Paige and Darlene!!!

Shelly
Yes, you do have to be careful if you're storing grocery food items because their shelf life is very short. On the other hand, most FD foods have a shelf life of 20-25 years, so you can have it for a pretty long time and not use it. I do know people who store it just for emergencies and will have it sitting on their shelves and never use it. The idea is to use it and rotate it.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-19-2013, 04:31 AM   #5814
Quacker Stamper

I'm calling the vet first thing this morning. Casper has tummy issues again and I really need to figure out what is causing his problems. He may need a food change, but I really don't know what to change it too and don't want to cause more issues, by just changing it to something else that might not agree with him.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-19-2013, 05:26 AM   #5815
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

I'm home again - and our company is gone (they spent the day with us yesterday, but not overnight). I'm trying to catch up in the threads.

You've been chatty! I love it! I won't try to comment to all of you - since my brain doesn't wake up until 9'ish. LOL! But I did read every post.

Scary about the bee... glad Jim is okay!

Maxine, I've lived where there are earthquakes/tremors (California) and they always seem scary to me. Hope you cope okay!

Kelly, I too love your avatar!

Maggie, that's interesting about the freeze-dried foods. Do they take up less space? If so, I'm thinking my DD might need some if/when she moves to the bush of Alaska.

Thanks to everyone on the comments about my storage units. I love them!!!

Okay, brain stopped functioning... and it's time for my morning commute. Hugs for all!!!
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
Come Chat with Me in the Chit Chat Forum
Old 08-19-2013, 05:54 AM   #5816
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning! First day of High School - WOAH on the torrential rains! It was literally a monsoon at 5:45 am this morning - those poor girls! They had to be early to hopefully get a locker but whew, the rains!

Sounds like everyone had a fun, busy and/or eventful weekend! Especially Jim! How scary, Lynn - glad he is okay, esp with an allergy.

I haven't been lucky to find anything at Goodwill (craft related) either! I hear all the time people scoring great deals. I have an online friend who's sibling works there and calls her ALL the time to tell her the scores of good stuff that comes in and she rushes in to get it Nice, huh!

Maggie, we don't store a lot of food with our heat and humidity but we do keep a stock of hurricane supplies on hand at all times. And that's exactly what we do - we rotate out the old and replace it with new, things like water bottles and canned veggies, etc ...
I hope Casper is better this morning, poor babe.

Thanks for the compliments on my avatar, girls - you made my <3 smile!

Taking my daughter out to lunch today - it was funny, she saw her sisters leaving for school and said "now what do we do all day with the kids in school?" LOL!!!!! Empty nester at 18? LOL!!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:04 AM   #5817
Stazon Splitcoast

Old 08-19-2013, 06:37 AM   #5818

Kelly, your oldest DD cracks me up! Enjoy lunch!

Old 08-19-2013, 08:23 AM   #5819
Die Cut Diva

Quick check in here - will catch up on all the chatter later..........off to get the old Boob-O-Gram in a minute! Gotta love those things! LOL!
Old 08-19-2013, 09:51 AM   #5820
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
I don't think SCS liked your glitter image Kelly because it got deleted the 2 places that I saw you posted it. I tried to open it from your e-mail and it said the site was blocked due to pornography!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-19-2013, 09:57 AM   #5821
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post

I'm home again - and our company is gone (they spent the day with us yesterday, but not overnight). I'm trying to catch up in the threads.

You've been chatty! I love it! I won't try to comment to all of you - since my brain doesn't wake up until 9'ish. LOL! But I did read every post.

Scary about the bee... glad Jim is okay!

Maxine, I've lived where there are earthquakes/tremors (California) and they always seem scary to me. Hope you cope okay!

Kelly, I too love your avatar!

Maggie, that's interesting about the freeze-dried foods. Do they take up less space? If so, I'm thinking my DD might need some if/when she moves to the bush of Alaska.

Thanks to everyone on the comments about my storage units. I love them!!!

Okay, brain stopped functioning... and it's time for my morning commute. Hugs for all!!!
I'm not sure - less space than what?? On the whole, they probably do since you can get a #10 can of say chopped broccoli that will make say 10 meals. Also, they don't can broccoli so you have to get it fresh or frozen. Also, you can buy it in what they call Pantry cans which are about 1/2 the size of a #10 can - a little bigger than a big soup can - like Progresso only taller. I bought a can of the FD asparagus which is probably my favorite vegetable. I can eat that right out of the can. It's very good. Being FD instead of dehydrated, it keeps so much of it's natural taste and goodness. It would probably be very good for her in Alaska. One of the ladies that was at the party on Saturday has a vacation home in Canada and she was ordering stuff to stock her pantry up there. Since the shelf life is so good, you can do that. Store it and forget it or just use it once a year - whatever works for you.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-19-2013, 10:00 AM   #5822
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Good Morning! First day of High School - WOAH on the torrential rains! It was literally a monsoon at 5:45 am this morning - those poor girls! They had to be early to hopefully get a locker but whew, the rains!

Sounds like everyone had a fun, busy and/or eventful weekend! Especially Jim! How scary, Lynn - glad he is okay, esp with an allergy.

I haven't been lucky to find anything at Goodwill (craft related) either! I hear all the time people scoring great deals. I have an online friend who's sibling works there and calls her ALL the time to tell her the scores of good stuff that comes in and she rushes in to get it Nice, huh!

Maggie, we don't store a lot of food with our heat and humidity but we do keep a stock of hurricane supplies on hand at all times. And that's exactly what we do - we rotate out the old and replace it with new, things like water bottles and canned veggies, etc ...
I hope Casper is better this morning, poor babe.

Thanks for the compliments on my avatar, girls - you made my <3 smile!

Taking my daughter out to lunch today - it was funny, she saw her sisters leaving for school and said "now what do we do all day with the kids in school?" LOL!!!!! Empty nester at 18? LOL!!
Sorry about the rain! Not fun going back to school on the first day and getting drenched in the process.

We have the heat and humidity here too. It does have to be stored in the house. I can't put any of this in the garage. Well, I could, but it wouldn't last as long as it does in the house and I like having it more handy. I really need to look through my pantry in the kitchen. I'm sure I have stuff in there that needs to be weeded out. In fact, I think I have a can of beans in the pantry that has been there for about 10 years! Why don't I just toss it out or use it?????????? I DON"T KNOW!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-19-2013, 05:50 PM   #5823
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post
Kelly, your oldest DD cracks me up! Enjoy lunch!
Thanks! We went to Olive Garden - yum! I even behaved myself - so many foods there I wanted to eat!

Maggie, hmmmm, not sure what's going on with the blinkies? Could be a crossed link somewhere - but wow, yeah, not cool for someone to high-jack with something naughty! Hmmmpf!! How did kitty do at the vet?

Dashing through -- still have to get a blog post up for tomorrow and we ran around getting a few school things. We had the basics, but you know how the teachers want exactly this or that. Still can't believe the kids are already back in school. Bah Humbug!
Old 08-19-2013, 06:20 PM   #5824
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Thanks! We went to Olive Garden - yum! I even behaved myself - so many foods there I wanted to eat!

Maggie, hmmmm, not sure what's going on with the blinkies? Could be a crossed link somewhere - but wow, yeah, not cool for someone to high-jack with something naughty! Hmmmpf!! How did kitty do at the vet?

Dashing through -- still have to get a blog post up for tomorrow and we ran around getting a few school things. We had the basics, but you know how the teachers want exactly this or that. Still can't believe the kids are already back in school. Bah Humbug!
That was so funny because I can view the blinkie here at home on my computer, but it wouldn't show up on my office computer. It's really silly because they have some sites blocked at work that are perfectly fine - just like your blinkie. There wasn't anything wrong with it at all, but it wouldn't let it post

Casper did very well at the vet. He had to get some meds. Just hope I can get him to take some tomorrow. They've been wandering around whining all night.

Spent some time watering the grass out front and flower beds tonight. I'd really like to get a blog post up too tonight that I've been putting off for awhile. And I'm going to try to get around and visit blogs tonight too. CYA
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-19-2013, 07:17 PM   #5825
Die Cut Diva

Sorry I haven't been keeping up and being chatty and all that. Doing fine here - but have a couple of sore boobs right now! LOL!

Maggie, that's really interesting about the freeze dried food. I'd love to taste it. Glad Casper got some meds today! Maybe he'll start feeling better.

Blinkie.......I don't see one that Kelly posted! Glad you had a good lunch today Kel!

Maxine, sorry your hubby is not doing well again! Hope he gets better and especially with you having the surgery soon. Will he be able to stay by himself while you're in the hospital?

Not sure if this qualifies as a DISCUSSION OF THE WEEK or not..................

Just wondering......would you rather watch a video of a new technique or how a card is made or would you rather read a tutorial on it? And why. Also, thought I'd be fun if when you see a good video or read a good tutorial, to share it with the group and we can all comment, etc.......I'll look for one tomorrow but if you already know of one you like and all, feel free to throw it out here......anytime!
Old 08-19-2013, 07:52 PM   #5826

Maggie, thanks for all the great info on the FD food... I'm pretty sure it would be a plus in the bush of Alaska. I'll tell DD about it.

Kelly, Yum! I love OG!

Lynn, sorry you're sore. Gentle hugs!

Old 08-20-2013, 04:24 AM   #5827

Old 08-20-2013, 04:40 AM   #5828
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts!

Got around to visit blogs last night. Hope to get something new on mine this week besides PSC.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-20-2013, 04:44 AM   #5829
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Sorry I haven't been keeping up and being chatty and all that. Doing fine here - but have a couple of sore boobs right now! LOL!

Maggie, that's really interesting about the freeze dried food. I'd love to taste it. Glad Casper got some meds today! Maybe he'll start feeling better.

