Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2013, 04:27 AM   #5441
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
Good morning everyone! It's almost afternoon! Oh, I got in sooooo much snuggle time last week/weekend it was great! It was hard to share her with DH!

There were some funny moments at the convention. At one point my DD and her husband were off looking at the stoneware and pottery and my son and I were with the baby and people would stop by and tell us what a beautiful baby we had! My son and I looked at each other and thought oh no they think this is our baby! Another time my son was holding his niece and my son-in-law was getting her bottle ready and I was thinking people are going to think these two guys have this baby! Ha!

Yesterday DH and I went to an auction (because he is still pumped up about buying red wing stoneware) and we got home late. I totally forgot to write the post for my blog today! I had the card up but no description and didn't even think about it until late morning - sheesh!

So have any of you ladies gotten into the Gorjuss Girl stamps or the Prima Doll stamps? I did break down and get a couple of the Prima Dolls because they remind me of paper dolls that I loved playing with as a child. But I would like to hear your opinions on the Gorjuss Girls if you have them or have seen them.

Another thing I need some ideas for is some of my 12 x 12 paper collections come with stickers, chipboard and other embellishments. I want to keep all the parts of the collection together. Are there inexpensive containers/bags/envelopes in that size to hold it all in one place? I'm thinking if you ladies don't have it, it doesn't exist!
I haven't bit the bullet yet and purchased any of the Prima Doll stamps. They are really cute and do remind me of paper dolls. I used to have tons of those when I was a kid. The Gorjuss Girl stamps I've seen but haven't purchased any yet either.

My 12 x 12 designer paper I keep in those hard plastic 12 x12 boxes hthat are about 3" thick, so they hold a lot. I used to use the soft plastic ones that open to about 1 inch. Those would be good for a collection with the stickers, chipboard and embellishments. You can get them at Michael's I know. Can't remember how much they cost, but you get a bunch of them in a package.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-17-2013, 04:29 AM   #5442
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
Hi girls - Glad to hear DD is still humming Kelly

Maggie roses are virtually indestructible - feed them well (acid food, not lime) early spring and mid-summer in particular, but not in fall or winter. In late winter cut them down to about one third the size, leaving three or five main branches with a growth bud facing out. Cut out any branches that are crossing over each other, and they will love you and flower like heck about 6 weeks later .

The roses we have here were here when we moved in - I think we planted three as we were given a garden voucher and there were some gaps..... I have started pruning early as I want them all done before surgery, and we often have lots of rainy damp days and pruning is best done in the dry.

Talking of babies - I was told DGD looked like me when she was only a couple of weeks old... interesting as now she looks far more like her father

Better get up now as it is gym this morning and I have to be our early, It's a bit of a sprint to get there on time some mornings - a good warm up
Thanks for the information on the roses. Sounds like it's about time to feed them.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-17-2013, 04:31 AM   #5443
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post
Just so you know... I think each and every one of you are Gorjuss/GORGEOUS Girls!!!
Jeanette, you're pretty Gorjuss yourself!!!!!!!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-17-2013, 04:35 AM   #5444
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts!

Today is the day to take Corey to the vet to be declawed. I think he's not going to make more real progress inside until he can be out here with the rest of the family and I can't do that until I get him declawed and get him on the inside cat food. He has to have an office visit, but then I'll leave him there for his surgery and he'll stay over night and I'll pick him up tomorrow after work. He'll have to be separated again for a few days because he has to have special litter in his box. So by next a Monday or Tuesday, he should be able to come out of the bedroom.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-17-2013, 05:08 AM   #5445
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Jeanette, you're pretty Gorjuss yourself!!!!!!!
awwww... thanks, Maggie!
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: The Forest in the Fall
Old 07-17-2013, 05:09 AM   #5446

Maggie, I'm thinking of you and Corey today - I'm assuming it will not be easy to take him to the vet's office and very traumatic for the poor little guy, too.

mschoener likes this post.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:24 AM   #5447
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Good Morning!

And I agree - that was super sweet and we think you're pretty gorgeous, too, J!
Old 07-17-2013, 08:57 AM   #5448
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post
Maggie, I'm thinking of you and Corey today - I'm assuming it will not be easy to take him to the vet's office and very traumatic for the poor little guy, too.
couldn't have been farther from the truth! He was a little angel. I was able to entice him to me with the smell of kitty canned food and just grabbed him and stuck him in the carrier. No protest! He was in the carrier for about 45 min. before we left and was just so good. Did not cry, hiss, or growl on the way to the vet and was very docile at the vet's. I was truly amazed at the difference in him. So all is good so far. I'll call later in the afternoon to make sure he's okay otherwise pick him up tomorrow afternoon.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
luvcardmaking likes this post.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:29 AM   #5449
Pearl-ExPert

What a sweetie Corey is - my old boy is pretty laid back, but he still cries all the way to the vets and back ....
Old 07-17-2013, 11:54 AM   #5450
Die Cut Diva

Great news about Corey! He'll do just fine Maggie.

Well, the first wave of company just called and they should be here tonight sometime!!!!!!! YIKES!!!! We really weren't expecting anyone until Friday. Oh well........the next wave arrives Friday morning............SO...........Y'all are going to have to carry on without me for over a week now. Hopefully I can at least sneak the iPad into the bedroom at night and try to keep up with all the chatter and maybe even let you know I'm surviving.............
Old 07-17-2013, 01:12 PM   #5451
Pearl-ExPert

My swap card has arrived - thanks you soooooooooo much Paige - it is beautiful .

Wonderful start to the day - we are off to the Area hospital (an hour's drive) for an eye appt for DH today.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:27 PM   #5452
Stazon Splitcoast

{{{ Here's a hug for the lovelies at the vet and dr's! }}} Glad Corey is doing good and Maxine, hope you get a great check-up at the eye dr!

Paige, I googled the prima dolls after seeing your post and they are unique! They do remind me of paper dolls Have fun playing with those!

Enjoy your company, Lynn - we'll hold down the fort!
Old 07-17-2013, 01:59 PM   #5453

Awww... how sweet of Corey. He understood that his Maggie/Mama was taking good care of him and he wants to be a good boy. Love it! Hope the surgery goes smoothly and he's soon home and recovered so he can be incorporated into the living quarters.

Lynn, we will miss you - but totally understand! Enjoy your company!

Maxine, hope all goes well with your DH's doctor appointment!

Kelly, how is DD doing today? Still singing?

mschoener and Kiwime like this post.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:11 PM   #5454
Pearl-ExPert

Thank you for all the ideas for keeping collections of papers together. I knew this was the place to ask! I hope to get to a Michaels' this weekend or next. The closest one is an hour and a half away.

I have to agree that you are all Prima Gorjuss Gals!

Maxine, so happy the card arrived! Hope the Dr. appt went well.

Maggie, I'd never be able to get either of our two cats to a vet. They run and hide when they see our suitcases come out and we've never even tried to take them away with us!
The last time we took one of the cats to the vet, she was so stressed she shed a ton of fur all over my shirt as I was holding her down for her shots. I looked like I was wearing a fur coat myself!

Hope everyone has a pleasant evening. It's a humid one here. I'm hungry, but don't feel like cooking or grilling.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:42 PM   #5455
Forum Fanatic

Default Hello

Hello Gorgeous Gals!!! You are right Jeanette- this is a group of Gorgeous ladies!!! Thanks for saying that too- put a big smile on my face.

Oh Maggie- hope the cat did OK- so tell me- what is Casper so much bigger in the picture than Corey- is it that he is not finding alot to eat outside for himself? How do you keep him from running out the door when you open it to enter/exit?

Kel- isn't it hard to see the kids go through anything with pain? Since I am the nurse, and hubby cannot tolerate blood or throw-up, I do alot of the 'nursing'...... I hope you get a retrieve from the rain soon!

Lynn- enjoy the company! I cannot wait to see what you do with the front/back images : )

Maxine- I am so bad with Roses- I have one plant I do nothing with- it has some twigs with little black dots- my Mom told me a couple of yrs ago to cut them down and put nail polish on them as they were some sort of Rose worm- I never did that - and it is blooming and full as can be......
Loved your torn paper card- very cool!

Paige- I had to read your post to hubby- it is hard to tell these days- and funny that people would assume or think the baby is with the two guys.......Such is the world we live in....... So glad you are getting lots of snuggle time! I have seen quite a few projects on Pintrest using the Prima dolls- they are very cute- they look really big- so far I have resisted buying any........

We ripped out the carpet in our bedroom- except for the closet- Oh there is sorting to do (yuck).....I spent a few hours yesterday pulling carpet staples out of the floor......I am really stiff today, but water exercise helped alot!
Well, I am working tomorrow, so I had better get to bed!

Nite all
Shelly
Old 07-17-2013, 08:50 PM   #5456
Pearl-ExPert

Hi girls,

Have been to Hamilton and back and had an unpleasant surprise - DH 's left eye, which was the one giving trouble, but which had been responding to treatment so he was put on three monthly check-ups, has got markedly worse again. The nurse practitioners called the doctor who was on duty in the clinic, and she gave him another Avastin injection, and we have to go back again in about 4 weeks to see the consultant .

To add to it, when we went back to reception for the appointment, the consultant isn't there during the forth or fifth week (which gets DH in before my surgery), so we are in a bit of limbo at the moment.... grrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!! Please pray we can get this sorted - thanks
Old 07-18-2013, 04:30 AM   #5457

Good Morning to all my Gorjuss Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Paige, I hope you'll find what you need when you go shopping.

Shelly, glad I could make you smile!

Maxine, I'm sorry your DH didn't get good news on his eye. Praying for the timing and good news for both of you!

Old 07-18-2013, 10:46 AM   #5458
Gabfest Goddess

Hi Gorgeous Addicts! "You look Maaahvelousssss" hehehe

Maxine: that is so upsetting about your hubby's eye and the appointment scheduling. Prayers for a quick solution to put your mind at ease!

I have missed a bunch going on around here - too many things pulling me away from SCS lately. So, just give me a shout to fill me in.

Looks like our Corey is an angel. Hope that all goes well at the Vet's & he heals up quickly!

Shelly is busy busy with carpet removal (yuck) are you putting in wood floors or new carpet?

Lynn's boarding house has no vacancies. Hopefully everyone tips well, LOL

Kelly is super Mom - again!

Paige is revisiting childhood playthings...forcing me to go check them out.

Jeanette is (accurately) calling us all gorgeous!

who did I leave out??? anyone? I certainly hope not!

Waving from the 98 degrees with high humidity - but not very hard, don't want to work up a sweat.

Luv ya all!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 07-18-2013, 11:59 AM   #5459
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
What a sweetie Corey is - my old boy is pretty laid back, but he still cries all the way to the vets and back ....
I called about 2 hours ago and they had just removed the bandages. Said Corey was preening himself.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Kiwime and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:59 AM   #5460
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Great news about Corey! He'll do just fine Maggie.

Well, the first wave of company just called and they should be here tonight sometime!!!!!!! YIKES!!!! We really weren't expecting anyone until Friday. Oh well........the next wave arrives Friday morning............SO...........Y'all are going to have to carry on without me for over a week now. Hopefully I can at least sneak the iPad into the bedroom at night and try to keep up with all the chatter and maybe even let you know I'm surviving.............
Lynn, don't worry about us. We'll be fine although we'll miss your lovely face around here. Just go and enjoy your company and have some fun!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-18-2013, 12:00 PM   #5461
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
My swap card has arrived - thanks you soooooooooo much Paige - it is beautiful .

Wonderful start to the day - we are off to the Area hospital (an hour's drive) for an eye appt for DH today.
So sorry about DH's eye being worse than before. I sure hope they can do something about that and give him some relief. Drive carefully.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-18-2013, 12:07 PM   #5462
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
Thank you for all the ideas for keeping collections of papers together. I knew this was the place to ask! I hope to get to a Michaels' this weekend or next. The closest one is an hour and a half away.

I have to agree that you are all Prima Gorjuss Gals!

Maxine, so happy the card arrived! Hope the Dr. appt went well.

Maggie, I'd never be able to get either of our two cats to a vet. They run and hide when they see our suitcases come out and we've never even tried to take them away with us!
The last time we took one of the cats to the vet, she was so stressed she shed a ton of fur all over my shirt as I was holding her down for her shots. I looked like I was wearing a fur coat myself!

Hope everyone has a pleasant evening. It's a humid one here. I'm hungry, but don't feel like cooking or grilling.
Except for sicknesses that have to have a vet, I don't take my kitties to the vet either. It has always been pretty traumatic for them and I don't like to get them upset. And they are inside kitties, so they are not prone to any outside kitty diseases. LOL! Yesterday when they saw me bringing in the carrier, they scattered! Casper hid until after I had left the house.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-18-2013, 12:10 PM   #5463
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
Hello Gorgeous Gals!!! You are right Jeanette- this is a group of Gorgeous ladies!!! Thanks for saying that too- put a big smile on my face.

Oh Maggie- hope the cat did OK- so tell me- what is Casper so much bigger in the picture than Corey- is it that he is not finding alot to eat outside for himself? How do you keep him from running out the door when you open it to enter/exit?

We ripped out the carpet in our bedroom- except for the closet- Oh there is sorting to do (yuck).....I spent a few hours yesterday pulling carpet staples out of the floor......I am really stiff today, but water exercise helped alot!
Well, I am working tomorrow, so I had better get to bed!

Nite all
Shelly
Well, Casper just is bigger than Corey. Corey has always been a little bit smaller than Casper. Corey weighed at 8' 7 oz. yesterday, and the last time I had Casper in there, he was 11 pounds! He's a big boy. Corey never had a problem with food. I always put food out for the kitties.

LOL! They don't sit by the door when I go in or out. So far Casper has not been interested in going back outside. The other 2 don't want anything to do with the outside world. I do make sure one of them is not right by the door when I go in and out, but really it hasn't ever been an issue.

How are you feeling after pulling up the carpet and getting all those staples out? Just keep remembering how nice it's going to look once you get it done.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-18-2013, 12:12 PM   #5464
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Hi girls,

Have been to Hamilton and back and had an unpleasant surprise - DH 's left eye, which was the one giving trouble, but which had been responding to treatment so he was put on three monthly check-ups, has got markedly worse again. The nurse practitioners called the doctor who was on duty in the clinic, and she gave him another Avastin injection, and we have to go back again in about 4 weeks to see the consultant .

To add to it, when we went back to reception for the appointment, the consultant isn't there during the forth or fifth week (which gets DH in before my surgery), so we are in a bit of limbo at the moment.... grrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!! Please pray we can get this sorted - thanks
Oh, such a bummer! I hope the injection helps. I have no idea what Avastin is, but I sure hope that injection is not in his eye. Ick. I hate anything to do with my eyes. Gives me the heebie jeebies.

Hope the scheduling all works out for you both.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-19-2013, 03:09 AM   #5465

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Maggie, how is Corey doing today?

Old 07-19-2013, 03:19 AM   #5466
Quacker Stamper

eGood morning Stamp Addicts!

Jeanette, I always love your timely pictures!H

Corey is doing fine. Of course he scurries under the bed when I get up out of bed, but then has to poke his head from under the bed skirt. He was hungry this morning. I had to give him a pill and put it in a pill pocket. I hope he'll eat it that way because there's no way I can get him to give it to him.

So glad that it's Friday. Going to see Wicked tomorrow night with DD and family and then going to dinner with them. Sunday I have friends coming for dinner. Somewhere in there I need to clean the house.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
luvcardmaking likes this post.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:56 AM   #5467

Thank you, Maggie! So glad to hear Corey is doing okay this morning. What a sweet little guy!

Sounds like you have some fun plans in the works!

Old 07-19-2013, 06:55 PM   #5468
Pearl-ExPert

Kelly - did you know you have won the July Card Kit from A Day for Daisy's?? Congratulations!
mschoener and Forest Ranger like this post.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:20 PM   #5469
Die Cut Diva

Checking in.........feel like the Griswolds family vacation - and have never left the house. we have 8 people here in a one bedroom, one bath house. Plus two dogs that hate each other and one cat that is just mad she cant come in the house. I won't even go into the rest until later!
Old 07-19-2013, 07:54 PM   #5470
Pearl-ExPert

Oh Lynn that sounds like organised chaos!! Hope you survive it all with a smile. here's a spare one for you
Old 07-20-2013, 03:03 AM   #5471
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Checking in.........feel like the Griswolds family vacation - and have never left the house. we have 8 people here in a one bedroom, one bath house. Plus two dogs that hate each other and one cat that is just mad she cant come in the house. I won't even go into the rest until later!
Ugh! I certainly feel for you!!

No wonder the card you posted was "Hang in There"!!! (Loved it by the way!)

We're here for you, come & vent.

Old 07-20-2013, 03:08 AM   #5472
Gabfest Goddess

Morning Addicted Friends!

Today there is the promise of stormy weather (later on) and with it will finally come some relief from the heat and humidity! Yippee!!

I want to get my craft on early, later today I'm taking some friends to the airport, then will begin house sitting for them while they are away. Hmmmm, huge house overlooking a lake, sunroom, decks, patio, loads of lovely gardens to water...boo hoo, poor me! hehehehehe

Plus, as a bonus, I get a break from an extra person who's crashing here for a while. DD30 showed up unexpectedly a week ago, announcing that she needed to stay with us during a job change until she gets back on her feet. She's like living with a tornado so it's stressful. So yeah, twist my arm, ok yes! I will go and house sit on the lake!!!

Old 07-20-2013, 03:16 AM   #5473
Gabfest Goddess

Maggie:
Yesterday I attempted a kitty card for you & yours (thinking especially of Corey). I've had the stamp forever and not used it successfully, including yesterday. However, I'm just going to send the card to you anyway. But I am going to include a proper card for you too! LOL

Old 07-20-2013, 04:52 AM   #5474
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Kelly - did you know you have won the July Card Kit from A Day for Daisy's?? Congratulations!
That's the one I told her about earlier. Not sure if she ever saw that post. Pretty cool!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-20-2013, 04:54 AM   #5475
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcardmaking View Post
Maggie:
Yesterday I attempted a kitty card for you & yours (thinking especially of Corey). I've had the stamp forever and not used it successfully, including yesterday. However, I'm just going to send the card to you anyway. But I am going to include a proper card for you too! LOL
Oh, I can't wait to see it! I'm sure it's wonderful.

I'm working on ideas for your card. I want to do one with the Washi tape. I've had some ideas but don't have it on cardstock yet. I hope to soon though!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-20-2013, 04:56 AM   #5476
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Yikes! I hope you all survive!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-20-2013, 05:50 AM   #5477

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Oh my, Lynn! I would not manage your situation well at all! HUGE hugs! (If Darlene didn't sound so excited about her house sitting gig - it really sounds like she's looking forward to time alone??? - I'd suggest you go bunk with her.

Darlene, how fun! My DD house-sits (pet-sits) for a couple in a church often. In fact, she's there for a long-weekend now. And she loves it. It overlooks a lake, sunroom, I don't think there's a deck, patio, and lots of gorgeous flower beds to water. You might be neighbors this weekend. I got to go meet my DD's house-sitting family when I went to see her in March. They are very nice and their home is GORGEOUS and peaceful!

Maggie, hope you and your kitty friends are having a good weekend!

Maxine, how are things going?

Waving to everyone else, too!

Old 07-20-2013, 07:18 AM   #5478
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Yes, I did, thank you Maxine! My friend hit me up on Facebook while we were gone and told me, since they only give you a week. I contacted her when we got back, still in the week, and had the kitty/puppy digi stamps pack within a few hours just hope I can do them justice!

Running around starts ..... Now!! Hugs for all!
Old 07-20-2013, 02:55 PM   #5479
Quacker Stamper

Hi Stamp Addicts!

It's been a busy day here. Corey is getting better each day with how he reacts to me, so hopefully by the start of the week, he'll be able to join the rest of the family.

This week I was thinking for some unknown reason that today was the 27th which is when I'm going to go with my DD and family to see Wicked. I thought it was today, but not. I have to wait until next Saturday. Guess I'm just anxious to go.

Spent the good part of the day cleaning up the garage and putting things in boxes and bags. I have a good friend who owns a huge second hand shop that I'm going to take some things to and then some is going to the local Area Ministries store. It looks much neater now. I didn't really throw anything away yet, just cleaned and organized.

Off to shower as soon as my washer is done and then hope to get in some stamping time.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-21-2013, 12:02 AM   #5480
Pearl-ExPert

Well our shakey Islesd are shaking again - this time it is Wellington that is rockin' and rollin'. No causalities or major structural damage reported at this time - the quakes have been going on an off since Friday.
They have been felt north of here but we have not noticed any thankfully!