Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2013, 04:45 AM   #5121
Gallery Gazer

Morning Addicts!

Waving a cheery hello to all of you. Maxine: good luck with your wintery weather. It's a good season to work on that enormous cross stitch picture!

Kelly: that is a really precious beach scene from your SIL. Very special.

Can I just say that I hate dental problems?? I am such a whimp when it comes to the dentist.

Off to get my craft on. Long overdue. Have a great Saturday!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-22-2013, 02:47 PM   #5122
Pearl-ExPert

Happy Weekend everyone!!!

I'm being a total bum today - big time! (And loving every minute of it!) I did get the bed made though so I figure I'm already ahead of the game! LOL! Actually, I've run to town which took longer than I expected and then came back home and made a very quick card. I think that's why I like the CAS style - quick! Now I need to come up with one a little more involved - um.....maybe tomorrow! I've got so many birthdays I have to do cards for next month and really need to get started on that one.

Hope everyone is having a great day
mschoener likes this post.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:51 PM   #5123
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
Just took a quick picture of the one my SIL sent me - all the way from Germany! my brother is currently stationed there and his wife LOVES Cross-stitch

Lynn, my apologies! I typed my question on your blog before I saw the answer - re: your bike card! DUh! My brain was going slower than my hands were
That is so pretty and so YOU!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 06-22-2013, 05:13 PM   #5124
Pearl-ExPert

Maggie, are you having fun? You ARE still in California - right!
Lynn
Old 06-22-2013, 05:43 PM   #5125
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Maggie, are you having fun? You ARE still in California - right!
Lynn
No, Lynn. I'm at home. Our flight got in about 2:15 this afternoon. It was a quick trip and my DD here had to be home because she and my DGD are going out of town again tomorrow. My SIL and DGS are going to Scout camp also this coming week, so she had lots to do before she leaves tomorrow.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 06-22-2013, 06:01 PM   #5126
Pearl-ExPert

Oh! When you said you'd be back Saturday, I thought you meant next Saturday! I'm sorry you didn't get to stay longer but know you enjoyed seeing everyone anyway.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:03 PM   #5127
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
Dropping in to say hello and to catch up! Stephi just left to go back to Michigan- Ray went with her- as it is a little confusing to drive around the lake to get to Michigan- then he will take the mega bus back- so I will go to Chicago tonight to pick him up. I will miss her : (

Maggie and Lynn- I had a vet appt yesterday, but went in to work extra, and hubby cancelled it. He is working on the dogs ears with a rinse and an antibiotic and they are much better- he is not scratching at them or anything- I know he needs to go in, but hubby wants to wait it out..... He is back to himself with his behavior as well....

Regarding followers- I go around and around with it- I do not really care about numbers either- I care more about meeting people and having on-line friendships and being inspired... I no longer require followers for blog candy, and if I have over seas friends that follow me, they can win my candies.....

I had been giving this thought, as there are a couple of bloggers that I was following and commenting on faithfully, and they NEVER return the favor. I realized I do that too, so really try to comment back now on all people that comment. One of my problems is that I am attracted to Techniques, CAS, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Copic coloring, etc.... MANY different kinds of papercrafting, so I am inspired by many different -and visual- blogs, Pintrest, SCS, etc......and, I get about 100 e-mails a day too....so...I too spend too much time on the computer- it is such a waste of time....but it does get me inspired before I create......

You guys are like my stamping family though.....I love this group! Even though we have not met, I feel like we are all 'real' friends and care about what is going on in everyone's lives!

OK- off to pick up a little-doing some laundry..... and have a meeting at work this afternoon...and thrilled I do NOT have to cook again tonight- life is good : )

Shelly
Sorry Steph had to leave and go back to school. It is sad when they leave the nest. I remember those days, but it is the way of life. My DD is going through situations like that right now and looking toward when my DGD won't be coming home much at all once she is married in December. I saw her a little bit this weekend because she's working a lot trying to get money for school and wedding. She left to go to Arizona to see her BF for the weekend and was supposed to come home on Monday. My DD is taking other DGD to Church girl's camp on Tuesday which is in Santa Barbara. She was expecting the older one to be home to drive with her over there and then thought they'd go to dinner together and have some Mother/Daughter time. Well DGD got her work schedule rearranged so that she doesn't have to be back to work until Wednesday, so BF thought maybe she could stay an extra day in Arizona. Needless to say, DD was disappointed that they weren't going to get to spend that time together. She has a lady friend that said she'd drive with her if she wanted her too, so I think that she'll ask her, but she's much rather have DD along.

