Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2013, 12:10 PM   #5761
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Hi Shell! So good for you to check in and wow, what an update!! I'm glad your stamp show was a success - had to chuckle at the 'didnt' see how much i spent', lol! Sometimes that's best - the oppty doesn't come along very often, right? Tim Holtz! Lucky girl - I know a few people who've met him and he sounds amazing! My claim to scrapbooking fame was meeting Donna Downey - funniest and nicest lady ever!

I also saw that sale at joanns and didn't buy - I don't have any either, they are intriguing but I would love to color with one before jumping to buy any .. they look like I might have trouble with them, lol! They are like a cross between Stamingbella and Tilda, in a way!

My daughter drives herself to college and back, so yep, one less stop The other girls are High School - 11th and 9th, and then little man is going into 3rd grade He just got home, and already has homework! yikes!

x0x0
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #5762
Pearl-ExPert

Homework in third grade!!!! Yikes is right!!!!

Shelly, glad you're back. I know exactly what you mean about the would vac!!! Pain in the behind. Jim was on it for a while with his last leg by-pass - due to him getting a staph infection.
So glad you had a good trip and I saw all the pics on FB! Fun times and your parents look like they're fun to be around.
And, meeting Tim Holtz!!! Yikes! How exciting!!! Can't wait to hear more about what all you bought!

Jim's cooking chicken wings outside......so I'd better get everything else ready!
Old 08-12-2013, 06:59 PM   #5763
Pearl-ExPert

Oh Shelly, you asked about the humidity here............Bad! It's not as bad here as it usually is in Houston though. We just have a hot and humid climate. Right now it's 10:00 at night and still 92! Suppose to be up to 102 for the next couple of days and then back up to 104. Craziness!!! We'll start cooling off a little about November - and if we're lucky, toward the end of October. The good thing is that we don't get that cold here. We'll have freezes and all that but it never really stays unbearable more than a couple of days, then it warms up a little until we get the next cold front. It's just the summers that are really the killer around here.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:20 PM   #5764
Pearl-ExPert

O.K.. girls - you are feeling the heat, right??? Then come and visit and bring some with you - we have rain and dropping temperatures, oh, and high winds forecast too.

Held another card class this afternoon and we had a riot - I did some mosaics, and the girls are all self confessed perfectionists and found the random placing of small pieces of paper onto the background piece really challenging Fun!!
Old 08-13-2013, 03:15 AM   #5765
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
Morning all - all the onion talk got me to the market! LOL! Did my shopping earlier and I'm glad - I'm exhausted!

Ds went back to school! First day of school went well ~ we were all super tired this am getting up, it's hard after a summer of sleeping in and going to be late (them, not me!) I'm sure this week will be hard to re-adjust. Saw all the old familiar faces and classmates so it should be good! Had coffee with my mom friends and then I went off to the track.

I had so many people stop me and ask if I'd lost weight or I had lost weight and looked great - so I guess my hard work is paying off! I work out every single day and really watch what I eat. I am a Lifetime Member on WW but went above my goal weight a few years ago So now when I go back, I have to pay - ROFL! And that kinda bugs me - that I got that far above and in order not to pay, I"m back on the program - sort of
Instead of counting points religiously, I''m being super strict of what I eat and work out religiously and NOT ONCE did I step on the scales in the past 3 weeks! I have NO IDEA what I weigh! I know what I started at, so when I do step on it, I'll see if there has been any progress.

DD wants to bake a cake and needs 'supervision' - lol!
Have a great day, girls!
Glad everything went well with DS's first day back to school.

How nice for people to notice your hard work and glad to hear that you are back on track with watching what you eat.
One Stitch at a Time
Sunshine Mail Foundation Challenge Blog
Creative Card Crew
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 08-13-2013, 03:21 AM   #5766
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
I'm Baaaaccckkkkk! it took me a while to read through what I have missed in the past week : ) WOW!!!

It sounds as though everyone is well and lead such exciting lives!!!

