Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2013, 10:29 AM   #5041
Gabfest Goddess

Waving hello to my fellow addicts!

I've been busy in my "other lives" dealing with some things (too many) but won't bore all of you with details. Just a lot of issues, seemingly coming at once. Here I thought that the only thing I would have on my mind would be my Dad's health. Life surprises us like that, you know?

I've read a bit to catch up but not nearly enough.

Kelly: Congrats on DD's graduation! She is beautiful (saw her pic on another thread) Hope that you are resting up today.

Shelly: Sending prayers for your parents too. It sure is a challenge to help them with health and routine chores when you live such a long distance, isn't it?

Maggie: Said some prayers for your little kitty crew also. Hope that they cooperate with the meds, but I know that it's tough. I sure hope that they work quickly. Glad that the gutter situation was resolved to your satisfaction. Let us know how it works when you get some rain.

Lynn: I'm going to have to go out and buy some Washi tape for the challenge - what a tragedy! I suppose I'll just HAVE to get a few other items as well...hehehehe

Waving to all of you & wishing you a great Sunday. I'm off to find my mojo...

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-09-2013, 04:49 PM   #5042
Forum Fanatic

Default Happy Sunday!

Hello and Happy Sunday!

Stephi is back from Australia and hehe- she stayed up last night until 2AM, then slept today until 3:30PM...... I decided to wake her up and she could not believe it was that late- she had plans with her friends at 4:00PM...... Her time adjustment is 14 hours.

I got a little creative today- yeah! I need to make a few cards, but I am just not motivated. Last night, we watched the Blackhawks- yeah- headed to the Stanley Cup. The lady that sits next to me at work is a die hard fan! Hubby says he is going to try to get a ticket for Wednesdays game- they are going for around $400-800. I would rather stay home and create : )

Oh I did not get to say goodbye to Jeanette- I hope her trip is most successful!

Darlene- will keep you in prayers : ) I hope everything smooths out quickly. Yes, it is hard being far away from parents- I sure wish they would move a bit closer...... I may head back down with Stephi for a day or two just so she can visit with them.

Lynn- I got assigned a technique with Washi tape next Newsletter by the Technique Junkies......I do not have a ton- so may have to go looking for some.

I posted a card using Washi tape- I got a box at Target with basic plain colors- about 8 reels I think. In order to match it, I colored over it with Copic marker...... i will make another for our challenge.

Kelly- I hope you have a day or two to regroup and relax! Oh the fun of summer- when the kids eat three meals at home and leave the dishes for Mom...... Oh summer- it sure is a nice season though! Saw your grad pic on FB too- she looks like you, doesn't she???

Maggie- wow- poor kitty! Do they give you discounts for the cats? They are at the vet alot! Glad they have someone like you to stay on top of all of their needs! I sure hope the leak in the Washer does not recur..... I would have to call help too- I have no clue how to fix much- although you-tube has about everything on it these days.

Maxine- it is funny to think you are getting cold weather there when we are just warming up. The flowers are blooming and the cottonwood is floating around- I stayed in today because of it....when it is out, I am in....hehehe
Glad your kitty got a good health check- how old do cats usually get? Our dog is 12 and his breed usually lives to be about 15....... He is still going strong too! He does have days where he shows his age though.

Waving hi to everyone else!

Shelly
Old 06-09-2013, 05:41 PM   #5043
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
Good afternoon! Catching up on laundry, stamping (gasp!), reading and letting the kids generally run amuck! You should see my kitchen! Holy Hanna - they made bacon and omelets and left the dishes for moi - thank you very much! ;/ They are all heading out to the pool in a bit and I'm going to sweep, mop and then I'm DONE - its' a day of rest, right? LOL!

Maggie, glad kitty is all better - you are so dedicated! I called our vet the other day to make an appt for their yearly shots and they informed me the prices went so much higher, time to find a new vet, I think We've been doing the same pill thing but I just put it down their throats - nice pleasant, but that's how the vet does it and our dogs won't eat it no matter what we disguise it in, LOL!

I hope to visit blogs today, too - I'm so far behind! Dd starts college orientation TOMORROW! Omgosh. It's moving way too fast ~ but onward she goes.

Big hugs!
Glad your kids had a good time yesterday.

Oh Kelly, Kittys are not all better. Maggie Mae is taking meds for Feline Herpesvirus and Paisley is taking meds for a bacteria infection, plus she has arthritis. At least she likes the arthritis chewy. I had a pretty hard time with Paisley tonight getting the pills down her. She has to take 1 1/2 pills and they won't fit in a pill popper. I did read online today to crush them and then put them in a syringe with water and then squirt that in their mouth. I'm going to try that tomorrow.

I don't usually take mine to the vet since they are strictly indoor cats.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 06-09-2013, 05:46 PM   #5044
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcardmaking View Post
Waving hello to my fellow addicts!

I've been busy in my "other lives" dealing with some things (too many) but won't bore all of you with details. Just a lot of issues, seemingly coming at once. Here I thought that the only thing I would have on my mind would be my Dad's health. Life surprises us like that, you know?

I've read a bit to catch up but not nearly enough.

Kelly: Congrats on DD's graduation! She is beautiful (saw her pic on another thread) Hope that you are resting up today.

Shelly: Sending prayers for your parents too. It sure is a challenge to help them with health and routine chores when you live such a long distance, isn't it?

Maggie: Said some prayers for your little kitty crew also. Hope that they cooperate with the meds, but I know that it's tough. I sure hope that they work quickly. Glad that the gutter situation was resolved to your satisfaction. Let us know how it works when you get some rain.

Lynn: I'm going to have to go out and buy some Washi tape for the challenge - what a tragedy! I suppose I'll just HAVE to get a few other items as well...hehehehe

Waving to all of you & wishing you a great Sunday. I'm off to find my mojo...
Hope you're able to handle all the "stuff" on your plate right now Darlene.

Thanks for the prayers for my kitties. They can use it. No, they don't cooperate.

We got rain today and the gutter seemed to work fine. When I went out tonight, there was a lot of pecan tree pollen jammed up inside the downspout. There is a seive thing on top so junk doesn't get inside. Took a little time to clear that out.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-09-2013, 05:56 PM   #5045
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
Hello and Happy Sunday!

Stephi is back from Australia and hehe- she stayed up last night until 2AM, then slept today until 3:30PM...... I decided to wake her up and she could not believe it was that late- she had plans with her friends at 4:00PM...... Her time adjustment is 14 hours.

I know you're glad to have her home. How did she like Australia? I'm sure the time difference is going to take some getting used to for a day or two.

I got a little creative today- yeah! I need to make a few cards, but I am just not motivated. Last night, we watched the Blackhawks- yeah- headed to the Stanley Cup. The lady that sits next to me at work is a die hard fan! Hubby says he is going to try to get a ticket for Wednesdays game- they are going for around $400-800. I would rather stay home and create : )

I need to make cards too, but haven't had the time. Oh my, he would actually spend that much on a ticket???????

Oh I did not get to say goodbye to Jeanette- I hope her trip is most successful!

Darlene- will keep you in prayers : ) I hope everything smooths out quickly. Yes, it is hard being far away from parents- I sure wish they would move a bit closer...... I may head back down with Stephi for a day or two just so she can visit with them.

Lynn- I got assigned a technique with Washi tape next Newsletter by the Technique Junkies......I do not have a ton- so may have to go looking for some.

Can't wait to see what you create with the Washi tape.

I posted a card using Washi tape- I got a box at Target with basic plain colors- about 8 reels I think. In order to match it, I colored over it with Copic marker...... i will make another for our challenge.

Kelly- I hope you have a day or two to regroup and relax! Oh the fun of summer- when the kids eat three meals at home and leave the dishes for Mom...... Oh summer- it sure is a nice season though! Saw your grad pic on FB too- she looks like you, doesn't she???

Maggie- wow- poor kitty! Do they give you discounts for the cats? They are at the vet alot! Glad they have someone like you to stay on top of all of their needs! I sure hope the leak in the Washer does not recur..... I would have to call help too- I have no clue how to fix much- although you-tube has about everything on it these days.

Maxine- it is funny to think you are getting cold weather there when we are just warming up. The flowers are blooming and the cottonwood is floating around- I stayed in today because of it....when it is out, I am in....hehehe
Glad your kitty got a good health check- how old do cats usually get? Our dog is 12 and his breed usually lives to be about 15....... He is still going strong too! He does have days where he shows his age though.

Waving hi to everyone else!

Shelly
Well, I actually get a senior discount when I take them in, but they have not really been at the vet in years. I don't usually take them because it's so traumatic to them. Reggie went in January when she was sick and had to be put down; then Chancey got sick in April and same result. I then took Paisley in for an ov since she hadn't been there in years and I wanted to make sure she was okay. Ended up she had a bacterial infection. Then I had to take them to board while I was having the windows done. Then Maggie Mae got sick. If I knew it was only going to take 4 hours to do the windows, I would have crated them at home and not taken them to the vet.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-09-2013, 07:30 PM   #5046
Die Cut Diva

Glad to see everyone checking in.

Shelly, that's great about Stephanie being home! Know you're enjoying that.

Darlene, hope things settle down soon for you. Life can get so busy and complicated at times.

Kelly, glad you and the kids can relax a bit for the summer. Know how hectic school year must be.

Maggie, so sorry about the kitties having to take all the meds. Hopefully this will heal them though.

Maxine, like Shelly, it's so hard to think of you having winter when we're hot around here! Stay warm!!!

I've been a complete bum all weekend. Yesterday, I didn't do anything except read a book. Then today we had company come around noon, got everyone fed, they left, read some more, then watched the Spurs. (Ok, Kelly.....we're even now - Miami has one win and the Spurs have one!!! LOL!) Jim gets mad at me when I say this but - I really don't think the Spurs can beat Miami to win the finals!) Oh well......... the rest of this week is taken up with doctors/dentist appointments.......UGH! They all seem to hit at once for us!

Shelly, I assume the Blackhawks is an ice hockey team??????? I never watch that so don't really know anything about it. My son, who lives in Dallas, loves to go watch it though and they go to quite a few games up there (but know the tickets don't cost anywhere near that around Dallas - maybe if they were headed to some type of playoff though).

Will check in tomorrow........gotta take Rambo to the vet in the morning (foot problem of some kind) and then off to the city for Jim a doctors appointment.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:04 AM   #5047
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts!

Sorry about all the appointments this week Lynn. I know that means a lot of driving back and forth.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-10-2013, 12:25 PM   #5048
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

checkin in! Just got back from all the pick ups. Dd14 apparently loves her new high school and this week's worth of orientation (It is a week long, an acclamation of sorts!) DD18 says hers is dragging on and on and just wants to get to the dorm to sleep, lol! Camp went well and my morning was totally unproductive! ;/

I thought about you Maggie with your vet trips, too - and how costly it must be. I am dreading taking our doggies. We have just the two and it's nearly $450.00! That's a check up, shots, wormings, rabies PLUS rabies tags ... it's just too much. I called around this morning and found another vet and they were only $110 per dog, tag and visit included so ummmm, time to switch, I think! But we love our fur babies, right? Sometimes we have to do what is needed and take them in - I always said when they became ours, and we promised them a "furever" home, we did it with good intentions all the way around!

Shelly - how are things? Darlene - any updates? Maxine - hi! Still need to get to the blogs! Hope EVERYONE is doing well!!

Lynn - LOL on the game - I didn't even watch the 2nd one, I really don't follow it just had to root on the home team. As Mags said, may the best team win!

DD needs to head to the grocery store so I'm scootin' for now!
Old 06-10-2013, 12:34 PM   #5049
Die Cut Diva

Checking back after driving to the city for a five minute appointment for Jim. Tomorrow is actually a FREE DAY!!! Yea! I so need that right now. Then Wednesday, a doc appointment for me, Thursday I hit the dentist chair, Friday I have to go to Seguin (another 2 hours driving) for a meeting, Saturday we go back to Seguin to watch Jim's grandson play in his all-star baseball game! But hey, I get tomorrow off!!!! Then on Monday, I have to drink that crud so I can get the old rota-rooter colon job done......NOT looking forward to that one at all!!!!

Had to take Rambo to the vet before hitting the city. Poor thing pulled one of his toenails away from the foot. Got it all fixed up, clipped the rest, and had his foot bandaged up. What a day already. Kelly, that terrible to have to pay that much for your dogs. I think when we get all of that done, it's about $140.00. Bad enough I guess but we do love those little animals.

I don't have a DOTW today - anything you'd like to talk about?????
Old 06-10-2013, 12:55 PM   #5050
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
checkin in! Just got back from all the pick ups. Dd14 apparently loves her new high school and this week's worth of orientation (It is a week long, an acclamation of sorts!) DD18 says hers is dragging on and on and just wants to get to the dorm to sleep, lol! Camp went well and my morning was totally unproductive! ;/

I thought about you Maggie with your vet trips, too - and how costly it must be. I am dreading taking our doggies. We have just the two and it's nearly $450.00! That's a check up, shots, wormings, rabies PLUS rabies tags ... it's just too much. I called around this morning and found another vet and they were only $110 per dog, tag and visit included so ummmm, time to switch, I think! But we love our fur babies, right? Sometimes we have to do what is needed and take them in - I always said when they became ours, and we promised them a "furever" home, we did it with good intentions all the way around!

Shelly - how are things? Darlene - any updates? Maxine - hi! Still need to get to the blogs! Hope EVERYONE is doing well!!

Lynn - LOL on the game - I didn't even watch the 2nd one, I really don't follow it just had to root on the home team. As Mags said, may the best team win!

DD needs to head to the grocery store so I'm scootin' for now!
We do have a place here S.N.A.P. that does low cost vaccinations for dogs and cats. That is where I take them for their spay/neuter and first shots, but once they are home and vaccinated from the start, I don't take them in every year. It is very traumatic for them as you can see from what happened to Maggie. If they show signs of illness, then of course, I take them, but since they are Inside Only cats there really isn't the need for all those extraneous vet visits and shots.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-10-2013, 07:03 PM   #5051
Die Cut Diva

Maggie, that's great that you don't have to pay an arm and leg to have the cats vaccinated and spayed/neutered. We've had our cat for about 10 years now - an outside/inside cat (stays outside all the time but comes in to eat) and we've only had her vaccinated once.....and she's only been to the vet once! Amazing I know. She really stays outside most of the time, but I've noticed as she's gotten older she wants to stay inside. Especially when it's really cold or really hot. Think they're kinda like a human and as they get older can't take the cold or heat like when younger. LOL!

Well, so much for my "free day" tomorrow! Jim just informed me while ago that we need to get a tree limb down and chopped up. Bummer!!! That's going to take half the day right there since it's huge! It partially fell during some high winds we had and really needs to come on down now. Never ending story around here it seems.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:58 PM   #5052
Forum Fanatic

Default Monday 6/10

Ewwww Lynn- that does not sound too relaxing at all...... Do you have an electric saw- how do you chop this limb down? Do you save the limb for firewood? Sounds like a guys job to me.... : 0

I am off work tomorrow-yeah- one more day then an entire week off..... I have some stamping assignments to get done- I am loving the look of the new techniques, so it will be loads of fun!

Maggie- we have never taken our dog in for boarding- afraid of the kennel cough we hear about. We have a neighbor babysit...... WOW- 4 hours is really fast for windows! How is the putting it all back together going?

Kelley- you're relaxing post school schedule still sounds busy to me : )

Lynn- best of luck with all of your appointments- hope everything comes out OK!

Shelly
Old 06-11-2013, 03:18 AM   #5053
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Maggie, that's great that you don't have to pay an arm and leg to have the cats vaccinated and spayed/neutered. We've had our cat for about 10 years now - an outside/inside cat (stays outside all the time but comes in to eat) and we've only had her vaccinated once.....and she's only been to the vet once! Amazing I know. She really stays outside most of the time, but I've noticed as she's gotten older she wants to stay inside. Especially when it's really cold or really hot. Think they're kinda like a human and as they get older can't take the cold or heat like when younger. LOL!

Well, so much for my "free day" tomorrow! Jim just informed me while ago that we need to get a tree limb down and chopped up. Bummer!!! That's going to take half the day right there since it's huge! It partially fell during some high winds we had and really needs to come on down now. Never ending story around here it seems.
Sorry that you lost your free day. Maybe you'll get that limb all chopped up quickly and still have time for yourself. It is best to take it down if it's hanging there so it doesn't fall on someone later.

Yep there's always something.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-11-2013, 03:21 AM   #5054
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
Ewwww Lynn- that does not sound too relaxing at all...... Do you have an electric saw- how do you chop this limb down? Do you save the limb for firewood? Sounds like a guys job to me.... : 0

I am off work tomorrow-yeah- one more day then an entire week off..... I have some stamping assignments to get done- I am loving the look of the new techniques, so it will be loads of fun!

Maggie- we have never taken our dog in for boarding- afraid of the kennel cough we hear about. We have a neighbor babysit...... WOW- 4 hours is really fast for windows! How is the putting it all back together going?

Kelley- you're relaxing post school schedule still sounds busy to me : )

Lynn- best of luck with all of your appointments- hope everything comes out OK!

Shelly
When I'm gone on vacation, I also have someone who comes and takes care of the kitties inside and outside. Especially the outside ones need to be fed twice a day since their food doesn't last all day. Anything they don't eat, the birds will.

I haven't been able to really start putting it back together yet until the window coverings go back up and that won't be until Thursday night.

I do have some fabulous news! I won that Fairy Challenge that I asked you all to vote on for me! Well, I WON! And the best part is my prize. I will get the next Fairy release (3 images) for free, but the really best part is that I will get to help Simply Betty design the 3 Fairies - what they look like, the theme for them, and also one of them will be named after me, so there will be a Maggie Fairy! Isn't that FABULOUS. I'm so excited about this. I knew I wanted to win, but I had no idea what the prize was going to be.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-11-2013, 05:17 AM   #5055
Die Cut Diva

OMGosh!!!!! Maggie, that's AWESOME!!!!! Congrats big time on that win. So proud of you but then again, you had such a pretty, pretty card! Be sure and let us all know what kind of designs you come up with and can't wait to see the Maggie Fairy!!!!!! Fantastic!!

Shelly, yes, we have a chain saw. I'm just the poor laborer in all this I think.....Jim uses the chain saw to cut the limb up and then I have to do all the hauling!! Some of it we'll use for the BBQ pit (have to saw those in small pieces and haul to the pit) and then some will just get burned. Guess it's good exercise! HA!!!!!!!

Later...........
mschoener likes this post.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:41 AM   #5056
Stazon Splitcoast

OMG, Maggie - congrats!!! That is most awesome!!!! So proud of you girl - your cards ROCK!! (and I still pet the one you sent me IRL!!) Maggie Fairy will be GOR-GEOUS!!

Hi all! Just picked up dd from orientation - off to get the two from camp. I'm SOOO tired today! I didn't sleep well last night (dd16 was at a party and WAY across town- takes an hour just to get there, one way!) and then dh was making so much noise getting ready for work, lol.

Ladies, I'm looking for THIS ... but will not pay 6.50 for shipping for a 12 item!! Has anyone come across this die or know what other companies may sell it?
https://www.mftstamps.com/index.php?...c%20instaframe

I soooo need it for dd's grad album!!!!!!!!!

Exercise - eeek! I'm usually so good at it. But off the wagon big time! I scheduled a dr appt for Friday and already know he is going to yell at me - gaining 30 pounds since my last appt

Hugs!
Old 06-11-2013, 10:46 AM   #5057
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
OMG, Maggie - congrats!!! That is most awesome!!!! So proud of you girl - your cards ROCK!! (and I still pet the one you sent me IRL!!) Maggie Fairy will be GOR-GEOUS!!

Hi all! Just picked up dd from orientation - off to get the two from camp. I'm SOOO tired today! I didn't sleep well last night (dd16 was at a party and WAY across town- takes an hour just to get there, one way!) and then dh was making so much noise getting ready for work, lol.

Ladies, I'm looking for THIS ... but will not pay 6.50 for shipping for a 12 item!! Has anyone come across this die or know what other companies may sell it?
https://www.mftstamps.com/index.php?...c%20instaframe

I soooo need it for dd's grad album!!!!!!!!!

Exercise - eeek! I'm usually so good at it. But off the wagon big time! I scheduled a dr appt for Friday and already know he is going to yell at me - gaining 30 pounds since my last appt

Hugs!
How big do you need the opening to be? Can't you just cut it yourself? Or do you have a large punch or coluzzle? I wouldn't buy it either for just one item. If you Google it, all you come up with is the MFT Die.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:56 AM   #5058
Pearl-ExPert

I have seen this type of frame made with a square die inside a rectangle die - can you do that Kelly.

Oh that is not a good weight gain Kelly .

Gotta go - I will check back in later - lots has been happening here......
Old 06-11-2013, 12:38 PM   #5059
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks girls -- yes, I just posted to the forum thread and someone gave me the exact instructions to use the square nestie That never even occured to me - LOL! My tired brain can't function past the obvious - hee hee!

Yes, I"m a physically mess! My check ups have been okay as far as my 'girlie stuff' based on my PCOD - the meds, similiar to steroids, cause a huge fluctuation in weight and mine has shot way up in the past two years. I follow WW, exercise (up until 3 weeks ago, it was religious) and yet nothing. I have a thyroid issue and can tell it's probably out of whack, too - guess my dr will fill me in on all the problems - eeek!

I have a FUNNY stamp with just that theme - I may have to go look for it and
get me a card done, lol!

I made the blog rounds - have to finish the last ladies as I'm finishing up some insurance papers to get them in the mail - picked up kids from camp in the middle of my paperwork is a bit counterproductive!
Old 06-11-2013, 12:49 PM   #5060
Pearl-ExPert

Congrats on your win Maggie! Looking forward to seeing what you create!

Lynn, you know I'm feeling for ya with your upcoming procedure. Hope everything comes out all right - LOL! Bad, I know. I'll be thinking about you.

Hugs to everyone with cat/pet and people health issues.

Kelly, I hope you find the die for a reasonable shipping price. I saw that you asked in the announcement thread and I followed some of the links given and a couple of them are more unique than the others. But I am impressed with Maxine's solution using a square and rectangle die!

Waving hello to all you busy, wonderful and talented ladies!

I'm snuggling with DGD. The poor thing has foot/hand/mouth disease and she is miserable.

I miss my craft room when I am not at home, but haven't been too creative lately anyway!

Old 06-11-2013, 01:34 PM   #5061
Stazon Splitcoast

Aw Paige - happy baby snuggles!!! I have heard of f/h/m disease but mine never caught that - I'm sure your snuggles will help! Enjoy! And it's good to see you popping in!

Oh girls, guess what I went and did -- mailed a swap ......... TO MYSELF!!!! In a SASE, lol. I'm bummed that I lose the postage, lol, but I guess that's what I get for being overtired and not paying close enough attention! Now I'll be late AND pay double postage - eeek!
Old 06-11-2013, 04:53 PM   #5062
Die Cut Diva

Kelly, I got my instant camera die at Lil Inker designs.....lilinkerdesigns.com. It was $8.95. I'm thinking the shipping was $5.00 but check it out. Also, I think Cheryl over at She Stamps has some type of tutorial using the nesties.
Didn't do the wood chopping today but still was super busy. Someone needs to stop the merry go round!
Paige, hope the little one starts feeling better!!! It's so sad when they're sick. Give her extra hugs and kisses.
Oh, and Paige.... I really didn't need that comment about hoping everything came out alright!!LOL! I've loaded up on Charmin!
Gotta run......the Spurs are starting to play.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:51 PM   #5063
Stazon Splitcoast

Woot! Congrats on your Spurs win, Lynn!! What was up with the Heat's offense tonight!! Y'all totally deserved tonights win!! That triple play was groovy!! Be proud!!
Old 06-11-2013, 08:07 PM   #5064
Die Cut Diva

What a game that one was!!! Jim and I just sat there with our mouth open - couldn't believe it. They played really good but I have a feeling that the Heat are going to come back on Thursday and kick their little behinds! LOL!! Who's even going to remember who won OR who played a year from now!!!! That's what always amazes me about the Super Bowl. They build it up to be such a big deal - and I know I couldn't even tell you who won last year! LOL! I'm sure some of the guys could though. Oh well............it's just a game!
Old 06-12-2013, 05:11 AM   #5065
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
What a game that one was!!! Jim and I just sat there with our mouth open - couldn't believe it. They played really good but I have a feeling that the Heat are going to come back on Thursday and kick their little behinds! LOL!! Who's even going to remember who won OR who played a year from now!!!! That's what always amazes me about the Super Bowl. They build it up to be such a big deal - and I know I couldn't even tell you who won last year! LOL! I'm sure some of the guys could though. Oh well............it's just a game!
It was riveting! We were COLD, stone cold! Like what happened to White Hot! LOL! Someone was definitely sleeping - that was hands down one of the most deserved wins ... like ever! Well played, Spurs!

And a good morning to all! Have a lot of running around to do today. Got an unexpected surprise in the mail yesterday in the form of a check from a claim ... ready for this - 10 years ago!! We had long forgotten about it! I was stunned, looking at it like it was a joke (one of those cash this check and you think it's a real check but it's really to like a club or a sign up program, lol!) I was thanking Jesus over and over - just as dd handed us her college schedule (3 classes) covered with her pre-paid college plan but books, labs, fees, parking decal, etc - all need to be paid out of pocket. I was like let me just sign this over to her college, ROFL!!!

Off to remail the package I mailed to myself

Hugs for all!
Old 06-12-2013, 05:21 AM   #5066
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Thanks girls -- yes, I just posted to the forum thread and someone gave me the exact instructions to use the square nestie That never even occured to me - LOL! My tired brain can't function past the obvious - hee hee!

Yes, I"m a physically mess! My check ups have been okay as far as my 'girlie stuff' based on my PCOD - the meds, similiar to steroids, cause a huge fluctuation in weight and mine has shot way up in the past two years. I follow WW, exercise (up until 3 weeks ago, it was religious) and yet nothing. I have a thyroid issue and can tell it's probably out of whack, too - guess my dr will fill me in on all the problems - eeek!

I have a FUNNY stamp with just that theme - I may have to go look for it and
get me a card done, lol!

I made the blog rounds - have to finish the last ladies as I'm finishing up some insurance papers to get them in the mail - picked up kids from camp in the middle of my paperwork is a bit counterproductive!
Oh, Kelly, I know what you are going through. Similar thing happened with me. I was put on steroids twice years ago and each time packed on 15 pounds. I call steroids the "see food diet" because you want to eat everything you see. Those pounds, I'm telling you, are a killer to get off. That's what I am working on. So far it's been 5 months, and I've only lost 12 pounds, but I'm not starving myself, just trying to eat healthy and do portion control. I hope your doctor has some good pointers for you.

I need to get around to visiting blogs. These past few weeks have been so busy.

Last night I had to be up at the church to help two of the men get started on their genealogy. They were supposed to be there at 7 and didn't get there until 7:35 and then neither one their log in information they needed, so that took up the rest of the time, getting one set up and the other guy couldn't remember his password. Then the one guy I got set up couldn't lot in when he was done. We requested a reset for both of them, but they had to get that from their e-mails at home, so I gave them homework to get their information and get logged in.

Today I have an appointment with SS office to see if I can claim SS on my ex-husband's SS and to see how much I would get from his and whether it is more than I already get. That would be great.

Tonight I have a massage appointment right after work (desparately needed) and then after I get home, I need to go visit a GF. Wonder if there's any crafting time in there?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-12-2013, 05:25 AM   #5067
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
Congrats on your win Maggie! Looking forward to seeing what you create!

Lynn, you know I'm feeling for ya with your upcoming procedure. Hope everything comes out all right - LOL! Bad, I know. I'll be thinking about you.

Hugs to everyone with cat/pet and people health issues.

Kelly, I hope you find the die for a reasonable shipping price. I saw that you asked in the announcement thread and I followed some of the links given and a couple of them are more unique than the others. But I am impressed with Maxine's solution using a square and rectangle die!

Waving hello to all you busy, wonderful and talented ladies!

I'm snuggling with DGD. The poor thing has foot/hand/mouth disease and she is miserable.

I miss my craft room when I am not at home, but haven't been too creative lately anyway!
Thanks Paige. I can't wait either.

Sending get well wishes to your DGD. Hope that clears up soon.

I've really been missing my craft room and I'm home! It's been hard with the house so in turmoil. Hopefully after this weekend things will get better when everything is back in place.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-12-2013, 05:27 AM   #5068
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Aw Paige - happy baby snuggles!!! I have heard of f/h/m disease but mine never caught that - I'm sure your snuggles will help! Enjoy! And it's good to see you popping in!

Oh girls, guess what I went and did -- mailed a swap ......... TO MYSELF!!!! In a SASE, lol. I'm bummed that I lose the postage, lol, but I guess that's what I get for being overtired and not paying close enough attention! Now I'll be late AND pay double postage - eeek!
So sorry Kelly about the SWAP. At least you sent it to yourself. I did have to LOL! about this.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-12-2013, 05:30 AM   #5069
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
It was riveting! We were COLD, stone cold! Like what happened to White Hot! LOL! Someone was definitely sleeping - that was hands down one of the most deserved wins ... like ever! Well played, Spurs!

And a good morning to all! Have a lot of running around to do today. Got an unexpected surprise in the mail yesterday in the form of a check from a claim ... ready for this - 10 years ago!! We had long forgotten about it! I was stunned, looking at it like it was a joke (one of those cash this check and you think it's a real check but it's really to like a club or a sign up program, lol!) I was thanking Jesus over and over - just as dd handed us her college schedule (3 classes) covered with her pre-paid college plan but books, labs, fees, parking decal, etc - all need to be paid out of pocket. I was like let me just sign this over to her college, ROFL!!!

Off to remail the package I mailed to myself

Hugs for all!
WOO HOO for found money. I got a check in the mail from some claim too that I don't remember, but it was only a pittance, not anything like what you got.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-12-2013, 07:16 AM   #5070
Stazon Splitcoast

LOL!!! I guess the only thing I can do is LOL at myself, too My mailman showed up chuckling - instead of putting it in the box, he brought it to the front door with a "really?" look on his face, ha! We are actually good friends but he didn't say a word - just handed me the mailing chuckling. Actually, the swap is returned in a SASE but it actually has to get to the hostess first, ROFL! Ah, what can I do

Off for the afternoon!
Old 06-12-2013, 05:17 PM   #5071
Stazon Splitcoast

YAY, I got crafty again tonight! Two cards, two nights in a row - I'm on a roll! LOL! And I used some washi tape - woot!

Actually we had a REALLY horrendous storm - it was so so bad! Lightening hit right outside my house! It just get booming and bursting all around, I was actually terrified - home alone and the house - at 1 pm - was pitch black!! It looked closer to 10 pm! It seems to have blown over now ~ hopefully it will be gone by tomorrow since I have to drive to the next county to take dd14 to her concert. We got her tickets for her bday back in December to see ........ One DIRECTION! Oh my, should be wild - 10 thousand fans screaming all night for the boy band
Old 06-12-2013, 06:10 PM   #5072
Forum Fanatic

Default Hello

Hello all!

Maggie- congrats on your win! How awesome- please let us know when Maggie Fairy is released : ) Gotta get me one.....!

Kelley....yeah for the check- and boo for the mailing the swap to yourself..... Oh heavens- I could see myself doing that.....!

Oh I cannot eat when I am on Prednisone....it makes me really sick to my stomach........I had to take it twice last year...once for my back and once for an allergic reaction to a mystery bug bite that I had a bad reaction to....... I think it was a spider- and it was at a hotel..... I sent the manager a picture of it, and they refunded my room charge.

It is storming here tonight- we have weather alerts- and the dog is afraid....sticking to me like Glue! Hubby is at the first Blackhawks/Boston Hockey playoff game..... and Stephi is down the street at a friends house ...making dinner- she is a very healthy eater- and makes great meals- but is slow. Glad it is not my kitchen getting messed up tonight.

Paige- sounds like a great job to comfort the baby- too bad about the H/F/M- my kids were fortunate and never caught that.

Shelly
Old 06-12-2013, 06:30 PM   #5073
Die Cut Diva

All you guys that are having storms....stay safe! We only had a little short shower today but then again, something is better than nothing. I think it's storming in a lot of places all over the US right now.

Shelly, sounds like you have the house all to yourself! Sounds nice.

Kelly, I'm all for "found money" too! LOL!! That's great!

Maggie, hope you get things settled down a bit this weekend. Know you want that house back in order.

Well, I knocked off another appointment today. Tomorrow, get to sit in the dentist chair for an hour or so I'm sure. One thing about it all, I'm getting all this taken care of at once! LOL!

Question: I just got an e-mail titled "you won". When I brought it up it said an e-mail was sent to inform you that you won through inlinkz.com. Said to click on that to see who the sender was. Have y'all ever gotten anything like this before? With all the scams going on out there, I wasn't sure whether to click on it or not. I know the site is good, but still......Just wondering if anyone has gotten one of these before. I usually check back to see if I'd won, but may have missed one.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:22 AM   #5074
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts.

Looks like I'll be going to the vet again! Seems that Casper is now sick with what Maggie Mae has. He's sneezing, coughing, and also has very loose bowels which has been going on for a couple days. Was planning to call the vet today about him anyway. Hope I can just take him in early this morning. Ugh! It's always something.

Lynn, I've never gotten an e-mail like that from Inlinkz, but I'd still be cautious since they call also be hacked. Did you open it and find out what you've won? People are always getting e-mails that look real that are bogus.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-13-2013, 05:16 AM   #5075
Die Cut Diva

Maggie, so sorry about Casper now too! You're probably starting to feel like a doctor having to give all of them medication! Hope this is nothing really serious.

No, I haven't clicked on that link. I went back and checked all the challenges I've entered lately and don't see a thing. Still don't know what to do with this
Old 06-13-2013, 11:07 AM   #5076
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Maggie, so sorry about Casper now too! You're probably starting to feel like a doctor having to give all of them medication! Hope this is nothing really serious.

No, I haven't clicked on that link. I went back and checked all the challenges I've entered lately and don't see a thing. Still don't know what to do with this
Thanks Lynn. No, it's not serious, but could be if left untreated. He has a nasty Bacterial intestinal bug Vet said is sometimes brought on by stress. There's that word again! And he also has the Feline Herpes virus that Maggie Mae has. I don't know why I thought he'd get away without getting this. He got a shot of antibiotics at the vet and some pills to take. Luckily he'll take them in a pill pocket so it won't be such a problem with him. She also gave him a one-time dose of the other meds for the FHV so I don't have to worry about giving that to him too. He should be feeling better in a day or so.

It is so frustrating! Hopefully they will all be well by the time I go to CA next Thursday.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-14-2013, 08:24 AM   #5077
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all, late check in! I just got in from the Dr - and my motto for the day is "Gettin' old aint for sissies!" LOL! I'm falling apart! I really liked the new NP I saw today (the dr is so ridiculously backed up so I prefer to see the assistant, and apparently she is new!) SUCH a sweet lady, very thorough and kind ~ she gave me some scripts for aches and pains and requested an xray on my throbbing constantly in pain hip. I am not going to like what it says, I'm sure - the pain keeps me up at night and I barely sleep as it is. She said they have gotten good reviews on gluco-someting something type of meds so crossing my fingers. ANd YAY, I'm down 8 pounds!!!!!!!!!! That was a nice incentive!

Maggie, I'm so sorry for your kitty troubles. They are such precious pies. I was reminded when I brought a stray cat home from where I used to work as a teen and my parents throwing a fit - he was a mess - a HUGE 17 pound red tabby, very beat up and in rough shape (missing teeth, just generally looking miserable) I took him to the vet and they said he had what they called then Feline AIDS? Although not transferable to humans, it was highly contagious to other cats and I had a female cat at the time. I took him in anyway and kept them seperate and he lived another 4 years because we took him in ~ he was a total sweetheart. I named him Big Red

Well I partied all night at the One Direction concert!! We got home at nearly 12:30 am and this 'ol mama is not up for those kinds of nights, ROFL!! But it was fun, dd14 had a blast and now we're done for the year, I hope!

Hugs for all!
Old 06-14-2013, 01:55 PM   #5078
Die Cut Diva

LOL! Kelly, I'm sure you have a LONG way to go before you start falling apart! Hope they can figure out what's going on with your hip, etc. It's not fun going to doctors though - at all!!!

The concert sounds like fun! Know y'all have a great time!

We're actually getting a little rain around here! Showers all over the place even though they don't last long. We've maybe gotten an inch or more - but better than none at all. I keep having to disconnect the computer due to lightening in the area though. Don't want another computer to get zapped!

Will check in later.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:19 PM   #5079
Pearl-ExPert

Oh what weather - we have a 'black frost', frost followed by cloud, and rain forecast, and at the moment we are 6oC (42oF) a tad cool!!

Kelly you are one busy Mama - may it slow down soon for you and may you get some 'beach time'.

Hope your cats are all in recovery mode now, Maggie. Looking forward to seeing 'your' fairy!!

Our old boy is doing well, but the neighbour moved the other day, and her cat was to be transported to her new place (4 hrs away) the following day, only he escaped from where he was being held across town, so we are now waiting for him to turn up back here. He is a big boy and well able to cross town to get here! (and by your standards, we are not a large town, pop 16,000.)

We also have new neighbours on both sides - the rental one side has just been re-tenanted, and they look to be young folk. The other side has been bought by a retired couple whom we have met and get on with.

Hope your dental appointment we well Lynn - and that the time in the chair was restful

Oh Paige, that Hand Foot and Mouth is cruel - my grandies got it and the young one in particular was not very well at all Hope your cuddles helped the situation.

Hi Shelly, hope all is well with you after the storms.

Waving at Paola and praying for Jeanette.

Darlene I hope your 'other life' has calmed somewhat.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:58 PM   #5080
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Hi all, late check in! I just got in from the Dr - and my motto for the day is "Gettin' old aint for sissies!" LOL! I'm falling apart! I really liked the new NP I saw today (the dr is so ridiculously backed up so I prefer to see the assistant, and apparently she is new!) SUCH a sweet lady, very thorough and kind ~ she gave me some scripts for aches and pains and requested an xray on my throbbing constantly in pain hip. I am not going to like what it says, I'm sure - the pain keeps me up at night and I barely sleep as it is. She said they have gotten good reviews on gluco-someting something type of meds so crossing my fingers. ANd YAY, I'm down 8 pounds!!!!!!!!!! That was a nice incentive!

Maggie, I'm so sorry for your kitty troubles. They are such precious pies. I was reminded when I brought a stray cat home from where I used to work as a teen and my parents throwing a fit - he was a mess - a HUGE 17 pound red tabby, very beat up and in rough shape (missing teeth, just generally looking miserable) I took him to the vet and they said he had what they called then Feline AIDS? Although not transferable to humans, it was highly contagious to other cats and I had a female cat at the time. I took him in anyway and kept them seperate and he lived another 4 years because we took him in ~ he was a total sweetheart. I named him Big Red

Well I partied all night at the One Direction concert!! We got home at nearly 12:30 am and this 'ol mama is not up for those kinds of nights, ROFL!! But it was fun, dd14 had a blast and now we're done for the year, I hope!

Hugs for all!
Yep, getting old is for the birds. I also have chronic hip pain. My doctors say it's hip bursitis. It was giving me fits up until about a week ago. I found a recipe online that actually makes the pain go away. It's for Cookie Dough Oatmeal Balls and it REALLY WORKS! I haven't had that hip pain all week. Of course I do have other aches and pains, but just 2 less now. It only seems to work on nerve pain.

Yippee on the weight loss! I can see why with all the running around you do!

Wow! That was so sweet and kind of you to take care of that old, sick kitty for all that time. I'm glad that it didn't affect the kitty you already had, and I know that he was very grateful for your care. You are a blessing. The kitties here seem to be doing better. Not so much sneezing and coughing an d Casper loose bowels seem to be doing better. Speaking of Casper, guess what!!!! I was able to pet Corey twice today!!!!!! One time this morning when I was out feeding them and then again tonight. I couldn't believe that he actually let me not only touch him, but also pet him a few times. He's such a love. I realize though that even if he does get friendly with me, I still probably won't be able to bring him into the house. Paisley now barely tolerates Casper and I know that she would really pitch a fit if I brought his brother into the mix. And not only that, but he's used to being outside and running around and I don't think he'd like being cooped up in the house and I won't have him be and indoor/outdoor kitty. Too much drama for my other kitties and chance of diseases.

Glad that you had a great time at the concert. That's how I feel after I have gone to see TSO every Christmas. My sis and I always stay to meet to meet them and don't get home until quite late. It's a great memory for both of you.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts