Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree965Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2013, 06:21 AM   #5001
Pearl-ExPert

Morning!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, I bought a couple of rolls of Washi this past weekend so just HAD to use it. Nothing special and to be honest, I think paper looks just about the same. Looking for different ways to use it now. I haven't come up with any brilliant idea on how to use the tape with the mustaches on it though. Any ideas?

Maggie, trust me.....don't even attempt to put a gas grill together by yourself - even if it's a small one. I got Jim one several years ago to see if he'd like it and it was a very small one. We spent all day long trying to get it together and finally did it. He started to hook it up to the propane tank and kept saying he had a "better" way to do all that other than what the directions said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yikes!!!!! He got it hooked up, turned it on, and the whole thing went up in flames!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO KIDDING!!! He was able to reach down and turn it off without blowing himself up but it melted the knobs off and really did a number on the grill. We got it hooked up correctly after that, got new knobs for one side and had to use pliers on the other side since we couldn't find any other knobs. He used it about 10 times and then went back to the BBQ pit (with charcoal, etc.) and hasn't used the gas one since. I like the gas grill since it's so much easier and cleaner but doubt we'll ever use the other one again now. So, get some help putting it together - or better yet, go to Lowe's and pay that extra $15.00 or so and have them put it together!!!!

Hope everyone is doing good..........I noticed on Facebook this morning that Shelly's dad is going in for surgery today. Sending thoughts and prayers to you and your family Shelly.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-05-2013, 11:32 AM   #5002
Forum Fanatic

Default Hello

Back from Ky- visiting my parents was great- I tried to help out as much as I can, but I am not always the most spunky of all of my siblings....I did not help in the garden, but a BIL did...... I did vacuum twice and did some laundry and did alot of dishes. Oh, and I did dressing changes 2 x's a day. Mom seemed relaxed when I left.

My Dad has a ginormous open wound on his leg where the blood clotted under his skin after the bleed- vascular surgeon said he thought it would be healed by Thanksgiving.

Prayers appreciated!!!

Maggie- you get the star award for all of the home improvements! I am lucky to get to work, get the laundry done and do cards for challenges lately!

Lynn- glad you had a relaxing weekend- and you are soooo right! The computer takes up SOOOOOO much time! Good for you to take time off of it! OMG- If I had a gas grill explode, I do not think I would ever use it again......!

Jeanette- love the link with the Washi Tape pattern- that is so cool!

I followed someones suggestion and disallowed anonymous comments on my blog- and bham- spam gone! Thanks- I really appreciate that!

1000 Spam comments- that would be just awful!

Kelly- Congrats on the Grad- saw that on FB- she looks like you too! Beautiful young lady : )

Off to accomplish something!

I made meatloaf and an extra before I left, and my husband ate all of both pans minus one serving. I made one to put in the freezer...Oh well, I do not think he will be wanting it again for a very long time! There was 4 lbs of meat in the two pans too- and of course, he eats like a pig and NEVER gains a pound! So unfair!

Have a great day!
Shelly
mschoener likes this post.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:02 PM   #5003
Pearl-ExPert

Shelly, glad you're home safe and sound. Sounds like you were a great help to your mom! Keep us updated on your dad - hope all is going good now. Four pounds of meat loaf!!!!! Yikes!!! I haven't made one of those in so long - just not my favorite thing to eat. I wish there was some kind of pill to take the place of a meal - and get the same feeling of eating. I'm tired of cooking and trying to think of what to fix!

Maggie, I took at peek at your windows and they look great! Know you'll be glad when all the house is in order once again.

Kelly, I also saw the picture of your daughter on FB! VERY pretty young lady!

Oh, and thanks Jeanette for the washi link. Will check it out!

Later, Lynn
Old 06-05-2013, 01:04 PM   #5004
Pearl-ExPert

Oh.................I notice on Blitsy this morning that they have a good deal on Tim Holtz Distress Stain.............has anyone tried this yet? I looked at the videos - looks cool.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:55 PM   #5005
Quacker Stamper

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlynn View Post
Morning!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, I bought a couple of rolls of Washi this past weekend so just HAD to use it. Nothing special and to be honest, I think paper looks just about the same. Looking for different ways to use it now. I haven't come up with any brilliant idea on how to use the tape with the mustaches on it though. Any ideas?

Maggie, trust me.....don't even attempt to put a gas grill together by yourself - even if it's a small one. I got Jim one several years ago to see if he'd like it and it was a very small one. We spent all day long trying to get it together and finally did it. He started to hook it up to the propane tank and kept saying he had a "better" way to do all that other than what the directions said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yikes!!!!! He got it hooked up, turned it on, and the whole thing went up in flames!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO KIDDING!!! He was able to reach down and turn it off without blowing himself up but it melted the knobs off and really did a number on the grill. We got it hooked up correctly after that, got new knobs for one side and had to use pliers on the other side since we couldn't find any other knobs. He used it about 10 times and then went back to the BBQ pit (with charcoal, etc.) and hasn't used the gas one since. I like the gas grill since it's so much easier and cleaner but doubt we'll ever use the other one again now. So, get some help putting it together - or better yet, go to Lowe's and pay that extra $15.00 or so and have them put it together!!!!

Hope everyone is doing good..........I noticed on Facebook this morning that Shelly's dad is going in for surgery today. Sending thoughts and prayers to you and your family Shelly.
Yikes! Don't worry. If I had to put something like together, I'd sure find one of my guys to do it for me. I'm actually still trying to decide if I want gas or a charcoal grill. My SIL swears by charcoal. I'm just thinking of what do I do with the ashes. With charcoal you can put wood chips on it and get that smokey flavor.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 06-05-2013, 07:02 PM   #5006
Quacker Stamper

Hi Stamp Addicts!

Shelly, prayers going up for your dad. I hope all goes well and he'll be recovering in no time. Four pounds of meatloaf is an awful lot! How many days did it take him to eat that? Did he have it for all his meals?

I'm with you Lynn, it would be great if they had a pill to take that would taste like a Thanksgiving dinner and fill you up, but you wouldn't have to take the time to cook it or eat it and NO cleanup!

I was also sooooooooooooo very annoyed when I got home today. They were supposed to come put the gutters up around the patio cover today and cut one of the downspouts about half way to divert it to the rain barrel. Well, I got home and the gutter was up but only along the front. I thought it was going to go around the sides also. So they did not cut the downspout, but brought it all the way down to the ground. This because they didn't put gutter up on the sides. I called the salesman and let him have it. First he tells me that they don't put gutters on the sides. Well, he didn't tell me that and that's what we talked about. I was so frustrated by it all that it wasn't done the way I wanted it done and that there was miscommunication about the job. I won't go into all the words that were said, but I finally got through to him that I was not happy and I told him that I would never use them again and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. He hung up on me. I must say that he did call me back a few minutes later and told me that he was sorry that things weren't the way I wanted and when he got to the office tomorrow he'd have the crew come back out and fix the downspout the way I want it. We did all this over the phone and that was my mistake because I knew what I wanted and I guess didn't make it clear to him. He thought I knew how it would be, and I didn't. Just keep your fingers crossed that it all turns out okay in the end.

Me, I've been in kind of a funk. I guess it's just that everything is done now except for the window coverings and I have to wait until next Thursday to get them up. I really can't do any more cleaning up and putting things away until that's done.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-06-2013, 03:33 AM   #5007
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts! Sleep is better these days. Wish it could have been longer. I've started taking my Zyrtec again at night because I've been having fluid feeling in my left ear. Guess from allergies.

Don't know if you guys have heard of Simply Betty Stamps, but I love her work. I joined her FB Fan Club and as a member I can get one of her images for free each month. The thing is that you have to use it to make a card or some paper craft item and enter it in the monthly challenge. At the end of the month, it is set up so people (anyone) can vote on the card of their choice as the winner that month. I think this is the 3rd month that I've taken part. I always thought that it was only the Fan Club members that could vote on the card, but found out that anyone is allowed to vote, so I'm asking you to go vote on my Fairy Card! Here's a link to the challenge and you just have to click on No. 23 (that's me) and vote for me!!!! Voting is open until the 8th, but vote early so you don't forget. Thanks. http://simplybettystamps.blogspot.co...fairy-fun.html

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-06-2013, 04:20 AM   #5008
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Good Morning Fellow Stamp Addicts!

Maggie, I voted for you. And I loved your card... so cute! (I had never seen this line of images before.) Please tell me more about how you join the group. I'm sorry the guttering situation was such a pain! Hopefully they'll make you a happy customer today!

Shelly, I'm sorry to hear of your dad's health situation/wound. Yikes! That doesn't sound good at all. Am keeping him in my thoughts.

Oh Lynn, that is so scary! Glad no one got seriously hurt when the grill burst into flames!
MelonHeadz OSAAT {PIN}Spirational Challenges Sweet Stampin Twisted Tuesday

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
My swap: The Forest in the Fall
Old 06-06-2013, 05:03 AM   #5009
Pearl-ExPert

Maggie, I just got through voting for you. How many times an we vote?
Hope you get the gutter situation corrected today.
Will be back later.....
Old 06-06-2013, 05:04 AM   #5010
Pearl-ExPert

Oops! Almost forgot......VERY pretty card! Love the image too.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:02 AM   #5011
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post

Maggie, I voted for you. And I loved your card... so cute! (I had never seen this line of images before.) Please tell me more about how you join the group. I'm sorry the guttering situation was such a pain! Hopefully they'll make you a happy customer today!

Shelly, I'm sorry to hear of your dad's health situation/wound. Yikes! That doesn't sound good at all. Am keeping him in my thoughts.

Oh Lynn, that is so scary! Glad no one got seriously hurt when the grill burst into flames!
Thanks for the vote Jeanette. I'll PM you the details.

I don't think they can make me really happy unless they put the gutters up on the 2 sides of the patio cover as I wanted it to start with and they're not going to do that. Live and learn.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-06-2013, 06:03 AM   #5012
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Maggie, I just got through voting for you. How many times an we vote?
Hope you get the gutter situation corrected today.
Will be back later.....
Thanks Lynn! LOL! I think only once!

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-06-2013, 06:52 AM   #5013
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to MiamiKel4

YEs!!!!!!!!! But I will have to PM you
Quote:
Morning!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-06-2013, 07:00 AM   #5014
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning!!!!!!! We survived Gradation and the after celebrations! Thank you so much for the lovely comments - my baby girl has grown up and graduated and is officially a college Freshman on MONDAY!! Yikes! She has a week orientation, including staying over in the dorm and then classes begin mid-June. Her 2 sisters last day of school is TODAY so we are officially done at 3 pm! Woot! Though dd's and their friends apparently planned an impromptu "after party " at my house to throw a luau and pool/food party - say what!! Thanks for the notice! LOL!!! All's well - at least they are HERE and I know where/who everyone is

Shelly, many prayers for dad .. you are a beautiful daughter, I know the prayer warriors are rallying and sending my best healing vibes your way! (((( big hugs! )))

Maggie, I voted! I do know Betty's stamps - I know someone who was on her DT awhile back (actually, Jeanette knows her too - she was in our card group!) Best wishes, we love your work!!!!

Lynn, will send you a PM! I have a wee idea

I'm so far behind in EVERYTHING, forgive me for what I'm missing and visiting and know that I will be a little more liberated by Sunday and the me-cation will hopefully begin, LOL!!! (yeah, right --- camp, appts, college ... who am I kidding!)

But I do have a funny picture to share my daughter took - ROFL! I'll have to see if I can dig it out of my phone and email it to myself, get it online - omgosh, I rolled with laughter!!
Old 06-06-2013, 07:05 AM   #5015
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKel4 View Post
Good morning!!!!!!! We survived Gradation and the after celebrations! Thank you so much for the lovely comments - my baby girl has grown up and graduated and is officially a college Freshman on MONDAY!! Yikes! She has a week orientation, including staying over in the dorm and then classes begin mid-June. Her 2 sisters last day of school is TODAY so we are officially done at 3 pm! Woot! Though dd's and their friends apparently planned an impromptu "after party " at my house to throw a luau and pool/food party - say what!! Thanks for the notice! LOL!!! All's well - at least they are HERE and I know where/who everyone is

Shelly, many prayers for dad .. you are a beautiful daughter, I know the prayer warriors are rallying and sending my best healing vibes your way! (((( big hugs! )))

Maggie, I voted! I do know Betty's stamps - I know someone who was on her DT awhile back (actually, Jeanette knows her too - she was in our card group!) Best wishes, we love your work!!!!

Lynn, will send you a PM! I have a wee idea

I'm so far behind in EVERYTHING, forgive me for what I'm missing and visiting and know that I will be a little more liberated by Sunday and the me-cation will hopefully begin, LOL!!! (yeah, right --- camp, appts, college ... who am I kidding!)

But I do have a funny picture to share my daughter took - ROFL! I'll have to see if I can dig it out of my phone and email it to myself, get it online - omgosh, I rolled with laughter!!
Thanks for the vote!

It sounds like you're going to be just as busy after school is out as you were when you were running everyone everywhere! And you DD is starting college right away!!!!!! No break for her either.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-06-2013, 12:24 PM   #5016
Pearl-ExPert

Kelly, stay safe with that tropical storm brewing all around you!!!!! I just read where the entire state of Florida was under a tornado watch!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynn
Old 06-06-2013, 12:52 PM   #5017
Pearl-ExPert

Red face

Quote:
Kelly, stay safe with that tropical storm brewing all around you!!!!! I just read where the entire state of Florida was under a tornado watch!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynn
Oh Kelly - that sounds scary - take care!!

Shelly you are in my thoughts and prayers

Sunny day here so the cold will abate for a bit - we had a howling southerly yesterday and no sun BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

Took my purry furry for his vaccinations yesterday and he got an excellent health report Not bad for 13 1/2!!
Old 06-06-2013, 05:59 PM   #5018
Stazon Splitcoast

Holy moly, girls - there's a monsoon outside! The winds are howling, the rains are powering, we have a hose in the pool to keep it from overflowing and flooding the area - whew! I pray we will be okay - esp. since we have two kids (five in total) still here that are without a ride - I refuse to drive in this! They are spending the night, I say - LOL!

Jeanette, safe travels! Thank you for doing God's work!!!

Maggie, I see you are in the lead from my vote! YAY!!! Go girl!

Hi Maxine! Still can't believe you are in Winter mode - stay warm, keep safe, my friend.

Watching the BIG game .......... hoping our power stays on ............
Lynn, I had NO IDEA we were playing each other!!!!!!!! I say

"G O H E A T !" in a loving way!
Old 06-06-2013, 06:12 PM   #5019
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Holy moly, girls - there's a monsoon outside! The winds are howling, the rains are powering, we have a hose in the pool to keep it from overflowing and flooding the area - whew! I pray we will be okay - esp. since we have two kids (five in total) still here that are without a ride - I refuse to drive in this! They are spending the night, I say - LOL!

Jeanette, safe travels! Thank you for doing God's work!!!

Maggie, I see you are in the lead from my vote! YAY!!! Go girl!

Hi Maxine! Still can't believe you are in Winter mode - stay warm, keep safe, my friend.

Watching the BIG game .......... hoping our power stays on ............
Lynn, I had NO IDEA we were playing each other!!!!!!!! I say

"G O H E A T !" in a loving way!
Stay safe Kelly. Keep those kids close at hand. I sure was hoping we'd get a little bit of rain today, but it didn't happen. I think Florida is hogging it all!

Thanks for the vote!

Oh, how can I root for one team against the other - May the best team win!!!!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-06-2013, 06:14 PM   #5020
Stazon Splitcoast

Hee hee, I actually agree with you - just razzing Lynn!

I don't follow basketball, LOL!!!!!!!!!!! But The Heat is a big deal 'round here and wow, I hear car horns hootin' already!

We have a basketball party in one room, and a movie watching party in another. All I want to do is good to bed!
Old 06-06-2013, 06:16 PM   #5021
Quacker Stamper

The gutter guys did come today and got it fixed the way I wanted it. Now that wasn't hard now was it??? Such drama! I hope it works the way I want it to. Since we didn't get any rain today, I couldn't try it out.

I think I'm going to have to take Maggie Mae in to see the vet in the morning. She's been sneezing and her right eye is all watering. I'm hoping that she didn't come down with kennel cough while she was at the vet last weekend. That could affect all of them.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Forest Ranger likes this post.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:18 PM   #5022
Quacker Stamper

I'm going to go make some Cookie Dough Oatmeal Balls. They are supposed to help relieve pain. Sounds kind of crazy, but that's what this lady does. Not sure how many she eats or how often. The recipe only makes about a dozen or so.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-06-2013, 06:29 PM   #5023
Pearl-ExPert

Kelly...........BOOOOOOOOOOO Heat!!! LOL!
We're in half time right now - Spurs are behind but hope they can catch up! We do love our Spurs around here! I didn't think anyone liked the Heat (except maybe the coach! LOL)!!!

Maggie, cookie dough!!!! Yikes, I love that stuff!

Stay safe in the rain Kelly!

Maxine's cold, Kelly's wet, and we're just HOT! Bummer!!

Shelly, how's your dad getting along? Also, Darlene.............

Jeanette, when do you leave?????

And Paige..........where are you!!!!!

Who did I miss?

Lynn
Old 06-07-2013, 02:49 AM   #5024
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Stamp Addicts!

Spurs really pulled that one out of the hat last night - Congrats the team. Sorry Kelly!
I'm up early this morning and going to take Maggie Mae to the vet. I think she has kennel cough. She's been sneezing and her right eye is all watery and I can tell she's not feeling well. Paisley has been sneezing a bit also, but not like Maggie Mae is. They both had this about 7 years ago when I first got MM. She was a rescue from my back yard and at the time I wasn't going to keep her since I already had 4 cats. I took her to a rescue place for a weekend to see if she could get adopted. She didn't and I brought her h0ome. Then I found someone who wanted her. Well, she got sick and I couldn't give her away. Not only did she get it, but all the other 4 cats - Kitty Boy, Chancey, Paisley, and Reggie. And they didn't get it all at the same time, it was one after the other, so we were doctoring this for quite some time.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-07-2013, 04:12 AM   #5025
Pearl-ExPert

Oh Maggie, I hope she doesn't have that!! It takes so long to get rid of it. Had she had her kennel cough shot when you took her to the vet? Maybe it's just a cold. I'll keep my fingers crossed she's ok.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:13 AM   #5026

Quote:
Hee hee, I actually agree with you - just razzing Lynn!

I don't follow basketball, LOL!!!!!!!!!!! But The Heat is a big deal 'round here and wow, I hear car horns hootin' already!

We have a basketball party in one room, and a movie watching party in another. All I want to do is good to bed!
Maybe that explains the number of kids you have.

Old 06-07-2013, 05:15 AM   #5027

Lynn, I leave at lunchtime today - fly tomorrow, but we're over 3 hours from the airport and we have to be at the airport at 6:00 AM tomorrow, so I'm going to the St. Louis area to spend the night tonight.

Bye! I'll see you when I return (and wake up from jet lag ) at the end of the month.

Old 06-07-2013, 05:43 AM   #5028
Pearl-ExPert

Jeanette, have a GREAT TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!! We'll be thinking about you and you'll be missed around here.

Kelly, that's a great idea about watching a movie in one room while the basketball is going on in the other! I'm all for that. I don't normally watch it but as I said, we do love the Spurs. I mainly like to just watch the playoffs though. It's amazing to me that those guys can do what they do...........um......of course for the salary they make, I'd probably try to fly through the air too! LOL
mschoener and Kiwime like this post.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:15 AM   #5029
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Oh Maggie, I hope she doesn't have that!! It takes so long to get rid of it. Had she had her kennel cough shot when you took her to the vet? Maybe it's just a cold. I'll keep my fingers crossed she's ok.
They gave her and Paisley all the shots they were supposed to have so that they could board them. She had this when she was about 2 months old and passed it on to the other 4 cats that lived in the house at the time including Paisley. They say now that it could be Feline Herpesvirus which comes after the other and lies dormant in their systems and can reoccur at any time.

I left her at the vet since their wasn't a doctor there yet and she told me to call at noon to check on what was going on and then I could pick her up later today. I may leave the office early to pick up my glasses before 4 and then go get MM.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-07-2013, 06:19 AM   #5030
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Ranger View Post

Lynn, I leave at lunchtime today - fly tomorrow, but we're over 3 hours from the airport and we have to be at the airport at 6:00 AM tomorrow, so I'm going to the St. Louis area to spend the night tonight.

Bye! I'll see you when I return (and wake up from jet lag ) at the end of the month.
Jeanette! I hope you have a fabulous time in Thailand. What a thrilling adventure. Take tons of photos so you can show us when you get back. We can live vicariously through you.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-07-2013, 07:05 AM   #5031
Pearl-ExPert

If y'all get a weird looking e-mail from me disregard it.........my e-mail was hacked!!!! I've changed the password and all that to take care of it.
Lynn
Old 06-07-2013, 07:28 AM   #5032
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
If y'all get a weird looking e-mail from me disregard it.........my e-mail was hacked!!!! I've changed the password and all that to take care of it.
Lynn
I did! And I almost opened it but then reason set in and I sent it to my spam folder.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-07-2013, 03:34 PM   #5033
Pearl-ExPert

I don't think it would have mattered if you'd opened it or not. From what everyone is saying that called/wrote about it, you won't get a virus or anything. It's just such a pain to have to go into everything and change the password and all. I still don't have something right changing it on my phone and think I'm going to have to take it to where I got it and let them figure it out now. As I said......a pain!

Maggie, what did you find out about Maggie Mae? Hope all is ok.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:32 PM   #5034
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I don't think it would have mattered if you'd opened it or not. From what everyone is saying that called/wrote about it, you won't get a virus or anything. It's just such a pain to have to go into everything and change the password and all. I still don't have something right changing it on my phone and think I'm going to have to take it to where I got it and let them figure it out now. As I said......a pain!

Maggie, what did you find out about Maggie Mae? Hope all is ok.
She has an upper respiratory viral thing - Feline Herpesvirus. It stays dormant in their system and sometimes when they get stressed or something bad happens it can flare up. That's what happened to her I guess because of boarding her last weekend. She's never been away from home before and did NOT like being in the carrier going to and from the vet. She has pills to take for the next 14 days. It was good in a way because when I went back at noon to pick MM up and take her home, they had gotten the lab results back from Paisley and were able to prescribe her antibiotics to take. Also in pill form, so that might be a little easier than liquid, although it was a big fight with MM tonight to get one down her. I had to use the Pill Popper and that's hard with a squirming kitty. Paisley's I was able to put in a pill pocket and stuffed it down her throat and made her swallow it. Such fun! I get to do this for 2 weeks which is just when I'll be going off to CA.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-07-2013, 06:20 PM   #5035
Pearl-ExPert

Thank goodness she didn't have kennel cough and give it to all the rest of the kitties!!!

I don't envy you having to give her a pill though. We'd been giving Rambo a pill for fleas/heartworm forever. As he got older we couldn't get him to take the pill......so started mixing it in food. Then he got to where he'd smell it and wouldn't eat the food so we'd cut it in little pieces and wrapped cheese around it. The he'd pick out the parts of the pill and eat the cheese! Geeze! SO, we went back to trying to give it to him by mouth and got bit two months in a row (he only has to take one a month). Finally I said enough is enough!!! Now we do the drops on his back - same medication but much easier now. Have fun giving her this medication Maggie!!!!

How long are you going to be in California? Know you'll have fun!
Old 06-08-2013, 03:51 AM   #5036
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Thank goodness she didn't have kennel cough and give it to all the rest of the kitties!!!

I don't envy you having to give her a pill though. We'd been giving Rambo a pill for fleas/heartworm forever. As he got older we couldn't get him to take the pill......so started mixing it in food. Then he got to where he'd smell it and wouldn't eat the food so we'd cut it in little pieces and wrapped cheese around it. The he'd pick out the parts of the pill and eat the cheese! Geeze! SO, we went back to trying to give it to him by mouth and got bit two months in a row (he only has to take one a month). Finally I said enou easier now. Have fun giving her this medication Maggie!!!!

How long are you going to be in California? Know you'll have fun!
Well, true it is not kennel cough, but Feline Herpesvirus is very contagious and I'm pretty sure Paisley has it too since she's been sneezing a lot also. I need to call the vet and see if Paisley can take the same meds that Maggie Mae is taking. Thank goodness Casper doesn't seem to be infected (at least not yet).

Glad you don't have to do pills anymore. I hope the pill popper works.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-08-2013, 03:56 AM   #5037
Quacker Stamper

I have a hairdresser appointment this morninig. I was thinking of getting it cut, but now I'm not so sure that's what I want. I think it needs a different shaping.

My plumber is coming over about noonish to check out the leak from my washer to see if it's a plumbing problem or a washer problem. He might be able to fix it either way.

Have plans for dinner tonight with a GF. Celebrating her birthday which was about a month ago, but she was out of town at the time.

In between all that, I need to do laundry (after the washer is fixed), clean house, and get some stamping done.

My new yard guy came yesterday to mow and did a fabulous job. He not only mowed, but really did a great job edging and took the stack of bricks I had out in the back yard and put them around the new flower bed. I still have some things I need to do out there myself. One of my plants died and I need to replace it. Still have some other plants that I need to figure out where to plant.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-08-2013, 05:44 AM   #5038
Pearl-ExPert

Maggie, I didn't know this was contagious too! Hopefully you can get those pills down without too much of a problem.

You really sound like you have a busy day today! We don't have anything planned but are suppose to have company tomorrow. Have fun tonight with your girlfriends!

Hope everyone else has a good day!
Old 06-08-2013, 03:39 PM   #5039
Quacker Stamper

It's been a busy day here. I started out with getting my hair done. After I was done there, I went by Lowe's and got some Solar light stakes for my back yard around the patio. I had some, but needed more and some of the ones I had were not working. Also picked up some more flower plants. Not sure where they are going yet. I cleaned out all the ground cover that was in the back flower bed so that now needs some new plants in it. Now I wish I had gotten some more. The bed needs some dirt and mulch, so I'm thinking I may call the new yard man and have him come and do the bed for me. Also, I think one of the transplanted shrubs is not going to make it, so I have to figure out what to plant in its place. I'm thinking of a shrub that has small yellow trumpet like flowers on it.

My plumber came over and checked out the washer and, of course, it wouldn't do what I called him about - leaking on the floor - while he was here. He told me that when I did a load of laundry to monitor it and see if it does it again and when in the cycle it leaks.

Balanced the check book and then worked outside.

I was supposed to go out to dinner with a GF for a late birthday celebration, but she just called and said she's not feeling well and had to cancel. I was sure looking forward to a dinner out. Anyway, that'll have to wait for a couple weeks. She's going on vacation with another GF for 2 weeks.

So, I'm broiling a lamb steak and cooking some frozen veggies. Not exactly what I wanted, but it'll do.

What's everyone else up to? I think after dinner, I'll work on the laundry and my closet - getting summer things in and winter things out.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-09-2013, 09:22 AM   #5040
Stazon Splitcoast

Good afternoon! Catching up on laundry, stamping (gasp!), reading and letting the kids generally run amuck! You should see my kitchen! Holy Hanna - they made bacon and omelets and left the dishes for moi - thank you very much! ;/ They are all heading out to the pool in a bit and I'm going to sweep, mop and then I'm DONE - its' a day of rest, right? LOL!

Maggie, glad kitty is all better - you are so dedicated! I called our vet the other day to make an appt for their yearly shots and they informed me the prices went so much higher, time to find a new vet, I think We've been doing the same pill thing but I just put it down their throats - nice pleasant, but that's how the vet does it and our dogs won't eat it no matter what we disguise it in, LOL!

I hope to visit blogs today, too - I'm so far behind! Dd starts college orientation TOMORROW! Omgosh. It's moving way too fast ~ but onward she goes.

Big hugs!