Blinkie.......I don't see one that Kelly posted! Glad you had a good lunch today Kel!

Maxine, sorry your hubby is not doing well again! Hope he gets better and especially with you having the surgery soon. Will he be able to stay by himself while you're in the hospital?

Not sure if this qualifies as a DISCUSSION OF THE WEEK or not..................

Just wondering......would you rather watch a video of a new technique or how a card is made or would you rather read a tutorial on it? And why. Also, thought I'd be fun if when you see a good video or read a good tutorial, to share it with the group and we can all comment, etc.......I'll look for one tomorrow but if you already know of one you like and all, feel free to throw it out here......anytime!
LOL! So sorry Lynn. I need to call and make my appointment too. Not looking forward to that.

Thanks. Casper does seem to be back to his old self and things have improved in the potty dept.

DOTW - I seem to learn better by watching rather than someone telling me how to do something. That would be good to share.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-20-2013, 09:27 AM   #5830
Die Cut Diva

I like looking at the videos but really think I get more out of a tutorial sometimes. I'm looking for one right now that maybe everyone would enjoy......will let you know later. If anyone else has one already, be sure and link it and we'll take a look.

Jeanette, if your hubby decides to hit the brush of Alaska he needs to take Jim with him! Every time one of those TV shows comes on about the Alaska wilderness, Jim says we need to move up there!!!!!! Yikes!!! Doesn't he realize how COLD it is!!!!!!!!!!! I wouldn't last but maybe a day and then have to head back to Texas!

Shelly, hope you're enjoying your time by yourself even if you do have to work a bit.

Glad Casper is better today Maggie!

I finally figured out how a boob 0 gram feels.............it's like a die between two B plates on a Cuttlebug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!
Old 08-20-2013, 11:51 AM   #5831
Pearl-ExPert

Oh yes - those Boob O Grams are cruel, and I have one due this year . I am well endowed and have learnt to ask for the big plates, and take a couple of paracetamol and hour before my appointment!!

DH will be ok on his own thanks Lynn - having his meds in the house helps as we get him onto them early and he picks up quickly - I have a neighbour who will watch to see if he is up of a morning, and an action plan if he is not! I leave meals prepared for him in the freezer, and the church women will bring him meals if I am not home when expected.

Tutorials - I can work either way - I learnt to crochet from books when a child, long before videos etc
Old 08-20-2013, 02:27 PM   #5832

Lynn, it's my DD - in her mid 20's single and quite adventuresome - who wants to move to Alaska and teach school in the Bush. Not my DH. And no... she cannot take your DH with her. It wouldn't look right. LOL!

Maxine, ouch! I hope it goes smoothly when you have your appointment!

Maggie, I'm glad Casper is doing better!

Old 08-20-2013, 04:41 PM   #5833
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Oh yes - those Boob O Grams are cruel, and I have one due this year . I am well endowed and have learnt to ask for the big plates, and take a couple of paracetamol and hour before my appointment!!

DH will be ok on his own thanks Lynn - having his meds in the house helps as we get him onto them early and he picks up quickly - I have a neighbour who will watch to see if he is up of a morning, and an action plan if he is not! I leave meals prepared for him in the freezer, and the church women will bring him meals if I am not home when expected.

Tutorials - I can work either way - I learnt to crochet from books when a child, long before videos etc
When is your surgery again Maxine?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-20-2013, 04:52 PM   #5834
Pearl-ExPert

Um - repair of a prolapse of what's left of my 'lady bits'
Old 08-20-2013, 04:56 PM   #5835
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Um - repair of a prolapse of what's left of my 'lady bits'
Yes, I know what you're having done, just forget WHEN you're having the surgery.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-20-2013, 04:59 PM   #5836
Die Cut Diva

Jeanette, it probably wouldn't look right for Jim and your daughter to go together.....but then again, he's old enough to be her grandfather. I just couldn't do that at all.....way too cold!

Maxine, try not to worry about a thing during this surgery! You've got each and every one of us thinking of you and in our prayers!
Old 08-20-2013, 06:47 PM   #5837
Die Cut Diva

Ok, back to the Discussion of the Week...........

Here's a video.......................Creating Aged Backgrounds with Coffee - YouTube
Old 08-20-2013, 07:12 PM   #5838
Pearl-ExPert

Sorry Maggie - read your query incorrectly - I have surgery next Wednesday afternoon (local time) probably Wednesday morning, in the wee small hours, your time

I am not worrying Lynn - have DH sorted, unless he does something silly. Who knows what he will try to do when I am away The only thing I am really not looking forward to is the prep that I have to do here at home the night before..........
Old 08-20-2013, 07:16 PM   #5839
Die Cut Diva

Maxine, I won't even ask what the prep is!!! Yikes! How about we start thinking of you the day before the surgery too!
Old 08-20-2013, 07:37 PM   #5840
Pearl-ExPert

Thank you