I had a good visit with my folks- Dad is slowly improving with his huge leg wound.....and graduated from the wound vac the day before I arrived. So, I took them out to eat- he had not been going out because the stupid wound vac alarmed alot and it was, in general, a big pain.

I loved most of the classes and the shopping...well, I came home with more stuff than I thought I would.......I have no clue how much I spent, will see next month when the CC bill arrives. We do not have big stamp shows like this in the Chicago area- yes- we have Scrapbooking shows, but not stamping shows. I met Pat H from the Technique Junkies and Tim Holtz. I got a great tip on inking stamps from your ink pads- think I will blog it one of these days.....

Hahaha yes Maxine- that pic was my desk in a not too messy state! So glad your surgery preop went well and the date is set and all is going well with that!

Youzers Lynn- 104- even 99- that is HOT!!! I think I could tolerate the heat if it is not humid too- is your heat dry??? I am slowly adding more onions to my cooking- Mom used Vidalia's alot when we were growing up..... I can only eat cooked green peppers- they make my stomach upset if I have them raw......

Oh Kelly- back to the crazy schedule! Glad you had a relaxing summer- do you have any less driving with your daughter in college? What grades are your kids in??? Glad you are on track with your exercising! I need to get going- with the Fibromyalgia, I get stiffer when I do not move enough....

Jeanette- hope you stay sane with all of your business! Do you have back to school stuff or church activities going on??

Maggie- glad the cats are getting along well- yuck on the ear mites though- are they contagious from cat to cat? Glad Corey did well at the vet too : )
That is wild about your house alarm- it senses movement in the house too.....I did not know they did that........

Paige- so cool you and Maggie will meet IRL! I need to get some MOJO to get on a stamping binge- lots to do here and need to sign off and make a DT card for a post for later tonight!

Waving hi and Have a great day to everyone!!!

Shelly

PS- the Prima images- of which I have none........are 40% off at Joann online......... I know it was a discussion before I left....... I am holding off on buying them.......
Welcome back Shelly. So glad that you had a good time at the stamp show. I saw you photo on FB of Tim Holtz and Pat Huntoon! So great to get to meet them. I'm taking the class Tim Holtz workshop at ScrapFest and hope I get to meet him then too. Yes, I'm excited to get to meet up with Paige at ScrapFest too.

Yes ear mites are contagious and I have to keep an eye out for the other kitties to make sure they don't get them, and so far, so good.

I don't have Motion Sensor on my alarm system since I have cats in the house. The alarm would be going off all day.

Hmmmm. . I'll have to check out the Prima images at Joann's. Didn't know they sold stuff like that.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 08-13-2013, 03:25 AM   #5767
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Hi Shell! So good for you to check in and wow, what an update!! I'm glad your stamp show was a success - had to chuckle at the 'didnt' see how much i spent', lol! Sometimes that's best - the oppty doesn't come along very often, right? Tim Holtz! Lucky girl - I know a few people who've met him and he sounds amazing! My claim to scrapbooking fame was meeting Donna Downey - funniest and nicest lady ever!

I also saw that sale at joanns and didn't buy - I don't have any either, they are intriguing but I would love to color with one before jumping to buy any .. they look like I might have trouble with them, lol! They are like a cross between Stamingbella and Tilda, in a way!

My daughter drives herself to college and back, so yep, one less stop The other girls are High School - 11th and 9th, and then little man is going into 3rd grade He just got home, and already has homework! yikes!

x0x0
Does the 11th grade DD drive to HS now? That would certainly help you with not having to do so much running around? My DGD drives to school and she'll be able to take her brother most days except when she has music lessons. Then my DD will have to pick him up, but I think that's only 2 days a week now.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 08-13-2013, 03:28 AM   #5768
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
O.K.. girls - you are feeling the heat, right??? Then come and visit and bring some with you - we have rain and dropping temperatures, oh, and high winds forecast too.

Held another card class this afternoon and we had a riot - I did some mosaics, and the girls are all self confessed perfectionists and found the random placing of small pieces of paper onto the background piece really challenging Fun!!
Our weather actually had lower temps these days - only in the mid to upper 90's, but the humidity is horrible. Would love to be able to send you some and get some of that cooler weather from you - fair exchange

Sounds like a fun class. I've been toying with taking a class with Creative Ladder, but not sure I have the time to devote to it. I need to get my time more organized.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 08-13-2013, 03:30 AM   #5769
Quacker Stamper

Caught up!

I had a horrible day at work yesterday and so glad that I had plans to go to dinner with a GF. GAve me time to let my life settled back down again.

Spent time when I got home going around and visiting everyone's blogs and then had to do commenting on the PSC cards. After that it was bed time.

Tonight I need to be up at church working on genealogy. Hope to get some stamping done when I get home.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 08-13-2013, 05:21 AM   #5770
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Rushing through - waving at everyone - busy/crazy day here. Who am I kidding? It's a busy/crazy week, month, life!!!

Hugs for all!!!

And a special hug for Maggie - sorry yesterday was crummy at work. Hope today is much MUCH better!!!
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin Twisted Tuesday

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: Camping in the Forest
mschoener likes this post.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:51 PM   #5771
Pearl-ExPert

I will be posting my August swap card on Friday - to the right person - I am so glad I checked the list as I was going to send it to someone else - ooops Must be getting old!!!! and that is not a comment that needs to be replied to either
Old 08-13-2013, 03:22 PM   #5772
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post

Rushing through - waving at everyone - busy/crazy day here. Who am I kidding? It's a busy/crazy week, month, life!!!

Hugs for all!!!

And a special hug for Maggie - sorry yesterday was crummy at work. Hope today is much MUCH better!!!
It was better thank you! In as much as my boss was in a mediation all day and not back in his office.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 08-13-2013, 07:20 PM   #5773
Stazon Splitcoast

Glad you had a better afternoon, Maggie - gives you time to recoop and refresh the mind, right?

Maxine, can't wait to see your card - you do beautiful work!

I have had zero time to craft! I have been running in the afternoons on the trails and determined to get my butt into shape - by the time I get home, showered, clean up, get dinner on, then clean that up and dishes, etc... I'm done! I keep trying to dust off my stamps and ink them up, even that is slow going, lol.

I am so excited - just spied my name on the list for a stamp win! I had forgotten about the blog hop and went over to see if they had a challenge up this week and last month's hop winners were there - I won London ! So excited!! I used to live there, visited again a few years ago, and just drooled when I saw it Such a wonderful surprise tonight.

xoxo
Old 08-13-2013, 10:01 PM   #5774
Pearl-ExPert

Ah Kelly - you scared me and I thought I had it wrong again - nup - Jeanette is my partner this round . It'a card that I have already blogged, but I won't say which one until it arrives so I won't spoil the surprise.

Have been to the 'big' hospital again today for eye clinic, and DH is stable and doesn't have to go back for two months, so that is a relief, and it 'fits' with me too.

Thanks for all your comments on my blog ladies
Old 08-14-2013, 05:30 AM   #5775

Congrats on the win of an adorable stamp, Kelly! And you should have it - since you lived there!

Maxine, I'm excited... can't wait for the card to arrive. And also excited to hear your DH is doing well enough to not need to see the doctor for 2 months. BTW, when you said "post" the card... I think Kelly thought you meant post it to your blog. She didn't mean to confuse you.

Maggie, I'm so glad your day was better yesterday. Too bad the boss can't have mediation meetings EVERY day!

Old 08-14-2013, 06:27 AM   #5776
Pearl-ExPert

Sorry I didn't check in here yesterday!!! Jim had told a guy he'd cut some tree limbs, etc. for him since the guy didn't have a chain saw and all. We (you notice I saw WE) got there about 8:30 yesterday morning and started in on it. There weren't but about 4 trees.....however, nothing is ever as easy as it looks - right! Anyway, we finally finished about 1:30, got some groceries, grabbed something to eat, and came home. At 1:30 it was already up to 101!!!! I'm really thinking I had some heat exhaustion - probably both of us did. It wasn't good at all (but we did finish all the trees). We're both way too old for that sort of thing and it was beyond too hot. We were walking up to the house after getting home and Jim said the plants needed watering........I said, let 'um die! That's how bad I felt. So anyway, I managed to get a little commenting done and then was ready for bed. Just didn't feel like getting back on the computer........

Maxine, glad your husband is stable now and all is going good with you. We'll be thinking about you with this upcoming surgery!!

Kelly, that's fantastic about winning! WooHoo!!!!! I'm excited for you!

Better run for now........but will check back in later........
Old 08-14-2013, 08:33 AM   #5777
Forum Fanatic

Default Hello

I am supposed to be working on pulling carpet staples and sweeping, but thought I would procrastinate. Finnally caught up on blog commenting for SA, need to visit a few more blogs....whew!!! You guys make beautiful stuff!

I had quite the day yesterday...... I ran out the door for water exercise, and my car was dead...so took off in the other car- it is the kids car (no kids here- Ray drives it to work when he does not bike in.....). After water exercise- which was fabulous, I had a flat tire..... I had a Dr appt in Geneva- which is 45 min away for my jaw.....so after the tire was changed, traded hubby the car for the van which he got started somehow....got to the doc- it is under medical insurance not dental, so i spent 1/2 hour in the waiting area on the phone with insurance to get precertified......, Van started this time when I left the Dr office, stopped at Target on the way home- car would not start- hubby had to come rescue me- I got a jump, then ran to the car dealership - I was sure it was the Alternator- and it was the battery (which is only 2 yrs old.....) Hubby went to Firestone where he bought the battery- and they said it was under partial warranty, so it cost $60.00...... when I worked in ICU, bad things happened in 3's, so I just stayed home and did not drive anywhere or do anything last night.......hehehehe

Oh Lynn....I would have had heat stroke for sure- hot AND humid- did you bring an ample supply of fluids along??? Yikes!

Maggie- hope your day is better! How is your toe doing???

Maxine- glad the eye check went well- and the timing for everything works out well.

Kelly- good for you- I need to get on working harder on exercise- it sure helps the Fibromyalgia aches and pains! Congrats on your success with it too!

I have to make my swap card yet....will work on that after Saturday. I have a few cards/ATC's to catch up on.

Waving hello to everyone- have to get busy here- hubby is working at home today : )

Shelly
Old 08-14-2013, 08:47 AM   #5778
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Maxine, forgive me!! I meant to seeit on your blog, lol, not IRL ... Ooopsie! I bet you thought I fell off my rocker, lol!

Shelly, bless your heart! Yes, I think staying home was smart after all that! Hopefully your card will behave now

I can't recall who,asked, but no, sadly, my dd16 won't be driving to high school. You might remember the mishap she had this summer with my SUV while she is driving (only with dh), she won't drive alone for a good while. At least I only have two schools to pick up this year, not 4!!

Hi to all!

Went to church this am, had coffee, got my run in, have to go get groceries now, and shower!!! See you all later on!
Old 08-14-2013, 09:51 AM   #5779
Pearl-ExPert

Shelly, hope you're going to have a fun day with carpet and staples!!! LOL! What a horrible day that was for you yesterday! Talk about "if something could go wrong.....".......
Stay at home today!! I thought you were still working in ICU?

Kelly, I saw the picture of the trail on FB this morning.......very peaceful looking.

Going to grab something to eat and then work on a couple of cards today I think. Did all the outside chores this morning since it's already back up to 99 (1:00 p.m.).......UCK!!! Yes, we had plenty of water with us yesterday it was just hard work and too hot. Three complete trailer loads of limbs! I told Jim there would be no more volunteering his (and MY) services until it cooled down some! LOL!
Old 08-14-2013, 02:33 PM   #5780

Default Pictures of My Punch Storage

I know this is late - we left this discussion behind - but I've finally cleaned enough of my Cubbyhole to get some pictures of my punch storage, so thought I'd share.

Two of the pictures are of a drawer unit that sits to the left of my stamping desk. I bought it at an auction about 5 years ago and love it! It's actually similar to the drawer units that I purchased at our thrift store a few weeks ago. I have 4 or 5 drawers of small punches in it.

The other picture is the item that holds most of my old-style larger SU punches. Its original purpose was to hold VCR tapes. I bought it at the thrift store sometime in the past two years. It works perfectly for my punches - can have two rows of them on each "shelf". I sits on top of my lateral file (that holds all my SU cardstock)... and since I have no walls, only shelf units for my Cubbyhole, I have an antique wooden door behind the stamp storage (between the lateral file and the shelf behind it that faces the other way.) I actually LOVE this storage - and if I had the space in my Cubbyhole, I'd look for a taller one (they made them) so I could store my MS punches on it, too. I don't like the storage I currently have for them - it's just a plastic bin. UGH!
Attached Images
File Type: png punch 4.png (526.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: png punch 5.png (565.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: png punch 6.png (604.9 KB, 8 views)

Old 08-14-2013, 02:42 PM   #5781
Pearl-ExPert

Jeanette, these are fantastic things to store punches in!!! WOW!!! Our thrift store is only open one day a week.........tomorrow.........and think I need to get down there and see what they have since I've been in a few weeks! I don't know if I could be so lucky to find something like this, but one can always hope!
Old 08-14-2013, 02:44 PM   #5782
Stazon Splitcoast

Lynn, I don't blame you on waiting til it's cooler! It's unbearable out there in these temps. Today I forgot my baseball hat at home (that I always jog with) and my face has that raccoon sunburn, LOL! From where my sunglasses covered my eyes but not my nose @@

Holy Hanna, Forest - I think you need a few punches! You seem a little short! My word, that's like an entire store in there!!! WOW!

Dinner is calling - and I'm famished! They are having chicken and rice, me - salad, fruit and cottage cheese!
Old 08-14-2013, 02:51 PM   #5783

Thanks Lynn! I go to the thrift store about every week... you never know what you'll find. When I lost all that weight - 3 years ago - and had to have an entire new wardrobe, I bought all my clothes except my church clothes and my slacks at thrift stores and yard sales. I love the hunt!

Kelly, a girl NEEDS a lot of punches if she loves Punch Art as much as I do.

Old 08-14-2013, 06:09 PM   #5784
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Glad you had a better afternoon, Maggie - gives you time to recoop and refresh the mind, right?

Maxine, can't wait to see your card - you do beautiful work!

I have had zero time to craft! I have been running in the afternoons on the trails and determined to get my butt into shape - by the time I get home, showered, clean up, get dinner on, then clean that up and dishes, etc... I'm done! I keep trying to dust off my stamps and ink them up, even that is slow going, lol.

I am so excited - just spied my name on the list for a stamp win! I had forgotten about the blog hop and went over to see if they had a challenge up this week and last month's hop winners were there - I won London ! So excited!! I used to live there, visited again a few years ago, and just drooled when I saw it Such a wonderful surprise tonight.

xoxo
Woo Hoo! Congrats on the win. I just saw that image on a tutorial that I was looking at online. Very nice. Can't wait to see what you create with it. It's perfect for you.

I recoup when I get home at night away from the office and can relax - stamp, read, watch TV, sit on the patio (which is becoming my favorite thing to do these days). Anything away from the office is good.

I was going to walk again at lunchtime today, but my day got interrupted again. Got another call from the alarm company saying they had a glass breakage signal from my living room this time and that they had dispatched a police officer to my house! Yikes!!!! No, don't do that! Well, they did, so I had to leave to go home and meet the cop. Of course everything was okay, well, except for the glass bowl that had been sitting on the table next to the sofa in the living room which was now scattered in a bunch of pieces all over the floor. The officer was very nice when I got there. He said everything looked fine. He had walked around the house and checked it out. I told him it was most likely my kitties. He said he saw the white one sitting in the window watching him. The good thing was that the dog from across the way was running the neighborhood and he asked if it was mine. I said no and pointed out the house where it lived and told him that the dog gets out quite a bit and runs around the neighborhood barking at everyone. He said he'd go see if anyone was home and have a chat with them and if they couldn't keep it penned up, he'd send someone out to pick it up. Thank goodness! I've been wanting to call about that dog for so long but just never did. Now I'm glad that it's been handled. He was still in their driveway when I left to go back to work and the dog wasn't out anymore, so I hope that he was able to talk to someone there and defuse that situation.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 08-14-2013, 06:12 PM   #5785
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Sorry I didn't check in here yesterday!!! Jim had told a guy he'd cut some tree limbs, etc. for him since the guy didn't have a chain saw and all. We (you notice I saw WE) got there about 8:30 yesterday morning and started in on it. There weren't but about 4 trees.....however, nothing is ever as easy as it looks - right! Anyway, we finally finished about 1:30, got some groceries, grabbed something to eat, and came home. At 1:30 it was already up to 101!!!! I'm really thinking I had some heat exhaustion - probably both of us did. It wasn't good at all (but we did finish all the trees). We're both way too old for that sort of thing and it was beyond too hot. We were walking up to the house after getting home and Jim said the plants needed watering........I said, let 'um die! That's how bad I felt. So anyway, I managed to get a little commenting done and then was ready for bed. Just didn't feel like getting back on the computer........

Maxine, glad your husband is stable now and all is going good with you. We'll be thinking about you with this upcoming surgery!!

Kelly, that's fantastic about winning! WooHoo!!!!! I'm excited for you!

Better run for now........but will check back in later........
Did that homeowner help with the trees or did he leave it all to you and Jim? Does Jim charge for this, or does he just do favors for people? With all that work out in the heat and all, I would hope that if he doesn't charge, that they would pay him something for all that work.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 08-14-2013, 06:17 PM   #5786
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
I am supposed to be working on pulling carpet staples and sweeping, but thought I would procrastinate. Finnally caught up on blog commenting for SA, need to visit a few more blogs....whew!!! You guys make beautiful stuff!

I had quite the day yesterday...... I ran out the door for water exercise, and my car was dead...so took off in the other car- it is the kids car (no kids here- Ray drives it to work when he does not bike in.....). After water exercise- which was fabulous, I had a flat tire..... I had a Dr appt in Geneva- which is 45 min away for my jaw.....so after the tire was changed, traded hubby the car for the van which he got started somehow....got to the doc- it is under medical insurance not dental, so i spent 1/2 hour in the waiting area on the phone with insurance to get precertified......, Van started this time when I left the Dr office, stopped at Target on the way home- car would not start- hubby had to come rescue me- I got a jump, then ran to the car dealership - I was sure it was the Alternator- and it was the battery (which is only 2 yrs old.....) Hubby went to Firestone where he bought the battery- and they said it was under partial warranty, so it cost $60.00...... when I worked in ICU, bad things happened in 3's, so I just stayed home and did not drive anywhere or do anything last night.......hehehehe

Oh Lynn....I would have had heat stroke for sure- hot AND humid- did you bring an ample supply of fluids along??? Yikes!

Maggie- hope your day is better! How is your toe doing???

Maxine- glad the eye check went well- and the timing for everything works out well.

Kelly- good for you- I need to get on working harder on exercise- it sure helps the Fibromyalgia aches and pains! Congrats on your success with it too!

I have to make my swap card yet....will work on that after Saturday. I have a few cards/ATC's to catch up on.

Waving hello to everyone- have to get busy here- hubby is working at home today : )

Shelly
Oh, hey! That pulling staples and stuff can wait. You need your chat time!

I have a recipe that is so yummy that helps get your pain under control. I've eaten some and they really work well. I do need to make another batch of those things. All the goodness in one little cookie ball.

Yikes! So sorry about all your car problems today. I think I would have gone home and gone to bed and pulled the covers up over my head!

Toe is doing much better, thank you. It was more my foot than my toe I think and it's almost back to normal.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 08-14-2013, 06:21 PM   #5787
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Oh Maxine, forgive me!! I meant to seeit on your blog, lol, not IRL ... Ooopsie! I bet you thought I fell off my rocker, lol!

Shelly, bless your heart! Yes, I think staying home was smart after all that! Hopefully your card will behave now

I can't recall who,asked, but no, sadly, my dd16 won't be driving to high school. You might remember the mishap she had this summer with my SUV while she is driving (only with dh), she won't drive alone for a good while. At least I only have two schools to pick up this year, not 4!!

Hi to all!

Went to church this am, had coffee, got my run in, have to go get groceries now, and shower!!! See you all later on!
That was me that asked about your DD driving to school. I do remember about her accident. So sad. I remember when my first DD started to drive and I could send her to the store, to pick up her sister, or whatever. That is a good think that you only have 2 schools to pick from.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:25 PM   #5788
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post
I know this is late - we left this discussion behind - but I've finally cleaned enough of my Cubbyhole to get some pictures of my punch storage, so thought I'd share.

Two of the pictures are of a drawer unit that sits to the left of my stamping desk. I bought it at an auction about 5 years ago and love it! It's actually similar to the drawer units that I purchased at our thrift store a few weeks ago. I have 4 or 5 drawers of small punches in it.

The other picture is the item that holds most of my old-style larger SU punches. Its original purpose was to hold VCR tapes. I bought it at the thrift store sometime in the past two years. It works perfectly for my punches - can have two rows of them on each "shelf". I sits on top of my lateral file (that holds all my SU cardstock)... and since I have no walls, only shelf units for my Cubbyhole, I have an antique wooden door behind the stamp storage (between the lateral file and the shelf behind it that faces the other way.) I actually LOVE this storage - and if I had the space in my Cubbyhole, I'd look for a taller one (they made them) so I could store my MS punches on it, too. I don't like the storage I currently have for them - it's just a plastic bin. UGH!
Wow! Those are really nice and look like everything is just fine.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 08-15-2013, 04:28 AM   #5789

awwww... thanks, Maggie!

Old 08-15-2013, 05:15 AM   #5790

Drats!

Old 08-15-2013, 06:01 AM   #5791
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts! Rain here today. Yeah! It's so good for the new sod that was put down on Monday. Means I don't have to water.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 08-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #5792
Pearl-ExPert

Send some of that rain over this way Maggie!!!!!!!! Dry as a bone here again.
According to the "old-timers" around here, today marks the official beginning of the Dog Days Of Summer..........from now until Sept. 15th! I really think they're wrong this year though since I'm pretty sure we started all these "dog days" about 3 weeks ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, Jim did ask for money for doing all that trimming, hauling........Neither the land owner or his 24 year old son even offered to help either! Jim said, enough is enough!!!! I told him he needed to charge about $2,000 for doing all that! LOL!!!

Maggie, that's terrible about the alarm and all!!!!!! Mercy!!! Guess you're going to have to tie everything down in the house now!

Jeanette, I shop the thrift store too! I've really gotten some cute clothes there - mainly tops and stuff like that. I used to know a lady and that's the ONLY place she ever shopped! You just never know what you'll find.

Jeanette, loved the little mouse hopping around!

Is everyone getting ready for Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-15-2013, 12:06 PM   #5793
Pearl-ExPert

Heart

Morning girls - it is FRIDAY here
Old 08-15-2013, 12:51 PM   #5794
Stazon Splitcoast

Lol, Maxine .. Too funny! tGIf to you!

