Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2013, 03:59 PM   #6161
Pearl-ExPert

Paige I hear you - thankfully my SIL is a genius and keeps all our technology up to date and functioning well - even if it is challenging to figure the updates some days
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-24-2013, 04:04 PM   #6162
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
Hi ladies!
Oh, I could just cry big tears. My computer is so messed up. I just got it back after bringing it in a second time and it still is all wonky. I keep getting pop-up ads and pop-up tabs and not all of the ads are wholesome! I do have an ad blocker, but it evidently is not working. I'm going to bring it back tomorrow and ask for someone else to look at it - is that mean?

They said IE and Chrome are working, but I prefer Firefox and it is not working and getting worse by the minute. I'm tempted to erase everything and start over, but what a pain that would be and near impossible for this tech challenged old lady.

Sorry for the whine. If you don't hear from me it means I threw this &@#% thing off the deck!
That's sucky Paige. I hope you can get it figured out and fixed up.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 09-24-2013, 04:52 PM   #6163
Pearl-ExPert

Paige, I don't think that'd be mean at all! Take it back!!!! I use Firefox and don't have any problems like that (knock on wood). This all sounds so frustrating for you! Hopefully they can get it repaired correctly! And if you throw it off the deck, I think we'd all understand! LOL!
mschoener likes this post.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:42 PM   #6164
Forum Fanatic

Paige and Maggie- so glad you had a great time and made it home safely.

Maggie- glad you found your pics and the apron.

Paige- sorry your computer is messed up- mine had a rough patch a while back- hubby got it fixed, but it took weeks........

Cleaning- ick......I am allergic to dust- I have to say it is SOOO much cleaner in the house with the wood floors. I have the cleaning lady come once a month just to really clean the bathrooms and give the house a good dusting.

Maxine- oh I so love the spring and all of the flowers blooming- we are moving into Fall here- the leaves will all be changing soon- it is always so pretty!

I am heading to Michigan for the day to visit Stephi tomorrow- it is a 4 hour ride- I will being here some fall clothes and a few other things....Take her out for some good food.....

Waving hi to everyone else

Shelly
Old 09-25-2013, 03:31 AM   #6165
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Paige, I'm sorry your computer is giving you fits. I'd take it bakc!

Shelly, have fun with Stephi - and travel safely!

Maxine, how nice that you have an in-family techy!

Maggie, how are you doing?

Lynn, you've been in my thoughts.

Hugs for all!!!
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin Twisted Tuesday

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: Camping in the Forest
Old 09-25-2013, 05:16 AM   #6166
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

Morning! Went to bed at 3 am and had to be up by 5:30 so I'm a bit falling asleep at the keyboard! Wish I could climb back in bed but ds has a short day of school due to teacher conferences and gets out in ......... 2 hours! Yikes!

Paige, I'm sorry! That stinks. Take it back indeed. I'm with Maxine, my BIL is a IT guy and gets our systems back up and running but we did the time after time of taking it to the shops. That in itself is a nightmare. Hugs to you!

Shel, have a great, safe trip!

Hugs all around!

Old 09-25-2013, 05:36 AM   #6167

Kelly, be careful dozing at the computer. My DH had his laptop with him in his recliner one day last week... and nodded off. When he woke up he had TWO FULL PAGES of "P's" in his document. Not the best sermon he ever typed. LOL!

mcschmidty and mschoener like this post.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:49 AM   #6168
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post

Paige, I'm sorry your computer is giving you fits. I'd take it bakc!

Shelly, have fun with Stephi - and travel safely!

Maxine, how nice that you have an in-family techy!

Maggie, how are you doing?

Lynn, you've been in my thoughts.

Hugs for all!!!
I'm doing well. Casper not so well. He's got potty issues again and I had to take a sample (yes, TMI) to the vet this morning so they could do tests and find out exactly what is causing his problem. Bad news is that if he needs to be medicated, I have to figure out how to get him in a crate and then he's going to board at the vet until he's well. I told them that I can't medicate him. He runs when he even thinks I might be thinking of picking him up.

Chloe did real well this morning. I kept her in the trap when I brought her home last night because she was still so groggy from her surgery and I didn't want her out in the night air. I put some heavy shopping bags down on the concrete patio and put the trap on top and then covered it with a nice thick towel to keep her all warm and snuggly. Also the SNAP people had put a towel inside the trap so she had a nice soft, warm place to sleep. I slowly and carefully opened the trap this morning because she was very vocal telling me she was hungry. I was glad she didn't bolt out and run away like they usually do, but she just came out and headed for a food bowl. I think she'll do okay.

I have Single Chicks Dinner Club tonight, so that will be a fun time with my GF's.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-25-2013, 10:51 AM   #6169
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
Morning! Went to bed at 3 am and had to be up by 5:30 so I'm a bit falling asleep at the keyboard! Wish I could climb back in bed but ds has a short day of school due to teacher conferences and gets out in ......... 2 hours! Yikes!

Paige, I'm sorry! That stinks. Take it back indeed. I'm with Maxine, my BIL is a IT guy and gets our systems back up and running but we did the time after time of taking it to the shops. That in itself is a nightmare. Hugs to you!

Shel, have a great, safe trip!

Hugs all around!

O M G! You cannot keep going on that little of sleep. You'll be out like a light tonight. Hope you make it through the day okay.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-25-2013, 04:34 PM   #6170
Pearl-ExPert

Be careful on your trip Shelly and have fun!

Maxine, you need to send your sister in law to Texas to help me with my computer! First she'll have to stop at Paige's house though.

Maggie, hope Casper is going to be ok! Hugs to him and you!

Kelly, you really need more than a couple hours sleep with the way you go, go, go! Hope you sleep like a log tonight!

Jeanette, sent you a PM! Thanks!

Long tiring day here. TOO HOT! We're not even close to fall it seems - was back up to 100 today! I helped Jim with some weed eating, etc......hot!!! I just saw in the San Antonio paper this morning that they've only had a tad over 3" rain this year!!!!! That's about an hour or so from here. Not good! Hot and dry!
Old 09-25-2013, 07:03 PM   #6171

Awww... Maggie, I'm sorry Casper isn't doing well. Hoping the vet report isn't too bad. I just want to cry!

Lynn, I'm sorry... it's been quite a day and I haven't read my PM's yet. I will, but haven't yet. (I don't know if I mentioned it here or not, but my DH is out of state all week at a conference. We had some pretty major plumbing problems today - that I tried to fix unsuccessfully. I finally called DH - I don't know what plumber our church uses so I couldn't call a plumber. DH called a plumber... and we no longer have overflowing commodes. PTL! Needless to say I've mopped floors and laundered rags this evening. UGH!)

Old 09-25-2013, 08:24 PM   #6172
Pearl-ExPert

HI girls - nice to call in again and see you all .

I received a surprise in the mail this morning - thank you Lynn - love the colour, it's my favourite .

Maggie it is not good to hear that Casper is not well - praying he recovers soon.

Jeanette I hope that is the only 'emergency' you have while DH is away - what a mess to have to mop up after .

Kelly slow down and get some sleep soon, or you will 'crash' and that is not good

Lynn - I can't imagine living in temperatures like that at all - as for no rain.... I hope it cools down for you soon

I have mown the lawns this afternoon, and now the starlings are pecking around in them. I also managed to lock myself out.... not the first time, but I had to go to a neighbour and use her phone, and ask my sister in law to bring over the spare keys.... once the new neighbours move in I will get a set of keys cut for them to hold for me.

Got my letter today to make an appointment for my bi-annual booby squeeze (aka mammogram) I made the appointment for early November. By then I should be feeling more 'normal' - that is if I can be called normal
Old 09-26-2013, 01:45 AM   #6173

HAPPY

Oh Maxine.... I wish just once someone would refer to me as "normal". LOL! I'm CraZy!!!

Thanks! I hope I don't have any more problems while DH is gone either. EEK!

Kiwime likes this post.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:57 AM   #6174
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Awww... Maggie, I'm sorry Casper isn't doing well. Hoping the vet report isn't too bad. I just want to cry!

Lynn, I'm sorry... it's been quite a day and I haven't read my PM's yet. I will, but haven't yet. (I don't know if I mentioned it here or not, but my DH is out of state all week at a conference. We had some pretty major plumbing problems today - that I tried to fix unsuccessfully. I finally called DH - I don't know what plumber our church uses so I couldn't call a plumber. DH called a plumber... and we no longer have overflowing commodes. PTL! Needless to say I've mopped floors and laundered rags this evening. UGH!)
Oh, ugh! What a mess, and sorry you had to deal with that alone. I'm so glad I have a plumber I can call on and recommend to others. Just a few weeks ago a single GF was having a plumbing issue and asked me for his name. He was able to get over there that day and help her out. Made me feel good since I referred him. He has been a help to a few of my friends.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-26-2013, 03:01 AM   #6175
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts!

I have a doctor appt. this morning. I noticed the other day that I have a little gland I think maybe on the side of my right jaw that feels a little swollen and sore, so I'm going to have that checked out. With my history, I don't like to let things go.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-26-2013, 03:03 AM   #6176

Hi Maggie - thanks! Yes, it was tense for a while yesterday, but today is a new day.

Hope everything checks out okay at your doctor appointment!

Old 09-26-2013, 07:08 AM   #6177
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning, ya'll!

J - I hope you got your plumming fixed! That sounds ......... quite messy I'd be lost without my dh around to do things like that, so my heart went out to you yesterday and as you await his return!

I had quite a laugh today -- jumped out of bed at 7:48 in a complete and total panic, running to my son's room to tell him "hurry! get up! We're SUPER late!" and stopped in his doorway, realized there is no school today! Teacher's workday, lol. Doh! Dh took the girls this am so it through off my schedule, though I'm shocked I slept til 7:30 am!

As Maggie can probably testify, the animals don't let us sleep 'round here! They bark at passerbys on the sidewalks, the neighbors cats that meander into the yard, our bird (a macaw) who screams for her bfast at 7 am sharp! etc! Sometimes I feel like we live on a farm!

My son has a tournament in Ft. Lauderdale this Saturday and I'm just out of my wits. I'm SO not liking these events. He moved up a rank so he's in with the "big boys" They don't care what your size/height is, you are the same rank, you spar. Yikes!

How is everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I so need to catch up, but I'm still swamped iwth t-shirts and running around with the kids school picks ups. Every time I stop, I have to start all over again later instead of running thru like a conveyor belt

::::: Waving to all the SAs!!! ::::
Old 09-26-2013, 07:54 AM   #6178
Pearl-ExPert

Racing through here really quick! We're having to make an emergency trip to Corpus - Jim's brother in hospital with congestive heart failure and kidney failure AND pnemonia (however you spell that anyway! LOL!) We're going to try and be back on Saturday depending on what the situation is..............
Later
Old 09-26-2013, 09:53 AM   #6179
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Hi Maggie - thanks! Yes, it was tense for a while yesterday, but today is a new day.

Hope everything checks out okay at your doctor appointment!
Thanks Jeanette. Everything turned out to be just fine. Given my medical history, when there's something I don't think is quite right, I like to have it checked out. I'm not one that refuses to go to the doctor until it's too late.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Forest Ranger and luvcardmaking like this post.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:58 AM   #6180
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Good Morning, ya'll!

J - I hope you got your plumming fixed! That sounds ......... quite messy I'd be lost without my dh around to do things like that, so my heart went out to you yesterday and as you await his return!

I had quite a laugh today -- jumped out of bed at 7:48 in a complete and total panic, running to my son's room to tell him "hurry! get up! We're SUPER late!" and stopped in his doorway, realized there is no school today! Teacher's workday, lol. Doh! Dh took the girls this am so it through off my schedule, though I'm shocked I slept til 7:30 am!

As Maggie can probably testify, the animals don't let us sleep 'round here! They bark at passerbys on the sidewalks, the neighbors cats that meander into the yard, our bird (a macaw) who screams for her bfast at 7 am sharp! etc! Sometimes I feel like we live on a farm!

My son has a tournament in Ft. Lauderdale this Saturday and I'm just out of my wits. I'm SO not liking these events. He moved up a rank so he's in with the "big boys" They don't care what your size/height is, you are the same rank, you spar. Yikes!

How is everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I so need to catch up, but I'm still swamped iwth t-shirts and running around with the kids school picks ups. Every time I stop, I have to start all over again later instead of running thru like a conveyor belt

::::: Waving to all the SAs!!! ::::
Kelly, you are the second busiest person I know. I don't know how you do it.

LOL! Well, at least you got to sleep late. It would have been really bad if you had gotten up at 5:30 and then realized you could have slept til 7:30.

You're right about the kitties. Once Paisley senses that I'm awake, she won't leave me alone until I give her pill to her and let her out to get breakfast and Corey is out at the door crying for me to come pet him.

Good luck picking everyone up today and good luck to DS for the tournament this weekend.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-26-2013, 10:01 AM   #6181
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Racing through here really quick! We're having to make an emergency trip to Corpus - Jim's brother in hospital with congestive heart failure and kidney failure AND pnemonia (however you spell that anyway! LOL!) We're going to try and be back on Saturday depending on what the situation is..............
Later
Sending up prayers Lynn! I hope Jim's brother will be okay. Sounds like a lot to overcome. Safe journeys.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-26-2013, 11:30 AM   #6182
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Lynn, prayers going up, my friend!!
Old 09-26-2013, 11:31 AM   #6183
Stazon Splitcoast

LOL, Maggie - our fur babies really do get center stage, right?

We just got back from the vet with Buster again. He started shaking his head back and forth, and keeps scratching at one ear. I know it was infected w/out having to ask because the dog wont' stay out of the pool! If the kids go in, he jumps in after them and then gets water in his ears! Kinda like swimmer's ear for kids ;/

Sure enough, double ear infection - he got a shot of penicillin, antibiotics to take for 2 weeks and drops. YAY! That should be a riot!
Old 09-26-2013, 11:33 AM   #6184
Pearl-ExPert

Praying for you all Lynn - not the best of situations.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:47 PM   #6185
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
LOL, Maggie - our fur babies really do get center stage, right?

We just got back from the vet with Buster again. He started shaking his head back and forth, and keeps scratching at one ear. I know it was infected w/out having to ask because the dog wont' stay out of the pool! If the kids go in, he jumps in after them and then gets water in his ears! Kinda like swimmer's ear for kids ;/

Sure enough, double ear infection - he got a shot of penicillin, antibiotics to take for 2 weeks and drops. YAY! That should be a riot!
Ugh! Sorry about the meds. I haven't heard anything from my vet yet about Casper. If I don't hear anything tomorrow morning I'm going to call and see what's going on.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
MiamiKel4 likes this post.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:40 PM   #6186
Forum Fanatic

Maggie- those cats are like a full time job, aka like kids! Hoping it is nothing too serious.

Lynn- keeping your BIL in prayers- wow- sounds like a tense situation! Drive safely.

Kelly- goodness gracious- you gotta get some sleep woman- be safe driving those kids around! Glad your hubby gave you that sweet gift this AM of a little more rest! Hopefully you will get some rest tonight! Hoping buster fells better ASAP!

Maxine- ahhhh I am not so fond of mammograms- but at least they are quick and it is always fab to know everything is OK for another year...... Have you heard of the rocks you can put in your yard that have a slot for a key in them? My parents have one of those in their yard..... : )

Jeanette- oh not so cool to have all of those issues while hubby is away- and all of the cleaning and laundry....Boo!

Waving hi to Paige and hoping your computer issues are being resolved.

Waving Hi to Darlene

Oh- trip to see Stephi was awesome

Shelly
mschoener and MiamiKel4 like this post.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:35 PM   #6187
Pearl-ExPert

My wee orchid is flowering - it is an amazing flower, and had a wonderful perfume, but will sulk and not flower if it does not like where it is - this year it had three flower spikes!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Orchid Sept 13 (4)-crop.JPG (44.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Orchid Sept 13 (1)-crop.JPG (54.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Orchid Sept 13 (5)-crop.JPG (59.1 KB, 2 views)
mcschmidty, mschoener, MiamiKel4 and 1 others like this post.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:24 AM   #6188
Stazon Splitcoast

Kiwime likes this post.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:28 AM   #6189
Stazon Splitcoast

Maxine, your orchid is just as lovely as can be! What a bright burst of color, I can imagine it's fragrance is equally lovely!

Maggie, hope you get those results soon! I don't know how you put in drops, but it is taking 3 of us to hold Buster and get the drops in! He's a GOOD boy, but he squirms and moves his head so much - we are worried to loose any of the drops (wow, they are pricey!)

Hi Shell! I'm so glad your trip to see Steph was a good one - it's always a good thing to see the "babies!"

Lynn, I hope things are well where you are, many prayers. Waving hi to everyone!

We are off to Ft. Lauderdale later on ~ I still have to make stops at the bank, the PO, to my friends house to drop off vacation dinner proposals, pick the girls up from High School and pack - and somehow make a card!!! So much to do, so little time .... eeek! Wish us luck!
Old 09-27-2013, 06:32 AM   #6190
Quacker Stamper

O M G! Looks like another Hacker Attack on SCS. I just got that big Warning screen again!

Kelly It's impossible now for me to give either of the boys any kind of meds. I could maybe do it the first time, but then they would run and hide after that if I got anywhere near them. It would help to have someone else be there to hold them, but that's not happening either.

Hope all goes well at Ft. Lauderdale.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-27-2013, 06:32 AM   #6191
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwime View Post
My wee orchid is flowering - it is an amazing flower, and had a wonderful perfume, but will sulk and not flower if it does not like where it is - this year it had three flower spikes!!
It's gorgeous, and I love the color!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-27-2013, 06:34 AM   #6192
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcschmidty View Post
Maggie- those cats are like a full time job, aka like kids! Hoping it is nothing too serious.

Lynn- keeping your BIL in prayers- wow- sounds like a tense situation! Drive safely.

Kelly- goodness gracious- you gotta get some sleep woman- be safe driving those kids around! Glad your hubby gave you that sweet gift this AM of a little more rest! Hopefully you will get some rest tonight! Hoping buster fells better ASAP!

Maxine- ahhhh I am not so fond of mammograms- but at least they are quick and it is always fab to know everything is OK for another year...... Have you heard of the rocks you can put in your yard that have a slot for a key in them? My parents have one of those in their yard..... : )

Jeanette- oh not so cool to have all of those issues while hubby is away- and all of the cleaning and laundry....Boo!

Waving hi to Paige and hoping your computer issues are being resolved.

Waving Hi to Darlene

Oh- trip to see Stephi was awesome

Shelly
Glad that you had a great time with Stephi. Did you guys do some fun things or just hang out together?

I'm going to call the vet later today and see if I can find out when the results will be back.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-27-2013, 07:42 PM   #6193
Pearl-ExPert

Hi girls - it's been another 30 hours or so without you thanks to the malware

I am busy making cards ready for the rest of the month - maybe when I get home I will design and make this years Christmas cards.... eventually. At least the pressure will be 'off' for my orders etc

Kelly you really are one busy girl!!

To all you others, I hope the pets are all o.k./ recovering and co-operating with treatment.

