Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2013, 05:00 PM   #5081
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
LOL! Kelly, I'm sure you have a LONG way to go before you start falling apart! Hope they can figure out what's going on with your hip, etc. It's not fun going to doctors though - at all!!!

The concert sounds like fun! Know y'all have a great time!

We're actually getting a little rain around here! Showers all over the place even though they don't last long. We've maybe gotten an inch or more - but better than none at all. I keep having to disconnect the computer due to lightening in the area though. Don't want another computer to get zapped!

Will check in later.
I'd sure like us to be getting some more showers, but we don't have any on the radar for some time to come. I've been outside watering every night.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-14-2013, 05:04 PM   #5082
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
Oh what weather - we have a 'black frost', frost followed by cloud, and rain forecast, and at the moment we are 6oC (42oF) a tad cool!!

Kelly you are one busy Mama - may it slow down soon for you and may you get some 'beach time'.

Hope your cats are all in recovery mode now, Maggie. Looking forward to seeing 'your' fairy!!

Our old boy is doing well, but the neighbour moved the other day, and her cat was to be transported to her new place (4 hrs away) the following day, only he escaped from where he was being held across town, so we are now waiting for him to turn up back here. He is a big boy and well able to cross town to get here! (and by your standards, we are not a large town, pop 16,000.)

We also have new neighbours on both sides - the rental one side has just been re-tenanted, and they look to be young folk. The other side has been bought by a retired couple whom we have met and get on with.

Hope your dental appointment we well Lynn - and that the time in the chair was restful

Oh Paige, that Hand Foot and Mouth is cruel - my grandies got it and the young one in particular was not very well at all Hope your cuddles helped the situation.

Hi Shelly, hope all is well with you after the storms.

Waving at Paola and praying for Jeanette.

Darlene I hope your 'other life' has calmed somewhat.
Thank you Maxine. They seem to be doing better. My Fairies won't be released until October, so even though I know what they'll be you won't be able to actually see them for a few months. That's great that you have new neighbors that you're friendly with. I hope that the young ones also turn out to be nice ones so everyone can get along.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-14-2013, 05:05 PM   #5083
Quacker Stamper

Looks like I'll be doing my own house cleaning tomorrow. I never did hear back from the maid service yesterday like she told me I would. Instead I got a voice mail at home when I got home from work saying they would come tomorrow at 9 a.m. Well, I've already made some other plans so I told her I'd h-ave to wait to have them start here. I'll be out of town next Saturday, so I told her to put me on the schedule for June 29. She also said that I'm close to their office so they'll do my house in the morning. Perfect!

My Great Niece is coming over at 11:30 to go over her duties and such for when I'm gone. I'm planning to do my errands in the morning before she comes and then I'll clean after she leaves. One of my stops will be at Home Depot to look at Floor steamers. I was checking them out online today and I think I'm leaning toward getting a Haan. I had always thought I'd get a Shark, but they didn't have such great reviews that I read online so I think I'll pass on that product.

The Sister Missionaries are coming for dinner on Sunday and I found some really yummy recipes today. Main Course is Holy Yum Chicken! Don't you love that name! It does sound really yummy. I'm thinking I'll make rice and some veggies to go with it along with some fruit. For dessert I'm going to make No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake. Also very yummy. Or I might make cherry. The topping is pie filling, so I could make any kind that I want using a pie filling.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-15-2013, 08:55 AM   #5084
Pearl-ExPert

Maxine, hope you enjoy your new neighbors - and get some nicer weather soon. Burrrrr......

Maggie, your dinner for tomorrow sounds yummy!!! Wish I could be there too!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:36 AM   #5085
Forum Fanatic

Default Hello

Stopping in to say Hi! I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Fathers Day Weekend!

We are planning on going to Harry Careys Seafood Restaurant after church. Our daughter Katie sent us a gift card- WOW- I love it!

I had plans today, but slept half the day away- did not get up until 11:15..... I had to take a couple of muscle relaxants yesterday for my neck, so guess they affected me, or maybe my body just needed sleep......

Thursday, after water exercise, I went shopping with coupons- and I do not do that often, cause I spend too much $$$!!! So much stuff was on sale at Joann's...... I am also now the owner of about 15 rolls of Washi tape as well..... Archivers has a wonderful selection.....

We are warm- in the 70's and we have rain predicted all week!

We noticed a few brown marks on the dogs ear-old blood I think- and took some medicine from the last round with a Q tip- the ears do not look infected, but have old blood- so not sure if he had his eardrums burst or what....and I was planning on taking him to the vet today, but slept the day away and missed them...... Has anyone ever had anything like this happen to a pet? So, the outer ear in not red like it gets usually........and usually we can tell if he gets bad ears because I can smell the infection......

Maxine- hope your new neighbors are great- and glad the others are friendly as well. Yikes- stay warm!

Maggie- how cool the outdoor cat is friendlier- how cool! Hope the others continue to improve with treatment. Your dinner sounds Yummy!

Lynn- hope you get some more needed rain- but without strong winds....so you can stamp or relax instead of cleaning up branches!

Kelley- do you get to relax a little for the weekend???

Waving Hi to everyone else!

Shelly
Old 06-15-2013, 11:52 AM   #5086
Pearl-ExPert

Shelly, seafood sounds yummy for tomorrow!!! I'm just trying to figure out a way now to hit Maggie's house for her meal and then catch a plane to y'alls! LOL! Hope you have a great weekend too.
I've never had that happen to an animal........I'd probably just take hun to the vet Shelly. Has he been scratching at his ear or anything like that?
Washi!!!! I just used that stuff again on another card! I made it yesterday and am going to get it posted this week. One thing I really like about it is that you can stick it down and then move it if you don't like where you put it! Yea!!! That's great you got some good deals at JoAnns! I just won a $15.00 gift card to Michael's (commenting on a gals blog) so am getting geared up to see what all I can get with that! Maybe more washi?????? LOL!

We're heading out here in a minute to go to a baseball game for one of Jim's grandsons. It's ok - but have to drive an hour and a half to get there. We're taking Rambo with us which is probably going to be an experience to remember! LOL! We have absolutely nothing planned for tomorrow and I'm looking forward to that so much. Then Monday I get to "hug the Charmin" and Tuesday, the rota-roota deal at the hospital. Lovely!!! Then Thursday, back to the dentist (for hopefully the last go round!)

I'll check back in tomorrow!
Old 06-16-2013, 04:41 AM   #5087
Pearl-ExPert

Happy Dad's Day to all the guys today!
Old 06-16-2013, 05:56 AM   #5088
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Shelly, seafood sounds yummy for tomorrow!!! I'm just trying to figure out a way now to hit Maggie's house for her meal and then catch a plane to y'alls! LOL! Hope you have a great weekend too.
I've never had that happen to an animal........I'd probably just take hun to the vet Shelly. Has he been scratching at his ear or anything like that?
Washi!!!! I just used that stuff again on another card! I made it yesterday and am going to get it posted this week. One thing I really like about it is that you can stick it down and then move it if you don't like where you put it! Yea!!! That's great you got some good deals at JoAnns! I just won a $15.00 gift card to Michael's (commenting on a gals blog) so am getting geared up to see what all I can get with that! Maybe more washi?????? LOL!

We're heading out here in a minute to go to a baseball game for one of Jim's grandsons. It's ok - but have to drive an hour and a half to get there. We're taking Rambo with us which is probably going to be an experience to remember! LOL! We have absolutely nothing planned for tomorrow and I'm looking forward to that so much. Then Monday I get to "hug the Charmin" and Tuesday, the rota-roota deal at the hospital. Lovely!!! Then Thursday, back to the dentist (for hopefully the last go round!)

I'll check back in tomorrow!
Sounds great except for those last 2 sentences. Good luck with both of those procedures.

Daily Peachy Deals has been having a lot of Washi tape on sale. So far I've resisted. Wild Orchid Crafts has been having a big clearance sale, and I need to look through my flowers and see if there are any colors/sizes that I need.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-16-2013, 06:19 AM   #5089
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Good Morning, friends -- Happy Father's Day indeed to all the dads, uncles, grandpas and beyond This is a bittersweet day for me - blessed to be married to a truly wonderful man but missing my dad all the same. It gets easier, but not better to know he's not here with us and I await our meeting again in the Glorious gates of Heaven!!

I saw a listing on the forum page for a massive washi tape sale - buy by the time I saw it, I guess the $1 ones were gone? They were nearly $2 and I couldn't buy any, but I'm happy with my little stash of washi!

Blessings!
Old 06-16-2013, 07:11 PM   #5090
Pearl-ExPert

Night all. Will try to have a DOTW tomorrow.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:24 AM   #5091
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts!

Dinner turned out so yummy last night and that mustard chicken was a big hit even with the one Sister that doesn't like mustard. She loved it.

Lynn, How did Rambo like the game?

Shelly, how was Harry Carey's? I do love seafood, but seldom cook it at home. I really need to do more of that.

Have you check with the vet about your pup yet? Casper was sneezing again over the weekend and I'm trying to decide if I need to call the vet again.

Corey has just really changed so much in the past few days. I was petting and scratching his head yesterday and he was so loving it. I'm just sad he wasn't this was from the first.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-17-2013, 07:31 AM   #5092
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning, all ...

I'm off to take dd18 to her 'well check up' lab work - 7 different blood draw/tests for a 'well' patient? LOL! That's excessive, but she wants to check her for glucose (diabetes runs in the family, paternal side, adult onset) and thyroid (me) .... bless her heart.

Got the kids off to camp today, went to the bank, and then the hardware store to get a new set of keys. Home Depot messed them up TWICE. Know where I went? UPS! LOL! They are PERFECT! Who knew!

Also stopped by Joanns, cuz it was right next door ........ guess what Studio G had in the bin? Washi tape!! 2 rolls for $1! And the larger rolls are $1, too. They had some really cute colors - I have about 7 rolls and a few of them were the same, so I grabbed a few of them that I didn't have the colors of
Here's a quick picture:

Pretty cute, right?

Hugs for all
x0xo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg washi 002.jpg (32.0 KB, 5 views)
Old 06-17-2013, 10:18 AM   #5093
Pearl-ExPert

Maggie, Rambo like the game just fine. Every time the crowd would start yelling, he'd bark!! LOL! He actually did pretty good though until some lady came walking up with this HUGE dog! He must not "play well with others" and went a little wacky! It was so hot and humid I thought I'd die! It was very nice to get back in the car and head home.

Glad you dinner went great - knew that it would. When do you leave for California?

Kelly, you scored big time on that washi!!!! Yea!!! I wished we lived closer to the city.....sigh! Hope all the blood tests come out good with your daughter now too.

Shelly, Harry Carrey's..........WOW! How fun that must have been. Saw your picture on FB and it looked pretty yummy too. Glad y'all had a good time and your daughter is beautiful!

I'm probably going to be shutting all my computer stuff down here in a minute so I can start drinking the rota- rooter job stuff. I'll be back sometime tomorrow evening hopefully. But, until then.....................

Discussion of the Week! Since my mind is really on other things right now about all I could come up with was - followers! What are some ways to get ladies to follow your blog - or does it even mean that much?
Old 06-17-2013, 09:55 PM   #5094
Pearl-ExPert

I just let folk follow along when they want to - even being on DT's didn't make any difference to my numbers. It doesn't worry me unduly either way these days .
Even looking for comments really is just an ego trip in a way........... I try to take my joy from the creative process rather than the compliments, but I am prone to looking for comments, I will confess!
Old 06-18-2013, 03:17 AM   #5095
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Maggie, Rambo like the game just fine. Every time the crowd would start yelling, he'd bark!! LOL! He actually did pretty good though until some lady came walking up with this HUGE dog! He must not "play well with others" and went a little wacky! It was so hot and humid I thought I'd die! It was very nice to get back in the car and head home.

Glad you dinner went great - knew that it would. When do you leave for California?

Kelly, you scored big time on that washi!!!! Yea!!! I wished we lived closer to the city.....sigh! Hope all the blood tests come out good with your daughter now too.

Shelly, Harry Carrey's..........WOW! How fun that must have been. Saw your picture on FB and it looked pretty yummy too. Glad y'all had a good time and your daughter is beautiful!

I'm probably going to be shutting all my computer stuff down here in a minute so I can start drinking the rota- rooter job stuff. I'll be back sometime tomorrow evening hopefully. But, until then.....................

Discussion of the Week! Since my mind is really on other things right now about all I could come up with was - followers! What are some ways to get ladies to follow your blog - or does it even mean that much?
I always wonder how dogs do at those dog parks where you can take your dog - whether they will all get along together. Guess they all wouldn't.

Going to CA on Thursday. Our flight is at 1:10, but with the time difference we arrive there at 2:35.

Good luck today. Will be thinking of you that all is well.

I have mixed feelings about getting Followers. I does seem to mean something to lots of people because they are always looking for followers. Joining the blogging groups helped me and also being on the DT's. The one thing that really got me a lot of Followers was joining The Outlawz group. They have a thread on there - Looking for Followers. If you join and sign up and post your blog, then others will go to your blog and become a Follower and then you go and follow their blog. My question back is what is the point? Do you go visit all those blogs periodically? Some people have hundreds and even thousands of Followers. How can they possible visit all those blogs.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-18-2013, 10:54 AM   #5096
Pearl-ExPert

My question back is what is the point? Do you go visit all those blogs periodically? Some people have hundreds and even thousands of Followers. How can they possible visit all those blogs.

My point exactly, Maggie - and why follow a blog if you don't intend visiting it? I get annoyed at the blog candy offers that stipulate you must be a follower to be 'eligable'.

I have quite a few blogs that I follow that do not return the favour (my choice). There are times that I have a 'purge' of blogs that I follow, for various reasons, one of the most pressing is time - I don't need to spend all day on here - and the fact that some card makers only have one 'style' and it gets boring, especially when it is a style that does not appeal. I found that with one blog that I started following as part of a DT.

Read more: Stamp Addicts Blog Group - **FULL**
Old 06-18-2013, 02:52 PM   #5097
Pearl-ExPert

I'm back!!!!!!!!!! Got through with all that mess (colonoscopy) this morning and am good to go again. They found a couple of polyps and found that I have diverticular disease (basically a pocket in the colon). But it didn't have bacteria in it yet to cause diverticulitis. Just have to up my fiber diet. So, I'm done for another 5 years! YEA!

Followers: I'm pretty much in agreement with Maxine and Maggie. I think it's great to have followers so you'll know at least someone is looking at your work, but I'm not obsessed with it like I think a lot of ladies are. I also don't like the idea of having to follow a blog for the candy. I think alot of times when that happens, you have followers come over and then as soon as they candy ends, they un-follow! (Don't think that's really a word! LOL) I follow quite a lot of blogs but don't comment on all of them by any means. I use that more for inspiration and ideas of things to do. I also try to weed out which ones I'm following from time to time.

Sometimes I think I only have one style too! I try to do different things but sometimes it's just easier to do what I normally do. I follow one blog as she makes the most gorgeous cards you've ever seen in your life. They don't even look real............but they're pretty much exactly the same every single time! I like to look at it mainly for her coloring abilities and try to pick up tips from her on that.

I think what brought the DOTW on was that on a blog I follow all the time - and comment too - within about 2 weeks she gained like almost 75 followers!!!!!!!!!! I'm sitting there looking at that and thinking NO WAY! Maybe she did the thing at the Outlawz group like you said Maggie. She does post a lot of cards using their free images, etc.

Gotta go........need to do some commenting, Jim is going to BBQ some burgers tonight (fiber will just have to wait until tomorrow! LOL) and then the Spurs are playing ball again!
Old 06-19-2013, 04:58 AM   #5098
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, girls! I'm sorry I haven't been able to keep up the past days - everything is landing on me at the same time, with lots to get done in such a short time. We have run into a few snags with dd starting college - actually the snag might be a HUGE slam on the breaks, but I just have to keep faithful and know that God is in control. I prayed with her this morning after taking her siblings to camp and just told her to really let Him take over and show us what journey He wants her to follow, even if it's unexpected, disappointing - let it give us strength, guidance. My heart is heavy.

I'm also struggling with another huge issue that happened Saturday -- yet there is no time to stop! Just gotta put on that brave face and continue forward!

As for the DOTW, I have know that there used to be several boards where you could link up your blog - get a comment, give a comment - something like that? I think the point of a blog is to share your creativity and be in a 'community' of fellow crafters/readers/etc .... I used to love to blog mostly for that it was like my personal diary It was my outlet, my 'place' to just journal or talk (even to myself, lol!) I could talk to my mom, dh, kids til I was blue in the face and they still are not going to get what Magnolia or Tim Holtz or the new embossing folders and "omgosh, did you see page ... of the new SU! Catty?!!!" I get deer in the headlights looks! LOL!! I did gain some followers each time I offered blog candies but don't require them to become followers or share the candy on their page ~ to me, they can follow if they like and stay or just hope to win - I didn't mind either way. But I did learn from a temp. DT I was on that apparently there is a HUGE group that just goes around following blog candies - listing them on private pages and all - and then unfollowing when it's over - to me, I don't understand that. What the point is, anyway - lol. I think it all comes down to just love visiting what everyone makes and seeing new things, new styles, new techniques - I mean, I 'm here to learn ... I barely know how to craft!! So it's all fun for me ('except lately, where I'm on exhausted mode 24/7!) and that was the entire point. But I do confess that it stings just a bit when friends comment only on certain friends blogs and completely ignore yours. I know it shouldn't bother me and there are a few friends that do this from another group I'm in and I guess I just don't understand it but maybe it's not meant for me to understand and just smile and move onward. Because of that, I have limited my blog visits, too (as my other friend said "If I'm still here, you made the cut!" Oh I cracked up!! LOL!) I decided to take her approach and really stop stressing myself out about visiting tons of blogs that I do follow ~ between the hundreds of blogs and DT comments, it was too much and something had to give. Oh that sounds so terrible, you all must think I'm horrible!! In the busy-ness of life, it just wasn't worth stressing about and I focus on what does bring me joy, like all of you!

HOW 'BOUT THAT GAME, Lynn!!!!!!!!! That was a nail biter!!!!!!!! Game 7, baby!!!
Old 06-19-2013, 07:01 AM   #5099
Quacker Stamper

Kelly, not sure what all the issues are and I don't have to know. Just want you to know that I'm sending up prayers for you and your DD that things will work out as they should. Sometimes we don't understand what the Plan is, but just have to have faith that we're walking in the right direction and allow Him to lead us.

Lynn, glad that you got through your procedure without any mishaps. I guess you and Kelly will be battling it out Thursday night!!!!!! Go Spurs! Go Heat!

Shelly, did you contact your vet about your doggie's ears? I have 2 outside kitties that have health issues and am thinking of taking them to the vet. One is very sweet and mostly friendly. She has these red spots all over her nose and it is out into her cheeks this summer. She first got it last year and then it went away over the winter, so I'm thinking it's some summer-related thing. The other kitty is not quite so friendly, but I might be able to take her to the vet. She has one ear that looks all ooey and gooey and turns black sometimes, but I think that is kind of scabbing over. I did ask the vet about her, and he said it could be an allergy to mosquitoes. Not sure if I'd be able to take her to the vet which is one reason I've been putting it off, but then I think if I do take them to the vet, what are they going to be able to do for them in one visit. It's not like I'm going to be able to give meds to either one of these girls. But then I feel so bad that they have problems that I'm not doing anything about.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-19-2013, 07:42 AM   #5100
Pearl-ExPert

Kelly, like Maggie, hope all the issues get worked out in your life and know that they will. We'll all be thinking of you!!! Whatever is meant to be, will be.

The game............Yikes! What a game that one was! Jim was very upset when the Spurs lost, but the way I look at it is like this. BOTH teams have played outstanding basketball so whichever one wins is ok. (But, Go Spurs, Go! LOL!!!!) And to think I don't even like basketball!

Kudos to you Kelly for your comments about followers and commenting - and also to Maxine and Maggie! I was so glad to hear you say that about limiting your blog visits, etc. I have so many blogs I follow for the inspiration and try to comment on a lot of them - usually every day! I timed it last week and it was taking me an hour or more to comment on all of them depending on the day of the week, etc. This is WAY too long to be sitting at this computer!! There's more to life I think! Some of these ladies post every single day of the week too - and several post three and four cards a day! SO, I've decided to post a message on my blog saying I was going to be limiting my blog visits and commenting! If I lose followers because of that, that's just the way it is and I really don't care. I want people to follow my blog so something they see may inspire them and not for just a comment. I also want them to actually READ what I've written. I've found that by trying to comment on so many cards each day I'm not really reading what they have to say! That's so bad of me and hate the feeling. So, it's time for a big change in my life with all this. Anyway.................

Maggie, I know how you feel about the kitties and if you decide to take them to the vet, hope you can catch them! Since that one gets the spots on his nose in the summer it may have something to do with the heat and all. As far as the ear thing, there's just no telling! You know, Shelly is our "in house" nurse here - now we need to get an "in house" vet to join the group! LOL! Wouldn't that be nice!

I'm off to try and clean up this house a little and then go visit a friend. Oh, before I sign off I have to tell y'all about Jim yesterday. I got through with my procedure yesterday about noon and he looked over at me and said - Since you haven't had anything to eat since Sunday evening, how about we stop and get a PIZZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIKES!!!! Bite your tongue!!! LOL!!!!!
mschoener and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:00 AM   #5101
Forum Fanatic

Default Hello

Dropping in to say hello and to catch up! Stephi just left to go back to Michigan- Ray went with her- as it is a little confusing to drive around the lake to get to Michigan- then he will take the mega bus back- so I will go to Chicago tonight to pick him up. I will miss her : (

Lynn- glad everything went well with your procedure....so what did you eat after the procedure? Funny Jim!

Maggie and Lynn- I had a vet appt yesterday, but went in to work extra, and hubby cancelled it. He is working on the dogs ears with a rinse and an antibiotic and they are much better- he is not scratching at them or anything- I know he needs to go in, but hubby wants to wait it out..... He is back to himself with his behavior as well....

Kelly- will keep you in prayers for the best possible outcome!

Regarding followers- I go around and around with it- I do not really care about numbers either- I care more about meeting people and having on-line friendships and being inspired... I no longer require followers for blog candy, and if I have over seas friends that follow me, they can win my candies.....

I had been giving this thought, as there are a couple of bloggers that I was following and commenting on faithfully, and they NEVER return the favor. I realized I do that too, so really try to comment back now on all people that comment. One of my problems is that I am attracted to Techniques, CAS, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Copic coloring, etc.... MANY different kinds of papercrafting, so I am inspired by many different -and visual- blogs, Pintrest, SCS, etc......and, I get about 100 e-mails a day too....so...I too spend too much time on the computer- it is such a waste of time....but it does get me inspired before I create......

You guys are like my stamping family though.....I love this group! Even though we have not met, I feel like we are all 'real' friends and care about what is going on in everyone's lives!

OK- off to pick up a little-doing some laundry..... and have a meeting at work this afternoon...and thrilled I do NOT have to cook again tonight- life is good : )

Shelly
luvcardmaking likes this post.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:53 AM   #5102
Pearl-ExPert

Sad that Stephi had to leave, Shelly - but at least you got to spend a little time with her.

I love our group too!!!!! Couldn't ask for anything better I don't think. And yes, y'all are my "friends" even though we've never met! Hey, maybe one of these days we will! Wouldn't that be fun!!!!!

Have fun not cooking tonight! I'm still trying to decide what to fix. Ugh! I don't mind the cooking - it's just trying to think of something different every night. Get tired of the same old stuff and Jim's not real good about trying new dishes. I've tried fixing one dish a week that neither one of us has ever had - found some good, and some not so good......but he got to where he didn't really like that night that I decided to do it so we're back in the same old grind.

Oh, after the procedure we just came home and ate a sandwich - on WHEAT bread!!!! LOL!
Old 06-19-2013, 12:39 PM   #5103
Pearl-ExPert

I hear you about cooking Lynn....... I get a bit of brain strain to change things a bit and still having Kelson enjoy it - I have had some success and some less popular, much less popular!!

I have not made a card in for ever - my blog entries are cards that I have made recently and just photographed and filed have been cross stitching instead.

We have a polar blast hitting over the next couple of days so it's a tad chilly around here, and wet. We may get snow too, which would be a record as we usually only get it once in about five years, and two years ago we had two falls on one day and it sat long enough for folks to make (small) snowmen! The South Is is already well under way with the snow.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:19 PM   #5104
Pearl-ExPert

Oh Maxine........what are you cross stitching!!!! I love to do that and haven't done it in so long. I always do the counted cross stitch and actually have a kit but haven't started on it yet. Need to do that. Once I get started I'm fine.....it's just getting moving on it.

I have to tell ya......after you talked about how cold it was going to be there and the possibility of snow, I had to go turn down the AC a bit to get it cooler in here! LOL! We were suppose to be up to 97 today - about normal.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:15 PM   #5105
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Lynn - this is the piece I am stitching - and have been for years !!

Autumn Peace [FL-06] - $16.00 : Mystic Stitch Inc, The fine art of counted cross stitch patterns

It is for DH, but he jokes he will be dead before I get it finished - he saw the photo in a catty and like it, so before researching it I ordered it.... I am stitching it over 2 threads on Belfast Linen, and it is still big!
Old 06-19-2013, 06:23 PM   #5106
Gabfest Goddess

Hello everyone! It seems like ages since I've been here and have missed so much.

Maggie: hoping that your outdoor babies do improve & wishing you a great trip to CA.

Shelly: I am sure that you will really miss Stephi, how hard it must be! I like how you characterized our group as stamping family. I agree, even though I've been absent a lot lately.

Maxine: BRRRRRR!! Stay warm and stay safe! Counted cross stitch, I always thought that I would like to do that. Maybe you will inspire me!

Lynn: Glad that all turned out well with your procedure. Trust me, you don't want Diverticulitis to flare up. Not fun. Bring on the fiber-it's your friend!

Kelly: sending some prayers for you and your daughter. Hoping that things all get resolved quickly and happily.

DOTW: FOLLOWERS????? hahahahaha...oh yes, I guess I actually DO have a few, and I think that half of them are all of you! I really only started a blog to share some cards made with some friendly challenges between friends here on SCS. I spend so much time on a computer for work, I always feel used up and with nothing interesting to say when it comes to a blog.

But I know what you mean about wanting people to read what you post. Sometimes I read comments on some of your blogs (when I am leaving a comment) and it does sound like some of them didnt read your post.

I know that I've been slacking lately on leaving love for your blogs. I'll get back in the swing of things soon, I promise! I love to leave comments, because I love seeing your works. You all give me so much inspiration, so leaving comments is easy. Plus, I really don't follow that many blogs so it's easier for me.

Well, I think I have rambled on enough here, should go to sleep, LOL
The work day will start up early, but at least it's almost the weekend!!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 06-19-2013, 06:26 PM   #5107
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
Hi Lynn - this is the piece I am stitching - and have been for years !!

Autumn Peace [FL-06] - $16.00 : Mystic Stitch Inc, The fine art of counted cross stitch patterns

It is for DH, but he jokes he will be dead before I get it finished - he saw the photo in a catty and like it, so before researching it I ordered it.... I am stitching it over 2 threads on Belfast Linen, and it is still big!
Holy Hannah!!! That is beautiful - and very impressive! I wouldnt even know where to begin. It's going to be magnificent when it's finished. Hopefully it won't take as long as hubby thinks!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 06-19-2013, 07:12 PM   #5108
Pearl-ExPert

Maxine, Holly Hannah is RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!! That is awesome!!! Yes, it's big - but so beautiful! I do hope you get that finished! What a piece of art it will be!!!!! Have fun stitching! I've never done anything that large before I don't think. What's the finished size going to be? The last time I did one was so many years ago and it was a picture of the Courthouse where my brother lives. He's a historical buff and really wanted me to do that for him. Someone local had made up the kit so bought it and I gave it to him for Christmas! Mercy me......tiny, tiny, TINY little cross stitching. I forget what the thread count was but it was unreal. I swear I lost half my eye sight on that one! If you get a chance, check out Alissa's blog - Starry Nights Studio. She does cards and stitching! Very pretty things. She actually used to be in our group so long ago! I'll look up the link and get back with you on that.

Darlene, so glad you popped in. Busy, busy, busy!!!! Right! Hope things settle down for you soon.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:15 PM   #5109
Pearl-ExPert

Maxine, here's the link to Alissa's blog: Starry Nights Studio
She even has free digis ever so often too.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:50 AM   #5110
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts! My DD will be here in less than 1/2 hour. I think I've got everything packed, done and ready to leave. Had to run to the bank to get some cash to take even though I have my debit card. I always like to have cash just in case.

I'll try to catch up on my Kindle Fire if I have time, otherwise I'll be back Saturday night.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-20-2013, 10:05 AM   #5111
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post

Kelly, not sure what all the issues are and I don't have to know. Just want you to know that I'm sending up prayers for you and your DD that things will work out as they should. Sometimes we don't understand what the Plan is, but just have to have faith that we're walking in the right direction and allow Him to lead us.

Lynn, glad that you got through your procedure without any mishaps. I guess you and Kelly will be battling it out Thursday night!!!!!! Go Spurs! Go Heat!

Shelly, did you contact your vet about your doggie's ears? I have 2 outside kitties that have health issues and am thinking of taking them to the vet. One is very sweet and mostly friendly. She has these red spots all over her nose and it is out into her cheeks this summer. She first got it last year and then it went away over the winter, so I'm thinking it's some summer-related thing. The other kitty is not quite so friendly, but I might be able to take her to the vet. She has one ear that looks all ooey and gooey and turns black sometimes, but I think that is kind of scabbing over. I did ask the vet about her, and he said it could be an allergy to mosquitoes. Not sure if I'd be able to take her to the vet which is one reason I've been putting it off, but then I think if I do take them to the vet, what are they going to be able to do for them in one visit. It's not like I'm going to be able to give meds to either one of these girls. But then I feel so bad that they have problems that I'm not doing anything about.
Hee hee, I actually think the Spurs have been playing marvelously! But it would be shameful if I didn't give a little "go Heat" nudge! That game was a nailbiter!! Tonight's will be equally fantastic, I bet!

Thank you for the unspoken prayers ........... I sent a PM, I hope you all don't mind. My head is spinning, but today is a new day!
Old 06-20-2013, 10:09 AM   #5112
Stazon Splitcoast

Maggie, safe traveling!! HOpefully you will have a chance to stop in but enjoy!

Shell, it's hard to see the babies go! I don't know what I will do when mine actually LEAVE the house!! Dd is just going to college (even locally) and I'm a teary eyed fool - cried myself to the bank and back today as she drove off with her friends to a movie

Maxine, you are so talented!! I could'nt cross stitch unless it had little numbers painted on the canvas, lol! That is an amazing scene!! My SIL cross stitches - she has countless canvas all over her house, and even made one for me with a beach scene ... oh I treasure it!

Darlene, Lynn ... waving hi!

x0x0
Old 06-20-2013, 10:18 AM   #5113
Stazon Splitcoast

Just took a quick picture of the one my SIL sent me - all the way from Germany! my brother is currently stationed there and his wife LOVES Cross-stitch

Lynn, my apologies! I typed my question on your blog before I saw the answer - re: your bike card! DUh! My brain was going slower than my hands were
Attached Images
File Type: jpg xstich 002.jpg (65.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg xstich 004.jpg (63.7 KB, 6 views)
mschoener and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:10 PM   #5114
Pearl-ExPert

Lovely beach scene there Kelly wull be back later when my fingers are warm - it's a tad chilly here today - have not been outside to see the thermometer, but I think it will be under 5oC by the feels of it!!
Old 06-20-2013, 12:36 PM   #5115
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm still in awe that our weather is so vastly different but then again, we're in different seasons, lol!!

SUMMER and then some here - oh man, this heat!!

Speaking of HEAT .......... apparently dh is allowing dd16 to have a little 'game day' party - burgers, dogs, games and then later, watching The Heat ....... mama will be snoring by 10 pm, I'm sure - he can supervise, ROFL!! I think he's feeling bad about the weekend events but eh ..... it's life, right? God is in control, I say!

Maxine, YOURS is just as lovely as can be and that is one massive cross-stitch! I'm in awe. And CRACKED UP at what your dh said, LOL!!!!!

Hugs!!
Old 06-20-2013, 01:06 PM   #5116
Pearl-ExPert

Just popped my head outdoors, and our sheltered thermometer is reading 2 oC (37 oF) with a wind so no frost, and currently no rain.............
Old 06-20-2013, 02:30 PM   #5117
Pearl-ExPert

Maxine, I was thinking about how cold it was for you and had soup of lunch today!!!!! LOL! It was pretty warm and toasty too. I did have to turn the AC up a little though!!! Stay warm.

Kelly, a game party sounds like fun!! We'll just have to wait and see how it turns out I guess. The newspaper today was not very encouraging I'm afraid - but you just never know. Hope the kids have a great time.

That's a fabulous cross stitch she sent you!!! SO PRETTY! Y'all are really making me want to start another one now!

Maggie, sorry I missed telling you before you left - but if you get to read this, have a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had my last trip to the dentist this morning (to the tune of $400.00 today). I'd already paid him $340.00 for cleaning and fixing the other filling........Grrrrrr........Oh well, gotta keep my teeth as long as I can!

Going to try and craft a little bit tomorrow - wish me luck on finding some time!
Old 06-20-2013, 06:13 PM   #5118
Pearl-ExPert

I have just discovered a large chip off a tooth so next week I will be back to the dentist.........
Old 06-21-2013, 05:27 AM   #5119
Stazon Splitcoast

Ouchie for the tooth problems!! My dh is constantly at the dentist, we've already passed the 5K mark His teeth are in a bad, bad shape and he's only 50. Poor man. ((( Maxine and Lynn ))) I DO NOT like the dentist, I shudder just at the thought!

We took dd16 (the Monday after you know what!) to the surgeon for her wisdom teeth. Her dentist said they needed out NOW. The surgeon said they are very impacted. I'm torn on what to do becuase her sisters were taken out last year (2 nearly out, 2 impacted but not badly) but she's saying all four of Chrissy's are? So should we wait? She said no, the roots aren't that long - it will be easier. But we have to go IN further to get them - ugh! I get chills just thinking of it!!!!!!!!!! I have to pray on this one!

Pool/pizza party this afternoon, says my daughter 18 ...... taking my son to get his glasses. Poor baby. He kept saying he was 'blind' and I thought he meant for reading - turns out at 8, he is 20/60! He wants a pair of Harry Potter glasses ...... LOL!

Lynn, condolences on the Spurs I thought they played a MAGNIFICENT game. You could tell how badly they wanted it. I nearly choked up during LeBron's MVP speech - " I'm just a kid from the inner city - I shouldn't even be here." So our city is definitely celebrating today.

I hope to get crafty later on - been sooooooo long!!

Hugs!
Old 06-21-2013, 01:30 PM   #5120
Pearl-ExPert

Maxine, so sorry you're going to have to sit in that dentist chair now! I'll be thinking about you for sure.
When I was pregnant with my first child, whatever went on in my body was not good at all! Pretty close to every tooth in my mouth got cavities - front and back! They were all along the gum line. Anyway, over the years I've noticed that some of them have fallen out, gotten chipped, etc. Finally had a dentist tell me that they dentist that did all my teeth way back when, used a new type of filling - and they're found that over the years they all start falling out!!!!!!!!! Needless to say they don't use that type of filling anymore. So there's where my dental problems always arise! Oh well. I tell my daughter that SHE should be paying my dental visits instead of me since she's the one that caused all this! LOLOLOL!!!!

Kelly, Harry Potter glasses sound like FUN!!!! Go for it!
How awful about your daughters wisdom teeth - double ouch on all that. Guess if they have to go they just have to go. May be better now in case they get worse over time and they have to go deeper to get them out.

Yep, so sad about the Spurs. But, the entire series was so good so I can't complain at all! And Miami has such an awesome team! WOW! Oh well, like I said, it's just a game! (Just wish I was making the money those guys are! LOL!)

Later.................