Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2013, 03:40 PM   #4641
Die Cut Diva

Well, I bit the bullet and signed up for the SSS Kit of the Month! I'll let you know how it goes!

Oh, and I have some news!!!!! My son just called yesterday to tell me he and his wife are expecting!! She's due in November. VERY excited for them. They have one little girl (Madeline) who just turned 2 a couple of months ago. It's getting hard to keep up with all these grands now. My daughter has two girls. And Jim has six grandkids........Christmas is a KILLER! But we love each and every one of them.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener and MiamiKel4 like this post.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:26 PM   #4642
Pearl-ExPert

Oh Lynn what fabulous news - I love hearing of new family members

Wet and thundery here after a dry but cloudy day yesterday when I mowed lawns and generally was outside - so shortly it is into the studio for an afternoon of creativity . Bliss.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:17 AM   #4643
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Well, I bit the bullet and signed up for the SSS Kit of the Month! I'll let you know how it goes!

Oh, and I have some news!!!!! My son just called yesterday to tell me he and his wife are expecting!! She's due in November. VERY excited for them. They have one little girl (Madeline) who just turned 2 a couple of months ago. It's getting hard to keep up with all these grands now. My daughter has two girls. And Jim has six grandkids........Christmas is a KILLER! But we love each and every one of them.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
LOL! I just knew you wouldn't be able to wait! So will you get the current kit for May to start with?

Congrats Grandma! This is fabulous news.

Not sure if I share with you guys that my oldest DGD is GETTING MARRIED!!!!! Not quite a complete shock because she's been dating this young man for some time, but I really didn't think they'd get married. He's her first real BF. They started out saying they were going to wait until next year and then decided they wanted to get married this August!!!! After chatting with the parents, they've decided on December 28. They really have so much to work out with them both still being in school and 2 more years to go. She doesn't have a job yet so that is a concern for their finances. He works and puts himself through school, but don't think that they can live off of that and both go to school.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:22 AM   #4644
Quacker Stamper

I worked out in the back yard yesterday digging up Easter lilies and some other plants to give to a GF. I really didn't have a place to transplant them to. Then had to pull up the fencing that was around the small flower bed and dig up a bunch of the bricks that were lining the other flower bed. I moved a bunch of the bricks to the side and back along the fence line to cover areas where the bricks don't meet the ground because the ground is uneven. One of these days I need some dirt brought in to even up the lawn.

I had some crafting time last night to work on my PSC card. I like how it turned out. It's supposed to be for Mother's Day, but since I don't have a living mom, I kind of made it generic girly which with my sentiment could be used for Mother's Day or just given to someone special.

Today nothing on the agenda (I like days like that) except for church. I do have some things I need to get ready for that so off I go. BBL
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-21-2013, 07:05 AM   #4645
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Good morning! Finally a moment to sneak in - been busy, busy!

Congrats to the new babies on the way and wedding! Such a beautiful time of year to celebrate

What is the SSS kit of the month? I'm so clueless as to what's out there! I drool over the newsletter that arrive in my email box but don't order a thing, lol. I'm not on a freezing ban like I was the past two years, and have dabbled in a few things here or there that were irrisistable But for the most part, sticking to my use what's here at least once this year. And there's a lot to use, lol!

Happy day, all!
x0x0
Old 04-21-2013, 08:33 AM   #4646
Die Cut Diva

Thanks for the "congrats" on the upcoming new addition. And Maggie, congrats to your granddaughter and her future husband. Yes, it's going to be hard, but if they want it bad enough they'll figure out a way to handle it.

Maggie, sounds like you worked really hard yesterday!!! Glad you could get all of that done though.

Yep, I'm still laughing about going ahead and doing the kit of the month deal. Hey, I slept on it one night anyway!!! LOL! I have ZERO patience - and always have. I really, really, really try to do better but just cannot do so. Jim is always on my case about me not having patience! Grrrrrrr..........

Kelly, Simon Says Stamp what they call the Kit of the Month and basically each month you're sent a stamp set, papers, embellishments, etc. You can opt out at any time (figured I'd give myself THREE months (and no more than that) to see if I really liked it. Paige said that other companies like Taylored Expressions also have similar kits - and so does Unity I think.

Anyway, we'll see how that goes.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:00 AM   #4647
Gabfest Goddess

Hello my neglected friends!

Bit of a tizzy here, my head is spinning trying to get ready to go out of town for a fun few days. I get to meet several SCS friends (Jeanette being one of them!!) and that will be a fun trip. I leave Thursday & return on Tuesday the 30th.

On top of that, I'm trying to get work & home squared away enough for me to be gone 1-2 weeks to help out during/after my Dad's surgery. We don't have a date for it yet, but expect the date to be set tomorrow. It's so hard to wrap my head around all of this, but I know that I will. I'm the oldest and have the role of coping and helping others cope. This will be another of those situations.

Anyway, I'll check in when I can, but time is very scarce right now! Blessings & hugs to all of you.

Lynn: Woo Hoo on the news!!!! How very exciting for you!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 04-21-2013, 03:58 PM   #4648
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Thanks for the "congrats" on the upcoming new addition. And Maggie, congrats to your granddaughter and her future husband. Yes, it's going to be hard, but if they want it bad enough they'll figure out a way to handle it.

Maggie, sounds like you worked really hard yesterday!!! Glad you could get all of that done though.

Yep, I'm still laughing about going ahead and doing the kit of the month deal. Hey, I slept on it one night anyway!!! LOL! I have ZERO patience - and always have. I really, really, really try to do better but just cannot do so. Jim is always on my case about me not having patience! Grrrrrrr..........

Kelly, Simon Says Stamp what they call the Kit of the Month and basically each month you're sent a stamp set, papers, embellishments, etc. You can opt out at any time (figured I'd give myself THREE months (and no more than that) to see if I really liked it. Paige said that other companies like Taylored Expressions also have similar kits - and so does Unity I think.

Anyway, we'll see how that goes.
They will figure it all out I'm sure. DGD and BF are going home to my DD's this week I think on Thursday and the 4 of them will sit down and work things out. I think the main thing is the DGD needs to GET A JOB!

I did work hard and I still need to do a little bit more before Friday. I'm just so excited that it's finally going to be done. I do need to call my window guy so he can come by on Friday also and actually write the order and get my check for the 1/2 downpayment on the windows so they can be ordered.

I can't wait until you get your first kit and see what you create with it.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-21-2013, 04:01 PM   #4649
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcardmaking View Post
Hello my neglected friends!

Bit of a tizzy here, my head is spinning trying to get ready to go out of town for a fun few days. I get to meet several SCS friends (Jeanette being one of them!!) and that will be a fun trip. I leave Thursday & return on Tuesday the 30th.

On top of that, I'm trying to get work & home squared away enough for me to be gone 1-2 weeks to help out during/after my Dad's surgery. We don't have a date for it yet, but expect the date to be set tomorrow. It's so hard to wrap my head around all of this, but I know that I will. I'm the oldest and have the role of coping and helping others cope. This will be another of those situations.

Anyway, I'll check in when I can, but time is very scarce right now! Blessings & hugs to all of you.

Lynn: Woo Hoo on the news!!!! How very exciting for you!
That is so fun that you are going to get to mean Jeanette. I sure hope you guys take lots of photos. Is this a crafting event or just a fun get together? Where are you going to be?

I hope they get your dad's surgery scheduled sooner than later. It's great that you'll be able to be there for him while he recovers.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-21-2013, 04:06 PM   #4650
Die Cut Diva

Here is a link where someone compared the kits from SSS to Calico Studio's kits. After watching I think SSS came out on top.

the card yard: Monthly Card Kit Comparison - my first video!
Old 04-21-2013, 04:55 PM   #4651
Die Cut Diva

Thanks, Paige. I'll keep y'all up to date on how the SSS one is just in case anyone else is interested.

Darlene - how exciting!!!! Y'all have a great time this coming weekend with Jeanette. We're all jealous!
Hope all goes well with your dads surgery!
Be careful and have a good trip.

I'm just about ready to throw up my hands over all this card making stuff!!! I worked for I don't know how long this afternoon on a card......VERY CAS and should have been a snap. I FINALLY got it finished and UCK, UCK, UCK!!!!!! It's horrid!!!!! Sometimes I get things in my mind that sound like they'd look SO good..........and then turn out looking like a 1st grader did it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mercy me!!!

Guess I just need to come up with another "plan"! LOL!

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday!
Old 04-21-2013, 05:33 PM   #4652
Pearl-ExPert

'Tis Monday here and I have got a card done that I am happy with - one more to do before I can go and post them. Wet again so it's great craftong weather now the housework has been done
Sorry to hear you have had a more than challenging challenge Lynn

Oh Darlene - how fabulous to be meeting Jeanette IRL!! Enjoy your trip.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:46 PM   #4653
Die Cut Diva

Maxine, send some of that wet weather over this way!
Can't wait to see you card.

Oh, and hey Shelly!!! If you can see this, we're all waving hi!
Old 04-21-2013, 06:22 PM   #4654
Stazon Splitcoast

::: waving! ::: We had some of that rain earlier and holy catfish, did we need it! I mean, desperately, lol. But May-November is 'rainy season' here in FL so you never know when one of those showers will show up, lol. And they usually last 5 minutes - on and off!

Ran around looking for dresses, today. UGH. Who knew that April in stores - all stores - were cleaned out! My girls will just have to start learning to sew, hee hee! (yeah right!)

Thanks for the 411 on the SSS, Lynn - I wasn't sure which company it was, but knew it was one of the stamp co. kits. I would have stared for hours at SSS and probably not made the connection - duh! I used to belong to the Unity one (years ago) and bought one or two months of TE, but they just aren't me, I think! I just jump on a particular stamp if I see it in the sneaks/sales but usually have only bought a stamp because I was looking for it in particular. But wish I could buy some of the monthly kits - wow, some of the knock your socks off!

Have fun stamping, all!
Old 04-21-2013, 08:21 PM   #4655
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hi

Sneaking on-line at the Beijing airport- on the way to Yangshuo- it is soooo beautiful there- we are staying t a Mountain retreat.

We did get TONS of rain the night before we left- sump pump ran all night. Luckily, I wanted to head to the airport early as the traffic was horrible D/T flooding. It rained for 2 more days......so we are praying our basement did not take on any water.

Our flight was delayed 30 minutes, then sat in the runway for 20 minutes when we arrived- we made the flight to Beijing with 1 minute left to go- we were the last 2 on the airplane and they practically pushed us in the plane...... it was heart pounding, but went well......

I got onto a website called Couch Surfing- has anyone ever heard of it? I asked which site of the great wall would be good- and we had a 24 yr old girl offer to come with us- it was such a blast with her along- and went so much smoother! She was able to negotiate much smoother transitions and prices with transport to the wall- and she was darling- had a great sense of humor!

Yesterday, we went to Wangfujing road in Beijing which is like times square kind of- no cars, walking street-lots of high end stores- and and 'eating street'- everyone ate fried scorpions and grasshoppers except me.......eeewwwww!

I am not sure I will have wi-fi at the next stop- so Hi and I did do a quick catch up- I cannot go to any blogs from here again- not sure why.....they are blocked.
Lynn- congrats on the new Grand baby and I look forward to hearing about the SSS kits.
Kelly- are you having to buy a new Prom dress for your daughter- OMG.... that is terrible if need be : ( Happy B-day to your Hubby- 50 is nifty!!!
Jeanette and Darlene- so cool that you got to meet IRL!
Paige- seriously- you got dumped with more snow? Was it the same storm that dropped all of that rain on us? Boo!
Maggie- so cool that you are getting so much done around the house!

Waving Hi to everyone from China!!!
Shelly
Old 04-22-2013, 06:22 AM   #4656
Stazon Splitcoast

SHelly! What a fabulous post! It sounds like you are having a good time thus far! That's one of the places I haven't been too but hope to one day Have a good time, enjoy your daughter and those um, grasshoppers!

Rain, rain, go away here! We need the rain but whew, driving it in was a hazard this morning! Yikes! Waiting it for it to let up to take the puppies out who are crossing their legs, lol.

No new prom dress at this point - all 3 girls need dresses for their upcoming banquets and end of the year middle school dance. I wish one sister could loan the other a dress and share, but they are all such different heights and sizes, what fits one doesn't fit the other so well - eeek!

Happy Earth day, everyone!

Old 04-22-2013, 06:48 AM   #4657
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
That is so fun that you are going to get to mean Jeanette. I sure hope you guys take lots of photos. Is this a crafting event or just a fun get together? Where are you going to be?

I hope they get your dad's surgery scheduled sooner than later. It's great that you'll be able to be there for him while he recovers.
Darlene would NEVER be mean to me!

Actually, I'm so excited!!! I can't wait to meet Darlene....... and hang out with she and the other SCS'ers who are getting together!
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
Come Chat with Me in the Chit Chat Forum
Old 04-22-2013, 06:51 AM   #4658

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Old 04-22-2013, 08:07 AM   #4659
Die Cut Diva

Shelly, SO GLAD you're having fun!!!! Keep us updated when you can. You really should try to eat just one grasshopper or scorpion - just to say you did! Yikes!!!!!

Maggie, just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you today with Chancey. That's such a hard thing to have to do.

Jeanette and Darlene - y'all just HAVE to take some pics and let us see them! How exciting for you two.

Typical Monday around here - washing clothes and all that good stuff!

Lynn
Old 04-22-2013, 08:10 AM   #4660
Die Cut Diva

Oh, and Kelly........what happened with the dress your mom did? Guess it was a complete disaster if you're out looking for a dress now - and also MORE dresses! SUCH fun!!!!
Old 04-22-2013, 02:48 PM   #4661
Stazon Splitcoast

Bah humbug, lol!! We actually haven't gone down to pick it up yet. We were going to get it when she cancelled so we took the oppty to find another functions dresses. These girls are desperate for summer, like me!

How are things in Texas? My heart aches for West. And, of course, the Boston tragedy is heavy on my heart. Sadness for both sides.

Quote:
Oh, and Kelly........what happened with the dress your mom did? Guess it was a complete disaster if you're out looking for a dress now - and also MORE dresses! SUCH fun!!!!
Old 04-22-2013, 03:39 PM   #4662
Die Cut Diva

Things are ok in Texas. So sad about West. Fifteen dead, so many injured, and massive destruction.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:40 PM   #4663
Die Cut Diva

I found a blog of a gal who creates with the SSS card kits:

kwernerdesign blog

I can't stick around, I'm drinking a very special solution for a medical procedure tomorrow - bottoms up!
Old 04-22-2013, 03:50 PM   #4664
Die Cut Diva

Thanks Paige! Will check it out for sure.

Just keep thinking that's a margarita you're drinking. And be sure and take it in the bathroom with you!!! LOL! Will be thinking about you tomarrow!
Old 04-22-2013, 05:04 PM   #4665
Quacker Stamper

Hi Stamp Addicts!

Thanks Lynn, it's been a rough day. It wasn't easy taking Chancey to the vet. He did say that the cancer was not as aggressive as he thought, but that we'd be in the same place in 3-4 weeks so I didn't really see any reason to put off the inevitable especially since he hadn't been eating very well over the weekend, has lost weight and had started sneezing a lot. The vet seemed to know that so I think it was also related.

Shelly, it was great to hear from you.

Kelly, sorry the girls are still having issues with finding dresses for their events.

Paige, good luck with your procedure tomorrow. I've been there with having to drink those nasty things only I couldn't do it because they would upset my stomach too much and wouldn't stay down.

Yes, Jeanette, I know - I sure you knew I meant meet. So jealous.

I did take time this morning while I was waiting to go to the vet to get around and visit everyone's blog. It's always great to see what everyone is doing.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-22-2013, 05:58 PM   #4666
Pearl-ExPert

Oh Maggie - I am sure Chancy will be more comfortable now he is over the rainbow bridge - heard on your heart though!

Shelly - great to hear from you - awesome sounding trip!!

Paige you have my sympathies regarding those drinks!!

Jeanette and Darlene - take photos and post them =- and have a great time together.

Kelly I do hope every thing works out regarding the frock(s) - sounds like an expensive year for you.

Overcast here - not raining but threatening and much cooler than it has been.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:53 PM   #4667
Die Cut Diva

Guess winter is on it's way Maxine! How are things on your end - is your husband doing any better. Sure hope so - oh, and have you heard when your surgery is going to be yet?

Lynn
Old 04-23-2013, 05:47 AM   #4668

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Maggie, I'm so sorry! Thinking of you!!!

Ladies, I'm rushing through the threads - I have much too much to do today! EEK!!! I leave tomorrow morning for a week (and need to get things ready to go - plus things in order here for my two guys who will be staying home without me).

I won't be on the threads while I'm gone, since I'll be much too busy. I'll see all of you again the end of next week!

Hugs!!!

Old 04-23-2013, 05:57 AM   #4669
Die Cut Diva

Have a great trip!
Old 04-23-2013, 06:00 AM   #4670

Thank you, Lynn!

Old 04-23-2013, 07:10 AM   #4671
Stazon Splitcoast

(((((( Maggie )))))))) My thoughts are with you, friend. You have such a caring, gracious soul - bless your heart.

Happy World Book Night! I'm a giver again this year, if you saw Facebook, and am handing out books like Santa Claus - I was given Mudbound, and so far it's been well received.

off to craft - wow, did I really say that? Yup, tomorrow is my 20th wedding Anniversary and I have a card to make for my honey!

x0x0
Old 04-23-2013, 11:32 AM   #4672
Quacker Stamper

Thank you all for the sweet thoughts.

Jeanette, hope you have just a fabulous trip. Give Darlene a big hug!

Kelly, I don't know anything about World Book Night. What is that all about? Do you give away real books?

Happy 20th! How are you and DH going to celebrate????

The weather is overcast here also and we have another cold front coming through tomorrow. I swear that we have had rain every Wednesday for at least the last month if not longer! I'm supposed to have lunch with a GF tomorrow, so I hope it's not too bad out. And tomorrow night is our Single Chicks Dinner Club so I want the weather to be good for that also.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-23-2013, 11:34 AM   #4673
Quacker Stamper

Oh, and I just ordered last night a bunch more (100) empty DVD cases to keep unmounted rubber stamps in. I sure hope I don't need all 100 so if anyone else is interested in sharing any, I'd be glad to send some along your way. I got a great deal on them, only $.80 each. Most other places the cheapest I saw was $1.30 each to order I think it was 50.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-23-2013, 03:03 PM   #4674
Die Cut Diva

Maggie, if you have any of those DVD cases left over, I'd love to have some!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just let me know, etc.............

Happy Anniversary tomorrow Kelly - that's great! Any plans to celebrate?

Suppose to get colder here tomorrow too.......uck! Yesterday, I was in shorts - today in jeans - tomorrow in sweats! LOL! Crazy Texas weather!
Old 04-23-2013, 04:06 PM   #4675
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Maggie, if you have any of those DVD cases left over, I'd love to have some!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just let me know, etc.............

Happy Anniversary tomorrow Kelly - that's great! Any plans to celebrate?

Suppose to get colder here tomorrow too.......uck! Yesterday, I was in shorts - today in jeans - tomorrow in sweats! LOL! Crazy Texas weather!
Sure Lynn. I just got notice today that they shipped, so should be here soon. I sure hope I don't need them all, but they were the best price.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-23-2013, 05:35 PM   #4676
Gabfest Goddess

Hello my dear Addicted Friends!!

Maggie, I am so very sorry to hear the news about darling Chauncey. So, so sad I wish that I could give you a hug in real life, but here's a {{{{cyber hug}}}} Be kind to yourself ok?

Shelly: Thank you for the amazing post!! It felt like I was a stow away with you! How wonderful that you rec'd a personal, knowlegable and humorous personal tour of the Great Wall!!!

Safe travels Jeanette & will see you in a few days!

Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts & concern for my Dad. His surgery is set for Friday 5/3. I tried to change the return leg of my trip this week so that I could fly directly there after visiting Jeanette & crew. My goodness - it would have been over $1100 - gasp! So...I return to NH on 4/30 at 4 pm, and fly back out again to Seattle at 6 AM the next morning. Whew! And that only cost $396. Crazy.

I'll be staying out there until May 21st. That should give enough time for Dad to get out of the hospital and into a routine with a visiting nurse, provide some help for my Mom, etc.

IU'll check in here when able but will be scarce for a month it seems.

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 04-23-2013, 06:04 PM   #4677
Die Cut Diva

Checking in. The second dose of "margaritas" last night almost did me in! I kept gagging on the solution and had to tell myself to relax. I drank it all except the last two gulps - I just knew it wouldn't stay down.

DH had to blow about 3" of snow off the driveway before we could get out to my appointment this morning. (snow again Wed or Thursday and then this weekend promises of spring!)

So had the procedure and they found two small polyps which they removed to be tested. So instead of being able to wait ten years for my next one, I have to repeat every five years - oh bother!

So much going on with everyone here! Prayers and hugs for those who need them. Lots of smiles and LOLs for the sillier and lighter happenings.

Maggie, where did you find the DVD cases for $.80? I need to get going on unmounting more sets, as I quit over the winter when the basement started to get colder.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:22 PM   #4678
Die Cut Diva

LOL!!!! Yeah, those "margaritas" will get to you every time! I know exactly what you mean too. It's been about 12 years since I had one, so had to go to the doc today about some blood pressure medication I've been taking (makes me cough all the time) and told him I needed to be scheduled for one of those procedures! YIKES! I must be crazy asking for something like that - but needs to be done I guess.........

More snow, Paige!!!!!!!!!! NOT FAIR to y'all!!! Stay warm and keeping my fingers crossed it gets a little warmer for y'all!

Darlene, have a good trip this week - and then again at your dads! Hope all goes well with his surgery.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:50 AM   #4679
Stazon Splitcoast

Snow, omg - my friend (born and raised here, in Miami) flew into Milwaukee and was texting "it's April - there is SNOW up here!" LOL! Yes, that tends to happen just not usually in April - go figure!

Happy Wednesday to you all! 20 years ago today I married the most wonderful man (I know, all wives say that about the man!) He truly is a beautiful soul ~ lots of ups and downs, sadness and many moments of happiness, but here we are - 29 years and 4 kids later (yep, been together since wee teens!) BLISS

Juggling a ton of appts for the kids - what is with dr's giving you a 2.5 month wait for WELL check ups? Geeesh! It doesn't pay to be healthy, I see ....... LOL!

Just finished up a book at 1:30 AM - ouch - for a book review and I know someone was asking earlier about good books to read: Gone Girl! If you haven't read it, I recommend it - waited nearly 7 months for my turn in the library queue but totally worth the wait!!

Now, of course, I can't keep my eyes open .........
Old 04-24-2013, 06:52 AM   #4680
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcardmaking View Post
Hello my dear Addicted Friends!!

Maggie, I am so very sorry to hear the news about darling Chauncey. So, so sad I wish that I could give you a hug in real life, but here's a {{{{cyber hug}}}} Be kind to yourself ok?

Shelly: Thank you for the amazing post!! It felt like I was a stow away with you! How wonderful that you rec'd a personal, knowlegable and humorous personal tour of the Great Wall!!!

Safe travels Jeanette & will see you in a few days!

Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts & concern for my Dad. His surgery is set for Friday 5/3. I tried to change the return leg of my trip this week so that I could fly directly there after visiting Jeanette & crew. My goodness - it would have been over $1100 - gasp! So...I return to NH on 4/30 at 4 pm, and fly back out again to Seattle at 6 AM the next morning. Whew! And that only cost $396. Crazy.

I'll be staying out there until May 21st. That should give enough time for Dad to get out of the hospital and into a routine with a visiting nurse, provide some help for my Mom, etc.

IU'll check in here when able but will be scarce for a month it seems.
Thanks Darlene.

Will be praying for your dad for a speedy recovery. Hope all goes well on your trip to and from. Have a great time with Jeanette and take lots of pictures.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts