In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search


Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2013, 06:54 AM   #5641
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In the Forest with my Forest Friends, of course!
Posts: 102,242
Default

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

YAY! Sounds like lots of us are going to have fun in the dog house (or as MARGARET calls it, the cat house.... hmmmmmmmmmmmm... not sure that sounds good. Seems like my dad used to say "Cat House" is not a good thing. )

Darlene, my surprise visit last weekend was WONDERFUL!!! We had so much fun!
__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member
DT/s: JessicaLynnOriginal
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin



My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
Come Chat with Me in the Chit Chat Forum
Forest Ranger is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 07:45 AM   #5642
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In the Forest with my Forest Friends, of course!
Posts: 102,242
Thumbs up

Wanna see what I found at a Thrift Store this week (for $10). I'm super excited. It has 68 drawers and is going to hold my individual stamps very nicely. My DH brought it home yesterday - and I spent an hour or so putting stamps in the drawers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg drawer unit 4.jpg (34.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: png drawer unit 5.png (614.8 KB, 10 views)
__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member
DT/s: JessicaLynnOriginal
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin



My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
Come Chat with Me in the Chit Chat Forum
Forest Ranger is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:44 AM   #5643
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: West of Chicago
Posts: 10,064
Default

Wow Jeanette- that is soooooo awesome! Perfect for stamp storage- you really lucked out- I think those drawers are $$$$$ !!!!!

I had a little bout with insomnia with the onset of menopause, but lately it is not bothering me. I am so crabby when I do not get enough sleep- and I get wicked headaches.....bless you both!

On the way to the P.O. today with a swap and one goes to Canada, so it cannot go in the mailbox.

I am up to my ears in sorting out the bedroom closet before I paint the room- I decided to start in the closet, so once I am done I can hang my clothes up in there......lots of stuff to pitch or give away too. Uggggg

I hope you all have a great day- I had better get running! Oh, a trip to the dog house sounds awesome- especially if it is in the UK and we all are going- how awesome is that!!!

Shelly
__________________
DT for Technique Junkies
DT for Sweet Stamps
My Blog-My Creative Rumblings
mcschmidty is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:36 AM   #5644
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In the Forest with my Forest Friends, of course!
Posts: 102,242
Default

Hi Shelly! Thanks! I think I got a great deal, too... loving my drawer unit.

yep.... never would have thought being in the dog house could be so much fun.
__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member
DT/s: JessicaLynnOriginal
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin



My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
Come Chat with Me in the Chit Chat Forum
Forest Ranger is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:03 PM   #5645
Pearl-ExPert
 
Kiwime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 2,813
Default

Hey Shelly - not the UK - too hot there, they are in the middle of a heat wave - come down to New Zealand it's just starting to warm up nicely.... and we could warm it up more with all the hot air from our chat and inspiration.............
__________________
Philippians 1:6 - I am a work in progress!
I Design for CCC Digi Challenge and Creative Craft Cottage Challenge
My Blog: http://kiwimeskreations.blogspot.com/
Kiwime is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:50 PM   #5646
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 132,933
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post
Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

YAY! Sounds like lots of us are going to have fun in the dog house (or as MARGARET calls it, the cat house.... hmmmmmmmmmmmm... not sure that sounds good. Seems like my dad used to say "Cat House" is not a good thing. )

Darlene, my surprise visit last weekend was WONDERFUL!!! We had so much fun!
Hehehehehe! The wrong kind of cat house is a naughty place you wouldn't want your children to go to. But my Cat House is a fun place - nothing naughty here unless one of the kitties is getting into trouble.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:54 PM   #5647
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 132,933
Default

Sounds like everyone is on board for the Dog House! Would be fabulous if that happened.

I'll have to show you a photo of what I found at Wally World for my 6 x 6 paper pads. I'm so excited and know that it is the perfect storage for them.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 04:04 PM   #5648
Die Cut Diva
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,078
Default

Jeanette, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm loving that storage unit for your stamps! That's awesome!! Maybe I need to check out the thrift shop this coming week! I love going to it since you just never know what you'll find.

Maggie, glad you got something at Walmart for your paper! Post a photo!

Sounds like everyone is on an organization kick! Shelly, I feel for you having to do the bedroom though! That's not half as much fun as a craft room!

Yep, we should all go to the CAT house - not dog house and in New Zealand for SURE!!!
__________________
My Blog: Creative Crafts by Lynn
Design For: Digi Haven
Design For: Tuesday Throwdown
jimlynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:37 AM   #5649
Gabfest Goddess
 
luvcardmaking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Southeast of Disorder
Posts: 7,146
Default

Morning Stamp Addicts!!

Maggie: glad that my second card arrived! Too bad about the glazing on the sunflower though, not the look I was going for LOL. Yes, the PO Box is fine, it's mine and more secure than our street mailbox so we use it a lot. Nothing was there on Friday, but I'll go to the PO on Monday so your card will likely be there. How fun to have some happy mail!!

Looks like I'd better check my passport, see if it's still up to date. Can't get to the doghouse in NZ with out it! LOL

Jeanette: that thrift store find has got to be one of the all-time BEST EVER scores!! Amazing that it was at a thrift store, those are expensive! So happy for you!

Everyone seems to be on an organizing kick. Hmmmm, guess I should give myself a kick in the rear and get busy too.

Nah, not today! LOL

Waving & wishing you all the best!
__________________
Darlene
Bijou's Blog

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
luvcardmaking is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:44 AM   #5650
Die Cut Diva
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,078
Default

Popping in this morning early.

Darlene, glad all is good with you!

Maggie, was that a picture of YOUR toe I just saw on FB? Ouch!!! Don't know what you could do except maybe tape it but OUCH anyway
__________________
My Blog: Creative Crafts by Lynn
Design For: Digi Haven
Design For: Tuesday Throwdown
jimlynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:55 AM   #5651
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 132,933
Default

Good morning Stamp Addicts.

Yes, Lynn, that was my toe on FB. I thought it might be broken, but now I think it's just really a bad sprain (stubbed) and bruised. I'm going to try soaking it in Epsom Salts and then wrapping it to see if that will help. And going to stay off of it as much as possible today. Luckily, my boss will be out of the office M-Th this week at the Family Law Convention in San Antonio, so I won't have a lot of running around to do and can take it easy at my desk with filing and closing files.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:58 AM   #5652
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 132,933
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcardmaking View Post
Morning Stamp Addicts!!

Maggie: glad that my second card arrived! Too bad about the glazing on the sunflower though, not the look I was going for LOL. Yes, the PO Box is fine, it's mine and more secure than our street mailbox so we use it a lot. Nothing was there on Friday, but I'll go to the PO on Monday so your card will likely be there. How fun to have some happy mail!!

Looks like I'd better check my passport, see if it's still up to date. Can't get to the doghouse in NZ with out it! LOL

Jeanette: that thrift store find has got to be one of the all-time BEST EVER scores!! Amazing that it was at a thrift store, those are expensive! So happy for you!

Everyone seems to be on an organizing kick. Hmmmm, guess I should give myself a kick in the rear and get busy too.

Nah, not today! LOL

Waving & wishing you all the best!
Darlene, both cards were awesome and the glazing was great. I sure hope mine gets to you on Monday. I haven't blogged it yet until you get it.

Enjoy your day!
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:14 AM   #5653
Die Cut Diva
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,078
Default

Maggie, I think that's about all you can do for that toe! Stay off of it for sure though - at least today and hopefully tomorrow.
How in the world did that happen anyway? Nothing hurts worse!
__________________
My Blog: Creative Crafts by Lynn
Design For: Digi Haven
Design For: Tuesday Throwdown
jimlynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:30 AM   #5654
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 132,933
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Jeanette, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm loving that storage unit for your stamps! That's awesome!! Maybe I need to check out the thrift shop this coming week! I love going to it since you just never know what you'll find.

Maggie, glad you got something at Walmart for your paper! Post a photo!

Sounds like everyone is on an organization kick! Shelly, I feel for you having to do the bedroom though! That's not half as much fun as a craft room!

Yep, we should all go to the CAT house - not dog house and in New Zealand for SURE!!!
Here are the before and after photos of my 6 x 6 paper pad storage. I can't buy any more until I use up one of the pads here because it is FULL! I even have some SU pads in there.

The before is an empty milk crate. Now I need to find a new use for it.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001 (7).jpg (43.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 002 (10) 1.jpg (46.9 KB, 10 views)
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
luvcardmaking likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:35 AM   #5655
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 132,933
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Maggie, I think that's about all you can do for that toe! Stay off of it for sure though - at least today and hopefully tomorrow.
How in the world did that happen anyway? Nothing hurts worse!
I was outside doing some yard work. That'll that'll teach me to do yard work again! I had started watering the tree and then moved on to the flower bed. I realized I had not planted the 3 plants I picked up from Lowe's earlier and I wanted them in the ground so I could water them also. Had to go to the garage to get the shovel and as I was going up the walk to the front porch, I somehow kicked my foot against one of the bricks edging the flower bed. I thought at first that I just scratched the top of my foot. It wasn't until much later last night when I saw it and realized how bad it was. Looks a very pretty shade of purple today all the way up into my foot.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:46 AM   #5656
Gabfest Goddess
 
luvcardmaking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Southeast of Disorder
Posts: 7,146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Darlene, both cards were awesome and the glazing was great. I sure hope mine gets to you on Monday. I haven't blogged it yet until you get it.

Enjoy your day!
Hi Maggie!

Ugh about your toe, I hope that you're right and it is just a sprain. Although sprains can really hurt! I hope that today & tomorrow are nice & easy days for you so that you can stay off of it and keep it elevated.

You're too kind about my cards, LOL. I didn't take any pics of them so they won't appear on my blog at all. Last 2 weeks were just too packed for me. Hoping that this week is much sllllooooowwwwwerrrrr!

Can't wait to see what you sent to me...Love your creations, excited to see one IRL.

Take care of that foot!
__________________
Darlene
Bijou's Blog

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
luvcardmaking is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:50 AM   #5657
Gabfest Goddess
 
luvcardmaking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Southeast of Disorder
Posts: 7,146
Default

Oops, forgot to say:
Your storage for 6X6 pads looks fantastic!!

I need to get off my duff about ribbon storage. Just haven't found an idea that grabs me yet. There are so many great methods out there, some of them offered by my friends here. I need to just pick one and DO IT. LOL Anything would be better than these 2 cardboard boxes of spools and a couple of plastic shopping bags...Right?!
__________________
Darlene
Bijou's Blog

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
luvcardmaking is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:22 AM   #5658
Die Cut Diva
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,078
Default

Great storage Maggie!!! Isn't it nice to have everything all neat and organized!

Ouch again on that toe!
__________________
My Blog: Creative Crafts by Lynn
Design For: Digi Haven
Design For: Tuesday Throwdown
jimlynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:10 PM   #5659
Pearl-ExPert
 
Kiwime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 2,813
Default

Oh Maggie - that toe must be SORE!! Glad you have a quiet week at work.

Those drawers are a great buy Jeanette- I would never have seen anything like that, they would have not even got to a thrift shop here! I must invest in some more drawers for paper storage - my trays are full, now I have started to buy it!!

My ribbons are in a couple of lengths of spouting that DH put up for me. with the ends of the rolls peeping over - plus a draw full of loose pieces
__________________
Philippians 1:6 - I am a work in progress!
I Design for CCC Digi Challenge and Creative Craft Cottage Challenge
My Blog: http://kiwimeskreations.blogspot.com/
Kiwime is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:28 PM   #5660
Die Cut Diva
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 3,100
Default

Waving hello to everyone!

Jeanette, I'm so jealous! What a fabulous find!

Maggie, I love your paper storage for 6x6 pads. I have mine in clementine boxes right now, but I need something that either stacks with easy access, or is longer in length. I am getting some of my 12 x 12 paper pads with their coordinating embellishments stored together and that feels good. Sorry to hear about your toe - ouch!

I pulled out a forgotten cross stitch kit and decided to make the little spool ornaments for my granddaughter for Christmas. She'll be too young to appreciate them for awhile, but maybe some day they will have meaning for her. I hope to make her an ornament of some kind every year.
__________________
Paige
My blog: She Who Must Stamp

Paige is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:32 PM   #5661
Die Cut Diva
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,078
Default

Paige, the ornaments every year are a wonderful idea for your granddaughter! I know whatever you do will be so creative and cute.

Maxine, you said your ribbon was in a couple of lengths of spouting. What's spouting - or am I already suppose to know this.

Will see everyone in the morning. Been a long day and no crafting involved.
__________________
My Blog: Creative Crafts by Lynn
Design For: Digi Haven
Design For: Tuesday Throwdown
jimlynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:12 PM   #5662
Stazon Splitcoast
 
MiamiKel4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Miami by location, Germany by Heart
Posts: 21,280
Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4
Default

Whew, y'all are chatty!! I'm sorry to have missed all the chatter, been loving our weekend time and it's my son's last week of summer

Jeanette that is an incredible find!! I keep checking Goodwill over and over to no avail. I hear people says they find SU stamp sets for $2 $3! Not me, lol!

I finally got the Cabana back in order! It's so organized and ready to craft (of course, and as irony would have it, I dont have free time, lol). I also got the treadmill back in its place and did 2.6 on that tonight ..woot!

Maggie, saw your toe ...have mercy!!! It looks so painful! I hope it's not broken.

Hi to everyone, see you tomorrow!
__________________
~Kelly~
*My little blog*
Designing for: Riley and Company Stamps Cornish Heritage Farms Just For Fun Rubber Stamps
MiamiKel4 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:03 PM   #5663
Pearl-ExPert
 
Kiwime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 2,813
Default

Umm - Lynn what we call spouting you may call guttering.... it's what's on the edge of the roof to catch the water.... it fits ribbon spools beautifully. DH was a plumber way back, and it was so simple for him to put up the couple of short lengths he had on hand
__________________
Philippians 1:6 - I am a work in progress!
I Design for CCC Digi Challenge and Creative Craft Cottage Challenge
My Blog: http://kiwimeskreations.blogspot.com/
Kiwime is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:44 AM   #5664
Gabfest Goddess
 
luvcardmaking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Southeast of Disorder
Posts: 7,146
Default

Morning Stamp Addicts!!

Maxine, I thought it may be gutters that you were talking about. I've seen pics of that storage and it looks great! So convenient to be able to see all of your ribbon too.

Maggie: sure hope that you were able to sleep comfortably with your injured toe/foot. Sometimes those seem to get worse at night.

Kelly: glad to hear that the Cabana is all organized and ready for you when you get the time!

Paige: could you show us a picture of the spool ornament when you get it done? I would love to see it. Making an ornament every year for your grandchild is so special. They will be treasured for sure!

Well ladies: It's about time for me to hit the shower and start the work day. Wishing everyone a great day today!
__________________
Darlene
Bijou's Blog

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
luvcardmaking is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:27 AM   #5665
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In the Forest with my Forest Friends, of course!
Posts: 102,242
Default

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Thank you for all the sweet comments about my drawer unit. I'm seriously considering going back to the thrift store today to see if they still have the other one. My hesitation is that I have no idea where I'd put it. UGH!

Maggie, ouch! I hurt for you and I haven't even seen the picture of your toe. Great storage for your paper!

Maxine, I've seen the ribbon stored like that - and wish I could do it, too. It looks so handy. My problem is, I have no walls in my Cubbyhole (my craft area) so I can't.

Kelly, it's hard to believe school starts in a week. EEK! So glad to hear about the Cabana! Hope you get time to have some fun in there soon!

Oops! Time for the morning commute... so I'll just wave at the rest of you! I ♥ you all!!!
__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member
DT/s: JessicaLynnOriginal
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin



My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
Come Chat with Me in the Chit Chat Forum
Forest Ranger is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:13 AM   #5666
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 132,933
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcardmaking View Post
Hi Maggie!

Ugh about your toe, I hope that you're right and it is just a sprain. Although sprains can really hurt! I hope that today & tomorrow are nice & easy days for you so that you can stay off of it and keep it elevated.

You're too kind about my cards, LOL. I didn't take any pics of them so they won't appear on my blog at all. Last 2 weeks were just too packed for me. Hoping that this week is much sllllooooowwwwwerrrrr!

Can't wait to see what you sent to me...Love your creations, excited to see one IRL.

Take care of that foot!
It's doing better today. I think keeping off of it for the most part helped and I have a pair of flip flops that have thick heavy soles so I'm sure they helped to immobilize my toes.

Hopefully you'll get thata card today! It's very simple really, but I really like the way it turned out.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:14 AM   #5667
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 132,933
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcardmaking View Post
Oops, forgot to say:
Your storage for 6X6 pads looks fantastic!!

I need to get off my duff about ribbon storage. Just haven't found an idea that grabs me yet. There are so many great methods out there, some of them offered by my friends here. I need to just pick one and DO IT. LOL Anything would be better than these 2 cardboard boxes of spools and a couple of plastic shopping bags...Right?!
I keep my ribbons in some of those plastic shoe boxes you can buy at Walmart and other places. They are sorted by colors.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:25 AM   #5668
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 132,933
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
Waving hello to everyone!

Jeanette, I'm so jealous! What a fabulous find!

Maggie, I love your paper storage for 6x6 pads. I have mine in clementine boxes right now, but I need something that either stacks with easy access, or is longer in length. I am getting some of my 12 x 12 paper pads with their coordinating embellishments stored together and that feels good. Sorry to hear about your toe - ouch!

I pulled out a forgotten cross stitch kit and decided to make the little spool ornaments for my granddaughter for Christmas. She'll be too young to appreciate them for awhile, but maybe some day they will have meaning for her. I hope to make her an ornament of some kind every year.
Paige, glad that you're getting those 12 x 12 pads and embellishments stored away. I know how it feels to get organized so it's easier to find things. My room is still a work in progress. Thanks, it's doing somewhat better today.

I'm sure your cross stitch gifts will be appreciated so much when she is old enough to understand the love and work that went into creating them for her.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:28 AM   #5669
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 132,933
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
Whew, y'all are chatty!! I'm sorry to have missed all the chatter, been loving our weekend time and it's my son's last week of summer

Jeanette that is an incredible find!! I keep checking Goodwill over and over to no avail. I hear people says they find SU stamp sets for $2 $3! Not me, lol!

I finally got the Cabana back in order! It's so organized and ready to craft (of course, and as irony would have it, I dont have free time, lol). I also got the treadmill back in its place and did 2.6 on that tonight ..woot!

Maggie, saw your toe ...have mercy!!! It looks so painful! I hope it's not broken.

Hi to everyone, see you tomorrow!
Thanks Kelly, No, it isn't broken, but sprained and bruised up. Looks worse today because the bruising goes all the way up into my foot.

Can't believe the summer is just about over already. Our kids don't go back to school though until the 26th which is later than they usually have gone. It's been about the 15th for years now.

Nice to have your Cabana all cleaned and organized even if you can't use it right now. When you do have a few spare minutes, you might be able to get in there and create something.

And yay for getting on the treadmill. I'm afraid now with this sore toe, I'm not going to be able to get out and walk or workout for awhile again.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:31 AM   #5670
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 132,933
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcardmaking View Post
Morning Stamp Addicts!!

Maxine, I thought it may be gutters that you were talking about. I've seen pics of that storage and it looks great! So convenient to be able to see all of your ribbon too.

Maggie: sure hope that you were able to sleep comfortably with your injured toe/foot. Sometimes those seem to get worse at night.

Kelly: glad to hear that the Cabana is all organized and ready for you when you get the time!

Paige: could you show us a picture of the spool ornament when you get it done? I would love to see it. Making an ornament every year for your grandchild is so special. They will be treasured for sure!

Well ladies: It's about time for me to hit the shower and start the work day. Wishing everyone a great day today!
As a matter of fact, I slept better last night than I have for a long time. Was in bed with the light out at 10 and I slept all the way through the night until about 5:25, right before the alarm would go off at 5:30. I was surprised because I had to get up on time and usually when I've got something like that on my mind, I don't sleep well. I was able to get on the road at 7:15 this morning and was at SNAP just at 7:30. Got Glinda dropped off for her surgery and will pick her back up later today.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:55 AM   #5671
Die Cut Diva
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,078
Default

Maxine, that's for explaining what spouting was. That seems like a great way to store ribbon. The only thing I don't like about mine, is that if one of the spools runs out I have to take all the spools off the rod to get the single one. Pain!!!

Kelly, know you're busy with school coming up and all. Have a good week with the kids.

Maggie, glad the toe is doing a little better.....That sure is alot of bruising though if it goes up on your foot.

Jeanette, I'm like you with the walls except I already have so much on mine I'm not sure where I'd put the spouting (gutters).

Darlene, hope you have a good work week!

Rushing though right now........it's already been a crazy day and I haven't even made the bed yet.........Um.......don't even think I will since I want to go craft! I can be pretty worthless at times. Oh, when I get a minute I'll tell y'all the story about Rambo and the snake........Yesterday was a pretty frightening day!!!

Since we're all talking about organizing paper and such I thought I'd throw out a quick Discussion of the Week with this.............How do you organize your punches! They're such a pain to have to find a place for, etc. since they're all different it seems!
__________________
My Blog: Creative Crafts by Lynn
Design For: Digi Haven
Design For: Tuesday Throwdown
jimlynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:24 PM   #5672
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: West of Chicago
Posts: 10,064
Default Hello

Just wanted to say I am working tomorrow, then I am heading to my folks home in Ky...then going to Stampaway in Cinci, then heading to hubby's class reunion- will be back on Sunday night.

I may be a stranger.....but...now that I know how to post pictures here, I may grab pictures of punch storage before I head out.....

Shelly
__________________
DT for Technique Junkies
DT for Sweet Stamps
My Blog-My Creative Rumblings
mcschmidty is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:32 PM   #5673
Die Cut Diva
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,078
Default

Have a safe and fun trip Shelly. We'll see you when you get back.
__________________
My Blog: Creative Crafts by Lynn
Design For: Digi Haven
Design For: Tuesday Throwdown
jimlynn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #5674
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 132,933
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Maxine, that's for explaining what spouting was. That seems like a great way to store ribbon. The only thing I don't like about mine, is that if one of the spools runs out I have to take all the spools off the rod to get the single one. Pain!!!

Maggie, glad the toe is doing a little better.....That sure is alot of bruising though if it goes up on your foot.

Jeanette, I'm like you with the walls except I already have so much on mine I'm not sure where I'd put the spouting (gutters).

Darlene, hope you have a good work week!

Rushing though right now........it's already been a crazy day and I haven't even made the bed yet.........Um.......don't even think I will since I want to go craft! I can be pretty worthless at times. Oh, when I get a minute I'll tell y'all the story about Rambo and the snake........Yesterday was a pretty frightening day!!!

Since we're all talking about organizing paper and such I thought I'd throw out a quick Discussion of the Week with this.............How do you organize your punches! They're such a pain to have to find a place for, etc. since they're all different it seems!
My GF at work thought it looked broken but I don't think so. I'll find out when I try to put a real pair of shoes on.

I'm another one with no wall space. One wall is all windows, and the others are covered with shelves and book cases.

I thought I saw something are Darlene being on vacation this week, but don't quote me on that.

Don't worry about the bed. I'm glad that I'm not the only one that doesn't always get it made up.

DOTW, I got an over-the-door shoe hanger that has double holders and I keep most of my punches in there. In my closet I have a shelf with Martha Stewart punches on there. Then I have a 2 small drawers with small punches in them that I just haven't been able to part with yet. The closet shelf photo is an older one. Now there is a whole line of punches across the front.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 007.jpg (50.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Supply drawers.jpg (55.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Closet shelves.jpg (59.7 KB, 8 views)
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:51 PM   #5675
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 132,933
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
Just wanted to say I am working tomorrow, then I am heading to my folks home in Ky...then going to Stampaway in Cinci, then heading to hubby's class reunion- will be back on Sunday night.

I may be a stranger.....but...now that I know how to post pictures here, I may grab pictures of punch storage before I head out.....

Shelly
Sounds like you're going to have a fun week Shelly. Well, except for the working tomorrow. Have a safe trip.

A stranger??? Where???? Certainly not here? Can't wait to see all the photos.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:09 PM   #5676
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: West of Chicago
Posts: 10,064
Default

Yes- I will be a stranger when I return...... I will not be back until Sun night.....

Ok Pic;s of my punches.....
I have an over the door hanger like Maggie- for mostly SU punches

On the desk top of the desk top (which we got from a neighbor's garbage....) I have little white storage containers...... That is where I store the MS punches (mostly). In the future, I want to punch out shapes and tape them to the outside to find them faster.......

I have a small drawer unit with smaller misc punches that I did not take a picture of..... they are the older style where you have to lean your entire body into it and come close to cracking your wrist in two to get them to punch.... I have weak wrists......hehehehe

Off in the AM- Thanks so much for the well wishes- and I am going to add a picture of my son- the one that is never going to get marries with a few pictures of him and his GF at the wedding they were at this weekend.....

PS- Maggie- I think your toe looks broken....... That happened to my son- a dog ran over his toe- and it was broken- less bruised than yours- OUCH!!!

See you all in a week
Shelly
Attached Images
File Type: jpg punchphoto3.JPG (122.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg punchphoto2.JPG (140.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg KaylaandChrisatWedding.jpg (48.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg punchphoto1.JPG (112.7 KB, 9 views)
__________________
DT for Technique Junkies
DT for Sweet Stamps
My Blog-My Creative Rumblings
mcschmidty is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:36 PM   #5677
Pearl-ExPert
 
Kiwime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 2,813
Default

Yeah right - he's not going to get married?? He looks pretty smitten there!!

Love your desk Shelly - it could be best friends with mine - they look equally busy

Sounds as though you had better get your toe 'looked at' Maggie
__________________
Philippians 1:6 - I am a work in progress!
I Design for CCC Digi Challenge and Creative Craft Cottage Challenge
My Blog: http://kiwimeskreations.blogspot.com/
Kiwime is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:03 AM   #5678
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 132,933
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
Yes- I will be a stranger when I return...... I will not be back until Sun night.....

Ok Pic;s of my punches.....
I have an over the door hanger like Maggie- for mostly SU punches

On the desk top of the desk top (which we got from a neighbor's garbage....) I have little white storage containers...... That is where I store the MS punches (mostly). In the future, I want to punch out shapes and tape them to the outside to find them faster.......

I have a small drawer unit with smaller misc punches that I did not take a picture of..... they are the older style where you have to lean your entire body into it and come close to cracking your wrist in two to get them to punch.... I have weak wrists......hehehehe

Off in the AM- Thanks so much for the well wishes- and I am going to add a picture of my son- the one that is never going to get marries with a few pictures of him and his GF at the wedding they were at this weekend.....

PS- Maggie- I think your toe looks broken....... That happened to my son- a dog ran over his toe- and it was broken- less bruised than yours- OUCH!!!

See you all in a week
Shelly
Hmmmm. . . so glad to see that I'm not the only one with a messy desk.

I know what you mean about weak wrists. I don't have much strength either and have gotten rid of punches that are too hard to use.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:33 AM   #5679
Die Cut Diva
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 3,100
Default

Storing punches is a frustration for me. There are too many brands and sizes and shapes for them to fit nicely into one kind of storage. Plus I have a lot, but never the one I need at the moment. Right now some are on shelves right behind my stamp table within easy reach. I tried to make different tiers with boxes and styrofoam to hold more on each shelf, but it's crowded. Some are in little bins, boxes and baskets. Ideally they would all be in one place and visible so I remember what I have. I like the idea of punching the shapes and putting on the outside of containers so I know at a glance what is inside. I also like the over the door shoe hanger, but then I'd have to get up and walk to the other side of my room to get a punch - oh the horror! Then again I could count that as exercise!
Hmmm, now I feel like doing some minor (or major) reorganizing in my stamp room!

Have a great day everyone!

Shelly, I have heard that Stampaway is a great event. And speaking of great events. i will be attending Scrap Fest at Mall of America in September and I will get to meet, in person, the infamous...








wait for it...










Maggie!

I am so excited!
__________________
Paige
My blog: She Who Must Stamp

Paige is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:42 AM   #5680
Swapper of the Month March 2013
 
Forest Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In the Forest with my Forest Friends, of course!
Posts: 102,242
Default

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

ummmmmmmmmm... I think I see future wedding bells in that picture. *just sayin'

Shelly, have a great trip! We will miss you.

Maggie, I hope your toe doesn't rebel too loudly when you put on real shoes.

I don't think Darlene is on vacation - but I could be wrong.

Maxine, I love your statement about Shelly's desk.

Lynn, I had walls in our previous home's craft space and I miss them.

Loving the pictures of the punch storage. I would post some pictures of mine - except that isn't possible. I have piles and piles in my Cubbyhole. I moved/removed a bunch of stuff yesterday and placed it in stacks of boxes, etc.... in anticipation of my DH picking up the second drawer unit from the thrift store. Yep... I loved the one I bought so much that I measured and measured, and squeezed and measured.... until I found a spot to put the second one. Bought it yesterday.
__________________
Jeanette
Excited to be a BRAK member
DT/s: JessicaLynnOriginal
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin



My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
Come Chat with Me in the Chit Chat Forum
Forest Ranger is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off