Glad to hear that your pup is doing better. I hope his ears continue to stay clear and you don't have to take him in to the vet. Mine all seem to be back to normal. I haven't heard Casper sneeze, and now I'm thinking that it may have been an allergy. I had gotten this cat stuff called Feliway. It's a diffuser and puts out an odor into the air that is supposed to keep cats from being stressed about different things. I was using it to see if it would help with Paisley and Casper. Well, I think Casper was allergic to it because I stopped using it I think on Thursday and put it away out of the house and he has quit sneezing. I may bring it back in the house just to check it out to see if that is what was causing him to start sneezing again.
I love our group too even though we haven't met IRL. I don't think that really matters whether we've actually met or not. I think we've learned lots about each other just from our chatting and I feel like I know you all pretty well. Yes, maybe one of these days we can get something together so we can meet up That would be awesome.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 06-22-2013, 06:05 PM   #5128
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Oh! When you said you'd be back Saturday, I thought you meant next Saturday! I'm sorry you didn't get to stay longer but know you enjoyed seeing everyone anyway.
Nope, it was always going to be just a sort trip. A very special event in my DD's life that I wanted to be there for and thought that her sister should be there also. It was a pretty quiet, restful 2 days. I've got some photos uploaded that I need to post of FB.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 06-22-2013, 06:15 PM   #5129
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Sad that Stephi had to leave, Shelly - but at least you got to spend a little time with her.

I love our group too!!!!! Couldn't ask for anything better I don't think. And yes, y'all are my "friends" even though we've never met! Hey, maybe one of these days we will! Wouldn't that be fun!!!!!

Have fun not cooking tonight! I'm still trying to decide what to fix. Ugh! I don't mind the cooking - it's just trying to think of something different every night. Get tired of the same old stuff and Jim's not real good about trying new dishes. I've tried fixing one dish a week that neither one of us has ever had - found some good, and some not so good......but he got to where he didn't really like that night that I decided to do it so we're back in the same old grind.

Oh, after the procedure we just came home and ate a sandwich - on WHEAT bread!!!! LOL!
I actually love to cook, but I like to cook for people, not just for me although I'm trying to do more of that too. I did pretty good while I was away. After all that I did eat, I didn't gain an ounce! We went to Panera Bread on Thursday evening after we got in. My oldest DGD works for them, but at a different store than the one we went too. I had a fabulous Fuji chicken salad. It had the most awesome fuji apple chips on it. I really think they should market those things.

Yesterday after we took care of what we went out there for, we went to Bruxie's with some of my DD's lady friends and had a fabulous time. We took the youngest DGD and also picked up the DD of one of the lady's that was with us. If they ever start franchising this place, my DD that lives here and I are going to open one of these. They only have 5 restaurants in CA. They make their sandwiches and desserts on waffles, oh so yummy. I've only eaten there once before. This time I had smoked salmon and cream cheese with pickles on a waffle and then had lemon meringue waffle for dessert. Actually I traded some of my lemon meringue tastes of what others had. My other DD had a s'mores one and one lady had one with bananas and Nutella, so I got to try both of those also.

I'm thinking I might actually make pork ribs for dinner tomorrow night just for me! I can have leftovers during the week. I have a good recipe to cook them in the oven since I don't have a grill yet. I really need to work on that.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 06-22-2013, 06:17 PM   #5130
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
Hi Lynn - this is the piece I am stitching - and have been for years !!

Autumn Peace [FL-06] - $16.00 : Mystic Stitch Inc, The fine art of counted cross stitch patterns

It is for DH, but he jokes he will be dead before I get it finished - he saw the photo in a catty and like it, so before researching it I ordered it.... I am stitching it over 2 threads on Belfast Linen, and it is still big!
I don't remember if I commented on this or not, but I just wanted to say that this is absolutely breathtaking! I would never even attempt to do something like that. I'd probably be missing stitches and having to rip it out and redo. I've been working on a blanket for my 2nd oldest DGD for years and I sure do hope I can get it finished before she gets married.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 06-22-2013, 06:20 PM   #5131
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Hee hee, I actually think the Spurs have been playing marvelously! But it would be shameful if I didn't give a little "go Heat" nudge! That game was a nailbiter!! Tonight's will be equally fantastic, I bet!

Thank you for the unspoken prayers ........... I sent a PM, I hope you all don't mind. My head is spinning, but today is a new day!
Read your PM and I do really feel for you. I wish there was more that I could offer other than prayers, but I do offer those up for you and your family that all will work out well for you guys.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 06-22-2013, 06:24 PM   #5132
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Just popped my head outdoors, and our sheltered thermometer is reading 2 oC (37 oF) with a wind so no frost, and currently no rain.............
That's a bit chilly. It's 9:30 PM here and it's 86*F
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 06-22-2013, 06:28 PM   #5133
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Maxine, I was thinking about how cold it was for you and had soup of lunch today!!!!! LOL! It was pretty warm and toasty too. I did have to turn the AC up a little though!!! Stay warm.

Kelly, a game party sounds like fun!! We'll just have to wait and see how it turns out I guess. The newspaper today was not very encouraging I'm afraid - but you just never know. Hope the kids have a great time.

That's a fabulous cross stitch she sent you!!! SO PRETTY! Y'all are really making me want to start another one now!

Maggie, sorry I missed telling you before you left - but if you get to read this, have a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had my last trip to the dentist this morning (to the tune of $400.00 today). I'd already paid him $340.00 for cleaning and fixing the other filling........Grrrrrr........Oh well, gotta keep my teeth as long as I can!

Going to try and craft a little bit tomorrow - wish me luck on finding some time!
Ugh! Sorry about the dentist stuff. Not something that I ever look forward too either. I'm lucky I haven't had to have any heavy work done in awhile, but I've had a couple of crowns and I think 2 bridges put in over the last several years.

I for sure need to craft tomorrow. I've got my PSC project that needs doing and the Fan Page SBS challenge project that needs to be done by next weekend. It's got a twist and I'm having a hard time with it.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 06-22-2013, 06:28 PM   #5134
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I have just discovered a large chip off a tooth so next week I will be back to the dentist.........
Oh, so sorry.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 06-22-2013, 06:33 PM   #5135
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Ouchie for the tooth problems!! My dh is constantly at the dentist, we've already passed the 5K mark His teeth are in a bad, bad shape and he's only 50. Poor man. ((( Maxine and Lynn ))) I DO NOT like the dentist, I shudder just at the thought!

We took dd16 (the Monday after you know what!) to the surgeon for her wisdom teeth. Her dentist said they needed out NOW. The surgeon said they are very impacted. I'm torn on what to do becuase her sisters were taken out last year (2 nearly out, 2 impacted but not badly) but she's saying all four of Chrissy's are? So should we wait? She said no, the roots aren't that long - it will be easier. But we have to go IN further to get them - ugh! I get chills just thinking of it!!!!!!!!!! I have to pray on this one!

Pool/pizza party this afternoon, says my daughter 18 ...... taking my son to get his glasses. Poor baby. He kept saying he was 'blind' and I thought he meant for reading - turns out at 8, he is 20/60! He wants a pair of Harry Potter glasses ...... LOL!

Lynn, condolences on the Spurs I thought they played a MAGNIFICENT game. You could tell how badly they wanted it. I nearly choked up during LeBron's MVP speech - " I'm just a kid from the inner city - I shouldn't even be here." So our city is definitely celebrating today.

I hope to get crafty later on - been sooooooo long!!

Hugs!
So sorry about DD16 having to have her wisdom teeth out. I think you need to listen to the dentist, but also as you said, pray about it and see if that is the right thing to do NOW! I actually still have one of my wisdom teeth. Dentists in the past have wanted to remove it, but it's not causing any problems so I didn't ever see a reason to put me through that.

Wow! That is some difference for your DS's eyesight. I'm sure he does need glasses. I bet he'll look cute is his HP's.

Congrats to the Heat on the win!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 06-22-2013, 06:37 PM   #5136
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Happy Weekend everyone!!!

I'm being a total bum today - big time! (And loving every minute of it!) I did get the bed made though so I figure I'm already ahead of the game! LOL! Actually, I've run to town which took longer than I expected and then came back home and made a very quick card. I think that's why I like the CAS style - quick! Now I need to come up with one a little more involved - um.....maybe tomorrow! I've got so many birthdays I have to do cards for next month and really need to get started on that one.

Hope everyone is having a great day
I changed out the linen's on my before I left on my trip, so I have nice clean sheets on my bed tonight.

My DGS is at Scout camp this week and they always have an address so you can send them mail while they are gone, so I need to get a card made to send out to him on Monday so he gets it before the end of the week.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 06-22-2013, 07:09 PM   #5137
Pearl-ExPert

Grrrrrrrrrr................I was just looking at challenges to see where I could possibly enter a card I have going up on Monday...... I went by the I Love Rubber Stamps Challenge - and I WON!!!!! Like 3 weeks ago! They just posted it on the 18th (Tuesday) so hope I'm not too late to claim it since it's a good one! NOW, the problem is that it doesn't say who to contact about this!!!!!!!!! Yikes! I left a comment but it just automatically published and have no idea if the coordinator even looks at those things! I got to looking at the DT and sorta, somewhat, barely, know one of the ladies (Athina) .........so left a comment on her blog regarding her card AND about me winning! Geeze......I hope someone gets that message and e-mails me! It was a random win out of 117!!!! Talk about a big shock! I never win anything!!! If any of y'all happen to know the coordinator or DT members could you please give me their e-mail or e-mail them for me?
mschoener and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:40 PM   #5138
Pearl-ExPert

I FINALLY saw where to e-mail about the win! It was on an older post where someone won and the said what to do! Yikes! Hope I'm not too late to claim it! Keep your fingers crossed for me! (Can you tell I'm a little excited about this! LOL!)
Old 06-23-2013, 03:46 AM   #5139
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I FINALLY saw where to e-mail about the win! It was on an older post where someone won and the said what to do! Yikes! Hope I'm not too late to claim it! Keep your fingers crossed for me! (Can you tell I'm a little excited about this! LOL!)
Congrats Lynn! I know how you feel. Glad that you were able to find out how to contact them to get your winnings. I went and looked last night and I didn't see anything either about that.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 06-23-2013, 05:59 AM   #5140
Pearl-ExPert

Morning everyone!

Maggie, I meant to tell you - glad you're back! Saw the pics on FB and they were great!

Off to get some commenting done and then maybe piddle around in the yard some while it's still cool (like 85)! Bummer!
Old 06-23-2013, 07:33 AM   #5141
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Lynn, I'm sure your win will still be accepted! Just post that you just now saw it and they will probably respond I won a few challenges in the past few weeks (one of them the week my daughter graduated, so I never saw it or checked since I'm barely blogging lately!) and the lady was so unbelieveably sweet about it! Shout out to TAWS! I just told her my dd graduated and life was on hold and even though it was past the 2 weeks, she mailed it anyway I thought that was the nicest ever! I thought it wouldn't hurt to check. Before that, I won two other challenges and they were here in a matter of days - yay!

But, 5 books for review landed in my mailbox in the last 3 days as well so my crafty time just got shorter, lol! One of the books I finished last night in a couple of hours and it was a really tough read (more like a textbook!) I felt like I was back in college being lectured by the professor, lol!

Maggie, welcome home! My dd Victoria is a Girl Scout - 8 years now! Is your DGS going for Eagle? not sure how old he is

Getting ready to take dd18 to Office Depot to get her school supplies - far cry from when she started Kindergarten! Instead of picking up crayons and composition books, we need tons of 'big girl' stuff. Makes me want to cry. She will drive off to college by herself tomorrow, 5 days a week M/F with a heavy schedule to juggle so I hope she embraces this and does really well. This is the last week of camp for my 2 others and then it's finally some relaxation time, lol! Not to mention I have to finish the Cabana, still half done!

Happy SONday, all!
Old 06-23-2013, 02:53 PM   #5142
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Lynn, I'm sure your win will still be accepted! Just post that you just now saw it and they will probably respond I won a few challenges in the past few weeks (one of them the week my daughter graduated, so I never saw it or checked since I'm barely blogging lately!) and the lady was so unbelieveably sweet about it! Shout out to TAWS! I just told her my dd graduated and life was on hold and even though it was past the 2 weeks, she mailed it anyway I thought that was the nicest ever! I thought it wouldn't hurt to check. Before that, I won two other challenges and they were here in a matter of days - yay!

But, 5 books for review landed in my mailbox in the last 3 days as well so my crafty time just got shorter, lol! One of the books I finished last night in a couple of hours and it was a really tough read (more like a textbook!) I felt like I was back in college being lectured by the professor, lol!

Maggie, welcome home! My dd Victoria is a Girl Scout - 8 years now! Is your DGS going for Eagle? not sure how old he is

Getting ready to take dd18 to Office Depot to get her school supplies - far cry from when she started Kindergarten! Instead of picking up crayons and composition books, we need tons of 'big girl' stuff. Makes me want to cry. She will drive off to college by herself tomorrow, 5 days a week M/F with a heavy schedule to juggle so I hope she embraces this and does really well. This is the last week of camp for my 2 others and then it's finally some relaxation time, lol! Not to mention I have to finish the Cabana, still half done!

Happy SONday, all!
Thanks Kelly,

Actually, My DGD is a GS and my DD has been her Leader since the beginning. She's a Senior Scout. I think this year there are only 2 of them in the troop, but they are still going.

My DGS is just a Freshman in HS this coming year, so he has some time before he has to deal with becoming an Eagle. That can be tough.

Sending up prayers for you DD going off to College. It is tough, but she is living at home isn't she? I'm sure she'll be just fine. She is a big girl now and can do it. I know what you mean about school supplies. At church we're doing a thing where we are donating school supplies for some of our members who are struggling financially. I took one for a girl (no name of course) and there is a really long list of supplies, plus we're to get them a back pack also. I need to start working on that so I'll have everything bought by the end of July.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 06-23-2013, 04:07 PM   #5143
Forum Fanatic

Default Hello

I feel like it has been ages since I have dropped in! It has been a busy week, but it is over.....! We had gradation parties and a family reunion. I have been useless today- achy all over, but just took some pain meds.... hehe
I have 2 teeth that are bothering me- one... I am just praying so hard....does not turn into a root canal! Working tomorrow and going to dentist first thing Tues AM.
Congrats on the win Lynn......! Yeah! It is so fun to win- once in a while! I got a top card on a blog a week or so ago- and it had been 6 mos for me before that.....it is so fun : ) Hope you enjoyed your day of relaxing.

Maxine- you and me and the dentists....I have alot of old fillings too- they all have mercury in them...... and they are all chipping. My dentist says I have concave teeth, and even if you do excellent care of your teeth, you have a higher chance of getting cavities. OMG- the cross stitch pic is just beautiful!

Kelley- Best of luck to your daughter- she will do great! Sounds like you have alot of reading to do- I do not read so much anymore- although, if I start reading a good book, I cannot put it down! My youngest LOVES to go shopping for school supplies- she saves alot of her school work, so likes to buy organizational materials too.

Maggie- saw your pic on FB- wonderful picture! Glad you had a fun trip- sounds like a fabulous trip- even if short.

We are waiting for the brick patio to be done- it was supposed to be this week, but the utility companies have not been called to mark where all of the power lines, etc are located, so not sure when they are here.

Waving hello to everyone else!
Shelly
Old 06-23-2013, 06:22 PM   #5144
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks for the congrats on the win - but haven't heard anything back yet. Hopefully I wasn't too late and they got the e-mail! Fingers crossed on that one. And Kelly, congrats on that TAWS win! Love their stamps and actually have a card going up later this week for their challenge.

Don't worry at all about your daughter! I'm sure she'll do just fine!!!!! It's always hard to see them leave the nest though, I know. I did fine when my daughter left for college...not a problem at all. When my son left though, I thought I'd DIE! LOL!

Shelly, sorry you're having dental problems too now. Seems to be going around I guess. Sure am glad I'm done with mine until next year! When I left his office the other day I told him I'd see him again in about 10 years! For some reason he didn't think that was funny though! Oh well.......

Shelly, I saw the pics on FB of the reunion! Looks like it was a good one and everyone had fun. Hope you get your patio in soon - know you'll enjoy it. Maggie, how's everything with your house coming along?

I'm stuck on making a card right now for some reason! I have the image completed (only because it was a colored image when I got it!!! LOL) but can't think of the design or papers I want to use. It'll probably come to me about 2:00 in the morning and I'll wake up thinking about it.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:44 PM   #5145
Pearl-ExPert

Lynn that sounds like me - I sat in church yesterday and looked at a large box that was on display as part of a missions appeal and thought about how I could alter it.
As the appeal was over I was able to snag it after the service, and am now part way through altering it! Just hope it all works out the way I am visualising it!! I did start two cards yesterday too, and could not finish either of them!
Old 06-24-2013, 03:04 AM   #5146
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts!

Welcome back Shelly. I did see your photos on FB also, and it does look like y'all had a fabulous time together. Hope you get the patio done soon. Some people at church asked me about mine yesterday. They are wanting to get something done at their house. Good luck with the dentist tomorrow.

Lynn, I finally got my PSC card done last night. We were to use Red, White & Blue and use a Digi image from the sponsor. I ended up using those colors, but it's for a birthday card. I'm going to give it to my SIL this weekend. Man cards for me are always CAS. It took me forever though to figure out what to do with the image.

Maxine, can't wait to see what you do with your box.

It's back to work this morning. At least we have a day off next week again.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 06-24-2013, 06:29 AM   #5147
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, all!!

Dd indeed just texted and got to school just fine. Was praying, I was!! Of course today, it decides to RAIN!! Yikes. She should be home this afternoon but I'll be gone .. Miss that kid

Maggie, isn't scouting fun!! My dd14 decided this was her last year the year when it counted so much, like college apps etc. but she is free to decide and doesn't want to stay on ... I told her find something new at your first year of High School then

Hi everyone ... maxine, good morning! LYnn, I have a Taws card, too! Loved that photo this week!

Hi Shell! I just have this urge to always call you that! My very best friend growing up was Shellie (spelled diff) and she was Shell, I was Kel, lol!

Question!!! I just found blood drops all over my floor and then saw Buster licking his left paw. The thumbnail, the last nail on the paw is half hanging off!! It's not off enough to make it come off, not that I know how ... But it's hanging and bleeding. Any ideas!??? I tried to bandage it but he ate the tape and gauze!!! I feel so bad for him, that has got to hurt. He is walking sorta fine but picks up,his paw mid air and just licks on it. Bleeding has stopped but poor baby ....
Old 06-24-2013, 06:33 AM   #5148
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts - at least I think it's morning!

I’m home from Thailand… but the jet lag is still hanging on.

I’m not going to try to read the threads and catch up, so please tell me if I missed anything important. Thanks!
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin Twisted Tuesday

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: Camping in the Forest
Old 06-24-2013, 07:07 AM   #5149
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Good morning, all!!

Dd indeed just texted and got to school just fine. Was praying, I was!! Of course today, it decides to RAIN!! Yikes. She should be home this afternoon but I'll be gone .. Miss that kid

Maggie, isn't scouting fun!! My dd14 decided this was her last year the year when it counted so much, like college apps etc. but she is free to decide and doesn't want to stay on ... I told her find something new at your first year of High School then

Hi everyone ... maxine, good morning! LYnn, I have a Taws card, too! Loved that photo this week!

Hi Shell! I just have this urge to always call you that! My very best friend growing up was Shellie (spelled diff) and she was Shell, I was Kel, lol!

Question!!! I just found blood drops all over my floor and then saw Buster licking his left paw. The thumbnail, the last nail on the paw is half hanging off!! It's not off enough to make it come off, not that I know how ... But it's hanging and bleeding. Any ideas!??? I tried to bandage it but he ate the tape and gauze!!! I feel so bad for him, that has got to hurt. He is walking sorta fine but picks up,his paw mid air and just licks on it. Bleeding has stopped but poor baby ....
I think I'd have to take Buster to the vet if he were my dog. If it's not treated, it could get infected and that would not be good. They'll be able to medicate it and wrap it so he won't be able to get it off.

Glad that your DD made it to school OK on her first day.

LOL! I really can't say that about scouting Kelly. I was actually a leader when my youngest dd (the one who is now a leader) was a Brownie, but only stayed in it a couple of years. I did take them camping once! That was amazing since I hate to camp!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 06-24-2013, 12:37 PM   #5150
Pearl-ExPert

Kelly, that is exactly what happened to Rambo a couple of weeks ago - his nail. We didn't know what it was for several days and he just kept limping on it and licking. We couldn't see a thing - until we got him to the vet. They numbed his foot and then had to cut the toenail super short! Wrapped his foot up (I even post a pic on my blog last week) and he was ok after a day. He promptly chewed off the bandage but managed to get him to keep it on for a couple of hours anyway. Be SURE and get him to the vet!!!! We had a dog a long time ago that this happened to and it ended up getting infected and they were going to have to amputate his leg! He was VERY old though and already blind and could just barely move around so we had him put to sleep. I couldn't see amputating his leg when he was so old.

Jeanette, so glad you're back and all is good. Know you had a marvelous time!

I didn't have a DOTW today but if anyone wants to throw something out here, go for it.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:50 PM   #5151
Pearl-ExPert

Hi there girls from a cold and bleak New Zealand - I have managed some more studio time today and finished the two cards that fought me over the weekend... and one is for the washi tape challenge, so I have blogged it here

The other one I changed out the main image and that worked.... oh for a heat gun to release adhesives!!
Old 06-24-2013, 09:53 PM   #5152
Pearl-ExPert

Welcome back Jeanette - looking forward to seeing photos and hearing your stories from Thailand

Kelly I hope your pooch is better now and has not cost too much .

Waving at you all - and I can't find an icon to wave.........
Old 06-25-2013, 03:01 AM   #5153
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Welcome back Jeanette - looking forward to seeing photos and hearing your stories from Thailand

Kelly I hope your pooch is better now and has not cost too much .

Waving at you all - and I can't find an icon to wave.........

Here's where I go to get my little smilies at times. I know some of the others have much better websites to go to.

Cosgan.de - Animierte Smilies und Gifs
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
luvcardmaking likes this post.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:20 AM   #5154
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Oh my! When is our Washi Tape Challenge due? I need to get some creative juices flowing so I can work on that!

BTW, I took a bag of many rolls of Washi Tape with me to Thailand for the kiddos to use in their journal/smash books. WOW! The Washi was certainly a hit among the girls! They loved it....... decorated everything they could get their hands on. LOL! They should have inspired me in creativity, but my jet lag is hampering that process.

Maxine, I will not be able to show pictures from my trip - security reasons, due to the nature of the work we were doing, but I will tell you.... the trip was amazing. I got to spend 7 long but oh-so-fulfilling days with a fantastic group of 10-14 year old American kids who have moved abroad (most of them in the past 2 years). They sre such a jooy and we had a great time studying together, playing games, crafting, and just hanging out. I miss them!!!

Kelly, how is Buster doing today? Poor guy!

Maggie and Lynn, your words of wisdom sound right to me.

Hugs for all!!!
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin Twisted Tuesday

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: Camping in the Forest
Old 06-25-2013, 04:01 AM   #5155
Gallery Gazer

Morning!

Welcome back Jeanette!

Kelly: I would get Buster to the vet ASAP.

Lynn: I think you made the right decision about your dog & not putting him through the amputation. Even though it must have been hard for you.

Maxine: I was reading online somewhere over this weekend about your winter. I sure thought about you. Hope that it lets up some.

Shelly: adding some prayers for you also as you head off to the dentist this morning. Ugh!

Maggie: love that smiley!

Wishing all of you a great day today - off to work for me.

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 06-25-2013, 09:09 AM   #5156
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi ladies! Bit behind as I had to get dd14 to her dental appt - home for a bit then I'm off to the vet with poor Buster. I've been calling vets all morning as I will not go back to ours - he's THE MOST expensive vet in Miami. $100 office visits? Hello! My friend recommended a couple but they are not taking patients today and he must go TODAY. Poor baby. Cross your paws that all goes well!

DD broke down on the way to college today We don't know what happened, other than maybe the car stalled. She called AAA and dh and they arrived pretty much at the same time just as the AAA guy was snapping at her (I'm pretty sure he was about to pull the 'your a dumb blonde' routine and wow, I'm glad I wasn't there! Dh is a psych for a reason, ROFL! Anyway, it started right up and off she went and now we're going to the mechanics this evening. Ay yi yi.

But the good new is the check up was CAVITY FREE - woot! Wish I had that great of check ups!
Shelly, thinking good thoughts for you!!!!!!

I'm still with my ideas for the washi tape and will get my card up asap! Esp since I have a few new rolls of it, ROFL!

Hugs!
Old 06-25-2013, 11:57 AM   #5157
Pearl-ExPert

I'll be checking out the smiley faces site Maggie! Thanks. Hopefully I can figure it out.

Kelly, hope you find little Buster a vet today. Not good about your daughter breaking down this morning - but at least she made it to school. Hopefully it's nothing serious with the car.

Darlene - glad you popped in! Hope you're having fun at work! That was a joke! Yes, it was horrible having to put that dog down. My first husband and I got her about 2 months after we married and that was THE BABY!!!! We named her Peanuts because when we went to pick her up the people that had her were feeding her peanut butter! She was 17 years old when we had her put down. She always slept under the cabinet by the kitchen sink. My husband accidentally stepped on her and it tore her claw. It got infected and we just about had it cleared up and he stepped on it again!!!!!!!! (No, that wasn't the reason I asked for a divorce though!!! LOL!!!!) Anyway, I think that was the hardest thing I've even had to do when we had her put down. Think I cried for a solid week! Anyway...........

Shelly, hope everything came out at the dentist ok this morning!

Jeanette, I'm sorry you can't post the pics of your trip but understand. Know y'all had a wonderful time.

Oh, I don't even remember when I said to have the washi tape challenge deal done. It was either the end of June or July......I think whenever you want to post it would be fine.

Maxine, I'm heading your way now to see your use of it!
Old 06-25-2013, 04:26 PM   #5158
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Hi ladies! Bit behind as I had to get dd14 to her dental appt - home for a bit then I'm off to the vet with poor Buster. I've been calling vets all morning as I will not go back to ours - he's THE MOST expensive vet in Miami. $100 office visits? Hello! My friend recommended a couple but they are not taking patients today and he must go TODAY. Poor baby. Cross your paws that all goes well!

DD broke down on the way to college today We don't know what happened, other than maybe the car stalled. She called AAA and dh and they arrived pretty much at the same time just as the AAA guy was snapping at her (I'm pretty sure he was about to pull the 'your a dumb blonde' routine and wow, I'm glad I wasn't there! Dh is a psych for a reason, ROFL! Anyway, it started right up and off she went and now we're going to the mechanics this evening. Ay yi yi.

But the good new is the check up was CAVITY FREE - woot! Wish I had that great of check ups!
Shelly, thinking good thoughts for you!!!!!!

I'm still with my ideas for the washi tape and will get my card up asap! Esp since I have a few new rolls of it, ROFL!

Hugs!
Hope you were able to get Buster into see a vet today and that he's going to be OK.

Sorry about DD's breaking down, but glad that she was able to get back on the road again. Hope that the mechanic can figure out what went wrong.

WOO HOO for a good dental checkup!

I don't have as much WAshi tape as I thought I did. Need to figure out what to do with what I have.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 06-25-2013, 04:29 PM   #5159
Quacker Stamper

I guess I better go do my PSC blog post. Then I have another card to work on.

I was supposed to go help one of our church members with his genealogy, but there was no answer when I called his house 45 minutes ago. Left a message, but it's getting too late to do this tonight.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 06-25-2013, 05:43 PM   #5160
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Hope you were able to get Buster into see a vet today and that he's going to be OK.

Sorry about DD's breaking down, but glad that she was able to get back on the road again. Hope that the mechanic can figure out what went wrong.

WOO HOO for a good dental checkup!

I don't have as much WAshi tape as I thought I did. Need to figure out what to do with what I have.
Hey girls! About to crawl into bed - what a day!

Buster is all bandaged, coned up - poor babe. We went to a friend's vet and they were very thorough, that's for sure - got meds, took most of the nail out, cleaned the wound and he's hoping to heal. I can't believe the same thing happened to Rambo a week or so ago! They even having matching bandages, lol. They give girl doggies pink, boy doggies blue

It's pouring here - we got home in time to order pizza and call it a night.

Dd18 has class again tomorrow and the truck checked out okay - he couldnt' find a thing wrong with it or why it stalled and chalked it up to maybe something in the gas, dirt in the gas line, something like that? She leaves at 6:45 am so dh will follow her on his way to work to see if it's all okay.

I got my Riley card up and running and used .... washi tape! Hee hee! It's good practice! I actually have a few ideas on cards I've saved in my files to 'try' but hope I get some time to get these done in the next day or so!

off to bed for me!! x0x0