Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2013, 06:57 PM   #5321
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
Lynn you can send any type of card. Show off a new technique, mail a card that was admired from your blog, etc. It could even be the challenge card you made using Washi tape! Writing on the inside is totally up to you. I usually write a note on a post it, but however you like to sign your card is fine.

Did everyone get the partner PM? I had never sent a group PM before, so if you didn't receive it, let me know and I'll resend to you.
Got it. Thanks Paige!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-07-2013, 07:09 PM   #5322
Pearl-ExPert

Looking forward to the COTM swap - Paige it can vary between 5 days and 4 weeks for mail to get here from the states..... why I don't know.

I have been to the dentist and all is well - I have finally found a good one in the group practise, and she also discounted my acct by $50!! That was very much appreciated.

I teach the class in the hall of the church I attend. The majority of the class also belong to the church too, and it gives us a lot of room to move .

DH is about to make a cuppa, so I will go and enjoy and hopefully not dribble too much, as my face is still half numb
Old 07-07-2013, 08:03 PM   #5323
Stazon Splitcoast

Well I have qustions I like comments on people blogs and meet new friends. Are you say I can't be apart of the since I don't blog? In my singers line it tell more me? I lovely comments and making friends and having I have grallery on scs. But, making blog and keeping updated be hard me think? I am happicaed and hard for to stamp But, mom help me stamp. But, she cancer now. So not much time stamp right now. Are the lady in charge of the thread or group if you ask you? If ok I love be aprat. But, if not I understand thanks hotwheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Hi Linda. We are a blogging group. Just a group of ladies who have blogs that like to chat a bit too. Being in this group, you really need to have a blog since that's what it's about. We visit each other's blogs and leave lovely comments on our cards or scrap papers or whatever else we create and post on there.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:02 AM   #5324
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: The Forest in the Fall
Old 07-08-2013, 03:08 AM   #5325
Gabfest Goddess

Morning Addicted Friends!!

I watched a young deer eating from a crab apple tree in our yard for almost a half hour around 5:30 AM today! A nice way to start a Monday.

Here's my DOTW (or question of the week):

Many (all?) of you have Tim Holtz Distress ink pads and use them so expertly to shade backgrounds and for other uses too. I have none of these ink pads and have decided to get some. What are your favorite colors for sponging backgrounds? There are so many variations out there, it's hard for me to know which ones are the most versatile.

Any recommendations that you can offer will be very helpful! Thanking you in advance!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
mschoener and MiamiKel4 like this post.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:19 AM   #5326

Great question, Darlene... I have never used them, so I'll be eagerly looking for the answers others give you!

luvcardmaking likes this post.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:26 AM   #5327
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts!

Yes a great question Darlene. I do own quite a few of the distress pads and markers. Now, ask me if I use them??????? Hardly. I bought them a year or so ago when I signed up for a Techniques class (which I haven't finished yet) Would love to hear what everyone else does with them. Maybe it will encourage me to get them out and use them.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-08-2013, 05:13 AM   #5328
Quacker Stamper

Hi ladies - I just got a message from Lynn saying that her computer is down right now, so she can't respond to any of your PM's at the moment. She will as soon as she's back up and running!

Hope you all have a great day!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-08-2013, 05:16 AM   #5329
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcardmaking View Post

I watched a young deer eating from a crab apple tree in our yard for almost a half hour around 5:30 AM today! A nice way to start a Monday.

Many (all?) of you have Tim Holtz Distress ink pads and use them so expertly to shade backgrounds and for other uses too. I have none of these ink pads and have decided to get some. What are your favorite colors for sponging backgrounds? There are so many variations out there, it's hard for me to know which ones are the most versatile.

Any recommendations that you can offer will be very helpful! Thanking you in advance!
I don't have deer in my back yard, but I do have a bunch of kitties, and I do like to sit out there in the morning and evening for just a little while and be with them. This morning as I was driving away from my house to come to work, I saw one of my regular visitors out front in the neighbors yard and there was a little kitten running around out there. Not sure if the one belongs to the other. Wonder why that kitten hasn't shown up in my back yard for breakfast? I really need to get on the ball and make arrangements to have these cats taken care of so no more kittens!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-08-2013, 06:32 AM   #5330
Die Cut Diva

I'm back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't know what's going on with this internet provider right now but it seems to shut down almost every morning for a while. Keeping my fingers crossed it has nothing to do with my computer.

I'll get the address and e-mail list out to everyone today - again. Maybe (just MAYBE) I'll get it right! Who knows! LOL!

I'll be sending Linda (Hotwheels) a PM is just a minute.

Darlene - great DOTW! I do have some of those ink pads.........and will get back in a few minutes regarding them.

Maggie, thanks for posting about my computer this morning. I had my phone but couldn't get on SCS for whatever reason.

It appears that everyone that's responding to Paige's PM regarding the COTM, is coming to ME! Don't know what's up with that one..........but Paige, everyone is very excited about this COTM fun!

No deer in my front yard this morning either Darlene - although we do see them a lot about 100 yards from the house. We have rabbits now! They seem to be multiplying! Feature that!!! It's fun to watch them though.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:37 AM   #5331
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
I'm back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't know what's going on with this internet provider right now but it seems to shut down almost every morning for a while. Keeping my fingers crossed it has nothing to do with my computer.

I'll get the address and e-mail list out to everyone today - again. Maybe (just MAYBE) I'll get it right! Who knows! LOL!

I'll be sending Linda (Hotwheels) a PM is just a minute.

Darlene - great DOTW! I do have some of those ink pads.........and will get back in a few minutes regarding them.

Maggie, thanks for posting about my computer this morning. I had my phone but couldn't get on SCS for whatever reason.

It appears that everyone that's responding to Paige's PM regarding the COTM, is coming to ME! Don't know what's up with that one..........but Paige, everyone is very excited about this COTM fun!

No deer in my front yard this morning either Darlene - although we do see them a lot about 100 yards from the house. We have rabbits now! They seem to be multiplying! Feature that!!! It's fun to watch them though.
Lynn, I think we are hitting "Reply All" so the message is going out to everyone, not just to you. Paige is getting the response also.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-08-2013, 06:40 AM   #5332

Lynn, I'm glad you're back online. We have horrible internet service here where we live, so I can feel your pain. And about the PM's... I can only speak for myself, but when a group PM is sent to me, I usually REPLY TO ALL, so you and the others would be getting the PM.

Maggie, you are so good to feed/love so many cats.

Old 07-08-2013, 06:40 AM   #5333

oops! Sorry Maggie, didn't mean to repeat what you said. I think I was typing when you were.

mschoener likes this post.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:00 AM   #5334
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
I don't have deer in my back yard, but I do have a bunch of kitties, and I do like to sit out there in the morning and evening for just a little while and be with them. This morning as I was driving away from my house to come to work, I saw one of my regular visitors out front in the neighbors yard and there was a little kitten running around out there. Not sure if the one belongs to the other. Wonder why that kitten hasn't shown up in my back yard for breakfast? I really need to get on the ball and make arrangements to have these cats taken care of so no more kittens!
Sounds like that would be expensive for you, Maggie. Responsible, yes, but expensive

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 07-08-2013, 07:11 AM   #5335
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Sounds like that would be expensive for you, Maggie. Responsible, yes, but expensive
I take the outside kitties to a low cost place to have them neutered/spayed. It only costs about $50 per kitty. Not too costly, but better than having dozens of kitties running around the neighborhood looking for food. I'd rather feed the 8-10 that I do now than dozens more.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-08-2013, 07:11 AM   #5336
Pearl-ExPert

DOTW
I do have 3 or 4 of these ink pads, but forget to use them. I have used them more lately with some of the mini albums I'm making, but I never seem to have the color I want (Black Soot and photo something?) I do use walnut stain and aged paper, but sometimes I feel one is too dark and the other too light. Gee, I'm difficult to please! I mainly use them to distress the edges of card stock and chipboard. I'm not fully engaged in the Tim Holtz style myself (Slowly getting there), but do love what others do with his line of crafting materials. Does anyone have a favorite ink color?

We have a fawn that has been crossing the road often lately from one field to another and I worry about her (him) because I never see mama. I live in a rural area and there is our house and one other kitty corner from us on the intersection. But the road is fairly busy with traffic: dump trucks, semis, pick ups, cars and such. I know I hold my breath every time I see the little deer going across the road. I just want to adopt her and keep her safe in our yard!

Maxine, your card went out in the mail this morning!

Thank you to everyone for sharing in my excitement over our COTM swap! I know the cards we send/receive will become personal treasures for each of us.

Old 07-08-2013, 07:44 AM   #5337
Die Cut Diva

Just got the NEW address/e-mail/birthday list out to everyone. Again, let me know if you didn't get it or if it's not correct.

TH Distress Inks. I see so many neat things done with this but then don't do them! I have several sites pinned on my Pinterest board under Papercrafts where I see them use and have also checked youtube for tutorials. I have several pads. I like the Tumbled Glass for doing my clouds/sky. That's about the only one I use on clouds. The other one I use some is Antique Linen. It's very light beige and use it at times to sponge around the image. Sometimes I feel it's too light but I have the Tea Dye and feel it's too dark at times. I also have a pink one (Spun Sugar) and one in a red tone, but have never used those. The Spun Sugar is a super light pink. I have Faded Jeans that I've never used. Also have a green one but can't remember the name.
I'm not really in the TH look although I think they're very pretty! I'd need to try the technique where you smear the ink on like a craft sheet and then spritz it with water. I think that's how it's done anyway.....will have to look that one up again.
It helps to have that little tool and sponge pads to sponge on the ink with these. I have the tool and several of the pads, but need some extras.
I've tried using the tool and pads and sponging just regular SU ink and you really don't get the same look.
Let me see if I can find some sites using the inks and I'll post it.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:50 AM   #5338
Quacker Stamper

Oh, and I just wanted to come on and tell you guys that I finally got my Blog Award from My Sheri Crafts. Turned out she had been on vacation, but she sent it to me this morning, and I've proudly displayed it on my blog!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Forest Ranger and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:45 AM   #5339
Die Cut Diva

Something is really screwy with my computer/yahoo/scs/blogger this morning!!! I was looking at my dashboard while ago and had this blog that I was "following" but I wasn't. It was all about wedding gowns and interior design!!! Strange...........and just now, I've gotten all kinds of e-mails telling me about posts to our group - and they're not here!!!!!!!!! And.......I tried to delete an e-mail and it goes no where!!!!!!!! Spooky!!!!
Lynn
Old 07-08-2013, 08:58 AM   #5340
Die Cut Diva

I never knew that about the "reply to all" on the PM's! Thanks, Jeanette and Maggie! Makes sense! DUH!!!!
Lynn
Old 07-08-2013, 09:05 AM   #5341
Die Cut Diva

Maggie, that's fantastic about finally getting your blog award!!! WooHoo!
Old 07-08-2013, 09:14 AM   #5342
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Maggie, that's fantastic about finally getting your blog award!!! WooHoo!
Yep! It's so pretty!

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:39 AM   #5343
Pearl-ExPert

I just posted the Washi cards on my blog. Not my favorite cards, but they're growing on me!

Old 07-08-2013, 01:23 PM   #5344
Pearl-ExPert

Lynn, I'm having similar and very strange issues with my yahoo emails as well. Just now my whole list of read emails showed up again as unread. I started reading them and they sounded so familiar - I was thinking deja vu or twilight zone!

Old 07-08-2013, 01:43 PM   #5345
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Quote:

Oh I would have loved to see a sight like that! How beautiful! God's creatures right there in your own front yard, what splendor!! That's one of the things I loved when we were in Georgia - literally in the middle of nowhere - the deer would come down from the mountain and just graze right in front of the yards, calm and still. Beautiful!

So much chatter - I might not ever catch up, but glad I was able to stop in!
So much to do today.

I have a few TH distress ink pads and they are WONDERFUL!! I wish I could have bought them all ! But I bought these particular colors for a project I did even though they aren't the most well rounded - I bought Broken China, Peeled Paint and Walnut Stain. Antique Linen is a gorgeous color and very soft - very versatile. I like to use them with water spritzing and adding in a little glitter for sprinkly look ... not that mine have seen the light of day in years!

Hugs all around!! We leave tomorrow and I fear I will never be ready! I still have to get a blog post done for tomorrow - yikes! x0x0
Old 07-08-2013, 02:12 PM   #5346
Die Cut Diva

Paige, I'll head over and look at your card with the washi! I've just been being a bum this afternoon and hadn't been on the computer.......plus it went out again for almost two hours this afternoon!!!

Kelly, have a good trip tomorrow and have fun!

This blog that showed up in my dashboard is driving me crazy! I went to the actual blog to see if I could un-follow.........there's not even any place to follow, much less un-follow! LOL! Guess I'll just be looking at wedding dresses and interior design along with cards now!
Old 07-08-2013, 03:34 PM   #5347
Pearl-ExPert

What a chatty group we are at the moment .

I have a stack of distress ink pads and love them all - I am now trying to find a re-inker for one of them I have used it so much!! I also have a small collection of stains and love them too - have not yet bought paints or markers.......... mainly because I cannot buy them locally and have to order on line, apart from one show a year.

I have a couple of cards up on my blog using them as backgrounds - here's one.

I do not have the sponging tool or pads - I cut up chunks of foam rubber and use them. Yes I am a cheapskate.

Thankfully my mail email is gmail, although I do have an account that is linked to yahoo, but those emails get re-directed to the gmail addy. I only go onto yahoo to check spam, and then only occasionally.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:18 PM   #5348
Pearl-ExPert

Maxine, I took a look at your card, totally cute! Was the colorful background made with distress ink or stains?

Old 07-08-2013, 05:17 PM   #5349
Die Cut Diva

I was SO PROUD of myself!!! I sent everyone the updated address list and never heard back saying I had something wrong! I was really doing the happy dance around here this afternoon........................and then Maxine PM'd and said I'd forgotten to add myself to the list!!!!!!!!!!!! YIKES!!!! I was just so worried about getting everyone's right, I forgot myself! Such a do-fuss! SO, if you already have it just pencil it in on the list. If you don't have it anymore, let me know and I'll PM it to you. DUH!!!!!

Yep, Paige is right - totally cute Maxine! I'll have to try the chunks of foam rubber instead of the pads now too! Thanks for that tip.

I literally spent all afternoon making a CAS card!!!!! Got it all finished (finally) and had smudges all over it from somewhere! Started on it again - and again - and again! Finally I said - step back and do something else! So I did.......tried again while ago (about 2 hours ago actually) and never could get it like I wanted! I'm tired of looking at it and put it on the WAY back burner for now. I don't have a post for tomorrow and not even worried about it now! YES! It's been a long day and nothing accomplished!

Paige, I loved both of your cards with washi tape!!!!! Great!
Old 07-08-2013, 05:31 PM   #5350
Pearl-ExPert

I have a question about washi tape. Do you feel that some brands of washi tape are better than others? The reason I ask is that some of my tapes stick to the paper and do not peel back off easily and others can easily be removed. I even have some that sticks to itself on the roll as I'm trying to use it. Of course I can't ell you what brands I have as they are all mixed up. Or maybe it's a humidity issue?

Old 07-08-2013, 06:40 PM   #5351
Die Cut Diva

Paige, I don't know! I really haven't used enough of it to tell you the answer. I got some rolls from SU the other day and then a couple from Michaels. Oh, and the mustache (never used) from my SSS kit. I'll run a test on it tomorrow and see. May have to even make another card using it! LOL!

Have y'all been getting Blogger Buzz pop up on your dashboard. This is driving me crazy!!! Every time I go to the dashboard to check the reading list, that thing is up there. Any way to get rid of it??
Old 07-08-2013, 07:00 PM   #5352
Pearl-ExPert

Lynn, at the risk of jinxing myself, I'm not getting the blogger buzz. Is it something you can turn off or disable? Not even sure what it is!

My cat is letting me know it is bedtime. She comes and nudges me over and over again until I get up and then she leads me to my bedroom. Unfortunately she also wakes me up way too early in the morning. Each day of the week is earlier and earlier and then she lets me sleep in on weekends! Isn't it funny what our pets learn to do?!! She also has her favorite places to nap during the day depending on the time of day it is. I guess I better call it a night!

Old 07-09-2013, 03:52 AM   #5353

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Old 07-09-2013, 05:26 AM   #5354

I have been having a horrible time (last night and this morning) using blogger. I tried to type up a blog post, but it wouldn't let me type anything into the content area. It would upload pictures, but no typing. I finally got it to let me do that - by switching the compose/htlm mode but it wouldn't let me format anything - no bold, linking words to things, centering, etc. And it wouldn't let me go back and change anything past where I was. If I wanted to make a change, I had to erase everything past that point and then make the change and retype what I wanted after the change. UGH!

I am wondering - is anyone else having a similar problem? I don't know whether this is an issue with blogger - or if it's something wrong with my computer. I did reboot my computer. That didn't help. And I did a system restore. That didn't help. I did a full scan of my computer yesterday - maintenance - and no virus issues were found, so I don't think this is a virus.

My blog looks HORRIBLE today.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:47 AM   #5355
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I just posted the Washi cards on my blog. Not my favorite cards, but they're growing on me!
I don't know why you didn't care for them. They are both Wow! Love the one the best with the red flower. Great job using the Washi tape.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-09-2013, 05:49 AM   #5356
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
Oh I would have loved to see a sight like that! How beautiful! God's creatures right there in your own front yard, what splendor!! That's one of the things I loved when we were in Georgia - literally in the middle of nowhere - the deer would come down from the mountain and just graze right in front of the yards, calm and still. Beautiful!

So much chatter - I might not ever catch up, but glad I was able to stop in!
So much to do today.

I have a few TH distress ink pads and they are WONDERFUL!! I wish I could have bought them all ! But I bought these particular colors for a project I did even though they aren't the most well rounded - I bought Broken China, Peeled Paint and Walnut Stain. Antique Linen is a gorgeous color and very soft - very versatile. I like to use them with water spritzing and adding in a little glitter for sprinkly look ... not that mine have seen the light of day in years!

Hugs all around!! We leave tomorrow and I fear I will never be ready! I still have to get a blog post done for tomorrow - yikes! x0x0
Hope you have a fabulous time on your trip to Disney!

Maybe that should be our next challenge - a card using TH Distress inks.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-09-2013, 05:50 AM   #5357
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Paige, I'll head over and look at your card with the washi! I've just been being a bum this afternoon and hadn't been on the computer.......plus it went out again for almost two hours this afternoon!!!

Kelly, have a good trip tomorrow and have fun!

This blog that showed up in my dashboard is driving me crazy! I went to the actual blog to see if I could un-follow.........there's not even any place to follow, much less un-follow! LOL! Guess I'll just be looking at wedding dresses and interior design along with cards now!
That's very weird. Can you just delete it from your blog??????
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-09-2013, 05:53 AM   #5358
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I have a question about washi tape. Do you feel that some brands of washi tape are better than others? The reason I ask is that some of my tapes stick to the paper and do not peel back off easily and others can easily be removed. I even have some that sticks to itself on the roll as I'm trying to use it. Of course I can't ell you what brands I have as they are all mixed up. Or maybe it's a humidity issue?
I don't use the little bit that I have to know whether they are good stickers or not. I think I do have one roll that I got from somewhere that sticks to itself. Seems to me that I tried using it once and I couldn't get it peeled up and going.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-09-2013, 05:53 AM   #5359
Pearl-ExPert

Blogger's been okay for me (knock on wood) but yahoo is still giving me fits!

I better go make something to calm down. I just watched a youtube video on altering coffee sleeves and they were so cute. I'm sure DH left one laying around here somewhere!

Have a great day everyone! It's a humid one here in MN.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:06 AM   #5360
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Paige, I don't know! I really haven't used enough of it to tell you the answer. I got some rolls from SU the other day and then a couple from Michaels. Oh, and the mustache (never used) from my SSS kit. I'll run a test on it tomorrow and see. May have to even make another card using it! LOL!

Have y'all been getting Blogger Buzz pop up on your dashboard. This is driving me crazy!!! Every time I go to the dashboard to check the reading list, that thing is up there. Any way to get rid of it??
I don't go to my dashboard to look at the reading list. I thought they did away with Google Reader on July 1. Maybe that's why. I get my posts through Blog Lovin.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts