Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2013, 07:44 PM   #5241
Die Cut Diva

Yea Paige..........it's Christmas in July!!!!!!!!!!!! Go for it!!!!

I didn't know about the one at Sizzix! Will check it out now.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-04-2013, 09:05 PM   #5242
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hi

Just dropping in to say hello! I made it thru and got all of my cards done this week- whew! There was alot of chatter for me to catch up with here....

Maxine- glad you are having bad weather- but so sorry about your tooth!

Kel- seriously- I would have asked for the office manager and had a fit if they did that to me! Glad you are getting to the beach- so gross about the poor turtle- and I would be so afraid of staying in the water! We went to Florida- Cocoa Beach..... and were swimming, and stopped up off the bridge to go to the bathroom. There was a guy fishing that pulled in a really small hammerhead- my son refused to go back in the water......

Lynn- cannot wait to hear about your new pencils and coloring adventures! Sounds like fun! Glad your staying safe and not risking fires for fireworks- we watched the New York firework show on TV- it was SOOOOO awesome!

Darlene- I am allergic to sulfa too- I never put that together that I could have an allergic reaction- hmmmmm

Jeanette- I have to get to your blog- I tried earlier from Facebook, and my computer would not let me get to any blogs....

Maggie- Yeah - so glad you got the AC back on....I am such a whimp- mostly with humidity- but I do not like it when it is really hot.

Our poor dog is a bit scared tonight with the firecrackers and fireworks. It has been a tame year in the neighborhood so far.......

We went out today to look at patio furniture and wood flooring options- with my allergies, we decided to get wood floors upstairs. Hubby wants to look at Pergo too. Looks like we will be doing alot of sorting.....yikes!

When I went to the dentist with my bad tooth last week, my sinus' we absolutely terrible on the X-ray- and I felt fine...... They put me on an antibiotic and everything got all better- no drilling, no root canal...so I am keeping my fingers crossed! I no longer have heat or cold intolerance either.

My son is coming home in a couple of weeks- bringing his girlfriend with him- there are driving from Colorado here- then on to New Jersey- then will swing back on the way back to Colorado......alot of driving!

Off to try to visit blogs tonight!

Shelly
Old 07-05-2013, 04:19 AM   #5243
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts. It was so nice playing with my new digital thermostat. I couldn't decide between 77 and 78. I wish they had a 77.5

I did shop 20% off yesterday but they were plants and shrubs. Went to the nursery after the tech left and bought a bunch of new plants for my flower beds and a Hummingbird Bush and a beautiful crepe myrtle - new one called Black Diamond which has black foliage and dark red/pink flowers. They also have one with beautiful white flowers too. Maybe one of these days I'll go back and get one of those too.

Off to work this morning. I don't think my bosses will be in. They have a funeral service to attend down in Galveston. One of their cousins lost her litle baby girl last Monday. So sad. Put her down for a nap and 30 minutes later, she was blue. They were at the IL's house and he is a doctor. Tried to revive her but it was too late. Please pray for this family.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 07-05-2013, 05:41 AM   #5244
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Welcome Back, Shelly! So good to see you! I'm glad your tooth is better now!

Oh my! I'm so sorry to hear of the loss in your boss' family. Praying for all of them. How very sad!
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: The Forest in the Fall
Old 07-05-2013, 06:00 AM   #5245
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Good morning! Dh had to take his brother to the airport bright and early and woke me up before the sun came up, lol! Zzzzzzzz!

No shopping or sales for me, tempting as it was! I did browse the $4 MFT stamps but I didn't buy ... Seeing how we ARE the Stamp Addicts, I should have lived up to the name, eh? LOL!!!

many prayers for the family and the new angel baby ..that is so very sad. Such a tragic loss, breaks my heart for them

Shell, glad you are feeling better and hoping the antibiotics do their magic! If you can escape a root canal, etc ... That is wonderful! Our dog Buddy hid all night, too, shaking and terrified from the fireworks. It was so sad. We actually had a monsoon 5 after 9 pm, and they start,at 9! Everything was soaked, then delayed, but we went back out and saw the beautiful display from the neighboring lake. God bless the USA!

Lots of running around .. We leave for vacation next week and there is so much to,do!!

Hugs for all!
Old 07-05-2013, 08:06 AM   #5246
Stazon Splitcoast

Ladies, if you could please keep a girl from my daughter's Girl Scout troop in your prayers. I just got a message that her mom passed away yesterday unexpectedly .. And on the 4th of July Sofia is just 13, poor baby girl. I know the family would appreciate them being lifted in prayer.

blessings xoxo
Old 07-05-2013, 08:16 AM   #5247
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
Ladies, if you could please keep a girl from my daughter's Girl Scout troop in your prayers. I just got a message that her mom passed away yesterday unexpectedly .. And on the 4th of July Sofia is just 13, poor baby girl. I know the family would appreciate them being lifted in prayer.

blessings xoxo
Oh how sad. For sure will be saying prayers for Sofia and her family for peace and comfort. I pray that she has strong extended family support who will be able to help fill in the empty hole in her life. Sad to think of all the life events that her mom won't be there to share with her.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
MiamiKel4 and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:20 PM   #5248
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks, Maggie .. I couldn't have said it better. I know they'll appreciate their prayers. My heart aches for the parents of the baby, too ... Oh so sad. Heaven has gained new angels.

On a happier note, vacation shopping is done ... My kids need to STOP growing!! Everyone has burst out of their shoes, sandals, shorts, bras! Cha-Ching at every register, every store .. 4 kids ... No stamps for me for like a year!! LOL!

I was asked to the movies today to see Despicible Me 2 by my dd16's boyfriend's mother ..how cute is that!! They have a date tonight and she wanted to see it as well and asked me to accompany her ... Too fun! I've only chatted with her a few times at school functions and a few waves when she drops off her son I've invited her to coffee and lunch but we haven't been able to make our schedules work (she works and has weekends/nights free) whereas I'm the exact opposite!

Hoped to get a card done but that didn't happen!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:21 PM   #5249
Pearl-ExPert

Aww - what sadness - will pray for both families .

So glad you are getting so much better Shelly - I was the opposite - for ages I thought I was having sinus infections and it was actually infection around the base of a tooth... thankfully antibiotics killed that as it was a tooth that already had a root canal.

Thankfully my cat is fairly 'laid back' and fireworks do not worry him unduly.

I got some crafting done yesterday - just packing up the kits for next week so nothing to show.
MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:25 PM   #5250

Praying for Sofia!

Old 07-05-2013, 04:34 PM   #5251
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
Just dropping in to say hello! I made it thru and got all of my cards done this week- whew! There was alot of chatter for me to catch up with here....

Maggie- Yeah - so glad you got the AC back on....I am such a whimp- mostly with humidity- but I do not like it when it is really hot.

Our poor dog is a bit scared tonight with the firecrackers and fireworks. It has been a tame year in the neighborhood so far.......

We went out today to look at patio furniture and wood flooring options- with my allergies, we decided to get wood floors upstairs. Hubby wants to look at Pergo too. Looks like we will be doing alot of sorting.....yikes!

When I went to the dentist with my bad tooth last week, my sinus' we absolutely terrible on the X-ray- and I felt fine...... They put me on an antibiotic and everything got all better- no drilling, no root canal...so I am keeping my fingers crossed! I no longer have heat or cold intolerance either.

My son is coming home in a couple of weeks- bringing his girlfriend with him- there are driving from Colorado here- then on to New Jersey- then will swing back on the way back to Colorado.....alot of driving!

Off to try to visit blogs tonight!

Shelly
Sounds like fun shopping for new flooring. I love having my wood floors and ceramic tile. I just have one large area rug in my living room.

Glad that your toothache was just sinus related stuff. At least it's just antibiotics and not a drilling/filling session.

Yeah! I"m sure you'll love having your son home. Have you met the GF yet? Is this something that has been going on for awhile? Enjoy.

I need to go visit blogs too. Sorry, it seems like forever since I've been able to get around.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-05-2013, 06:07 PM   #5252
Die Cut Diva

So sad about that little girls mom Kelly. Will be thinking of her.

Shelly, that's going to be great to visit with your son - and his girlfriend now too!

Jim and I went to Costco in San Antonio this morning about 9:00 and finally got home around 4:00! Long day. After Costco (which always seems to take too much time AND money) Jim wanted to go to Lowes (think TOOLS!!!). While he was looking at all the tools I picked up a couple of plants. Sure wish I gotten in on a sale like you did Maggie! That black crepe myrtle sounds yummy!!! I'd probably have to get one of those just because!
Old 07-05-2013, 06:18 PM   #5253
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
So sad about that little girls mom Kelly. Will be thinking of her.

Shelly, that's going to be great to visit with your son - and his girlfriend now too!

Jim and I went to Costco in San Antonio this morning about 9:00 and finally got home around 4:00! Long day. After Costco (which always seems to take too much time AND money) Jim wanted to go to Lowes (think TOOLS!!!). While he was looking at all the tools I picked up a couple of plants. Sure wish I gotten in on a sale like you did Maggie! That black crepe myrtle sounds yummy!!! I'd probably have to get one of those just because!

What did you end up buying at Costco? Is that a grocery shopping trip? I know I always spend way too much when I go there. I try to only do it about twice a year. I did order a solar shade through them today though for my workshop window. I got the replacement shade for my storage room already, but I think I'll wait until I get this one delivered so the guys can come back and do both of them, and then I'll be done!

What kind of plants did you get? Flowers or shrubs? I have an open spot along my back fence. I think I'm going back to the nursery tomorrow and get one of the white flower ones. My yard man came by tonight and we went over all that I want him to do. He's going to try to come tomorrow night and get everything planted and mulched. I sure hope he does since it's supposed to start raining on Sunday for the next few days.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-05-2013, 06:45 PM   #5254
Die Cut Diva

I got two plumbago and then some vinca (annuals) for several pots I have on the front porch and back patio. Nothing special. I'll get it all planted in the morning. The only real digging I have to do is on the plumbago - not looking forward to that but it's not as bad as say planting a tree or something.

Costco..........yikes! I don't care how I do it I always spend too much! Not really grocery shopping because I mean what am I going to do with a 2 gallon can of tomato sauce! LOL! We mainly get like toilet paper, paper towels, coffee, trash bags, etc. I didn't really spend that much today but it was a big one since we'd let the membership lapse and had to renew that too. I usually get at least one great deal but it didn't happen today......and we weren't looking for anything in particular. It's nice to not run out of a lot of stuff since we live in the boonies, but just our regular grocery shopping is done in Hondo - which is about 15 minutes from here. They have a Walmart that has a few things and then H.E.B. (only in Texas, ladies).

Ok, I've about had it now!!! I won that Art Impressions challenge back when. I e-mailed them that day and asked what info they needed from me, etc. Didn't hear anything back and e-mailed them again on Monday! NOTHING!!!! I e-mailed her again today and STILL haven't heard a word. That's it.......I'm NOT going to e-mail again!!! Grrrrrr....... It was a good win too! Oh well.............

Oh, before I forget, Mo Manning has a free digi on her blog - but think you may only have a couple hours left to grab it!
Old 07-05-2013, 08:11 PM   #5255
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I got two plumbago and then some vinca (annuals) for several pots I have on the front porch and back patio. Nothing special. I'll get it all planted in the morning. The only real digging I have to do is on the plumbago - not looking forward to that but it's not as bad as say planting a tree or something.

Costco..........yikes! I don't care how I do it I always spend too much! Not really grocery shopping because I mean what am I going to do with a 2 gallon can of tomato sauce! LOL! We mainly get like toilet paper, paper towels, coffee, trash bags, etc. I didn't really spend that much today but it was a big one since we'd let the membership lapse and had to renew that too. I usually get at least one great deal but it didn't happen today......and we weren't looking for anything in particular. It's nice to not run out of a lot of stuff since we live in the boonies, but just our regular grocery shopping is done in Hondo - which is about 15 minutes from here. They have a Walmart that has a few things and then H.E.B. (only in Texas, ladies).

Ok, I've about had it now!!! I won that Art Impressions challenge back when. I e-mailed them that day and asked what info they needed from me, etc. Didn't hear anything back and e-mailed them again on Monday! NOTHING!!!! I e-mailed her again today and STILL haven't heard a word. That's it.......I'm NOT going to e-mail again!!! Grrrrrr....... It was a good win too! Oh well.............

Oh, before I forget, Mo Manning has a free digi on her blog - but think you may only have a couple hours left to grab it!
I love Plumbagos. I wish I had room to plant a couple of those too.

Speaking of winning, I haven't heard from My Sheri Crafts either about my blog award. Why do they say you get something and then never do it??? I think I'll look into it more tomorrow.

I saw that free digi this morning on FB this morning and got it, but it's on my computer at the office. Whimsey Stamps always has a freebie on Friday's too. It should also be still available.

I worked on my card for the Simply Betty Stamps challenge and got it finished tonight. I need to get it uploaded and posted tomorrow.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-05-2013, 08:33 PM   #5256
Die Cut Diva

I'm so ashamed of myself now!!! AI Kate just emailed me back - she'd been very sick! I feel like a dog complaining. I have started trying to pick out the stamps I want now. Yea!

Maggie, do you know anyone else on that DT you could email? I'll look at see if I know one of them too.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:10 PM   #5257
Pearl-ExPert

I won at Cupcake Challenges and got 6 digis from Emma at Flat Friends (She has an Esty shop)- awesome service. Lynn I am so glad you now have your prize coming - I have been let down a couple of time with digi prizes, but these images were fabulous and Emma couldn't have been nicer.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:35 AM   #5258

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Lynn, YAY for hearing from AI!!!

Maggie, I hope you get your winnings!

Maxine, what fun to win 6 images. Glad the service was good!

Old 07-06-2013, 05:42 AM   #5259
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I'm so ashamed of myself now!!! AI Kate just emailed me back - she'd been very sick! I feel like a dog complaining. I have started trying to pick out the stamps I want now. Yea!

Maggie, do you know anyone else on that DT you could email? I'll look at see if I know one of them too.
Don't feel bad. That happened to me one time with a challenge I won and never heard from the sponsor. It so happens that the lady in charge of the blog knew that she had had some family issues and didn't think it was her "place" to tell me that even though I kept complaining to her about not hearing from this other girl. I think I was more upset about that. If there's a problem, someone should tell you. I"m glad that you finally heard and are able to start shopping!

No, but i'll check it out more - maybe see who else won the blog award and check out their blog to see what they have on there.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-06-2013, 05:44 AM   #5260
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
I won at Cupcake Challenges and got 6 digis from Emma at Flat Friends (She has an Esty shop)- awesome service. Lynn I am so glad you now have your prize coming - I have been let down a couple of time with digi prizes, but these images were fabulous and Emma couldn't have been nicer.
That's great! I love winning challenges - whether it's a prize or a blog award.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-06-2013, 05:45 AM   #5261
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts!

I'm asking for prayers for my older brother who is having surgery on Wednesday. It sounds like he may have colon cancer. They are going to remove part of his colon. We did not get this information from him or his wife. His wife sent a message to my cousin because they were supposed to get together with her at some point next week and she e-mailed her why they couldn't do it. My cousin e-mailed my sister who e-mailed me. I don't know why she didn't include me on that e-mail. That's me - always the last to know. Sad but my brother and I have had issues for some time and really don't get along although I did send him a nice birthday card in March which he didn't acknowledge. Such is life.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-06-2013, 05:49 AM   #5262

Maggie, I'm sorry to hear of the impending surgery and lack of communication. How hurtful that must be. I'm praying all goes well with the surgery and that communication will improve. (((HUGS)))

Old 07-06-2013, 05:54 AM   #5263
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post
Maggie, I'm sorry to hear of the impending surgery and lack of communication. How hurtful that must be. I'm praying all goes well with the surgery and that communication will improve. (((HUGS)))
Thanks Jeanette. Maybe it would be easier if we lived closer together, but they are in New Jersey and I'm here in TX. I will need to get a card made to send to him though.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-06-2013, 06:16 AM   #5264

Distance is difficult on families (said from someone who lives far away from family).

mschoener and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:29 AM   #5265
Die Cut Diva

Oh Maggie, I hope it's not cancer. We'll be thinking about him. Yes, distance does a lot of different things to families. Sending hugs to you.

I got up this morning and was really on a roll. Got all my plants in the ground/pots, straightened up the house, and then Jim and I decided to clean out the storage shed! Thank goodness we got through about 11:00 since it was getting so hot. Now I'm just ready to take a nap! LOL!
Old 07-06-2013, 12:22 PM   #5266
Stazon Splitcoast

Good afternoon, ladies!

Maggie, many prayers for the family and praying the news is something treatable. Cancer is just so prevalent and I just wish they would find a cure

Lynn, we have Costco 10 mins from my house but we aren't members .. You'd think with a family our size we'd shop there, lol. And yay for hearing back!!

The movie last night was SO FUNNY! I highly recommend it, even if you see it just as adults, it was the funniest. The company was good, too! I invited her out to lunch and hope we get together soon its a tad awkward since she's the mom of my dd's boyfriend, lol, and it's not like they are getting married and we are meeting the inlaws! But they are so cute together and as long as they are, why not, right!

Shell, I am so jealous of your floors! My SIL put in Pergo and we loooove them. Here in Florida they do not recommend them as they warp in just a few years due to the humidity and nearly every house has tile! We had to pull up all our carpet in the living rooms due to dd's severe allergies (& take down the curtains, etc) but the tile is very cool (as in cold!) the doggies LOVE to come in after their walks and plop down on the cold tile.

Oh ladies!!! I did a boo-boo!! I'm such such a Clutz and so accident prone , doing dishes and stuck my hand in a wine glass to,wash it and it cracked, slicing my hand down the side about 1/2" the blood went everywhere and was all over my kitchen. My dd (wants to be a nurse) took charge and butterflied it .. Doesn't seem to need stitches and it stopped so cross your fingers!

Hi Maxine, hi to,Jeannette
Old 07-06-2013, 12:35 PM   #5267

OUCH! Kelly, no more dishwashing for you... use disposable or get those kiddos to wash them for you!

Old 07-06-2013, 04:11 PM   #5268
Die Cut Diva

Ouch is right!!! Kelly, take care of that hand. You sure don't want (or need) an infection!
Old 07-06-2013, 07:07 PM   #5269
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Oh Maggie, I hope it's not cancer. We'll be thinking about him. Yes, distance does a lot of different things to families. Sending hugs to you.

I got up this morning and was really on a roll. Got all my plants in the ground/pots, straightened up the house, and then Jim and I decided to clean out the storage shed! Thank goodness we got through about 11:00 since it was getting so hot. Now I'm just ready to take a nap! LOL!
Thanks Lynn. I'm keeping the good thoughts also.

My yard men came tonight and got everything planted and mulched. It all looks so nice. I'll finally be able to take pictures tomorrow of the patio and the flower beds and trees that we planted.

That's another project that I get to work on now that the house is done - clean out the garage. That is really going to be something else. I have a big box of styrofoam that I have to take to the Hazardous waste dump next Saturday. They only are open on the 2nd Saturday of the month. I hate to clean too early because they only come to pick up heavy trash every other month and they just did a pickup in June, so it won't be until August when them come do that again. On the off months, they pick up tree waste.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-06-2013, 07:13 PM   #5270
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Good afternoon, ladies!

Maggie, many prayers for the family and praying the news is something treatable. Cancer is just so prevalent and I just wish they would find a cure

The movie last night was SO FUNNY! I highly recommend it, even if you see it just as adults, it was the funniest. The company was good, too! I invited her out to lunch and hope we get together soon its a tad awkward since she's the mom of my dd's boyfriend, lol, and it's not like they are getting married and we are meeting the inlaws! But they are so cute together and as long as they are, why not, right!

Shell, I am so jealous of your floors! My SIL put in Pergo and we loooove them. Here in Florida they do not recommend them as they warp in just a few years due to the humidity and nearly every house has tile! We had to pull up all our carpet in the living rooms due to dd's severe allergies (& take down the curtains, etc) but the tile is very cool (as in cold!) the doggies LOVE to come in after their walks and plop down on the cold tile.

Oh ladies!!! I did a boo-boo!! I'm such such a Clutz and so accident prone , doing dishes and stuck my hand in a wine glass to,wash it and it cracked, slicing my hand down the side about 1/2" the blood went everywhere and was all over my kitchen. My dd (wants to be a nurse) took charge and butterflied it .. Doesn't seem to need stitches and it stopped so cross your fingers!

Hi Maxine, hi to,Jeannette
Thank you Kelly. We do appreciate the prayers. The thing is that colon cancer is one of the easiest to prevent if you watch your diet. Since it is in my family, I"m really aware of what I eat and don't eat.

Kelly, I don't think you should feel awkward about inviting this lady to lunch. If you like her, then be friends whether your children get together on a permanent basis or not.

Oh Kelly, I hope your hand is going to be okay. That must have really hurt. I'm glad that DD was there to help you. Just keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't get infected. Did you put something on it - like an antibiotic cream? Please use the dishwasher next time!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #5271
Die Cut Diva

I got the weirdest e-mail this afternoon! This gal e-mailed (how she got my address I have no idea) saying she saw a card I'd done on Pinterest and wanted to know if I'd sell it to her!!! I'm so afraid of strange e-mails these days but went ahead and e-mailed her back saying I really didn't sell my cards and I didn't even have that card anymore since I'd sent it to someone - but if she wanted I'd try to re-create one like it and just mail it to her. I kept thinking - ok, if this is spam, she won't e-mail again. Well, lo and behold, she e-mailed back thanking me so much and said she wanted to send it to her daughter in Kansas. SO, I guess I'm going to try to make another one like it - somehow! Is this strange or what!!!
Old 07-06-2013, 11:16 PM   #5272
Stazon Splitcoast

Haha, J - I like the way you think! We use disposable cups :: Red solo Cup, let's have a party! :: LOL! My dd14 came to the rescue and finished up, clearing the glass out of the sink but said there was 'blood everywhere' and was really upset. The worst part was that it got wet so it was gushing down my arm and looked 100 times worse than it was - it's butterflied, hurts like the dickens and bruised but eh, it will heal

Hey Maggie, our lawn men were here today, too! Our grass is growing RIDICULOUS with this summer rain. By Tuesday, it will look like it wasn't mowed at all! Lucky for us, they saw down and hauled off that tree that was hit by lightening - dh got a break! And color me confused, but I didn't realize styrofoam was hazardous material?!! Yikes! We have recyled materials picked up x2 a month and even that for me is too sparse - by the 2nd week, it's overflowing! I'm BIG on recycling

Lynn - what card did she want to buy? That's so fun! I had one lady ask that on my blog! She asked if she could have the card, lol - and like you, it was promised already. As soon as I replied, she never emailed me back :/ That's so nice of you to make another! Btw, I saw your name as the winner of something from back in May, now I'm trying to remember where/what it was, as I'm sure you were made aware of it ~ 5 digis from Paper Shelter, or something like that. Does that sound familiar?

Being that it's 2 am, I'll be getting in bed! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
Old 07-07-2013, 05:52 AM   #5273
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I got the weirdest e-mail this afternoon! This gal e-mailed (how she got my address I have no idea) saying she saw a card I'd done on Pinterest and wanted to know if I'd sell it to her!!! I'm so afraid of strange e-mails these days but went ahead and e-mailed her back saying I really didn't sell my cards and I didn't even have that card anymore since I'd sent it to someone - but if she wanted I'd try to re-create one like it and just mail it to her. I kept thinking - ok, if this is spam, she won't e-mail again. Well, lo and behold, she e-mailed back thanking me so much and said she wanted to send it to her daughter in Kansas. SO, I guess I'm going to try to make another one like it - somehow! Is this strange or what!!!
Well, how fun. Certainly beats the weird e-mails that I always get.
That is strange that she was able to find your e-mail address. Is that connected to Pinterest somehow so she could get it there?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-07-2013, 05:58 AM   #5274
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Haha, J - I like the way you think! We use disposable cups :: Red solo Cup, let's have a party! :: LOL! My dd14 came to the rescue and finished up, clearing the glass out of the sink but said there was 'blood everywhere' and was really upset. The worst part was that it got wet so it was gushing down my arm and looked 100 times worse than it was - it's butterflied, hurts like the dickens and bruised but eh, it will heal

Hey Maggie, our lawn men were here today, too! Our grass is growing RIDICULOUS with this summer rain. By Tuesday, it will look like it wasn't mowed at all! Lucky for us, they saw down and hauled off that tree that was hit by lightening - dh got a break! And color me confused, but I didn't realize styrofoam was hazardous material?!! Yikes! We have recyled materials picked up x2 a month and even that for me is too sparse - by the 2nd week, it's overflowing! I'm BIG on recycling

Lynn - what card did she want to buy? That's so fun! I had one lady ask that on my blog! She asked if she could have the card, lol - and like you, it was promised already. As soon as I replied, she never emailed me back :/ That's so nice of you to make another! Btw, I saw your name as the winner of something from back in May, now I'm trying to remember where/what it was, as I'm sure you were made aware of it ~ 5 digis from Paper Shelter, or something like that. Does that sound familiar?

Being that it's 2 am, I'll be getting in bed! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
Poor Kelly. I'm sure your hand is going to hurt like the dickens for awhile. Just watch it to make sure it doesn't get infected. Keep it out of the water!

Styrafoam doesn't break down so it's bad for the environment and landfills. Even here we have to use special bags to put our garden waste in for it to be picked up on Fridays that will break down. My yard man uses them, but I don't have any (been telling self to get some and always forget). So my yard waste goes in my regular trash.

I'm big on recycling too. We have one of those huge green bins, but it only gets picked up every 2 weeks, so by the time it's time, it's usually full. I keep a small trash bin in my house to collect it and then dump it in the bigger one when it's full. Ours does not have to be separated either. It all goes in the one bin which makes it so much easier.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-07-2013, 06:00 AM   #5275
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts!

Nice weather here this morning, but we're supposed to get rain later today and for the next couple of days. Now I wish I had the yard guys put sod down too in the front where they cleared it away from the tree, but I probably will do that in the next couple of weeks.

Off to get some breakfast and get moving on my day.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-07-2013, 06:28 AM   #5276
Die Cut Diva

I didn''t know that about styrafoam either! Out here in the country, it's more - if it can't be hauled off in the garbage, you burn it! Not good, I know - but we don't have anything like what y'all have in Houston. We do have a landfill where we can take stuff but they don't separate anything there except the steel they can sell.

Kelly, I have no earthly idea what challenge you're talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you think of what it was or see it, let me know. I can't even image what it could be.

Gotta get busy so will close for now. Will check in later.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:26 AM   #5277
Stazon Splitcoast

Lol, lynn ... I will go back and see if I can find it. And Omgosh, you have won a lot of challenges, girl! Though I'm not surprised with your awesome cards! I just did a quick search to see if the other card would show (the one I saw last night!) and your name popped up on all kinds of wins! Like this one ..... Congrats! I loved this card!!!!!

Addicted to CAS: Challenge #15 Winners!

I don't normal stalk, Rofl! I just thought it would help in locating what I saw at 2 am :/

No church for me today - my hand is black and blue not to mention all the clapping and singing, I'll prob forget and bang it. We leave Tuesday and I need to be healed

I'll be back later!
Old 07-07-2013, 08:06 AM   #5278
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Lol, lynn ... I will go back and see if I can find it. And Omgosh, you have won a lot of challenges, girl! Though I'm not surprised with your awesome cards! I just did a quick search to see if the other card would show (the one I saw last night!) and your name popped up on all kinds of wins! Like this one ..... Congrats! I loved this card!!!!!

Addicted to CAS: Challenge #15 Winners!

I don't normal stalk, Rofl! I just thought it would help in locating what I saw at 2 am :/

No church for me today - my hand is black and blue not to mention all the clapping and singing, I'll prob forget and bang it. We leave Tuesday and I need to be healed

I'll be back later!
WTG Lynn! You better start paying more attention to Paper Playful! Did you know that Feline Playful has changed their blog and name? Yep, it's now Paper Playful. They said that so many people thought they had something to do with cats. Don't know where they got that name to start with.

Where are you going on Tuesday? I hope your hand is better by then.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-07-2013, 08:40 AM   #5279
Die Cut Diva

I thought I HAD been paying attention! I always mark it on my Yahoo calendar since they send a reminder to check, etc. The problem I think is that so many of these challenges are like weekly ones yet don't announce the winner until 3 weeks later-or whenever they feel like it! Those are the ones that throw me off so bad.
I did see the one for Addicted to CAS - very shocked on that!!!! But have no idea which one Kelly saw......if any of y'all see it let me know. I'll go scope out the new Feline Playful too. Yep, I became a follower of the new one when they changed it a couple of days ago.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:18 AM   #5280
Die Cut Diva

I've just sent everyone an updated list of address, etc. for the group. If you didn't get it for some reason - or if I have something wrong - please let me know! (Paige, thanks for the reminder!)