Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2013, 07:05 AM   #6681
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
Lucky you with the melatonin - not available here unless on prescription, and very difficult to buy overseas and bring in too - it gets stopped if 'they' get wind of it. I had a friend who was constantly getting thwarted when they tried to get it.

Glad to hear your hand is improving Maggie.

Shelly take card and rest - chest colds/coughs are nasty - as you would well know.

Our grandson was discharged from hospital this afternoon, but will be on oral antibiotics for another 5-6 weeks. I have no idea how the infection got into his pelvis bones - at least it was not his hip, which would have been far worse, apparently.

Have spent time in the studio and nearly have the class sample done ready for nect week.
I could send you some. Do incoming packages go through some sort of screening when they enter the country?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-06-2013, 07:07 AM   #6682
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
Oh Shell, do take care!!! How uncomfortable thqat must be, hopefully you have some of the good stuff to make it go away

Yes, things have a way of falling into my cart! Imagine

I actually went to Joanns and Michaels yesterday to pick up other odds and ends and felt like Santa claus. I was making lists, lol! I'd so much rather have them locally than pay shipping!! I found every single thing I was looking for, yay!

The party is getting .... interesting And it's still 2 months away! Well, a month and a half .... lol
That's fabulous that you're getting your shopping for done already. I can't wait to hear all about this awesome party and the pictures I'm sure will be great so you'll have memories to scrapbook.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-06-2013, 07:10 AM   #6683
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
Still on the couch...coughing..... Reading my e-mail and wanted to pass on- in case you do not follow Gina K- she has a Blog Hop with Faber Castel this week and they are using Gelato's on the FC blog. The 1st post today on the FC blog has a video of a scrapbook page- not my style, but shows a couple of great ways to add color or to use the Gelato's.........
I particularly like how she spreads the color with a baby wipe- and look how vibrant the color is on the leaves......

Jeanette- that is still lots of ornaments- your yo-yo angel is so sweet! Yep Kelly- I love Pintrest for ideas too- you are so busy- and very productive too!

I am going to sign off and take a rest. I am so dingy- last night I posted my DT project for SS- wrote up the post and forgot to add the picture.....ding, ding! Glad I am not working!

Shelly
LOL! That is too funny Shell. Sorry you're still feeling so bad and forgot your card photo. Sounds like something I would do.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-06-2013, 09:29 AM   #6684
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Hello

Oh Maggie- I was so dingy yesterday- I taped the stairs to paint the back panel and the trim(took me all day- did it in small sections throughout the day), and I put the tape on the painted part and not the wood on one side of the stairs- when I realized it, I laughed at myself..... Thankful it is a day off....hahahaha I put the tape where we will be painting......

I got the taping done and made hubby dinner with one of the pre-packaged meals I bought. (12 mini meals- each one has a serving for 3- perfect for us). Alot of these meals- some of them are things I do not normally make. I made Chicken Marbella out of a bag. I would never try this because I dislike olives- but it was fabulous- hubby LOVED it. That did me in for the evening.....hahahaha He was very tired- he got up at 4AM and could not go back to sleep- it woke me up that he was not in bed, but I went right back to sleep.....

Paige- no way- 8 inches of snow already- Yikes!

Maggie- I love the swap you do with images, DP and stuff- I would love to put something like that together for fun- it is always so fun to see what you guys do with the same images! I have done so much family research- I love history and love hearing 'old' stories of ancestors! We have one line- Irish- that is very elusive!

Kelly....your tree man story made me laugh : )

Jeanette- have a great trip!

Off to go out- for the first time since Sat....... Dog is getting groomed today

Shelly
mschoener likes this post.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:32 AM   #6685
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
I could send you some. Do incoming packages go through some sort of screening when they enter the country?
ROFL!! Throw some chocolate in there to throw off the scent

SHell, what are you doing up!! I hope you don't overdo it so soon after getting better - baby steps!
Old 11-06-2013, 10:48 AM   #6686
Die Cut Diva

Paige...........Yiker Miker!!! SNOW!!! Is this early or not? I know I'd probably close myself up for the winter and not come out for any reason! Stay warm!!

As far as starting different projects, etc......Yep, I do it all the time! I'm not so bad with cards though. It's mainly with housework and yard work, etc.....I guess you just have to pick one thing and finish it off before even thinking of something else....however, if you have a good idea you just gotta run with it before you forget!!!

Is anyone having issues with Blogger right now?????? I use my dashboard to follow, click on, comment..........and it's not updating right. Several blogs I always comment on or not even appearing on the dashboard with their new card!!! Really growling around here and don't know what to do other than to go to them all and either subscribe or do the Bloglovin bit. Any suggestions!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-06-2013, 11:09 AM   #6687
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks Maggie - I don't need any melatonin - I sleep well enough now - have just slept for 81/2 hours straight! . I'd take the chocolate though, but don't you go sending any now, y'here!

Just had a txt from my DIL - DGS is now holding food and antibiotic and has slept all night!! thank you Lord, and thank you for your prayers.

You can keep your snow Paige - we are at the end of spring and loving it - with the rain we have had over the past few days you can almost see the peas growing, and the rest of the garden is look good too, apart from the tomato plants which are getting chewed

Hope I am not too late to say' have a great holiday' Jeanette.

Waving to you all - got to go and get dressed and have breakfast - I have my mammogram appt this morning, so it will be panadol (light pain relief) with brekkie. I find that makes it more bearable (the joys of being 'well endowed').
Old 11-06-2013, 02:22 PM   #6688
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Oh Maggie- I was so dingy yesterday- I taped the stairs to paint the back panel and the trim(took me all day- did it in small sections throughout the day), and I put the tape on the painted part and not the wood on one side of the stairs- when I realized it, I laughed at myself..... Thankful it is a day off....hahahaha I put the tape where we will be painting......

I got the taping done and made hubby dinner with one of the pre-packaged meals I bought. (12 mini meals- each one has a serving for 3- perfect for us). Alot of these meals- some of them are things I do not normally make. I made Chicken Marbella out of a bag. I would never try this because I dislike olives- but it was fabulous- hubby LOVED it. That did me in for the evening.....hahahaha He was very tired- he got up at 4AM and could not go back to sleep- it woke me up that he was not in bed, but I went right back to sleep.....

Paige- no way- 8 inches of snow already- Yikes!

Maggie- I love the swap you do with images, DP and stuff- I would love to put something like that together for fun- it is always so fun to see what you guys do with the same images! I have done so much family research- I love history and love hearing 'old' stories of ancestors! We have one line- Irish- that is very elusive!

Kelly....your tree man story made me laugh : )

Jeanette- have a great trip!

Off to go out- for the first time since Sat....... Dog is getting groomed today

Shelly
LOL! That sounds like something that I would do Shelly! Then I would just throw my hands up, walk away for a nap and think about it later!

Your pre-packaged meal sounds yummy. Where do you get them? Are they frozen?

Our Monthly Challenge swap goes until April 2014, but if you're interested when we start up again maybe you could be the 12th player. That's cool that you're working on your Family History. It really has helped reconnect with some extended family members.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-06-2013, 03:53 PM   #6689
Die Cut Diva

Maxine, so glad to hear the good news about your grandson! I know this is a relief for his parents too. Hope you had fun with that mammogram today (UCK!!!) I hate to have them but do it faithfully anyway.

Shelly, yep.....tell us about the pre-packaged food! That's what I need! I'm so tired of trying to think of something to fix and then having to cook it too. I think if I had the money I'd be one of those that would go out to eat for every meal - but then I guess that would get boring too!
Old 11-06-2013, 06:25 PM   #6690
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Ok............ dashing through really quickly.............. still need to pack tonight. However, I do have a comment............

Lynn, weren't you the one who wanted disposable clothes? And now you want to eat out every meal (or get prepackaged meals)??? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... sounds like a plan to me.
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
Come Chat with Me in the Chit Chat Forum
mschoener and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:39 PM   #6691
Die Cut Diva

Just trying to simplify life a bit!!! LOL!
Old 11-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #6692
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post
Ok............ dashing through really quickly.............. still need to pack tonight. However, I do have a comment............

Lynn, weren't you the one who wanted disposable clothes? And now you want to eat out every meal (or get prepackaged meals)??? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... sounds like a plan to me.
I'm packing too Jeanette. Where are you off to?. Just finished my shower and have 1/2 my things in the suitcase. Some I can't put in there until tomorrow when I get ready for work. I don't think I'll get any papercrafting done tonight. I want to be in bed early and get a good night's sleep so I won't be so tired driving up to Dallas tomorrow afternoon. I hope to get there about 8 or 8:30. I am taking my laptop so I'll be able to be on in the evenings after class. I need to get my commenting done before Sunday.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
luvcardmaking likes this post.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:59 PM   #6693
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Have a fun trip, Maggie!

We're heading to Branson to see the Christmas lights and take in a show or two, etc. But first we're going to go see my parents.
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
Come Chat with Me in the Chit Chat Forum
Old 11-06-2013, 07:07 PM   #6694
Die Cut Diva

BOTH of y'all have fun!!!!!!!!!!!! And be safe too.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:16 PM   #6695
Stazon Splitcoast

Praise the LORD!!!!!! That is wonderful news, Maxine!!!!!

Btw, you are the 2nd person I know that says brekkie! Too cute!!!

Quote:
Thanks Maggie - I don't need any melatonin - I sleep well enough now - have just slept for 81/2 hours straight! . I'd take the chocolate though, but don't you go sending any now, y'here!

Just had a txt from my DIL - DGS is now holding food and antibiotic and has slept all night!! thank you Lord, and thank you for your prayers.

You can keep your snow Paige - we are at the end of spring and loving it - with the rain we have had over the past few days you can almost see the peas growing, and the rest of the garden is look good too, apart from the tomato plants which are getting chewed

Waving to you all - got to go and get dressed and have breakfast - I have my mammogram appt this morning, so it will be panadol (light pain relief) with brekkie. I find that makes it more bearable (the joys of being 'well endowed').
Old 11-06-2013, 08:18 PM   #6696
Stazon Splitcoast

Disposable clothes? I'm not even sure what that means, LOL!

Have fun Maggie!! Both of ya'll have a great trip!

Paige, I will GLADLY take your snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I miss it snow much!!!!! I grew up with it, moved to Florida and now only see it if we travel. Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Maybe for my daughter's party, we'll bring in a snow truck Or at least a snow machine! Hee hee!
Old 11-06-2013, 08:20 PM   #6697
Die Cut Diva

What's a breakkie?
Old 11-06-2013, 08:22 PM   #6698
Die Cut Diva

Go for the snow machine! Can you imagine how much fun they'd have! Mom too!
Old 11-06-2013, 08:25 PM   #6699
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
What's a breakkie?
Breakfast, I presume!!
Old 11-06-2013, 08:26 PM   #6700
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks, Lynn! Our church has one every Christmas - they call it Snow Flurries after service - and it's basically those snow machines that have some sort of bubble fluid that looks a little like snow when it's flowing down, lol. Close as we'll get, that's for sure!
Old 11-06-2013, 08:32 PM   #6701
Die Cut Diva

Um......if I don't go to bed pretty quick I'll still be awake when brekkie rolls around!
Old 11-06-2013, 08:51 PM   #6702
Stazon Splitcoast

Dropping in again : )

My voice is back- but wheezing, and coughing alot, sore throat, so am going to doctor in the AM. I am going to stay home from work- boss is having a fit, but I do not think I can talk all day....... I hope to go in on Friday though- we'll see.

Here is a linky to my food place where I get 12 mini meals about every 2 months (3 servings- one for me-two for Ray). I highly recommend it. I mostly do it because my hubby is so hard working, and on the weeks I work alot, he suffers in regards to a good solid meal....so it helps us out alot. It is just easier, as the grocery shopping is less as well.

Snow flurries in Texas- sounds very interesting : ) I once met a cousin of my boss that had kids with him- they were in town for Christmas and it was the first time they had ever seen snow. It was so fun to see how excited the kids were! Too bad Paige cannot express it to you- Flurries in our forecast in a week. I love snow, but I am not looking forward to the 30 degree weather though.....

Jeanette and Maggie- safe travels!!!

I had better sign off- going to see the doc first thing in the AM.

Nite,
Shelly
Old 11-07-2013, 06:04 AM   #6703
Die Cut Diva

Shelly, I hope you get to the doc this morning and get some meds for this mess! AND, hope you start feeling better!!!

I'll have to check out the meal things. We get meat sometime from Omaha Steak Co. and that helps at times when I run out of stuff to make - but you still gotta cook it. I think I'm looking for a machine that sits at the house and your program what you want in it and it cooks it for you!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like a good idea, right! No cooking, no cleanup! Then you could get rid of most of the appliances in the kitchen too - and I could expand my crafts from the laundry room all the way into the kitchen! YES!!!!!!

Hope you feel better Shelly - and hope everyone has a good day.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:42 AM   #6704
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Paige...........Yiker Miker!!! SNOW!!! Is this early or not? I know I'd probably close myself up for the winter and not come out for any reason! Stay warm!!

As far as starting different projects, etc......Yep, I do it all the time! I'm not so bad with cards though. It's mainly with housework and yard work, etc.....I guess you just have to pick one thing and finish it off before even thinking of something else....however, if you have a good idea you just gotta run with it before you forget!!!

Is anyone having issues with Blogger right now?????? I use my dashboard to follow, click on, comment..........and it's not updating right. Several blogs I always comment on or not even appearing on the dashboard with their new card!!! Really growling around here and don't know what to do other than to go to them all and either subscribe or do the Bloglovin bit. Any suggestions!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, I don't know anything to help you. I use Bloglovin, but don't always have a chance to go through all the blogs.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-07-2013, 08:46 AM   #6705
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

LOL! well, I was going to send it to you and you could be the distributor there. What!!!!!!!!! No chocolate. I can't get through a day without a tiny bit.

Great news about your dgs! So glad that he is getting better. I'm sure a little less worry for all of you.

I know people who garden and they actually go out and find those critters that are chewing up the plants and pluck them off. Do you use any kind of pesticides or keep it all natural?

Hope them Mammo went well yesterday. It's a real bother.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-07-2013, 08:50 AM   #6706
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Dropping in again : )

My voice is back- but wheezing, and coughing alot, sore throat, so am going to doctor in the AM. I am going to stay home from work- boss is having a fit, but I do not think I can talk all day....... I hope to go in on Friday though- we'll see.

Here is a linky to my food place where I get 12 mini meals about every 2 months (3 servings- one for me-two for Ray). I highly recommend it. I mostly do it because my hubby is so hard working, and on the weeks I work alot, he suffers in regards to a good solid meal....so it helps us out alot. It is just easier, as the grocery shopping is less as well.

Snow flurries in Texas- sounds very interesting : ) I once met a cousin of my boss that had kids with him- they were in town for Christmas and it was the first time they had ever seen snow. It was so fun to see how excited the kids were! Too bad Paige cannot express it to you- Flurries in our forecast in a week. I love snow, but I am not looking forward to the 30 degree weather though.....

Jeanette and Maggie- safe travels!!!

I had better sign off- going to see the doc first thing in the AM.

Nite,
Shelly
Wow! You are so lucky to have that place close to you. I know there are a few places around town where you can get meals, but I don't think they ever sounded this good! Wish I lived closer or maybe they need to come to H Town and open a frachise.

Hope the doctor can help you with some meds for whatever that is that you have. Get well! Let the boss have a fit. Better than going to the office and infecting everyone else so they'll all be out too!

I've had enough of the snow. We've gotten some down here about every 10 years. That's enough for me. It is very light and doesn't last very long.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-07-2013, 08:51 AM   #6707
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Shelly, I hope you get to the doc this morning and get some meds for this mess! AND, hope you start feeling better!!!

I'll have to check out the meal things. We get meat sometime from Omaha Steak Co. and that helps at times when I run out of stuff to make - but you still gotta cook it. I think I'm looking for a machine that sits at the house and your program what you want in it and it cooks it for you!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like a good idea, right! No cooking, no cleanup! Then you could get rid of most of the appliances in the kitchen too - and I could expand my crafts from the laundry room all the way into the kitchen! YES!!!!!!

Hope you feel better Shelly - and hope everyone has a good day.
LOL! Love your cooking and cleaning idea Lynn! Works for me!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-07-2013, 08:55 AM   #6708
Quacker Stamper

I found my glitter markers this morning and yes, they are Wink of Stella, gut they didn't look like the ones that Lynn posted the other day. Mine have a white casing. I found a photo I'm attaching. I have 15 of these in various colors. Guess I need to play with them more than I do.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg winkofstellaclear.jpg (6.4 KB, 2 views)
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-07-2013, 08:56 AM   #6709
Quacker Stamper

I'll be here at the office until about 2 PM and then off to Dallas. I'm hoping that I'll be awake enough to check in before bedtime each night.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-07-2013, 09:41 AM   #6710
Die Cut Diva

Maggie, my Wink also has a white casing. Does this one have a brush tip? Have fun on your trip and take care!
Old 11-07-2013, 01:03 PM   #6711
Stazon Splitcoast

Dropping in- resting on the couch and watching EWTN.

I made it to the doc- I am now on an antibiotic, a cough med with Codeine, An inhaled Steroid and an updated inhaler- my old one is outdated 2011.....

I am going to try to go to work tomorrow. We are SOooo busy!

I finished up an Alcohol Ink ATC swap- so happy with how they came out- looking forward to getting the swap back too : ) It is due on the 15th. I do not have the energy to start another card, so resting for a bit, then will try to get downstairs. I have dinner in the crock pot.

Hahaha Lynn- you are so funny- don't we all wish we had a machine like that- Oh I think Beef Stroganoff sounds good for dinner- press buttons and boom- dinner appears all ready to eat! Didn't the Jetson's have something like that?

Kelly- I do not always go to the feed on Bloglovin cause I hit the Upper Lt button on my blog and the feed of blogs I follow pops up- but you have me thinking- maybe all of the blogs I follow don't show (there are so many of them.... I tried to unsub from some I never stop at, and I cannot figure it out......).

Ok- off to rest some more..... I have a Oriental Sketch card I made a few days ago- need to get pictures off the camera and get it on my blog.....

Have a great day!
Shelly
Old 11-07-2013, 01:53 PM   #6712
Stazon Splitcoast

HI Shell! Glad you are resting!! You sound like you have what my son did - asthma brought on by a cold and then nebulizer/inhaler tx .... at least you are on the right track for healing!

I gave up on the blog thing, LOL!! It's on the blogs that have photos only -- it doesn't update until hours later but it's all good, no worries - I was curious as to how to fix it but it seems no one knew what the problem was to know what to fix, ha ha!

Shell, sent a PM! SUPER excited!!

Sorry to be lost today, girls - LONG LONG day, that's for sure! I need the weekend so badly and yet my dd16 has a performance. I did some yardwork this morning after school drop offs and really did too much - dropped a huge branch on my leg (ouch)! When my hubby sees that, he is not going to be pleased! He doesn't want me out there doing work but have I ever mentioned I"m stubborn? And impatient! Hee hee! I know he won't get to it til the weekend and I wanted to get started like now!

I got 3 new books in the mail to review - and I'm still 4 behind! Thassalotta books to review, LOL!!! In between cutting down branches, I'll have a saw in one hand and a book in the other - LOL!!!

Hugs for testings, mammos, traveling, inhalers .............
Old 11-07-2013, 01:54 PM   #6713
Stazon Splitcoast

Lynn, remember I was just asking about this last week? I sort of gave up on it, and never did figure out why - will be curious to see if you find an answer.

I STILL WANT SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Old 11-07-2013, 06:13 PM   #6714
Gabfest Goddess

Hello my friends!!

Whew, just had to read back almost 2 pages since I was last here! Let's see how my memory is...

Maggie: glad to hear that your hand is improving, sounds like it was really awful.

Maxine: happy to hear that DGS is home, praying that the change in meds is easier on him and that he finally makes big strides on recovering.

Kelly: What an adorable keepsake made by your daughter, how fortunate that you were able to keep it all these years!

Jeanette: enjoy your vacation!! Love the precious angel ornaments you're making!

Was that PAIGE that I saw popping in here?! How are you girlfriend?! Please keep your snow to yourself. I love you, but honestly, feel free to NOT share - LOL. As for starting and not finishing various projects...well, let's just say "don't look at my craft area" hehehe

Shelly: you poor thing! I sure hope that you get to feeling better soon. That crud is no fun.
Wish I was close enough to bring you some homemade chicken soup. It really does make a person feel better, if only temporarily.

Lynn: Sure hope that things are ok down your way. Wild weather is getting old, isn't it?

Well, signing off for tonight I think.

Oh-have a great time with the Copic class, Maggie!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 11-07-2013, 07:10 PM   #6715
Pearl-ExPert

Wow - I missed the updates and you lot have really been chatting up a storm - no puns intended.

Shelly you take care and get properly better - don't try too much too soon - been there done that! At least being an asthmatic, my inhalers are always up to date .

Lynn you really have the time saving ideas down pat - disposable clothes, automatic meals..........

Yes, brekkie is short for breakfast

Kelly you are a wonder woman with all that you do - I feel exhausted just reading it all

Good to see you here Darlene - I hope life is being kind to you.

I have just had my daughter's Mother In Law around to mow the lawns again - last time as I should be fit enough after this. I think she has got to quite enjoy doing it as we are pretty laid back about the edges etc, whereas her DH is fussy as, and in effect robbed her of her confidence, and this has given her some confidence back.

The mammo went o.k., but they needed an extra on on the left as one of them was not very clear -that was the real ouch . I got some studio time in yesterday and got the class project 'demos' made - now to make the kits!
Old 11-08-2013, 03:49 AM   #6716
Gabfest Goddess

Morning Friends!
Thank heavens that today is Friday!

So glad to hear that you are continuing to improve, Maxine. Your DGS is as well? Prayers continue.

Safe travels, Maggie & have fun!

Gloomy weather yesterday, dark & drizzly/rainy all day. Hoping that it will be a bit more uplifting today. But I shouldn't complain, we've had a great Fall.

Have a great day, everyone. Catch up with you all later.

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 11-08-2013, 07:45 AM   #6717
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning, ya'll!

I wanna take a class with Maxine!! I bet your demos came out super, what fun you must have there - you always have something fun and creative on your blog!!

That's funny about the edges - with me, dh is too relaxed and I'm like "wait .. here and here and ...oh, here ..." LOL!!! I'm the neat freak He's the one where I put things on the curb after 'spring cleaning' he likes to drag them back in, LOL! His shed is his man cave so I can't really complain - I just pretend I don't see it

Any fun weekend plans, other than Darlene driving in her new ride!!!!
We're finishing up the yard, the girls have a concert on Sat night that I'm looking forward to, and I'm hoping to hit a few garage sales to see if I can score some Christmas decor or anything snow related LONG SHOT, but gonna try!

Shelly, feel better!!!

Maxine, ouch on the mammo! For some reason, mine always come back but they tell me that AT the appt - that like 85% of the patients get a call back and it's just a formality. I guess they don't take any chances, and mine have always been good - PTL. My mom has a hx and had a double masectomy - nothing to mess around with, so I'm overly cautious. Here's to a good check up, girl!

WHAT???????? No one but ME wants Paige's snow??? Yippeee! I'll be glad to head up there and romp in the snow, you girls can come down here and sit around the pool in the lounge chairs and enjoy the sun!!

Hugs!!
Old 11-08-2013, 08:36 AM   #6718
Die Cut Diva

Shelly, glad you got the meds and hope you feel better quick now!
Loved your card you posted yesterday!! Gorgeous-ness!

Kelly, have no idea what's going on with Blogger. I just wasn't getting updates on my dashboard yet people were posting. I went over to most of the ones I really like to see and either subscribed or joined in Bloglovin. That's ok, but I don't get the Bloglovin updates until about 10:00 at night and don't want to have to deal with them then.

Maxine - ooch is right on the mammo.......I complain about having to do mine because it hurts too - but guess we should just be thankful we're not a guy and have to get a prostate exam!! LOL!

No plans for the weekend around here but think the weather is suppose to be somewhat pretty. That's always good!

Ok Kelly - now you have me curious! You told Shelly you sent her a PM and you were super excited.......................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Off to do a bit of commenting and then crafting!
Old 11-08-2013, 10:27 AM   #6719
Pearl-ExPert

Yes Lynn, I agree, that comment by Kelly about the PM with Shelly was a real teaser!!

We have not heard from family since DGS started being able to hold hold food, so we assume no news is good news! .

As far as far as getting rid of stuff goes, I fear DH is a bit of a hoarder, but I can be ruthless at times, and other times, well, lets just say I'm a bit of a contradiction when it comes to collecting things. .

We are due for ten days of sunshine here after several days of rain, so everything will be sprouting - I have leeks to plant and then the garden will only need some brassicas and it will be full - and I have taken over a second flower bed with tomatoes - I can't eat flowers, and it is the best spot for tomatoes....
Old 11-08-2013, 01:53 PM   #6720
Pearl-ExPert

Has an update on DGS this morning - he is doing well, but not being co-operative taking his medicine and "it tastes yukky". Poor DIL and DGS. What a battle to have for another four weeks!

here is here blog post about the drama, should you want to read it - she writes well..