Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2013, 09:54 AM   #5281
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Ladies!
Hope it's sunny where you are! I have a washi tape card I need to get posted, hope to get to it today, but first I have to get a Christmas card done for my Holly Jolly gig.

I'd like to propose an idea for our group - totally optional of course. On a Yahoo group I'm in, I am in charge of a card of the month swap. It's a partner swap and you send one card a month and each month you are assigned a different partner from the group. Members sign up month by month or they tell me they want to be a permanent member. Does this sound like something you would be interested in? Let me know here, or you can send me a PM.

Here's a funny: I was going to get serious about my ever growing piles of scraps and just toss them out...but...I couldn't do it! I did manage to get rid of the teeniest pieces, but the rest are still with me. I need an intervention! Anyone?

Have a great day everyone!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:03 AM   #5282
Gabfest Goddess

Checking in here with my Fellow Paper Addicts! How is everyone doing? I just read back a bit...Let's see:

Kelly: OUCH!!! Be careful with that hand girl! Like Maggie & others have said, watch out for infection.

Lynn: Hooray for your wins!!

Shelly: Glad to see you back here! And glad to hear that the tooth is better. Double high-five on DH & girlfriend coming to visit - how fun!

Maxine: How's the cross stitch coming along?

Maggie: Saying a special batch of prayers for your brother. Colon and liver cancers are very prevalent in my family, so I know what you mean about the role that diet plays.
It's so hard to be far away isn't it? I'm sure that he will be on your mind a lot and I sure do hope that someone lets you know how everything goes ASAP. Hugs!

Lynn: I have a DOTW if you don't mind. Hmmmm, I'd better write it down so I can actually REMEMBER it tomorrow! LOL

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
mschoener likes this post.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:05 AM   #5283
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks for the updated list Lynn!

Old 07-07-2013, 10:09 AM   #5284
Gabfest Goddess

Hi Paige! I'm hardly ever online at the same time as you - waiving hello!

Old 07-07-2013, 10:12 AM   #5285
Gabfest Goddess

Lynn:
Thanks for the email & updating the contact list. My info is good!

Old 07-07-2013, 10:15 AM   #5286
Gabfest Goddess

Paige:
If you need an intervention, can I come too? I'm in need myself, hahaha

One card a month? Really? Hmmmm...I think that would be easy and fun. Are you thinking of adding any of us to the Yahoo group or doing it within Stamp Addicts?

Old 07-07-2013, 10:39 AM   #5287
Pearl-ExPert

Waving wildly back at ya Darlene! You are more than welcome to join me in an intervention! Who should we call to do the honors?

My COTM idea was to do this within our group here. The yahoo group I was referring to is a MN group.

mschoener and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:10 PM   #5288
Pearl-ExPert

Lynn, I have not got the list - can you send it via p.m. here on SCS - I seem to remember this happening last time - did you use the gmail addy or the other one?

One card a month sounds 'do-able' Paige

Darlene - the cross stitch has slowed again - I have been preparing for my class tomorrow.

Kelly - you take care of that hand - it sounds a nasty gash

It's Monday morning here and I had better get going to get everything done before the dentist appointment this afternoon - oh, I think the second 'chip' is actually a filling that has come out, now I have looked a bit more closely.....
Old 07-07-2013, 12:36 PM   #5289
Gabfest Goddess

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
Waving wildly back at ya Darlene! You are more than welcome to join me in an intervention! Who should we call to do the honors?

My COTM idea was to do this within our group here. The yahoo group I was referring to is a MN group.

I like it!! Count me in!

Old 07-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #5290
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
WTG Lynn! You better start paying more attention to Paper Playful! Did you know that Feline Playful has changed their blog and name? Yep, it's now Paper Playful. They said that so many people thought they had something to do with cats. Don't know where they got that name to start with.

Where are you going on Tuesday? I hope your hand is better by then.
I saw that on their blog today! I was cracking up, because I'm one of those that confused it with a cat blog - LOL! At first - then I figured it out
They are such a great resource sight!

We are heading to Disney! Woot! We <3 Disney!! Our annual passes expire this month so we're going to woop it up and make it worthwhile! I'll have extra bandages for every day we'll be at the different theme parks - I use some washi tape just for kicks ROFL!!
Old 07-07-2013, 12:50 PM   #5291
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
I thought I HAD been paying attention! I always mark it on my Yahoo calendar since they send a reminder to check, etc. The problem I think is that so many of these challenges are like weekly ones yet don't announce the winner until 3 weeks later-or whenever they feel like it! Those are the ones that throw me off so bad.
I did see the one for Addicted to CAS - very shocked on that!!!! But have no idea which one Kelly saw......if any of y'all see it let me know. I'll go scope out the new Feline Playful too. Yep, I became a follower of the new one when they changed it a couple of days ago.
I'm still looking my friend! I swear I saw it! It was from May of this year - I went to Cupcake Inspirations which lead me to JellyPark which lead me to somewhere else and then somewhere else after that ........ it's not in my browser history so I guess I clicked on a link within a link and it didn't register. It said Lynn Hayes - I know it did! I feel like a goofball for not having the proof before saying anything, but I'm still on it!

I checked emails but nothing came in from you in regular e's or spam ... but my info is still the same
Old 07-07-2013, 01:03 PM   #5292
Die Cut Diva

ONE of the days I'm going to get all this right on these address/e-mail addresses!!!!!! I swear I will!!!

Ok, going to try once again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-07-2013, 01:11 PM   #5293
Die Cut Diva

Kelly, great use of the washi (on your hand! LOL!)

Darlene, if you want to go ahead and throw out the DOTW today that's fine too! You really don't have to wait until tomorrow. Thanks!
Old 07-07-2013, 01:16 PM   #5294
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello everyone,

My name Linda I hope you don't mine me chartting here. I am just now thread but scs, and i am wondering what the group is all about? the frist three inks do not work! I don't have blog but, I am look new friends and some fun on some blogs. I not sure what this thread is all around But hope you ladies can help me here? I am looking to make new friends and fun. Can you laides tell more about group? thanks hotwheels
Old 07-07-2013, 02:14 PM   #5295
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I thought I HAD been paying attention! I always mark it on my Yahoo calendar since they send a reminder to check, etc. The problem I think is that so many of these challenges are like weekly ones yet don't announce the winner until 3 weeks later-or whenever they feel like it! Those are the ones that throw me off so bad.
I did see the one for Addicted to CAS - very shocked on that!!!! But have no idea which one Kelly saw......if any of y'all see it let me know. I'll go scope out the new Feline Playful too. Yep, I became a follower of the new one when they changed it a couple of days ago.
Oh, you are so organized. I have to go every couple days to check out the Playful blog to see if my names listed and sometimes I forget to check it out.

I agree that sometimes the challenges last for longer than a week. That's why I have to go and check it out all the time.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 07-07-2013, 02:16 PM   #5296
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I've just sent everyone an updated list of address, etc. for the group. If you didn't get it for some reason - or if I have something wrong - please let me know! (Paige, thanks for the reminder!)
Mine is right.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-07-2013, 02:18 PM   #5297
Die Cut Diva

My inbox for PM's was full...........It's ok to PM me now as I deleted them. I sent all of y'all a PM. Will wait to hear from you. Sorry about it being full! Is that what is know as disorganization!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!
Old 07-07-2013, 02:23 PM   #5298
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Hi Ladies!
Hope it's sunny where you are! I have a washi tape card I need to get posted, hope to get to it today, but first I have to get a Christmas card done for my Holly Jolly gig.

I'd like to propose an idea for our group - totally optional of course. On a Yahoo group I'm in, I am in charge of a card of the month swap. It's a partner swap and you send one card a month and each month you are assigned a different partner from the group. Members sign up month by month or they tell me they want to be a permanent member. Does this sound like something you would be interested in? Let me know here, or you can send me a PM.

Here's a funny: I was going to get serious about my ever growing piles of scraps and just toss them out...but...I couldn't do it! I did manage to get rid of the teeniest pieces, but the rest are still with me. I need an intervention! Anyone?

Have a great day everyone!
Thanks for the reminder about the Washi tape card. I'm needing some inspiration and I just got a box from SU yesterday that has Washi tape in it. Yeah! I am working on a card right now for a challenge, so I'll get to the WT one after and I need to start working on Christmas cards. I'm not going to have any made this year.

I love the idea of the swap Paige. Especially since we'll only have to make one card to send out. I'm in!

LOL! I don't throw scraps away either. I actually try to keep them with the rest of the set that it goes with. My 6 x 6 paper pads I keep in Ziploc bags and put the scraps in the bag too. I do have a bunch of old pattern paper that I'm wanting to find a new home for, so if you know anyone that would like to have some let me know. It's not SU, just random paper that I've bought over the years and I'd like to have the room for my SU and Basic Gray paper that I really love and use all the time.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-07-2013, 02:27 PM   #5299
Stazon Splitcoast

Sent a PM Lynn .. Mine has a small change with the capital thingie!

Paige, sounds intriquing ... I can handle one card I'm leaving Tuesday though so if you send it after that, I'll reply or follow directions when I return!
Old 07-07-2013, 02:30 PM   #5300
Pearl-ExPert

Well so far for the COTM swap I have heard positive responses from:
Lynn
Darlene
Maxine
Maggie

I'll wait and see if any others are interested and then will get a partner list going! I'm getting excited for happy mail how about you!

Old 07-07-2013, 02:33 PM   #5301
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcardmaking View Post
Checking in here with my Fellow Paper Addicts! How is everyone doing? I just read back a bit...Let's see:

Kelly: OUCH!!! Be careful with that hand girl! Like Maggie & others have said, watch out for infection.

Lynn: Hooray for your wins!!

Shelly: Glad to see you back here! And glad to hear that the tooth is better. Double high-five on DH & girlfriend coming to visit - how fun!

Maxine: How's the cross stitch coming along?

Maggie: Saying a special batch of prayers for your brother. Colon and liver cancers are very prevalent in my family, so I know what you mean about the role that diet plays.
It's so hard to be far away isn't it? I'm sure that he will be on your mind a lot and I sure do hope that someone lets you know how everything goes ASAP. Hugs!

Lynn: I have a DOTW if you don't mind. Hmmmm, I'd better write it down so I can actually REMEMBER it tomorrow! LOL
Hi Darlene! Thanks for the prayers. I appreciate it and I know my brother will also. It is kind of scary because my sis and my younger brother had it many years ago. Both have been "cured." My sis had surgery also and my younger brother did some alternative treatment and cured himself. I really keep track of myself because I don't want this to be another cancer that I have to go through either, but I'm so against those icking tests that they want to do to check for it.

I can't wait to hear your DOTW! Oh, BTW, I'm finally using that roll of tape you sent me. It seems to be working rather well. Guess we'll have to discuss buying more at some point.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-07-2013, 02:35 PM   #5302
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
Lynn, I have not got the list - can you send it via p.m. here on SCS - I seem to remember this happening last time - did you use the gmail addy or the other one?

One card a month sounds 'do-able' Paige

Darlene - the cross stitch has slowed again - I have been preparing for my class tomorrow.

Kelly - you take care of that hand - it sounds a nasty gash

It's Monday morning here and I had better get going to get everything done before the dentist appointment this afternoon - oh, I think the second 'chip' is actually a filling that has come out, now I have looked a bit more closely.....
Good luck with the dentist. Glad that it's a lost filling rather than another chipped tooth.

Good luck with your class also.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-07-2013, 02:37 PM   #5303
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
I saw that on their blog today! I was cracking up, because I'm one of those that confused it with a cat blog - LOL! At first - then I figured it out
They are such a great resource sight!

We are heading to Disney! Woot! We <3 Disney!! Our annual passes expire this month so we're going to woop it up and make it worthwhile! I'll have extra bandages for every day we'll be at the different theme parks - I use some washi tape just for kicks ROFL!!
LOL! Take a photo of your hand with the WAshi Tape and we'll call it a card submission for the challenge!

Have fun at Disney! I've only been once and it was quite stressful. Given my age in years and not in mind and spirit, I think I'm past the prime of loving to go to Disney. I did enjoy it with the kids, but standing in lines for 8+ hours was a bit much for me and I got terrible leg and thigh cramps later than night in bed. Worst pain I had ever felt.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-07-2013, 02:40 PM   #5304
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels View Post
Hello everyone,

My name Linda I hope you don't mine me chartting here. I am just now thread but scs, and i am wondering what the group is all about? the frist three inks do not work! I don't have blog but, I am look new friends and some fun on some blogs. I not sure what this thread is all around But hope you ladies can help me here? I am looking to make new friends and fun. Can you laides tell more about group? thanks hotwheels
Hi Linda. We are a blogging group. Just a group of ladies who have blogs that like to chat a bit too. Being in this group, you really need to have a blog since that's what it's about. We visit each other's blogs and leave lovely comments on our cards or scrap papers or whatever else we create and post on there.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-07-2013, 02:47 PM   #5305
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Well so far for the COTM swap I have heard positive responses from:
Lynn
Darlene
Maxine
Maggie

I'll wait and see if any others are interested and then will get a partner list going! I'm getting excited for happy mail how about you!
Looks like Kelly wants in and you, of course. That leaves Shelly and Jeanette.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-07-2013, 02:49 PM   #5306
Pearl-ExPert

Hooray, Kelly is also interested! We have a couple more to hear from and I'm going to be away most of next week, so should we start in August?

Old 07-07-2013, 02:49 PM   #5307
Quacker Stamper

I still have laundry that I'm working on, so I'm off to get that done and feed the outside kitties. If we don't get some rain, I need to water my new plants. I look at the map and there are showers all around us, but none coming my way right now. I'll wait to water for another hour.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-07-2013, 05:04 PM   #5308
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Hello Ladies! I don't usually make it to the thread on Sundays (only make it to the forest), but I kept getting notices that you were chatty... so came to see what's up. LOL!

YES, Paige, I would love to be included in the card exchange.... it sounds like such fun! Please count me in!

I got the address list via email... thanks Lynn!

Darlene, I can't wait to hear what the question of the week will be!

Kelly, I love Disney! Can I go, too?!?!?!? I promise I'll behave!

Maggie, you are always so sweet! I love reading your posts!

Maxine, oh dear! I wish you luck at the dentist!

Waving at Shelly, too... don't remember if she was here or not... sorry!
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: The Forest in the Fall
Old 07-07-2013, 05:13 PM   #5309
Forum Fanatic

Default Hello!

Wow- I feel like I have been gone for a long time- lots to catch up on!!!

Happy Sunday to everyone!!!

Paige- count me in for the COTH- sounds like a great idea! Thanks for coordinating it : )

My tooth has flared up again......I re-started the antibiotic- I had stopped it because it was bothering my stomach.....after 5 days- so guess I should have taken it for a longer time....... I am not heat or cold sensitive, just painful/throbbing.......

Maggie- will keep your brother in prayers and for the best possible outcome. I hear you about family being all spread out- it stinks! It is also fun if they live close to good areas to visit : ) We saw people collecting huge bundles of styrofoam on bikes in China- they do recycle it- not sure how, but we do not recycle it here- not sure how it is disposed of...

Maxine- hoping your dental woes are quickly solved with a filling : ) And, I hope your card class goes well- do you have ladies come to your home- or do you teach at another location?

Kelly- sorry to hear about your hand- I did that years ago- had to get stitches...... by my thumb joint. I was cleaning a wine glass too.... Sorry Disney was so stressful- we were lucky when we went there, it was not a crowded time and we did not have too many long lines.....

Lynn- whew- you have been getting alot done- I do not know that plant- will have to google it! Thanks so much for the updated address list- greatly appreciated!

Waving hi to Jeanette, Darlene and Marilyn.....

Oh- I had the strangest incident- I was trying to leave comments on blogs- and Yahoo kept asking me to sign in...... and it would not let me sign in....and in the AM- my blog was gone -poof! I googled it and had to send for a code- entered it and poof- it was back- seriously- very scary!

Shelly
Old 07-07-2013, 05:16 PM   #5310
Pearl-ExPert

Oh Jeanette, I'm so happy you like the COTM idea! It will be so exciting to hold in our hands the cards made by our talented group members!

Old 07-07-2013, 05:17 PM   #5311

Yikes! That IS scary, Shelly... I would cry if my blog disappeared!

Old 07-07-2013, 05:17 PM   #5312

Quote:
Oh Jeanette, I'm so happy you like the COTM idea! It will be so exciting to hold in our hands the cards made by our talented group members!
I'm excited that you suggested the idea! So much fun!!!

Old 07-07-2013, 05:19 PM   #5313
Pearl-ExPert

Hey Shelly! Glad you are in on the COTM too! So since we have heard from everyone already and it's a go, I will assign partners and PM everyone and we can get started this month! I'm so happy you are all excited to give this a try!

Old 07-07-2013, 05:22 PM   #5314

Thank you, Paige... will look forward to your PM!

Old 07-07-2013, 05:54 PM   #5315
Die Cut Diva

Looking forward to this Paige. What type of cards are we looking at here - like Thinking of You, Saying Hi or just any type of card. Also do we write on the inside or leave it blank and all that! Can you tell I've never done this before. Glad everyone is joining in.

Maggie, about Feline Playful (now Paper Playful)..... (thanks Shelly!). Feline Playful was originally started by Karen whose blog is Feline Creative. She LOVES cats hence the name Feline Playful! Karen was actually the originator of this group - when it was called Stamps R Us. Sweet lady and makes great cards!

Shelly and Maxine........sorry about all the dental issues! Not fun or good! We'll be thinking about you.

Shelly, that's scary about your computer and all.........I sure hope mine doesn't do it since I'd have no clue what to do. Guess I'd just have to e-mail you and find out! Glad you got it all fixed though.

Kelly, know y'all will have fun at Disney World - it's a fun place to be! We took out kids when they were small and I always said I wanted to go back without them someday. Guess I'm just a kid at heart!

Jeanette, glad you popped in - and on a Sunday!

Darlene - don't know if you saw the message but feel free to do the DOTW anytime you want - and thanks!
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:03 PM   #5316
Pearl-ExPert

Lynn you can send any type of card. Show off a new technique, mail a card that was admired from your blog, etc. It could even be the challenge card you made using Washi tape! Writing on the inside is totally up to you. I usually write a note on a post it, but however you like to sign your card is fine.

Did everyone get the partner PM? I had never sent a group PM before, so if you didn't receive it, let me know and I'll resend to you.

Old 07-07-2013, 06:30 PM   #5317
Die Cut Diva

Thanks Paige............

Got the partner list too!

Lynn
Old 07-07-2013, 06:52 PM   #5318
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post
Hello Ladies! I don't usually make it to the thread on Sundays (only make it to the forest), but I kept getting notices that you were chatty... so came to see what's up. LOL!

YES, Paige, I would love to be included in the card exchange.... it sounds like such fun! Please count me in!

I got the address list via email... thanks Lynn!

Darlene, I can't wait to hear what the question of the week will be!

Kelly, I love Disney! Can I go, too?!?!?!? I promise I'll behave!

Maggie, you are always so sweet! I love reading your posts!

Maxine, oh dear! I wish you luck at the dentist!

Waving at Shelly, too... don't remember if she was here or not... sorry!
Hi Jeanette. Glad you stopped by this Sunday evening. LOL! You only see my good side.

I didn't get the laundry finished, but I did work on a card and finished it. I'd use it for our swap, but it turned out to be a Christmas card. Very unorthodox colors - pink, yellow, and green. It was a color combo challenge and then I picked out a Lili of the Valley digi print to use and when I was done, it was a Christmas card! First one of the year.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:53 PM   #5319
Pearl-ExPert

Whew, the lists are showing up!

The cards you send can be generic, anything goes! Something from your card stash is fine, as long as it is a card you made yourself. Just have fun and send a card that you would like to share with your partner.

Old 07-07-2013, 06:56 PM   #5320
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
Wow- I feel like I have been gone for a long time- lots to catch up on!!!

Happy Sunday to everyone!!!

Paige- count me in for the COTH- sounds like a great idea! Thanks for coordinating it : )

My tooth has flared up again......I re-started the antibiotic- I had stopped it because it was bothering my stomach.....after 5 days- so guess I should have taken it for a longer time....... I am not heat or cold sensitive, just painful/throbbing.......

Maggie- will keep your brother in prayers and for the best possible outcome. I hear you about family being all spread out- it stinks! It is also fun if they live close to good areas to visit : ) We saw people collecting huge bundles of styrofoam on bikes in China- they do recycle it- not sure how, but we do not recycle it here- not sure how it is disposed of...

Maxine- hoping your dental woes are quickly solved with a filling : ) And, I hope your card class goes well- do you have ladies come to your home- or do you teach at another location?

Kelly- sorry to hear about your hand- I did that years ago- had to get stitches...... by my thumb joint. I was cleaning a wine glass too.... Sorry Disney was so stressful- we were lucky when we went there, it was not a crowded time and we did not have too many long lines.....

Lynn- whew- you have been getting alot done- I do not know that plant- will have to google it! Thanks so much for the updated address list- greatly appreciated!

Waving hi to Jeanette, Darlene and Marilyn.....

Oh- I had the strangest incident- I was trying to leave comments on blogs- and Yahoo kept asking me to sign in...... and it would not let me sign in....and in the AM- my blog was gone -poof! I googled it and had to send for a code- entered it and poof- it was back- seriously- very scary!

Shelly
Hi Shelly! That is very strange about your blog. I think I'd cry too if mine disappeared.

I have issues with my laptop quite often when I'm logging on and sometimes it'll crash right away and I have to log in all over again. Yesterday it said that it couldn't load the user profile so I just quick turned it off and then turned it back on and it was okay. I seriously do NOT understand all the issues I have with computers. And I have Anit-Virus and Anti-Spyware programs to keep things clean and still I have issues.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts