Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2013, 07:13 AM   #4961
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
Shelly, thank you dear friend! The concert was unbelievably lovely! The rain held for most of it - light misting at first (it's in a garden, but luckily they have an indoor pavillion) SO MANY people! What an incredible turnout and I'm sure they raised much needed money, bless them. I know dh's last hospitalization nearly cost us our entire savings - and that's WITH insurance. I feel for them!

I'm in for Washi tape challenge! Except if it's before June 10th, I'll be late - ROFL! I just am scrambling to do a million things before graduation but feel free to throw down the challenge! I'll join you at a later date!

I'm LOL at the mustache tape - it's the "in" thing right now I even have a mustache stamp that was sent to me, hee hee! I just tear it off, Lynn - I like the torn washi look. It gives it character, I say

Maggie, now I'm wondering what kind of bird she is! THe babies are HUGE!! I snuck out there before leaving and saw them - two of them, so alert. And today was the first day I saw mommy leave them alone and they awaited her to come back. She did! I thought it was a pigeon based on that hooting type noise I hear - hmmmm!

RAIN! OH MY!! Im terrified of driving in the rain! Like petrified!!!! I cringe everytime I know I have no choice! But in Florida, rainy season is May-November and it's at a seconds notice ~ then gone as quickly!

Have a good night, all - off to bed for me!
x0x0
Glad that the concert went well even with the bit of rain. Fabulous that they raised lots of $$ for the girl's family.

Doves coo a lot! Pigeons are much larger and usually a bluish/purplish/gray sort of color.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-29-2013, 07:15 AM   #4962
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Kelly, the bird looks like a white wing dove. They hunt them here from the first part of Sept. to Nov. Pretty bird and they look similar to a pigeon but are smaller.

Glad the concert went well. Sad about that young girl.

Washi tape challenge - if everyone decides they want to do it I was thinking like maybe giving everyone from now to July 1st.......and just whenever during that time.
Anyone else have input?
Those are the same kind I have coming to my back yard feeder. The only hunters that go after them are the 4-footed furry kind. And once in awhile they manage to snag one of them.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 05-29-2013, 07:17 AM   #4963
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
Back again..... I have been on the computer too much today.....

I am getting an enormous amount of spam...I have the comments on moderation, but get > 10 a day- yesterday 18! Is anyone else getting this on their blogs??? Just wondering.

Washi by July 1st sounds good to me- looks like I will have to use some now.....instead of just look at it...LOL

Kelley- Wahoo- so glad the concert went well! Yeah!

We have a thunderstorm and the lights have been blinking, so I am going to sign off......got back on to go to FB and update family about Dad

Shelly
I don't get many that actually post to my blog. For some reason, they are caught by my spam filter and they go to spam and don't show up on my actual blog post. I get a few, but not nearly that many.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 05-29-2013, 07:19 AM   #4964
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
Love the sound of a washi tape challenge I neeeeed to use mine - I have some I have bought and some given and some from a magazine enclosure..... and have used it once, I think :-0.

So pleased to hear the concert went well - what a blessing for the family.

I can understand your mothers fatigue Shelly - my DH would be the same about wanting to get home - he is a lousy patient when in hospital.!!

Kelly I just hope that the bird(s) do not leave too many 'calling cards' before they leave!!

We were close to snow here yesterday, (although we got some last year, and it usually only falls here about once in five years) and today is glorious and sunny - still a very cold wind though - one good thing, it got the washing dry outside
LOL! I bet that wash did dry pretty fast outside in the cold wind.

Keep your fingers crossed, the new yard man is supposed to come this evening to get everything done outside that I want.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew

Last edited by mschoener; 05-29-2013 at 07:25 AM..
Old 05-29-2013, 07:42 AM   #4965
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcardmaking View Post
Good morning Addicted Friends!!

Washi tape - now there's a topic. About 2 years ago (I think) I saw something somewhere in a book or magazine about Washi tape. At first I had to Google to even know what it was. Then I posted a question in the Tools forum here on SCS asking if anyone was using it, did they like it, where could they buy some, etc.

Had a few replies, but at the time it was only manufactured in Japan (if memory serves) and there was something about the company selling the manufacturing rights to another company...with vague promises of it finally being available in the US after that was all worked out. So I just forgot all about it. Imagine my surprise when it finally hit the card making scene!

Here's the goofy part: I don't own any! LOL But I am totally up for a challenge with it - good reason to go add a few rolls to my stash

Maggie: I cook ribs in the oven all the time. Remove the membrane, cut & rub them about 24 hrs before, line a baking sheet with foil, place ribs on the sheet (single layer, meat side up) and then cover with foil completely. Bake low & slow: 300 degrees for 2 or 2.5 hours. They will fall off the bone! When you take them out they are fully cooked, but we either grill or broil with barbecue sauce. YUM!

There are also lots of recipes for cooking ribs in the crock pot, which I have also tried. It's the same concept: low & slow = tender ribs! In the crock pot we add a little liquid smoke to get the outdoor barbecue flavor in the winter.
Yummy! Thanks for the recipe tips Darlene. Maybe I'll treat myself and make some this weekend in the oven. One slab will be enough to cover lunches all next week.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 05-29-2013, 07:43 AM   #4966
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
Sorry, but one more comment about ribs to add to the mix! DH and I are going to a rib fest this weekend. We have gone every year for the past five years. they have about 8 rib vendors, other deep fried foods and sweets booths and live music, oh and beer too! (Weight Watchers will be put on hold for the weekend!) Fresh air, a cold beer, music and ribs - life is good!

It's in the same town where our DD lives, so we can see grand-baby for awhile too!

I'm in for the Washi challenge! Will have to get my mojo going. I don't have a lot of Washi tape by some standards, but certainly more than I should have. I've actually stopped buying it unless it with coordinating papers or other embellishments that I
I'm buying at the time.
Sounds like a fun weekend for you coming up Paige. Enjoy spending time with DD and grand baby. Get some good snuggles in.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 05-29-2013, 09:16 AM   #4967
Pearl-ExPert

Well, I guess we're going to have a Washi tape challenge! LOL!! It's going to be fun. Let's shoot for July 1st to have it done by and then if you just post on here saying you have it on your blog so we can all come take a look. Or, if anyone else has any suggestions on this, throw it on out here.

I keep staring at this washi I got and nothing is coming to me. It's a good kit this month, cute stamps, great papers, etc.....however, I'm drawing a complete blank! Maybe something will hit in a few days.

Rib Fest!!!!!!!!!!! OMGoodness!!! If Jim found out about this, we'd be taking a road trip in a hurry. He could eat ribs every night of the week! Then thrown in all the fried food, sweets, and beer - and like you said Paige.......life is good! So fun! Wish we were there!

Jim always just cooks the ribs on the BBQ pit. I bought him a gas grill several years ago and he hates it - so it sits all by it's lonesome and he fires up the pit.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:24 AM   #4968
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts... rushing through on my way to a way-too-long-To-Do-List!
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin Twisted Tuesday

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: Camping in the Forest
Old 05-30-2013, 10:15 AM   #4969
Quacker Stamper

Good afternoon Stamp Addicts!

I had my annual physical this morning and so far so good. Will get lab results back next week but everything else was good. I did ask him about my slight insomnia issue. He told me that taking the Melatonin would be okay. I had some concerns about long term. He also said that he had read or heard that 15 minutes of sunlight in the afternoon was supposed to be a help to this. I had never heard that before. He also told me that if neither of these worked that he would be glad to prescribe Lunesta for me. I'm really trying to stay away from prescription drugs if I can help it.

Made arrangements for the gutter and downspouts to be installed on my patio cover next Wednesday. That will be the last home improvement that needs to be done! WOO HOO! Then I can finally sit back and enjoy it for awhile until something else needs to be done.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 05-30-2013, 10:18 AM   #4970
Quacker Stamper

The yard man did come last night. Hooray! He and his helper were there when I got home and had all the work just about done. It all looked great! I did have a bunch of flowering plants that I needed to have stuck in the ground, so he also did those for me. I ended up paying him some extra for the extra work, but he was charging me so little, I was glad to do it. We set up for him to start coming to mow my lawn next Friday and then every other Friday after that. He has someone else in the neighborhood that he does on Fridays so that will work out fine for both of us. It really doesn't matter to me what day he comes as long as he comes!

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 05-30-2013, 11:27 AM   #4971
Pearl-ExPert

Maggie, that's great about your physical!! Good news! Also about the yard man showing up and you being pleased with his work. Keep him happy - set cookies out for them next time! LOL!!!

I'm going to be taking a break from computer/crafting and all that stuff. We're going out of town tomorrow so I won't even be around a computer then, but just need to clear my mind on some things it seems. I won't be away long I'm sure - maybe like Tuesday if possible - and then I'll be back. It's just that I don't feel like I'm creating anything worth posting here lately. I'm hating everything I do and really don't like that feeling - so figured I'd step away from it for a couple of days. I can already tell you I'm not going to be liking the "no computer" bit - but will have to do it anyway. I'll be back!!!
Old 05-30-2013, 01:53 PM   #4972
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Hey ya'll! Rainy day check in! It's pouring so badly that I did not dare get back out to take ds to Karate class - he's like 'that's cool with me!" :O

We do Rib Fest every year!! We love it!! We go to the one put on the Air Force base (closed for AF, but still open as a reserve base) but they have over 100 vendors!! It takes ALL DAY to walk through it - no way to chose, either - you just sample, lol! (Not me, but dh and the kids!) They always have local or country bands playing - super fun. Enjoy, Paige!

Momma birdy seems to have left the babies - who in a matter of days are HUGE!! I think they must be getting ready to leave the nest? They were left alone all day yesterday, the day before they were alone for many hours but she was nearby (as soon as she saw me, she flew back from the tree to the roof, right near the nest as if to say "Hey! I see you!") LOL ... it's been an interesting journey. I have my son documenting it so he'll be able to do a project on it later on

Hugs for all - rushing to create a card and get grad invites in the mail!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:20 PM   #4973
Swapper of the Month - February 2014

Heart

[QUOTE=jimlynn;20183533....It's just that I don't feel like I'm creating anything worth posting here lately. I'm hating everything I do and really don't like that feeling - ....[/QUOTE]

Lynn I received your lovely treasured card yesterday...and ,let me tell you, it sure lifted me up big time! Thank you so very much for your kindness and caring heart...you are a beautiful soul! ♥
Please DO continue on creating...you are so talented indeed and are NOT allowed to be so critical of your beautiful work!

off to bed now...early rising in the morn...leaving at 6:15 for my 8:30 am apptm downtown Vancouver General H to remove my stents...yikes...not too pleasant for sure...but looking forward to spend time w/hubby ,afterwards, playing 'tourists'
.....as we both could use a good break! ;o)

***WAVING TO ALL YOU 'ADDICTED' LOVELIES TOO! ***
Old 05-31-2013, 02:40 AM   #4974
Gallery Gazer

Morning Addicted Friends!

Lynn: have a safe trip and try to enjoy your "non-computer time"! Whenever I completely disengage it's always good for me. But we will miss you!

Maggie: great news from the Dr.! I'll bet you're really looking forward to all of your home and yard jobs being completed. What a great feeling it will be to sit and admire all of it!

Paige: It's great to hear from you again! Hope that all is well in your corner of the world.

Paola: Take care of yourself and continue to heal, ok? PS: I owe you a goodie from your swap. I mailed it from my parents' home and noticed that I forgot to pack a hostess gift to include with my cards. My bad, but I will make it up to you <wink>

Kelly: hoping that the rains end soon and you get back to nice weather for all of your end-of-school ceremonies. Such an exciting time for all of you!

Jeanette: It must be down to crunch time for you to prepare for Thailand. How exciting, but nerve wracking for you. There's always so much to get done before leaving. Hang in there!!

Shelly & Maxine: I always seem to miss "seeing" you online. Big hellos to you both and hoping that this weekend is an enjoyable one for you!

If I've missed anyone, I apologize, it's not intentional. I think I need my second cup of coffee. Have a wonderful day everyone!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 05-31-2013, 02:55 AM   #4975
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Maggie, that's great about your physical!! Good news! Also about the yard man showing up and you being pleased with his work. Keep him happy - set cookies out for them next time! LOL!!!

I'm going to be taking a break from computer/crafting and all that stuff. We're going out of town tomorrow so I won't even be around a computer then, but just need to clear my mind on some things it seems. I won't be away long I'm sure - maybe like Tuesday if possible - and then I'll be back. It's just that I don't feel like I'm creating anything worth posting here lately. I'm hating everything I do and really don't like that feeling - so figured I'd step away from it for a couple of days. I can already tell you I'm not going to be liking the "no computer" bit - but will have to do it anyway. I'll be back!!!
Thanks Lynn. I'll be hoping for more good news when lab results come back next week.

That is a thought. Everyone loves chocolate chip.

Hope you have a lovely weekend on your short trip. And don't be gone too long. You're our rock. As to your work, you do fabulous stuff. Don't be so hard on yourself. We are always our worst critics. See you soon!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 05-31-2013, 02:57 AM   #4976
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sama View Post
Lynn I received your lovely treasured card yesterday...and ,let me tell you, it sure lifted me up big time! Thank you so very much for your kindness and caring heart...you are a beautiful soul! ♥
Please DO continue on creating...you are so talented indeed and are NOT allowed to be so critical of your beautiful work!

off to bed now...early rising in the morn...leaving at 6:15 for my 8:30 am apptm downtown Vancouver General H to remove my stents...yikes...not too pleasant for sure...but looking forward to spend time w/hubby ,afterwards, playing 'tourists'
.....as we both could use a good break! ;o)

***WAVING TO ALL YOU 'ADDICTED' LOVELIES TOO! ***
Glad that you are doing better. Hope all goes well at your appt. today. Enjoy your little break.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 05-31-2013, 03:04 AM   #4977
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts!

Will be leaving work early today to take the 3 kitties the vet for boarding this weekend. It's gonna be pretty quiet around here. I'll pick them back up Monday morning before I go to the office. I am excited about getting the windows in tomorrow!

I went to Bed Bath and Beyond on my way home last night and purchased the drapes and sheers for the living room and a bunch of hardware. I was really surprised that there was only one plain traverse rod available. I guess people don't close their drapes anymore or else they just pull them closed by hand.

I had to order the cellular shades from Penney's because they don't carry the ones I wanted in the store. I'll get them next week and then I'll be good to go getting all the coverings back up.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 05-31-2013, 04:46 AM   #4978

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Lynn, we will miss you, but I hope your wee break will be just what you need to make you feel better about everything. Like others have said, I love your creativity! You are amazing! That being said, I also know it's important to feel good about it ourselves, too. So hopefully you can come home refreshed and excited to be the wonderfully talented woman that you are!

Maggie, how exciting to get good news at the doctor, a great yard man, and home updates, too. I am happy for you! Hopefully you and your kitties will do okay away from each other this weekend!

Kelly, that Rib Fest sounds fun!

Darlene, yes, it is CRUNCH time......... I go to St. Louis tomorrow where the team will gather to pack the team suitcases. EEK!!! Time is nearly here.

Sweet P, you're in my thoughts today - hopefully it's not too rough and you and DH will have fun being tourists.

Hugs for all!!!

Old 05-31-2013, 06:10 AM   #4979
Stazon Splitcoast

In Honor of my dds African themed banquet and awards ceremony this weekend, we're getting a WILD Friday greeting!

Happy day, everyone! We've got one show, two banquet/awards and then we're hoe free. Dh and I are sneaking off to see "Now You See Me" movie tonight for some much needed R & R. I hope I can stay awake, it looks SO good!

Safe travels to those traveling around ~ I'll check back in on Monday. One more week of school for the girls - WOOT!
Old 05-31-2013, 07:00 AM   #4980
Stazon Splitcoast

Made my blog rounds - whew! I'm embarrassed that my blog has like 3 posts a month now when it was 3 a week! Eeek!

I noticed that many of you have the comment moderator on now -- is that due to the Spam? Or what did I miss in my days away, LOL!??? I have a ridiculous increase but most of it goes to the Spam folder - a few sneak through once in awhile and I just delete it. I have heard many sites/bloggers/challenge places say if it's on, they won't leave a way to reach you or a comment, etc ... I guess I just figure I can delete it if it's not meant to be there.

What I did notice is that all of this started - including that virus I caught that crashed my pc - was when I 'signed up' for Bloglovin. Anyone else notice a correlation?
Old 06-01-2013, 08:14 AM   #4981
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts!

They finally got here to do the windows. They were trying to call me at my office, but we did get connected after a couple phone calls to the Window World office. The head guy said that they'd be done in about 4 hours. Well, if things go the same as he told me when they would get here, that means it'll take 5-6 at least.

No A/C since I have no windows. It's not so hot out, but it is pretty humid. Trying to decide what to do with myself. I brought my Copics and some images out here to play with, but it's kind of hard to concentrate with all the banging and glass breakage going on.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 06-01-2013, 08:18 AM   #4982
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Made my blog rounds - whew! I'm embarrassed that my blog has like 3 posts a month now when it was 3 a week! Eeek!

I noticed that many of you have the comment moderator on now -- is that due to the Spam? Or what did I miss in my days away, LOL!??? I have a ridiculous increase but most of it goes to the Spam folder - a few sneak through once in awhile and I just delete it. I have heard many sites/bloggers/challenge places say if it's on, they won't leave a way to reach you or a comment, etc ... I guess I just figure I can delete it if it's not meant to be there.

What I did notice is that all of this started - including that virus I caught that crashed my pc - was when I 'signed up' for Bloglovin. Anyone else notice a correlation?
I haven't noticed any problem since I signed up for Bloglovin.

I can understand with the challenge threads not wanting people to have the comment thing on where you have to type in the right letters or numbers. When you're trying to comment on a lot of posts, that takes up a lot of time. I don't usually mind and will leave a comment even with that on.

I had an old HS GF friend request me on FB today. That was such a surprise because I've been looking for her for awhile since I connected with another GF from HS a few months back. The 3 of us used to hang around together.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 06-01-2013, 09:31 AM   #4983
Stazon Splitcoast

Aw, Maggie - here's to crafting through the hammering, lol! Put in some earbuds and tune it out!

I did that for nearly 2.5 months while dh built me the crafting Cabana! He moved my desk temporarily the front living room - there I was coloring and crafting (on a limited space and supplies since they were packed up!) on this tiny little desk and the workers would walk by, staring, like "what IS she doing?" LOL! I had one finally ask me, are you an artist? Author? Illustrator? He didn't speak English and just could not grasp the concept that it was not for a book, that I was making cards. No matter how many times I told him, he just stared like "why?" LOL! I made him a pack of cards to take with him when he left for whomever (I have Spanish stamps and sentiments for times just like these!) and he was smiling from ear to ear, looking at them up and down like he had won the lottery. I think I actually managed to impress someone for once, lol!!! It was sooo funny. Clearly he had no idea what homemade cards or swaps were otherwise he wouldnt' have given it a second glance, LOLOL!!!

I'm just getting in from dropping dd off at rehearsal, dd14 to her hair appt, slap on some makeup to get back out the door for the show at 6 and completely forgot the pups were supposed to get vaccines today!!! Ay yi yi. I will have to reschedule and hope they don't charge me for breaking the appt 2 hours before

In happier news, the birdies have flown away. I say happy in a good way, though I was SO VERY SAD to see one gone from the nest yesterday and the other there all alone. One of the pigeons (my neighbor confirmed they were indeed that?!!) was larger than the other and was walking the balance of the top of the shutters. The smaller one stayed in the nest and didn't move, I think waiting on mommy to come back. The next day, the larger one was gone. I saw mommy later in the afternoon on the neighbors fence, but she never came back, neither did the sibling. The smaller one stayed alone all day, then all night, then all the next day including in the monsoon rains. We looked this morning and it was gone - hopefully, they are instinctual and will do what birdies know how to do!

WTG on finding your FB friend!! YAY for happy endings!

I'm hoping I won't have any more issues with bloglovin but my google reader is still on so that is a good thing, lol! I have a ridiculous amount of SPAM every day in my spam folder, and it's always from the same company!
Old 06-01-2013, 11:56 AM   #4984
Pearl-ExPert

Kelly, my move to bloglovin' didn't make any difference to the incoming spam numbers (thankfully), and over all I don't get a lot, but when I do it seems to come in waves.

Life here has turned cold and bleak in a hurry - long hot summer, warm dry-ish fall and now winter has hit with avengeance I shouldn't complain, we have a warm dry house and my studio also has heating .

Darlene -Great to see you here the other day - was the second coffee good?

Paola - I pray your trip and procedure went well

Shelly - it's always fun to hear what you have been up to

Lynn - I hope your break is refreshing and revitalising

Kelly - I pray all goes well with this coming week and then you can R-E-L-A-X!! Loved your story of colouring while the cabana was built.

Maggie - I hope all goes well with your new windows and blinds, and your kitty's come home happy

Jeanette my prayers are with you as you travel.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:43 PM   #4985
Forum Fanatic

Hello ladies! I am down in Kentucky- the Bluegrass state again at my parents home. Dad is home and we celebrated their 58th Wedding Anniv today with a mass and went to a hibachi type restaurant after church. It was so nice and quite filling : ) I will head home Tuesday afternoon and will be stamping Wed and back to work Thursday.

Lynn- I too hope you have a relaxing break- and yes, you are our rock!

Maxine- how cold is it there??? Hubby says it is going to get down to 45 tonight.......really? It was beautiful in Ky today- 74 and not too humid : )

Kelly- some other bloggers think it is actually Pintrest that is generating all of the spam- are you on Pintrest? I am on Bloglovin though.....

Darlene -Glad to see you poppin in!

Jeanette- the trip will be here before you know it- and I will be keeping you in prayers!!!

Paola - I hope your procedure has the best outcome!

Maggie - I hope the weekend is good and productive with your coloring and creating. And, that you will enjoy the new windows! You are going to look back and think- WOW did I get alot done this Spring!!!

Paige- are you getting snuggle time???

Shelly
Old 06-03-2013, 02:25 AM   #4986
Gallery Gazer

Hello Addicted Friends!

Big weekend here, but no crafting time for me. (quite the dry spell - a month since I've made a single card - yikes!)

Saturday was filled with miscellaneous indoor little projects, and the trip to Home Depot to get the supplies for the projects. Sunday was more of the same after church and a special church meeting that we had. The heat & humidity was too great to get anything done outside, so it was mostly inside work, although some did require people in the attic - NOT fun, too hot!

Our son, daughter and her boyfriend all were here to help, so then it was dinner for everyone too. Before you know it, it was 9 pm & time for this old gal to go to sleep!

I haven't noticed any connection between Bloglovin & spam. Although I hardly have any followers on my bitty blog, so I don't get exposed to much spam.

Maggie, you'll have to tell us how the window installation went. Hopefully all gets back to normal soon!

Shelly: I'm glad that you had a good time with your parents for their 58th! And that the weather was so nice, what a bonus. My parents just had their 60th, but it was eclipsed by my Dad's surgeries. I think I'll send them something in a week or so, when they are in a better frame of mind to enjoy it.

Lynn, looking forward to hearing from you when you return! Hopefully your time away refreshes your mind and soul. Hugs!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 06-03-2013, 04:13 AM   #4987

Whew! It's good to be here! Internet problems (due to a storm) kept me away for a while; then I couldn't seem to get logged back into SCS. I'm not sure what that was about.

Kelly, I'm curious... I'd never heard that DT/Companies, etc wouldn't leave a comment with the moderation on, which truthfully doesn't make sense to me because it doesn't cause them one bit extra effort. Plus, I've commented on blogs that have moderation and I've never been able to see before I left my comment that they even had it set up for owner moderation. What am I missing here?

I had well over 1,000 spam comments on my blog in a month's time... didn't notice it until they'd accumulated, because they put it on blog posts that were about a week old. So it took me forever to delete them. I set my blog up with no anonymous posting of comments and also blog moderation... thinking that I would take away the moderation aspect once I saw that the anonymous posting stopped the spam (which it has). But I discovered that I like the moderation, because that way I never miss seeing a comment - even if someone posts it to a card I made days before. KWIM? So I decided to keep it. Unless I see a reason why I shouldn't, I plan to keep it.

Old 06-03-2013, 06:15 AM   #4988
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, all!! Last banquet last night - ended an hour and a half later than it was supposed to do to the dancing and fun (THEY) were having lol - us parents created our own after party in the hotel lobby - a 7 hour banquet, whew - I'm too old for this! But connected with some of the parents I havent seen all year so it was good! I added pics to Facebook, just NOT of me - yikes!

Now, to get through Graduation this week and we'll be home free!!!!!!!!! Then I plan to sleep for 3 weeks straight!!!!!!!!

That's good news that everyone escaped bloglovin's craziness! I guess I was just the lucky winner of that one

For the commenting moderation, yes, that's been commonly known for a long time and listed on many challenge sites - which I don't play in often or a lot of, but from time to time if I see a card might match their requirements I actually won a stamp set last week from Mark's Finest Papers and was so excited! Just for entering my card But I wasn't referring to the one you guys have one where you just click it and post it. I'm talking about the one where you have to add the numbers and the code and then if you get it wrong, it makes you go back through over (sometimes over and over!) I've even typed in the wrong code and was too lazy to go back and correct it, and hit enter and it still went through, LOL! Hope that makes more sense in what I was asking

Jeanette, I can't believe you had 1,000 Spams! That's ridiculous! I get a few a week in my Spam folder and empty it out, but mostly a few escape through Lately (again, that correlation!) but most of the ones in the Spam folder are from older posts dating back a month or so. I think they do an awesome job wittling out the spam - so much of it, I don't even see til I hit delete!

Waiting on the sun to peek out to 1. post my card 2. hit the hiking trails with my son and 3. pick up the girls for the last week of school after the traills - WOOT, WOOT!
Old 06-03-2013, 06:33 AM   #4989

Thanks for the explanation, Kelly... I didn't think the code mumbo jumbo was called moderation, so I didn't realize that's what you were talking about. And yes... when I had all those spam comments, I literally cried. Deleting all of them was overwhelming and took oh-so-long. I also get lots and lots and lots of them in my spam folder... but those were the ones that snuck through. SCARY! (and most of them were for the "V" drug.) how embarrassing!

Glad you are doing okay with all the graduation festivities! ENJOY these days. They are hectic but so special, too!

Old 06-03-2013, 06:36 AM   #4990
Stazon Splitcoast

ROFL!!!!!!! Um, glad you didn't have all of those posted, LOL!!

Mine are all for a certain boot - with a "U" and a "g" and another "g" - Dude. We live in Florida. Not interested, I promise!

Flip-flops? Now we're talking
Old 06-03-2013, 07:04 AM   #4991

oh, no... Kelly, I DID have over 1,000 of them posted... had to delete them one by one. Took forever. That's not counting the many - I forget how many, but it was in the 1,000's - that went into the spam folder.

Old 06-03-2013, 03:15 PM   #4992
Pearl-ExPert

The one the challenge organisers don' t like is word verification - moderation doesn't bother them. I have had moderation on for ever and get very few spam - some go into the spam folder and I just delete them, a few sneak through into the moderation function, and then my email box, but not enough to really get under my skin.

Cold and wet here - but I should not grumble as we were crying out for rain a month or so ago
Old 06-03-2013, 04:27 PM   #4993
Quacker Stamper

Hi Stamp Addicts. I can't believe I haven't been on since Saturday morning. It's been a busy weekend. I'm loving the windows. They have really made a difference already.

Kelly, that's so cool that you made cards for the construction worker. I hoped that he used them or gave them to his wife to use. You are just too busy. Look you forgot the pups needed their shots It is sad when the chicks leave the nest, but it is the circle of life. I read online today that pigeons will start making new eggs and chicks as soon as the other ones are out of the nest. Only they call them squabs and not chicks. Sounds like a fun banquet last night. Glad you were able to meet up with some old friends. Hope you had fun on your hike today. WOOHOO - Graduation almost here and the FREEDOM!

Maxine, everything went fine with the installation, thanks. Glad that you have a nice warm, dry home and craft room to hide out in from the nasty cold weather there. Casper was not a happy camper about his little vacation away. He's taking his time forgiving me for abandoning him. Paisley and Maggie Mae are fine although it took MM awhile to give me a kiss tonight.

Shelly, have a fun time there with your mom and dad celebrating their 58th! That's fabulous. Going to KY is one of my dreams. I'd love to go to the Kentucky Derby someday. I watch it every year. Love the horse races. Yes, I have been able to do a lot this year. I'm looking forward to enjoying it. My next
thing is to get a grill for outside. I've been wanting one for years and really want to get one this year.

Darlene, so good that you were able to get projects done in the house. It really makes you feel good to accomplish some things. Great that you had help from the kids too.

Jeanette, I think we were all talking about word verification and not moderation, at least I was, just calling it the wrong thing. That is a lot of spam getting to your blog. Usually they don't get through to my blog, but I did have one on my latest post the other day, but I deleted it off there. Sorry about the Internet problems. I've been having mouse problems and took my computer to the office so the IT guy could look at it. Well, it worked perfectly fine there. So not sure what is causing the issue. It's not bad, but very annoying.

We got a really good downpour yesterday morning before it was time to go out to church. I won't have to water the trees and plants for a couple of days. I'm sure they were all just loving it.

I have photos on FB of the windows before and after. I'll post 2 of my favorites here. The kitchen window got changed, and the large dining room window got changed. All the other windows are basically the same.

I spent a lot of time yesterday trying to put some things in order. I took off this week from my DT commitment. I can't do a lot because I have to wait for the window coverings to be put up first and that's not happening until next Thursday. Then I'll be able to move things back to where they belong. I do have new curtains up in my computer room and the sheers are up in the living room. They are a Sage Shadow kind of color. I love them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dining Rm outside before.jpg (63.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Dining Rm after.jpg (58.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Kichen Before.jpg (35.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Kitchen new.jpg (40.3 KB, 4 views)
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:52 PM   #4994
Stazon Splitcoast

Maxine, hopefully it will warm up soon! It's still hard for me to fathom you are all in 'winter' mode

YAY for seeing a happy post from Maggie - sounds like your home improvement has really taken over! THey look great from what I'm seeing and hearing. Here's to resting up once it's all over .. unless you have another project waiting in the wings
Old 06-03-2013, 05:29 PM   #4995
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Maxine, hopefully it will warm up soon! It's still hard for me to fathom you are all in 'winter' mode

YAY for seeing a happy post from Maggie - sounds like your home improvement has really taken over! THey look great from what I'm seeing and hearing. Here's to resting up once it's all over .. unless you have another project waiting in the wings
Nope, Kelly, no more projects. I do want to buy a grill so I can cook out on the patio, but that's not a project. As soon as I get the window coverings up, that will be it!

Oh, my washing machine is leaking a bit, so I called my plumber guy and he's going to come this weekend and see what the problem is. It's not a big leak, but it needs to get taken care of before it gets to be one.

I tried calling my massage therapist today but wasn't able to connect with her. I hope to hear from her tomorrow. I really need a good massage. I have issues with my upper left back from all the sitting and typing all day and now it has moved up into my muscle on the left side of my neck. Very irritating.

I'm kind of at lose ends tonight so I'm thinking I'll go read for awhile before bed and maybe I can get a handle on what to do tomorrow night.

Sleep well.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 06-04-2013, 04:03 AM   #4996

Maggie, it's so good to see you and read your post! You are such a sweetie! Oh and about another project - if you need to assemble your grill, that IS a project. I bought DH a new gas grill for his Christmas gift a few years ago - didn't know I'd be the one reading the instructions so he could put it together. Me-oh-my!!! I love love love your new windows!

Kelly, graduation is mere days away now. You doing okay?

Maxine, I sometimes think we wouldn't be happy if we couldn't grumble about the weather. LOL!

Old 06-04-2013, 07:53 AM   #4997
Pearl-ExPert

Hi everyone! I'm back - at least a little bit anyway. I need to go by all the blogs today or tomorrow and catch up - and read all the posts here too!

We went to Jim's sisters on Friday and came back Sunday. It was nice to get out of town but didn't do anything special. Yesterday, got the clothes washed, house straightened up, and mowed the grass. Still have some yard work to do today. I really stayed completely off the computer - which has been a blessing! It's amazing what all you can get done when you stay off this thing. LOL!

As far as mojo............um......I just don't know. I did make a card last night and may try to get it posted tomorrow.

Anyway, I'm somewhat back and will catch up with everything in a few days.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:14 AM   #4998
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts.

Welcome home Lynn. Glad that you were able to rest and relax on your get away. I hope you're feeling better about things. I've been kind of at lose ends lately - well, since I've got everything packed up and can't get to some of my stuff for card making. Hopefully will get back to creating soon. I need to get started on my card for next week's PSC.

Oh, Jeanette, I hope I don't have to put the grill together. I just want a simple small basic one. If I do though, I know a couple guys from church that I can call on to help.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 06-05-2013, 03:35 AM   #4999

Welcome home, Lynn... hopefully you'll find your mojo soon!

Maggie, glad there are helpful men to come to your rescue, should you need them.

Old 06-05-2013, 05:10 AM   #5000

Look at how this lady used washi tape...

Gingham Garden Washi Tape Herringbone - Too Cool Stamping