Maggie, glad all is well, sure sounds like your alarm company is right on the money. That's sad about the doggie, hopefully the owners will be a little more responsible. Nothing scarier than a dog on the loose!

Just got in and have to dash back out to Taekowondo ... What a day! I'm pooped!

Hugs!
Old 08-15-2013, 03:38 PM   #5795
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Send some of that rain over this way Maggie!!!!!!!! Dry as a bone here again.
According to the "old-timers" around here, today marks the official beginning of the Dog Days Of Summer..........from now until Sept. 15th! I really think they're wrong this year though since I'm pretty sure we started all these "dog days" about 3 weeks ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, Jim did ask for money for doing all that trimming, hauling........Neither the land owner or his 24 year old son even offered to help either! Jim said, enough is enough!!!! I told him he needed to charge about $2,000 for doing all that! LOL!!!

Maggie, that's terrible about the alarm and all!!!!!! Mercy!!! Guess you're going to have to tie everything down in the house now!

Jeanette, I shop the thrift store too! I've reaally gotten some cute clothes there - mainly tops and stuff like that. I used to know a lady and that's the ONLY place she ever shopped! You just never know what you'll find.

Jeanette, loved the little mouse hopping around!

Is everyone getting ready for Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wish I could Lynn.

I don't blame Jim for not wanting to do such a big job again. It's not his regular line of work and sounds like people could take advantage. I'm glad that he asked to be paid for it though.

LOL! I didn't know I had to child proof my house for these little guys.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 08-16-2013, 06:57 AM   #5796
Pearl-ExPert

MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maxine, I keep forgetting you're a day ahead of us!! Hope you're having a good SATURDAY!!!

Nothing special planned for today around here........guess that mean I have to clean house! UGH!!!!
Old 08-16-2013, 07:50 AM   #5797
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts!

NO, Lynn - no cleaning today. It's Friday. Play day!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 08-16-2013, 08:12 AM   #5798
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh I want a play day!

I'm glad it's Friday - getting back into the school swing is miserable! But all in all, a good week - hope everyone else had a good week, too and TGIF!

Bit of a busy weekend ahead here and hopefully I can squeeze in some cards I need to make - including little man who's birthday is coming up in September. He loves mommy's homemade cards, and I do believe he is my #1 fan, lol

Hugs!

Old 08-16-2013, 11:42 AM   #5799
Pearl-ExPert

Maggie it really does sound as though you have a good alarm system and company

Yes it is a wet Saturday here so hopefully some play time.

New Zealand is rocking again, and we even felt the first quake here, and all the vertical blinds were fair swinging. The epicentre is same place as July, on the north east tip of the South Island, but the intensity of the aftershocks is greater, the quakes more shallow and more frequent.... there have also been a few centred in Wellington and around the North Island. Fun. Must admit we got a basic 'emergency kit' sorted yesterday afternoon !!!

Other than that life trundles along here much as normal - mind you in a country known as the Shaky Isles, yesterday is sort of normal .
Old 08-16-2013, 03:53 PM   #5800
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Oh I want a play day!

I'm glad it's Friday - getting back into the school swing is miserable! But all in all, a good week - hope everyone else had a good week, too and TGIF!

Bit of a busy weekend ahead here and hopefully I can squeeze in some cards I need to make - including little man who's birthday is coming up in September. He loves mommy's homemade cards, and I do believe he is my #1 fan, lol

Hugs!

I do love your new avatar! So nice to see your face!

I want to get a couple blog posts done including the one for the Washi tape challenge card. Need to work on my PSC card and some other stuff.

Not too much going on here this weekend. I do have something tomorrow afternoon and friends coming for dinner on Sunday.

We had another good downpour this afternoon right after I got home from work. Really glad to see that so I don't have to use the sprinkler on the front yard for the new grass. It's much better to rain on it.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
MiamiKel4 likes this post.