Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2013, 04:09 AM   #5401
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Lazy day around here finally! Started cleaning the adobe here at 9:00 this morning and finally just said enough was enough about 3:00! Whew! Still have the kitchen to go - but tomorrow's another day. Don't know what got into me today - I mean I was cleaning baseboards, window sills, the works! Yikes! We have a load of company coming in on Friday. They leave on Monday and then my daughter and two girls hit here Tuesday and will be staying until Saturday. I figured I could get the entire house good and clean this weekend and then just surface clean on Thursday before they all get here. Housework really is a drag!!!!!!!!!!

Shelly, your wood floors will be wonderful! So easy to keep clean and all.
Yeah for the kids to come for a visit. It is so nice to have the whole house clean from top to bottom. I'm still trying to decide if I should try to find a new cleaning person.

Yes, it is a drag, but I always like it when my house is all cleaned up.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-14-2013, 04:11 AM   #5402
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
These are the cards I taught at class this past week - I will be 'blogging' them, but thought I would share here first.
Lovely cards Maxine. I really like the grunge/vintage one a lot.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-14-2013, 04:14 AM   #5403
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts!

Had a busy day yesterday but didn't get into my stamp room at all.

Yesterday Corey actually let me touch him like he used to outside. Let me pet him, scratch his ears and he just loved it. This morning - not so much. He's so unpredictable. I am going to call the vet on Monday to see about getting him declawed. I think he'll be fine with the other kitties and I think he'll warm up to me more when he's out and about.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-14-2013, 03:57 PM   #5404
Die Cut Diva

Maggie, that's great that you're able to get closer to Corey now. I bet he fits right in before long!

I think 3/4 of the entire state is rainy right now.........but not here! Bummer. MAYBE we'll get some later on. Keep your fingers crossed for us!

Oh Jeanette, your card will be in the mail in the morning!!!!!!!! YEA!
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:28 PM   #5405
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Maggie, that's great that you're able to get closer to Corey now. I bet he fits right in before long!

I think 3/4 of the entire state is rainy right now.........but not here! Bummer. MAYBE we'll get some later on. Keep your fingers crossed for us!

Oh Jeanette, your card will be in the mail in the morning!!!!!!!! YEA!
Sorry you're still dry up there. We had a little more rain tonight. I was at my DD's for dinner and about 8 PM it started thundering and lightning so I left. I didn't want to get caught in a storm. It rained almost all the way home and had rained some at my house, but not a real downpour. We are supposed to get more this week, so I hope it rains pretty good.

It's a day to day thing with Corey. Today he really didn't want to have anything to do with me. I did let Casper go in and visit him and they did okay. It's really funny to see them together. Casper is so much bigger than Corey, but they both have the same kind of whiney meow.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-14-2013, 06:38 PM   #5406
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Evening ladies! VERY Tired mama here -- we rolled into town and I had a million things to get done! Like LAUNDRY! And guess who does NOT have a dryer! Me!!!!! It broke the day we were leaving. I'm sure it's a belt issue, I heard it squeaking a week or so ago - told dh who promptly ignored that - lol! Now it just turns on, will heat, and not cycle around - so guess who gets to fix it - DH!!!! I had to bite my tongue not to say "I told you so!" -

We were SOOO excited to see our daughter!! I tell you, it was HARD to go - I almost *amost* was **this close** going to not go, but that's not fair to the other kids. We did had a good time. Came home to find the a/c in her car broke the day we left!!! SERIOUSLY?! She had to ride to school in this scorching heat and torrential rains with no a/c (as in couldn't roll the windows down in the rain) I felt terrible for her, but dh worked on it when we got in and an hour later, fixed it up - woot!

These things come in 3's right? I'm hoping Buster was the first - and the dryer and a/c are 2 and 3! LOL!!