Lynn I pray you will have safe travel with this current crisis, and know peace throughout the time away.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:07 AM   #6194
Pearl-ExPert

Good morning All!
I got my computer back last night and except for my email program loading wonky everything seems to be fine - knocking on wood! There weren't any annoying ads popping up every few seconds. This morning it's still looking good too, Whew! And they didn't charge me because they hadn't fixed it from the time before - so that was good too.

Hugs and prayers to those who need them. Sounds like all kinds of health issues - human and animal going on.

And lots of fun is happening for some too - that's always great to see. Safe travel wishes for all.

We're off to my DD's to watch granddaughter while daughter works and her hubby helps a friend with some home repairs.

Anyone here use colored pencils to color with? Can you recommend a good brand? I want to play around with colored pencils and Gamsol (if I can find some of that online).

Have a great weekend everyone. It's lightly raining here at the moment, but we need the rain, so I hope it continues to fall.

Old 09-28-2013, 04:32 AM   #6195
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts!

I tried to sleep in this morning, but woke up at 5:30 and then all the kitties wanted to get up. I put them off though for an hour and decided it was a lost cause so up I got.

I called the vet yesterday and no results back yet, so I'm still dealing with the potty issues for Casper. Hopefully, the results will be back at least by Monday and then I can see about getting him over to the vet. That's going to be a tricky one.

No real plans for the day except I do need to go grocery shopping. I haven't been since getting back from SF so the fridge is a bit bare. I also want to stop by my GF's second hand store to talk to her about getting my armoire, desk, and night stand out of my storage room so I can get that organized with the rotation shelves I bought. Would love to have that done by the end of October.

Paige, glad to hear that you're back in business with your computer. I'd feel completely lost without mine. The best brand of colored pencils are the Prismas. You can get them in various size sets. I do have some and after having a class where we used them at ScrapFest, I'd really like to get them out more to use either in place of my Copics or in addition to.

Have you guys heard that they are closing the Archivers store at MOA, so there may not be another ScrapFest. I was very sad to hear that and so glad that we went this year.

Maxine, glad that you are able to be making tons of cards. I need to do that this weekend also. Missed at least one birthday that I need to send a card for and maybe 2. It would be nice to get ahead.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-28-2013, 09:01 AM   #6196
Pearl-ExPert

I'm BACK!!!!!!!!!!! Have a ton of stuff to do as we just got home a few minutes ago, but will be back later to catch up on all the chatter. Jim's brother is hanging in there for now so it's just a wait and see type game. He was exposed to Agent Orange in the Viet Nam war - flew helicopters to take the wounded, etc, out - and so he's on major on-going medical problems for years and years. He's on dialysis right now but due to the heart problems they don't think his body will be able to take it for long. The pneumonia is still there being treated. They did run something down him and try to get some of the mucas out but can't get it all. Anyway, we had a good trip down and back and we're fine.

Later...........
Old 09-28-2013, 10:07 AM   #6197
Gabfest Goddess

Hello, Checking in from sunny California!
I'm here with my brother & sister (who live in Washington) to attend our uncle's memorial service (later today). We had such a nice visit with my cousins (his sons) and our aunt last night. I have not seen them in about 20 years. Way too long!

Today's gathering will be a "Celebration of Life" for him. Last night we picked up a shadow box with his Air Force medals and awards mounted. It was so amazing. He never talked about them, if asked he would say he got the awards for "showing up to work on time". During the Korean War and Viet Nam. Yeah, somehow we think there was more to the story.

I fly back tomorrow night, the red-eye to Boston. Another lonnnnnnng day. Yuck.

Lynn: so sorry to hear of your BIL's serious health issues. That must be so hard on all of you.

Paige: I used Prismas & Gamsol for the longest time, but now they are manufactured in Mexico and something has changed about how they make them. They don't blend as well as they used to. I also use Derwent and have tried Caran d'Ache. Love them both but especially the Caran d'Ache. Eventually I will replace my Prismas with Caran d'Ache. I've heard good things about Koh r Noor also, but have not tried those out yet.
Just like with Copics, paper makes a HUGE difference.

Gotta run, miss all of you. Hopefully I can check in more frequently after getting back home.

Hugs all around!

"Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic,
but I had a good life all the way..."
Old 09-29-2013, 06:13 AM   #6198
Pearl-ExPert

Darlene, sorry for the reason you're in California but glad you're able to soak up some sunshine!!!

Paige, I use Prismapencils at times. If you want to use the gamsol with them be sure and get the Premier pencils. I never could find any of the gamsol without having to order it so I started out using baby oil. It worked but not real well. Now I use Mineral Spirits that you get in the art section of like Hobby Lobby or Michaels. It's MUCH better and they say it's as good as the gamsol. I don't know. I also found that it works better on the Neenah paper than just regular type card stock or GP from Walmart. I ordered some Intense Watercolor Pencils the other day and am loving those! I think I have to watch a Youtube video every time I start to color with them, just to pick up pointers again though. I really like those as they're brighter than the Prismas.

I've got to get some crafting done today somehow! I don't have a single thing done for the week except one for Wednesday.

Sorry I didn't get back over here last night - internet server went down and I finally said to heck with it and went to bed.

Kelly, hope your son did good this weekend!!!
Old 09-29-2013, 06:32 AM   #6199
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
I'm BACK!!!!!!!!!!! Have a ton of stuff to do as we just got home a few minutes ago, but will be back later to catch up on all the chatter. Jim's brother is hanging in there for now so it's just a wait and see type game. He was exposed to Agent Orange in the Viet Nam war - flew helicopters to take the wounded, etc, out - and so he's on major on-going medical problems for years and years. He's on dialysis right now but due to the heart problems they don't think his body will be able to take it for long. The pneumonia is still there being treated. They did run something down him and try to get some of the mucas out but can't get it all. Anyway, we had a good trip down and back and we're fine.

Later...........
That's so sad what happened to so many of our men that served over there. I am keeping him in my prayers and hope that he'll be able to recover from this set back.

I'm glad that your trip was uneventful and hope safe.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-29-2013, 06:36 AM   #6200
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcardmaking View Post
Hello, Checking in from sunny California!
I'm here with my brother & sister (who live in Washington) to attend our uncle's memorial service (later today). We had such a nice visit with my cousins (his sons) and our aunt last night. I have not seen them in about 20 years. Way too long!

Today's gathering will be a "Celebration of Life" for him. Last night we picked up a shadow box with his Air Force medals and awards mounted. It was so amazing. He never talked about them, if asked he would say he got the awards for "showing up to work on time". During the Korean War and Viet Nam. Yeah, somehow we think there was more to the story.

I fly back tomorrow night, the red-eye to Boston. Another lonnnnnnng day. Yuck.

Lynn: so sorry to hear of your BIL's serious health issues. That must be so hard on all of you.

Paige: I used Prismas & Gamsol for the longest time, but now they are manufactured in Mexico and something has changed about how they make them. They don't blend as well as they used to. I also use Derwent and have tried Caran d'Ache. Love them both but especially the Caran d'Ache. Eventually I will replace my Prismas with Caran d'Ache. I've heard good things about Koh r Noor also, but have not tried those out yet.
Just like with Copics, paper makes a HUGE difference.

Gotta run, miss all of you. Hopefully I can check in more frequently after getting back home.

Hugs all around!
I"m glad that you're able to enjoy the lovely weather there in CA. I'm sorry that you have to be there fore such an occasion, but like you said, it's a celebration of his life! He must have been a really special guy. I know that a lot of men never talked about their time in Vietnam including my ex-DH. He served over there, but never talked about it at all and I didn't ask any questions. It didn't seem to affect him like it did so many others. And life does go on beyond this earthly one, so I know that he's happy where he is and will be there waiting for his family when the time comes. Have a safe journey home.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts