Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Blogging Groups (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/blogging-groups-f290/)
-   -   Chics w/Paper Power Tools & Stamps Blog Group: Open for New Members (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/blogging-groups-f290/chics-w-paper-power-tools-stamps-blog-group-open-new-members-t494215.html)

stamptician 06-09-2010 10:59 PM

Chics w/Paper Power Tools & Stamps Blog Group: Open for New Members
 
Who are the Chics with Paper Power Tools? What is a Paper Power Tool?
First of all, you need to know our definition of a Paper Power Tool: anything that manipulates paper from it's original version. The tool can be powered by electricity or by hand. Everybody has some sort of power tool in their craft toolbox I guarantee you. Here are some examples from the simplest to the most advanced:
  • shape punches
  • border punches
  • distressing tool
  • stylus/embossing templates
  • paper piercer
  • hand-cranked die-cutting machines:Cuttlebug/Big Shot etc.
  • paper crimper
  • paper tearing ruler or guide
  • decorative edge scissors
  • embossing folders used with Cuttlebug/Big Shot etc.
  • digital die-cutting machines: Cricut, Slice, Silhouette, Pazzles, etc.
  • sewing machine or needle & thread
We are Chics who enjoy creating with our Paper Power Tools and our stamps. We create cards and/or scrapbook pages.We make tags, ATC's, inchies, and altered items. We don't always use a power tool on a project but, we do upload our creations to our blogs because we love sharing and inspiring others. If you can handle the following guidelines then this is the group for you.


Please note: We have just revised our name and our rules and have opened up the doors to new members. Just post in this thread if you would like to join and can abide by the following guidelines.

Updated Guidelines as of 4/27/11:
  • Pop into this thread whenever you have uploaded a new creation to your blog. It no longer has to be made with the Cricut. We want to see those creations as well but, I felt as if the group being just for Cricut lovers was too limiting and causing a lack in participation
  • Try to visit as many people as you can while you are here and leave a comment on their latest post.
  • Become a follower of everyone who joins the group.
  • Practice good blogging etiquette: return comments and follows when you have time.
  • There are no hard and fast rules as to how often you have to blog. Some of us blog more than others. And Life Happens. That part is up to you. Just share with us when you do update.
  • When you pop in all you have to say is "updated my blog with____". It doesn't get any easier!
  • Are group is small enough that we should also try to really get to know one another. Feel free to share what is going on in your life as well. It's not all about the comments.
  • This last guideline is optional: add us to your side bar under the heading Chics with Paper Power Tools.


Updated Member's Blog List as of 8/10/13

Paper Expressions
Lisa E Design Blog
Doodle Diva Designs
Just Me n' You
Kreate With Me 2
My Crafty Place
Design Originals by KC
Sarah's Stamp Lab
Scraps & Photograffs
Something to Scrap About
Sunstamper Studio

GrandmaJoyce 06-10-2010 12:50 AM

I just bought a Cricut Expression, and am going to open it on Saturday. I will be attending a series of 3 classes on how to use the Expression in a couple of weeks.
I would be interested in joining a Cricut blog group. Blogs and Forums are all new to me, and while a blog is never really completed, I have just started building mine. I don't know how to link my new blog here the way others have theirs with the URL hidden.

stamptician 06-10-2010 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandmaJoyce (Post 16833185)
I just bought a Cricut Expression, and am going to open it on Saturday. I will be attending a series of 3 classes on how to use the Expression in a couple of weeks.
I would be interested in joining a Cricut blog group. Blogs and Forums are all new to me, and while a blog is never really completed, I have just started building mine. I don't know how to link my new blog here the way others have theirs with the URL hidden.

Hi there Joyce! Don't worry about hiding the url. Just copy and paste it into your next reply so we can find your blog.
How exciting for you....getting the Cricut Expression. I only have the original. Welcome to the group!:p

GrandmaJoyce 06-10-2010 12:10 PM

I am finding out we are never too old to learn. But then, I am only old when I look in the mirror! :lol:
Here goes, I also made a signature. Everyone on this site has been so helpful.

stamptician 06-10-2010 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandmaJoyce (Post 16836562)
I am finding out we are never too old to learn. But then, I am only old when I look in the mirror! :lol:
Here goes, I also made a signature. Everyone on this site has been so helpful.

You are right about that Joyce. I found your blog and I'm gonna become your first follower! I'm so looking forward to sharing and learning more about the Cricut with you!

Yami 06-11-2010 01:22 PM

Following this thread. May be interested in joining. If nothing else, I'm going to follow so I can check out the cool things y'all are doing :)

stamptician 06-11-2010 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yami (Post 16844166)
Following this thread. May be interested in joining. If nothing else, I'm going to follow so I can check out the cool things y'all are doing :)

Sounds good! It's not going to be a real difficult group to be a part of. Just post an update when you have posted a cricut project on your blog. Then we will go leave you some love. I appreciate your interest. ;)

GrandmaJoyce 06-13-2010 12:26 AM

My first experiment at making a card totally on my Cricut was interesting. I did post it to my blog tho.

stampnangel 06-13-2010 03:55 AM

I would love to do this. I have several cricut things on my blog. The link is in my siggy..the crafty one LOL

I like the idea of no rules type thing, just visit and leave a link here if we create something. :)

stamptician 06-13-2010 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampnangel (Post 16850726)
I would love to do this. I have several cricut things on my blog. The link is in my siggy..the crafty one LOL

I like the idea of no rules type thing, just visit and leave a link here if we create something. :)

Awesome! Welcome to the group Carrie! Can't wait to see something you create with you cricut.

stamptician 06-13-2010 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandmaJoyce (Post 16850657)
My first experiment at making a card totally on my Cricut was interesting. I did post it to my blog tho.

Thanks for sharing Joyce. I left you some love on your blog!:p

maestra 06-14-2010 08:17 PM

I'd love to join too :) especially if Carrie is playing too ;) You can check out my cricut creations on my blog side bar under... cricut creations :) My link is in my siggy for crafting with class.

stamptician 06-14-2010 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maestra (Post 16859826)
I'd love to join too :) especially if Carrie is playing too ;) You can check out my cricut creations on my blog side bar under... cricut creations :) My link is in my siggy for crafting with class.

Awesome! Welcome to the group. Can't wait to check out your blog.

stamptician 06-19-2010 09:25 PM

I've picked out all my papers and photos and plan on making a scrapbook page using my Life's a Beach Cartridge. When I get done I'll post a link to it on my blog. It's almost 1 a.m. and although it is the weekend and I'm too tired to stay up any longer. Have a great Sunday.

GrandmaJoyce 06-19-2010 11:25 PM

I bought the Cricut Lite cartridge, Bloom. It is my understanding that the cricut lite series is designed specially for WalMart. I paid $40 for it (which is a little pricy)and it comes in a nice plastic box, no detailed book, but does have a "cheat sheet". It does basic image, layer & shadow only. I will put this info on my blog along with the card I made and I think I will make a couple of the die cuts to display there also.
I checked out the blogs of the members of this thread today and saw some beautiful cards.

stamptician 06-21-2010 06:04 AM

I finally completed the scrapbook page using some cuts from the Life's a Beach cartridge. You will find it on my blog here:

http://jennipherlowery.typepad.com/p...n-palette.html

Thanks for looking.

stampnangel 06-21-2010 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamptician (Post 16890175)
I finally completed the scrapbook page using some cuts from the Life's a Beach cartridge. You will find it on my blog here:

http://jennipherlowery.typepad.com/p...n-palette.html

Thanks for looking.

Love your sb page. Is there a way to leave you a comment without leaving me email addy? I tried and it wouldn't let me post

stamptician 06-22-2010 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampnangel (Post 16890246)
Love your sb page. Is there a way to leave you a comment without leaving me email addy? I tried and it wouldn't let me post

No, it won't let you...it's a typepad thing. However the email is not shown to the public. It doesn't show up on the post at all. just in the emails I receive letting me know someone has left me a comment.
Thanks for trying. :p

heidi419 06-22-2010 11:01 AM

Is this still open to join?! I've just started my blog...kinda...lol...and wanted to join one of these groups! :)

stamptician 06-22-2010 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heidi419 (Post 16896495)
Is this still open to join?! I've just started my blog...kinda...lol...and wanted to join one of these groups! :)

Absolutely Heidi! Welcome to the group!

laura6 06-22-2010 02:01 PM

sub for now... i need to start a blog.
i had one on Blogger, but neglected it and never did much to it.... anyone know of another free Blog site other than Blogger, where i could have a fresh start?
i am addicted to my Cricut, I am waiting for the neighbors to ask what I do every night for three hours that they hear the whirring of the machine....

laura6 06-22-2010 03:53 PM

ok i literally JUST started a Blog....
i hope that works. i have a ton more to upload (and make LOL).... but its a start.
my brain hurts LOL, i'm off to cook dinner... veggie burgers on ciabatta, with cheese, tomato, garlic, avocado.... I'm calling them 'Cal-Italian Burgers' LOL

stamptician 06-22-2010 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laura6 (Post 16897381)
sub for now... i need to start a blog.
i had one on Blogger, but neglected it and never did much to it.... anyone know of another free Blog site other than Blogger, where i could have a fresh start?
i am addicted to my Cricut, I am waiting for the neighbors to ask what I do every night for three hours that they hear the whirring of the machine....

Welcome Laura! wordpress is another free blogging site. The format is quite different than blogger. I used typepad now and I pay $8.95 a month for it but, I can have up to three blogs. I was on blogger for about 2 years. I liked it fine but just wanted to try typepad and fell in love with it. You can do a google search for "free blogs" and there are plenty of them out there.

akelly100 06-22-2010 06:34 PM

I would like to join in also. My blog is a little over a month old and mostly has Cricut creations on it!

I'm off to check out the other blogs from this post! This sounds like fun!

stamptician 06-22-2010 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akelly100 (Post 16898780)
I would like to join in also. My blog is a little over a month old and mostly has Cricut creations on it!

I'm off to check out the other blogs from this post! This sounds like fun!

Welcome to the group Anna! I saw your blog before I saw your post. As a rule when someone leaves me a comment I make sure to return the favor. And while at your blog I was thinking "she should join our group, I wonder if she is on SCS". LOL

GrandmaJoyce 06-22-2010 08:21 PM

I just updated with three Cricut projects, one of which is from a Cricut Expressions class. I'm learning to use my Expressions!:D Now I'm off to visit blogs. I really like looking at all the beautiful cards and pages everyone does. ;)

stampnangel 06-23-2010 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamptician (Post 16895986)
No, it won't let you...it's a typepad thing. However the email is not shown to the public. It doesn't show up on the post at all. just in the emails I receive letting me know someone has left me a comment.
Thanks for trying. :p

I filled in all the blanks and it still won't let me post :confused: Maybe I'll try on a different post.

stamptician 06-23-2010 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampnangel (Post 16899999)
I filled in all the blanks and it still won't let me post :confused: Maybe I'll try on a different post.

Oh no! I've never had that problem before.

totallystamps 06-23-2010 08:13 AM

I would love to join! I love the Cricut! Thank you!

stamptician 06-23-2010 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by totallystamps (Post 16901326)
I would love to join! I love the Cricut! Thank you!

Welcome! We'd love to have you. Do you have a blog address you'd like to share with us?

totallystamps 06-23-2010 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamptician (Post 16903529)
Welcome! We'd love to have you. Do you have a blog address you'd like to share with us?

I do, here it is, it is still under constuction. :) I will be working on it through out the week and weekend.

http://totally-stamps.blogspot.com

stamptician 06-23-2010 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by totallystamps (Post 16903826)
I do, here it is, it is still under constuction. :) I will be working on it through out the week and weekend.

http://totally-stamps.blogspot.com

That's not a problem! I just wanted to add you to the master list. :p

laura6 06-23-2010 05:17 PM

i have been having as much fun working on my own blog, as i have seeing every one else's creations...
thanks for setting up this thread

Lmn 06-23-2010 08:34 PM

oohhh
 
WOW! You ladies have done a GREAT job using your Cricuts for projects, pages and cards! I need to use my Cricut more often, lots of inspiration from your blogs :D

akelly100 06-24-2010 08:57 AM

I posted a 4th of July card today using the Graphically Speaking cartridge!

GrandmaJoyce 06-24-2010 11:39 AM

Jennipher; I read somewhere that I can follow you on facebook. Is this different than being a friend? If it is, how do I become a follower on your facebook silhouette Design page?

stamptician 06-24-2010 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandmaJoyce (Post 16908396)
Jennipher; I read somewhere that I can follow you on facebook. Is this different than being a friend? If it is, how do I become a follower on your facebook silhouette Design page?

Yes, there is a facebook badge on my Silhouettes blog and above it there is a "like" button. If you click the like button you will then be following my Silhouettes blog via facebook.

stamptician 06-24-2010 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lmn (Post 16904724)
WOW! You ladies have done a GREAT job using your Cricuts for projects, pages and cards! I need to use my Cricut more often, lots of inspiration from your blogs :D

Thanks Lela! These gals are really inspiring. I've only used my Cricut once since I started the group. I need to get on the ball. :p

laura6 06-24-2010 07:19 PM

ok i admit, inbetween Thursday and Sunday I won't be adding much to my blog... at least not much that requires photos. i spend weekends at my boyfriend's house, and his computer hates my camera LOL seriously... so i will be crafting a whole lot in that time, and updating my Blog pretty much every day.... just not many with pictures.
I just want to give everyone a heads' up.... that my blog is most exciting on the weekdays LOL

laura6 06-25-2010 06:26 PM

i posted some iced coffee recipes today.... its too dadgum hot to craft.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:26 PM.