My dd16 gets her 4 impacted wisdom teeth out in the morning at 8 am I'm so not looking forward to her surgery. Her sister did well (same oral surgeon) but dd16 is allergic to so many things, including antibiotics .. ay, I'll be on bended knee for sure.

Hugs to the kitties, Maggie!

Stay safe in that rain, ladies. We had a whopper of a storm here in Miami, I heard - maybe part of Chantal?? We had gorgeous weather in Orlando, except for one day (friday) where it rained - POURED - for better part of an hour and then went away as quickly as it showed up. My daughter said all it did was rain and rain and rain.

Blessings to all!
Old 07-14-2013, 06:44 PM   #5407
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
Evening ladies! VERY Tired mama here -- we rolled into town and I had a million things to get done! Like LAUNDRY! And guess who does NOT have a dryer! Me!!!!! It broke the day we were leaving. I'm sure it's a belt issue, I heard it squeaking a week or so ago - told dh who promptly ignored that - lol! Now it just turns on, will heat, and not cycle around - so guess who gets to fix it - DH!!!! I had to bite my tongue not to say "I told you so!" -

We were SOOO excited to see our daughter!! I tell you, it was HARD to go - I almost *amost* was **this close** going to not go, but that's not fair to the other kids. We did had a good time. Came home to find the a/c in her car broke the day we left!!! SERIOUSLY?! She had to ride to school in this scorching heat and torrential rains with no a/c (as in couldn't roll the windows down in the rain) I felt terrible for her, but dh worked on it when we got in and an hour later, fixed it up - woot!

These things come in 3's right? I'm hoping Buster was the first - and the dryer and a/c are 2 and 3! LOL!!

My dd16 gets her 4 impacted wisdom teeth out in the morning at 8 am I'm so not looking forward to her surgery. Her sister did well (same oral surgeon) but dd16 is allergic to so many things, including antibiotics .. ay, I'll be on bended knee for sure.

Hugs to the kitties, Maggie!

Stay safe in that rain, ladies. We had a whopper of a storm here in Miami, I heard - mayb
e part of Chantal?? We had gorgeous weather in Orlando, except for one day (friday) where it rained - POURED - for better part of an hour and then went away as quickly as it showed up. My daughter said all it did was rain and rain and rain.

Blessings to all!
Welcome home Kelly! Glad you had a good time in spite of everything!

Sorry about the dryer and the car, but glad DH was able to fix the car.

Prayers that your DD16's tooth extraction goes well tomorrow.

Kelly, you need to check out Paper Playful. I saw your name the other day as a winner for a challenge, but I can't remember which one. It was only about 2 days ago, maybe 3. And at the top of the list.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:41 AM   #5408
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Maggie, I think it sounds like Corey is making a lot of progress from where/how he was at first. Hang in there!

Kelly, welcome home! Praying today goes okay! Hugs!

Lynn, how exciting. I still need to get yours made. Sorry! It's near the top of my To Make list.
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin Twisted Tuesday

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: The Forest in the Fall
mschoener and MiamiKel4 like this post.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:31 AM   #5409
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning friends, sitting in the dr with dd and praying! I'm super nervous this morning (so is she but she is much better at being brave!) they are going to take her in for prep in a few minutes

Maggie, thank you for showing me the PP notification ... I actually found out while on vacation! My friend hit me up up on Facebook when she saw that you only have a week to claim the prize, otherwise, I would have totally missed it :/

How are the kitties this morning?

Okay, sweet friends ... I'm going to sit with dd in pre-op ... Hugs all around.
mschoener likes this post.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:45 AM   #5410
Die Cut Diva

Kelly, I'll be thinking of your daughter (and YOU) this morning!
Glad you made it back ok and all that.........awful about the dryer going out. There's nothing worse than having to go to the laundry mat to dry clothes!

Well..........no rain here still. We have an 80% chance today - and not a cloud in the sky. I think we must live in a dry socket! LOL!

Gotta get busy around here with commenting and then typical Monday morning stuff that needs to be done.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:06 PM   #5411
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you, Lynn! We're home - she's been in some pain for awhile now. The surgery went okay - the bottom two teeth were impacted more than anticipated and she has a mouth full of stitches, poor baby girl. She's a trooper - such an easy going child. The dr said she was singing all through her sedation and then in recovery - she is a singer, but this was still surgery, LOL! She was sooo out of it, she was meeting and greeting people in the wheelchair, all groggy and eyes rolling back in her head - trying to shake hands and talk, all slurred and sloshy - omgosh. It was a riot! People were cracking up but being kind and trying to chase her hand to shake it and say hello back. Too funny.

Got her meds, put her in bed, watching her diligently and about to fall asleep myself - I was up all night with worry, tossing and turning and now it caught up with me!

Glad you don't have rain! We had a monsoon again today as we left the hospital with her - it was torrential rain. I felt like a cartoon - where the cloud follows only you and your car? LOL! But nothing like that hurricane I drove home from Disney in - OMG. I let dh sleep for awhile and drove home in a storm of the century. I jumped out at home and wanted to kiss the ground, I was so grateful.

I will catch up on blogs soon, ladies ........ I visited yesterday but need to make another round, it seems!
Old 07-15-2013, 02:08 PM   #5412
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh and remember when I said things come in threes?????

Going to the hospital, dark and early outside, the key broke off in the door lock! I could not believe it! Just snapped right off! Luckily, dd 18 hadn't left for class and opened it from the inside with her key, which let us free up the front lock and pry the part out - ay yi yi. I'm telling you, there is a voodoo doll out there somewhere just picking at things in my house and cars, LOL!!
Old 07-15-2013, 04:45 PM   #5413
Quacker Stamper

Money Saver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post

Maggie, I think it sounds like Corey is making a lot of progress from where/how he was at first. Hang in there!

Kelly, welcome home! Praying today goes okay! Hugs!

Lynn, how exciting. I still need to get yours made. Sorry! It's near the top of my To Make list.
He is, but just one day at a time. He was so cute this morning and just like his brother. He was watching TV in my room while I was getting dressed for work, and I mean really watching and listening to it. One of the people on there spooked him a little bit and he went under the bed, but then he still had to watch so he stuck his little head out from under the bedskirt and kept watching TV. I figured out tonight how to entice him out from under. I got a little can of food out and he went crazy. I was finally able to get him to come over to me and eat some and he let me pet him and scratch his head and chin. He's so sweet. I'm calling the vet tomorrow to get things set up to have him declawed so he can get over that and come out to live with the rest of us.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-15-2013, 04:47 PM   #5414
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Kelly, I'll be thinking of your daughter (and YOU) this morning!
Glad you made it back ok and all that.........awful about the dryer going out. There's nothing worse than having to go to the laundry mat to dry clothes!

Well..........no rain here still. We have an 80% chance today - and not a cloud in the sky. I think we must live in a dry socket! LOL!

Gotta get busy around here with commenting and then typical Monday morning stuff that needs to be done.
Gosh, it looked like the rain was going right your way. It went right around us to the West of H Town. We got a sprinkle here.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-15-2013, 04:50 PM   #5415
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Thank you, Lynn! We're home - she's been in some pain for awhile now. The surgery went okay - the bottom two teeth were impacted more than anticipated and she has a mouth full of stitches, poor baby girl. She's a trooper - such an easy going child. The dr said she was singing all through her sedation and then in recovery - she is a singer, but this was still surgery, LOL! She was sooo out of it, she was meeting and greeting people in the wheelchair, all groggy and eyes rolling back in her head - trying to shake hands and talk, all slurred and sloshy - omgosh. It was a riot! People were cracking up but being kind and trying to chase her hand to shake it and say hello back. Too funny.

Got her meds, put her in bed, watching her diligently and about to fall asleep myself - I was up all night with worry, tossing and turning and now it caught up with me!

Glad you don't have rain! We had a monsoon again today as we left the hospital with her - it was torrential rain. I felt like a cartoon - where the cloud follows only you and your car? LOL! But nothing like that hurricane I drove home from Disney in - OMG. I let dh sleep for awhile and drove home in a storm of the century. I jumped out at home and wanted to kiss the ground, I was so grateful.

I will catch up on blogs soon, ladies ........ I visited yesterday but need to make another round, it seems!
Oh your poor DD, but I bet that was a sight to see with her acting all wonky like that. I hope she has a speedy recovery from it all and that the meds will help her and she won't have any issues with them. Sorry you didn't get a good night's sleep but hope you can rest tonight. You'll need it to be nurse.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-15-2013, 04:52 PM   #5416
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Oh and remember when I said things come in threes?????

Going to the hospital, dark and early outside, the key broke off in the door lock! I could not believe it! Just snapped right off! Luckily, dd 18 hadn't left for class and opened it from the inside with her key, which let us free up the front lock and pry the part out - ay yi yi. I'm telling you, there is a voodoo doll out there somewhere just picking at things in my house and cars, LOL!!
O M G! I can't believe that something else happened to you like that. Have you ever considered getting a driver or taking cabs. Glad you were able to get in and DD18 was still there to help.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-15-2013, 04:53 PM   #5417
Quacker Stamper

I'm off to work on some cards tonight. I have so many projects I want to work on.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-15-2013, 05:30 PM   #5418
Die Cut Diva

Maggie, that's so cute about the kitties watching TV!!!! I was smiling from ear to ear reading that!

Kelly, so glad all went well with your daughter and that's over with now. Try to get some sleep tonight and not worry. That's wild about your key and all! Yikes!!!! Watch out for those voodoo dolls! I sure wish you'd sent some of that rain this way. I swear the entire state got rain except us! Not fair!!!

Oh Jeanette...I got your card in the mail today! Was so proud of myself.....went to town, got to the post office, dropped it in the slot......went to the grocery store.........and oops!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I needed to have it hand cancelled due to it having a big brad on it and completely forgot all about it! Went back to the post office to tell them I NEEDED that card back! They looked at me like I'd lost my mind since it'd already been about an hour since I dropped it in there. After arguing with them for a while I finally just said - fine, if it breaks down your postal machine, so be it! So, if you get it and it's all mangled or whatever, I apologize and will get another one off to you. Sometimes my mind is just on too many other things I guess.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:30 PM   #5419

Kelly, I am glad to hear your DD is home and that she's doing pretty well under the circumstances. I loved hearing about her... ummmmm.... concert.

Maggie, how cute! Corey sounds like such a sweetie! I wish you well with him!

Lynn, I am sure the card will make it just fine. I'm looking forward to happy mail. THANK YOU!

Old 07-15-2013, 08:51 PM   #5420
Pearl-ExPert

Paige I posted my card to you on Monday - I have no idea how long it will take to get to you

Kelly I am glad to hear DD appeared to enjoy the experience of having the teeth removed - I will pray that you all have a good night and the healing is uncomplicated.

Corey sounds as though he could be a lovely cat Maggie - I hope it all works out for you and him.

We had a hard frost today (-5oC) followed by a glorious clear, sunny day, so I got outside and started the winter pruning with the grape vine and crab apple tree, and a couple of the roses...... still another 20 or so roses to go .
I went outside this afternoon to transplant a cyclamen I was given, and ended up weeding for another hour or more, so no card making for me today.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:38 PM   #5421
Pearl-ExPert

Shelly - did you see you are a top three pick at ABC Challenges this week?
Old 07-15-2013, 10:15 PM   #5422
Forum Fanatic

Default Hi!

I cannot believe I am still up- only 4 hours of sleep last night..... I have alot of computer stuff to do- we are having a new line released this week, and I post everything on Pintrest....I keep getting FB notifications for all of the comments....

