Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2013, 03:56 AM   #4561
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Hi Maggie... so the patio will provide protection from the rain for Corey, right? I feel so sorry for the little guy!

We had storms last night, too. And this morning I see we have a HUGE limb out of the tree just outside our back yard. It landed on our parking lot, but fortunately it doesn't look like it did any damage. We also have a huge tree IN our yard that the city plans to take down because it is dying and dangerous to the power lines. Fortunately, it didn't fall in the storm. It has had large branches come out of it in the past and cause damage - both to the fence and to cars parked in the parking lot. DH tries to keep his pickup parked out of the area that it would likely fall if it were to come down in a storm.
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin Twisted Tuesday

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: Camping in the Forest
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-11-2013, 05:30 AM   #4562
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Good Morning! We had a bit of that rain, too - all the way down here in Miami. It blew in fast and left just as fast! RIght before we got the kids in the car for school, too - what a blessing!

Feeling a bit hung over this morning! My ears are ringing and I lost my voice but dd and I had the BEST time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad to share these little moments with her The concert was pretty darn good - Swift is certainly one talented young lady, despite all the crud in the news - she can sing and perform and put on a great show, that's for sure.

But I've realized I'm WAY TOO OLD to be getting home at 1 am, LOL!!!!!!!! An hour of that was just Miami arena traffic! UGH!

Off to clean up a bit ... didnt I JUST to that? *smile!*
Old 04-11-2013, 05:59 AM   #4563
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post
Hi Maggie... so the patio will provide protection from the rain for Corey, right? I feel so sorry for the little guy!

We had storms last night, too. And this morning I see we have a HUGE limb out of the tree just outside our back yard. It landed on our parking lot, but fortunately it doesn't look like it did any damage. We also have a huge tree IN our yard that the city plans to take down because it is dying and dangerous to the power lines. Fortunately, it didn't fall in the storm. It has had large branches come out of it in the past and cause damage - both to the fence and to cars parked in the parking lot. DH tries to keep his pickup parked out of the area that it would likely fall if it were to come down in a storm.
Yes, it will. Expensive kitty shelter. But I've really wanted this for a long time, so I'm glad I'm finally able to get it done.

So glad that there wasn't any damage from the falling limbs. I hope that dead one gets taken down before it does any damage.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 04-11-2013, 06:00 AM   #4564
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
Good Morning! We had a bit of that rain, too - all the way down here in Miami. It blew in fast and left just as fast! RIght before we got the kids in the car for school, too - what a blessing!

Feeling a bit hung over this morning! My ears are ringing and I lost my voice but dd and I had the BEST time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad to share these little moments with her The concert was pretty darn good - Swift is certainly one talented young lady, despite all the crud in the news - she can sing and perform and put on a great show, that's for sure.

But I've realized I'm WAY TOO OLD to be getting home at 1 am, LOL!!!!!!!! An hour of that was just Miami arena traffic! UGH!

Off to clean up a bit ... didnt I JUST to that? *smile!*
LOL! So glad that you enjoyed yourself even though it was a late night and you had to get up early.

Hopefully the rain here will be gone by the noon hour. I'm supposed to go meet my sis for lunch today. We've always gotten together in October for our birthdays since we're both in the same month, but decided that we'd do an Unbirthday lunch also this year.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-11-2013, 07:47 AM   #4565
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
LOL! So glad that you enjoyed yourself even though it was a late night and you had to get up early.

Hopefully the rain here will be gone by the noon hour. I'm supposed to go meet my sis for lunch today. We've always gotten together in October for our birthdays since we're both in the same month, but decided that we'd do an Unbirthday lunch also this year.
Awww, have fun Maggie!! That sounds like the best date How many years apart are you if you are both born in October?

Did I ever tell you all that ALL THREE of my daughters were born in DECEMBER, 2 years apart? Yikes! People used to ask "how'd you plan that?" Um, God did, not me - lol! I wouldn't really want a baby in December, much less 3 - that is the busiest, craziest month - add in 3 birthdays and whew! But they have been a blessing and were a lot of fun when they were younger for parties! (now it's a little more seperate, seperate friends, likes, etc) Fun, fun!

Rushing about ... I'll catch up on the blogs soon, I'm falling behind!!!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:52 PM   #4566
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Awww, have fun Maggie!! That sounds like the best date How many years apart are you if you are both born in October?

Did I ever tell you all that ALL THREE of my daughters were born in DECEMBER, 2 years apart? Yikes! People used to ask "how'd you plan that?" Um, God did, not me - lol! I wouldn't really want a baby in December, much less 3 - that is the busiest, craziest month - add in 3 birthdays and whew! But they have been a blessing and were a lot of fun when they were younger for parties! (now it's a little more seperate, seperate friends, likes, etc) Fun, fun!

Rushing about ... I'll catch up on the blogs soon, I'm falling behind!!!
It was really nice. We're 3 years apart. She was born on Oct. 12, and I was born on Oct 21, 3 years later. We have a brother right in the middle and then a younger brother I think 4 years younger than me. We really got to chat which we hardly ever get to do.

LOL! Those December birthdays can be a killer. My DGD that lives here was born December 1 and my DGS is January 19, so right around the holiday season.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-11-2013, 05:46 PM   #4567
Pearl-ExPert

Quick "waving hi" here.................Off to relax for a few minutes and then to bed. Exhausting day - and facing another one tomorrow. Will catch up either tomorrow or sometime this weekend I'm afraid.

Lynn
Old 04-12-2013, 02:38 AM   #4568

Good Morning Stamp Addicts!

Maggie, I'm sure you and your cats will enjoy the new patio/catshelter. So glad you had fun with your sister yesterday!

Kelly, isn't God good?!?!?

Lynn, I'm sorry your days are so exhausting! Try to take care of yourself!

Old 04-12-2013, 05:47 AM   #4569
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning! BUSY weekend here after a tumultuously busy week (have you seen my blog! It's been a WEEK since I've crafted, lol) NO TIME! But that just means life is good/busy in other areas! Girls have their final Choral Show tonight and then the after-party .... tomorrow is dd16 singing group and I'm co-planning their fundraising (ugh), ds still has to paint the swings/fort and the other two have running around to do as well. I need a day of rest - EVERY DAY!

So glad you saw your sister yesterday, Maggie! Lynn, slow down girl! Is the painting done? Hi J - and yes, amen, He is!

Hugs all around!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:48 AM   #4570
Stazon Splitcoast

OH I forgot! HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

Old 04-12-2013, 05:50 AM   #4571
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts.

I got the loan papers in the mail yesterday. Now I just need to call and see if I drop them off at the bank or just mail them back. I do have some papers on my safe deposit box that I need to send back also as well as the key to the old one. Also, I want to set up another savings account. I'm putting the money that I make from E-Bay sales in the account for my grands. May not be much now, but it'll add up I hope and I'm thinking that I'll put a little bit in there for their birthdays as well as their gift they get. Someday it might come in handy for them.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-12-2013, 05:59 AM   #4572
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Good Morning! BUSY weekend here after a tumultuously busy week (have you seen my blog! It's been a WEEK since I've crafted, lol) NO TIME! But that just means life is good/busy in other areas! Girls have their final Choral Show tonight and then the after-party .... tomorrow is dd16 singing group and I'm co-planning their fundraising (ugh), ds still has to paint the swings/fort and the other two have running around to do as well. I need a day of rest - EVERY DAY!

So glad you saw your sister yesterday, Maggie! Lynn, slow down girl! Is the painting done? Hi J - and yes, amen, He is!

Hugs all around!
My two grands that are in HS Choir are off on choir trips this week. The DGD from CA is in NYC and they are supposed to sing at Carnegie Hall. I really wanted to be there for that, but outsiders weren't invited including the parents. My DGD that lives here is in San Antonio at Sea World. I think they were supposed to go see Wicked while they were there.

They did a great fundraising for the Choirs here in Texas. They used Scrip Now which is a site where you can buy gift cards to hundreds of different places and then they donate a percentage of the face amount to the child you sign up to help out. I bought a ton of GC's last year and they've really come in handy for actual gifts and then I've used a bunch of them myself for various things. They are going to do it again next year and I plan to take part again.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-12-2013, 05:48 PM   #4573
Pearl-ExPert

Back around for a check in. No, painting is still going. We didn't try to kill ourselves today though and that was nice. Hope to be through with the bulk of it tomorrow - then just have the chairs and table legs. Jim is quite a bit older than me and not very good physically so he can't do much for any length of time and just has to stop.

Maggie hope you get the patio soon. Know it'll be nice.

Kelly, hope the girls sing pretty tonight. Know they will.

Jeanette, glag y'all were ok after the storms.

Lynn
Old 04-12-2013, 11:13 PM   #4574
Pearl-ExPert

Hi girls - just a quick call, although I have had a browse and you all seem very busy - I also have an older DH, Lynn and he is not well, so know the feeling.

Got here to find DGS not well - turns out it is a viral illness called hands, feet and mouth - after the fever breaks they come out in lesions not unlike chicken pox, and poor wee man is back on sloppy baby food as his mouth is so sore . It is also very contagious, so the birthday party and dedication have had to be called off. Hopefully DGD will not get it...........

Better run as it is still all hands on deck despite no festivities.
Old 04-13-2013, 03:25 AM   #4575
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Back around for a check in. No, painting is still going. We didn't try to kill ourselves today though and that was nice. Hope to be through with the bulk of it tomorrow - then just have the chairs and table legs. Jim is quite a bit older than me and not very good physically so he can't do much for any length of time and just has to stop.

Maggie hope you get the patio soon. Know it'll be nice.

Kelly, hope the girls sing pretty tonight. Know they will.

Jeanette, glag y'all were ok after the storms.

Lynn
I can understand. I have chronic low back pain and need to take it slow and easy when I do anything. When I'm cleaning house, I need to stop every so often and rest my back.

I need to start working on getting the back flower beds cleaned out so they can install the concrete slab at some point. Don't have a date for that yet.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-13-2013, 03:28 AM   #4576
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
Hi girls - just a quick call, although I have had a browse and you all seem very busy - I also have an older DH, Lynn and he is not well, so know the feeling.

Got here to find DGS not well - turns out it is a viral illness called hands, feet and mouth - after the fever breaks they come out in lesions not unlike chicken pox, and poor wee man is back on sloppy baby food as his mouth is so sore . It is also very contagious, so the birthday party and dedication have had to be called off. Hopefully DGD will not get it...........

Better run as it is still all hands on deck despite no festivities.
Oh, your poor DGS. So sorry he is having to deal with that and no party. I sure hope all the rest of you can keep from getting it. Wash hands often.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-13-2013, 03:30 AM   #4577
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts.

Got a busy weekend coming up. I need to work outside a bit, clean house, grocery store. Kids are coming for dinner tomorrow night.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-13-2013, 03:55 AM   #4578
Gabfest Goddess

Morning Addicted Friends!

Whew, sounds like everyone has had a busy week (me as well) and has a busy weekend planned (hopefully not me)

I have a couple of cards to make and post, church & bell choir and a little time at the office. That's my weekend.

Maxine, I sure hope that the wee one isn't too sick to have some fun. Be careful not to catch that virus, it sounds bad.

Waving to everyone!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 04-13-2013, 01:34 PM   #4579
Pearl-ExPert

Maxine, hoping your grandson gets over this soon!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Lynn
Old 04-14-2013, 01:51 AM   #4580
Pearl-ExPert

What a weekend!!
DGS is now well on the way to being fully recovered
DGD is now unwell with 'the bug'
DH has succumbed again and is back on his meds.
I have an appointment with a surgeon en-route home tomorrow. It will be a long day, so prayer would be appreciated from those who pray. Thanks heaps.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:56 AM   #4581
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts!

Maxine, prayers being said for your family. Sorry that your trip to spend some fun time with your grands didn't turn out so good. I hope everyone recovers soon.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-14-2013, 04:59 AM   #4582
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning, all! Happy SONday! I hope your week/end has been blessed!

I, for one, am SO glad last week is over! Can we say jam-packed and full to the hilt! I'm exhausted. Still. Even though we were not AS BUSY, lol, yesterday- I'm not resting as well as I should and as soon as the sun peeps up, my eyes pop open. I'm so tired, all the time and really need to get some quality rest. Maybe it's just my body playing catch up and used to being up and on the go-go -go, it doesn't understand that I need to rest, hee hee!

In between chauffering dd to choral group practice and a party, and Home Depot for the right paint brushes, we got ds started on repainting his swing set. DD got her confirmation in the mail for sleepaway college night - it's 35 minutes from our house but she has to stay in the dorm the first week to get "acclimated" - it's really happening! Laundry is done (for the next HOUR anyway!) and I'm heading to see my mom in a little bit and +++ crossing fingers +++ dd's Prom Dress will look semi normal

Have a good day, all!
Old 04-14-2013, 07:59 AM   #4583
Pearl-ExPert

Maxine, prayers being sent!!! I'll be thinking of you and your family!

Kelly, slow down!!!!!! Get some rest and you'll have a great day I'm sure. Keeping my fingers crossed on that prom dress too!

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday. All we have left to do on the kitchen (other than the table and chairs) is to hang the cabinet doors. They're ready to go up but I told Jim I refused to work today!!! PERIOD! LOL! So, he's going to be watching golf and I'm going to my craft room (and today, no laundry will be done back there either)!

Shelly, you getting geared up for this trip now???????
Old 04-15-2013, 12:18 AM   #4584
Pearl-ExPert

We had a good trip home, but the stop at the hospital was longer than hoped - the report is good and the surgery may not be quite as extensive as first thought - they will make the final decision in theatre - the only hitch is it may not be before my neighbour moves, and this is a concern for me, as she was going to cook for and keep an eye on DH. I am praying that as I am on 'standby/short notice' I may get in sooner.

DGS is well on the mend now, but DGD was developing the same symptoms as her brother - as she is a drama queen extrodinaire, life will be hectic for her mother over the next couple of days!!
Old 04-15-2013, 03:38 AM   #4585

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

I've been MIA all weekend - way too busy! And now I'm starting the new week behinder than behind! LOL I'm going to have to rush to catch up!

Maxine, sounds like your family is going through a lot. You're in my thoughts!

Kelly, you've been preparing your DD for this step all of her life. She will do well! And you will, too! Hugs!!!

Maggie, I always enjoy reading your posts. You are such a sweet person!

Lynn, I think it's great that Jim stood up for a day off. He deserved one - and so did you! You've both been working too hard!

Darlene, I hope your weekend wasn't too hectic! Oh, and I'm getting really excited about the weekend after next!

Old 04-15-2013, 03:59 AM   #4586
Quacker Stamper

Dinner with the family went really well last night. Dinner itself was great. Everyone enjoyed it and, of course, took leftovers home. Gave DD 2 more boxes of stamp sets to sell on E-Bay.h

LOL! Thanks Jeanette, but I don't think I'm the only sweet one here on our thread. Y'all are great or I probably wouldn't be here. Have you started packing yet?

Maxine, remind me what your surgery is for? I have a senior brain that forgets things. Sorry that your neighbor/friend is moving. I hope you can get someone else to help you out while you're recovering.

Lynn, glad that you got to rest yesterday. I love that about Sundays. Sounds like you're almost there.

Kelly, how did it go with the dress? I don't know how you do it. You stay so busy and still get to stamp and create.

Darlene, you do sound like you had a laid-back weekend which is best kind. That's the way I like mine. I did decide that I am definitely this month calling a couple places about main service. Cleaning house this weekend about killed me with my bad low back. I just want someone to dust, vacuum, mop floors, and do the bathrooms. Whatever they charge will be worth it.

Patio cover is being installed today. Can't wait. They should be here between 9 and 10 and should just take a couple of hours.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-15-2013, 04:11 AM   #4587

Maggie, you're right, of course! There ARE so many sweet ladies here!

Packing? Of course not. For domestic trips - I pack no sooner than the night before I leave and often not until the morning I travel. For international trips, I usually start packing 5-7 days before I leave.

Honestly, I have 2-3 trips to make BEFORE I go to Thailand - so my suitcase is going to be getting a workout. LOL!

Old 04-15-2013, 09:26 AM   #4588
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi sweet friends -- just got home (in the pouring rain, too!) after a trip to the dentist. Ouchie! Perfect check up but the cleaning was a nightmare! I have such an extreme fear of going to the dentist but the hygentist is the sweetest and she was so good but still - me no likey! Then to the bank and a quick sidetrip to Barnes and Nobles to pick up my son's book that was on hold - and well, now I'm home - for 40 minutes! Then its pick up time at schools so I'll be by your blogs very soon, I know I'm overdue for visiting!

Maggie, I never made it get dd's dress - my mom called but dh is under the weather so we told her we'd see her one day this week. I know dd is worried, but honestly, what can we do - it will work out, and I'm crossing my fingers!

Ladies, I would love to request prayer for my hubby. Tony is currently in bed with a lot of pain. JUST LIKE LAST YEAR, almost to the day. And JUST LIKE THE YEAR before that, almost to the day. We joked last year that 'is this going to be our standard anniversary?" We celebrate our 20th this week coming up but he can't even walk. We may end up in the ER later on, but if all suspicions are correct, it looks like he may have another kidney stone that he is passing. WIth his history (can't say much more than that here on SCS), we can never be too sure and always have to err on the side of caution. Cross your fingers. In this case, a kidney stone - horrendous as they are - is a good thing.

Blessings
x0x0
Old 04-15-2013, 10:37 AM   #4589
Quacker Stamper

Kelly, so sorry about your DH. For his sake, I hope it is a kidney stone. Can he go and have it blasted? Not a fun way to spend an anniversary, but congrats anyway.

I thought I was going to go to work after the patio cover got installed, but I'm still having tummy issues, so I'm staying home. Hopefully it'll pass before tomorrow so I can get back to work. Here are some photos - before, after, and one with Missy. She's one of the friendlier kitties outside, but not quite friendly enough to be inside. She likes me to sit outside with her while she eats.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 009 (2).jpg (66.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 001 (9).jpg (68.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 002 (13).jpg (62.2 KB, 5 views)
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-15-2013, 04:27 PM   #4590
Pearl-ExPert

Jeanette, what's going on weekend after next? Whatever it is, I hope it's fun!!!

Kelly, I'll be thinking of your husband and hoping it's only a kidney stone! Sending hugs to you and your family on this!

Maxine, I don't think you ever told us you were having surgery!!! Whatever it's for, hope it's not serious. When are you scheduled to have it?

Maggie, the patio cover looks great! You're really going to love that (and so are the kitties)!!! And, what's this!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU HAVE GRASS!!!!! I'm so jealous!!! LOL! Looks great!
Hope you start feeling better!

Paige, are y'all still getting snow???????? Y'all have really had a rough winter up there!

Shelly, know you're REALLY getting excited about the trip now - just a few more days!

P, what's going on with you......you haven't popped in lately!

And Darlene.........what's going on in your corner of the world! Hope you're not having to stay super busy anyway.

Lynn
Old 04-15-2013, 04:40 PM   #4591
Pearl-ExPert

I did reply earlier and for whatever reason it didn't post.........

The surgery I have not said anything about - without going into detail it is a prolapse - as one bright person put it 'the bottom has dropped out of my world' No dates yet, and as I am on the short notice list, I may only get 24/48 hours, but it will be within 6 months!

Kelly - praying for your DH

Maggie your Patio cover is great - and your lawn - ours are starting to green up, but there is still al lot of brown there.

You girls surely sound a busy lot!! Take care over there!

Praying for all those involved in the Boston bombing
Old 04-15-2013, 05:27 PM   #4592
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Maxine, I'm with you on that one - my heart SUNK as a I watched that on the news. What on earth - so much devastation. And no one claiming responsibility - what was the point, NONE! I'm so heartsick.

Praying for you, too -that's such short notice, oh my.

DH ended up at the dr - not the ER (yet) - so we're holding down the fort to see how he does.

Maggie, awesome patio - we had the brick style house when we lived in Alabama, very Southern style of building - 'cept your way over there in Tx! It's going to be a nice shade block, that's for sure. TFS
Old 04-15-2013, 06:27 PM   #4593
Pearl-ExPert

Oh Maxine - bless your heart! Be sure and let us know when you're going to have that surgery! I'm sure all will be fine though. Hang in there!

Kelly, hope your husband finds out good news on this!

Yes, horrible about Boston! So sad what the world is coming to.

Lynn
Old 04-16-2013, 03:08 AM   #4594
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post

Maggie, the patio cover looks great! You're really going to love that (and so are the kitties)!!! And, what's this!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU HAVE GRASS!!!!! I'm so jealous!!! LOL! Looks great!
Hope you start feeling better!

Lynn
Thanks. Can't wait to get the concrete slab scheduled. LOL! Yes, I have grass. It's funny that you mentioned that because my front lawn was always a problem with the big Oak tree out there, but now that the Oak tree is gone, it has greened out too and my DD actually mentioned that on Sunday when they were over. She said she didn't remember ever having such a green front yard.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-16-2013, 03:09 AM   #4595
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
I did reply earlier and for whatever reason it didn't post.........

The surgery I have not said anything about - without going into detail it is a prolapse - as one bright person put it 'the bottom has dropped out of my world' No dates yet, and as I am on the short notice list, I may only get 24/48 hours, but it will be within 6 months!

Kelly - praying for your DH

Maggie your Patio cover is great - and your lawn - ours are starting to green up, but there is still al lot of brown there.

You girls surely sound a busy lot!! Take care over there!

Praying for all those involved in the Boston bombing
I hope they can schedule the surgery sooner than later for you. You sure have to be at the ready for that.

I wish I could say that the green is all grass, but is actually a lot of weed stuff. At least it is green.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-16-2013, 03:12 AM   #4596
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Oh Maxine, I'm with you on that one - my heart SUNK as a I watched that on the news. What on earth - so much devastation. And no one claiming responsibility - what was the point, NONE! I'm so heartsick.

Praying for you, too -that's such short notice, oh my.

DH ended up at the dr - not the ER (yet) - so we're holding down the fort to see how he does.

Maggie, awesome patio - we had the brick style house when we lived in Alabama, very Southern style of building - 'cept your way over there in Tx! It's going to be a nice shade block, that's for sure. TFS
Prayers for your DH's recovery.

My brick house is one of the few on my street. They are mostly siding. I'm so glad that we picked this one so there isn't quite as much upkeep to it.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-16-2013, 03:13 AM   #4597
Quacker Stamper

I'm doing somewhat better this morning, enough I think so I can get back to work.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-16-2013, 04:55 AM   #4598

Maggie, I love your patio cover... and I'm sure your outside furry friends will, too!

Kelly, sorry Tony is in such pain - and not nice that this is happening again. Ugh! Praying!!!

Maxine, I'm sure you're not looking forward to surgery, but the results will be worth it, I hope!

Lynn, the weekend after next I get to meet Darlene!!! And hang out with 4 other SCS ladies, too! Woo Hoo!!! I'm so excited!

Old 04-16-2013, 05:52 AM   #4599
Quacker Stamper

I am such a doofuus!!!!! Completely skipped Lynn's Birthday on Saturday! Sorry Lynn. Card is in the mail.

^ Belated
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-16-2013, 05:54 AM   #4600
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post

Maggie, I love your patio cover... and I'm sure your outside furry friends will, too!

Kelly, sorry Tony is in such pain - and not nice that this is happening again. Ugh! Praying!!!

Maxine, I'm sure you're not looking forward to surgery, but the results will be worth it, I hope!

Lynn, the weekend after next I get to meet Darlene!!! And hang out with 4 other SCS ladies, too! Woo Hoo!!! I'm so excited!
How exciting for you and Darlene! You'll have to be sure to take lots of photos. We want to live vicariously through you.

I think they will love it too once it's all finished and I have flower beds all fixed up with shrubs and plants all around that hey can hide in. And I'll have chairs and mats down where they can curl up for a nap.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts