Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2013, 03:48 PM   #4441
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
Not sure if this counts as DOTW but I do have a question for you crafters!

Where/How do you store your completed cards?

I need a better system! Other than the ones I mail to their recepients, some of them I post to give at a later date or complete as a DT required card. I have some in a large scrapbook album with sheer sleeves and slide them in, but it's bursting at the seems and too large. I have a few others in 2 large photo boxes with dividers, again, it's overstuffed. I just mailed off a TON of cards from old swaps and ones I've made/collected but there are still a bunch left. Whoda thunk we make as much as we do

I'm curious as to how you all store your cards so you can teach me!
I also use both those systems. I have about 1/2 dozen large binders with photo sleeves in them where I keep cards that I want to keep - those that people have sent to me. My cards that I use, I keep in photo boxes. I have 3 photo boxes. I try to make cards that I'm going to use. The rest of them I want to put in my Etsy shop when I get it set up.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-02-2013, 07:48 PM   #4442
Die Cut Diva

I'm not going to get "the plan" with my iPad. Just use it at the house since it's wireless here. I mainly wanted one to take back to the laundry(craft) room and use it there. I hope I'm going to like it. Still trying to figure out what's what right now though.

Dentist........uck!!! Hope it's all better now Maxine.

Kelly, thank you SO MUCH for the Discussion of the Week today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I store my cards in photo boxes with dividers and labeled on each box as to what kind of cards are in it - like Birthday, Get Well, etc..... Right now I've got 4 boxes - but am going to need more soon I'm afraid! If I quit making cards today I'd have enough for the rest of my lifetime!!!! I also have a big box that I can send to OWH - however, I heard that they don't want them unless you include an envelope now!! Has anyone else heard this?
ANY ideas of how to store all these cards or what to do with them would be great!!

Will check in tomorrow......I actually made a card today - ugly as it is! At least I have something going up on the blog so everyone won't think I'm gone for good. I even included Rambo in the post! LOL!

Lynn
Old 04-02-2013, 08:35 PM   #4443
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Awesome tips, girls! I like the idea of the file box and should prob make those dividers!

Oh,Lynn, you are going to love the iPad once you get the hang of it! I use mine just at home, too ... Like now! The fun element is the insistance that it auto correct what you type ROFL!

Exhausted and heading to,zzzzz!!"xoxo
Old 04-03-2013, 03:55 AM   #4444
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
I'm not going to get "the plan" with my iPad. Just use it at the house since it's wireless here. I mainly wanted one to take back to the laundry(craft) room and use it there. I hope I'm going to like it. Still trying to figure out what's what right now though.

Dentist........uck!!! Hope it's all better now Maxine.

Kelly, thank you SO MUCH for the Discussion of the Week today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I store my cards in photo boxes with dividers and labeled on each box as to what kind of cards are in it - like Birthday, Get Well, etc..... Right now I've got 4 boxes - but am going to need more soon I'm afraid! If I quit making cards today I'd have enough for the rest of my lifetime!!!! I also have a big box that I can send to OWH - however, I heard that they don't want them unless you include an envelope now!! Has anyone else heard this?
ANY ideas of how to store all these cards or what to do with them would be great!!

Will check in tomorrow......I actually made a card today - ugly as it is! At least I have something going up on the blog so everyone won't think I'm gone for good. I even included Rambo in the post! LOL!

Lynn
I have a bunch of cards that I want to donate and I do have envelopes for them. I need to find out how to do this.

I have my PSC card up on my blog.

We had a bad storm come through last night right at bedtime so I was up late until it passed over us. There was lots of lightning and heavy rain. I felt so bad for Corey being out in that mess. I saw him head over behind the cat/dog house where the roof overhangs so he'd be out of the rain. You would think that he'd go IN the little house. Silly cat.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-03-2013, 05:32 AM   #4445
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Awwwwwwwwww.... poor Corey.

Okay, I have a question for all you ipad owners. It was my understanding that you could use them without a dataplan anywhere that has free wireless, is that right? For instance, if I took it to Thailand where the hotel has free wireless, I could connect with home - without paying. Am I right? Because some of you say you use it only at home, so I'm confused. Thanks for helping me understand.
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
Come Chat with Me in the Chit Chat Forum
Old 04-03-2013, 09:14 AM   #4446
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post

Awwwwwwwwww.... poor Corey.

Okay, I have a question for all you ipad owners. It was my understanding that you could use them without a dataplan anywhere that has free wireless, is that right? For instance, if I took it to Thailand where the hotel has free wireless, I could connect with home - without paying. Am I right? Because some of you say you use it only at home, so I'm confused. Thanks for helping me understand.
Yes and no You can use the free wireless, ie, hotels and coffee spots, etc but sometimes they require you to sign in under THEIR server. Unless you have your own dataplan, which I did up until a month or two ago, and it's about $20. to $25.00 a month - at least here it was and that's via my husband's iphone plan. Anyway, some places are FREE, but you are not secured. IOW, dont' check your bank accounts or buy with a CC but for just turning it on and off, SOME places are 'free' wireless. I took it everywhere and it was about 75% non-connection ability (like at the dentist, we'd have to go ask the reception for their server code to access it) and 25% automatic. When it was the 75% non-connection, I would just switch to my plan and let my own server let me use it whereever, whenever.

I'm not sure about international use - I think that's a whole other issue, but I don't know for sure.

Good afternoon to all! I'm off to church - little man is in the school play for chapel week as the narrator He'll be behind the scenes which is totally fine and i'm so proud of him - he has a huge amount of reading to do!

Hugs!
Old 04-03-2013, 12:57 PM   #4447
Die Cut Diva

Jeanette, I wouldn't have a clue to that answer! I do know that when I was at my daughters, we hooked into hers and I was able to use it there. That's about the extent of my knowledge! Not much, right! LOL! Kelly is right though.......maybe international is different. Do you know someone else that was on that trip last year that used one?

Maggie, we had a storm (actually 2 of them) too! Last night late we got about 1/2 inch of rain and then again the same thing this morning!!! YEAH!!!! At least we didn't have any hail! Very cool outside though now and I loved seeing the rain!

I have a question.........I recently commented on a gals blog about her patterned paper she used. It was so pretty. Anyway, she e-mailed and told me where I could get it for $1.00 - for 52 colors!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just downloaded it while ago and printed out one of the colors. It's ok, but not really as bright as if it was regular DP. I'm just using a Canon ink jet printer. Is there some printer that would make the colors more vivid? Or do I even want to know how much one of them cost if there is?

Lynn
Old 04-03-2013, 01:21 PM   #4448
Stazon Splitcoast

Cool, Lynn! I have never used digi papers printed from the computer, just the images

Maggie, is Corey okay after that rain?

Lynn and all Texans, I saw on the news a HUGE tornado touched down yesterday - I was hoping it wasn't anywhere near you. It was a scary sight!

x00x
Old 04-03-2013, 02:08 PM   #4449

Thanks Kelly and Lynn! You are more helpful than you think.

Lynn, yes, several of the team members had them last year and used them - but I didn't think to ask questions - so I don't know if they had/used a data plan or if they were using the hotel's wireless.

We have Verizon, and they are sooooooooooo expensive for International calls, that I don't take a cell phone with me when I go on the international mission trips. My DH has an emergency phone # where he could get a message to me if there were a need, but we have no contact while I'm gone. So I thought if I had an ipad, i'd be able to have contact with him without cost, if I could use the wireless in the hotel there in Thailand.

Guess it doesn't really matter, since I don't have an ipad. LOL!

Old 04-03-2013, 02:19 PM   #4450
Stazon Splitcoast

Jeanette, NOT YET, hee hee! I'll call my BIL in a bit and ask him whle I'm on the phone, he's an IT guru and there isnt' much he doesn't know - he has every gadget known to man.

Where is dinner taking you this evening, ladies? We are heading SOUTH!
Well, UP from me, lol! We're going to the deep south - I'm making homemade mashed 'taters, chicken wings (for dh, upon request) and chicken fried chicken for the rest of the group plus white milk gravy, corn and FOR ME ...... corn bread muffins! Yum!!!!

Shall I pull up any extra chairs?
Old 04-03-2013, 02:21 PM   #4451

Kelly, yes you should pull up a chair for me! I don't cook on Wednesdays! So I'd love to come to your house for dinner. While I won't cook anything, I'd be happy to run by the bakery or somewhere and pick up some dessert to share.

Old 04-03-2013, 02:22 PM   #4452

And oh, I wish I could say NOT YET, but it will probably not be for a LONG TIME. alas!

Old 04-03-2013, 03:54 PM   #4453
Die Cut Diva

Kelly, I'm on my way!!!!! We're having pulled pork. Not as good as the chicken but passable.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:03 PM   #4454
Pearl-ExPert

You girls are making me hungry - or maybe it is the smell of the drip stew I have on the go for our dinner - to be served with micro-waved potatoes in their jackets and brocoilli (?spelling, spellcheck is being uncooperative) and carrots ....
Old 04-03-2013, 06:07 PM   #4455
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Yes and no You can use the free wireless, ie, hotels and coffee spots, etc but sometimes they require you to sign in under THEIR server. Unless you have your own dataplan, which I did up until a month or two ago, and it's about $20. to $25.00 a month - at least here it was and that's via my husband's iphone plan. Anyway, some places are FREE, but you are not secured. IOW, dont' check your bank accounts or buy with a CC but for just turning it on and off, SOME places are 'free' wireless. I took it everywhere and it was about 75% non-connection ability (like at the dentist, we'd have to go ask the reception for their server code to access it) and 25% automatic. When it was the 75% non-connection, I would just switch to my plan and let my own server let me use it whereever, whenever.

I'm not sure about international use - I think that's a whole other issue, but I don't know for sure.

Good afternoon to all! I'm off to church - little man is in the school play for chapel week as the narrator He'll be behind the scenes which is totally fine and i'm so proud of him - he has a huge amount of reading to do!

Hugs!
I don't know anything about the iPad, but I know that if I want to log on to the Internet with my Kindle Fire, I need to use someone else's WiFi. I don't have a data plan. I can read my books or play games on it though without the WiFi. I haven't had a problem though with that because so far I've only used it at both my DD's, at work, and at church.

Hope the play and narration went okay for your DS.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-03-2013, 06:10 PM   #4456
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Jeanette, I wouldn't have a clue to that answer! I do know that when I was at my daughters, we hooked into hers and I was able to use it there. That's about the extent of my knowledge! Not much, right! LOL! Kelly is right though.......maybe international is different. Do you know someone else that was on that trip last year that used one?

Maggie, we had a storm (actually 2 of them) too! Last night late we got about 1/2 inch of rain and then again the same thing this morning!!! YEAH!!!! At least we didn't have any hail! Very cool outside though now and I loved seeing the rain!

I have a question.........I recently commented on a gals blog about her patterned paper she used. It was so pretty. Anyway, she e-mailed and told me where I could get it for $1.00 - for 52 colors!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just downloaded it while ago and printed out one of the colors. It's ok, but not really as bright as if it was regular DP. I'm just using a Canon ink jet printer. Is there some printer that would make the colors more vivid? Or do I even want to know how much one of them cost if there is?

Lynn
I wish I knew more about what my boss is doing about his upcoming trip overseas. I'm sure he'll be taking his iPhone and iPad along. He's been talking with different people about what to do while he's over in Europe. I think there is one company called Bonigo.

I thought our rain was over, but it started up a little bit tonight after I got home from work and fed the kitties. It wasn't very hard though and they were okay and mostly done eating.

I bought some digital paper awhile back, but haven't even tried to use it yet. I figure it's going to use up a lot of my toner.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-03-2013, 06:12 PM   #4457
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Cool, Lynn! I have never used digi papers printed from the computer, just the images

Maggie, is Corey okay after that rain?

Lynn and all Texans, I saw on the news a HUGE tornado touched down yesterday - I was hoping it wasn't anywhere near you. It was a scary sight!

x00x
Kelly, thanks for asking about Corey. He is just fine. I'm the one that gets all nervous and upset for him. I saw tonight with the drizzley rain that Louis (my outside boy cat) was laying inside the cat/doghouse. At least one of them appreciates it.

No tornadoes down this way thank goodness.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-03-2013, 06:15 PM   #4458
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Jeanette, NOT YET, hee hee! I'll call my BIL in a bit and ask him whle I'm on the phone, he's an IT guru and there isnt' much he doesn't know - he has every gadget known to man.

Where is dinner taking you this evening, ladies? We are heading SOUTH!
Well, UP from me, lol! We're going to the deep south - I'm making homemade mashed 'taters, chicken wings (for dh, upon request) and chicken fried chicken for the rest of the group plus white milk gravy, corn and FOR ME ...... corn bread muffins! Yum!!!!

Shall I pull up any extra chairs?
Sounds yummy. I opened a can of Healthy Choice chicken noodle soup. The weather was pretty nasty and chilly here again, so it tasted really good. I love soups in the winter time. Then I had a little chocolate cake treat with lots of light whipped cream on top.

Going back to my stamp room now and see about clearing out some more stamp sets. I already have one box full.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-03-2013, 06:18 PM   #4459
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
You girls are making me hungry - or maybe it is the smell of the drip stew I have on the go for our dinner - to be served with micro-waved potatoes in their jackets and brocoilli (?spelling, spellcheck is being uncooperative) and carrots ....
Did ya'll see on FB a new way to bake potatoes. You peel them, then slice them real thin, but not all the way through so it stays connected. Then you drizzle olive oil over it, some melted butter, sea salt and pepper and then bake at 425* for 40 minutes. They really sound yummy and I can't wait to try it out.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-03-2013, 06:52 PM   #4460
Die Cut Diva

Maggie, your soup sounds pretty good right now. Chilly here too.
Maxine, what's drip stew? Never heard of it.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:42 PM   #4461
Pearl-ExPert

Drip stew is simply a cheap meat sliced finely, placed in a bowl with seasonings, and finely sliced onion (I also used a few cherry tomatoes), covered and then put in a pot over cold water and bring to boil slowly. Simmer until cooked - usually a couple of hours.

It is very tasty as the condensate just drips back into it and moistens the stew - you can thicken it near the end if you want with cornstarch.

Made two cards today.... one was mainly digi as I was in a hurry , and the other a blend of digi and stamping. Can't see me getting them blogged as it is nearly 8:00 p.m. and I want to get the ironing done...........
Old 04-04-2013, 03:37 AM   #4462
Gabfest Goddess

Good Morning Addicted Friends! (Remember me? ha ha)

It's been a crazy week, personally and professionally, but the hard headed woman shall prevail LOL

Read back to catch up some...

Jeanette: I've had an iPad for a little over a year now with no data plan. Some carriers now offer data plans by the month. I take mine everywhere so that my shoulders are spared carrying the laptop. Usually I can get on a public WiFi, but as others noted, you do want to be careful what you do on an unsecured network. I use mine for a combination of personal and business purposes. I like having both email accounts synced to it so that I can keep up.

Maggie: I can understand your worry about the outdoor kitties in the storms! Smiling in sympathy at watching them afraid to go into the dog house for cover. My youngest bird, Lou, has decided that her sleep cage is one of the play cages downstairs in front of the window. Well, it gets COLD down there at night so I bought her a heated perch. Took her almost 3 weeks to finally try it out. LOL But now she loves it! Aren't they strange like that?

All: I do NOT have a system for my card storage. What a mess! Guess I need to get some photo boxes like you are doing.

Maxine: cringe & shudder about your dentist trip. Hopefully all is well now.

I've been neglecting making comments on everyone's blogs but promise to catch up this weekend. Things have just been too hectic around here the past week. Looking forward to a calm, uneventful weekend with some crafting time!

Have a good day - off to get ready for work.

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 04-04-2013, 04:19 AM   #4463
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts.

I did a little more purging of my stamp sets last night. Still trying to get everything organized to have room for new stuff.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-04-2013, 05:27 AM   #4464

Oh!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I see!!! The motivation for cleaning/purging in the stamp room is that when you do, there is ROOM for NEW toys! Brilliant concept, Maggie!

Maxine, your drip soup sounds interesting... I'd love to invite myself over for dinner.

Lynn, I'm ready for warmer weather; how about you?

Darlene... thank you for the information about the ipad! You are so helpful! Hopefully by the next mission trip I go on (not this year's) I will be able to have one. Nothing like planning ahead, right? I'm sorry life has been so hectic lately.... I know you will prevail! But still, it would be nice if things could be better. Hugs!!!

I, too, need to get to the blogs and leave some love. I'm going to try to get there today. We'll see. My day is filling fast. LOL!

Old 04-04-2013, 06:24 AM   #4465
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
Drip stew is simply a cheap meat sliced finely, placed in a bowl with seasonings, and finely sliced onion (I also used a few cherry tomatoes), covered and then put in a pot over cold water and bring to boil slowly. Simmer until cooked - usually a couple of hours.

It is very tasty as the condensate just drips back into it and moistens the stew - you can thicken it near the end if you want with cornstarch.

Made two cards today.... one was mainly digi as I was in a hurry , and the other a blend of digi and stamping. Can't see me getting them blogged as it is nearly 8:00 p.m. and I want to get the ironing done...........
That sounds very interesting. Kind of like when you steam vegetables. I guess you need a big pot of water so it doesn't boil or simmer away while you're cooking. I think I'm going to have to give this a try.

Ironing????????? I don't do that anymore. My ironing board seems to be a good place for my kitties to sleep.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-04-2013, 06:27 AM   #4466
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcardmaking View Post
Good Morning Addicted Friends! (Remember me? ha ha)

It's been a crazy week, personally and professionally, but the hard headed woman shall prevail LOL

Read back to catch up some...

Maggie: I can understand your worry about the outdoor kitties in the storms! Smiling in sympathy at watching them afraid to go into the dog house for cover. My youngest bird, Lou, has decided that her sleep cage is one of the play cages downstairs in front of the window. Well, it gets COLD down there at night so I bought her a heated perch. Took her almost 3 weeks to finally try it out. LOL But now she loves it! Aren't they strange like that?

All: I do NOT have a system for my card storage. What a mess! Guess I need to get some photo boxes like you are doing.

I've been neglecting making comments on everyone's blogs but promise to catch up this weekend. Things have just been too hectic around here the past week. Looking forward to a calm, uneventful weekend with some crafting time!

Have a good day - off to get ready for work.
Glad to see you pop in Darlene. Sorry life has been getting in the way of more important things, like chatting.

That's funny that your bird didn't want to sit on the heated perch. I bet that warmth feels really good on her little feet now.

Good luck on having a quiet weekend. Mine should be also. No plans except I do want to go look for a tree for my front yard. Then need to call the yard man about the front flower bed. I could do the rose garden in the back yard also. The rest will have to wait until after the patio goes up.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-04-2013, 06:30 AM   #4467
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Oh!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I see!!! The motivation for cleaning/purging in the stamp room is that when you do, there is ROOM for NEW toys! Brilliant concept, Maggie!

Darlene... thank you for the information about the ipad! You are so helpful! Hopefully by the next mission trip I go on (not this year's) I will be able to have one. Nothing like planning ahead, right? I'm sorry life has been so hectic lately.... I know you will prevail! But still, it would be nice if things could be better. Hugs!!!

I, too, need to get to the blogs and leave some love. I'm going to try to get there today. We'll see. My day is filling fast. LOL!
Well, I've won a few challenges over the last several weeks and most of those were new stamps, so I do have a big new stash to work with, but they need to be organized and put in DVD cases and labeled. The ones I'm pulling out are those that I haven't used in a long time. Actually 2 are still unmounted. What was I thinking!

Your mission trip is coming up fast Jeanette. Should be only a week or so now. Are you getting really excited?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-04-2013, 06:45 AM   #4468

Maggie, it's a couple of months yet until my mission trip - but yes, I am getting excited! I've been working hard on the preparations.

YAY for new (FREE!) toys!

Old 04-04-2013, 06:54 AM   #4469
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Maggie, it's a couple of months yet until my mission trip - but yes, I am getting excited! I've been working hard on the preparations.

YAY for new (FREE!) toys!
Ooops. . sorry, I thought it was coming up sooner than that. I know you have, and it's going to be so fabulous for you.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-04-2013, 06:58 AM   #4470

Thanks, Maggie!

Old 04-04-2013, 07:25 AM   #4471
Die Cut Diva

Morning!

Maggie what are you doing with your purged stamps? I need to do this too.

Maxine, your stew sounds yummy!!!

Jeanette, know you're looking forward to that trip. Wish we could all go with you

Shelly when do you leave for china?

Kelly, how did you son do in his play last night?

Will check in later. We start painting the kitchen today! Not looking forward to this at all
Old 04-04-2013, 07:31 AM   #4472
Stazon Splitcoast

OH so chatty you girls - love !!!! Sounds like some yummy recipes I'll need to be trying (minus the drip stew, though is does sounds YUMMY - my family are huge into meat eating - a MUST HAVE at every meal) Me, alas, Im a vegetarian and no-no meat for me!
Love that potato recipe - must give that a go!

Darlene, be good to yourself!

YAY for blog wins, Maggie!! Happy stamping!! I just wish I could get my Cabana in order! Seriously, I just do not have the time -and I'm thinking at this rate, it'll be summer before it's finished!

IRONING ...... raising my hand! I dont' mind ironing, actually - I find it relaxing! What I DO NOT like is dishes! Ugh, bleck, yuck! Our dishwasher works when it wants and most I do it by hand and am not a fan, lol! Give me any chore but bathrooms and dishes

I had the most magical moment today - getting home from the kids schools. I had a few minutes in the driveway texting my daughter asking me about a book she left behind and saw two butterflies in flight - chasing, dipping, diving, soaring! It was mesmerizing!!! What a beautiful moment from God

x0x0
Old 04-04-2013, 07:36 AM   #4473
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Morning!

Maggie what are you doing with your purged stamps? I need to do this too.

Maxine, your stew sounds yummy!!!

Jeanette, know you're looking forward to that trip. Wish we could all go with you

Shelly when do you leave for china?

Kelly, how did you son do in his play last night?

Will check in later. We start painting the kitchen today! Not looking forward to this at all
First I am making a list. Some of my SCS GF's that I chat with want a list to see if there's anything they want and then it all goes to my DD to put on E-Bay. The $$ that I make from the sales goes in a special savings account for my DGC.

Good luck with the painting. That is a job that I hire out to have done.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-04-2013, 07:39 AM   #4474
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
OH so chatty you girls - love !!!! Sounds like some yummy recipes I'll need to be trying (minus the drip stew, though is does sounds YUMMY - my family are huge into meat eating - a MUST HAVE at every meal) Me, alas, Im a vegetarian and no-no meat for me!
Love that potato recipe - must give that a go!

Darlene, be good to yourself!

YAY for blog wins, Maggie!! Happy stamping!! I just wish I could get my Cabana in order! Seriously, I just do not have the time -and I'm thinking at this rate, it'll be summer before it's finished!

IRONING ...... raising my hand! I dont' mind ironing, actually - I find it relaxing! What I DO NOT like is dishes! Ugh, bleck, yuck! Our dishwasher works when it wants and most I do it by hand and am not a fan, lol! Give me any chore but bathrooms and dishes

I had the most magical moment today - getting home from the kids schools. I had a few minutes in the driveway texting my daughter asking me about a book she left behind and saw two butterflies in flight - chasing, dipping, diving, soaring! It was mesmerizing!!! What a beautiful moment from God

x0x0
As to my stamp room, I do a little bit every night.

Oh, sweet seeing the butterflies at play. I really want to have butterfly bushes in my back yard. Can't wait until the patio is finished so I can redo the flower beds and work on some landscaping.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-04-2013, 07:42 AM   #4475

You ladies have made me SMILE! I want to see butterflies... and I also would love to take all of you with me to Thailand!

Old 04-04-2013, 11:56 AM   #4476
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Hello ladies- and WOW- I had a lot of blog post reading to do to catch up!

We had a nice day with Stephi in Michigan- we drove up Saturday night after I got off work- stopped in to see her briefly, then picked her up in the AM for standing room only Easter Mass and then went to eat. We went to see the new Arts building and saw all of the exhibits, visited with her a bit while hubby walked the dog and looked at her bike wheel, then headed home.

I had to work Mon/Wed and am trying to get papercrafting done in a timely manner, but so much to do I am last minute again!

The Technique Junkies have a blog hop I had to make 2 projects for yesterday and I have to post again tomorrow for them- so lots of stamping going on- still liking it though : ) aka I am enjoying trying new things still.... but seems like I do it last minute and late @ night- yep.....

When we were in China, we used a cell phone a friend gave us- but plan on taking unlocked Iphones with us from after our last upgrade. We have three all together- one from my Mom- I am going to leave that one with Katie- Darlene- look into that- we are going to buy a use as you go card in China when we arrive. We'll use them kind of like walkie talkies- so we can text, "were the heck are you", or "meet me here at such and such a time"....!

Good to hear you got some rain in Texas! We are up to almost 50 today, and there are green tops of flowers poking through Mother Earth.... : )

Maxine- Oh how I hate going to the dentist. Last visit, I had a BIG cavity- got a crown- the tooth is still really sensitive to cold too....and another that is sensitive when I floss. Two things- the dentist told me my teeth are concave on the top- so those are more prone to cavities. Also- crowns have gold in them, so you really cannot see under them when they do X-rays. MMM- the stew sounds delicious. We are having Pork Chops on the grill tonight- my hubbys specialty, all I have to do is make quick sides to go with it.

Storage- I have piles of cards AND I store them in tupperware containers that are like 10 or 22" long and wide enough for cards and have dividers- for like B-day, Sympathy, St Pat's etc..... I hate to admit I have been so bad about sending cards out.

Kelly- I do not love to Iron.... but I know how to turn the iron on- if I have to : ) Glad you have a little breather to create and drop in here.

Lynn- I am sure you will pick up the IPad quickly- and by the way- I loved your card- it was darling! Glad you had a fun visit with the little ones too. I enjoy painting, but do not enjoy picking out colors. I do not enjoy the ceilings at all.

Oh- and we are leaving on the 18th- will not be able to see blogs- I may have internet- not sure- and can go to SCS- well I got on last visit.

Jeanette- your trip will be here before you know it! I bet the scenery there is breathtaking!

Maggie- you are getting alot done lately! You go girl! I have alot of stuff to sell, and really need to get in and sort my room. My desk is a disaster after a card or two...not sure why- I try, but cannot seem to keep in tidy..... it makes me a little crazy- especially if I am missing a stamp- that doesn't happen to anyone does it?

Have a great day- the sun is out- so going to get out and walk the pooch!

Shelly
Old 04-04-2013, 01:00 PM   #4477

Hi Shelly... so glad you had a good time with Stephi! And wow! It won't be long before you head to China. How exciting!!!

Old 04-04-2013, 01:44 PM   #4478
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
As to my stamp room, I do a little bit every night.

Oh, sweet seeing the butterflies at play. I really want to have butterfly bushes in my back yard. Can't wait until the patio is finished so I can redo the flower beds and work on some landscaping.
My backyard neighbor planted several butterfly bushes for her garden and they are just magical! They come to visit us all the time

I got lucky this afternoon! Dd is making us hamburgers for dinner (all except for me!) and tater tots - what a fun dinner for them! I'm sure dh will wonder what on earth ..... lol! I told her whatever she felt like making - AND I smell Brownies baking - WITH walnuts!! How lucky can a mommy be! *THOSE* will be my dinner, he he ...

We had a scary moment - she called from school saying they made an announcement that school was being closed right at bell ringing and ALL afterschool activies and buses were cancelled due to a Tornado warning?!! What? It was bright and beautiful here -the news said NOTHING, the weather channel NOTHING, the private school where my son is at say "what?" like I did .... I don't understand it - 3 hours later, not a spec of rain or storm in sight. Hmmmmm, maybe someone wanted the afternoon off at the Public Schools, hee hee! Better be safe than sorry, but the school is actually a shelter - CAT 4 Hurricane withstanding but they thought the kids would be safer in cars from a possible Tornado. O-kay!

*Hugs* all around!
Old 04-04-2013, 05:13 PM   #4479
Die Cut Diva

Shelly, glad you got to spend some time with Stephi!

Kelly, brownies sound delish for supper tonight!!! When my daughter was in high school she always had a package of M & M's for breakfast!!!!! She could afford it since she weighed about 90 pounds soaking wet! Now I think it's starting to catch up with her though and she's on Weight Watchers!!! LOL!

We're not having anything to eat tonight! Period!!!!! Jim took me out a lunch and I told him to eat hearty since that was going to be it for the day! We completed Day 1 of the painting project! My body hurts in places I didn't even know I had - and all we did was patch a few nail holes and wash down all the walls and the ceiling. Pulling out the frig and everything else that's involved in painting takes forever. (Which reminds me - DO NOT EVER PULL OUT THE FRIG!!!!!!!!!! It's so scary!!!!!) I'm MUCH too old for this!!!! Tomorrow we grab the rollers and paint brushes! I figure it'll take us about a week to complete this little project since we have to do the cabinets too(old house). Plus the chairs, etc. We have a farm-house table so gotta do the legs of that and the chairs. I'm already exhausted!!!!

Tonight we're watching the Spurs, taking a bath, and going to BED!!!!!!!!

Lynn
Old 04-05-2013, 05:00 AM   #4480

I'm dashing through before heading to the city to go to a CKC - I'm taking a card-making class, shopping, eating at Chipotle, and going to Starbucks! YAY! It's going to be a marvelous day!