Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2013, 05:45 AM   #5161
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Rushing through the threads as our thunder draws closer. Gonna have to shut down my computer soon.

Thinking of Buster and hoping he's already healing nicely.

Hugs for all!!!
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
Come Chat with Me in the Chit Chat Forum
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:07 AM   #5162
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
Hey girls! About to crawl into bed - what a day!

Buster is all bandaged, coned up - poor babe. We went to a friend's vet and they were very thorough, that's for sure - got meds, took most of the nail out, cleaned the wound and he's hoping to heal. I can't believe the same thing happened to Rambo a week or so ago! They even having matching bandages, lol. They give girl doggies pink, boy doggies blue

It's pouring here - we got home in time to order pizza and call it a night.

Dd18 has class again tomorrow and the truck checked out okay - he couldnt' find a thing wrong with it or why it stalled and chalked it up to maybe something in the gas, dirt in the gas line, something like that? She leaves at 6:45 am so dh will follow her on his way to work to see if it's all okay.

I got my Riley card up and running and used .... washi tape! Hee hee! It's good practice! I actually have a few ideas on cards I've saved in my files to 'try' but hope I get some time to get these done in the next day or so!

off to bed for me!! x0x0
So glad to hear that Buster is okay and on the mend.

Isn't that maddening about cars/trucks. You notice something wrong but when you take it in, there's nothing! I hope that she makes it to class today with no problems.

Gotta get around to visit blogs soon. It's just been so crazy at my house. I sure hope that things settle down in July. By then I should have my house back in some semblance of order.

We have heavy trash pick up tomorrow and I'm hoping to clean in my garage a little bit after dinner out with my single GF's tonight.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 06-26-2013, 06:55 AM   #5163
Die Cut Diva

Kelly, so glad you found a vet for Buster! And he got a cone too??? Sounds like his was a little more serious than Rambo's! They just wrapped Rambo's leg and said to leave it on a couple of hours and then he should be ok. He did chew it off after a couple of hours so we didn't have to worry about taking it off. LOL! He still wasn't active for another day - and then he was fine. Ever so often I'll catch him licking it though. I read somewhere the other day that some times breeders have that dew claw removed since they're prone to catch it on things and tear it.

Also love the way you used the washi - cute card!!!

I finally heard back from my winnings at Loves Rubber Stamps. I won $20.00 to spend there and also get to pick two EZ Shape templates at Wimsy Stamps! I don't even know what an EZ Shape template IS! Has anyone ever gotten these before?????
Old 06-26-2013, 08:09 AM   #5164
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Hi girls! Mopped myself into a corner! But at least I have the iPad!

Yay Lynn on your win!! That's great! I think the die templates work like a regular die but better in that you can emboss and stencil with them , too ...something like that. Happy shopping!

Buster had such a rough night! He was so uncomfortable. He has the cone to keep him from chewing the cast off as they had to cut/cauterize the claw. It looked so bad! He has 3 meds to take ... Antibiotics (just in case), antiinflamatory / pain relief and then an anti itch spray for when the casted bandage comes off. When dh got him last night, buster started to complain by holding up,his paw and whining like "look what they did to me!!!" it was sooo funny, I wish we could have recorded it!

Yikes, J, stay safe and craft instead!!
Old 06-26-2013, 05:33 PM   #5165
Die Cut Diva

Poor little Buster! I hope he's starting to feel somewhat better now Kelly. Keep us updated!

Oh, I found out about the EZ Shape things - basically they send you an e-mail and it's like a digi image except they have different shapes you can make into cards or whatever. They also had a couple of flowers - small rolled flower and poinsettia (those are the ones I got). We'll have to see what I can do with them now - if anything!!! I still haven't decided what to use the $20.00 on at the shop though. Too many cute stamps to choose from.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:46 PM   #5166
Stazon Splitcoast

wooop, here's to shopping, Lynn!

Here's my daughter's poor Buster He's so miserable with that thingie on his leg, I can't wait for it to come off.

We had a fun night! This is the 3rd week of camp, it ends Friday - my son has had a blast! Tonight was their show - Mulan. He had a tiny role as one of Shun-Yuh's soldiers, ROFL! I think he was a Hun My dd16 also went but was a camp counselor and LOVED her job - she got 150 volunteer hours.

This ol gal is heading to bed! My days of staying up til 1 am are few and far between, ROFL!!

Lynn, tell Rambo he has a partner in crime, ROFL!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rilstrz 030.jpg (43.9 KB, 9 views)
Old 06-26-2013, 07:22 PM   #5167
Die Cut Diva

Oh My GOODNESS!!!!! Kelly, Buster is the cutest thing EVER (except for Rambo of course LOL)!!!!! He's precious. Poor little thing! How in the world are y'all coping with that cone on him! Rambo would be fit to be tied - as am sure Buster is too! When can he get his bandage off and get out of the cone???? Sending him loving thoughts and belly rubs!
Old 06-27-2013, 06:27 AM   #5168
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts!

Kelly, Buster is so adorable. I can see why he has to have a cone. He'd have that bandage off in 2 shakes! Glad the kids have been having a fun time at camp. I've heard from other kids that have been camp counselors and they all usually love the job.

Lynn, have fun shopping. Have you decided yet what you want. I bought a template that I think is similar to what Whimsey has. I haven't used it yet because I haven't made the right kind of card. It has gears and such on it, so it's kind of for a Steampunk image.

Talk about shopping! Simply Betty's DD Rio was selling a bunch of her stamps yesterday. I think her momma makes her buy the stamps from her and doesn't just give them to her to use. Anyway, they were such a deal. I spent sooooooooo much money on stamps and can't wait until I get them. Ugh! I've got to stop buying stamps. I have so many and so many digital ones.

I found out while checking out Feline Playful that I won the Ooo-La-La Blog Award on My Sheri Crafts and e-mailed her, but haven't heard anything back about it. Not sure what that means except maybe some button to put on my blog.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-27-2013, 06:46 AM   #5169
Die Cut Diva

Maggie, big congrats on that win!!!! Whether you win a prize or a button for your blog wouldn't matter to me - I think it's great and it's always a plus in my life when I know that someone else loves my card! So.......big congrats!!! YEA!

I'm probably glad I didn't know about that lady selling stamps! LOL! I'm not sure I know what to do with all the ones I have now - but always seem to want more! LOL!
I still haven't decided what to spend that $20 on but I have until the end of August to use it, so am still looking.

Hope everyone is having a good day. We were up to 99 yesterday and suppose to be that way again today and tomorrow. Saturday and Sunday are suppose to be 101 plus!!!! I get out in the yard and do what I need to do in the mornings early and then come back in and hibernate. HOT weather!!!

Oh, Jeanette, I PINNED one of your crock pot recipes (Pork Chops in the Crock Pot) and made it yesterday. It was pretty good! We had it over wild rice but since it already had rice in the recipe didn't need any. Good! I'm looking for things I can fix in the crock right now since it heats up the kitchen so bad to cook in this crazy weather. It's hard finding something for just two people though. The recipe yesterday called for 6 pork chops! Yikes!!!! That would be at least 3 meals, if not more, for Jim and I.
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:49 AM   #5170
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, girls! I'm cracking up at the banners at the top of the page for dies, LOL!!
Woohoo to Maggie, too! You are so blessed to have the new toys to stamp and play!

Buster, sadly, is having a fit about the cone and driving us nuts. But the second I take it off to give him a break, he goes right after the wrapping. He's chewed it off twice! We are on our 3rd bandaging and I'm not liking the way the foot looks at all. He keeps holding it up and limping, so he may need another visit as it should not be doing that, according to my research. Hopefully today will be a better day and with all the meds, kick in soon for healing faster.

I just finished a swap that's coming up and due ... wish I had time to redo it, I'm so disappointed with how it turned out. It looked good in my head! LOL!! Does that ever happen with you guys? I have something in my head, all planned out, gather the materials, stamp, color, cut and then blah! I look at it assembled and think "what WAS I thinking?" LOL!!

Today is dd's late college day (2 classes, 2.5 hours each and an hour apart between them!) so I told her to have lunch on campus and we'll see her late this afternoon. and dd14 is sitting around watching tv - it's Summer!

*Hugs!*
Old 06-27-2013, 01:41 PM   #5171
Die Cut Diva

Kelly, be sure and let us know how Buster is doing!!!! Hope it looks better today. He really is one of the cutest little dogs I've ever seen. Love the way one ear was standing up and the other flopped over!!! Precious!

Sounds like the kids are enjoying summer!

We just not hit 100 (5:00 p.m.). TOO HOT!

Lynn
Old 06-27-2013, 02:48 PM   #5172
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hi

Waving Hello!

Happy to say- I was started on an antibiotic and took pain meds, tooth is still sensitive, but on the mend, so hoping no root canal.....

OMG- seems like forever since I stopped in! We have weather in the 80's today, but humid- it is thundering- on one side of the house, there are blue skies and white clouds, on the other, dark clouds....too weird!

Jeanette- welcome home! Hope you had a fantastic time!

Darlene- sounds like you are busy! How is your father?

Lynn and Maggie- congrats on your wins! I have to go check out what EZ shapes are..... Have fun shopping! It is always a thrill to win anything! I recently won 6 rubber stamps from Saturated Canary- Inked up the first one today- I have to really practice coloring with those.......

Kel- Oh boy- that is much easier- I can never remember if your name is spelled -ey or just -y......
We got AAA when Katie had a car for school- used it alot! If a car does not work, you do not want your daughter stuck somewhere- at the mercy of who knows.....
Oh your poor poochie- he is adorable- oh we have never had to use a cone on Peanut....hope that continues : )

I have been creating for the Aug TJ newsletter today- I have some assigned cards, then I get to pick techniques from the remainder- it is a great newsletter, so I may just create more than I have to, cause I am having a blast!
Tomorrow, Ray is going golfing- so, I invited some friends over on Saturday to stamp. Just a small group- I have so many projects I want to try....Pan Pastels and using the Gelli plate on the top of the list....!

Ok- Now we are getting Severe Thunderstorm warnings on the TV..... Guess we may not be grilling tonight after all...

Shelly
Old 06-28-2013, 07:04 AM   #5173
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, friends!!

Shelley, my heart goes out to you! I just can't deal with dental stuff - I have such memories of so many horrible dental trip, I just shudder! Heal up, girl - crossing my fingers you can get away with no further work, too!
LOL on the name - I'm Kelly, Kelley, Kellie, Kelli - so many people ask me when I tell them (ie appts) Y? I? IE? I guess I never knew how many ways there were to spell it! Sadly, I'm a victim of severe Identify theft from a stolen purse and the lawyer suggested I go with a Khaleighe - can you imagine!!!!! Spell that three times fast

Buster seems okay today -- thanks for the good thoughts! I coulnt' take that cone anymore, he was positively miserable (as I would be!) and the SECOND I gave him breaks, he'd go after his foot. I rewrapped it a good 10 times! Last night, he chewed it off and I left it off. NOT liking the way his claw looks - it's down to the quick and just horrid! That has to hurt. He'll have to heal and keep up his meds

Maggie, great news about Casper - yay! You are such a good, dedicated mommy!

Shel I'll have to stop on over at the TJ and see what somethings new I can learn!

And I still have to get my washi card done! Did you all know they are selling it EVERYWHERE now! I went to Staples with my dd and Officemax, both places had it there - cute, cute! I wanted to get one of them but didn't bring my purse (she drove, hee hee) ... I was taking pictures and the sales lady asked if I needed help, turns out she is a scrapbooker, too - LOL!

We have fishing and the beach lined up for this weekend - praying it doesn't rain! And nope, we won't be fishing at the beach - two different days and places, hee hee!

Hugs!!!
Old 06-28-2013, 07:44 AM   #5174

Rushing through.... our internet was down for most of 2 days, due to storms. Now I'm so far behind, I'll never catch up. LOL!

Lynn, I love my crockpot(s)!

Kelly, Buster is sooooooooooo adorable, even with the cone.

Okay....... dashing..........

Old 06-28-2013, 07:50 AM   #5175
Die Cut Diva

Quick check in! I'm in the process of cleaning house! UCK!!!!!! Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Kel (much easier to type), so glad Buster is doing a little better anyway.

Lynn
Old 06-28-2013, 07:07 PM   #5176
Die Cut Diva

Everyone sure has been quiet around here today!!!!!

What are y'all doing with this bloglovin deal???? I read (see) all my blogs that I follow through the reader on my dashboard. Should we all be doing the bloglovin deal? Does it mean if we don't do it then others can't see our blogs?
Old 06-29-2013, 01:34 AM   #5177
Pearl-ExPert

Hi girls - I am away from home at DD's, as DGS is being dedicated tomorrow, so not a lot of time on line.... doesn't help that SIL and DH are both unwell - thankfully we travel with DH's meds, so he gets onto them quickly.

I signed up to BlogLovin some time ago, but am still using the Dashboard - it seems to unclear if the dashboard is going as well as Reader, so I decided to hedge my bets on that one and have and alternative up and running anyway.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:32 AM   #5178

I have a super busy day today - taking Brock to his last baseball game of the year this morning. He's enjoyed "playing". This afternoon I'm going to a SU Open House. I have to make a card that needs to be on my blog tomorrow, plus do some commenting for the DT's I'm on. And I still need to finish the notes to teach tomorrow's Bible study. Yikes! I sure wish there were more hours in a day!

Old 06-29-2013, 08:17 AM   #5179
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts - well, it was for awhile.

The cleaning people came and went. They didn't do all that great of a job. I think I'd rather do it myself. Then top that all off, Casper has gone missing. I've looked all over the house for him, in every closet, cabinet, under every bed, dresser, desk, table, even places where there's no way he would be and I can't find him anywhere. I called the cleaning place and they talked to the people who were here. I think that they let him out somehow. He never goes out and never goes by the door, so not sure how that happened. They said he was sitting in the living room when they left, but I was in the living room and I didn't see him anywhere. They were in and out the front door a couple times, so no telling when he slipped out. I'm so upset and scared for him. He's been declawed and he's not used to being outside anymore. It's all I can do to keep from falling apart.

And I have to go to the grocery store. The kids are coming over tomorrow for dinner. We're supposed to be celebrating my DD's birthday and my SIL's birthday. Not feeling much like celebrating.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-29-2013, 09:19 AM   #5180
Die Cut Diva

Oh my goodness!!! Maggie, this is horrible!!! I'm hoping and praying you find Casper!!!!!!
Old 06-29-2013, 10:54 AM   #5181
Quacker Stamper

Yippee! No flyers needed. Casper is back with us. He was never gone out of the house, but he had found a really good place to hide. I had looked everywhere including behind my computer desk and he was NOT there. But after going to the grocery store, I was sitting here waiting for my lunch to get nooked and I thought I heard his funny little meow, but still couldn't find him and called his name. All of a sudden he came from behind the computer desk and through the little shelf unit where I have my printer and printer paper and stuff! Then I remembered that on one side of the back of the desk, it is open to the shelves. It's where you would put a CPU if you had a desktop computer, so it's open back there so you could hook wires up to the back of the CPU. I don't use it for that. I have some books and things and my ink cartridges in there and never even thought to look in there. So relieved!!!!!!!!!

He is still very freaked out about having those people in the house though. He's sneaking around very alert and wary and won't even come to me. Just now, he jumped through that printer shelf and went back into that hole where he was hiding. Needless to say, guess we're not having cleaning people (especially this group) come back again. He's never been like this with any visitors I've had at the house.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-29-2013, 11:00 AM   #5182
Die Cut Diva

WooHoo!! Thank goodness he's ok! Ditch the cleaning service. So glad you found him Maggie!
Old 06-29-2013, 11:24 AM   #5183
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
WooHoo!! Thank goodness he's ok! Ditch the cleaning service. So glad you found him Maggie!
He is still in there and won't come out. I wonder if they did something more to scare him besides just coming in with all their cleaning stuff.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-29-2013, 03:02 PM   #5184
Die Cut Diva

Surely he'll come out soon Maggie! As long as you know where he is and he's safe and sound - that's what matters. I really hope they didn't try to kick him or something stupid like that!!!! Just hope he doesn't get spooked again tomorrow when all the family is there.

We hit 109 here today!!!!!!!!!!!!! Talk about HOT! I've pretty much stayed in the house since about 11:00 this morning......but haven't been crafting at all! Reading a book and trying to stay cool!

Hope everyone is having a good Saturday!
Old 06-29-2013, 03:07 PM   #5185
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Surely he'll come out soon Maggie! As long as you know where he is and he's safe and sound - that's what matters. I really hope they didn't try to kick him or something stupid like that!!!! Just hope he doesn't get spooked again tomorroiw when all the family is there.

We hit 109 here today!!!!!!!! Talk about HOT! I've pretty much stayed in the house since about 11:00 this morning......but haven't been crafting at all! Reading a book and trying to stay cool!

Hope everyone is having a good Saturday!
I just checked. He's under my bed. He has to be out of there by tonight because Paisley sleeps in there with me. Athough if he doesn't come out then I'll make her sleep out here and close the door so she can't get in there. I don't want the 2 of them in the same area at night.

I don't know what they did to freak him out like this. He's never had a problem with anyone else that has ever come over here since I've had him and even plays with the kids which is amazing.

That's unreal! I have to go out and water later and I dread it because I know it's so hot out there. I did work in my stamp room some today trying to get it back in shape. It's a mess right now. I figure it all came out of there, so it should go back in. Right.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-30-2013, 04:43 AM   #5186
Die Cut Diva

Quick good morning here as I'm trying to get some things outside before it gets too hot.

Hope Casper is ok this morning Maggie!
Old 06-30-2013, 05:16 AM   #5187
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Maggie, how my heart startled!! I said a prayer for you as soon as I read that (It came over my phone, as I was out yesterday) and just asked God to watch over wee Casper.

And now today I see he was home all along - PTL!! That's awesome news, God is good! Maybe next time the cleaning company needs a firm talkin' to that the doors must be closed!

Lynn, that is HOT HOT HOT!! Miami is hot but not that hot! We get those temps when the rains/humidity drive it up but that's just plain HOT! Stay cool!

We got rained out of the beach yesterday! As soon as we got there, it was overcast and grey-ish -- not less than 20 minutes later we felt some drops and rain for the car to get torrential rains!! That's South Florida in the summer! Literally no warning and boom, the skies open up! So we had an indoor beach blanket party at home, ordered pizza and whatnot

Off to services ......... bbl!
Old 06-30-2013, 04:16 PM   #5188
Stazon Splitcoast

Dropping in to say hello : ) I have been having a very creative weekend- which is so nice-finally do not feel so behind- well, I still have not done my card that needs to be posted for tomorrow night, but that is all I 'have to do'.... I am a card captain at Michael Strong, Yahoo Group this week, which means I need to post a card a day...for this week- I have one done for tomorrow- CAS for me- love those cards! Only 4 more to make for the week.....

Lynn- Congrats on your win at AI- WOW- that was a great win- $50.00 is ALOT! Loved that buzzard card- so did Ray : ) You'll have to tell us what you get with your big winning!

Kelly- so sad it rained on your beach day- and did you get to go fishing? I sure hope your pooch's paw heals quickly!

Maggie- whew- glad the kitty showed up! My dog does not like the sound of the vacuum- scares him like crazy!

I cannot imagine 109 degrees- I guess it is reverse of the winter when we get below zero......Stay cool! I bet you find no turn on the oven meals, don't ya?

Maxine- have a great visit with DD! Is dedication the same as a Christening???

Off to go blog hopping!

I am not sure I understand what is going to happen with Google reader- so I put all of the blogs I always have to visit in my sidebar......

Shelly
Old 06-30-2013, 05:18 PM   #5189
Die Cut Diva

Sorry you got rained out at the beach Kelly - but the indoor beach blanket party sounds like fun too!

Yep, it got a little bit toasty around here yesterday! No, I DID NOT cook - we had a sandwich last night! LOL! It was hard to even breathe outside. Today we woke up though and it was a little cooler. A shower came through this morning but didn't even wet the grass - and by this afternoon we were back in the high 90's with 87 % humidity!!

Shelly, glad you had a creative weekend!!! If I was having to post a card every day of the week, CAS would be all I'd even attempt! I follow this one lady's blog and she posts a minimum of like 3 cards every day almost!!!!!!!! I'd never get anything else done if I tried that!

Thanks for the congrats about the win at AI. It was was a fantastic win - I think! The blog said it was for a $50.00 front and back prize package...........that's all I know. I e-mailed the gal on Thursday saying I'd won and asked what info she needed from me, etc..and still haven't heard back from her. Since I have ZERO patience on stuff like this, I'll e-mail her again tomorrow I guess.

Off to clean up the kitchen and then maybe work a little in the craft room.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:59 PM   #5190
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Oh Maggie, how my heart startled!! I said a prayer for you as soon as I read that (It came over my phone, as I was out yesterday) and just asked God to watch over wee Casper.

And now today I see he was home all along - PTL!! That's awesome news, God is good! Maybe next time the cleaning company needs a firm talkin' to that the doors must be closed!

Lynn, that is HOT HOT HOT!! Miami is hot but not that hot! We get those temps when the rains/humidity drive it up but that's just plain HOT! Stay cool!

We got rained out of the beach yesterday! As soon as we got there, it was overcast and grey-ish -- not less than 20 minutes later we felt some drops and rain for the car to get torrential rains!! That's South Florida in the summer! Literally no warning and boom, the skies open up! So we had an indoor beach blanket party at home, ordered pizza and whatnot

Off to services ......... bbl!
Thank you Kelly for your prayers and sweet thoughts. Well, there will be no next time for this cleaning service and that is not entirely because Casper didn't like them, but for the money, I don't think they did such a great job.

Too bad about not getting to stay at the beach yesterday, but sounds like you made the best of it.

Enjoyed having the kids come over tonight for dinner. It turned out very yummy and DD took all the leftovers home with her. I wouldn't get to eat them until Wednesday anyway, so better that they have them.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-30-2013, 06:05 PM   #5191
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Sorry you got rained out at the beach Kelly - but the indoor beach blanket party sounds like fun too!

Yep, it got a little bit toasty around here yesterday! No, I DID NOT cook - we had a sandwich last night! LOL! It was hard to even breathe outside. Today we woke up though and it was a little cooler. A shower came through this morning but didn't even wet the grass - and by this afternoon we were back in the high 90's with 87 % humidity!!

Shelly, glad you had a creative weekend!!! If I was having to post a card every day of the week, CAS would be all I'd even attempt! I follow this one lady's blog and she posts a minimum of like 3 cards every day almost!!!!!!!! I'd never get anything else done if I tried that!

Thanks for the congrats about the win at AI. It was was a fantastic win - I think! The blog said it was for a $50.00 front and back prize package...........that's all I know. I e-mailed the gal on Thursday saying I'd won and asked what info she needed from me, etc..and still haven't heard back from her. Since I have ZERO patience on stuff like this, I'll e-mail her again tomorrow I guess.

Off to clean up the kitchen and then maybe work a little in the craft room.
Lucky you that you got rain yesterday even if it was just a little. We've got nothing. It's supposed to rain the end of this week and I sure hope it does. It was sooooooooooooooo HOT when I went out last night to water the flower beds. The grass is already starting to look like drought. I probably should put the sprinklers on it this week sometime.

I was going to mention that about your cards also Shelly! I can't imagine having to make a card for every day. I'm lucky if I can get my PSC card done once a week. So nice that this month of July we are on vacation so no cards for that this month. I need to try to get a few other ones done though.

I also have not heard from the lady about my blog award that I won. I e-mailed her again today. I really think that they should respond within at least 3 days.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-30-2013, 07:21 PM   #5192
Stazon Splitcoast

Late evening check in ... Waiting for dd's boyfriend to be picked up so I can get a couple things done then go to bed! He's a sweetie pie and we just love having him over, and he is here every day, he's like having a 5th child (in a good way!). What's one more if you have four, right? LOl!!!

Wow, Shell!! A card a day! You are my hero! I'm lucky to get one a week done, lol! This year, I told myself no more DTs, no matter how badly I wanted to try out ... No more stressing and I'm relaxing! I was on 4 DTs at the same time at one point and it was pure madness for me ... It was more like a factory and assmebly line and the joy just went right out the window! Not to,mention the hours I spent crafting and blogging while the kids sat and waited for me and I'm so much happier!! I like crafting for me

Okay, about the blog win stuff .... I've been lucky and unlucky I've won a few challenges and was blessed to receive the win very quickly ... Recently, ive w on Marks Finest Papers, I'm still itching to ink up that set, and Our Daily Bread GC which let me buy a beautiful scripture collection. But I've had a few times where I had to email, wait patiently, email again, and then again, and still nothing. Eventually, I,let it go and stopped pursuing it. I even read on the forum that a few companies, incl ones that I hadn't heard from, did this all the time and never honored the win. Personally, I wasn't bothered so much by that but thought how odd in this time and date where people are being realllllly careful with spending and picking and choosing, not to mention stamp stores closing left and right, how could they be so bold! As my granny used to say, to each his own!

Maggie, hopefully Casper is all snuggly today and happier! Buddy, our Jack Russell, is terrified of all loud noises like the thunder. The vacuum he goes after and tries to tackle it, lol. We have mostly tile as Florida homes get too hot and humid for carpet and we only have carpet in the bedrooms, so I barely run it :/. But I'm REALLY worried about 4th of July!! He is going to go nuts with the booms and pops! The vet actually suggested we give him a mild sedative .... I said a what?? I don't know about that.

Okay girls, off to get a blog post ready!

Hugs!!!
Old 06-30-2013, 07:34 PM   #5193
Stazon Splitcoast

Back again- Oh Kel- Peanut is petrified of fireworks! I am sure they will start soon- so far we have not heard too many!

I have just finished up a TJ assignment- 8 cards for that this week- but....I LOVE trying new things and had a blast! Not all CAS but not layers and layers either. The next newsletter is awesome : )

I keep forgetting to say Thanks for the idea to not allow anonymous comments- NO SPAM at ALL on my BLOG now!

Goodnight : )

Shelly
Old 07-01-2013, 01:11 AM   #5194
Pearl-ExPert

Good evening girls - or is it morning for you? We are home again, but I have not been on line since Saturday night as I was both very busy helping, and DD's internet died too........

DH is well on the mend now, thankfully, as is SIL! Men - they choose the most inconvenient times to be sick!!

Shelly a dedication is similar to a Christening - it is the parent s dedicating their child to the Lord, and promising to bring them up and teach them of Him. The child later makes their own profession of faith later in life - generally as a teen or adult.

As I have been unable to follow blogs while away, I will just start again from today and not try to catch - up on every entry.

I have survived the Google changes and still have my dashboard functioning as usual - hope all those who have had Reader are o.k.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:23 AM   #5195

It's been so good to read your chatter... you're such a joy in my life!

Old 07-01-2013, 07:11 AM   #5196
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning, Stamp Addicts!

Happy First day of July! I posted my washi challenge card that's due today! I can't say I like it much, lol! Or actually, the way it photograhed! It really does look better IRL. Fun challenge - reminds me how much I ADORE my designer papers! LOL!!! I wasn't sure what the rest of the specs were, like if we could use other embellies or not ... so I just kept it CAS.

Off to the beach!!!!! I see SUNSHINE outside!! We're going to the hiking trails and the bay - hopefully I can take some really pretty pictures!

Buster will keep Buddy company here at home ... no doggies allowed on the beaches here. How about where ya'll are?

KEEP COOL, Lynn and Maggie ......... and anyone else in those HOT TEMP states!!

x0x0
Old 07-01-2013, 07:45 AM   #5197
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Good Morning, Stamp Addicts!

Happy First day of July! I posted my washi challenge card that's due today! I can't say I like it much, lol! Or actually, the way it photograhed! It really does look better IRL. Fun challenge - reminds me how much I ADORE my designer papers! LOL!!! I wasn't sure what the rest of the specs were, like if we could use other embellies or not ... so I just kept it CAS.

Off to the beach!!!!! I see SUNSHINE outside!! We're going to the hiking trails and the bay - hopefully I can take some really pretty pictures!

Buster will keep Buddy company here at home ... no doggies allowed on the beaches here. How about where ya'll are?

KEEP COOL, Lynn and Maggie ......... and anyone else in those HOT TEMP states!!

x0x0
Your Washi tape card is fabulous Kelly! Left comment on your blog.

Enjoy the beach day. It's actually cooled off here in HTown. It will only be in the med to high 90's for this week and we're supposed to get some serious rain this coming weekend! I can't wait!

I think you're allowed to have dogs on the beaches here. Not sure though. I haven't been to our Galveston beach in many, many years. I burn so easily.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-01-2013, 07:47 AM   #5198
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
Good evening girls - or is it morning for you? We are home again, but I have not been on line since Saturday night as I was both very busy helping, and DD's internet died too........

DH is well on the mend now, thankfully, as is SIL! Men - they choose the most inconvenient times to be sick!!

Shelly a dedication is similar to a Christening - it is the parent s dedicating their child to the Lord, and promising to bring them up and teach them of Him. The child later makes their own profession of faith later in life - generally as a teen or adult.

As I have been unable to follow blogs while away, I will just start again from today and not try to catch - up on every entry.

I have survived the Google changes and still have my dashboard functioning as usual - hope all those who have had Reader are o.k.
It's always nice to be home after a nice visit. Glad to hear that the men are well now too.

I have not noticed anything different on my blog. I'm getting my notices on Bloglovin so i guess everything is good.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-01-2013, 07:48 AM   #5199
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
Back again- Oh Kel- Peanut is petrified of fireworks! I am sure they will start soon- so far we have not heard too many!

I have just finished up a TJ assignment- 8 cards for that this week- but....I LOVE trying new things and had a blast! Not all CAS but not layers and layers either. The next newsletter is awesome : )

I keep forgetting to say Thanks for the idea to not allow anonymous comments- NO SPAM at ALL on my BLOG now!

Goodnight : )

Shelly
wow! Shelly, you are one card making crazy woman! 8 cards for this week! Can't wait to see what's in the TJN this time.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-01-2013, 02:58 PM   #5200
Die Cut Diva

Finally popping in here. I started off this morning painting some lawn furniture. Of course got half way done and realized I needed to run to town for more supplies.........So three hours later we got back and started back in on the furniture! Will finish it up in the morning. It's just a pain - plus I didn't do it last year so have to spend twice the amount of time on it this year.

Maxine, so glad all the guys are on the mend now! That sure makes life a little easier I know. I guess I survived the changes in Google too.....who knows. I've always just used my dashboard reader thing since each blog appears with a picture and the beginning of the post. This is is easy to me. Oh well......

Kelly, I sure wish I was there to go to the beach with y'all. I lived in Pensacola for a while (many moons ago when my first husband was in the Navy) and still remember how clean and pretty the beach was. I think we went about 3 times (at least) a week. I think the reason they're so clean is since they didn't allow vehicles/animals/etc. on them. The beach in Corpus is just not pretty at all - but still like to go!

Kelly, your card with the washi is great!!!!!!! Love the combination of tape you used!

Shelly, you really are a card making woman!!!! Eight cards in one week would probably do me in completely!

Maggie, we were are having a little better weather around here too. After Saturday tremendous temps, anything feels better! Think it only got up to 93 here today and there are showers in the area again. Maybe we'll get one this time.

Well, I e-mailed the gal at Art Impressions again about me winning!!! Hopefully she'll respond this time. I'm like you Maggie, I think they ought to respond within a short period of time. I've also got a pet peeve about the challenges that don't announce the winner in like FOREVER! They're a weekly challenge - but then it may be three weeks later when they announce who won.

Waving hello to everyone else! Has anyone heard anything from Paige lately?

Oh, y'all should be VERY PROUD of me!!!!!!!!!!!!! I put up a card on SCS!!!!! The last time I added one to my gallery was July 12, 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIKES!!! I've been more than lazy and that's all fixing to change now! I think the problem is that I have to go back over each time and resize it - but hey, it doesn't take that long - so no more excuses!

Gotta go grub up something to eat around here. Will check in later!