Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Blogging Groups (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/blogging-groups-f290/)
-   -   Glitter Chique: doors are open (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/blogging-groups-f290/glitter-chique-doors-open-t487841.html)

Cass2sons 04-16-2010 04:59 AM

Glitter Chique: doors are open
 
Hi there, this is a group of wonderful, creative ladies who love getting together when we can to chit chat and share what we've created. If you like glitter, vintage, shabby chic, pretty things and love to share your art, then we'd love for you to participate.

I know that life gets in the way and sometimes we can't make it out to visit everyone all the time. But if you have time and like to visit each day that's fine too. :)
All we have to do is visit each others blog at least once a week, say hi and meet up here once a week and see how each other are doing.

Have a great day!

1. This Art That Heals
2.. Tattered Scraps
3. My Little Somethings
4. Paper Expressions
5. Kreate With Me 2
6. Doodle This Pink
7.Miss Molly Creations
8. Maggie's Cat House
9. Gettin' my hands dirty
10. Simply Kate's Crafts

sarahstampart 04-17-2010 10:19 PM

Well, you've got my attention. I love glitter, vintage and antiques, so I guess I'll bite :-) I am not really too familiar with all this blogging stuff, but I do have a blog and am really trying to get more involved with it. Can you tell me a little more? Or is that really all we do- visit each other's blogs once a week or more? I think the idea is wonderful. I love seeing other people's blogs and would love to have some new visitors for mine. I would love some feedback/ suggestions. I also like that the group won't be too big to be overwhelming or get us overly committed, kwim?
I checked out your blog real quickly and loved what I saw. I'm going to go take a closer look now :-)

Cass2sons 04-18-2010 03:02 AM

Thanks so much! Yes, visit at least once a week or more if you can and leave an encouraging message.
I am making updates to my blog, I've been laxadazical lately, so I want to do some spring cleaning on it! I am going to add you and visit with you.

Thanks so much for being a part and look forward to chatting with you!

sarahstampart 04-18-2010 06:43 AM

Thanks, Cassandra! I think this will be fun!
Okay blogging ladies... who wants to join us??? :-)

Cass2sons 04-20-2010 07:21 AM

Hi Sarah! Yes it's going to be fun, I am off to visit you and I hope you're having a great day!

Scraps Of Life 04-20-2010 10:26 PM

Sooooo glad I decided to check and see if you had started a blog group! Can I join? Please? :D I'd love to be a part of Glitter Chique, though I don't use glitter too much in my projects...hope that's not a problem!

FallnPetal 04-20-2010 10:37 PM

I'd love to join another blog group. I'm really revamping mine and plan on blogging much more regularly.

Tattered Scraps

Cass2sons 04-21-2010 02:39 AM

You sure can, I will get you both added to the list! Thanks and I am off to visit you! Have a great day!

Scraps Of Life 04-21-2010 05:24 AM

Wooohooo! This is gonna be so much fun! I'll make sure to check out everyone's blogs later...right now I need more sleep...or food...whichever comes first :D

FallnPetal 04-21-2010 02:59 PM

So are we all going to list each others on our side bar? I'm in another blog group and someone made a badge and we've listed each other under that. How many will we have? We will close it out at a certain number? I take it this is a brand new group?

sarahstampart 04-21-2010 02:59 PM

Cassandra- I am trying not to get a complex, lol, but you did not include me in your list
:-( I hope it's okay that I join you! My blog is not totally all about stamping; it has other "little somethings" thrown in, as well. I hope that is not a problem. I am really excited to join a blogging group!

Cass2sons 04-21-2010 03:05 PM

I'm sorry hun, yes, it's ok. I just forgot hun! We are doing renovations on our home and my mind is on a gazillion things. I am not a stamper so it's ok, if you don't. I apologize! hugs

sarahstampart 04-22-2010 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cass2sons (Post 16548350)
I'm sorry hun, yes, it's ok. I just forgot hun! We are doing renovations on our home and my mind is on a gazillion things. I am not a stamper so it's ok, if you don't. I apologize! hugs

Not a problem! I'm just happy to see I am on the list now :-) Thanks!!
Yay- we are a group of 4 now. Hoping we'll get some more bloggers to join our group soon!

sarahstampart 04-23-2010 11:08 AM

I'm hoping to get some stuff up on my blog later today or tomorrow.

Bumping up this thread in hopes of some new members to the group!

Have a great weekend, girls!!

Cass2sons 04-23-2010 11:19 AM

I need to get some things done up too, my time has been in the house cleaning, then outside cleaning!

Have a great weekend!

Cass2sons 04-23-2010 11:21 AM

I'm happy you're glad!

I know, it's a growing! :)


Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahstampart (Post 16553075)
Not a problem! I'm just happy to see I am on the list now :-) Thanks!!
Yay- we are a group of 4 now. Hoping we'll get some more bloggers to join our group soon!


stamptician 04-23-2010 12:54 PM

Oh I would love to be a part of this new group:

http://jennipherlowery.typepad.com/paper-expressions/

Please and thank you!;)

sarahstampart 04-23-2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamptician (Post 16562605)
Oh I would love to be a part of this new group:

http://jennipherlowery.typepad.com/paper-expressions/

Please and thank you!;)

Yay! Our group is growing!
Hi Jennipher! I am going to go check out your blog.... BRB! :-)

sarahstampart 04-23-2010 01:41 PM

Oh Jennipher- your blog is great! I can see you are a much more "seasoned" blogger than I ;-) I bet I could learn a lot from you! I LOVE your scrapbook pages- they are gorgeous! I am sure I will be spending quite a bit of time over on your blog. My goal right now is to stop making just cards and get to some of my much needed scrapping! Already I can see that I will be gaining some inspiration from your work. It's lovely!

FallnPetal 04-23-2010 02:15 PM

Since I joined Classy Crafters I've really upped my game on my blog but you are right, can't hold a candle to so many of the blogs out there.

sarahstampart 04-23-2010 02:30 PM

Well, I am not really trying to become a "pro" by any means, but I do like blogging, and hope I can improve mine enough to attract more people to it. :-)

stamptician 04-23-2010 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahstampart (Post 16562889)
Oh Jennipher- your blog is great! I can see you are a much more "seasoned" blogger than I ;-) I bet I could learn a lot from you! I LOVE your scrapbook pages- they are gorgeous! I am sure I will be spending quite a bit of time over on your blog. My goal right now is to stop making just cards and get to some of my much needed scrapping! Already I can see that I will be gaining some inspiration from your work. It's lovely!

Wow Sarah!! Thanks for those wonderful comments about my blog. I'm totally blown away by them. There are plenty of others who are much better than me so I guess there will always be room for growth with blogging. I just recently started participating in blog hops and that has forced me to have a post on my blog with a creation at least twice a week. I'm very happy to be part of this group. I think it will be fun to be linked up to one another and getting to know each other through are daily or weekly postings. When I have a moment I am gonna add links to all of you guys to my blog. I'll probably create a separate section and title it with our fun group name. :p

sarahstampart 04-23-2010 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamptician (Post 16564432)
Wow Sarah!! Thanks for those wonderful comments about my blog. I'm totally blown away by them. There are plenty of others who are much better than me so I guess there will always be room for growth with blogging. I just recently started participating in blog hops and that has forced me to have a post on my blog with a creation at least twice a week. I'm very happy to be part of this group. I think it will be fun to be linked up to one another and getting to know each other through are daily or weekly postings. When I have a moment I am gonna add links to all of you guys to my blog. I'll probably create a separate section and title it with our fun group name. :p

This is great; I'll do that too.

And you are very welcome for the comments. I meant every bit of it. Your work is beautiful. But I hope you won't compare yourself or your blog to others. You can certainly always find someone out there who is "further along" than you, but please don't think of them as "better"! Everyone is different and unique and that's what's great. And I am sure there are SO many people (me included) who look at you as an inspiration and as being further along as they are. So, everyone's just at different places, you know? It's all good! ;-)

I just got through taking a whole bunch of pictures for my blog. I am afraid lately I have not had too much time for creating, nor have I had as much mojo as I would like, so several of my recent posts have been about things other than stamping. I need to change that, so I am definitely going to try to be "creative" this weekend. But, for the time being I dug out some older cards and things I figured I can at least use as "fillers". The way I see it, at least I will be posting something, kwim?

Yeah, I am psyched about our little blogging group, too. I think it's going to be a great way to maintain motivation and stay accountable, not to mention fun getting to know each other and learn some things in the process! :-)

sarahstampart 04-23-2010 06:59 PM

I just posted an old relic from my stash, lol, but at least I posted! ;-)

Maybe tonight I can start on something new. We'll see how things go. If not, I am going to make it my weekend goal to get something at least started before Monday rolls around!

sarahstampart 04-23-2010 10:08 PM

Well, although I had not planned on it, I actually posted again just now!
My wonderful DH came home from his business trip with a gift for me: 13 brand new rubber stamps (pictured in my post) from Viva Las Vegasstamps! Fun times!!! :-)

Cass2sons 04-24-2010 12:27 PM

Hi! so nice to have you Jennipher! I am going to go check out your blog and add you to the list!!

Cass2sons 04-24-2010 12:34 PM

Wow Jennipher, you are so creative, I love your cards! I agree with Sarah, I am going to also have to take lessons on becoming a seasoned blogger. I love your Be still and know that I am God card, gorgeous!
I see you're a member of Christian Paper Crafts, me too! I love it there. I don't get there as often as I should though. I do the Wednesday, Altered for Him blessing tag giveaway!

Have you been published in all those card maker designer mags? I would like to submit to some magazines when I get a few minutes!

Great to have you here!

Cass2sons 04-24-2010 01:31 PM

I hope you all are having a great weekend! It's rainy here..That's ok, it's been great for the past month. A little rain is good.

sarahstampart 04-24-2010 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cass2sons (Post 16569027)
I hope you all are having a great weekend! It's rainy here..That's ok, it's been great for the past month. A little rain is good.

Hi Cassandra, hope you are having a nice Saturday. Everyone else, too! :-)
It's gorgeous here today, but we had some rain during the week. That's pretty unusual for Southern CA.
Right now I am thinking of playing with the new stamps my DH got me that I just posted to my blog about. However, the mail lady just dropped off a big box of stuff I ordered online... I don't know if I can resist opening it, lol ;-)

FallnPetal 04-24-2010 02:18 PM

Hi all! So I have been reading more about blogs and blogging here on SCS and found out we cannot put up a listing for our blog candy in the forums. So I'm wondering, what and how do you all advertise/promote your blog candy?

stamptician 04-24-2010 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FallnPetal (Post 16569162)
Hi all! So I have been reading more about blogs and blogging here on SCS and found out we cannot put up a listing for our blog candy in the forums. So I'm wondering, what and how do you all advertise/promote your blog candy?

This is really a tough one Leslie. And it's odd but you and I must have been reading the same forum recently because I saw that yesterday when I came over here to sign up for this group. SCS is a real stickler for some things and that just happens to be one of them. And to be honest, I don't really see what the big deal is other than them being afraid the link might lead to an advertising post and they sell advertising here. One think you can do is post your blog candy on your blog and ask your readers/followers to tell all their readers followers. I have stumbled across many posts on blogs that are sharing info about someone's blog candy. Another thing you could do to get more traffic to you blog is participate in some of the blog challenges that exist out there. You will need to post your creation on your blog and then share a link to it on the challenge blog but, in that post you could include something about your blog candy.;)

stamptician 04-24-2010 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cass2sons (Post 16568850)
Wow Jennipher, you are so creative, I love your cards! I agree with Sarah, I am going to also have to take lessons on becoming a seasoned blogger. I love your Be still and know that I am God card, gorgeous!
I see you're a member of Christian Paper Crafts, me too! I love it there. I don't get there as often as I should though. I do the Wednesday, Altered for Him blessing tag giveaway!

Have you been published in all those card maker designer mags? I would like to submit to some magazines when I get a few minutes!

Great to have you here!

Oh hey Cass! You know I thought that was you was CPC! No I have never been published but, I also have never submitted either.

FallnPetal 04-25-2010 12:11 AM

I'm learning so much about blogging from blog candy to blog hops and blog challenges. It can almost be a confusing world. Years ago, blogs were something that the journalists used to share other newsstories and to comment on them. Today they can be anything from family diaries to controversial commentaries.

In our world however, they are a wonderful sharing from what I can see and I love that about them. I am working to up my game in all aspects from my creations, to my photography to my actual blogging and all the pretty things that go along with it.

I don't consider myself an artist since I can't draw and do wonderful digital art either so I have to rely on the beauty around me and use what I can from what I find; from that awesome new stamp to a photo of God's wonderful creations. If someone else didn't make it for me to use, I pretty much an helpless.

In the matter of what we can do and say here, I still don't quite understand why contests for blog candy are different than challenges. I don't sell a darn thing, represent any company or profit from my craft other than what I sell through our ministry events (but that's another story entirely.) This hobby is mostly for my pure entertainment unless you ask my hubby who I have convinced is all for the ministry - that way I can play alot more than I should! : )

RoseOhio 04-25-2010 03:17 AM

Hi girls! May I join the Blog group? I love all the things you have listed! I have all kinds of different things on my blog. I love so many styles, Unity, ippity, SU, Magnolia, Cricut. I just love it all and I try it all. HaHa! Thanks so much!

Rose
http://roseohio-myblog.blogspot.com

sarahstampart 04-25-2010 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoseOhio (Post 16571442)
Hi girls! May I join the Blog group? I love all the things you have listed! I have all kinds of different things on my blog. I love so many styles, Unity, ippity, SU, Magnolia, Cricut. I just love it all and I try it all. HaHa! Thanks so much!

Rose
http://roseohio-myblog.blogspot.com

Hi Rose! I just checked out your blog (left a few comments) and am absolutely blown away! I LOVE all your beautiful details, your awesome layouts and your gorgeous flowers! Flowers are my very favorite embellishment, along with lace and glitter... so my eyes just saw a little bit of heaven over on your blog! I have a feeling I will not only be spending a lot of time over at your blog, but you will likely be a great source of enabling. Not sure my checkbook is going to like you, lol! ;)

RoseOhio 04-25-2010 12:24 PM

Hi girls!

Thanks for the lovely comments about my blog, it means so much to me!! I have been around to everyone's blog and signed up to follow everyone. This is going to be fun! Really keeps you creating and blogging!

Rose

Cass2sons 04-25-2010 12:27 PM

Absolutely you can join hun. We'd love to have you! I will get you added to the list and head over to check out your blog! See ya around!

Cass2sons 04-25-2010 12:29 PM

Rose, your cards are beautiful! I love the colors of the first one! I am off to fix dinner then I will come back and look more!

stamptician 04-25-2010 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FallnPetal (Post 16571329)
I'm learning so much about blogging from blog candy to blog hops and blog challenges. It can almost be a confusing world. Years ago, blogs were something that the journalists used to share other newsstories and to comment on them. Today they can be anything from family diaries to controversial commentaries.

In our world however, they are a wonderful sharing from what I can see and I love that about them. I am working to up my game in all aspects from my creations, to my photography to my actual blogging and all the pretty things that go along with it.

I don't consider myself an artist since I can't draw and do wonderful digital art either so I have to rely on the beauty around me and use what I can from what I find; from that awesome new stamp to a photo of God's wonderful creations. If someone else didn't make it for me to use, I pretty much an helpless.

In the matter of what we can do and say here, I still don't quite understand why contests for blog candy are different than challenges. I don't sell a darn thing, represent any company or profit from my craft other than what I sell through our ministry events (but that's another story entirely.) This hobby is mostly for my pure entertainment unless you ask my hubby who I have convinced is all for the ministry - that way I can play alot more than I should! : )


Hey Leslie,
I just posted to my blog and at the end I added a blurp about your blog candy. Hope it gets you some traffic. :p

FallnPetal 04-25-2010 06:35 PM

That's so sweet, thank you~! I've been playing on my blog all day!


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:38 AM.