Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2013, 02:46 PM   #6401
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Kelly, I'm sorry you had a rough morning. I hope the afternoon has gone better!

Shelly, enjoy these few days you have left and then travel home safely!

Maggie, I always love reading your posts!

Lynn, how do you use the Derwent Intense Pencils. Do you use a Aqua pen or blender pen or something?
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: The Forest in the Fall
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-16-2013, 03:09 PM   #6402
Die Cut Diva

Jeanette, since the Intense Pencils are actually a water color pencil, I use the Aqua Blender. I don't fill it with water though. I squirt a little on my craft sheet and pick up the water that way-but get it pretty dry by wiping it on a paper towel. Otherwise it'll get too much water on it. Just have to play around with them.......and I need a TON more playing time and practice!! With the Premier Prismapencils, I use the gamsol/mineral spirits and a blending stump.

I've watched a bunch of videos on Youtube on the Intense Pencils - and am still practicing!
Old 10-16-2013, 03:12 PM   #6403

Lynn, they sound fun. I had never heard of them before you mentioned them. I do have prisma colors and stumps and mineral. Truthfully, I very rarely use them because the mineral spirits makes my eyes burn (allergies). So does baby oil, gamsol, and I've even tried the Goo be Gone with them, like some use. Allergies can be a bother sometimes.

Old 10-16-2013, 03:15 PM   #6404
Die Cut Diva

I don't even remember where I heard about them, but have only had them a couple of months. They're similar to Prismas - except they're a water color and they're more intense than the Prismas. I like them ...... but do need to practice more.
I use the mineral spirits with my Prismas as I still haven't found any gamsol - except on line.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:17 PM   #6405

So, Lynn, can you direct me to one of your cards on your blog that is colored with the intense pencils?

Old 10-16-2013, 03:25 PM   #6406
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
It is cooler in Ky today and raining here as well. We spent the day organizing and cleaning yesterday. I got a creative whim last night, and saw a Sketch on line, so took a print out of a china painting design and made a card with it. Mom has a pkg 12 Derwent pencils I used....

Maxine- glad you are home- take care of yourself!!! Not fun for sure!

Lynn- glad Jim is home, procedure done! Hope his healing goes well too. Love your story about being one big freckle! I can picture it!

Darlene- I have never used Versafine- and I have decided to use what I have and not buy anymore stuff re: ink pads or markers. I bought 5 Tombow markers for doodling after the Joann Sharpe class- they are so vibrant and watercolor so nicely!

Maggie- scary to have a reaction to a food- I do not carry my epi-pen unless I am getting a shot.....

Heading home Sunday, off Mon and working Tues- time is flying!

Waving hello to everyone!

Shelly
Fun that you were able to use your mom's pencils for your card. Does she craft?

Luckily it was not serious enough that I would have needed an epi pen at the time, but I do stay away from cajun food because if it happens again, it could be worse.

Enjoy your Monday off - yeah getting caught up from being gone.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 10-16-2013, 03:26 PM   #6407
Die Cut Diva

I used it on these two cards: Creative Crafts by Lynn: Stitches and Creative Crafts by Lynn: Think Big.

Also, Tammy over at Tammy's Spot (she's on the Pinspirational DT with you) uses them almost ALL the time now. She colors so pretty with them!
Old 10-16-2013, 03:29 PM   #6408
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
Waving hello right back! What a morning - took all to school(s) then zipped to the dentist. My dd called to say her brother had head to toe red dots. Say what! He has had the chicken pox vaccine years ago (you can still get a case, but so mild, it's like not really) Rushed him to the peds, who sent him to the ER! Yep, we sat in triage while he got albuteral txs and his oxygen sat had to come back up, it was too low. Now he's home, resting and on steriods as well as nebulizer tx. Fun stuff. And we leave for our family vacation on Friday We are taking him to his birthday trip which was postponed from Sept - now who knows, but if he's sick, I'm not going! He needs to get better. We covet your prayers!

Shelly, how fun your mom had Derwents!! I still have my old case, aren't they the BEST! IS your mom an artist or does she do crafts with you? How cool is that

My dd18 is off to a job interview. I'm really worried for her. She's applied countless times but as soon as they see her class schedule, they run the other way. But we've always taught our kids to use honesty first and foremost, and if she has a crazy schedule, they need to know up front. This job is in an office where she they take consideration and actually encourage college students (with crazy schedules!) to apply and the lady appears to be super sweet. I guess we'll see!

So yeah ......... what a morning!!
Yikes! Was this another allergy attack or something else? I hope he gets over it quickly so he can enjoy his birthday trip.

Good luck to your DD18 and her job interview. My DGD has the same issue at school. I don't know that she even went for any interviews this semester.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-16-2013, 06:02 PM   #6409

Thanks Lynn... I didn't mean to leave as soon as I asked a question, but it was time for church so I had to go.

I do love the examples you showed. The colors ARE very vibrant! I would have never guessed pencils of any kind would be that bright. I'm going to look for some tutorials when I get a chance and see if I can learn me.

Old 10-16-2013, 06:21 PM   #6410

Okay, I found/watched a couple of tutorials. Very interesting.

Old 10-16-2013, 06:28 PM   #6411
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Back again!

hehehe Back again!

Mom dabbles in crafts- but she is an artist- she teaches China Painting.
Here is a link to the seminar she is at this weekend
It has some of the raffle prizes on the page as a sampling of what they do... : )

Kelly- Yikes- hope that your son is better soon! And, the right job for your daughter will come along- I am with you about being upfront! I will pray that the dear Lord has mercy on you and that little guy gets better ASAP so you can go celebrate as a family!

Maxine- hope you are improving by the hour with the antibiotics.

Maggie- Hoping the cats are getting better.

Jeanette- I have never heard of the pencils- I do not think so anyway....and Tammy H colors beautifully....Lynn the color is so vibrant for pencils.....sigh! Even with my allergies, I do OK with Gamsol when using the Prismacolor pencils.

Lynn- you always crack me up- I imagine Jim with his head wrapped like a mummy- like the cards on Kelly's blog......I know you will be a good nurse! Oh,we had to change tape on patients on ventilators every 24 hours and had ways to make tape stick to skin....we devised all kinds of fancy ways to make it go around their necks so it would not pull hair off...... Best of luck to you!

Going to bed- night all...

Shelly
Old 10-16-2013, 07:32 PM   #6412
Die Cut Diva

Jeanette, if I can even do this half way, I KNOW you can!

Shelly, I checked out that link to the seminar - Holy Moly!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are some very serious artists!!! Do you get all your creativity from your mom or does she get it from you!! Beautiful art!

The "mummy" is all wrapped up and ready for bed. If all that stays on overnight it's going to be a true miracle. I told Jim I was going to take a picture of him - he almost had a stroke!!! LOL!! He really does look pretty funny. I'll be glad when we can change the bandage tomorrow and get it cleaned up a bit. Pretty nasty looking right now. He had a little fever while ago which scares the life out of me - but gave him a Tylenol and it subsided. Hopefully he's ok in the morning - because if so, I plan to hit the city for a little craft shopping!
Old 10-16-2013, 07:57 PM   #6413
Pearl-ExPert

Oh Lynn - I hope the fever 'comes to nothing', and I pray it will, but I think I would be scared too!! I hope you got your shopping done

Yes I am improving - wanted to go for a walk today but Dr DH said no!! (I think he got a fright) His brother took him to eye clinic today, and the one eye they are trying to save is not in good shape, but they did not give him an injection as he is on antibiotics... we go back in 2 weeks for him, and then 5 days later for me - are we ever getting to know that road!!

Kelly that must be an ongoing (and stressful) saga in your house, living with allergies. My darling wee grand daughter is gluten intolerant, and now has quite strong reactions to it ( like a mini of her Dad's) so DD has to be very careful with her.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:24 AM   #6414

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

WOW! Shelly, I looked at the link and your mom has some real talent if she's able to do that sort of thing. Impressive!

awwwwwwwww... Lynn, thanks for your sweet comment! It's morning; how is the mummy doing?

Maxine, I'm glad your Dr. DH is taking care of you. His eye situation doesn't sound good. Thinking of the two of you!

Hugs!!!

Old 10-17-2013, 06:19 AM   #6415
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Oh my so much to catch up on! I had to do a few errands this am and then go get my ds who is at a half-day today - I'm only letting him return to school for a test, collect his work for when we'll be gone (praying we will be able to leave at all!) and then home for meds, rest, etc. Never a dull moment!

Shelly, your mom is amazingly talented!! I'd say she does more than dabble! Those raffle pieces are exquisite - what a joy to belong to a club such as that, it must be so creatively inspiring.

I love my prisma pencils, too, and they are bunches of fun to watercolor with - just wish the watercolor paper wasn't so pricey. It hurts when you make a mistake and have to start over, ROFL!!

Healing hugs for Jim! LOL Shelly on him looking like my mummy Riley I remember when my dh had surgery last year and we had to pull the tape off his back - oh my, I don't want to go there again! It was a huge mass that was removed so it was impacted and 'stuffed' - needless to say, when it dried and have to be removed, the neighbors down the street heard him. It was horrible.

Trying to read back up and catch up!
Old 10-17-2013, 06:21 AM   #6416
Stazon Splitcoast

YAY for improving Maxine!! That's great, antibiotics must have kicked in and you are on the upswing, yes?! You behave now, don't be scaring your "doctor"

Is your husband going to be okay?? I'm so worried about your post and reading of his eye troubles. I'm praying!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
Oh Lynn - I hope the fever 'comes to nothing', and I pray it will, but I think I would be scared too!! I hope you got your shopping done

Yes I am improving - wanted to go for a walk today but Dr DH said no!! (I think he got a fright) His brother took him to eye clinic today, and the one eye they are trying to save is not in good shape, but they did not give him an injection as he is on antibiotics... we go back in 2 weeks for him, and then 5 days later for me - are we ever getting to know that road!!

Kelly that must be an ongoing (and stressful) saga in your house, living with allergies. My darling wee grand daughter is gluten intolerant, and now has quite strong reactions to it ( like a mini of her Dad's) so DD has to be very careful with her.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:26 AM   #6417
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks, Maggie - your poor DGD! It's hard when you have a hard schedule to follow and I understand that it's hard for employers so I told my dd to just be patient. For the 100th time, we reminded her she doesn't have to work, but I know she is chomping at the bit to get something p/t (which I think will be good for her, I just think she needs to stop stressing over it and it will happen if/when it's meant to happen!) A lot of places are hiring seasonally here now and she said her interview went REALLY well, the lady even came in on her day off to interview her something about policy states only on Fridays but she can't make it Friday as we're leaving, but she said she heard something in her voice - I dunno. She said it went super and she's excited, so we'll see by Tuesday!

Allergies - yes ....... something sets him off and settles in his chest, then he cant' breath and it just starts this chain reaction. I'm not familiar with a child's inhaler, but they said most likely when all is said and done, he'll have to have a maintainence inhaler - which stinks at just 9 but it's better to have one if needed than not, I guess!

How are the fur babies?!!!! Did you do anything fun yesterday for Boss's Day, Maggie!? I went to the dentist, and they had a big buffet said out for him and then yesterday near triage, I saw another buffet near the nurses station - lots of celebrating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Yikes! Was this another allergy attack or something else? I hope he gets over it quickly so he can enjoy his birthday trip.

Good luck to your DD18 and her job interview. My DGD has the same issue at school. I don't know that she even went for any interviews this semester.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:59 AM   #6418
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
hehehe Back again!

Mom dabbles in crafts- but she is an artist- she teaches China Painting.
Here is a link to the seminar she is at this weekend
It has some of the raffle prizes on the page as a sampling of what they do... : )

Maggie- Hoping the cats are getting better.

Going to bed- night all...

Shelly
Love looking at all the beautiful creations. Which ones are your moms or are these just samples?

My mom did some china painting at one point in her life but they were just for us; she didn't show them or sell them back then. There really wasn't the venue there is now. She made us each a Baby Plate with a baby picture and then all the information around it. She also made my sis and I each a lamp that had a Victorian lady's head on the stand. I'll have to take pictures and show you. I treasure those items from her as much as the two paintings that I have that she did.

Kitties are doing much better - as far as Casper is concerned. No accidents all week and they are loving their wet cat food in the morning. I am taking Corey in to the vet on Saturday though to get his ears checked again for the ear mites. I don't think they have completely gone away. And he needs one of his booster shots. Then, oh joy, I get to take Casper back next Saturday for his B-12 shot. Hopefully this will take care of everything and we'll be good to go for a long time!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-17-2013, 07:03 AM   #6419
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Jeanette, if I can even do this half way, I KNOW you can!

Shelly, I checked out that link to the seminar - Holy Moly!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are some very serious artists!!! Do you get all your creativity from your mom or does she get it from you!! Beautiful art!

The "mummy" is all wrapped up and ready for bed. If all that stays on overnight it's going to be a true miracle. I told Jim I was going to take a picture of him - he almost had a stroke!!! LOL!! He really does look pretty funny. I'll be glad when we can change the bandage tomorrow and get it cleaned up a bit. Pretty nasty looking right now. He had a little fever while ago which scares the life out of me - but gave him a Tylenol and it subsided. Hopefully he's ok in the morning - because if so, I plan to hit the city for a little craft shopping!
I hope you and Jim especially made it through the night last night with no mishaps and that his fever is gone this morning.

Woo Hoo on the craft shopping. Have a fun time.

I don't think I told you guys, but Basic Gray got a lot of flak about their Crop Night at ScrapFest. Not sure what it was all about, but it was some serious complaining because they e-mailed out to everyone that atteneded a $25 coupon to use at their online store which of course I did and just got my order the other day - got 2 new 6 x 6 paper pads and some other embellishments.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-17-2013, 07:06 AM   #6420
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post

Maxine, I'm so sorry to hear that your DH's eye is not doing well. I do hope and am sending up prayers on his behalf that all will go well. I think you too should do a bit more resting and let your body recover from your surgery.

It's so good that a lot of stores around here have Gluten Free sections where you can shop safely without having to worry and many restaurants are offering GF items on their menus. It can be very serious for someone.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-17-2013, 07:14 AM   #6421
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Oh my so much to catch up on! I had to do a few errands this am and then go get my ds who is at a half-day today - I'm only letting him return to school for a test, collect his work for when we'll be gone (praying we will be able to leave at all!) and then home for meds, rest, etc. Never a dull moment!

I love my prisma pencils, too, and they are bunches of fun to watercolor with - just wish the watercolor paper wasn't so pricey. It hurts when you make a mistake and have to start over, ROFL!!

Healing hugs for Jim! LOL Shelly on him looking like my mummy Riley I remember when my dh had surgery last year and we had to pull the tape off his back - oh my, I don't want to go there again! It was a huge mass that was removed so it was impacted and 'stuffed' - needless to say, when it dried and have to be removed, the neighbors down the street heard him. It was horrible.

Trying to read back up and catch up!
Kelly, hope your DS can get the rest he needs and be well for the trip tomorrow.

Do you buy your Watercolor Paper at Michael's or Hobby Lobby? I did a check a long time ago when SU was selling little pieces of it and found a brand that was comparable and it was much less money. I buy it in a large pad and then can just cut it to the size I need.

Ouch! Your poor DH. I can relate though. Several years ago I had nasal surgery and the right sinus was impacted and all stuffed with gauze and yes, it brought tears to my eyes, and I had to bite my lip to keep from shouting when he started removing the packing several days later! Not fun.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-17-2013, 07:24 AM   #6422
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Thanks, Maggie - your poor DGD! It's hard when you have a hard schedule to follow and I understand that it's hard for employers so I told my dd to just be patient. For the 100th time, we reminded her she doesn't have to work, but I know she is chomping at the bit to get something p/t (which I think will be good for her, I just think she needs to stop stressing over it and it will happen if/when it's meant to happen!) A lot of places are hiring seasonally here now and she said her interview went REALLY well, the lady even came in on her day off to interview her something about policy states only on Fridays but she can't make it Friday as we're leaving, but she said she heard something in her voice - I dunno. She said it went super and she's excited, so we'll see by Tuesday!

Allergies - yes ....... something sets him off and settles in his chest, then he cant' breath and it just starts this chain reaction. I'm not familiar with a child's inhaler, but they said most likely when all is said and done, he'll have to have a maintainence inhaler - which stinks at just 9 but it's better to have one if needed than not, I guess!

How are the fur babies?!!!! Did you do anything fun yesterday for Boss's Day, Maggie!? I went to the dentist, and they had a big buffet said out for him and then yesterday near triage, I saw another buffet near the nurses station - lots of celebrating!
That does sound so promising - cute that she "heard something in her voice." Must have been good.

I guess I worry about my DGD because she really needs a job since she is getting married in December and they will have 2 tuitions to pay for plus all their living expenses. I'm not sure that either set of parents plan to continue to support them after they are married. I'll have to check with my DD and see what their situation is at this point.

I know my DD here wanted her DD to get a job over the summer, but their schedule was so bad that she wasn't really hope all that much to hold down a job and now that she's back in school, her schedule is hard. I guess there is plenty of time for that. I didn't work back when I was in HS. Got my first job a few months after I graduated.

Sorry about your DS's allergy problems. Is there any way that he might outgrow this? I'll be keeping you guys in my prayers. I seem to have a long list. I guess we all need them, don't we for one reason for another.

LOL! I celebrated Boss's day by coming to work. I don't even think that he knew it was Boss's Day. I haven't done anything for him for that for many years. They don't celebrate Secretary's Day anymore either. Now is Administrative Staff Day so they don't hurt anyone's feelings. And my boss doesn't do anything personal for that day for me like he used to either. He was in mediation all day and we got free lunch! I guess that was celebrating.

Fur babies are doing well. See post above ^
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-17-2013, 07:26 AM   #6423
Quacker Stamper

I have a couple bits of news this morning which you might see in my signature.

Last night I stepped down from the Perfect Sentiment Challenge Design Team. It seemed that after 2 years of being on the Team, that it was the right time to make the change. And I have -

I've accepted a spot on the Design Team for One Stitch at a Time which is owned by Stichy Bear My first card will be on the OSAAT challenge blog on Sunday, Oct. 20. Check it out.

I've also accepted a spot on the Design Team for Sunshine Mail Foundation Challenge Blog. If you click on Our Blogs and then choose the Challenge Blog, it will take you to the current challenge. I'm really excited about this because the cards are for kids. They post on the 1st and 15th of each month and the cards that are made are sent to the Foundation to be used for the children.

So, still going to be busy, but just somewhere else and with I hope a chance to grow even more.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
luvcardmaking likes this post.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:33 AM   #6424

WOO HOO! Congratulations Maggie!

Old 10-17-2013, 07:37 AM   #6425

My big news of the day is Leelou uploaded my new blog template this morning - it looks like my old blog template so I'm happy about that. The price was good, so I just went with it. However, thanks to some thoughtful friends letting me know, I now discover it is not working well. EEK! It seems the comments are imbedded onto the labels tab, making it impossible for some people to leave a comment. For some weird reason, it's working for me... as if I'd want to leave a comment on my own blog. Sheesh! Sooooooooo... if it isn't working for you, I'd appreciate you letting me know that. I have emailed Leelou and apprised her of the information I've received and I might need more information to give her. Thanks!

Old 10-17-2013, 07:44 AM   #6426
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post
WOO HOO! Congratulations Maggie!
Thanks Jeanette.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-17-2013, 07:46 AM   #6427
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post
My big news of the day is Leelou uploaded my new blog template this morning - it looks like my old blog template so I'm happy about that. The price was good, so I just went with it. However, thanks to some thoughtful friends letting me know, I now discover it is not working well. EEK! It seems the comments are imbedded onto the labels tab, making it impossible for some people to leave a comment. For some weird reason, it's working for me... as if I'd want to leave a comment on my own blog. Sheesh! Sooooooooo... if it isn't working for you, I'd appreciate you letting me know that. I have emailed Leelou and apprised her of the information I've received and I might need more information to give her. Thanks!
I don't see any place to leave a comment on each post????
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-17-2013, 10:59 AM   #6428
Pearl-ExPert

Maggie - awesome news on the change of DT work - yes you will be busy!!

Do hope Jim survives the dressing change Lynn - that first change is always the worst.

Thanks for all your support, it is treasured and a great encouragement to know you are there for me - as several of our friends say, 'old age ain't for wimps'. DH is somewhat older than me and is really reaping what he sowed earlier in life with the dreaded smoking Thankfully he has given up, but .....

Glad to hear Casper is on the mend Maggie.

Kelly I have used plain card for prisma pencils and oil - never thought to watercolour with them!! I have some SU watercolour pencils and again don't specifically use watercolour paper with them.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:04 AM   #6429

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
I don't see any place to leave a comment on each post????
Thanks for letting me know that, Maggie. It seems that's what many people are having problems with, though I have had a comment on the post this morning, so I know at least one person is seeing what I'm seeing. LOL!

I actually just got home from DH's office (across the parking lot from our house at the church) so I could see what it looks like on his computer. His computer looks like what you and others are describing; no way to leave a comment. UGH!

Old 10-17-2013, 11:10 AM   #6430
Die Cut Diva

Maggie, that's great news about the two new DT's!!! Congrats!! I was on one DT for right at a year and stepped down mainly to give someone else a chance to be on there. Think that's always a good thing. Glad the babies are doing good - except for maybe ear mites again.

Maxine, so sorry to hear about your husband - but am glad you seem to be doing better! Hang in there.

Kelly, hope your son does just fine at class today and then gets some rest so y'all can leave tomorrow!

Jeanette, glad you got a blog header and you like it. It'll all work out I'm sure - just getting the kinks out will probably take a day or two.

I did go shopping but didn't do a whole lot of damage. Got some paper packs and a couple of stamps, etc. It was a beautiful day so I enjoyed it. The "mummy" made it though the night just fine with no fever - however, he lost his wrapping on the nose last night. I got it all bandaged up before I left so we're doing fine. We have to change it again here in a little bit and try to get some of the dried blood off. Just gotta find some type of tape that will stay on the nose and ear now. I think we have every kind there is. The old time adhesive tape breaks him out so can't use that one. The doctor gave us a little but know it won't be enough. Need to try to find some more like that I guess.

I don't always use the watercolor paper with my Intense pencils. I also use the Neenah paper. As long as you don't get it real wet, it seems to work fine.

Will check in later..........
Old 10-17-2013, 11:48 AM   #6431

Lynn, I'm glad you had fun out shopping... and glad the mummy did fairly well through the night, too.

I hope you're right about the kinks on my blog working out.

hmmmmmmmmmm... I really need to find/buy some Neenah paper. I've heard such good things about it, but I hate to pay for postage and don't know anywhere to get it other than ordering it.

Old 10-17-2013, 11:55 AM   #6432
Die Cut Diva

I'm not sure where you can get that paper other than on-line! I've never seen it anywhere. Maybe some type of scrapbook store would have it. Don't really know. I usually use that for just Copics but also worked with the Prismas and Intense pencils. I've also used the Cryogen and Express Blending paper. Don't know if they're all the same or not. I just usually get the Neenah since it's a little less expensive.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:12 PM   #6433

Where do you order it from, Lynn?

Old 10-17-2013, 12:39 PM   #6434
Die Cut Diva

Jeanette, the first time I ordered I believe it was from I Heart Paper. I've very conservative with that paper since it's more expensive than my normal Walmart Georgia Pacific. I had one sheet left the other day and they were having a sale at Joan's Gardens. I got three packs there. The sale was great but the shipping was awful since it's so heavy. I know that Oozak probably has it but haven't ordered from there. Maybe just Google it and see where you can find the best shipping. I know the Postal system is going broke (UM............) but shipping is always bad I think. Guess we should be thankful we don't live out of the country!
Old 10-17-2013, 12:49 PM   #6435
Pearl-ExPert

When I was on the McMahon Five Design team I was sent some from there - here is the link

I have just seen that she has some great specials on the neenah paper too
Old 10-17-2013, 07:28 PM   #6436
Die Cut Diva

Has anyone ever ordered from Oozak? I need a couple of Copic refills and they have them on sale.
mschoener likes this post.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:41 PM   #6437

I have, Lynn, and had very good service from them.

mschoener likes this post.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:41 PM   #6438

I found a Neenah paper called Neenah Exact Index Cardstock 250 Sheets White 94 Brightness 110 lb

Is that what Neenah paper you use?

Old 10-17-2013, 08:16 PM   #6439

Ladies, I just wanted to let you know that I'm going to be missing for a week. I’m leaving in the morning to go to Chicago to lead a conference. I get back home for Sunday - but that day is typically my computer-less day due to lots of church activities. I leave again on Monday morning to go to Arkansas (Women’s Prison) and to Louisiana (Women’s Homeless Shelter) on a vision-casting trip with our state staff. If they let me out for good behavior (j/k) I’ll be back home the end of next week. I will miss all of you!

Have a great week!

Old 10-17-2013, 08:50 PM   #6440
Pearl-ExPert

You have a great week too Jeanette - and I too hope that 'they' let you out - we will miss you, and welcome you back with gladness when you return.