Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2013, 06:20 PM   #5201
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Finally popping in here. I started off this morning painting some lawn furniture. Of course got half way done and realized I needed to run to town for more supplies.........So three hours later we got back and started back in on the furniture! Will finish it up in the morning. It's just a pain - plus I didn't do it last year so have to spend twice the amount of time on it this year.

Maggie, we were are having a little better weather around here too. After Saturday tremendous temps, anything feels better! Think it only got up to 93 here today and there are showers in the area again. Maybe we'll get one this time.

Well, I e-mailed the gal at Art Impressions again about me winning!!! Hopefully she'll respond this time. I'm like you Maggie, I think they ought to respond within a short period of time. I've also got a pet peeve about the challenges that don't announce the winner in like FOREVER! They're a weekly challenge - but then it may be three weeks later when they announce who won.

Waving hello to everyone else! Has anyone heard anything from Paige lately?

Oh, y'all should be VERY PROUD of me!!!!!!!!!!!!! I put up a card on SCS!!!!! The last time I added one to my gallery was July 12, 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIKES!!! I've been more than lazy and that's all fixing to change now! I think the problem is that I have to go back over each time and resize it - but hey, it doesn't take that long - so no more excuses!

Gotta go grub up something to eat around here. Will check in later!
That sucks about not having all the supplies that you needed and have to waste all that time traveling to get it.

I'm looking forward to some better weather this week. My flowers didn't look so wilted today, so I'll water them tomorrow.

Let us know when you hear from AI. I haven't heard anything about my award yet either.

Congrats on putting something on SCS. I can't remember the last time I did. It just seems that it all takes so much time so I don't do it.

Been working on balancing my checkbook tonight and setting up my budget for the next 6 months. Ugh!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-02-2013, 12:17 AM   #5202
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Ladies!

Here I am! Waving hello to everyone! Gee, I've been busy, but not necessarily productive in anything! Working on some mini albums of the DGD, but not finished with them yet. I never seem to have the right paper or enough coordinating papers or something!

Wow, all of you winning challenges and such is fantastic! Congratulations! I'm not sure if I've ever won anything. If I have, it was too long ago to remember! this saying just popped into my head: "If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all." That seems to sum up my luck for winning drawings and such!

June just disappeared before my eyes and here it is July already! Anyone have special plans for the 4th? No plans here, but the following week we are headed to Red Wing, MN where an annual convention is held for people who collect Red Wing stoneware, art pottery, dinnerware, and such. My DH collects stoneware, as in crocks, jugs, churns and such.

Does anyone here have any of the Prima Paper Doll stamps? I just ordered a couple so I could join a swap here on SCS - how silly is that! Oh, and I need to post a card I made using washi tape, although I'm not loving how it turned out - it was so much cuter in my head! I'll let you know when I post it!

Old 07-02-2013, 03:08 AM   #5203
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts!

Hi Paige. Can't wait to see the albums you're making of the DGD and your Washi tape card.

I can't believe the year is half over either.

So far no plans for the 4th. Haven't heard from my sis or any of her family about anything going on. My dd and I talked about it Sunday night and neither of us have plans to do anything. I'll be glad for the day off so I can get more work done cleaning up my stamp room and getting it back in order.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-02-2013, 04:02 AM   #5204
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Paige, I'd never heard of Prima Paper Doll stamps... so googled it. They are so cute! I'll look forward to seeing what you make with the ones you purchased.

We don't have plans for the 4th yet... not sure... we may just stay home and grill. Our Brock is scared of loud noises so hates fireworks. We never see a display of them because of that - and we try to have him home for his usual bedtime (he goes to bed EARLY - like around 8:15) so that he's hopefully asleep before things start "booming" in the neighborhood.
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin Twisted Tuesday

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: Camping in the Forest
Old 07-02-2013, 07:10 AM   #5205
Pearl-ExPert

Shelly I saw this on Scrap Ace today and thought of you:

G45 BirdSong Cling Stamps

Old 07-02-2013, 07:11 AM   #5206
Pearl-ExPert

And for those of you who can't get enough of washi tape:

scrapbookSTEALS.comŽ | Daily Scrapbook Deals at 8am & 8pm PST. Ideas & How To

Old 07-02-2013, 07:12 AM   #5207
Pearl-ExPert

Oops, can I post those? LOL! Too late!

mschoener and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:44 PM   #5208
Pearl-ExPert

Hey Paige.........you sound really busy with all those swaps! You're having fun though so it's ok. I also had to check out the Prima Paper doll stamps since I'd never heard of them either! CUTE! I also googled the Red Wing Stoneware!!!!!!!!!!! WOW! That stuff is pretty. I love the old crocks, etc. I'll have to be on the lookout for some of this and if I happen to find it will let you know. I have several old crocks that belonged to my grandparents (but they're not Red Wing).

I also checked out the washi at scrapbook steals.......too late! That's me - and fine since I've already probably spent too much on crafts this month anyway.....oh WAIT!!!! We're in JULY now..........woohoo......a whole new month! LOL!

We don't have any plans for the 4th at all......just another day around here I'm sure.

I finally finished painting the lawn furniture. Whew! The last piece was a glider that my parents had when I was growing up - (This is where I can say it's really OLD!!!!!!) It's such a pain to have to paint, but I'm done now. I need to do this every spring/summer instead of waiting like I did - it'd make it much easier on me.

Since it really is a brand new month, has anyone heard of any good sales for the 4th?
Old 07-02-2013, 02:48 PM   #5209
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Hello girls! Very long day here, between errands, dd14's haircut and ds's dentist (yay, no cavities!!) and no time to be online ... eeeeek!

We had a whopper of a storm this morning! Oh my, the booming and thunder was awful! I came out later and found our lychee tree split in half!! Burnt from a lightening strike. Yikes, that's usually where dh parks his car :/

Our 4th plans are usually heading down to the bay to enjoy the shore but then we come home to BBQ because dh is adamant about not being out for fireworks. One of my fondest memories is sparklers

Guess what!!! Yesterday at the beach we had some drama when a massive sea turtle went by us and we thought it was swimming ... Til we saw that it wasn't, but drifting in the waves. It washed up to shore and then we saw it was bit nearly in half by a shark!!!! My daughter ran back with her phone and took pix, I was nearly crying it was so horrible. It wasn't bleeding or anything but still ... Horrible!! I don't think it happened near us or the shore but still!! I'm not leaving the shoreline next time!!
Old 07-02-2013, 05:26 PM   #5210
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Hey Paige.........you sound really busy with all those swaps! You're having fun though so it's ok. I also had to check out the Prima Paper doll stamps since I'd never heard of them either! CUTE! I also googled the Red Wing Stoneware!!!!!!!!!!! WOW! That stuff is pretty. I love the old crocks, etc. I'll have to be on the lookout for some of this and if I happen to find it will let you know. I have several old crocks that belonged to my grandparents (but they're not Red Wing).

I also checked out the washi at scrapbook steals.......too late! That's me - and fine since I've already probably spent too much on crafts this month anyway.....oh WAIT!!!! We're in JULY now..........woohoo......a whole new month! LOL!

We don't have any plans for the 4th at all......just another day around here I'm sure.

I finally finished painting the lawn furniture. Whew! The last piece was a glider that my parents had when I was growing up - (This is where I can say it's really OLD!!!!!!) It's such a pain to have to paint, but I'm done now. I need to do this every spring/summer instead of waiting like I did - it'd make it much easier on me.

Since it really is a brand new month, has anyone heard of any good sales for the 4th?
Glad you got the painting all finished. Wouldn't it be nice if we could do one thing and have it done for good and not have to do it time after time.

I'm hoping to have an all day stamp fest at my house on Thursday. I talked to my sis tonight ad she didn't mention any plans for the 4th, so I guess we're not getting together.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-02-2013, 05:32 PM   #5211
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
Hello girls! Very long day here, between errands, dd14's haircut and ds's dentist (yay, no cavities!!) and no time to be online ... eeeeek!

We had a whopper of a storm this morning! Oh my, the booming and thunder was awful! I came out later and found our lychee tree split in half!! Burnt from a lightening strike. Yikes, that's usually where dh parks his car :/

Our 4th plans are usually heading down to the bay to enjoy the shore but then we come home to BBQ because dh is adamant about not being out for fireworks. One of my fondest memories is sparklers

Guess what!!! Yesterday at the beach we had some drama when a massive sea turtle went by us and we thought it was swimming ... Til we saw that it wasn't, but drifting in the waves. It washed up to shore and then we saw it was bit nearly in half by a shark!!!! My daughter ran back with her phone and took pix, I was nearly crying it was so horrible. It wasn't bleeding or anything but still ... Horrible!! I don't think it happened near us or the shore but still!! I'm not leaving the shoreline next time!!
Glad to hear no cavities.

Yikes on the storm and the tree being hit by lightning. So glad that DH's car wasn't parked in his regular spot That's what happened to my big old oak tree in my front yard and finally had to take it down last Fall.

Yes, I'm sad that I won't get to see fireworks. We have a horsetrack close to us and they used to run the horses on 4th of July and we'd all go there and have fun betting on the horses and they had the best fireworks. They haven't done it though for the last few years.

Oh, so sad about the turtle. Did anyone do anything about it? Was it able to be saved? There was a man who was bitten by a shark I think in Freeport and he was only in waist deep water.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-02-2013, 06:58 PM   #5212
Pearl-ExPert

The Crafts Meow is having a 4th of July sale..............
Old 07-03-2013, 03:06 AM   #5213
Quacker Stamper

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-03-2013, 03:15 AM   #5214

Oh my Kelly - how sad and scary!

Sales... I'm not looking.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:11 AM   #5215
Pearl-ExPert

So sad about that turtle Kelly!!! Be careful if there are sharks about though!

Maxine, I'll check out The Crafts Meow. I know that Bugaboo is having a sale too. Haven't really heard of much more although I'm sure they're out there.

We're not doing anything special tomorrow - which is fine. I may fix Jim a hot dog though! LOL! We don't pop fireworks around here - which is also fine since it's so dry. I think they're allowing them here this year but the past couple have been a no-go. After that fire in Arizona and losing so many firemen, you'd think that people would really pay attention to fires and fireworks now.

Lazy day here today.
mschoener likes this post.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:44 PM   #5216
Gabfest Goddess

Hi Stamp Addicts!!!

No real plans for the 4th here either. I am terribly allergic to sulfa drugs, and the smoke from fireworks really bothers me, gives me a killer headache. So we tend to stay put. Which is fine with me. Everything has been so topsy-turvy (personally and professionally) that I can really use a couple of days of crafting & music. Get myself re-centered if you know what I mean.

Today is DD's 30th birthday. Ummm, how did THAT happen????????? LOL, I can't possibly be that old, can I?

We'll probably have the gang over on Friday to celebrate it. Maybe it will even quit raining by then

Do any of you get the emails from here? The "Weekly Inkling"? If you do, check out this week's tutorial for a lotion/emery file holder. I think I'm gonna give it a try for DD. If you scroll to the bottom where they list tutorials from the past, you'll see one for a crimped card. I'm giving that a shot too for her bday card.

Wishing all of us here in the States a fun but SAFE holiday. Between the traffic and the fireworks, hoping that everyone has a safe one!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 07-03-2013, 12:51 PM   #5217
Gabfest Goddess

Maggie:
We have been shopping for replacement windows. YIKES! It's a big investment. But would be sooooo nice!

Lynn:
No idea when I may get a Washi tape card posted, still don't own any. Although, I think that may be an easy fix. hehehehehehe

Paige:
Thanks for the sales announcements. Such a public service for us addicted ones!

Jeanette:
Have you used your Genius platform yet? I just got one last week, and look forward to trying it out this weekend.

Maxine:
Has the weather improved any for you down under? It's been pretty gross here, humid, stormy, downpours, thunderstorms, etc. Only mosquitos like this weather.

Kelly:
That is so sad about the sea turtle. And scary too.

My brain just fizzled out (nothing new about that) Waving to all of you! Off to play now...

Old 07-03-2013, 03:09 PM   #5218

Oh, it's such fun to come here and read the chatter. (It's also nice to be sitting - my day has been hectic.)

Sales... oh, no... I will not look. LOL!

Lynn, that fire situation in the southwest is just so tragic. I cry when I think about it.

Happy Birthday to your DD, Darlene. I hope she has a great day! (I hope you like your Genius Platform better than I like mine. Please give me your thoughts after you try it. Maybe you will be able to convince me to like mine, because right now I hate it!)

Our 4th now has plans - funny how that happens. LOL! A family from our church invited DH, Brock and I over for their family gathering. I'm to take dessert - so I'm baking a turtle cake to take.

Old 07-03-2013, 04:21 PM   #5219
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all, whew - I am SOOO tired! We ran around all day, lol. I actually did something for the first time today - left the dentist with dd without being seen I've NEVER walked out on an appt before, lol! Eeek! Her appt was 2 pm, we were still sitting there at 3:15! I went up several times after people that came in after us were being called in and they still said sit and wait. We were new there and finally I said at 3:30, please reschedule her ... I felt we had waited long enough. She was a new patient. Not a very good way to get customers if you ask me I was really nice though, even having waited that long - hopefully they'll get their act together ... that's NOT a good way to run a practice!

The turtle - oh no, he was very very ... um ... passed on! He had clearly been attacked out at sea and had bled out and was just washing to shore. Just when he went by us, we didn't see the 'bite' - when he/she turned around, oh boy! It was truly horrible. Fire Rescue (the beach version?) - HEY, BAYWATCH! LOL! - actually came by with a cart and took it away, I heard, to be examined. That bit was MASSIVE. never seen anything like that in my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Glad to hear no cavities.

Yikes on the storm and the tree being hit by lightning. So glad that DH's car wasn't parked in his regular spot That's what happened to my big old oak tree in my front yard and finally had to take it down last Fall.

Yes, I'm sad that I won't get to see fireworks. We have a horsetrack close to us and they used to run the horses on 4th of July and we'd all go there and have fun betting on the horses and they had the best fireworks. They haven't done it though for the last few years.

Oh, so sad about the turtle. Did anyone do anything about it? Was it able to be saved? There was a man who was bitten by a shark I think in Freeport and he was only in waist deep water.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:24 PM   #5220
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi everyone and Happy 4th since I won't be able to make it here, I'm sure! We have a few kids coming over for pool party time and they need supervision! I am praying for good weather as we get lots and lots of rain!

Darlene, happy birthday to the *baby* They'll always be our babies, right? I did see the nail holder just now when I went and looked, lol - that's pretty creative! Not sure I have enough talent to pull that off! I can't wait to see yours!

4th sales! YAY!! I'm actually eyeing two sets of stamps from two different companies and hope they have a sale tomorrow, too .... otherwise, it will have to wait .... that darn budget! I am blessed at the stamps I recently won from MFP as I would not have been able to afford them otherwise and I just love, love, love them - they let me choose, and I knew instantly which set I was going to scoop up. Now to find the time to get inky!

Blessings all - stay safe and know that you are all such wonderful friends, I send you all blessings of goodness on this day of freedom and beautiful time of being American! God bless the USA!!!
Old 07-03-2013, 04:48 PM   #5221
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
So sad about that turtle Kelly!!! Be careful if there are sharks about though!

Maxine, I'll check out The Crafts Meow. I know that Bugaboo is having a sale too. Haven't really heard of much more although I'm sure they're out there.

We're not doing anything special tomorrow - which is fine. I may fix Jim a hot dog though! LOL! We don't pop fireworks around here - which is also fine since it's so dry. I think they're allowing them here this year but the past couple have been a no-go. After that fire in Arizona and losing so many firemen, you'd think that people would really pay attention to fires and fireworks now.

Lazy day here today.
I'm for sure not doing anything tomorrow with family or friends. My sis finally got around to calling me today to invite me over there for eats, but I begged off. I've got so much to do around here and I may go to the nursery in the morning and get some plants for my back flower bed. I've got a card to get finished for Simply Betty Stamps.

Speaking of hot dogs, Sonic has them right now in a pretzel bun. Sounds so good. I'm really wanting to try one. We got lunch one time at work and they had sandwiches on pretzel bread and it was really good.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-03-2013, 04:53 PM   #5222
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcardmaking View Post
Hi Stamp Addicts!!!

No real plans for the 4th here either. I am terribly allergic to sulfa drugs, and the smoke from fireworks really bothers me, gives me a killer headache. So we tend to stay put. Which is fine with me. Everything has been so topsy-turvy (personally and professionally) that I can really use a couple of days of crafting & music. Get myself re-centered if you know what I mean.

Today is DD's 30th birthday. Ummm, how did THAT happen????????? LOL, I can't possibly be that old, can I?

We'll probably have the gang over on Friday to celebrate it. Maybe it will even quit raining by then

Do any of you get the emails from here? The "Weekly Inkling"? If you do, check out this week's tutorial for a lotion/emery file holder. I think I'm gonna give it a try for DD. If you scroll to the bottom where they list tutorials from the past, you'll see one for a crimped card. I'm giving that a shot too for her bday card.

Wishing all of us here in the States a fun but SAFE holiday. Between the traffic and the fireworks, hoping that everyone has a safe one!
That's too bad that your allergic to the fireworks smoke! I do love to go watch them, but I really hate the crowds and since it's on a week night and work in the morning, I'm passing.

LOL! Wait until she turns 45!!!!! It's so unreal! I'm like you, I have no idea how that happens.

I did see that tutorial this morning. It is really cute. I'm sure your DD would love it.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-03-2013, 04:56 PM   #5223
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcardmaking View Post
Maggie:
We have been shopping for replacement windows. YIKES! It's a big investment. But would be sooooo nice!

Lynn:
No idea when I may get a Washi tape card posted, still don't own any. Although, I think that may be an easy fix. hehehehehehe

Paige:
Thanks for the sales announcements. Such a public service for us addicted ones!

Jeanette:
Have you used your Genius platform yet? I just got one last week, and look forward to trying it out this weekend.

Maxine:
Has the weather improved any for you down under? It's been pretty gross here, humid, stormy, downpours, thunderstorms, etc. Only mosquitos like this weather.

Kelly:
That is so sad about the sea turtle. And scary too.

My brain just fizzled out (nothing new about that) Waving to all of you! Off to play now...
Yes, the windows are a big investment, but they are fabulous!

I think I'm so glad to have them today. Got home from work and there's NO A/C!!!! Probably won't be able to get it fixed until Friday. At least the house is not real hot and I have the ceiling fans on, so that helps. The temps are not as hot as they were either last week, so it may be okay for tomorrow.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-03-2013, 05:00 PM   #5224
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post
Oh, it's such fun to come here and read the chatter. (It's also nice to be sitting - my day has been hectic.)

Sales... oh, no... I will not look. LOL!

Lynn, that fire situation in the southwest is just so tragic. I cry when I think about it.

Happy Birthday to your DD, Darlene. I hope she has a great day! (I hope you like your Genius Platform better than I like mine. Please give me your thoughts after you try it. Maybe you will be able to convince me to like mine, because right now I hate it!)

Our 4th now has plans - funny how that happens. LOL! A family from our church invited DH, Brock and I over for their family gathering. I'm to take dessert - so I'm baking a turtle cake to take.
I haven't heard of the Genius Platform.

Hope you have a fun time at your friends tomorrow. Turtle cake is yummy!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-03-2013, 05:06 PM   #5225
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
Hi all, whew - I am SOOO tired! We ran around all day, lol. I actually did something for the first time today - left the dentist with dd without being seen I've NEVER walked out on an appt before, lol! Eeek! Her appt was 2 pm, we were still sitting there at 3:15! I went up several times after people that came in after us were being called in and they still said sit and wait. We were new there and finally I said at 3:30, please reschedule her ... I felt we had waited long enough. She was a new patient. Not a very good way to get customers if you ask me I was really nice though, even having waited that long - hopefully they'll get their act together ... that's NOT a good way to run a practice!

The turtle - oh no, he was very very ... um ... passed on! He had clearly been attacked out at sea and had bled out and was just washing to shore. Just when he went by us, we didn't see the 'bite' - when he/she turned around, oh boy! It was truly horrible. Fire Rescue (the beach version?) - HEY, BAYWATCH! LOL! - actually came by with a cart and took it away, I heard, to be examined. That bit was MASSIVE. never seen anything like that in my life.
Kelly, that is so terrible that they made you guys sit and wait there all that time. Not good and I think that I'd be looking for another dentist. This isn't the one you go to for yourself is it? If so, that's even more rude! I did walk out on a doctor once years ago because they were making me wait so long like that with what I thought was no good reason. Learn to schedule your time better. And once about a year or so ago, I was really sick and my doctor's office said they'd work me in. Well, their idea of working me in was also to let me sit there (being sick) until they had seen everyone else. I was NOT happy. Lucky for them, I did not mention it to the doctor, since he is my boss's brother and would not have been happy about my being treated like that.

That is so sad about the turtle.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
luvcardmaking likes this post.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:41 AM   #5226
Pearl-ExPert

Hi all - no holiday here for us Had a lovely sunny and warm day here today, and another tomorrow after fog clears, and then it is showers and rain again for the next few days.......

I finally managed to get out to the studio this afternoon and got a card done ready for the class next week - just waiting to see if the postie arrives with some lace I bought on an auction site gets here in time to change up the other card or not.... either way I have the kits to get ready now.

That is tomorrow's job, as Sunday I am going to a local Repertory play "The Old People Revolt", and Monday I am off to the dentist, having lost a second chip off another tooth over the weekend past, I could not get away with putting it off any longer!! Thankfully my dentist is pretty prompt with appointment times .

Enjoy all the fireworks and bbq's y'all y'hear
Old 07-04-2013, 04:09 AM   #5227

mschoener and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:15 AM   #5228

Ladies, I'm not very happy with how it turned out... but I met the Washi Challenge and it's on my blog today.....

Cre8tive Play: It's Cheaper than Therapy: Let Freedom Ring!

Old 07-04-2013, 04:17 AM   #5229
Quacker Stamper

A/C repair man is coming at 8 so hopefully it won't be an arm and a leg to fix and I'll be back to being cool! It wasn't too bad sleeping. I had my ceiling fan going and my big fan I put on my dresser at night to keep the air moving.

Maxine, sorry about another dentist visit. What do you do to keep chipping those teeth?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
luvcardmaking likes this post.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:43 AM   #5230
Gabfest Goddess

Morning & Happy 4th!!

Maggie: here's hoping that the AC is an easy fix and doesn't cost too much!

Jeanette: I just left your blog and your flag card with the Washi Tape is GREAT!!

Maxine: sorry to hear about your chipped tooth. Sure hope that it's nothing major to repair.

Kelly: that amount of waiting is rude and disgraceful. If something happens beyond our control and we miss a doc or dentist app't we get charged for the professional's time. I've heard of others who claim to have invoiced their time back to the office that made them wait an unacceptable amount of time. It's a good way to get the scheduler's attention!

We are fortunate right now, both DH & I have the same primary care doc and their office is so prompt! We also like how they handle patients. The doc comes in and talks with you, really talks! If any exam is needed it is conducted after the discussion. Very nice to be treated as an equal in that practice.

What is that strange light outside? Could it be? ----- Yes!! It's the SUN. It's been so long since we've seen it that I almost forgot what it was like! Hmmmmm, maybe I'll go outside and get some flowers repotted before it gets too hot.

Catch you all later!

Old 07-04-2013, 04:48 AM   #5231

Maggie, I'm glad the repairman is coming... hopefully it will be an easy and inexpensive repair!

Darlene, thank you... but I think you are being much too kind about my card. Have fun with the dirt and sunshine! Our sun is shining, too!

Old 07-04-2013, 04:51 AM   #5232
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post
Maggie, I'm glad the repairman is coming... hopefully it will be an easy and inexpensive repair!

Darlene, thank you... but I think you are being much too kind about my card. Have fun with the dirt and sunshine! Our sun is shining, too!

Ummmmm...Nope!

Old 07-04-2013, 06:54 AM   #5233
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy 4th girls! In between dishes, I made it here - lol! Off again in a few but wishing you a bestest day!!

Thank you Maggie and Darlene - its' nice to know I wasn't being naughty and thinking that I was bad for it, lol! I thought it was really ridiculous. It's not our dentist, it's where the kids go to the pediatric dentist but on Wed. afternoons only, another dentist comes in (the ped dentist leaves) and sees "adults". I was really bummed, her schedule is limited with classes. LIke when she missed the beach because she had school
My dh has NEVER made a patient wait for more than 15 minutes. ANything past that is just unacceptable and very bad practice manners, not to mention unhealthy for the patient. But so it goes, I suppose!

Maggie, that's a long wait with no a/c in your heat!! I hope you found the fastest guy, maybe someone can get in there sooner. Sympathy hugs!!

Okay, gotta dash .......... enjoy the day, ladies!

Old 07-04-2013, 06:58 AM   #5234
Pearl-ExPert

Maxine, too funny!!! Love the y'all y'hear!!!! LOL! I saw y'all ALL the time but never say y'hear! BUT, I do know several Texans that do! Glad you got a break in some of that weather!

Kelly, that's terrible about having to wait like that. I would have been pretty nice too but Jim would have caused a terrific scene I'm sure! LOL!

Maggie, glad you're getting the AC fixed! Why do things like that always seem to happen on holidays and weekends!!!!!!

Jeanette, loved your washi card!!! VERY creative!

Darlene, glad you found the sun again!!

I just purchased some Intense Watercolor pencils! They came yesterday so I plan on trying to figure out how to color with them today!
Old 07-04-2013, 07:13 AM   #5235
Quacker Stamper

Yep! A/C is fixed. It was a bad thermostat. I never liked the one I had anyway. It had a little lever on the side and I never felt like it was giving me a true temp. This one is digital and already has the house cooled down. He checked out the A/C unit too and it's working fine so just have to remember to call them back in the Fall for the Fall checkup on the heater.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-04-2013, 07:24 AM   #5236

YAY! So glad it's fixed, Maggie!

Thank you, Lynn!

Old 07-04-2013, 07:52 AM   #5237
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Yep! A/C is fixed. It was a bad thermostat. I never liked the one I had anyway. It had a little lever on the side and I never felt like it was giving me a true temp. This one is digital and already has the house cooled down. He checked out the A/C unit too and it's working fine so just have to remember to call them back in the Fall for the Fall checkup on the heater.
Woohoo!! Just saw that on FB - Thank you, Jesus! I'm sure you are in such relief!

Back to packing up the picnic basket! LOL!
Old 07-04-2013, 05:35 PM   #5238
Pearl-ExPert

Glad you got AC again Maggie!

Hope everyone had a good 4th - or just a good day!
Old 07-04-2013, 05:53 PM   #5239
Pearl-ExPert

DH and I were going to have a fire in our fire pit tonight, but the wind picked up. Oh, well. We did have a beautiful sunny day today.
did anyone take advantage of 75% off at Sizzix.com or 4 cent shipping at Joann's.com? I have two orders in waiting and trying to decide if I should push the button or not! Someone please talk me out of placing them!

Old 07-04-2013, 06:11 PM   #5240
Pearl-ExPert

Oh Paige - buy them as "early self Christmas Presents" Sorry, couldn't help that!