Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Blogging Groups (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/blogging-groups-f290/)
-   -   Paper Bloggers Reunited - Closed! (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/blogging-groups-f290/paper-bloggers-reunited-closed-t575206.html)

mschoener 07-01-2013 06:52 PM

Paper Bloggers Reunited - Closed!
 
Hi ladies, I'm taking this from the original thread which explains our group.

We are a group of friends who want to belong to a steady group of bloggers that inspire, encourage and acknowledge each other as creative minds. This thread will be a place where we can ask questions, help each other grow our blogs and follow along on our creative art journeys. This group is open to any "creative blogger".

Thoughts:

1. Each Blogger will have an active blog which means that you have a blog post at least once a month if not more often.

2. Each Blogger needs to visit his/her fellow Bloggers leaving an encouraging word or two as often as you can, but at least twice a month, become a follower of each other blogs, sign up via email or just follow the master Bloggers List, which you can find below in this comment) List the other members blogs on your own blog sidebar.

3. Each Blogger will notify members of prolonged absence as we are forming friendships and if you disappear, we would appreciate notification and will know not to expect any comments from you while you are gone or won't wonder why you don't have anything on your blog if you don't pre-schedule something.

4. Bloggers are encouraged to share their ideas regarding the group which could potentially include challenges, RAKs, swaps or the like.

5. There will be a total of 10 Bloggers in the group. Be an ACTIVE participant.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to being inspired, giving inspiration, being encouraged and giving encouragement.

1. Maggie - mschoener - Maggie's Cat House
2. Jackie - hpyscrpr2 - Kreate With Me 2
3. Sonja - Soni B - Soni's Front Porch
4. Kelly - ScrappinCEO - KellySCreativeDreams
5. Nancy - nhagen - My Little Spot in the Universe
6. Brenda - pinkdisneychick01 - Disney Girl Crafts
7. Brandy - ibalady12 - Ibalady's Gallery
8. Joyce - ashjoy - Paper, Scissors, Sew!
9. Sharon - smadson - Foxy Stamping
10. Terria - Rhoshoun - Scrappin Beauty




mschoener 07-01-2013 07:11 PM

Reserved for Future Information
 
Intentionally left blank.

ashjoy 07-01-2013 07:30 PM

Ill visit everyone tomorrow, thanks for coordinating this!

Soni B 07-01-2013 07:31 PM

Thanks Maggie...so we meet here now right ???

and if any of you missed it ~ I did put up a blog post today and I enjoyed visiting a few of your wonderful blogs~ your creations are beautiful ... your sharing of techniques is great and your pictures are beautiful

pinkdisneychick01 07-01-2013 08:17 PM

Hi! Logging in from vacation. As soon as I return home I will update my sidebar on my blog. Glad to see familiar gals still with us and a BIG welcome to the new gals! See you all back here when I get home. Happy Fourth!! Thanks Maggie for updating all this.

mschoener 07-02-2013 03:26 AM

Good morning Paper Bloggers. Glad that you all are finding the new thread. Hope to get my sidebar updated today and get around to visit everyone.

ashjoy 07-02-2013 04:39 AM

Now the sidebar thing is interesting, will try to figure that out today.

ibalady12 07-02-2013 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashjoy (Post 20227507)
Now the sidebar thing is interesting, will try to figure that out today.

Mornin' y'all
so i had no takers @all yesterday. Hopefully more of y'all visited than just Maggie. so far i'm zero for 2. feedback please . i even attempted to get folks who just wanted something for free . still no takers. constructive hints on what i can do for next time would be appreciated but be gentle please . i've been trying very hard to get this started.

thanks for visiting and commenting maggie

as for visiting folks I visit y'all alot more than I leave comments. I will try to improve

Brenda thanks for the beautiful card. I've been thinking about getting a logo for my business .yours is a reminder i need to do more than just think about it . I just hadnt decided on what style I want .

ashjoy 07-02-2013 05:09 AM

I'm not sure this is a target audience for your idea Brandy, speaking for myself (but I'm thinking it might apply for others here as well) I enjoy making and giving the cards I make. I rarely swap cards because I tend not to use ones I get in return because I like to give my own handmade away. Thus I choose image, SS or card kit swaps so I have new goodies to play with. I did like your fb page. And did visit everyone's blogs, those that have the word verification don't always work when trying to post a comment from my iPad.

Have a great day!

hpyscrpr2 07-02-2013 07:42 AM

Morning Everyone...popping in here on our new thread :-)

Hope you all have a great day!!!

nhagen 07-02-2013 08:30 AM

Good morning! I will try to get my poor blog updated today as well as the sidebar! I haven't scrapped a page or anything crafty in over a month :(

No motivation lately or time.

vikkijo 07-02-2013 09:44 AM

I am here!

Job hunting yet, in between interviews today i found Wifi to come visit...off to see some blogs

I need to update my list on my blog now too huh?

ibalady12 07-02-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikkijo (Post 20227988)
I am here!

Job hunting yet, in between interviews today i found Wifi to come visit...off to see some blogs

I need to update my list on my blog now too huh?

Job hunting? i thought you caught one .good luck if I havent said it before

ibalady12 07-02-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashjoy (Post 20227548)
I'm not sure this is a target audience for your idea Brandy, speaking for myself (but I'm thinking it might apply for others here as well) I enjoy making and giving the cards I make. I rarely swap cards because I tend not to use ones I get in return because I like to give my own handmade away. Thus I choose image, SS or card kit swaps so I have new goodies to play with. I did like your fb page. And did visit everyone's blogs, those that have the word verification don't always work when trying to post a comment from my iPad.

Have a great day!

thanks for that observation Maggie. maybe i should change the focus and provide inspiration for papercrafters. I guess my targeted sales would be non crafters. Everybody knows someone who doesnt craft that might look @your blog or fb page and then come look @mine based on a post or comment on either your blog or fb page .Either way I still have a task of building my audience . maybe y'all could give a plug to my next project . that would be terrific

ashjoy 07-02-2013 12:15 PM

VikkiJo, how did you put the tabs on your blog. Any chance you can help me do those?

smadson 07-02-2013 03:50 PM

Found you! :) What are you all doing with the sidebar? Do I have a sidebar? LOL Is that where I put links to favorite places?
Off to look at everyone's BLOG! P:)

mschoener 07-02-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadson (Post 20228411)
Found you! What are you all doing with the sidebar? Do I have a sidebar? LOL Is that where I put links to favorite places?
Off to look at everyone's BLOG! P:)

Yes, you have a sidebar. I have 2, one or each side. Yes, that's where you put your widgets - favorite places, pictures, whatever you want to add to your blog

mschoener 07-02-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikkijo (Post 20227988)
I am here!

Job hunting yet, in between interviews today i found Wifi to come visit...off to see some blogs

I need to update my list on my blog now too huh?

I, too, thought that you had gotten a job. How'd the interviewing go?

mschoener 07-02-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhagen (Post 20227884)
Good morning! I will try to get my poor blog updated today as well as the sidebar! I haven't scrapped a page or anything crafty in over a month :(

No motivation lately or time.

I've got the month of July off from PSC so I'm going to try to get my stamp room cleaned up and then work on some other fun card challenges.

mschoener 07-02-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibalady12 (Post 20227524)
Mornin' y'all
so i had no takers @all yesterday. Hopefully more of y'all visited than just Maggie. so far i'm zero for 2. feedback please . i even attempted to get folks who just wanted something for free . still no takers. constructive hints on what i can do for next time would be appreciated but be gentle please . i've been trying very hard to get this started.

thanks for visiting and commenting maggie

as for visiting folks I visit y'all alot more than I leave comments. I will try to improve

Brenda thanks for the beautiful card. I've been thinking about getting a logo for my business .yours is a reminder i need to do more than just think about it . I just hadn't decided on what style I want .

If you want to sell your cards from FB, it's going to take some time to get people to come by. The problem with that is that it's mostly just your friends and family that have access to your work. Hard to get the word out to others. It's hard to get any kind of business going, so hang in there.

smadson 07-02-2013 06:14 PM

I just went to your Blog Maggie again and looked at your side bars! And there was a link to my Blog! Wow! Thank you! Are we all supposed to do that? And I hope I can figure out how to do it! What fun! Iposted a card the last of Jine. I better do another post !

I don' t post every day, it will try to do more often. Just still very new to me.

mschoener 07-02-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadson (Post 20228620)
I just went to your Blog Maggie again and looked at your side bars! And there was a link to my Blog! Wow! Thank you! Are we all supposed to do that? And I hope I can figure out how to do it! What fun! Iposted a card the last of Jine. I better do another post !

I don' t post every day, it will try to do more often. Just still very new to me.

Yes!!!!!!! I have a link to all the blogs that I'm with. If you need help doing it, just holler. I can help walk you through it. It's just like adding a widget. I don't post every day either. At least once a week. I try to do 2 or 3 if I can. Things have been crazy at my house though for at least the past month. Hopefully things are slowing down.

Oh, we got an unexpected storm through my neighborhood tonight. If I had known that was coming I wouldn't have gone out and watered. ;)

ibalady12 07-02-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoener (Post 20228740)
Yes!!!!!!! I have a link to all the blogs that I'm with. If you need help doing it, just holler. I can help walk you through it. It's just like adding a widget. I don't post every day either. At least once a week. I try to do 2 or 3 if I can. Things have been crazy at my house though for at least the past month. Hopefully things are slowing down.

Oh, we got an unexpected storm through my neighborhood tonight. If I had known that was coming I wouldn't have gone out and watered. ;)

here in my part of tx , we have had and will continue to have unseasonably cooler weather thru the 4th of July weekend. great timing . i dont think we made 90 yesterday or today. rare in july

gnite all

ibalady12 07-03-2013 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoener (Post 20228535)
If you want to sell your cards from FB, it's going to take some time to get people to come by. The problem with that is that it's mostly just your friends and family that have access to your work. Hard to get the word out to others. It's hard to get any kind of business going, so hang in there.

maggie thanks for the encouragement
im learning that about fb. if it was a game on fb that would be easy. I have about 800 gaming friends. when i first joined fb I was a fb game player. I played farmville till it was like a job. it got to be too much . i might change my approach with them. ive been thinking about that

mschoener 07-03-2013 02:57 AM

Good morning! Just stopped by to say a quick hello!

nhagen 07-03-2013 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashjoy (Post 20228186)
VikkiJo, how did you put the tabs on your blog. Any chance you can help me do those?

Joyce, when you click on design at the top of your blog, go to the far left and choose pages to create tabs. Then you can select if you want the new pages to show up as top tabs, or be links on your side bar or not show up at all because you want to link to the pages within your blog.

nhagen 07-03-2013 05:31 AM

Good morning!

mschoener 07-03-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhagen (Post 20229075)
Joyce, when you click on design at the top of your blog, go to the far left and choose pages to create tabs. Then you can select if you want the new pages to show up as top tabs, or be links on your side bar or not show up at all because you want to link to the pages within your blog.

I'll have to check that out. I always wondered about that too.

It was really busy at the office today. Lucky for me, boss was gone all day with various court things. Then I met a GF for lunch at a Vietnamese restaurant. Food was pretty good. I brought leftover home and had themf or dinner. I started working out with my Wii again. That felt good, but I worked up an appetitie! ;)

Came home and found that my A/C is out. Ugh! Won't be able to get it fixed until at least Friday. I sure hope it's something fairly inexpensive to fix. At least it's not 106 here these days and the house is pretty comfortable. I have most of the ceiling fans on so that will be a help. I'm sure that the new windows are a big help also keeping what little cool air I had in the house and keeping the hot air out.

smadson 07-03-2013 05:34 PM

Maggie, I am having trouble adding a title to put the Blogs under. I have My Favorite Places. When I tried to do a title Paper Bloggers Reunited, it replaced the title My Favorite Places. I wanted to make a separate one like you did, then put the blogs under that. I may have to wait until my grandson can help me.. LOL
:)

mschoener 07-03-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadson (Post 20230053)
Maggie, I am having trouble adding a title to put the Blogs under. I have My Favorite Places. When I tried to do a title Paper Bloggers Reunited, it replaced the title My Favorite Places. I wanted to make a separate one like you did, then put the blogs under that. I may have to wait until my grandson can help me.. LOL
:)

Sharon, mine are on a Link List. When you do the "Add Widget" choose Link List and in that drop down there's a place for a title and that's where I put it and then add the blog links down below that Then when you're done with adding all the blog links, just save the arrangement.

ashjoy 07-03-2013 06:08 PM

Thanks so much, added a tab for my gallery. I may separate things out for Recipes and such we will see how things go.

I also added our blog roll:).

mschoener 07-03-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashjoy (Post 20230093)
Thanks so much, added a tab for my gallery. I may separate things out for Recipes and such we will see how things go.

I also added our blog roll:).

Great job on the tutorial for the wood look.

Your tab looks good at the top, but the SCS Gallery tab doesn't take you to your gallery. It goes to a blog post where you linked your gallery. Is that the way it's supposed to work? I've never done one of those, so not sure. I'm thinking of doing the tabs as soon as I figure out what I want them to be for.

mschoener 07-03-2013 07:08 PM

AC people called. They are sending out a repair man at 8 am. in the morning. I just might be cooled off tomorrow. ;)

ashjoy 07-03-2013 07:13 PM

I can't figure out how to make that tab go directly to the gallery.

hpyscrpr2 07-03-2013 07:56 PM

Good Evening!

Just flying by to say HELLO & Happy 4th of July! Will get my sidebar all done as soon as I can....off to bed now.

Laters :-D

pinkdisneychick01 07-03-2013 10:03 PM

Fast check in from vacation! I just cannot stay away from our thread. LOL went to a great little craft store called Paper Tales today. Beautiful papers and stamps. Purchased just a few things. I got some October Afternoon stuff. Love that vintage look.

I wish you all a happy and safe Fourth! Take care.

ashjoy 07-04-2013 03:24 AM

Happy 4th blog friends!

mschoener 07-04-2013 04:28 AM

Good morning and Happy 4th of July! Hope you all have a fun and safe day today.

The A/C repair man should be here in 1/2 hour to check things out. Hope it's not too much $$ to have it fixed.

ashjoy 07-04-2013 06:02 AM

Oh no, and on a holiday, I hope they won't charge extra.

nhagen 07-04-2013 07:33 AM

Happy July 4th !


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:35 AM.