I will get around to blogs tomorrow- I got to a couple and husband had the nerve to want dinner- he seems to always be hungry...... (hehehe)

There was a rain storm here today- localized in our area- it was a downpour- and Kelly- like you describe it- rained for a while then it was all over and the sun came out. The guys digging had to take a rain delay, then continued to dig in the mud.....

The patio digging started today (finally) and the wood lady came this AM....Hubby wants to pull up all of the carpet and all. Then today he decided we also need to pain while the carpet is up. We have redone all of our windows, and it is light oak, and the wood around the floor and doors is dark pine- so we have a dilemma re: what to do about that......

Kelly- praying for you and all of your family that 3 is 3 and the dark cloud finds someone else to follow around! Glad your hubby is handy and could fix the car and the dryer. Usually swelling on day 2 of wisdom teeth is the worst- hope your daughter has an OK day tomorrow! Glad you had fun on vacation- how things change when the kids get older. It was hard to leave Stephi here when we went to China, but she got to go to Australia....
Was your name on Paper Playful again today- I know I saw it there- maybe it was for the other challenge. I do not always look at the lists too well- looking up challenges...

Maggie- so cool that Corey- although temperamental- seems to be adjusting well! How awesome to see the cat watching and listening to the TV. Our dog does not engage like that. It is funny when we Skype with the kids- he is so confused!

Maxine- my hubby ends up doing everything outside- with my allergies and my neck...yardwork seems to make my neck get out of whack. We are so the family that she does alot of the inside work, and he does the outside stuff! You must have a gazillion roses if you still have 20 more to prune....WOW! Thanks- yes, I put a post up tonight, so went to see challenges today and saw my name- twice! Maxine and I won a blog candy today too- so that is my 3- so fun! I would rather win a top three than prizes ( cause I already have too much stuff......)

Lynn- Have you had any rain? I know you said it was really dry there where the dirt had big cracks in it. Did you ever get your AI prize?

Paige- have you been getting much baby time?

Waving hi to Jeanette and Darlene- Hope everyone is having a great day!
Shelly
Old 07-16-2013, 05:45 AM   #5423

Congrats on the winnings to those of you who have - Kelly, Maxine, Shelly... anyone else?

I hope you are all having a good day...

Thinking of all of you and smiling!

Old 07-16-2013, 06:39 AM   #5424
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts!

Lynn, sounds like something I would do. I can't believe that you actually asked for your letter back after putting it in the post office box! Do you not know that is a Federal offense!!!!!!!!

Maxine, you just cool me off by talking about your cold weather over there in Aussie land. Yikes, could you come and give me tips on how to prune my rose bushes. Seriously, I've had 5 of them for about 2 years now - 2 of them are Knockouts, the other 3 are tea roses (2 small, one larger) and I've never pruned or fed them. I really think I need to do both, but I don't want to kill them either by cutting them back too much!

Congrats Shelly on your win! I'm with you, I like it when I win a Top prize, but I also like to win prizes. Who is the "new line" with?? Can't wait to see what you do with your floors. Are you going with neutral colors of paint? I'd really like to have a couple rooms painted again, but it's such a hassle to have to move everything and more and more lately it's harder to move stuff in my house.

I came to work expecting my boss to be gone this morning to a meeting in Austin, but he was here. Then he tells me he has to go to get something in Galveston this afternoon. That is their summer vacation condo. So at least he'll be out of the office for some time today. I hate it when he has plans to be gone and then cancels for whatever reason because I have specific things I do when he's out of the office and hate when it gets messed up.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-16-2013, 08:00 AM   #5425
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, friends ... Watching the rains falling outside the dining room window and glad I'm home today!

Dd is starting to eat soft food but looks like a chipmunk! Today we start heat pads, she is just miserable. Even so, she is humming in her sleep, lol. I gave her blast in bed earlier (normally I do not allow food in their rooms ..roaches, ants and critters ...eeeeew!)

Maggie, I hope you get all your work done. I didn't see my name, I saw another Kelly, but I just glanced it over after you mentioned it because I'm so bad at going back and looking! I tend to forget

And congrats all around! Hi Shelly, Maxine, Forest!

Hugs for all!!
Old 07-16-2013, 08:07 AM   #5426
Stazon Splitcoast

And crafty card Crafty Cardmakers makers, too!! Way to go, Shell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
Shelly - did you see you are a top three pick at ABC Challenges this week?
Old 07-16-2013, 08:15 AM   #5427
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Good morning, friends ... Watching the rains falling outside the dining room window and glad I'm home today!

Dd is starting to eat soft food but looks like a chipmunk! Today we start heat pads, she is just miserable. Even so, she is humming in her sleep, lol. I gave her blast in bed earlier (normally I do not allow food in their rooms ..roaches, ants and critters ...eeeeew!)

Maggie, I hope you get all your work done. I didn't see my name, I saw another Kelly, but I just glanced it over after you mentioned it because I'm so bad at going back and looking! I tend to forget

Hugs for all!!
Here's the post for it Kelly - A Day for Daisies and you won the July Club Kit.

A Day For Daisies
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-16-2013, 08:16 AM   #5428
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Hugs for all!!
Glad to hear that DD is doing somewhat better today. Just keep her humming and singing! LOL!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-16-2013, 08:42 AM   #5429
Die Cut Diva

Whew.....don't even know where to start to try to keep up with all the conversations!
Glad that a bunch seem to be winning stuff! That's always fun. I really haven't been that great about joining in a bunch of challenges lately. I got off all the DT's I was on and am so much happier now since I feel I can craft when I want and not have to worry about anything. Maybe once summer is over with, I'll try to get on another one though. I thought I'd enter more challenges this way but that really hasn't been the case at all. Oh, and yes, I got my $50.00 prize from Art Impressions yesterday! YEA! I got to choose $50.00 worth of front and back stamps! I picked all in the unmounted/uncushioned rubber but they sent the unmounted cushioned rubber! What a deal. I've never done and front and back card before but started on one yesterday.....very interesting! Hopefully I'll get better since I have all these images now.

We almost got what could be classified as a shower this morning.......it got the sidewalk wet and that was about it. Yep, it's so sad to see dead grass and cracks in the ground. We're suppose to be going on the "2 week" water restrictions this week I think. That's where you can water (by hand only) ONE TIME every TWO weeks!!!!!!!! Not even worth the effort since it won't keep anything alive.

Maxine, you really must have a slew of roses to have to prune so many! Know they're beautiful.

Kelly, hope your daughter is doing a little bit better today.....after the swelling goes down she should start feeling better.

Shelly.......you're going to love all that renovation once it's completed! Floors, painting, patio.......wow!

Don't know if I mentioned it on here or not but we have a ton of company coming in on Thursday (possibly Friday) and they'll be here until Monday. Then on Tuesday, my daughter and two girls will be coming and staying until Saturday. I doubt if I'll be on the computer at all during that time. If I am, it'll just be to get e-mails off, etc......so I'll be disappearing from around here for a while...........but not until at least Thursday - maybe Friday. We know two are coming in on Friday, and one maybe Thursday....the rest, we have no idea! I'm really thinking they just come for Jim's BBQ!!!!!!!!! LOL!
Old 07-16-2013, 08:53 AM   #5430
Pearl-ExPert

Good morning everyone! It's almost afternoon! Oh, I got in sooooo much snuggle time last week/weekend it was great! It was hard to share her with DH!

There were some funny moments at the convention. At one point my DD and her husband were off looking at the stoneware and pottery and my son and I were with the baby and people would stop by and tell us what a beautiful baby we had! My son and I looked at each other and thought oh no they think this is our baby! Another time my son was holding his niece and my son-in-law was getting her bottle ready and I was thinking people are going to think these two guys have this baby! Ha!

Yesterday DH and I went to an auction (because he is still pumped up about buying red wing stoneware) and we got home late. I totally forgot to write the post for my blog today! I had the card up but no description and didn't even think about it until late morning - sheesh!

So have any of you ladies gotten into the Gorjuss Girl stamps or the Prima Doll stamps? I did break down and get a couple of the Prima Dolls because they remind me of paper dolls that I loved playing with as a child. But I would like to hear your opinions on the Gorjuss Girls if you have them or have seen them.

Another thing I need some ideas for is some of my 12 x 12 paper collections come with stickers, chipboard and other embellishments. I want to keep all the parts of the collection together. Are there inexpensive containers/bags/envelopes in that size to hold it all in one place? I'm thinking if you ladies don't have it, it doesn't exist!

Old 07-16-2013, 10:20 AM   #5431
Stazon Splitcoast

Paige - your baby stories are a riot! I don't know how many times dh was holding one of our kids and someone would ask "is that your baby?" (as in a niece, friend's baby, etc) rather than his - we are all blonde, blue eyed while dh has brown hair, brown eyes ... never quite understood that, as if a parent could not possibly give birth/have a baby with a different color than his/her own? LOL!!! Glad you got in some snuggles - that's the BEST!

I have a few gorgeous girl stamps that were gifted to me and a few more stamped images of them. I honestly can't say I've used them a lot and always felt I could'nt do them justice, perhaps it's time to add those to my LINY list! I haven't heard of Prima Dolls .. have fun with them!!

The system I use for keeping my collections together is really thread bare! I keep them in those handy zip-loc freezer bags - those big ones that are thick, and keep them paper clipped to upright 12 x 12 Cropper Hopper that the paper is in. Or, it if has a lot of heavy chipboard, I keep them in the storage ones that are a stand up version.

Here's the first: Cropper Hopper

Here's the second: I bought two similiar to these but in clear/white - so far, I've had them for 7 years and love them! Iris Medium Cart with 6 Clear Drawers with Organizer Top - Black: Crafts : Walmart.com You can add little things in side each individual, removable drawer.

I bought two of these on a Black Friday sale for $15 and dooooo noooooot like them! I would not recommend these - the drawers do not stay put, no matter how many times we've tried to fix them and they just fall, the top one to the next down and then they end up all at the bottom row, lol. I finally put them in my kids' rooms for toys - dd18 took one for her bazillion nail polishes. Get the Cropper Hopper Rolling Cart for less at Walmart.com. Save money. Live better.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #5432
Pearl-ExPert

Hi girls - Glad to hear DD is still humming Kelly

Maggie roses are virtually indestructible - feed them well (acid food, not lime) early spring and mid-summer in particular, but not in fall or winter. In late winter cut them down to about one third the size, leaving three or five main branches with a growth bud facing out. Cut out any branches that are crossing over each other, and they will love you and flower like heck about 6 weeks later .

The roses we have here were here when we moved in - I think we planted three as we were given a garden voucher and there were some gaps..... I have started pruning early as I want them all done before surgery, and we often have lots of rainy damp days and pruning is best done in the dry.

Talking of babies - I was told DGD looked like me when she was only a couple of weeks old... interesting as now she looks far more like her father

Better get up now as it is gym this morning and I have to be our early, It's a bit of a sprint to get there on time some mornings - a good warm up
Old 07-16-2013, 02:50 PM   #5433
Die Cut Diva

Good to know about the Cropper Hopper Kelly!

Maxine, you'll have to post a picture of those roses when they start blooming! We always prune ours on Valentine's day or there about. Easy to remember since you think of Valentines and think of roses. I actually prune everything that needs it at the same time too.

Paige, glad you got good snuggles in! So funny about the baby and people trying to decide who she belonged to! LOL!

I googled and found a bunch of 12 X 12 bags. Just googled 12"X12" Clear Plastic Bags. Several sites came up for Ebay. One was from Amazon but couldn't ever figure out how many bags you got for the order. Anyway, there's several sites listed. Some were listed as 12 X 12 and some 12 X 15, etc....... That's a great idea to keep it all together like that. I keep my SU paper separate and in the clean stuff they come in but it always seems to fall apart eventually..........I need something else bad because I'm the world's worst about taking out a piece of the SU DP and then forgetting which little sleeve it goes back into. As I said though they fall apart too easy so just "attempt" to keep them together (and don't do a great job of it!) I just wish I had the room for something like some shelves or cropper hopper, etc......Sigh!
Old 07-16-2013, 04:27 PM   #5434

Just so you know... I think each and every one of you are Gorjuss/GORGEOUS Girls!!!

Old 07-16-2013, 04:31 PM   #5435
Die Cut Diva

THANK YOU!!! Jeanette, you must have been thinking of me when you wrote this......I so needed it today!!!! Hugs!
Old 07-16-2013, 04:32 PM   #5436

Of course I was thinking of you, Lynn.... but I'm sorry your day has been such that you really needed that comment. Huge hugs! (sounds like you could use a hug, too!)

Old 07-16-2013, 05:01 PM   #5437
Pearl-ExPert

I appreciated the comment too thanks Jeanette I hope you too have been told you are gorgeous!!
Old 07-16-2013, 05:04 PM   #5438

Awwwwww... thank you, Maxine! I have! My DH tells me that every day... isn't he sweet!

I do mean it when I say you are all gorgeous. Your friendship and sweetness radiates from your beings!

Old 07-17-2013, 04:08 AM   #5439

Old 07-17-2013, 04:20 AM   #5440
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Whew.....don't even know where to start to try to keep up with all the conversations!
Glad that a bunch seem to be winning stuff! That's always fun. I really haven't been that great about joining in a bunch of challenges lately. I got off all the DT's I was on and am so much happier now since I feel I can craft when I want and not have to worry about anything. Maybe once summer is over with, I'll try to get on another one though. I thought I'd enter more challenges this way but that really hasn't been the case at all. Oh, and yes, I got my $50.00 prize from Art Impressions yesterday! YEA! I got to choose $50.00 worth of front and back stamps! I picked all in the unmounted/uncushioned rubber but they sent the unmounted cushioned rubber! What a deal. I've never done and front and back card before but started on one yesterday.....very interesting! Hopefully I'll get better since I have all these images now.

We almost got what could be classified as a shower this morning.......it got the sidewalk wet and that was about it. Yep, it's so sad to see dead grass and cracks in the ground. We're suppose to be going on the "2 week" water restrictions this week I think. That's where you can water (by hand only) ONE TIME every TWO weeks!!!!!!!! Not even worth the effort since it won't keep anything alive.

Don't know if I mentioned it on here or not but we have a ton of company coming in on Thursday (possibly Friday) and they'll be here until Monday. Then on Tuesday, my daughter and two girls will be coming and staying until Saturday. I doubt if I'll be on the computer at all during that time. If I am, it'll just be to get e-mails off, etc......so I'll be disappearing from around here for a while...........but not until at least Thursday - maybe Friday. We know two are coming in on Friday, and one maybe Thursday....the rest, we have no idea! I'm really thinking they just come for Jim's BBQ!!!!!!!!! LOL!
Woo hoo! Glad you finally got your rubber! I can't wait to see what you do with front/back stamps. I have never heard of them. Maybe have to check out the webite and see what they are about.

I feel your pain about the drought. We were like that a couple of years ago. That was the first year I tried planting a garden and it all dried up and I didn't get anything out of it. Decided not to do that again. Too much work to not get any benefits. I'll be sending up prayers for rain for you guys. We got some more at my house last night. Thankful for every little drop.

Have a fun time with your company and DD.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts